[D2, Asia realm] Current Problems

Support
1 2 3 11 Next
Hi, Classic Team

There're several problems occurring in entire Asia server (Ladder server & Standard server). The problems are following below;

#1. Ping is unstably fluctuating right now which had already happened last time. The in-game ping rate is roughly 200(up to 300). Because of this issue, It is impossible for users to focus on "Delicate Controlling" such as moving character or using character's own specific skills like Sorceress teleport. Furthermore, because of the ping fluctuation, especially the hardcore users are having difficulties with controlling.
For another example, Barbarian whilwind sound is exactly the same as LOD.

As The ping dominates all the playing condition, this thing has to be resolved and the server should be rolled back to the "previous condition". The current fluctuation of the ping MUST be normalized and stable as it were.

#2. Ip address of in-game is fixed to 150 which had already happened last time. A group of users stick together as utilizing in-game server ip for the uber diablo. A lot of users prefer various in-game server Ips to one fixed ip.

This issue I wrote in order above is not just a normal issue but the critical problem for the users. I believe that you guys don't consider this problem as just a tiny little problem.

If there's any notification or further comments you guys want to leave, feedbacks would be most welcome and we appreciate that.

Thank you,

CF. Please refer to other user's reporting as having the exact same problems. You can look into that as well. The link is posted below;

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771167240?page=28#post-558
I'm already afraid of how long the temporary server will last this time.
a month's nightmare Is it a restart?

I know a little bit of error is something that we have to bear.

After you guys switched from temporary server to original server, we were able to escape from various error such as satisfaction with game ping, login delay, and barbarian whirlwind.

But now it's all back in error.

I don't know why you guys opened a temporary server again,

I don't want you to remind me of a month of nightmares like last time.

Playing game on temporary servers is like telling Asia users not to play Diablo2
We appreciate the feedback! We're actively looking into your concerns. As mentioned previously, we've been updating the infrastructure for our Asia realm which has presented many challenges we've been working through.

One change with the infrastructure improvements is the "single IP" that many of you have noted. I just wanted to call out that this change is intended to be part of the infrastructure going forward- it is not a single "temporary server". There are still plenty of game servers available to play on :D

A call for help:
We've been unable to reproduce some of the problems you've mentioned, unfortunately. Could anyone provide more details about the following issues? Feel free to provided a detailed comment or, even better, a link to a video demonstrating the problem. If you choose to provide a video, it would be easiest for us to view on a platform like YouTube or Twitch.

Barbarian Whirlwind Sound is different:
How is it different? Is it different if you play on a realm other than Asia?

Teleport:
How is teleport being used when it's causing problems? Anytime you use it? When it's "spammed"? Specific areas? The better we understand the use case the more likely we'll be able to reproduce and understand the problem.

We're working hard to ensure Diablo II continues to operate the best it can and with your continued patience and feedback we can do that together.

Thanks for the passion!
Hello, Jordan Irwin,

I know what you mean. Because of it, so many times I have to write here to report issues after the immigration of Asia servers last December. And from February to March, Asia D2 users had to go through hardship. Then please read these threads.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771137516?page=1

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771167240?page=28#post-558

Now Classic games team are trying to set up load balancing again. Many users are saying it is crazy. Where is gone the right of users? Load balancing is totally unfair and make servers unavailable.

AMURoREI means classic barbarians' whirlwind hitting sound is different from LOD ONE. He can attack more twice than LOD barbarians. So with it, I can know if something is going well or not. LOD barbarians can attack just 6 times at a second. But classic barbarian can 12 times at least. So his hitting sound is absolutely much fun of classic D2. In my monitor he attacks normally, but sound is same with LOD One. Your team is trying to kill the main strong point of classic barbarians.

Desync. It is another problem. I live in Seoul, so the ping 218 is not acceptable. Normally it must be lower than 100. It is like a rubber band now. 14-218.

And load balancing is preventing to hold Uber Diablo event. Then why did you make Uber? Why we have to collect SOJ?

Therefore I have to say again, your answer is very disappointing. Before make a reply, please see around threads. Your answer is like a blank sheet of paper.

Even though I gave a screen shot, I have to do something more like a youtube video? Huh, to solve problems why users have to do many things? The solution is simple. Please get back the former structure of Asia servers. Or please give up the load balancing. It makes us painful. My characters are dancing without my intention. I do not understand why I have to explain these many things again. Then before asking, please look at this board in detail.

Thank you.
Hey Jordan Irwin
Are you making fun of us?

Asia users don't want the infrastructure you're talking about.
I'll tell you again.

What you're talking about is the infrastructure and the single ip thing.
that is,
It's in the same vein as telling Asia users not to play games.

All we want is for you to get the server back to normal.

Infrastructure? Better service? I don't need it all.

Just get the server back to normal.

And I want you to think about the rights of the users.

Don't be stubborn anymore.
Hello,

Because of Jordan Irwin's request, I played and recorded my classic barbarian and Lod 200 f/c rate sorceress.

https://youtu.be/q8LwdCOHhqI

In the video, half is for a classic mace barbarian and the rest for a sorcer. So look at my video with wide open eyes and solve the issues that I told many times. It is an obvious evidence for Dysinc, fixed 150 Ip address, strange classic barbarians' hitting sound. But I think only way to solve them is the reversing the structure of servers to the former. Because the result is perfectly same with last month's phenomenon.

I do not understand why you try to break down Asia servers. And why only Asia servers? Please let them be. Please don't touch any more. I am really serious whenever you handle them, it is getting worse. Is this your real service? I hope previous servers' structure will come back.

Thank you.
Hi, Jordan Irwin

In order to make you guys understood clearly, I wrote this posting in point form this time. Here's the following;

Q.
Barbarian Whirlwind Sound is different:
How is it different? Is it different if you play on a realm other than Asia?

A. [classic barbarians' whirlwind hitting sound is different from LOD ONE. He can attack more twice than LOD barbarians. So with it, I can know if something is going well or not. LOD barbarians can attack just 6 times at a second. But classic barbarian can 12 times at least. So his hitting sound is absolutely much fun of classic D2. In my monitor he attacks normally, but sound is same with LOD One. Your team is trying to kill the main strong point of classic barbarians.]

The contents in brackets are retrieved from "ArnoldPerm" reply above.

Q.
Teleport:
How is teleport being used when it's causing problems? Anytime you use it? When it's "spammed"? Specific areas? The better we understand the use case the more likely we'll be able to reproduce and understand the problem.

A.
This teleport lagging suddenly occurs in unexpected time and occurs in any time even lagging occurs in the time that the network is at the fastest speed. This lagging is nothing to do with specific areas. It happens in wherever area we wanna go once I clicked on teleport skill. For example, when i try to teleport with character sorceress by clicking on other spot, It reacts like 3 or more seconds after. This lagging is such a "big distraction" you should look into.

If there's a shortage of description or a lack of understanding, please let me know.

Hoping to have your reply soon.

Thank you.
Asia users are desperately trying to prevent infrastructure updates.

Why?

For the past month, we've been playing games at the worst.

Look at the YouTube file mentioned above by ArnoldPerm.

The current state of Asia is more serious than that video.

And I've played the worst game in the past month, so Asia users know better than anyone else.

I know you guys are actively trying to improve the service.

but,

I want you to think about the opinions of users who are playing games directly on Asia servers.

We're not arguing with you for nothing.

I don't want to relive the nightmare of the past month.

This is what I want and what all Asia users want.
If you've checked the ArnoldPerm YouTube file, please answer.

We know better than many of those errors affect the game.

Asia users are in a state of great confusion.

Please don't destroy the server anymore.

What we want is to get the server back to its original state.

Only then will these errors disappear. It's the same thing we've been through before.

plz blizzard.

Thank you.
Everyone,

The US server had the same problem in the first half of 2018. It will be fixed, it just takes time.
Diablo2 need more big size Private stash(warehouse) please !!!
What the bla bla this two'up.
hi

I am very uncomfortable because of various errors when I play game.

You know it's hard to fix all those errors.

I need you to get the server back to normal as soon as possible.

This level of gaming is as slow as the West Server.

Please, Blizzard.

I'm sure you know what's a wise choice.

Please don't bother the server anymore.
I have some free shots to deleting.
No using free shot. I think.
Yes this shot need use but not now.
Hello, Classic Games Team.

Have you seen the YouTube video that shows the problems of the Asian server?
He dedicated his time and effort to making the video.

There is obviously a problem with the Asian server.
The problem that was gone is that it's happening again.

Please return the Asian server as it was. And don't make this problem again.

Thank you.