VPN ban

General Discussion
I logged into D2 with a vpn free trial active because I was doing other things and didn't think anything of it. Was just gonna refresh my characters so they don't expire. I've been restricted from BNet for like 4-5 days, can't remember. Anyone know how long these can last? Its pretty ridiculous. Pfffft Pssssh!
Their duration refreshes or extends every time you attempt to login.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/608cgj/til_vpns_are_no_longer_forbidden_in_blizzard_games/

If this is true, you should be able to at least get your account back if you contact the support. After that, I recommend making sure to turn off your VPN to play any online games, not only Blizzard's.
07/03/2019 04:50 PMPosted by DrSuperGood

Well, then how are you gonna know whether the ban's been lifted or not? Is there any options other than to to try logging in to find out whether you're considered legit again? As far as I know battlenet won't tell you the exact duration of the ban...
07/04/2019 02:23 AMPosted by DeckardPain
07/03/2019 04:50 PMPosted by DrSuperGood

Well, then how are you gonna know whether the ban's been lifted or not? Is there any options other than to to try logging in to find out whether you're considered legit again? As far as I know battlenet won't tell you the exact duration of the ban...

This. I'm also waiting out a VPN ban because I forgot to turn it off before logging in, but have no idea if it's a 24hr, 48hr, 7 days, or 14 day ban. It's pretty frustrating to say the least.
The ban is 14 days for VPN usage. That what support told me.
07/04/2019 03:35 PMPosted by BattleOoze
The ban is 14 days for VPN usage. That what support told me.

Maybe worth making a post that always sticks on top of the forum. So people can read those. Within the post, the point about "make sure you disconnect once you have done your work related tasks before opening Diablo 2" is highlighted in bright color so people can see it easily.

I used to frequently go to on-call roster in my previous job, which means sometimes it is a Saturday / Sunday (or even a weekday evening) and I a chilling out at home. Then I receive a call from my manager because one of our customer's have a critical system that is not working, and I need resolve the issue on the spot.

So I connect to either my office network or customer's networks to resolve that critical issue because they need to remain operational 24/7. Once the issue is resolved, I continue to do what I was doing previously (watch movies online, or do some shopping online or play a game or two, etc...) and a lot of the time I forget to disconnect.

I can't comment on others who are "experimenting VPN on their own" or like that, but for full time employees who sometimes need to connect to coroprate or customer's networks from home after hours, this can be a step that is easily forgotten.

It can be a hard habit to break, but it seems until Blizzard decides to take that into consideration (which they probably won't given it is a 20 year old game and they are unlikely to spend much effort int making tweaks), otherwise just need to really remind yourself to disconnect once you have completed your work related tasks after hours before double clicking on the D2 icon on your desktop.