[D2]: Need help on how to kill monsters faster in WSK

General Discussion
Hey all. I made a similar post last night but for some reasons the post just never appeared, so apologies if this may be double posting.

My SORC with crappy gear has completed Baal Quest all on her own (no party involved) and now she can do WSK fairly consistently, only she doesn't kill as far as I would like her to.

I tried to time a WSK run with a stop watch (level 2, 3 and Throne only up to Lister the Tormentor), no level 1 yet. In the end, the process took about 17-18 minutes. To me that is a bit unsatisfactory. So If someone can help me to point out what I can do to decrease the time needed for each run, that'd be great.

She is a Orb/Meteor SORC, although she hardly ever uses Meteor...

Her stats: 910HP, 470ish Mana, close to 60 resistance (50 something, ,almost 60) to all but Lightening resistance is 75. She has approx~ 50 MF (comes fromm amulate and a ring and gloves). If there are 5-7 souls shooting lightening at her, she can shrug off 2-3 volleys of lightening before needing to heal, so souls doesn't scare her any more. Her defence (when Frozen armour and Defiance aura are both activated) is about 2500ish.

When killing things in WSK, if monsters are not fire immune, she pretty much just do a teleport to "collect" her merc and start spamming fireball (usually the Merc runs off somewhere, and the SORC isn't brave enough to just spam fireball in Monster's face yet. So she does a teleport to collect her merc first). Fireball can stun lock the monsters and kill them quite easily. If monsters are fire immune, then she would kite the monsters to so the monsters attack the merc, and she would position herself a suitable distance behind her merc so her Frozen Orb would "explode" just slightly in front of her merc to ensure maximum number of ice bolts hit the monsters during the "explosion".

Her Ice and Fire skills are currently on level 25 (+2 from spirit weapon, +2 from spirt shield, +1 from Lore), so damange is somewhat OK, but nowhere near top tier. I am trying to find something that can replace Lore. Because Lore gives +30 to Lightening Resist. I actually tried to take Lore off and her Lightening resist still remains at 75% in Hell difficulty. This means there is a massive amount of Lightening Resist she doesn't need, so I can replace Lore with something that gives more +skills... only I haven't found any yet.

So far over the weekend, I had a LEM rune drop from Pindleskin and a UM rune dropping from killing Shenk, but no runes higher than AMN dropped in WSK. I had a few odd exceptional uniques dropped from WSK, but again so far nothing spectecular.

So yea, if anybody can provide some suggestions on what can be done in order to further reduce the amount of time needed to clear out WSK, that'd be really appreciated.
Also, things like Shako, +skill GC are things I currently do not have yet.

I am hoping to be able to find a few of those, but so far haven't had any luck. I had a few blue Shakos dropping in WSK over the weekend, but no unique Shako yet.
You need better +skill gear.

I'd recommend full Tal Rashas set socketed with 3x fire facets with at least -5 to enemy resists. (-30% enemy fire resist total with the 15% from Tals Lidless Eye) +5% fire damage would be nice too, but it's not nearly as important as the reduction to enemy resists.

Also a sorc torch + anni if you can get them, and as many +fire skills charms you can get/fit in your inventory.

Meteor is useful for bosses, cows and super uniques that always spawn in the same location. If you spam Meteor on Diablos spawn point, by the time he spawns he'll get hit by two or three of them and also take the damage from the flames on the ground. When he spawns, quickly switch to static, zap in two times, then switch back to meteor + 3x fireball, repeat. Doing this, a high +skill sorc with Tals socketed with fire facets can down Diablo in about 1-2 seconds solo.
06/30/2019 05:25 PMPosted by TheDarkJedi
Tal Rashas set

That seems to require more or less an IST or higher at the moment. I see a few of those "ist for Tal set" or "Mal for Tal ammy" games created...

So seems that will remain out of my reach for a while.

My best rune so far is an UM from a Shenk Drop.

My hell forge dropped a SOL in hell difficulty and even crappier in NM difficulty....
Bad luck on your forges. :(

Just keep after the easy lvl 85 areas: The Pits and The Ancient Tunnels. Don't skip the trash mobs either, they can drop some nice socket items or whites that can be socketed with the cube. Some of the sockets can be worth a lot.

Hit up Andariel and Mephisto if you don't have much trouble with them. Yes, both Catacombs 2/3 and Durance 2 can be a pain to navigate sometimes, but it's worth the trouble.
06/30/2019 05:52 PMPosted by TheDarkJedi
Bad luck on your forges. :(

Just keep after the easy lvl 85 areas: The Pits and The Ancient Tunnels. Don't skip the trash mobs either, they can drop some nice socket items or whites that can be socketed with the cube. Some of the sockets can be worth a lot.

Hit up Andariel and Mephisto if you don't have much trouble with them. Yes, both Catacombs 2/3 and Durance 2 can be a pain to navigate sometimes, but it's worth the trouble.

Yes, I do kill everything in Pits / Ancient tunnels, not just the unique/champions.

I am trying to balance the time taken for a full run vs how many runs I can do in 1 hour (or maybe 2) since that's how much I get to play every day.

At this rate, I can do about 3 or maybe 4 WSK runs... if I add in Andariel / pits / ancient tunnels / Meph. Seems I get to run 2 times before having to call it a night.

So based on your experience, is it better to do a or b below:

a) 2 full runs: Pits, Andariel, Ancient tunnels, Meph, Pindle, Shenk + Eldrick, WSK

or

b) 3-4 runs of WSK
Use that Um and trade for an Occy.
I think we are in different realm.

In on US West this time. Softcore too.

Also I am in office at the moment so I can't play while in Office. (11:10AM my time zone).

As for the UM, I was debating if I should trade it for Shako instead or socket it...

As for Occy, just a bit unsure about the random teleport, because I do tend to get hit a lot (run into a new area and some monster in a dark corner just hit me). So I have been kind going "yah/nay" regarding to using occy...
ahh shucks.
Yeah the Occy tends to be a love/hate item because of the random teleport. It doesn't bother me most of of the time, I just try and go with the flow. Most of the time when I get hit I'm spamming fireball anyway, so if I do happen to teleport into a mob, they usually get annihilated.

I typically Ist the Occy and Um the Shako, but I also usually run Wealth armor at the start until I can get ahold of Tals armor.
06/30/2019 06:22 PMPosted by TheDarkJedi
Wealth armor

I thought about that, but that'd take my resistance into less than 10 (other than lightening, which will probably still be very high, but no longer at 75% max). This will probably make WSK a bit too dangerous for me to run.

If someone is happy to trade occy + shako for UM + Pul, then I'd probably do it...

That's 2 more skill level increase, together with some OK resists, over 100 MF and massive life and mana increase. All of which I could use.

I also personally prefer skullders instead of Wealth though... gives more MF towards high level and has +1 skills too.
get a shako for your um, and on switch a lower resist staff from malah.

Mmmhh.... Im also curious about you saying an ist is far away from you...why?

You do runs since a while and an ist is....lets say not that much.

Some examples from last week:
a 3sox mp dropped without ed -> traded it for a mal rune.
ko+ko+fal for pul
gambling -> some random sorc 2 sk adds circle (comes quite often and nice to wear for start)
15 pg's -> um rune
angelic ring+amu -> pul
shopped 2 x 3bo spears and traded for um

and the list goes on, no nice items or expensive stuff, just stuff that drops frequently if u take a good look on the ground. Even to say i give a f*** and set me the goal to cube 40 pgs and trade for ist rune. Finally you got your full Tal Set and rock WSK ;)

Its really easy to get the middle stuff if you use all your resources wisely ;)
07/09/2019 12:34 PMPosted by Luzifer90
You do runs since a while and an ist is....lets say not that much.

OK, I am going to ask a few potentially silly question, as I am having trouble figuring out half of the jargons you are using:

a 3sox mp dropped without ed -> traded it for a mal rune.

what is sox? what is mp?

gambling -> some random sorc 2 sk adds circle

I have been gambling, but only get +2 on specific branches of skills rather than +2 sorc skills

40 pgs and trade for ist rune

I was not aware of 40 pgems are worth ist. When I click on "join" the game list are full of baal run games.. occassionally I see a trading game coming up, but they are usually something like tal armour for HR or something like that.

and the list goes on, no nice items or expensive stuff,

Again, having been absent from the game for so long, a lot of those "price guides“ are no longer familiar to me.

It is only when I spot some of the trading games from the game lists that I get half an idea price tag for a few very specific items...

I traded one PUL for an Occy the other day, because I saw a game created specifically titled "iccy for PUL". Yesterday I saw another game titled "occy for UM"... so sometimes there are a bit of discrepancies.

While you are here, I have 2 x eth 4 open sockets body armours (kraken shell at 987 defence and scurub husk at 1040 something defence), what are those worth? I would imagine they can be made into Fortitude for merc with some very high level defence ratings...
07/09/2019 03:55 PMPosted by BFG9000
what are those worth?
The 987 is probably not worth much, the 1040 is worth maybe Pul or Um if you're lucky. (going on US-East estimates)

Ebug 4 socket armors start becoming worth more if they are 1100D or higher. (734D or higher pre-bug, Diamond Mail or higher) The rarest and grand champ is of course a 1350D ebug sacred armor (900 prebug) which could probably go for a few HRs or more.
ahhh OK, so essentially both are kind of worthless.

I have been hanging onto both for the past a few days.

I guess I will just look for people who may want them to ask for something "mid-level".

I have been trying to get a shako using my UM, but seems most people will want MAL or more for that.... for those a few trading games I joined anyway...