Here is how to deal with bots : developper action

General Discussion
One could argue that using jsp is smart while not using it is like shooting yourself in the foot and acting like everything’s fine
05/31/2019 05:08 PMPosted by ConanTheBarb
One could argue that using jsp is smart while not using it is like shooting yourself in the foot and acting like everything’s fine
Only bad players who don't know how to play the game, and need to buy their gear off jsp, would make that argument.
05/31/2019 04:21 PMPosted by CanisLupis
05/31/2019 03:45 PMPosted by ConanTheBarb
Jsp doesn’t equal botter tho. I love jsp but hate botters/cheaters/hackers/people who buy fg for $$ but jsp itself isn’t the problem
My god! If it wasn't for people who buy fg, you wouldn't have any.
Eh it could be locked to only 1000fg total and the rich would have 50fg while we trade for 0.001 fg per Ist Rune or something. It’s all relative and people buying fg just inflate the market.
05/31/2019 05:12 PMPosted by ConanTheBarb
05/31/2019 04:21 PMPosted by CanisLupis
...My god! If it wasn't for people who buy fg, you wouldn't have any.
Eh it could be locked to only 1000fg total and the rich would have 50fg while we trade for 0.001 fg per Ist Rune or something. It’s all relative and people buying fg just inflate the market.

You know a player isn't too bright when they are talking about buying Ist runes with fg, fg that was purchased with real money, and then think people who buy fg hurt the jsp economy.

Jsp is a business that allows purchased fg to be used and recycled on the forum. The website has multiple employees and owners, they, along with you, wouldn't be on the site without constant fg sales.

People who don't buy fg but can't play D2 without fg, are... think government social programs where the rich support the poor.
Edit:nvm.
if there was no FG/jsp there would still be a problem.
it would be easyer to trade ingame ( since there is no jsp/FG)
some item would become the "currency" ( likly a basket of items like pgems / mid runes are the "cents" and high runes and SOJ's are the "dollars" )
wouldnt be ALL that different... bots would still bot and get rich.

BUT the truth is that part of what is cool about d2 is that items have real world value, thats a good thing not a bad thing. the game is so good that poeple value the items.

blizz should embrace that not bend over backward, and have "acccount bound" items to make damn sure these items have no value....

they also had a good thing going with d3 at first, but a bunch of RETARTS compalined about how "its not fair! why are they making money and i'm not :_("

even tho all we're taking about here is dollars and cents...

if players what to spend 100$ and get some Nice !@#$ and have fun, rather then go spend that 100$ on the bar that weekend.

Just let them to it.....

the bottom line is that a market form freely, and blizz tries to fight the free market... which is LAME.
if you ask me... they didnt remove d3's AH because it was "ruining the game"
-_-
they probably didnt want to deal with all the differnt laws when it comes to holding poeples Money on deposit. it makes then a "money transmitter" kinda like a bank, and that's got all kinds of legal issues with it. and they have to service poeple from alover the world so would of had to comply with many different laws. not to mention dealing with banks as users want to cash in and out.

and so they took the easy way out.
05/31/2019 08:55 PMPosted by Adam
if there was no FG/jsp there would still be a problem.
it would be easyer to trade ingame ( since there is no jsp/FG)
some item would become the "currency" ( likly a basket of items like pgems / mid runes are the "cents" and high runes and SOJ's are the "dollars" )
wouldnt be ALL that different... bots would still bot and get rich.

You Must Be Real Noob If You Think Thats A New Idea
There's a train a'comin'... And Ima thinkin' this track is derailed...
05/31/2019 11:31 PMPosted by TheDarkJedi
There's a train a'comin'... And Ima thinkin' this track is derailed...
As long as no one is hurting the botter's and jsp user's feelings, it'll stay up.
Google "compassion".
Botters don't need JSP to get gear.
Botters don't need JSP to lead the boards.

JSP is only a vector.
05/31/2019 03:45 AMPosted by ProMeTheus
CD Key ban

already done and it destroyed the community see years: 2016-2017

Now some bots are visible and could be CD key banned when spotted. CD Key ban is rather important because if there is no cost to bot banning other than losing an account, the automatic multi account botting may still outpace somewhat the efforts of banning. But fortunately on D2 you can CD key ban. The problem is when bots aren't visible, playing in private games where nobody can see them.

public or private it does not matter
bliz already has in place anti detection severside / clientside
see wardenjr - serverside
see extrawork stagec.dll - clientside (search for stagec.dll on your windows computer!) - that is anti cheat and its running

ust develop a simple patch that allows admins/Game masters to observe players in private games

you dont need to "observe" players manually its already done years ago back before 1.10 then 1.11 warden see - "realm down" , " temp ip restriction" , " wait in line"

This way, you can wipe the bots from D2 and make it as awesome of a game as it should be.

its funny how you know so little about this yet your trying to give advice

Need help? It's possible to recruit GMs from voluntary players, as has been done with Wow. If you are lacking funds to develop a little observing patch or admin time to take action, take donations from the D2 players community. Do it for the love and passion of D2.

this was done on youtube and the effects were devastating and horrid

people would get bribed to ban accounts, steal accounts, use sjw logic - bad bad stuff indeed.

bliz does not lack funds they are a multi million dollar company

asking for player donations is the worst thing i have seen today and only shows your massive ignorance.

05/31/2019 04:09 AMPosted by ProMeTheus
In my opinion, it's not a automatic detection of bots that is required so much as the ability to view the bots and have an admin interact with them to ban them! Because when you look at a bot's gameplay, you can tell that it is a bot. All that is needed to confirm it is to try and talk to it or interact with it in some way and you can quickly ban it then.

again massive ignorance....

stop ur crying noobs and be thankful servers are online and bliz staff does not drool excessively you know who you are :)

you got a cell phone right?
06/01/2019 02:45 AMPosted by roflroflrofl
stop ur crying noobs and be thankful servers are online

this
06/01/2019 05:56 AMPosted by KosmO
06/01/2019 02:45 AMPosted by roflroflrofl
stop ur crying noobs and be thankful servers are online

this

Is it just me that think that d2 would be better with bnet servers down?

I mean at this point anyone who would like to play d2 would have to go on dedicated servers which...

Some includes 100% legit
Some pvp
Some modded
I just think the playerbase would find their favorite environment way easier, and it would pretty much slow down considerably the selling of d2 items