Console Bug Report

Sep 10, 2013 How to Write a Good Bug Report Greetings Heroes, Welcome to the Diablo III Console Bug Report Forums! I am very much looking forward to working with all of you to get any bugs that you may find during your travels through Sanctuary reported to our development team. To get started on this forum, please read through this guide as it explains some Do's and Don't's for bug testing and reporting. Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum. My team and I read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, I will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. I will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are post. If you have a duplicate thread, I will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid completely off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Again, don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback about the game. Bug Writing Ok, you found a bug, congratulations! But now what? This guide will explain how to accurately write a bug report. When posting a bug, please clearly state which platform you own (PS3/Xbox 360) and begin with a one or two sentence Summary that attempts to accurately describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. I understand that the size of the Summary has to be short, but please do your best. Good summary: The tooltip for the Barbarian's Bash skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with smash After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. Where you in multiplayer? Could you reproduce the issue? Specifics are preferred as we need to know as much as possible about the issue. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a must faster turn around time reproducing the issue and reporting it to the Diablo III designers. Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Photobucket (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, please provide a link to the video as well. Types of Bugs Below are some different types of bugs you may encounter in Diablo III. I also have included the specific information I would like for each bug reported of this type. Combat bugs - These are pretty simple. If there is a broken skill in the game, include the name of the skill and the class that uses the skill. Example: The Barbarian's skill Bash does not knock enemies away. Quest bugs - These can be complicated. For quest issues, we request that you include two things: 1. Please include the name of the quest and quest step that you were on when you encountered the bug. The name of the quest is the name that displays at the top of your quest log, while the quest step is the specific instructions for you to complete in the quest. 2. Please specify weather this occurred in multiplayer or solo play. Example: During the quest "The Fire From The Sky : Slay a Wretched Mother", you cannot kill the Wretched Mother in multiplayer. Environment bugs - Finally, Environment bugs round out the specific types of bugs I need more information about. For Environment bugs, please describe the issue you found and tell me what level area it is located in. The level area is simply the name of the sub-zone you are in and can be found above the minimap. Every location in the game has a level area, and it helps to know this before I start looking. Screenshots are perfect for Environment bugs as well. They will accurately display the issue you are seeing. Uploading a screenshot to an online photo site like Imgur and linking it back to your thread would help me a lot as well. Example - In New Tristram, one of the houses is bright pink. Again, welcome to Diablo III!!! Following these guidelines will allow all of us to work together as efficiently as possible. Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!Tsarnis0 Sep 10, 2013
Apr 20 Battle.net Account Link Issues Greetings everyone, UPDATE 9/30 - The fix for this issue went in this morning, and from the reports I've seen so far it appears that we're back on track. We'll continue to keep our eyes on this, and encourage you to let us know here if you continue to run into any issues with linking your Sony Entertainment Network and/or Xbox LIVE accounts to your Battle.net account. Thanks all, may the Treasure Goblins treat you kindly! ---------- We’re aware that some players are receiving an error when attempting to link their PlayStation Network or Xbox Live accounts with Battle.net. We’re currently investigating these reports and will be sure to update this post as soon as more information becomes available. To those who are affected by this issue, we apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience in the meantime. For more information on how to link your console accounts with Battle.net, visit: https://us.battle.net/account/management/links.htmlAraxom129 Apr 20
Jan 12, 2016 Diablo III: UEE - Known Issues List - Updated 1/12/16 Hello everyone, and welcome to Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition on console! Below you will find are some of the most visible and commonly-reported Known Issues for Diablo III on Consoles. We ask that you please do not report any bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them. We would also appreciate you advising other players to consult this list before reporting an issue. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active on every platform. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and (in most cases) an expected fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition!!! Items Enemies affected by Black Hole with the Event Horizon rune while the wizard has the Boyarsky’s Chip gem equipped may become stuck at 1hp and become unable to be killed The Lianna’s Wings item model is incorrectly clipping into the player model while sheathed on the player’s back Set Dungeons Set Dungeon failed messages will spam players continually after failing the “Maintain Sweeping Wind” objective in the Dungeon of the Monkey King’s Garb Important: Please note that the issues listed in this post represent issues that are verified as active issues in the latest version of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for Xbox One (Patch 2.4.0.35039) and Playstation 4 (Patch 2.4.0.35038). Known issues from older content updates have have been added below as replies for reference.Tsarnis5 Jan 12, 2016
Aug 19, 2014 Problems with PS4 bonus item? Click here! Hi Everyone, We've recieved a few reports that Playstation 4 players were having issues collecting their Infernal Pauldrons. This appears to be related to a license not properly being applied to some players' PSN accounts after entering the item code. Luckily, we have identified a workaround that should help most of you get past this issue: 1. Navigate to the Settings option on the PS4 Dynamic Menu 2. Select "PSN" 3. Select "Restore Licenses" 4. Re-launch Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and you should find your preorder item in your inventory Additionally, please ensure that your console is connected to the internet, as downloading the available patch over PSN is required to collect the item.Tsarnis0 Aug 19, 2014
6h Error 8002291A Hi everyone. For years i've played Diablo 3 RoS with my wife on a PS3 system. I started the game on my account and from the character selection screen she created and associated a character to her account on the console. 2019. I buy a Copy of Diablo 3 eternal for PS4. I export my character without problems. Then i try for the first time to play the game on another account(my wife) to export her character and i find out that i cannot play the game on another account other than mine because It Will Always give that error code. Someone know how to solve this One? I don't Want to lose my wife character.GamerX0 6h
7h PSP4 Pro Can’t create hellfire rings/amulets Hello there, I’ve got the the issue with creating Hellfire amulets or rings. I can’t get the body parts of the uberboses dropped in the realms whatsoever. And I’ve done /or I’m doing the realms (terror, fright etc.) in like 20 seconds or something, which means I believe I’ve done these more then enough. I’m on T7. Needless to say it’s not the gold that would be the problem. Oh, I’ve forgot to say there is no plan for the more expensive version of the Hellfire rings/amulets by the peddler, neither. No idea what’s going on. Is this a regression bug from few years back, or am I doing something wrong? I’m currently on tournament level 7 (t7) with some 300+ paragons, gold there is more then enough, too. Version is the latest available, I guess. Btw. Please don’t get me wrong, but you don’t seem to care about the console issues - there are rarely any responses being made by the blizzard staff or something in the Console Bug Report section, ain’t it? Best regards, AnsisysAnsisys1 7h
8h Follower Items disappearing! This is something that happened in vanilla, I'm shocked that this is still going on. We've lost countless items from followers due to a glitch with co-op. Blizzard, please look into this!Branch77x742 8h
1d ONE-SHOT BOSS BUG Hello, Almost everytime we fight a major boss (in local multiplayer) it dies almost instantly when we just started to attack it with primary attacks(in expert mode)... Yet, not experiencing this bug with the normal mobs, they don't die instantly like that... I'm playing on PS4. Please, how can I fix this ?Trillon940 1d
4d Xbox One Voice Gone It seems to only be affecting necromancer male and female. I've lost all character voice lines. The subs still appear in those sections, without any dialogue. NPCs continue to be voiced just fine.BT16060442 4d
4d [XBOXONE] ALL MY CHARACTERS ARE MISSING Hello, I have played yesterday afternoon (4:30PM to 7:00PM), all worked fine. When I have lanched Diablo 3 at 9PM, all my characters were gone. I play on Xbox One (Gamer Tag Ellythra596). My parangon points are still on my account, when I create new character, I have my money, but all my old characters disappeared. I have contacted Microsoft Support this morning, they told me that they aren't responsible, because data are under Blizzard responsabilities. I tried to uninstall game then reinstall, to remove local saves, to remove my xbox account from my console then to reconnect it, but it doesn't work. Can someone help me please ? Thanks !Ellythra11 4d
4d 2.6.5 broke a few things - Xbox One Patch 2.6.5 broke NPC voices, blue goblin & Sir William (Xbox One) - Kulle, miriam, Ershi, miriam and several other NPC no longer speak when interacting - Blue goblin multiplies only 2 times after doing T16 and no loot - Sir william didn't drop any loot Just hoping a real developer reads and acknowledges this possible bugs. For the note I started grinding WhimsyShire on T16 and I swear Sir William did appear and I quickly killed him but he didn't drop anything, to be honest I'm not really eager for butterfly wings or portrait [seriously I've been playing Diablo 3 for 6 years so if I really wanted them then I would've gotten them by now] but thought it should be pointed out because I read folks literally dedicate hours and days for rainbow items and it would be sad if upgrading to T16 somehow messed up the loot system for said items.WraithKnight5 4d
5d Character not speaking Since the latest update, my character (necromancer) will not speak and the interactions with several characters does not complete. My character will no longer speak at all during fights or gameplay.PickleRick9 5d
5d Necromancer doesn't speak in-game I recently purchased the Necromancer pack from the xbox store and started a brand new character to realize dialogue in the game was not voiced. Cutscenes were fully voiced but in game conversations only show subtitles and no other lines are spoken such as levelling lines, short comments to followers etc.Teroryzer1 5d
6d Monsters that refuse to die I am playing season 17 and I have found a bug that is constantly disrupting my game play. A case in point just happened. I was trying to do bounties. Many of the bounties will say to kill every monster on level 2 of some area. This bug makes it so at least one monster refuses to die. I am running the bounties on Torment 16. I am playing a wizard with Storm Armor on. My storm armor has been hitting the last monster, along with my hireling and occasionally summoned shadow clones, for several minutes and the last mob is showing zero health. That last MOB is parked on the screen like it died standing up. This makes it impossible to finish the bounty. I am playing on XBox One. My gamer tag is Absa. I believe with this information you should be able to clone my female wizard and try to reproduce the issue. The build is just to keep storm armor up and hit the right trigger to kill, teleport when needed.AbsaLootly2 6d
Jun 17 Trophies not achieve! Hi. Sounds weird, but I can't get the trophy "Bejeweled" and "Socket to me". I've tried in Campaign Mode..in Adventure... I have the DLC of Necromancer. But this two trophies are the only missing ones from ROS to be able to achieve Pltinum. Any idea/help?Ismael130 Jun 17
Jun 14 Rift guardian unkillable Leap barbarian causing rift guardian glitch ps4. The Rift guardian spawns but is unkillable it does not move nor does its health bar appear. It doesn't attack, i can kill all other enemies fine. This is happening on every rift i try. See below links for other examples: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20764376275 https://youtu.be/xRhJUs_4rmY https://youtu.be/xdTtdo71ErcPseudoXenon0 Jun 14
Jun 12 Necromancer lost voice (Xbox) I decided to start a new campaign and noticed the male necromancer voice is gone as of the latest patch. It shows the subtitles - no voice.SpookySpirit6 Jun 12
Jun 12 No Necromancer Voice So, I'm playing on XB1, and i have noticed that my Necromancer no longer has any voice over in game. I checked my other hero classes and they all still have their voice. I've tried the unistall/reinstall, and Xbox.com had me do a console reset, still no go.GreenDragon4 Jun 12
Jun 12 Silence when you speak to me not unlocking I know many have been having issues with necromancer voice no longer working and it also occurs to my character intermittently also. I had no problems progressing this achievement before the new patch, now it's just stuck and I beat the game on both hardcore and normal mode again and got the achievement in game but it just shows me as having 75% on xbox. Please fix. This is on xbox one sPlavix0 Jun 12
Jun 10 Leoric's Crown extracted bug I have the extracted power equipped, but when socketing a tier 10 amethyst, the helmet only says +23% life, instead of +46%. Xbox one player.BT1605062 Jun 10
Jun 9 lost primal item in stash On PS4, I put a Primal Ancient Sunkeeper into my stash. then switched heroes. when I went back to my stash, the Primal Sunkeeper was gone. Can anyone help? If Blizzard sees this, it happened June 8, 2019 at approximately 9:35pm Central time. My playstation account is @tomlindner2tomlindner10 Jun 9
Jun 9 PS4 Kill Belial/Skeleton King Crypt When player 2 activated zone change from City of Caldeum to Imperial Palace for the Kill Belial bounty. The zone shift sent us to The Skeleton Kings Crypt (had previously killed Skeleton King for a different bounty). We went back to City of Caldeum, and tried entering Imperial Palace again, where Player 1’s character was sent to the Skeleton Kings Crypt, and player 2’s character disappeared, with audio from the Campaign instance playing as background audio. Upon Player 1 creating a Town Portal, it lead to the ACT 2 Hidden Camp and Player 2’s character appeared on screen again. We are in Torment 14, local shared screen multiplayer, had completed the Act 1 Bounties (which included the Skeleton King), did *not* open the Large Horadric Chest (stashing them for the Seasonal gold Challenge), and completed 4/5 of the Act 2 Bounties, with Belial being the last. All attempts to get to Belial failed, until quitting and starting a new game, at which point it worked. Videos of glitch attached below. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAkuFwocfzITej6g7gpEIpsWKg1YuCFtADisies0 Jun 9
Jun 8 Missing characters after new patch I am playing on PS4 and stopped playing for a few months because of work schedule problems and when I got the update I lost many of my characters I had one of each class that were not seasonal and had at least one hardcore and one or two that were seasonal now all I have is two female wizards, just wondering if I can get them back if not it's fine just annoyingAmaterasu0 Jun 8
Jun 7 Enemies weirdly too hard On Nintendo Switch, Enemies have weirdly too much HP. I have a lvl 30 barb, with top gems in addition to paragon points. Yet the enemies still take multiple hits. Its as if the enemies are higher lvl than they should be. Even without the gems and paragon points, it still feels harder than it should be given his stats and gear. It seems that no matter what I do, the enemies remain just as tough. This is on normal difficulty.DaemonChi14 Jun 7
Jun 6 (Switch) Can't do multiplayer I'm online and connected to Diablo network, have the Nintendo online subscription, and have my network settings set to online. The lobby view on the pause menu shows a symbol with an X over it with the text "Local Only". I can see my Online Friends, but trying to join them gives me the message "There was a problem joing the game." They say that I do not show up in their online friends list in game. My roommate can do multiplayer just fine on their switch though. I've tried deleting and redownloading the game and exiting the game and starting back up but it does not help. Please help me solve this issue!everest8418 Jun 6
Jun 6 Xbox One Controller Bug Hey, so unsure if I can get help on this topic. I logged in today to try and knock out a bounty series before work (I did several just over 12hrs prior at about 12am CST) and I'm having an issue with my controller that is only affecting D3 gameplay. Hitting "X" on my xbox one controller brings up my character page, rather than initiating the skill. Hitting "B" to close then engages the skill. When accessing the character inventory, hitting "X" to compare items triggers the skill as well. I have: -Checked settings to see if controls have altered overnight. -Completely closed out the game and restarted it. -Turned off and turned back on console -Restarted console manually -Tried seeing if other games are working incorrectly when using the "X" button, but it is so far only D3. I haven't seen any other complaints like this on the forums, so maybe it's a personal problem? Any advice would be helpful beyond what I've already tried. Thanks.AgentUtah1 Jun 6
Jun 5 No credit 'exquisite' - enchant for socket No season credit for completing tier tier 4 exquisite - enchant for socket. I have completed this quest 3 times now...B0N30 Jun 5
Jun 5 Not getting season credit (PS4) I have 10/10 in Champion and I am not getting credit. Slayer is complete 10/10 and has the gold checkmark. I completed Slayer and Champion at the same time by mastering a set dungeon (i had not previously beat a set dungeon). Now I have 8/8 on 'Destroyer' but it says I need to complete Champion to unlock... which I did... but I'm not getting credit. What can i do? :( Here is a video - https://imgur.com/AulgqhDJoesh3 Jun 5
Jun 5 Act 1 Leoric's Passage spawn bug There's a small room that's inaccessible due to the crater that's there. Mobs do spawn in that inaccessible room and are walking on top of the crater.Pr1m3v1l14 Jun 5
Jun 4 Cube attempts for already extracted power PS4 2.4 The cube interface allows me to select my RORG even though it is already an extracted power. The rorg it allows is Ancient. Not a big deal bit id hate to waste mats.Guerillaw4 Jun 4
Jun 3 Witch Doctor pets + Boon of the Hoarder Platform: PS4 Summary: After loading into a normal rift, monster's killed by pets do not proc the boon of the hoarder legendary gem until the pets are re-summoned. This also seems to happen when changing levels in the rifts. This happened in single player and every rift i tried I was able to recreate it. I would summon the Gargantuan pet with the humongoid rune before entering the rift, as it would kill an enemy boon of the hoarder would not proc. The gem was max level. After re-casting the skill, the Gargantuan would proc the gem. This also happened after I would move to a new level in the rift. Re-casting the skill after changing levels also seemed to fix it.FMP7110 Jun 3
Jun 2 Graphic effect disappears in Nintendo I'm a Nintendo switch user I enjoy Diablo 3 with Nintendo switch. But sometimes, some skills don't have graphic effects. This is probably a developmental measure to prevent frame drop However, the effects of the game are so serious that it is inconvenient to play I think it's absurd to overcut the effects of the user's skill, not monsters I don't know whether this is a bug or the development team's intention. Anyway, I want you to patch it thanxwenley024 Jun 2
May 31 XP boosting glitch This glitch / bug allows rapid xp gain for the host. Here are the steps to re create for a season 17 character. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT ENCOURAGE EXPLOITATION OF BUGS/GLITCHES 1. Start a game with your seasonal character (I chose wizard, not sure if relevant) 2. Choose a difficulty way outside your skill (ie. torment 5, for a level 18 character) 2. Equip a follower (Templar is who I chose if relevant) 3. Start, and enter a standard rift. 4. Invite a friend (higher level recommended, she was level 63) 5. wait for the friend to join the game, then the rift. If the templar is still with you at this time - it worked. - Enemies should pretty much die instantly, or extremely easily. - Host gains xp as if on the difficulty set - We did not see any xp gain for the second player - returning to down ends the glitch and the actual difficulty takes effect - proceeding to the next level in the rift will also end the effect.BuGMeeT1 May 31
May 31 Rift / Keys bug 1. Completing a standard rift does not give a greater rift key. - I tried multiple difficulties - I tried different characters with different levels - I have completed at least 15, or more, rifts and not gotten a single key. 2. Keys also will not drop from a key-holder - same thing, tried different characters at different levels, on different difficulties Both issues occurred with season 17 characters, on either single player or online multiplayerBuGMeeT1 May 31
May 31 Vidian fight intro monologue bugged The guy who turns into Vidian in Act II has a little monologue before he transforms. The voice no longer plays, and it’s no longer skippable.Waelwulfan1 May 31
May 30 Bounty drop missing I am playing on Nintendo Switch and I usually do all the acts before picking up the caches for each act. When I went to get the caches for act 3 and 4 I only got for act 4. This happened twice today.Groat2 May 30
May 30 spear of jairo bug spear of jairo ( necro spear -> 10-15% more thorn dmg pr cursed enemy ) dont stack thorn dmg...Bongert1 May 30
May 30 BUG spear of jairo ( necro spear -> 10-15% more thorn dmg pr cursed enemy ) dont stack thorn dmg...Bongert0 May 30
May 27 Kill ghom glitched achievement Kill ghom not unlocking tried multiple times killing him and nothing. Completely finished the game 98 percent of achievements done just have that one to go and wont unlockkonkybine360 May 27
May 27 Stack dosent work spead the medicin ( necro passive -> 1% inc dmg pr cursed enemy ) dont stack dmg spear of jairo ( necro spear -> 10-15% more thorn dmg pr cursed enemy ) dont stack thorn dmg... do blizzard reply on this kind of topic's?Bongert0 May 27
May 27 Character Voice not audible Finally bought the necromancer and started fresh, but after logging off once and coming back my characters voice isn't there no battle dialogue no story dialogue nada. This a recurring issue?BT1605050 May 27
May 26 did not receive pet and port xbox one me and my wife have played through 16 now on 17 got through chapter 1 but did not receive the pet and port reward why and the game keeps saying disconnected for serverkkiller1871 May 26
May 25 Necromancer Voice Missing System: XBox One I just purchased the necromancer this evening and was very disappointed it doesn’t use it's voice at any point in the game. it is silent but it has it’s closed captions the NPC’s continue to speak as is the necromancer spokeRauvi3 May 25
May 24 Not abel to seasonal travel Hello togather, I have a big problem with the seasonal travel. The Game doesn't recognizes the challeng for the 45th and 70th legendary gems, so i'm not abel to finish the season travel. Can you help please. RegardsFrosty2 May 24
May 23 Missing Seasonal Rewards for Chapter IV Hello, I am missing Haedrig's gift after I completed and redeemed my season IV reward on my WD on PS4. I have the pet and the portrait frame, just missing the set pieces. I had them equipped yesterday and today they are missing. Is there any way to retrieve this or am I just royally screwed for the rest of the season?Ts00sT1 May 23
May 23 Broken ring of grandeur The ring of grandeur worked before the up date. It has stop giving set bonus, the skill no longer works from the cube, and I cant run skill dungeons anymore. I'm on the ps4 and this is affecting my regular normal game.LUXFER2 May 23
May 23 BUG ON "SPEAR OF JAIRO" it dosent stack Im playing on console and my spear of jairo is not stacking thorn dmg at all? the thorn build i use depends on the high stack for higher GR.. please helpBongert6 May 23
May 23 Perma Death sorta bug? (PS4) So yeah happened a few times now I die SC Seasonal Character(s) and soon as I press Triangle to resurrect at corpse, I don't come back alive game still plays on I got to quit out and restart session to continue happening during pretty much everything Nephalem Rifts, Greater Rifts, Bounties, Exploring and so on. Happening to my friends aswell.Supremesis0 May 23
May 23 Ps4 Templar gear removes Ps4 hardcore seasonal; Game removes Templar gear and it disappears from inventory and stash. Templar Has lost his gear twice now in three hours of playing. Randomly occurs, EVERY item is removed from him and disappears. The only thing I did was transmogrify my gear and then bam three games later gone. I tested it again transmogrify a second time, three games later poof Templar gear is gone except this time my shield got sent to my stash. I’m rank 1 on PS4 hardcore seasonal if that makes this seem more realistic. I’ve heard this is a glitch and has happened before. Last season we couldn’t use voice chat in game so I don’t expect any solutions just thought someone should report this.thumpr0 May 23
May 22 Necro Voice Gone (Xbox one) Just grabbed the game a couple days ago and when I went to try out the Necro I noticed that he has no dialogue audio at all. Even during combat and stuff. Saw a couple other posts about it so figured i’d make another so it gets fixed.xenmaster352 May 22