D2/LOD USWest server killing active games.

General Discussion
D2/LOD USWest server killing games being played with "Your Connection Has Been Interrupted" (YCHBI). It then deletes the active game from the game server. Happens at all difficulties and in any area, no warning. I just played for 2 hours in the same game--and it happened again.

When the notice comes up, when I try to join the game with a different char, the server says there is no such game.

This happens to a lot more people than is realized. To me, it happens every 1-4 days. Thus, I am reporting EVERY incident shortly after it happens.
It’s the dupers and anni sellers, they use the rollback to know unid Annis stats before selling or to duplicate items en masse.

They spam firewalls and !@#$ with their 8 bots to crash a game, which crash the server and terminate all games that server
07/29/2019 09:30 AMPosted by ConanTheBarb
It’s the dupers and anni sellers, they use the rollback to know unid Annis stats before selling or to duplicate items en masse.

They spam firewalls and !@#$ with their 8 bots to crash a game, which crash the server and terminate all games that server

And how exactly do you know this?
07/29/2019 02:36 PMPosted by Palina
And how exactly do you know this?

I've seen articles where a team of people will use certain skills repeatedly in a game to cause the server to crash. Everyone that is in a game on that IP will be desynced from battle.net and most characters connected at the time of the crash will roll back to their status prior to the game.

The hackers do this to "re-unidentify" items like torches and annis with crap stats so they can sell them for more as unidentified. I wouldn't be surprised if it's also part a way to duplicate items.
07/29/2019 05:02 PMPosted by TheDarkJedi
Everyone that is in a game on that IP will be desynced from battle.net and most characters connected at the time of the crash will roll back to their status prior to the game.

I wonder if all my characters within the same account are considered to be on the same IP?

eg: I have a rune on my sorc and I need to transfer it to my barb.

I create a game with sorc, drop the rune, and then log in as my barb to pick up the rune.

So can this cause me to lose the rune? ie: sorc character is "Saved" after dropping the rune and Barb is rolled back, result in the rune disappearing for both characters?
07/29/2019 06:40 PMPosted by BFG9000
I wonder if all my characters within the same account are considered to be on the same IP?
No. The server IP you're connected to changes from game to game. This is why when one of your chars experiences the "Your connection has been interrupted" desync and you get stuck for 15-20 minutes not being able to create or join games with the affected character, you can switch to a different character on the same account and join/create games without problems. You just won't be able to join the game you were dropped out of because the game doesn't exist due to the server crashing.

So can this cause me to lose the rune? ie: sorc character is "Saved" after dropping the rune and Barb is rolled back, result in the rune disappearing for both characters?
It's possible. Dropping items on the ground to mule is always risky, be it a server crash, power outage, internet outage etc.

the server roll back method is real but only takes 2 clients not 8

it has nothing to do with spamming or firewalls your really pulling this out of your !@#. the exact method is safe and working.

t’s the dupers and anni sellers, they use the rollback to know unid Annis stats before selling or to duplicate items en masse.

what your talking about - it EXISTS [u][/u]

well just not anymore XD

redvex plugin "unidit" was patched in 1.11

now item stats are kept serverside and not sent to client in gamble menu / unid items in any storage. But yes you would get stats and if it was trash you could crash game and it would be unid again and just sell that item for unid price while keeping high mid roll unids for yourself and increase profits. The automated plugin is patched but the rollback (a different one) still exists and can do the same thing as unidit. unidit required 1 client while the current rollback requires 2 at minimum.

wonder if all my characters within the same account are considered to be on the same IP?

yes they are on the same ip

if they join different games they are on different server ips

this is no way to create a dupe that is why the server saves the state of the chars and cannot enter the same game with the same character anymore this is long patched

a real life example is 2 people logging into a bank account from an atm

both remove money from the bank account at the same time

what is the result?

if 20 usd is pulled at the same time from the account do they now have 40?

no

only one instance can connect and only 1 transfer can be authenticated at one time. the result is 20

first you should xfer with sandboxie - its legal

if you have 1 rune / xfer it / grab on barb you still have 1 rune
now if you get a rollback then it will rollback to a state a few minutes ago ( i cant say how long on average as thats a trade secrete) but odds are you will have the same rune if xfer happened before that rollback window.

You just won't be able to join the game you were dropped out of because the game doesn't exist due to the server crashing.

thats not a bug its a feature
its made to keep you from making too many games and the server is fine

for once we have a working server rollback and its EXTREMELY useful
get sojs pskulls rare ilvl 99 rare boots OMG
cube drop trash cube drop trash then crash game

i now have full set of craft materials again

it took 1500 tries

please enjoy:

http://i65.tinypic.com/iz3l7p.jpg

for now im making 30/10 tri res boots for uswest ladder sc
so far its working....

the server roll back method is real but only takes 2 clients not 8

it has nothing to do with spamming or firewalls your really pulling this out of your !@#. the exact method is safe and working.

t’s the dupers and anni sellers, they use the rollback to know unid Annis stats before selling or to duplicate items en masse.

what your talking about - it EXISTS [u][/u]

well just not anymore XD

redvex plugin "unidit" was patched in 1.11

now item stats are kept serverside and not sent to client in gamble menu / unid items in any storage. But yes you would get stats and if it was trash you could crash game and it would be unid again and just sell that item for unid price while keeping high mid roll unids for yourself and increase profits. The automated plugin is patched but the rollback (a different one) still exists and can do the same thing as unidit. unidit required 1 client while the current rollback requires 2 at minimum.

wonder if all my characters within the same account are considered to be on the same IP?

yes they are on the same ip

if they join different games they are on different server ips

this is no way to create a dupe that is why the server saves the state of the chars and cannot enter the same game with the same character anymore this is long patched

a real life example is 2 people logging into a bank account from an atm

both remove money from the bank account at the same time

what is the result?

if 20 usd is pulled at the same time from the account do they now have 40?

no

only one instance can connect and only 1 transfer can be authenticated at one time. the result is 20

first you should xfer with sandboxie - its legal

if you have 1 rune / xfer it / grab on barb you still have 1 rune
now if you get a rollback then it will rollback to a state a few minutes ago ( i cant say how long on average as thats a trade secrete) but odds are you will have the same rune if xfer happened before that rollback window.

You just won't be able to join the game you were dropped out of because the game doesn't exist due to the server crashing.

thats not a bug its a feature
its made to keep you from making too many games and the server is fine

for once we have a working server rollback and its EXTREMELY useful
get sojs pskulls rare ilvl 99 rare boots OMG
cube drop trash cube drop trash then crash game

i now have full set of craft materials again

it took 1500 tries

please enjoy:

http://i65.tinypic.com/iz3l7p.jpg

for now im making 30/10 tri res boots for uswest ladder sc
so far its working....

Haha so It was you crashing all those server, guess atomicpunk was right