Console Bug Report

Sep 10, 2013 How to Write a Good Bug Report Greetings Heroes, Welcome to the Diablo III Console Bug Report Forums! I am very much looking forward to working with all of you to get any bugs that you may find during your travels through Sanctuary reported to our development team. To get started on this forum, please read through this guide as it explains some Do's and Don't's for bug testing and reporting. Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum. My team and I read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, I will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. I will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are post. If you have a duplicate thread, I will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid completely off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Again, don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback about the game. Bug Writing Ok, you found a bug, congratulations! But now what? This guide will explain how to accurately write a bug report. When posting a bug, please clearly state which platform you own (PS3/Xbox 360) and begin with a one or two sentence Summary that attempts to accurately describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. I understand that the size of the Summary has to be short, but please do your best. Good summary: The tooltip for the Barbarian's Bash skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with smash After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. Where you in multiplayer? Could you reproduce the issue? Specifics are preferred as we need to know as much as possible about the issue. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a must faster turn around time reproducing the issue and reporting it to the Diablo III designers. Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Photobucket (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, please provide a link to the video as well. Types of Bugs Below are some different types of bugs you may encounter in Diablo III. I also have included the specific information I would like for each bug reported of this type. Combat bugs - These are pretty simple. If there is a broken skill in the game, include the name of the skill and the class that uses the skill. Example: The Barbarian's skill Bash does not knock enemies away. Quest bugs - These can be complicated. For quest issues, we request that you include two things: 1. Please include the name of the quest and quest step that you were on when you encountered the bug. The name of the quest is the name that displays at the top of your quest log, while the quest step is the specific instructions for you to complete in the quest. 2. Please specify weather this occurred in multiplayer or solo play. Example: During the quest "The Fire From The Sky : Slay a Wretched Mother", you cannot kill the Wretched Mother in multiplayer. Environment bugs - Finally, Environment bugs round out the specific types of bugs I need more information about. For Environment bugs, please describe the issue you found and tell me what level area it is located in. The level area is simply the name of the sub-zone you are in and can be found above the minimap. Every location in the game has a level area, and it helps to know this before I start looking. Screenshots are perfect for Environment bugs as well. They will accurately display the issue you are seeing. Uploading a screenshot to an online photo site like Imgur and linking it back to your thread would help me a lot as well. Example - In New Tristram, one of the houses is bright pink. Again, welcome to Diablo III!!! Following these guidelines will allow all of us to work together as efficiently as possible. Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!Tsarnis0 Sep 10, 2013
Oct 23 Battle.net Account Link Issues Greetings everyone, UPDATE 9/30 - The fix for this issue went in this morning, and from the reports I've seen so far it appears that we're back on track. We'll continue to keep our eyes on this, and encourage you to let us know here if you continue to run into any issues with linking your Sony Entertainment Network and/or Xbox LIVE accounts to your Battle.net account. Thanks all, may the Treasure Goblins treat you kindly! ---------- We’re aware that some players are receiving an error when attempting to link their PlayStation Network or Xbox Live accounts with Battle.net. We’re currently investigating these reports and will be sure to update this post as soon as more information becomes available. To those who are affected by this issue, we apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience in the meantime. For more information on how to link your console accounts with Battle.net, visit: https://us.battle.net/account/management/links.htmlAraxom126 Oct 23
Jan 12, 2016 Diablo III: UEE - Known Issues List - Updated 1/12/16 Hello everyone, and welcome to Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition on console! Below you will find are some of the most visible and commonly-reported Known Issues for Diablo III on Consoles. We ask that you please do not report any bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them. We would also appreciate you advising other players to consult this list before reporting an issue. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active on every platform. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and (in most cases) an expected fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition!!! Items Enemies affected by Black Hole with the Event Horizon rune while the wizard has the Boyarsky’s Chip gem equipped may become stuck at 1hp and become unable to be killed The Lianna’s Wings item model is incorrectly clipping into the player model while sheathed on the player’s back Set Dungeons Set Dungeon failed messages will spam players continually after failing the “Maintain Sweeping Wind” objective in the Dungeon of the Monkey King’s Garb Important: Please note that the issues listed in this post represent issues that are verified as active issues in the latest version of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for Xbox One (Patch 2.4.0.35039) and Playstation 4 (Patch 2.4.0.35038). Known issues from older content updates have have been added below as replies for reference.Tsarnis5 Jan 12, 2016
Aug 19, 2014 Problems with PS4 bonus item? Click here! Hi Everyone, We've recieved a few reports that Playstation 4 players were having issues collecting their Infernal Pauldrons. This appears to be related to a license not properly being applied to some players' PSN accounts after entering the item code. Luckily, we have identified a workaround that should help most of you get past this issue: 1. Navigate to the Settings option on the PS4 Dynamic Menu 2. Select "PSN" 3. Select "Restore Licenses" 4. Re-launch Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and you should find your preorder item in your inventory Additionally, please ensure that your console is connected to the internet, as downloading the available patch over PSN is required to collect the item.Tsarnis0 Aug 19, 2014
16m BUG WITH NECROMANCER CURSES (SWITCH VERSION) I picked up D3 for the switch today (had it in ps4 before this). I'm playing a necromancer and it seems like every so often, my curses just stop affecting things - no icon appears above the heads of enemies and if I'm using frailty (for example) they aren't dying at 15% health. If I quit the game and go back in, they start working again. Then about 3-5 minutes later the same thing reoccurs. Happens in both story and adventure mode. A bit of an irritating one as one of my skill slots essentially becomes useless unless I quit and then re enter the game every 5 minutes I did manage to capture a video on my switch, no idea how to share it - but if it will help I'll find out and share it. I also haven't tested this out on the ps4 version yet - I've been solidly playing the switch version.theSteesh56 16m
2h Enemies weirdly too hard On Nintendo Switch, Enemies have weirdly too much HP. I have a lvl 30 barb, with top gems in addition to paragon points. Yet the enemies still take multiple hits. Its as if the enemies are higher lvl than they should be. Even without the gems and paragon points, it still feels harder than it should be given his stats and gear. It seems that no matter what I do, the enemies remain just as tough. This is on normal difficulty.DaemonChi5 2h
2h Multiple amiibo portals taking up stash room. How does one get rid of amiibo Portals in stash? I have tried deleting them dropping them and vendoring. There is currently no way to remove the 5 extras the game made when I made every class. This is really frustrating because with 5 alts I barely have enough stash room as it is.eel21863 2h
3h Switch version rare upgrade table bug So far I have acquired two different pairs of identical non-primal legendaries by rolling for things via the cube. They have the exact same primaries, secondaries, and yield the same results if I enchant them at Myriam. One pair is identical etched sigils, the other is a pair of identical vengeful winds.Eightbitbort1 3h
6h Switch Couch Co-op Bug I have found some bugs when playing couch co-op on Switch. When player 2 tries to do some actions such as purchase stash space, player 1 has to hit A to ok the action. Same thing also happens when player 2 closes a Greater Rift with Orek, player 1 has to close the pop up window.vanshoodie1 6h
8h Necromancer curses not working Hello, My cuses are not working, what's happening ? I dont understand. Please fix that bug. Thank you.Yuzhan2 8h
8h (Switch) Missing visual Slow Time bubbles Sometimes when I pop my Slow Time (Exhaustion) skill, I can hear the sound, I can see enemies taking more damage and projectiles moving slower, but there's no bubble visible. If I pop another bubble close to where I put the first one I can usually see the next one unless it bugs too, so it isn't a lightning issue or anything that makes it hard to see.LasseVK0 8h
8h Possible major player gift bug I do not know if bug but when I send my friend a gift and he checks his mail box he gets to redeem the item unlimited times and it does not get deleted after 30 days he even created a new Xbox one profile without friending me to avoid that issue after using the bug to farm 10 million gold in 2 hours because he was worried you might have accused him of hackingDarkjames1 8h
8h Not hearing Nemesis if rumble is off N.Switch Iv turn off my system joycon rumble on Nintendo Switch, so by making that, there is no sound ( the three cries before he show up ) and Nemesis suddently appear without warning. It seem the cries and the rumble are attached together. Little fix needed here.hf20121 8h
12h [SWITCH] Lost character I had one level 70 character on my Nintendo switch and decided to create a new one. Because of my lack of creativity I gave him the same name. When I logged off to play with my "main" character again I realized that he was gone. It seems like creating a character with the same name deleted my other one in the process. No warning was shown and there is no possibility to restore this character on my Nintendo Switch. I couldn't find anywhere else than here to report it. Is it possible to restore the character?Sand2 12h
1d Please make D3 Korea subtitle patch Please make D3 Korea subtitle patch in console ... I know that D3 have Korea subtitle in PC version. Why Blizzard ignored Korea console users... they and I begged blizzard a lot of time. please make just Subtitles (caption, dialog is in Korean. ) pleaseLOGANS252 1d
1d [Switch] Multiple music loops playing. Hello, I've noticed this weird bug where sometimes if I put the switch to sleep (hit power button), and then a while later turn it back on to play, there will be multiple loops of music playing in the background. Even if I exit to the main menu I still hear background music of the last act I was in playing in background, plus whatever music is playing in the menu. I have to enter a cinematic or quit the game to get the multiple music tracks to stop. I'm really enjoying the game on Switch, just thought I would share.Vilhaum0 1d
1d Season journey bugged Hey i completed chapter 4 12/12 but it wont let me receive the rewards, i tried rebooting but that didn't help either. this is on nintendo switch btw greetsWolfrayne0 1d
1d Season 15 Objectives no loot Hi Admin, This is for Nintendo Switch. I’m not getting any objective loots after finishing Chapters 1 to 4. Already rebooted my Switch, closed the game entirely but still no loot. It’s only showing that chapters 1-4 is finished.Grumash2 1d
1d Switch Online Multiplayer not working Joining games and inviting people to my game consistently does not work. I will get an error message stating "there was a problem joining the game." I am also stuck in "local only" mode. This is with 4 different friends, and we've tried it on the same fiber wifi that is getting 900mbps download speed and 300 mbps upload. Restarting the console does not work, it just sometimes works or doesn't. Looking forward to a patch soon, I convinced like 6 people to buy this game and now it isn't workingBananakin6660 1d
1d [Switch] Haunt of Vaxo not procing Been wearing the amulet since I hit 70. paragon 200+ now and i have never seen my shadow clones proc. I am using a Demon Hunter with Zei's already level 25+ (stun enabled).W4RREN1 1d
2d Problem joining game PS4 Having issues joining my friends games. It didn't start until after season 15 came out. When we try to join each others games it just says, "There was a problem joining the game." Is this a server problem? We were able to play together last night, but had the same issue 2 days ago. Now we are having the issue again. Please tell me how to fix this.KaosSphynx2 2d
2d (Switch) End of Chapter 3 Cutscene glitch The cutscene started and it looks like the camera just started spinning around really fast. I grabbed a video quickly before it stopped partway through the cutscene. https://youtu.be/oRnIYfHSViYCyphermancer0 2d
2d Bounty: The Ancient Devices, does not work I am unable to complete the bounty because I cannot activate the 4th of the Ancient Devices in the Desolate Sands. The three other devices let me activate, but the one closest to the Desolate Sands Waypoint does not work. I'm playing on Nintendo Switch.Drewvans2 2d
2d [Switch] Keywarden icons don't appear on maps I've been noticing in Adventure Mode that the Keywarden icons aren't appearing on the waypoint maps, even though I'm on the correct difficulty (currently T5). I tend to have the same game running for awhile when playing stuff on my system, going in and out of sleep mode a lot. I've seen the keywarden icons appear exactly once. Here's two screenshots showing the keywarden is actually around, but not appearing on the map. https://i.imgtc.com/80tSBLw.png https://i.imgtc.com/zbNumvq.pngThunderbird0 2d
2d [Switch] Grasp of the Dead missing visual Summary: On Nintendo Switch, when using Grasp of the Dead with runes applied, the 'hands' animation is missing. Description: I'm currently playing a lvl 17 Witch Doctor on Classic solo mode, normal difficulty. I'm playing the game on the Switch, from a cartridge rather than digital download, and I'm in the UK. When I use the ability Grasp of the Dead with either of my currently unlocked runes applied (Unbreakable Grasp, Groping Eels), the 'hands' (or 'eels') component of the animation doesn't appear. All other parts of the effect (the glowing cracks in the earth, the sound effects, the damage dealt) all appear as normal and seem to be appropriate to the rune selected. However, the hands/eels are missing 100% of the time. The un-runed version of the ability works fine, hands included, and I haven't experienced any comparable issues with any other abilities. Let me know if any additional info is required!aje0945 2d
2d NS Necro Passive Skill does not work Hi the passive skill Grisly Tribute does not work for the Necromancer on NS, my minions attack monsters and I don't get the animation that they are healing me when they attack. I'm playing on n seasonal character, non-hardcore.WarX2 2d
2d Nintendo Switch Graphic Issue I have been having a graphic issue that has been making the game unplayable at times on Nintendo switch. Objects in the environment seem to be expanded at times causing shadows and covering the screen causing me to be unable to see anything on screen (not 100 percent sure how to explain what is happening). Links to some picture examples are below (My apologies but I couldn't figure out how to link them so its just in regular text). I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, and restarting the switch with no changes. https://i.imgur.com/zrmajVn.jpg https://i.imgur.com/6cyVizg.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vvNeWtp.jpg https://i.imgur.com/8O9lBF8.jpg https://i.imgur.com/XxtjtO4.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GXImxqq.jpg https://i.imgur.com/s62UmAN.jpgRattaliation5 2d
2d (Nintendo Switch) Goblin Vault Bug After posting this 2 times now :P and a customer service guy sending me to the pc forums... here is the bug I encounterd for the switch. I Was doing bounties on hard I believe (act 3) near where you get the cube and a goblin vault spawned. I enterd the vault and killed the boss. The chest spawned where I killed the boss instead of teleporting back to throne and then dropping the chest from the sky. No loot appeard when I clicked on the chest and I could not portal outside either which forced me to quit the game :(Redxlotus2 2d
2d Necro Switch version Curses not working Like many other people that are playing on the NS, the curses does not work correctly after awhile. It's game breaking for me and can't run my build correctly.WarX0 2d
3d LEGENDARY ITEMS LOST ON SWITCH I wanted to inform someone that I found a bug when I play Diablo 3 offline with my Swich and a legendary items drops. I get the icon in my inventory menu that i have a legenardy in that slot and I have the green star present. Then when I go to that slot the item isn't there. I have to reload my entire game in order for it to appear. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks for your time.Tron1 3d
4d Necromancer Curses Not Working I can see the curse being applied to enemies when I first start a play session, but after a short while the curses are no longer being applied to enemies. Maybe when I enter a cave or change zones. I'm playing on Nintendo switch.Drewvans1 4d
4d (D3 Switch) Bloodshed bug. My blood shards won't max out. They get to approximately 650/730 and won't take on any more. I have restarted the game and still no change. Sorry for typo in the title. Auto correct beat me to it.CatPlane3 4d
4d [switch] demon hunter arrows bug Normally you would get a spread along with the skill that has rockets, but occasionally i shoot, but no arrows are shot, just the rockets flying out. Ain't always it happens, but occasionally.Duckers9 4d
4d Skeletal mage bug and curse bug Hello playing on the switch for about 3 days now with my necro and I keep having the same problem with skeletal mages just standing still and not attacking anything even if the enemy is right beside them. I'm also experiencing the curses not activating problem. Anyone else having the skeletal mage bug? Hope this gets fixed soon.NoTofu1 4d
5d [Switch] Spirit Walk affected by CC 'Vortex' Hi, Great port but there's various bugs which particularly affect Hardcore. For Witch Doctor, the player should be immune to CC when using the skill Spirit Walk (or under the effect of the passive Spirit Vessel), however the elite modifier 'Vortex' affects the player in Spirit Walk (and I assume Spirit Vessel): Nintendo Switch Witch Doctor Hardcore GR 68 Solo Spirit Walk rune 'Jaunt' I have never seen this issue on PS3, PC, or PS4. Thank you. EDIT: This is a US, physical copy.VivaMyBalls0 5d
6d (N. Switch) Symbol characters display as ? My profile name for my Nintendo Switch has symbol characters in it (when entering the name, press the Globe on the keyboard and scroll down to the symbols keyboard). The game displays it as R??? as a result of no support for those characters. Please add support for the proper display of all the characters in the symbol keyboard.Xyngynkynyn0 6d
6d (N. Switch)Nemesis has spawned in HC coop Hi, First sorry for poor english, not my first language. I am not sure if its a bug or not, but me and a friend played couch coop with hardcore toon's and at some point i died so i started a new HC toon again and we continued the game when suddenly a nemesis (killer of : Nyrull) spawned. It was my first time seeing it as i was a pc player before. After some research on the web, i only saw that it is not suppose to spawn in HC. Is this still true or they do spawn now in HC ? If not, then it is a bug. Unfortunately i don't have any screenshot to prove my saying, because we where more worry to not dying (i nearly died from one hit) and running away from it as we didn't know what it was at first.Nyrull0 6d
Nov 6 Can not resurrect At the very end while killing the rift guardian I died. It bugged out and will not resurrect me. This has happen to me before. Kind of frustrating.... Only thing I could do was quit the game and start over again.Aflictyou1 Nov 6
Nov 6 [switch] Game reloads when someone leaves. I think this is a big bug as this didn't happen on ps4 nor pc, specially pc. And considering how slow the loading is on switch, it's basically a loading simulator whenever someone leaves after a rift.Duckers0 Nov 6
Nov 4 Unidentified Legendaries Not in Inventory XB1 So, i've been noticing an issue since the latest version of Diablo 3 implemented seasons on the XBOX1. For some reason, without reason or a pattern, characters that I have in the season will no longer show unidentified legendary items in their inventory. Usually this occurs on a daily basis and through any period of time while playing. When looking in my inventory, I can see that I have an unidentified item, due to the green star over the section that has it, but when I view this section it will not have the item listed. Instead, which is another bug associated with this bug, it will now list my "Equipped" items in the "Inventory" section, which it normally doesn't do. The only way i've found to resolve this is to go to the Book of Cain and use it to identify what is hidden. Once this is done, the item will show up in that section where it wasn't appearing before. Also, the issue with the equipped items in the inventory listing will remain until I quit out of the current session and log back in. Has anyone else experienced this or have an idea of how to resolve this? Thank you for your time.GreenSteele6 Nov 4
Nov 4 Bug with Disintegrate Entropy(Switch version) Hi, I've been noticing a bug with the switch version where if you use Disintegrate with the Entropy rune, sometimes a few of the beams do not appear (sometimes none of them appear at all). The spell still does damage it just doesn't show the animation.Katheren1 Nov 4
Nov 4 Can’t use Jeweler Can’t use Jeweler in Act 2. I’m in a group with two other players. Everyone can use the Jeweler but me. No option to combine or extract. I can only talk to the Jeweler, but I can’t open the gem window. We are all level 37. I’m on Switch.Bingly0 Nov 4
Nov 3 Nintendo Switch - Endless Loop / Crash Playing two players on a single Switch. Player 1 has a Nintendo Online subscription. Player 2 does not. When attempting to join the party of a third player online the game enters into an endless loop of "Please wait..." and "Validating Nintendo Online Subscription". The only way to interrupt the loop is to close the game completely.Invertigo0 Nov 3
Nov 2 Graphic Glitch - Nintendo Switch First i want to say thank you Blizzard for this amazing port, i'm having a blast with the game on the Switch! =) Playing on Adventure Mode i encountered this glitch on Stonefort, more specific with the catapults. Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/gvenNZJ https://imgur.com/a/iBWIwoB https://imgur.com/a/ahYEzOQ https://imgur.com/a/APHvfkNI'm guessing it have something to do with the interaction triggers since you can see a white line connected to it when the character is standing at certain positions and happens with every single catapult you have to interact with on that area. Once you finish activating the catapults the lines are gone...Maxalty0 Nov 2
Oct 31 Nephalem Glory not buffing pets dps ? Hello, I just noticed something, with the Witch Doctor helltooth garg, the gargs don't get double damage with Nephalem Glory, is it by design or is this a bug ?Easlei2 Oct 31
Oct 27 PS4 Avarice Conquest broken? Is the Avarice Conquest broken for the PS? Solo ran and opened 100 T-X Horadric Cashes. 520000 X 100 = 52,000,000, Conquest not complete? Also, how can we tell when PS4 version is close to the achievement, it has no gold counter like I have on the PC version?Innermyst4 Oct 27
Oct 19 Mailbox bug/glitch? Help plz Hello, in search of someone to help me figure out a problem regarding the mailbox on xbox one. I can send items to friends no problem but they've said that they have sent me items back and I do not receive any of their mail or gifts. Anyone else having this problem or only me?Anarchy8 Oct 19
Oct 19 PS4 DPS Drop and Item Disappearance PS4 Ancient items that have been equipped and used in play disappearing after following proper log out procedures. This includes items that have been augmented with gems. Noticeable decrease in DPS for DH, in both Marauders and Unhallowed sets. All set pieces have been unequipped and re-equipped, all skills reset. Difference went from 80B to 30B and has remained consistently low without gear or skills being altered to lower numbers. Issues did not begun until around 10-16-2018. This is occurring on both mine and my husbands accounts.Sical0 Oct 19
Oct 12 I LOST DPS WITHING CHANGE ANYTHING Hello! It's for ps4 and I do not know where to write it. It is already the third time that happens to me that the damage is brutally reduced in the same game, the same team, the same talents, the same level of difficulty and the same conditions. This is the last time you do over 80B damage to do only 20B, see the desire to play next to me! It is an exaggerated damage descent and without motives, now I can not do the failures that he did or anything, it shows a lot! It is that it is brutal and I do not understand why. I took off the objects, I put myself back on, as well as talents. I exit the game completely, I went back in and nothing ... It's with a DH with Marauder. It's the third time that happens to me but the previous 2 times it was quite inferior and it was not noticed, but no, you've already done damage in comparison. Thank you!Melynda0 Oct 12
Oct 10 Bug with Demolition Derby unlocking early XB1 Hello, I was trying to unlock the Demolition Derby achievement on Xbox 1 today but it unlocked before I got the 50 item callout. I was starting in the Royal Crypt and kept hitting the gate at the front instead of the grave so I would lose my progress. I would then pause and quit and restart. After doing this a few times the achievement unlocked. It seems like it was keeping the destruction total from each of the previous runs and adding them together.Bdtry1 Oct 10