Console Bug Report

Sep 10, 2013 How to Write a Good Bug Report Greetings Heroes, Welcome to the Diablo III Console Bug Report Forums! I am very much looking forward to working with all of you to get any bugs that you may find during your travels through Sanctuary reported to our development team. To get started on this forum, please read through this guide as it explains some Do's and Don't's for bug testing and reporting. Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum. My team and I read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, I will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. I will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are post. If you have a duplicate thread, I will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid completely off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Again, don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback about the game. Bug Writing Ok, you found a bug, congratulations! But now what? This guide will explain how to accurately write a bug report. When posting a bug, please clearly state which platform you own (PS3/Xbox 360) and begin with a one or two sentence Summary that attempts to accurately describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. I understand that the size of the Summary has to be short, but please do your best. Good summary: The tooltip for the Barbarian's Bash skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with smash After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. Where you in multiplayer? Could you reproduce the issue? Specifics are preferred as we need to know as much as possible about the issue. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a must faster turn around time reproducing the issue and reporting it to the Diablo III designers. Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Photobucket (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, please provide a link to the video as well. Types of Bugs Below are some different types of bugs you may encounter in Diablo III. I also have included the specific information I would like for each bug reported of this type. Combat bugs - These are pretty simple. If there is a broken skill in the game, include the name of the skill and the class that uses the skill. Example: The Barbarian's skill Bash does not knock enemies away. Quest bugs - These can be complicated. For quest issues, we request that you include two things: 1. Please include the name of the quest and quest step that you were on when you encountered the bug. The name of the quest is the name that displays at the top of your quest log, while the quest step is the specific instructions for you to complete in the quest. 2. Please specify weather this occurred in multiplayer or solo play. Example: During the quest "The Fire From The Sky : Slay a Wretched Mother", you cannot kill the Wretched Mother in multiplayer. Environment bugs - Finally, Environment bugs round out the specific types of bugs I need more information about. For Environment bugs, please describe the issue you found and tell me what level area it is located in. The level area is simply the name of the sub-zone you are in and can be found above the minimap. Every location in the game has a level area, and it helps to know this before I start looking. Screenshots are perfect for Environment bugs as well. They will accurately display the issue you are seeing. Uploading a screenshot to an online photo site like Imgur and linking it back to your thread would help me a lot as well. Example - In New Tristram, one of the houses is bright pink. Again, welcome to Diablo III!!! Following these guidelines will allow all of us to work together as efficiently as possible. Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!Tsarnis0 Sep 10, 2013
Oct 23 Battle.net Account Link Issues Greetings everyone, UPDATE 9/30 - The fix for this issue went in this morning, and from the reports I've seen so far it appears that we're back on track. We'll continue to keep our eyes on this, and encourage you to let us know here if you continue to run into any issues with linking your Sony Entertainment Network and/or Xbox LIVE accounts to your Battle.net account. Thanks all, may the Treasure Goblins treat you kindly! ---------- We’re aware that some players are receiving an error when attempting to link their PlayStation Network or Xbox Live accounts with Battle.net. We’re currently investigating these reports and will be sure to update this post as soon as more information becomes available. To those who are affected by this issue, we apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience in the meantime. For more information on how to link your console accounts with Battle.net, visit: https://us.battle.net/account/management/links.htmlAraxom126 Oct 23
Jan 12, 2016 Diablo III: UEE - Known Issues List - Updated 1/12/16 Hello everyone, and welcome to Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition on console! Below you will find are some of the most visible and commonly-reported Known Issues for Diablo III on Consoles. We ask that you please do not report any bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them. We would also appreciate you advising other players to consult this list before reporting an issue. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active on every platform. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and (in most cases) an expected fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition!!! Items Enemies affected by Black Hole with the Event Horizon rune while the wizard has the Boyarsky’s Chip gem equipped may become stuck at 1hp and become unable to be killed The Lianna’s Wings item model is incorrectly clipping into the player model while sheathed on the player’s back Set Dungeons Set Dungeon failed messages will spam players continually after failing the “Maintain Sweeping Wind” objective in the Dungeon of the Monkey King’s Garb Important: Please note that the issues listed in this post represent issues that are verified as active issues in the latest version of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for Xbox One (Patch 2.4.0.35039) and Playstation 4 (Patch 2.4.0.35038). Known issues from older content updates have have been added below as replies for reference.Tsarnis5 Jan 12, 2016
Aug 19, 2014 Problems with PS4 bonus item? Click here! Hi Everyone, We've recieved a few reports that Playstation 4 players were having issues collecting their Infernal Pauldrons. This appears to be related to a license not properly being applied to some players' PSN accounts after entering the item code. Luckily, we have identified a workaround that should help most of you get past this issue: 1. Navigate to the Settings option on the PS4 Dynamic Menu 2. Select "PSN" 3. Select "Restore Licenses" 4. Re-launch Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and you should find your preorder item in your inventory Additionally, please ensure that your console is connected to the internet, as downloading the available patch over PSN is required to collect the item.Tsarnis0 Aug 19, 2014
10h ingame crash when doing coop Hi I've been having alot of issues with D3 on the switch and cant really seem to find any solutions on the forums. 1. Game randomly crashes when doing 2 player coop. doesnt seem to crash when playing solo. have tried playing several hours solo and nothing happens. player/profile 2 joins the game and the game crashes within 30 minutes. 2. Legendary items frequently disappears from stash and can only be seen when identifying from the book or doing a log-out/in. 3. Why do i have to set the network settings to local before player 2 can enter the game? when trying the system wants player 2 to log on nintendo network for that profile. extremely annoying. this problem was not present before i signed up for nintendo network for the profile of player/profile 1. I have version 6.2.0 on the switch, physical game card, done the integrity check of the files, tried factory reset and nothing works. the problem started a few weeks ago and makes the game unplayable because we use the switch for coop gaming only. i was hoping that the update in january would solve problem nr 1 but it is still unplayable. any tips? even a comment from Mod that the problem is being solved would ease my mind.aelx0 10h
11h No anniversary portal at the old ruins No anniversary portal at the old ruins. Or did they change the location from the pc version?Deadwish4 11h
1d Wirt's Leg bug (switch) 2019 Hello! I am on the switch version of the game and when I salvage wirt's leg I don't get the map. Is this intentional? The item recipie is a blue, is this happening to anyone elese? I'm trying to get the cow pet.CYPHERSLICER1 1d
1d WRIT'S LEG BUG - Darkening of Tristram Event The leg is not crafting as a legendary and is not salvaging into the Map of the Stars. This wouldn't be a problem since the clue is readily available outside of the item, but the item needs to be in ones inventory for it to work so without it one cannot get the Royal Calf pet. Please fix it. Also from what I found this happened last year as well so the fix should already be available.LilDagnamet2 1d
1d Reign of terror trophy not acquiring 4 times I have killed Diablo on hardcore... 4 times!!! I went throigh with my girlfriend and she got the trophy with no issue. This is nearly the last trophy for me to get before I platinum the game.. WHERE IS MY TROPHY?!?!?!ElMuerte1 1d
2d PS4 multiplayer issues Since the new update on 1/16/19 Ver. 1.28 during online play my connection now severely lags when it has never done so before. I have reset my router, verified my connection, and restarted on both ends the PS4. Also since the update during online multiplayer the can no longer hear me when I am using my mic. Looking for a quick resolve!Chaos9110 2d
2d Diablo III server unavailable at this time. Please try again later. PS4 I've reinstalled, no luck. I've renewed PS plus even though I was set until February auto renewal. No luck. Can't think of what is going on. I can play local and LAN only. Friends show online. When I try to join, I get Joining box and then nothing. End up closing the application. Please help. Psn: hoboadam Thank you.Sykes0 2d
2d Switch - Incorrect Amiibo Cooldown Game Version 2.6.4.55496 My Amiibo cooldown for both the Loot Goblin and any other Amiibo is currently over 700 hours instead of the typical 20 some. Best I can tell my system date was incorrect and it used this instead of the server date on my save file when I was offline. I tested out that other profiles can utilize Amiibo properly, and if I delete my save data I can once again as well. But, I don't want to lose my save data, so how can I fix this?rhpot19912 2d
2d Switch - Ring of Royal Grandeur Extraction In the Nintendo Switch Version, I've already extracted the legendary power of the Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Kanai Cube but it still keeps showing up in the list of legendary items I can still extract power from. It will say I've already extracted the power if I try it again so nothing major breaks so it's just a minor irritant that all my stashed Rings of Royal Grandeur pollute the listing when viewing that recipe. Please fix. Thanks.Xyngynkynyn2 2d
2d BUG WITH NECROMANCER CURSES (SWITCH VERSION) I picked up D3 for the switch today (had it in ps4 before this). I'm playing a necromancer and it seems like every so often, my curses just stop affecting things - no icon appears above the heads of enemies and if I'm using frailty (for example) they aren't dying at 15% health. If I quit the game and go back in, they start working again. Then about 3-5 minutes later the same thing reoccurs. Happens in both story and adventure mode. A bit of an irritating one as one of my skill slots essentially becomes useless unless I quit and then re enter the game every 5 minutes I did manage to capture a video on my switch, no idea how to share it - but if it will help I'll find out and share it. I also haven't tested this out on the ps4 version yet - I've been solidly playing the switch version.theSteesh143 2d
3d Didn’t get season rewards Wasn’t able to claim season rewards for some odd reason, I had just started playing before the season ended and managed to clear it to secure all of the armor set so I could unlock it on my demon hunter but I was unable to collect it. So I am new to the game and thought it was an end of season thing and so I waited a day or so for it to end but when it did I was unable to get those rewards at all. I really wanted the armor set and rewards but I didn’t, I got the pet and portrait but that was it... I know my father said he played in the pc and they mailed it to his pc during the seasons he played but I never got anything in the mail nor could I claim anything from the menus since I am playing in the Xbox and wanted to know if I could get the items by reporting this bug. I can send a video of my character and items and stash and log in and out so you know I didn’t drop them in the game and try to get more for free. Whatever you’d need.Rylance4 3d
3d Season 15 - Didn't Receive Haedrig's Gifts I played Diablo 3 on PS4 and Switch this season. This was the first time I ever did the season challenges. I completed the season chapters 1-4 as Barbarian on Switch and as a Crusader on the PS4 but never received anything about Haedrig's Gift. I didn't see instructions anywhere for how to receive them and just assumed it was going to be mailed at the end of the season. That came and went and still nothing. Now Season 16 is about to start and still nothing so I came on the forum. It seems like with their server record log they should be able to assist with this. Blizzard? Any blues out there?Thraine1 3d
3d Season 15 Objectives no loot Hi Admin, This is for Nintendo Switch. I’m not getting any objective loots after finishing Chapters 1 to 4. Already rebooted my Switch, closed the game entirely but still no loot. It’s only showing that chapters 1-4 is finished.Grumash4 3d
3d Issues with Necromancer Pack on PS4 I purchased the Necromancer pack previously on my PS4, but after reinstalling Diablo 3, I don't have the wings or the pennant.Belvalkris0 3d
3d Constant Overlapping Music (Switch) Multiple different music tracks play simultaneously on top of one another when playing handheld mode after powering on the Switch directly into Diablo III from standby. Can't track down exactly how to reproduce, but it maybe related to plugging headphones in and removing them.singlespace2 3d
4d Switch Belial Bug Has anyone else noticed that on Torment 10+ it seems like Belial will kill you without even actually hitting you ? Teaming up I have been able to down, but every time I try to solo on Torment 10+, I will get killed seemingly by the air, and then when he does the spray, there have been multiple times I have avoided it and I died...Radaghast0 4d
4d Switch, cant join friends. cant join my friend groups. send help pls. see him and everything, but cant join. also we have both nintendo swtich online.Debbie3 4d
4d Enemies weirdly too hard On Nintendo Switch, Enemies have weirdly too much HP. I have a lvl 30 barb, with top gems in addition to paragon points. Yet the enemies still take multiple hits. Its as if the enemies are higher lvl than they should be. Even without the gems and paragon points, it still feels harder than it should be given his stats and gear. It seems that no matter what I do, the enemies remain just as tough. This is on normal difficulty.DaemonChi13 4d
4d Switch Online Multiplayer not working Joining games and inviting people to my game consistently does not work. I will get an error message stating "there was a problem joining the game." I am also stuck in "local only" mode. This is with 4 different friends, and we've tried it on the same fiber wifi that is getting 900mbps download speed and 300 mbps upload. Restarting the console does not work, it just sometimes works or doesn't. Looking forward to a patch soon, I convinced like 6 people to buy this game and now it isn't workingBananakin6665 4d
5d All my stashed gear is gone - nintendo switch Never mind However Edit; both Signet rings cannot be salvagedhenry1 5d
Jan 12 Leoric's Passage I keep having monsters spawn in an area of Leoric's Passage that they shouldn't. I've only encountered this in Adventure Mode. The monsters spawn in the room on the other side of the chasm, where Cain stands during the story. Sometimes they are hiding in the room, but the last time they were floating in mid-air. They are not easily targeted either. Derp. This is on the PS4, btw. Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntxv0l3r7rzs7dj/Leoric%27s%20Passage.jpg?dl=0OSUDragonMT6 Jan 12
Jan 12 Corpse Lance Problem PS4 Cant confirm for xbox one. But i get a bug. When i die and come back in a rift or greater rift at least, Corpse lance wont work with corpses on the ground or land of the dead active. Sometimes i have to press another attack and it will work. Sometimes i have to quit out the game. Really sucks as it can ruin a rift or take minutes off of my time.AydenTheKila1 Jan 12
Jan 12 Magical Wirt's leg on switch I read that you all have did a hotfix for Wirt's leg being Magical. I just did the chain on my switch version, and it still gave me a magical wirt's leg, instead of legendary.Coolcat29999 Jan 12
Jan 11 Champion of the Townfolk kills not counting Before you ask, yes, I have looked through all the forums, and I could not find a solution. I have been running the Darkening of Tristram Labyrinth repeatedly for the past week on my PS4, and the Champion of the Townsfolk achievement stopped counting my rare kills about halfway through my first run last week, and never resumed. There are rares that I know I have killed multiple times, that still show unchecked. I have no mods on my game, and it is updated. I have tried doing rifts and bounties in between doing the Labyrinth. I have tried waiting for the game to make a save, logging in and out, closing the game, waiting (I have been waiting over a week), and nothing. I tried playing with others, and solo. I tried raising and lowering the difficulty. Still no credit. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help.Mistsong2 Jan 11
Jan 10 [Switch] Keywarden icons don't appear on maps I've been noticing in Adventure Mode that the Keywarden icons aren't appearing on the waypoint maps, even though I'm on the correct difficulty (currently T5). I tend to have the same game running for awhile when playing stuff on my system, going in and out of sleep mode a lot. I've seen the keywarden icons appear exactly once. Here's two screenshots showing the keywarden is actually around, but not appearing on the map. https://i.imgtc.com/80tSBLw.png https://i.imgtc.com/zbNumvq.pngThunderbird11 Jan 10
Jan 10 Switch bug: Paragon lvl lost my Crusader lost all paragon level after season ended (was 1065 para lvl) all paragon stats stay the same, just the level reset back to 0. It shows I have negative paragon points. Also, all gold and bounties are lost as well. I worked hard for all those bounties . It’s no big deal with the paragon level but is there a way to get back the bounty rewards?Amiradt4 Jan 10
Jan 8 Switch TP Darkening of Tristram Not a big deal. Just pointing it out. Nintendo switch town portal blue cast bar is sketchy when casting a town portal. The blue bar follows the normal cast time, then would glitch ahead, go back to resume normal countdown. It would repeat through the entire cast segments. Only in darkening of Tristram event areas. :)unABL31 Jan 8
Jan 8 NINTENDO SWITCH DIABLO 3 BUG?? I have played Diablo 3 on the PC but recently got the Switch for Xmas with the whole D3 package. Upon completing the game I unlocked Adventure mode (as you do) and I completed all 5 Acts and bounties in each. The issue I am having is that the ! from Tyrael will not go away. No matter what I do, but when I talk to him, the map opens and it freezes. Does anyone know what this is all about or if Nintendo / Blizzard is going to fix this for the next season? Thanks in advance for your responses.GeoRockStar0 Jan 8
Jan 7 XBOX 360 - Signet Ring of the Blizzard bug I recently bought "D3 Ripper of Soul" (ultimate evil edition) for XBOX 360 and linked my account to get this ring. It was not in my inventory, stash, or mail. I un-linked my account and re-linked it like some people suggested and reset my game again but still no good. has anyone solved the problem?Francies3 Jan 7
Jan 7 Can't invite friend on Swtich. Can't invite friend on Swtich. I can not invite a friend who is playing in the Japanese version. Friends are not displayed in the friend list, despite online. It is displayed in the ranking of the season. why?新ソックス0 Jan 7
Jan 7 Stash items disappeared I just was booted out of my game on the Nintendo switch, and when I went back into the game, all my items in the stash disappeared. I'd really like to know what happened and how and if I can get them backMelory5 Jan 7
Jan 7 Switch friend not showing up in friend list Switch friend is not in the list of online Diablo friends and I am unable to join his game or invite him into my game. We both have seasonal characters. We both have Paid Subscription. We are connected to the servers and are able to do Quick Match with random people. We are able to see each other online on Switch. However, we cannot join or invite each other because he does not appear in my list of Diablo friends. We have tried changing our Network setting etc but nothing seems to work.dragonslayer0 Jan 7
Jan 6 Anniversary extrême mode bug Nintendo switch Hello, I killed the Dark Lord in hardcore mode with my barbarian last night. The video of end of diablo 1 is then launched, nostalgic ... I look at it And there ... surprise she cuts right in the middle and I find myself on the home screen With my character dead ... Yet if diablo is dead ... who killed me? And why during a cinematic ... Give me back my Barbarian plz...GRUNTGOR2 Jan 6
Jan 6 (Switch Bug): Wrong Boss The craziest thing happened this morning. Our group had just finished running a round of bounties and were going for the bosses the other folks needed to finish Chapters 1-4 of the season journey. We got to Belial but kept getting transfered to the Crypt of the Skeleton King. I exited and then created a new game. It didn't happen in the new game, but there is some bug that allowed that to happen.jacuff0 Jan 6
Jan 6 Fix my Diablo 3 crashing issue on Switch. Fully shut down your Switch by using the Power button. Using the Power Option not the Sleep mode. Turn Off from that option. Hold Power with the - and + buttons. Let go the buttons after the option's menu pop up. Hit the Update System. It will check for the corrupted update BIOS. If there a corrupted BIOS update then it will re-download it to replace it. I don't know why Blizzard never told anyone this.Dunard0 Jan 6
Jan 5 Can't pick up Horadric Cache Tyrael has just dropped my first horadric cache on the floor right in from of him. I can't pick it up, whenever I get in range of the cache I can only hit X to talk to Tyrael. Lol.SteveShaw8311 Jan 5
Jan 5 NINTENDO SWITCH STASH UPGRADE BUG When playing with two players on a local Switch the stash upgrade is mixed between both players. When player 2 upgrades their stash capacity with the thumb button a confirmation dialog appears, but that confirmation dialog is linked to player 1's controller.elemental0 Jan 5
Jan 5 Wirt's Leg (Switch) Bugged As in previous years on PC, it seems that Wirt's Leg is showing up as a magic item and not a legendary item, preventing us on the switch from salvaging it to get the map of the stars, barring us from the pet. Think we can get that fixed... Again?Hiragawa5 Jan 5
Jan 4 wings will not bind to account! I have 4 sets of wings that I would like to bind to my account but am unable. (ps4) When I go through the process, they remain non binded and still say learnabledeserack0 Jan 4
Jan 4 Belial floor phase bug [Switch] I am currently playing through the acts of D3 on my barbarian and I noticed when playing on master once Belial hits around 75% he would start the floor mine phase but it would do this repeatedly, and the floor would be absolutely covered, so that it is impossible to get out of the green swirls as the whole floor is green. I lowered difficulty and then the same thing happened around 10%. The phase just keeps repeating and each repetition the floor gets more impossible to be on. The other phases such as the smashing and the NPC spawns do not occur once this begins.Bluffroom0 Jan 4
Jan 4 Multiple nephalem glory bugs on switch Platform: Switch Bug 1: Nephalem glory globes are created and then instantly disappear when they land. Good luck finding them unless you have a very large pickup radius and don't mind sparing a few seconds to look around. Bug 2: Nephalem glory globes aren't being shared between party members even when standing right beside them. I am not sure what the range is suppose to be, but when I am within 10 yards and not getting them when my party members pick them up, that has to be a bug. Bug 3: The kill streak gets bugged and never resets thereby stopping you from getting new nephalem globes after 200. Bug 4: Certain skills like wizard's tornadoes and barb's pet's, bug the kill streak to where any hit on anything on screen, even a crate, will not let the kill streak reset. The only option becomes kill every last creature on screen and wait till it gets unbugged. Repeatable: Yes, I see these every single day of playing.Thorgrimn3 Jan 4
Jan 4 Gold going into Negatives (Xbox one) I recently sold a item on xbox in diablo 3 ros which put my gold into negatives which now I can't buy anything with gold cause it thinks I have no gold.. I guess? Is there any way I could fix this issue without losing my game an all my hard work? Edited: Its fixed now.CountryyBoyz1 Jan 4
Jan 4 Diablo 3 console not connecting multiplayer Hi Xbox One user, D3 Eternal bundle. My network status stuck on "Local Only" and hence cant join multiplayer online. Everytime I boot up the game it states "Diablo 3 server not available" Cant join friends game, even though I can see them as "Online Friends"Rocsolid2 Jan 4
Jan 3 Frailty curse won't work Frailty isn't working even when I took off my minions and who knows what other curse isnt working is this going to get fixed for the necromancer?WildWolfArk0 Jan 3
Jan 3 PS4 PRO CRASHING we have been asking for help on this serious crash issue for three months now. you have not even replied about this issue. why aren't you getting back to us to at least say the problem is there an a fix is coming.RockRanger43 Jan 3
Jan 3 (Switch) Can't do multiplayer I'm online and connected to Diablo network, have the Nintendo online subscription, and have my network settings set to online. The lobby view on the pause menu shows a symbol with an X over it with the text "Local Only". I can see my Online Friends, but trying to join them gives me the message "There was a problem joing the game." They say that I do not show up in their online friends list in game. My roommate can do multiplayer just fine on their switch though. I've tried deleting and redownloading the game and exiting the game and starting back up but it does not help. Please help me solve this issue!everest848 Jan 3