Banned until 2020

Support
I decided to come back after about idk how many years... >10... So i installed the game a couple weeks ago. I played a few days, failed, and i uninstalled. So now i found out ladder is resetting soon, so I reinstalled and as soon as i clicked on battle.net it kept saying "you were disconnected from battle.net please reconnect." so i came here and tried every suggestion i found to no avail. So i got to chat with a blizz Tech and he tells me my ip is banned until 2020!!! Im not on a business wifi, I dont have any hacks, viruses, nobody uses my computer.. I really dont know what is going on. I was able to play just fine a few weeks ago.

Anyway, the blizz Tech Eeyvor told me to come to the Tech support forum, post my issue and that a Tech should be able to appeal my ban.

Blizzard techs please help me out here. Bots are all over diablo, yet one of your biggest supporters that plays completly honest is here banned til 2020.
i've been banned for a few mins,hours, and even a few days once. never for a year!

impressive.
Until 2020, yikes...

I know you said you posted in the technical support forum, but did you try posting in the classic games support forum? You will have a better chance of a Blizzard employee seeing your case there.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790219/
Thank you, I posted there as well
No resolution yet. Not even a response
you must be using a VPN which is banned. Also check your anti virus if it has some secure connection enabled
Howdy!

Relicario are you playing from a place of business/government? If so try playing from a private Internet Service Provider see if that helps.
Thank you.
05/21/2019 06:30 PMPosted by Zuvykree
Howdy!

Relicario are you playing from a place of business/government? If so try playing from a private Internet Service Provider see if that helps.
Thank you.

Thank you very much for responding.

No, its a private network in my Apartment. No vpn or anything, dont even know how to set that up.

What really throws me off is that i was able to play fine just a few weeks ago. It all happened when i deleted and reinstalled. What i did do differently though, is that when running the installer the game wouldnt want to install. I would click on install and nothing would happen. So what i did is delete all the diablo 2 folders that were left behind. I also had to follow some steps online that had me open the regedit and go to like hk local users or something like that and delete the blizzard folder. After doing that i was able to install but as soon as i clicked on the battle.net button i got the error.

Please give me a hand here, I am really looking forward to playing the next ladder season.
ssdd
Serious question, will any classic Tech be able to remove the ban or is it impossible? Honest answer please, because if thats the case so i can cancel ladder reset plans early on and stop wasting time with this. I have time off from work pending so I really need an answer. I don't want to take time off for no reason.
are you using any anti virus like Kaspersky Secure Connection?
05/22/2019 05:23 PMPosted by Birze
are you using any anti virus like Kaspersky Secure Connection?

No, I havent made any changes since the last time i installed and played the game which was just about 3 weeks ago. I dont think i even turned on the pc since then.
Get a new IP address and if your still banned, then you will need a new key as well. Ask Google or ask your ISP for a new ip address.
05/23/2019 06:13 AMPosted by LegendFist7
Get a new IP address and if your still banned, then you will need a new key as well. Ask Google or ask your ISP for a new ip address.

Didnt want to resort to this... But you know what i think im just done with these guys/game.
Lol who keeps giving thumbs down? Care to leave a Comment?
05/23/2019 01:45 PMPosted by Relicario
Lol who keeps giving thumbs down?

Some people are just negative-Nancy's and just down vote everything, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Can you try one more time and let me know what the exact message you see is? Thanks!
05/23/2019 06:08 PMPosted by Zuvykree
Can you try one more time and let me know what the exact message you see is? Thanks!

It's posted in my original post......

"you were disconnected from battle.net please reconnect."