[Mac] I can't download the Battle.net app.

Mac Technical Support
I tried downloading Battle.net-Setup.zip from multiple browsers, but the download always fails after downloading about 1.35MB

This is the link my browser is using to download:
https://us.battle.net/download/getInstaller?os=mac&installer=Battle.net-Setup.zip&id=647457648.1562960518

(Extra data just in case:
I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.4,
I tried downloading it from Chrome 75, Safari 12.1 and Firefox 67 from the Download button in https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop;
I also tried `brew cask install battle-net`, which attempted to download it from https://us.battle.net/download/getInstaller?os=mac&installer=Battle.net-Setup.zip and threw `curl: (56) LibreSSL SSL_read: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, errno 54`)
http://dist.blizzard.com/downloads/bna-installers/322d5bb9ae0318de3d4cde7641c96425/retail.1/Battle.net-Setup-enUS.zip

Try the above Link for .zip File. (EN-US)

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

Link Copied from Caterpepi's Post here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20772017006

Per Caterpepi, "If there are any "Failed Network" errors using a different connection like a mobile hotspot connection or VPN usually helps in these situations."

TimeLord04
Hey, thanks! That link worked :D
(The actual link in the webpage is still failing for me)

[EDIT:]
It did download, but when I open it, it just fails saying "The application encountered an unexpected error." :(
But I just saw another question about the same problem, where they found an older version of the link that did work for me:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771547037#post-1
hello folks, i posted the following solution in another thread, i thought i'd repost it in this thread to increase the likelyhood somebody will find it in case it helps:

======

hey folks, i was experiencing the same issue -- the battle net app download was failing with "network error" after a handful of seconds

i found a simple solution that worked for me

in the downloads page url, i replaced the language code "en-us" with "en-gb", and the resulting download button pointed to a european server that worked instead of the broken american one

DOWNLOAD FAILED ON THIS LINK
https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop

DOWNLOAD SUCCEEDED ON THIS LINK
https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/apps/battle.net/desktop

of course, your situation could be reverse -- in a quick experiment, i found the blizzard website only supports "en-gb" and "en-us" language codes

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum