Welcome to Botters.net

General Discussion
I for one am just grateful they keep the servers going.. I bought this game in 1999.. played from patch 1.08 till now.. for free, only the cost of the game. Unprecedented by today's standards. Private games, or full games with friends, you don't even see bots.. and you certainty dont have to join their games for a sherpa.. stop the problem by not participating in it.
06/28/2019 11:43 AMPosted by Diaton
Blizzard has done nothing to stop the botters sick of it.

What do you mean nothing? They deployed anti-cheat in 2017 that prevented legit linux users from ever playing again.

Oh, you mean botters still there? Wow can't be!
07/14/2019 09:54 AMPosted by CHAN9E
I for one am just grateful they keep the servers going.. I bought this game in 1999.. played from patch 1.08 till now.. for free, only the cost of the game. Unprecedented by today's standards. Private games, or full games with friends, you don't even see bots.. and you certainty dont have to join their games for a sherpa.. stop the problem by not participating in it.

Its easy to run a server which virtually cost nothing, and is not taken care of

You may thank them for doing nothing useful for years long... Sure.
I think you're in the wrong place, this is Battle.net
07/11/2019 09:11 AMPosted by ConanTheBarb
That’s because current Blizzard had
no say in diablo1/2, it was Blizzard North who made it and they left some time after d2lod. Current blizzard didn’t understand why people loved d1/d2 so they made D3 with their vision... yeah nice one lol. That’s why they are trying to forget diablo but the suits want them to make d4 anyway for $$$$

They didn't leave, the studio was shut down by Blizzard while Blizzard North was working on Diablo 3.
06/29/2019 08:31 AMPosted by AtomicPunk
I suggest just focusing on enjoying the game and building your community. Blizzard will be turning all their attention on D2 LoD soon enough, and when they do we'll be holding the top spots on the ladder and we'll be on our new forum giggling our butts off listening to all the botters crying about their accounts and keys gone while threatening to sue. lol It will be a blast!

You been saying this for 4 years....

How long do you need to be fooled for to give up?
i think if blizz server shut down, more people will go to private servers that can do a better job of maintaining D2 gameplay tbh lol
idk but, there is also a nice 1.09 server which is running this older version which seems to be the better one (no OP 1.10 runewords, better item balance, no synergies => more skill builds and stat builds balance and diversity)

im still playing my sorc right now but i just play solo and self found cause server's been botted to death from the start, might be my last run on "blizzard" servers this is pretty screwed up overall
99% of you don't realize the entire coding and hooks and network traffic would have to be re-coded to fight BoTs in Diablo 2 so some of you can play nostalgia trip for a week or 2 and then quit for a game in Maintenance mode????????

Just Play in private game! SOLVED! trade within trade games only! Solved!
(( Nothing i can offer to mend your ego and feelings of how others that bot so easily will have a edge on your ' PRIVATE ' play which doesn't affect you ))

OMEGALULE
07/14/2019 10:32 AMPosted by shodan
What do you mean nothing? They deployed anti-cheat in 2017 that prevented legit linux users from ever playing again.

Battle.net still works perfectly on linux. You only need to install the right version of Wine. Wine-Staging usually does the job.
07/19/2019 12:48 PMPosted by BASEDGOD
99% of you don't realize the entire coding and hooks and network traffic would have to be re-coded to fight BoTs in Diablo 2 so some of you can play nostalgia trip for a week or 2 and then quit for a game in Maintenance mode????????

Just Play in private game! SOLVED! trade within trade games only! Solved!
(( Nothing i can offer to mend your ego and feelings of how others that bot so easily will have a edge on your ' PRIVATE ' play which doesn't affect you ))

OMEGALULE

nah nah cause you wanna be able to 1) view ladder charts if you're on 1.10 and 2) make public games and trust that who you play with isn't cheating and didn't cheat whether you coop with them, pvp or trade

and generally that anybody else that you play with didn't indirectly get stuff generated from cheats either

that's really important but perhaps you don't understand that ?????
nostalgia talk doesn't belong, doesn't really make a difference if the game just came out or 20years later tbh

also as we know dealing with bots is mostly a human hand thing rather than coding.....