[D2] Why do we use e-currency or bots for this game?

General Discussion
I feel like if you're going to play the game you should play it. I mean the allure is getting better gear right? Might as well keep it special by not spoiling yourself with the godly gear and instead letting it stay difficult.

I imagine this is how someone immortal would feel if they were stuck on earth, why would they exploit the economy to get everything they need when it ruins the purpose of even existing in the realm in the first place? Having a Bugatti is great and all but at the end of the day there isn't anything better to strive for, having the challenge alone is rewarding enough and without it you are an empty shell driving around in your spiffy vehicle; it won't stay interesting forever.

The fun is setting restrictions like an ironman tournament. In the case of using such services, I see it might be fun to do speed-runs in decked out gear to get the best personal time you can. It's more interesting without pay-to-win, and that's why everyone is upset about Diablo: Immortal, right? And why the AH on Diablo 3 was a bad idea? If you are concerned about speed-runs, single player has some neat editors to make all that gear without screwing up an "established economy" (very debatable term)

What do you think?
Spend a lot of time driving your Bugatti to know what it's like at the end of the day, to know you're just and empty shell? Honestly, your words compile into a chronic poorman's envy. At the end of the day it's not about the toys, it's about the power. Someone who's never experience lasting power can know nothing of this. So until you bootstrap your way into a Bugatti, it is just your opinion on such things that is hollow.

JSP, bots, hacks, buying/selling items, PVP, top rung of the ladder, controlling the economy, it's all about the power each one offers, then there is the combination of them. If you're a legit player, no matter how good you are, you can't compete with those who violate the EULA.

I play the ladder to compete with myself, just as I've always done in business--to be better than I was yesterday. It has nothing to do with anyone else. It's about personal best.
Judging by the reply-less down votes I'm going to chalk this up to lack of communication and a community divide because of basic psychological wants/desires. (being powerful in game makes up for something, perhaps?)

As far as the EULA goes I mean sure it's there for a legal reason... but at the end of the day the average gamer does not care about that. Single player speed-runs are a thing if someone really wanted to focus on that without getting their cd-keys banned online.

So it's down to an economy thing and power, being able to show off online or potentially make money selling off these harvested items they find with bots, and the currency backed up behind that.

It's understandable nobody would want to talk about this on the official forums... the entire point that i'm making here is that very few people play these games just to play them anymore, it's usually just an ulterior motive where that time could probably be better spent starting a _real_ business making more money. If these item sellers and such want to claim they do it because they like the game and it pays, i'm pretty sure there are other things that you might like that pay better. Maybe you just need a friend to talk to? Perhaps a hand to hold?

A SWOT analysis and business plan written up for selling d2 items is the most absurd thing I can imagine right now. Maybe an analysis of this business model is what these folks actually need to do... lots of risk for a time trade-off and I can think of a load of other ways to make buck.
They are just drug addicts making dope money, they don't have a clue about SWOT, nor business planning. And real entrepreneurs don't use these things, real entrepreneurs just do it.
I grew up @ ussr, back in days when people worked and gave their lives for the motherland, for something greater than them

american videogame implement capitalist mindset that make people want to havee everything without working, without sacrifice to give the elites comfortable life that rightfully belong to them

cheating @ videogame gives ppl that fantasy of being the bourgeois
07/03/2019 01:47 AMPosted by Glyph
very few people play these games just to play them anymore

I do that :)

I feels good to show other players in trade window that I am not using any uniques / sets and all of my gears are somewhat low-mid end and I am have no trouble soloing in WSK in a 4-5 player game
07/03/2019 10:31 AMPosted by Privyet
I grew up @ ussr, back in days when people worked and gave their lives for the motherland, for something greater than them

american videogame implement capitalist mindset that make people want to havee everything without working, without sacrifice to give the elites comfortable life that rightfully belong to them

cheating @ videogame gives ppl that fantasy of being the bourgeois

That’s some flawed logic right there
07/03/2019 02:36 PMPosted by BFG9000
07/03/2019 01:47 AMPosted by Glyph
very few people play these games just to play them anymore

I do that :)
Don't forget to tell him that you party with bots to "prevent falling behind (because you're not competitive), you even made a post of the subject that Blizzard deleted because it promoted violating the EULA. And that you play in bot games to boost your experience and drop rate--typical D2 cheater and compulsive liar. I await your typical blah, blah, blah, blah response.
the game was designed to force players to trade for gear they need.
you find a pally skiller,you trade it for a cold skiller. etc.
using currency makes the process much easier.

and i'd say its the fact that some poeple are willing to pay $ for your loot, is what keeps you grinding.
the problem is the bots make everything nearly worthless.

and with the resets this creates a really werid economy in which its all about selling everything you find first couple days, so that you can be rich once the bots come back online.

the problem isn't the currency. its the idea that not everyone is playing with the same rule book....
07/04/2019 05:54 AMPosted by AtomicPunk
prevent falling behind

I am already behind anyway.

You were showing off your level 80ish starting char with multiple level 70ish char only 10 days into the ladder reset.

Compare your progress (1 x starting char at level 80+ and multiple char at level 70+ only 10 days into the reset) and my progress today (level 88 starting char, with 2 x level 20 char and 1 x level 1 mule char after about 3 weeks into the reset), my progress is so much slower than yours, and you are saying I am trying to be competitive?

I have no godly gears what so ever. I have no HRs what so ever.

Also, you are taking it out of context here. I already said multiple times that I get enchanted and level myself up to level 25 and then I start go by my own business. I solo-completed NM and I solo-completed Hell with my starting MF SORC (and yes, I admit I skipped jungle in Act 3 because I couldn't be bothered with navigating my ways around the jungle).

I don't believe I will ever have a character that is level 99 before the season ends, which to me i fine. Reaching level 99 isn't my goal any way.

If I bot all day as you think to be the case, then I wouldn't be complaining about "I have never been able to build 1 single Faith or Enigma or etc... in my entire D2 play experience".

If I bot all day, then I would have multiple rune words, multiple characters above level 90 and all overpowered, etc... by now. I simply don't have any of those.

Stuff it, I will make a youtube video of what my char are like and what gears I have to prove that I am so damn far behind most people and my progress is so slow that it is not funny.

play in bot games to boost your experience and drop rate

I remember a while ago, you also commented that you solo - play in 2-3 player games.

My understanding of the "solo in 2-3 player game" is you are in a game with 1-2 other players, but rather than killing monsters together with those 1-2 players, you actually go to a different area all by yourself and kill monsters on your own in your selected area.

That's what I am trying to do as well, to join a game with a few other players, but I go about killing things on my own.

My only issue is since I play casual and I don't have any friends to who this together with me, so I usually end up joining public Chaos Sanctuary and baal run games. The other players are in Chaos Sanctuary and Thrones of Destruction while I stay in WSK level 2 and 3 all by myself. If the other players complete their baal run and leave the game, that's fine. I continue to clear WSK level 2 and 3 on my own and then find a different game.

The only thing is most of those baal run games appear to be created by bots (like they announce "hot tp" or "safe tp" when they reach Throne of Destruction). So my reaction now days is "fine, you guys stay in Chaos / Thrones and level up, while I will remain in WSK all by myself and do some solo killing". So I honestly don't see how this scenario is THAT much different to "joining a game where other players are in area X while I just ignore those other players and go to area Z all by myself."

If you think this is wrong, then can you please let me know what you believe to be the only way of playing it? I struggle to find games that is not a Chaos run or a Baal run in Hell Difficulty, and I don't have multiple copies of CD-Keys to simulate a /players x scenario by myself. Nor do I intend to purchase additional copies of CD-Keys.

I created my own games a few times, but nobody joins when that happens because it is not a baal run game, and /players x command only works in Single Player.
07/04/2019 05:25 PMPosted by BFG9000
prevent falling behind

I am already behind anyway.

You were showing off your level 80ish starting char with multiple level 70ish char only 10 days into the ladder reset.

Compare your progress (1 x starting char at level 80+ and multiple char at level 70+ only 10 days into the reset) and my progress today (level 88 starting char, with 2 x level 20 char and 1 x level 1 mule char after about 3 weeks into the reset), my progress is so much slower than yours, and you are saying I am trying to be competitive?

I have no godly gears what so ever. I have no HRs what so ever.

Also, you are taking it out of context here. I already said multiple times that I get enchanted and level myself up to level 25 and then I start go by my own business. I solo-completed NM and I solo-completed Hell with my starting MF SORC (and yes, I admit I skipped jungle in Act 3 because I couldn't be bothered with navigating my ways around the jungle).

I don't believe I will ever have a character that is level 99 before the season ends, which to me i fine. Reaching level 99 isn't my goal any way.

If I bot all day as you think to be the case, then I wouldn't be complaining about "I have never been able to build 1 single Faith or Enigma or etc... in my entire D2 play experience".

If I bot all day, then I would have multiple rune words, multiple characters above level 90 and all overpowered, etc... by now. I simply don't have any of those.

Stuff it, I will make a youtube video of what my char are like and what gears I have to prove that I am so damn far behind most people and my progress is so slow that it is not funny.

play in bot games to boost your experience and drop rate

I remember a while ago, you also commented that you solo - play in 2-3 player games.

My understanding of the "solo in 2-3 player game" is you are in a game with 1-2 other players, but rather than killing monsters together with those 1-2 players, you actually go to a different area all by yourself and kill monsters on your own in your selected area.

That's what I am trying to do as well, to join a game with a few other players, but I go about killing things on my own.

My only issue is since I play casual and I don't have any friends to who this together with me, so I usually end up joining public Chaos Sanctuary and baal run games. The other players are in Chaos Sanctuary and Thrones of Destruction while I stay in WSK level 2 and 3 all by myself. If the other players complete their baal run and leave the game, that's fine. I continue to clear WSK level 2 and 3 on my own and then find a different game.

The only thing is most of those baal run games appear to be created by bots (like they announce "hot tp" or "safe tp" when they reach Throne of Destruction). So my reaction now days is "fine, you guys stay in Chaos / Thrones and level up, while I will remain in WSK all by myself and do some solo killing". So I honestly don't see how this scenario is THAT much different to "joining a game where other players are in area X while I just ignore those other players and go to area Z all by myself."

If you think this is wrong, then can you please let me know what you believe to be the only way of playing it? I struggle to find games that is not a Chaos run or a Baal run in Hell Difficulty, and I don't have multiple copies of CD-Keys to simulate a /players x scenario by myself. Nor do I intend to purchase additional copies of CD-Keys.

I created my own games a few times, but nobody joins when that happens because it is not a baal run game, and /players x command only works in Single Player.

imagine thinking u have to explain urself on the internet
Not such a bad thing considering we are discussing how we play the game for the most entertainment. You won't improve anything being silent and just botting. Believe it or not Blizzard actually reads these posts and makes a decision based on what they feel are worthy changes. If we are being vocal it makes it easier to make the game better.
Great... Someone on the internet trying to tell people how they should have fun. Are you going to tell everyone how they should have sex too because it is how you think it should be done? Diablo is a game. You have fun your way. I will have fun my way. Botters can have fun their way and people playing Minecraft can have fun how they want. I think it is amazing that anyone is still on this game at all let alone still playing as if it is the first time they ever tried it.
07/04/2019 09:34 PMPosted by Nemisys
Great... Someone on the internet trying to tell people how they should have fun. Are you going to tell everyone how they should have sex too because it is how you think it should be done? Diablo is a game. You have fun your way. I will have fun my way. Botters can have fun their way and people playing Minecraft can have fun how they want. I think it is amazing that anyone is still on this game at all let alone still playing as if it is the first time they ever tried it.

Wrong. That’s flawed logic because the way you put it botters are just people enjoying the game differently.

It’s not just that they are playing differently, they are gaining an advantage over legitimate players with an endless supply of hrs and lessening their efforts.

Your liberty ends where the liberty of others start. What you’re basically saying is let athletes who want to use stereoids do it because it’s just a different way to go about it. Good luck convincing the olympics to allow drug usage.
Are you going to tell everyone how they should have sex too because it is how you think it should be done? Diablo is a game. You have fun your way. I will have fun my way. Botters can have fun their way and people playing Minecraft can have fun how they want

I don't fully agree with that. I don't like the idea of botting when it comes to Hell difficulty and killings things in level 85 areas such as WSK.

The public chaos / baal run games in Hell difficulty that I join may have other players who are bots, but I do not accept party invitations from them in those games and I just go to an area that the bot ignores and go around doing my own solo killing. (I know someone in this forum is going to say "but you let the them enchant you in normal difficulty", but that's an entirely different conversation to this particular topic of killing things in WSK)

Last night I saw a game in Hell Difficulty with 2-3 players with the game title says "act 1 Hell Start", and I joined that game, killed everything in WSK level 2 and 3, and then went back to act 1 to help them out.

The motivation behind that is I have been doing WSK in my own 1 player password protected games for the past a few days and I can survive and kill pretty well, but with crappy drops. So I wanted to see if the drops may potentially be better when there are more players in the game.

It is very difficult to find a suitable public game because most pubic games are chaos run or baal run games. Most appear to be created by bots and they finish within 10 minutes (enough for me to clear WSK level 2 all by myself or at least 90% of it if the number of player in game is less than 4).

So the moment I saw a game that is not chaos/baal run, but with actual real players who are questing, I decided to jump into it. Both to do some WSK killing while there are more players, as well as to help them out in act 1 once I am done WSK cleaning.

It is more fun to try to clear WSK on your own, compare to running a script to do automated baal run games.
07/04/2019 10:46 PMPosted by BFG9000
It is very difficult to find a suitable public game because most pubic games are chaos run or baal run games. Most appear to be created by bots and they finish within 10 minutes (enough for me to clear WSK level 2 all by myself or at least 90% of it if the number of player in game is less than 4).

On this topic, one thing I noticed that is very funny last night is that I joined a "chaos-baal run" game last night.

I went into WSK level 2 and started killing things while everybody else was in Chaos Sanctuary.

There were souls in WSK level 2 and I was able to handle them pretty comfortably.

When they killed diablo in Chaos Sanctuary, I was about halfway through cleaning WSK level 2.

I play with my mini map open all the time so I saw one of the players entered WSK's way point, just as I ran into another group of souls. And then then that player just dropped out of the game with a comment "souls detected, ng" or something like that, and then most other players exited the game soon after.

I just rolled my eyes when that happened because here I was, killing everything including souls in WSK level 2 and having fun, while those players whose levels are much higher than mine are quitting simply because there are souls in WSK level 2.
07/04/2019 10:27 PMPosted by ConanTheBarb

Wrong. That’s flawed logic because the way you put it botters are just people enjoying the game differently.

It’s not just that they are playing differently, they are gaining an advantage over legitimate players with an endless supply of hrs and lessening their efforts.

Your liberty ends where the liberty of others start. What you’re basically saying is let athletes who want to use stereoids do it because it’s just a different way to go about it. Good luck convincing the olympics to allow drug usage.

People have already openly taken steroids and been allowed to legitimately compete in the olympics. You should really check your facts before you spit out poorly chosen comparisons.
At least give some examples of how botters have directly ruined your Diablo experience...
If all you have is that they have more then you then it sounds like nothing but envy to me.
Personally, I dislike most bots on this game but only because they say annoying and retarded crap and it is hard to find a run with just humans in it these days. Although back in 1.10 and 1.11 there were loads of bots and you could still find loads of games with humans so probably not solely a bot problem this one.
07/07/2019 12:20 AMPosted by Nemisys
07/04/2019 10:27 PMPosted by ConanTheBarb

People have already openly taken steroids and been allowed to legitimately compete in the olympics. You should really check your facts before you spit out poorly chosen comparisons.
At least give some examples of how botters have directly ruined your Diablo experience...
If all you have is that they have more then you then it sounds like nothing but envy to me.
Personally, I dislike most bots on this game but only because they say annoying and retarded crap and it is hard to find a run with just humans in it these days. Although back in 1.10 and 1.11 there were loads of bots and you could still find loads of games with humans so probably not solely a bot problem this one.

If that’s true then what a time to be alive in... cheaters cheating *legitimately* /rolls eyes Botters don’t affect you if you don’t trade, if you don’t trade then you’re missing half the game. Enjoy yourself
07/07/2019 06:25 AMPosted by ConanTheBarb
07/07/2019 12:20 AMPosted by Nemisys

If that’s true then what a time to be alive in... cheaters cheating *legitimately* /rolls eyes Botters don’t affect you if you don’t trade, if you don’t trade then you’re missing half the game. Enjoy yourself

If you really think that half of the Diablo II is made up of trading then you still haven't seen about 90% of this game.