New Player Help

May 1 [TIPS] RoS Followers (lvl.70) complete guide Introduction - A few things to know 1. Templar 1-1. Templar Stats 1-2. Templar Templates 2. Scoundrel 2-1. Scoundrel Stats 2-2. Scoundrel Templates 3. Enchantress 3-1. Enchantress Stats 3-2. Enchantress Templates 4. Legendary items (with followers proc) list 4.1. Weapons 4.1.a. One-Handed 4.1.a.1 Axes 4.1.a.2 Daggers 4.1.a.3 Maces 4.1.a.4 Swords 4.1.b. Two-Handed 4.1.b.1 Axes 4.1.b.2 Maces 4.1.b.3 Staves 4.1.b.4 Swords 4.1.b.5 Bows 4.1.b.6 Xbows 4.2. Shields 4.3. Jewelry 4.3.a. Amulets 4.3.b. Rings 4.4. Follower Special 4.4.a. Enchantress Focuses 4.4.b. Scoundrel Tokens 4.4.c. Templar Relics 5. Unity & Immortal follower combo 6. How do I gear my followers ? 6-1. Finding equipment 6-2. Enchanting 6-3. Gems 7. Ashera’s set. 8. So... Wich follower must i choose ? 9. LinksAshTag141 May 1
Oct 12, 2017 Acronyms - The Definitive List plus Definitions! I got tired of searching for acronyms all over the forums, so I created this ongoing, living post that I will be editing as I find new acronyms. Please feel free to comment if I've missed something or made some typos. It's a long list, but CTRL+F is your friend! Class and Stat Acronyms BARB - Barbarian DH - Demon Hunter CRU - Crusader (see also SADER) MONK - Monk SADER - Crusader WD - Witch Doctor WIZ - Wizard STR - Strength (primary stat for CRU and BARB) DEX - Dexterity (primary stat for DH and MONK) INT - Intelligence (primary stat for WIZ and WD) VIT - Vitality (stat for all classes) Game-Specific Acronyms 1H - 1-Handed Weapon 2h - 2-Handed Weapon AD - Additive Damage AH - Auction House (no longer exists in-game) APS - Attacks per Second AR - All Resist (see also RA) BIS - Best in Slot BLIZZ - Blizzard (Company) or Blizzard (WIZ spell) BoA - Bound on Account BoP - Bound on Pickup BUFF - Increase in stats or Increase in effectiveness (in patches) CC - Crowd Control or Critical Chance (see also CHC) CDR - Cooldown Reduction CHC - Critical Hit Chance CD - Critical Damage (see also CHD) or Cooldown CHD - Critical Hit Damage DM - Damage Multiplier DoT - Damage over Time DPS - Damage Per Second = AD x DM DW - Dual Weapon/Dual Wield EE - Exquisite Essence (Crafting material) EHP - Effective health pool EMP - Efficient Mana Points FoS - Feat of Strength GAH - Gold Auction House (no longer exists in-game) GF - Gold Find % GG - Godly gear/Good Game GRIFT - Greater Rift HC - Hardcore Mode HM - Health Multiplier IAS - Increased attack speed IT - Iridescent Tears (Crafting material) LOH - Life on Hit LOS - Line of Sight LAK - Life After Kill LS - Life Steal MF - Magic Find % MH - Main Hand MP(#) - Monster Power (LVL) MpK - Mana per Kill MR - Mana Regeneration NERF - Term used when the developers make something less effective. OH - Off Hand OOM - Out of Mana OP - Overpowered PL - Paragon Level PROC - Programmed Random Occurence PoR - Pool of Reflection PuR - Pick up Radius RA - Resist All (see also AR) RES - Resistance RoS - Reaper of Souls. This is the latest expansion. RMAH - Real Money Auction House (no longer exists in-game) RNG - Random Number Generator SC - Softcore Mode (normal mode) SnB - Sword and Board. Means Weapon and Shield (not necessarily a sword) SR - Single Resist TDPS - Total DPS TICK - Each time that the game checks for damage on a DoT spell/ability. XP - Experience Points Chat/Interwebs Specific Acronyms AFAIK - As Far As I Know AFK - Away From Keyboard BRB - Be Right Back BF - Boyfriend DIAF - Die In A Fire FML - *Screw* my life GF - Girlfriend IG - In-Game IIRC - If I Remember Correctly IMO - In My Opinion IMHO - In My Humble/Honest Opinion IRL - In Real Life ISO - In Search Of L2P - Learn to Play LF - Looking For LF#M - Looking for # More LFG - Looking For Group OP - Original Poster PST - Please Send Tell (/w *name*) PTR - Public Test Realm QFT - Quoted For Truth QQ - Quit. Sometimes incorrectly used as "crying eyes." RTFM - Read the F#@*%&g Manual SMH - Shaking My Head TBH - To Be Honest TLDR - Too Long, Didn't Read WTS - Want To Sell WTT - Want To TradeHulktopus20 Oct 12, 2017
Mar 24, 2014 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the New Player Help forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can share (and ask for) advice for beginning or returning players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and Guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12205680807#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Lylirra1 Mar 24, 2014
Jul 8 Will reforge legendary re roll worse stats? Finally found compass rose and pig sticker but both legendaries don't have sockets and have crap stats (intelligence instead of strength). if i reforge it, is it guaranteed to re-roll better stats or is there a chance the stats will be worse? or should i just try upgrade rare to get one that has good stats?A1Jao2 Jul 8
Jul 8 Sell all items in inventory in one click Is there a button for this?A1Jao7 Jul 8
Jul 8 New Player - Need Advice and Maybe New Friends? First of all I would like to mention I have wanted this game for a long time and I am really thrilled to finally have bought it. Now logging into the game I admit I am slightly daunted by my new purchase. I do not know the classes at all, so could anyone please tell me what a good beginner class for the game might be? Keep in mind, I am not a 'thypical' gamer at all, and as a result I would prefer to not play the harder/advanced classes at all. I prefer ones with some user friendliness to them that might be easy to learn, without a huge curve. My previous gaming experience is honestly solitaire games and Facebook match 3 games, but I wanted something I can sink some time into now. Also, how can one find new friends in this game? I know there is multiplayer options, and I long to meet new people that I can spend time with and play with if possible.pikachu3 Jul 8
Jul 6 Set bonuses cause less damage Back to the game from a multi-year long break, and started a seasons character. I was excited to get my first set bonus from Sunwuko, however I immediately noticed that once equipped I was doing way, way less damage on mobs even though my damage number on my inventory panel goes up. In fact, when I removed my set helmet (and left the slot empty), my damage went back up by two orders of magnitude (i.e., 100x more damage). I tested it out more, and the issue seems to happen when I gain any set bonus, not just Sunwuko. I feel like there must be something obvious going on that I'm missing, but I can't figure it out.Mendel2 Jul 6
Jul 4 Starter Edition still not able to play with full edition? Legit, how has blizzard not found a solution to this? seriously, want to prevent gold spammers, prevent them from global chat, only let them group with people on their friends list. boom, problem solved. only let them group with people level 13 below so you don't go in their with your god-tier characters. I'm not going to sit here and make a new account, send my friends invites from a new account, because that actually *encourages* people to accept random friend invites and helps gold spammers worm their way into peoples friends list. Legit, how has blizzard gotten so bad that it takes them years with a bad design that they still can't figure out a decent solution to it. Or even let me toggle a *starter character* option on my full account.. which can only be played with other starter characters. Like Legit, how has blizzard 2010+ been so anti-new player and still stayed in business..?Perrin1 Jul 4
Jul 3 Season 17 GR Lvl 20 Accomplishment I haven't played a lot of D3 but i have really been playing this season to complete all the seasonal requirements. I have completed everything except for the GR Lvl 20 solo. My questions is: I went through all the lvls one by one up to 20 but didn't get the credit. Do i have to change to match the GR i.e., Mater, Torment I, and so on. hope I'm explaining this right. I just want to complete this season and not sure about this last challenge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!normajnelson3 Jul 3
Jun 30 clearing a GR70 non seasonal help alright so i cleared solo GR71 non seasonal with my wizard on SC in under the allotted time, got to upgrade my gems but i got no achivment for clearing it solo level 70. i was on torment 3 but in that torment level i opened a greater rift level 71, any ideas why its not working its the 2nd time ive cleared rift 71 at this point. oh and i had it on private game because i usually solo. any help would be greatly appreciatedLoaDeD1 Jun 30
Jun 30 Zoltun Kulle and Ruins of Sescheron Level 70 wizard, expert level: I have completed the campaign and have been doing some adventuring, earning bounties and visiting rifts. Zoltun Kulle wants my help and needs me to visit the Ruins of Sescheron. But I can't get there. When the game loads, I find myself in Survivors' Enclave, which seems to have no access to those ruins. How can I get to the Ruins of Sescheron and do Kulle's quest?Solipso12 Jun 30
Jun 28 Speedy Conquest What level should you do it on? Normal,T13,T16? I have watched a few videos but not sure Ty in advanceMadHobbit2 Jun 28
Jun 28 Seasonal build, 17, do set or not ? Hi players, Please help me, im confused. I started playing Seasonal character, i got 4-5 ancient items, im dealing good amount of damage because of seasonal buff: 750% more dmg for every ancient item. I wanna ask you, if its better to go SET BUILD or not. When I am searching around builds, I see only set builds. Hard to see any build for Demon Hunter which is non-set So, Whats your opinion ? Can you leave me any link or any opinion which build to go for Demon Hunter ? Thanks a lot :)Rothercy2 Jun 28
Jun 28 Legendary Power Extraction OK, I understand the general gist of the power extraction. Certain Legendaries have special powers (orange bulleted), and those can be stored in the Cube for later use, especially when the Legendary in question is too low level for practical use in end game. However, I'm unclear on some of the finer details and would appreciate any advice. 1a) If I have duplicates of the exact same Legendary, but they are of different levels (ex., Levels 25 and 40), does it matter which one I extract the power from? 1b) Is it pretty much a given that I will perform extraction on the lower level one if the higher level duplicate is Level 70 and end game viable? 2) If I have duplicates of the exact same legendary, but their bonuses (blue number within the orange text, typically a percentage) are different, should I extract the power from the one with the bigger bonus? Or is the bonus percentage for a Legendary power that has been stored in the Cube always the same?Cobaltus11 Jun 28
Jun 27 Guide on How to Farm _______! (fill in the blank) From set pieces to weapons to jewellery, every build has its required pieces. And this guide will hopefully help you get your first version. There are tricks to upgrading your pieces into the very best it can be, but if you're just starting to build, then any version will often do. This guide will require you to have the Reaper of Souls expansion pack, and you should already be levelled to 70 and working on Paragon. First, you will want to be in adventure mode. If you are playing a season, then you can just jump right in. Obviously, Seasonal characters can get a free set for completing the first four chapters of the season journey (I'm not covering this). But if the free set that season isn't what you want, you still need supporting pieces, or you got a free set, and this is a second character, then this information is more than valid. If you are playing Non Season, then at least one of your characters must have completed the campaign. And Non-Season doesn't get a free set, so farming is your way to victory! Second, you will need to collect the cube for Zoltan Kule. More information than you need here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/kanais-cube Next. Know what you want. Beginners can look at a build online and try to duplicate that. I personally like iceyveins.com however, there are many good websites out there. Also, don't just know the set, but also the accompany legendary pieces, and the cubed items as well. Since you're farming a build you may get a natural drop on a belt while you're concentrating on bracers. You never know. You will want to run regular Rifts (yellow) at as high of a difficulty as you can reasonably do in 5-8 minutes. At a minimum of Torment 1. If you are just starting out, I would recommend picking everything up for the crafting materials, however, that will likely also increase your time up to 10 minutes per rift. What you are trying to get are Death's Breaths, Forgotten Souls (from salvaging any legendary items you aren't going to use), and blood shards. It is possible to get legendary items form any enemy, chest, or breakable in the game, but you are most likely to get them from Elites, Champions, and Rift Guardians (RG). You get Deaths Breaths from Elites, Champions and RGs. You will get Blood Shards from RG only. When you are finished the rift, spend your Blood Shards on the item you want from Kadala. Most of these items will just be rare (yellow) items, but occasionally you can get a legendary or set piece directly. Then take your lvl 70 yellow pieces to the Zoltan Kule to use the cube. Use the Hope of Cain recipe to Upgrade Rare items into a legendary or set piece. It will cost you Deaths Breaths and materials from your salvaged Normal, Magical, and Rare pieces. Upgrade as many as you have materials for. Some slots have specific sub-sets. For example, If you were a wizard and wanted the Wand of Woh, you would spend at Kadala on 1-handed weapons. But if you're upgrading rare items at the cube, only a rare wand will ever have a chance of being a legendary wand like the Wand of Woh. Any other 1-handed weapons would be a waste. It is for this reason, if trying to get legendary weapons and off hand items, it often better to craft a rare lvl 70 item at the blacksmith, and upgrade those, instead of gambling blood shards. Thankfully, most of the armor won't matter, as shoulders are shoulders, and gloves are gloves, etc. When you are out of materials, go the blacksmith and salvage anything you don't need. Including useless legendary items you just got from the cube. Since items are easily farmed, I wouldn't worry much about pieces you don't need unless they are ancient. And then run another rift collecting every Deaths Breath and legendary and other needed materials you find. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. At times you will have a natural drop of a set piece. And RNG does not always favour you and give you a set piece you already have. But, don't throw that away. Compare the two pieces and take the lesser piece to the cube and use Skill of Nilfur to convert a set item. This will change the set item to another piece from the same set. But if you read the fine print you will notice that it does not work on sets of 2. So basically the jewellery-only set items don't work with this recipe. Also, when it says you will not get the same piece, what they mean is gloves will not be gloves. Gloves can turn into shoulders. And on a second attempt, those shoulders could turn back into gloves. But eventually, it will be a piece you need. Each attempt will cost you Deaths Breaths and Forgotten Souls. And that is it. It is that simple, but RNG makes it a grind. Which is kind of the point in a game like this. I would like to remind you, this guide does not tell how to improve an item. Which is why I didn't touch on bounties and special Cache materials. That's another guide for another player to write. But every season, I always hunt out my first of each gear for the build I want to play, and then worry about getting those pieces to be the best they can be. I hope this helps. Happy Hunting. and anytime someone asks how to farm their equipment, feel free to link back to this thread Edits will be made based on feedback as necessarystorytime4221 Jun 27
Jun 27 GR SURVIVAL AND OTHER QUESTIONS I'll just post this here too since no one is replying in the necro forums. One of my biggest frustrations is getting one shoted/taking so much damage that I can't react/heal in time. Right now I'm running a Rathma set. For damage reduction right now I have: The Rathma set bonus, Traveler's Pledge set, Bone Armor, and Decrepify/Daytnee's. I use those and STILL get one shot by some regular mob types and I'm moving around trying to dodge projectiles and such. My toughness is 9.4 mil standing still and about 19 mil moving around. Besides physically dodging things is there something fundamental I'm not understanding about toughness and such to improve survivability? I'm struggling with T14-16 I don't know how people do GR110+ rifts without going insane. Question 2: According to https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Cold "In Diablo III, Cold damage is used by all classes except Crusaders, often chilling or freezing its target. Critical Hits from Cold skills freeze the slain target solid, making it shatter afterwards. Note that any Cold damage hit has a chance (lower than the Proc Coefficient, though) to Chill enemy on hit." do Skeletal Archers, which are cold based, suffer from the 0 pet coefficient even though it's elemental damage? Question 3: Zei's Stone of Vengence tried Googling see two different answers, in regards to pets is the damage based on you or your pet's location, can pets proc the secondary stun? Question 4: Which legendary potion helps you the most in a pinch? I've been flip flopping between the armor and fear ones. Question 5: For Skeletal mages what's the math/difference/benefits/weaknesses? Of using Reilena's vs Scythe of the Cycle? Final TECH question: I'm on GTX1060 rig and have tried all sorts of different settings on/off with Vsync, Shadows, Fullscreen, Borderless, No Discord overlay, etc. and I still get these "stutters" or "hops" with screen jerkiness, is this a network limitation of the game being online? Or is it something with my system. Or if you have any links to answer these questions I would appreciate it. Thank youIvikdor8 Jun 27
Jun 26 ruins of sescheron i do not have sescheron way pointmisterzoggs3 Jun 26
Jun 22 Why do some creatures don't add up to the bestiary? Just killed some yetis for the first time, but nothing happened, no voice explaining the lore and no entry on my mission/bestiary list ... is it normal?jaovictus2 Jun 22
Jun 21 Can i get all necromancer achievements on adventure mode? I just recently found out about the wings you get after completing a list o achievements for necromancer, the thing is i'm almost done with chapter IV and missed some of those. Can i get the achievements later on adventure mode? (like "game of bones", "terror in the blood" etc...)?jaovictus2 Jun 21
Jun 19 Seasons Journey Guardian Of Sanctuary Guardians Of Sanctuary, Clear a t13 rift in 5 mins Can I get help with this, or do I have to do it solo?LaChill6 Jun 19
Jun 19 Season Journey hi, this is my first season. I've completed 6/6 season journey Guardian's objectives. however, the rewards aren't unlocked. Does one have to do all objectives in order? I only have 7/8 objectives completed on my "conqueror". Please help.Dquiz3 Jun 19
Jun 18 Nintendo Switch primal sand primal ancients... When do primal and primal ancients drop on the Nintendo switch? I’ve completed greater rift 70 but haven’t received any indication that they can now drop. I’m starting to think that greater rifts have to be 80+ for them to drop. I haven’t seen any and I play a lot. Did the requirements change without being told?Elysiumsoul1 Jun 18
Jun 14 Pet dependent build questions I've played several classes and currently playing around with a crusader phalanx bowmen build, and I was wondering if my bowmen's each individual attacks count as "my" attacks and will trigger certain gems (bane of the stricken) or life on hit as if they were attacks done by my crusader?hugsofdeath3 Jun 14
Jun 12 LoN question Hi everyone. The question is about the LoN build. Is it possible to use any set pieces with a LoN build? Say I have all legendaries and one piece from the Shadow's Mantle demon hunter set, would having that one piece from Shadow's Mantle negate the LoN build advantages? Thanks.Jaris2 Jun 12
Jun 8 Delete Game Hi guys. I purchased Diablo III some time ago. I play on a 256 gb ssd macbook pro, so I want to delete the game since it takes up so much space. But I do want to play the game again in the near future. Is there a way I can delete the file without deleting the purchase? So that I can play it again? Sorry, super noob here. Thank you guys. Please help <3Bensonlites2 Jun 8
Jun 7 Bounty vs Rift vs Grift? Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me the benefits of doing a bounty vs rift vs greater rift? The way I currently understand it is: (please correct me if i'm wrong) Bounty: - Mainly for Extracting and Reforging Items - Decent amount of Death Breaths and rares - Minimal blood shards/ legendaries Rift - Mainly for Legendaries, Death Breaths, - Good amount of Rares - Minimal blood shards Greater Rift - Mainly for upgrading Legendary Gem and increasing Torment -Good amount of Legendaries and rares - Most experience at same torment lvl?Budaki10 Jun 7
Jun 3 Kanai's Cube & GR Question I'm coming back to the game since 2012. Last time I played max lvl was 60. The Marketplace was still around and there wan't a adventure mode. So... I have read the tutorials on the Kanai's cube. I still have no idea how to determine what is needed. When it says insert "Gems x9" What type of gems is it referring to. Is it quantity or a certain level gem? I really wish we had some kind of output example... I must be missing something basic or stupid because I am not sure what I even do with it. I do not want to ruin any good items by messing around with it... Anyone know of a really good tutorial for this cube thing? Also, I see people talking about GR20, GR XX , what does it mean? Note: I play Wizard mostly built for ranged Cold Dmg, but also use Fire for close range swam killsWarfaire3 Jun 3
Jun 2 Completed Guardian Challenge but Rewards are not showing up. Completed Guardian Challenge but Rewards are not showing up. Now it says that the challenge is locked.Rem1 Jun 2
Jun 2 Mercy Wings If I buy Overwatch today, can I still receive the mercy wings for my Diablo 3 chars?Samaritan2 Jun 2
Jun 2 Haedrig Gift's Just returned after a 4-year absence, so I'm like a new guy. Started a seasonal character and just finished Act II, got to Act III and realized something. Where do I find the two pieces of Haedrig's armor that we're supposed to get after Acts 2/3/4? Thanks.SixSixSix9 Jun 2
May 31 Season 17 Rewards I am missing "Old Growth", from finishing chapter IV rewards. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, first time I have used a forum.W4rCr4ftL4dy4 May 31
May 29 after a season ends can you keep all your stuff Hi i was wondering after a season ends do your items get transferred to a non seasonal character or do you just lose it all sorry ii havent played in 2 yearsMrbiscuits2 May 29
May 29 Movement Maxed? Additional Move Speed shows 25% from my Paragon Points, but does NOT show the added 12% from my Boots. Shouldn't it read 37%? So don't know if it's being reflected in my character's speed. ThanksSirTnxAlot4 May 29
May 29 Maximize Greed Vault Treasure I seem to collect lots of Puzzle Rings so I've played around with using them for quite awhile. I generally use them while in public games if I'm with a group that I'm enjoying for a few games. I've used Goldskin, Boon of the Hoarder (L50 for 100%), and Gladiator Gauntlets, but after $15 Trillion in my stash I enjoy helping others run more than doing it myself. There is one thing I've found most players, even seasoned ones, don't realize - the end game. Yes, you can go in and kill Greed in 1.5 seconds, but why? The loot in the chest is minimal. Try this sometime, dismiss your follower, stop all pets, tag Greed on the foot, then step back and relax. As long as you can handle his damage, don't kill him right away. At one point he will rain gold down from the sky all over the floor. He will chase you and run into walls. He's kind of stupid and stuns himself every time he does that. During that process a goblin will pop out of his back pack and land behind him. That's what you're waiting for. Kill the little goblin and there's a hoard of loot scattered around. Pick it up and wait for the next goblin to drop. He'll do this 4 or 5 times (in 50 plus runs I've never seen 6). It seems to be triggered by his falling health level in 20% increments, but it's not exact. Once he hits a wall 4+ times without a goblin drop, he's done. Enjoy!!drkenrich8 May 29
May 28 LoN Help.. Hi, How many ancient pieces would you need for any LoN build to outdamaged a full inarius(for example) set? Thanks.CemKaya2 May 28
May 23 Do you need a Power Level? Hey Everyone I am an aspiring NA streamer looking to make a name for myself and offer my skills to anyone who is needs it. I am a professional Hardcore Season power leveler I have helped hundreds of people get to level 70 and some gear on top of that. Whether you are paragon 1000 or never played before I will get you to 70. - Get to 0-70 in 15-20 minutes - Additional T10 full clear rifts to get you some gear - Hangout have some fun! - Live on twitch.tv **Requirements from you** - Drop a follow on my twitch at twitch.tv/zeroskillsgaming - Watch or lurk in my stream during your power level - Play on PC NA servers If you feel like you want to skip the grind and get a power level from me join my discord and @ me in the diablo 3 channel! discord.gg/h3r3nS7 I hope to see you there!ZeroSkillsTV0 May 23
May 22 New Player Help Plz I just finished Diablo 3 campaign a few days ago and I really want to understand the avtenture mode gameplay. I don't understand the steps I must to in order to level up a new seasonal character (crusader) through adventure mode. I have seen a lot of videos but not understand the steps, crafting and gambling with the cube and kandala in order to get an easier and faster leveling experience to 70. Also what should I do when i hit 70? I just leveled up my monk to 70 that I played the campaign through. What's next for my level 70 monk? And what should I do with my new level 1 seasonal crusader?DarkImpulser3 May 22
May 22 Clearing GR20 with Monk (New player) Hi all, First of all, I would like to say that I am completely new to Diablo 3. I play with a group of friends who have ranked at the top of the server in season 16 and I started playing this season (Monk) on their recommendation. However, I have been doing nothing but piggy-backing on their game progressions and I am not at the point where I have to beat GR20 by myself to unlock the last 2 items of the sunwuko set. I have read guides on starter builds for this set but even those require certain items to make the build work and honestly I have no idea what to do. As I said before, my friends have been carrying me up to level 70 so I haven't had the chance to learn the game properly, but I would like to start now. The build I am looking at is: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-wave-of-light-build-with-sunwuko-or-inna-set-patch-2-6-5-season-17 A few questions Can some of these items in the guide be replaced with others? If so, what should I be looking for in terms of stats? Are there alternative builds that I can easily get my hands on through crafting / blood shards? Is there an even more beginner build that I should be working with just to get used to the game? Any general tips / rule of thumb advice that I can carry with me as I progress in terms of item builds? Thanks in advance. I really want commit to this game and play it the right way and efficiently so any help is much appreciated. It's definitely a new genre for me that I have to get used to as I am mainly an FPS player.esseun23 May 22
May 20 Seasonal Hero, Adventure/vs Campaign? big noob here I need to complete the compaign to unluck adventure mode, but for seasonal characters it is possible to start adventure mode right away. As a complete noob with nothing on the account, is it possible to create a seasonal character, level it up to 70 and get items in the adventure mode, then switch to campaign mode and rush through it, and thereby unluck adventure mode for all characters?Gused4 May 20
May 20 Season characters I really don’t understand the season system. The reason comes from the forum. I just read some posts where players said : i was lvl 11, at Torment difficulty lvl 1. So, the character’s level is 11 but that’s too low, right ? So is it parangon lvl ? I started a new season character and I’m still lvl 13 (not parangon, just the beginning of act 1) so how ppl can get their character at max lvl now ? The new season started 2 days ago only ! Hardcore players who can spend all the time playing ?Shigu4 May 20
May 19 Font size increase / make UI bigger? So I just bought D3 last night and most of the font and UI is SO TINY. I found an option to increase the chat box size to font size level 20, which just BARELY makes it legible enough to discern easily. For everything else I have to squint hard, which is not good for a long game of this nature. I'm using a 32" TV as my PC monitor and the native resolution is 1360x768, and the TV is in my bedroom and id say about a good 6 to 7 ft away. So I'm asking is there's any way to make the UI bigger, or even just the font size? If there is no way to adjust it in-game, either via some obscure menu option or adjusting an .ini file, ill gladly take a third party mod that would do the same thing, like thats that's fine too, its just that the font size and the UI overall is so small as to make it borderline unreadable and unplayable unless I want to damage my eyes by having the game like 2 ft in front of me :( Its frustrating because I love this type of game and there are loads of UI customization options for the company's flagship title but this seems like a completely different take and a bit hostile to accessibility. Example: WoW has colorblind options, but D3 doesn't? Seems odd. Thanks for reading in any case :/itv4 May 19
May 19 Gift troubles I am new to seasons and can't seem to get the armor set from season 16. Played the entire story mode and beat it but I checked my in game mailbox Friday and didn't see it. Please help. If it makes any difference I am playing on the PS4. Thanks for the help.TannimWolf2 May 19
May 18 How does Challenge Rift work, and when to go for it? I took a long break from Diablo 3, and so I see there is a Challenge Rift button for us to use. I watched some videos on YouTube and none are answering the questions I got: 1) Can you do a Challenge Rift from level 1, and if so is it optimal to do it soon for leveling? 2) The items you have on you are "given" for the time you do that Challenge Rift? Is that it? 3) What is the main reason to do a Challenge Rift in the first place? 4) It's a ONE time only thing, right? Once you run a successful run, it disapear for the period of the season, right? Pretty easy questions for you to answer I suppose, but I trully don't know the answers. Thanks for your help.DiGG8 May 18
May 17 Cashing in your Challenge Rift Cache I've completed the challenge rift, logged to my S16 champ & opened the cache when I could have waited to open it on my new lvl1 S17 champ. Please tell me if there is a way to start clean? Like re-do the challenge once S17 starts tonight after creating my new lvl1 S17 champ?Drakonyte3 May 17
May 13 Did not recieve gear or lvls from s16? Did not recieve gear or paragon to off seasonal hero. I only had the seasonal char untill today when i created a hero and i did not get a mail with all the gear, regents, gold, paragon etc. Tried searching Youtube and forum for the answer but cant seem to find anything on this. Did i creat my off seasonal toon too late or can i still get my stuff back?Snus1 May 13
May 13 Upgrading ancient wep downgraded to tier 1 type zz So i finally got Shenlongs Relentless Assault. Just made character. I used a lvl 35 leg gem x3 flawless royal emerald and my Relentless Assault...hit transmute.....and I got shenlongs relentless assault back with a whopping 392.0 dmg when it was 2,389 dmg. 826 dex when it was 856 dex, 934 vit when it was 964, reduce cooldowns of 7% stayed same, +150 dex (Caldesanns despair rank 30). My question is why did the main dmg go down over 2k and is this worth even using now? Is first time I've done legendary ancient upgrade. Is the other dmg hidden in the weapon? Any advice appreciated. Thanks. I did enchant to get base dmg but will this happen if I upgrade again and if I do upgrade again, do they stack? Ie I do another dex upgrade will I have 2 bonus stats or will it just replace the first?FireKrystals6 May 13
May 11 Season question Hi. I just started playing Diablo 3 with a new season barbarian. Is the season nearly over or did it just start ? What date does the seasons usually reset and should I give up my barbarian if the season is close to resetting ? Thanks all. By the way the barbarian is my first character and I wanted to get some armor and wings LULAnthony71 May 11
May 7 How do I identify secret items found How do I identify secret items foundstellarflare1 May 7
May 5 Rifts Anyone feel like running me and a friend through high lvl rifts, we're stuck in the 20sWhistleDixie4 May 5
May 5 Help me achieve "Come to Heal" Is there any person(s) among you that might be willing to AFK in town for me as I heal you overnight for the "Come to Heal" achievement? I only played Monk to get a feel for it, and also to complete achievements, and this one is taking waay too long. I so far am 25% in. I could coordinate w/ any volunteers.Ghost5 May 5