ip ban restriction

General Discussion
i need help on a diablo 2 restriction for my ip i got ip restricted for 14 days thats way to long for logging in too fast on mules.. please help reduce this
How do you even know that your ip ban lasts 14 days?

However, I agree that this is way too long for a muling ban: Everybody uses mules. You cannot play the game without mules, especially in hardcore mode. Even though I hate bots and spammers, the old days were better, even with bots. Now there are no bots but no players either. At least not me, cuz I cannot play the game with tiny chest only, without resorting to 243 mules.
07/04/2019 02:15 AMPosted by DeckardPain
How do you even know that your ip ban lasts 14 days?

However, I agree that this is way too long for a muling ban: Everybody uses mules. You cannot play the game without mules, especially in hardcore mode. Even though I hate bots and spammers, the old days were better, even with bots. Now there are no bots but no players either. At least not me, cuz I cannot play the game with tiny chest only, without resorting to 243 mules.

Actually, there are still bots, but less real players!
I’ve experienced games crashing more than usual, I have gotten 1 realm down this ladder which lasted a couple hours or less. But the bulk of the issue seems to be the games completely crashing and getting a 15min fail to join error on those characters.
Until it becomes second nature I suggest using a post-it note to remind you to turn off your vpns. Use a paper one on the edge of your screen or a virtual one beside your D2 Short cut that boldly says VPN Ban!

As far a duration goes, I don't know if this is still valid.
05/30/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Greetings,

Players attempting to connect via VPN or cloud hosts like OVH, AWS, or GoogleCloud will encounter 6112 or realm down, because that key has been jailed for 24 hours. This is working as intended.

Cheers,
Classic Games
I got banned about the same amount for making games too fast, has happened multiple times quitting diablo2 AND all blizzard games altogether. Over the years blizzard literally makes me puke with how they treat their customers. Bots go free and legit you get banhammered. I would say play PathofDiablo but they have bots too xD !@#$ this game
07/04/2019 05:59 AMPosted by AtomicPunk
Until it becomes second nature I suggest using a post-it note to remind you to turn off your vpns. Use a paper one on the edge of your screen or a virtual one beside your D2 Short cut that boldly says VPN Ban!

I agree with that one.

My company implements "split tunneling" with VPN, so I am not impacted by this as my D2 connection will not go via my company's network even when I am on VPN.

But if my company changes policy or if I get a new job where IT policy indicates "split tunneling is disabled", then Atomic's suggestion would be exactly what I would do, because I frequently forget to disconnect after completing office related works after hours at home.
07/04/2019 02:16 AMPosted by DeckardPain
Actually, there are still bots, but less real players!

This is something that frustrates me a bit too.

There are a fair number of players in Normal difficulty. For the character I created after the reset, I stayed within normal difficulty until level 42. Both because I need to find some items before taking on NM and to gain some levels so I can put points into skills.

By the time I reach NM, I am ready.

There are hardly any players in NM. It seems everybody gets rushed in NM, but I don't feel like getting rushed, so I solo finished NM myself. I stayed in NM until level 75 before I completed Baal quest.

By the time I reach Hell difficulty, again it seems most people just want to be rushed. This time around I again solo finished Hell difficulty. It was a quite slow process for me because I used basic gears in Hell difficulty. I died a number of times due to careless mistakes or getting too reckless in some areas.

Once I completed Hell difficulty, I want to join some public games to do some MF. But problem is all public games in Hell are those Chaos / Baal run games. It is very hard to find games where other players actually play rather than doing baal run or the like. So for the first a few days, what I did was creating password protected games myself to do Andariel / Meph runs and a bit of WSK run on my own. Later on, I just decided to randomly pick those public Baal run / Chaos run games, not bother to accept their invitation and solo-kill in WSK while everybody else is in Chaos / Throne.

I mean, why trying to compete with picking up items with other players (and possibly compete loot against bots) when I can kill and pick up everything in my own leisure in a different area?