New Player Help

Oct 12, 2017 Acronyms - The Definitive List plus Definitions! I got tired of searching for acronyms all over the forums, so I created this ongoing, living post that I will be editing as I find new acronyms. Please feel free to comment if I've missed something or made some typos. It's a long list, but CTRL+F is your friend! Class and Stat Acronyms BARB - Barbarian DH - Demon Hunter CRU - Crusader (see also SADER) MONK - Monk SADER - Crusader WD - Witch Doctor WIZ - Wizard STR - Strength (primary stat for CRU and BARB) DEX - Dexterity (primary stat for DH and MONK) INT - Intelligence (primary stat for WIZ and WD) VIT - Vitality (stat for all classes) Game-Specific Acronyms 1H - 1-Handed Weapon 2h - 2-Handed Weapon AD - Additive Damage AH - Auction House (no longer exists in-game) APS - Attacks per Second AR - All Resist (see also RA) BIS - Best in Slot BLIZZ - Blizzard (Company) or Blizzard (WIZ spell) BoA - Bound on Account BoP - Bound on Pickup BUFF - Increase in stats or Increase in effectiveness (in patches) CC - Crowd Control or Critical Chance (see also CHC) CDR - Cooldown Reduction CHC - Critical Hit Chance CD - Critical Damage (see also CHD) or Cooldown CHD - Critical Hit Damage DM - Damage Multiplier DoT - Damage over Time DPS - Damage Per Second = AD x DM DW - Dual Weapon/Dual Wield EE - Exquisite Essence (Crafting material) EHP - Effective health pool EMP - Efficient Mana Points FoS - Feat of Strength GAH - Gold Auction House (no longer exists in-game) GF - Gold Find % GG - Godly gear/Good Game GRIFT - Greater Rift HC - Hardcore Mode HM - Health Multiplier IAS - Increased attack speed IT - Iridescent Tears (Crafting material) LOH - Life on Hit LOS - Line of Sight LAK - Life After Kill LS - Life Steal MF - Magic Find % MH - Main Hand MP(#) - Monster Power (LVL) MpK - Mana per Kill MR - Mana Regeneration NERF - Term used when the developers make something less effective. OH - Off Hand OOM - Out of Mana OP - Overpowered PL - Paragon Level PROC - Programmed Random Occurence PoR - Pool of Reflection PuR - Pick up Radius RA - Resist All (see also AR) RES - Resistance RoS - Reaper of Souls. This is the latest expansion. RMAH - Real Money Auction House (no longer exists in-game) RNG - Random Number Generator SC - Softcore Mode (normal mode) SnB - Sword and Board. Means Weapon and Shield (not necessarily a sword) SR - Single Resist TDPS - Total DPS TICK - Each time that the game checks for damage on a DoT spell/ability. XP - Experience Points Chat/Interwebs Specific Acronyms AFAIK - As Far As I Know AFK - Away From Keyboard BRB - Be Right Back BF - Boyfriend DIAF - Die In A Fire FML - *Screw* my life GF - Girlfriend IG - In-Game IIRC - If I Remember Correctly IMO - In My Opinion IMHO - In My Humble/Honest Opinion IRL - In Real Life ISO - In Search Of L2P - Learn to Play LF - Looking For LF#M - Looking for # More LFG - Looking For Group OP - Original Poster PST - Please Send Tell (/w *name*) PTR - Public Test Realm QFT - Quoted For Truth QQ - Quit. Sometimes incorrectly used as "crying eyes." RTFM - Read the F#@*%&g Manual SMH - Shaking My Head TBH - To Be Honest TLDR - Too Long, Didn't Read WTS - Want To Sell WTT - Want To TradeHulktopus20 Oct 12, 2017
Oct 1, 2016 [TIPS] RoS Followers (lvl.70) complete guide Introduction - A few things to know 1. Templar 1-1. Templar Stats 1-2. Templar Templates 2. Scoundrel 2-1. Scoundrel Stats 2-2. Scoundrel Templates 3. Enchantress 3-1. Enchantress Stats 3-2. Enchantress Templates 4. Legendary items (with followers proc) list 4.1. Weapons 4.1.a. One-Handed 4.1.a.1 Axes 4.1.a.2 Daggers 4.1.a.3 Maces 4.1.a.4 Swords 4.1.b. Two-Handed 4.1.b.1 Axes 4.1.b.2 Maces 4.1.b.3 Staves 4.1.b.4 Swords 4.1.b.5 Bows 4.1.b.6 Xbows 4.2. Shields 4.3. Jewelry 4.3.a. Amulets 4.3.b. Rings 4.4. Follower Special 4.4.a. Enchantress Focuses 4.4.b. Scoundrel Tokens 4.4.c. Templar Relics 5. Unity & Immortal follower combo 6. How do I gear my followers ? 6-1. Finding equipment 6-2. Enchanting 6-3. Gems 7. Ashera’s set. 8. So... Wich follower must i choose ? 9. LinksAshTag138 Oct 1, 2016
Mar 24, 2014 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the New Player Help forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can share (and ask for) advice for beginning or returning players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and Guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12205680807#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Lylirra1 Mar 24, 2014
1m Tome set dungeon -page 86 hello guys, I am now stuck in Slayer quest (seasonal) called "set me free" The page said "...portal is completed, it hidden at candle lit near ancient temple.." please show me how to get there -Thanks!cubeo71110 1m
10m Can't get any further in Greater Rifts and new to game I posted a thread in Demon Hunter forum that I am struggling with GR 62 because I keep getting instakilled by elite enemies more now then regular ones and people used confusing terms like cube or roll it and there is no glossary here that explains all those terms. I can't find the armor people tell to find and don't have a clue about whether or not the cube can be used to craft it. There isn't a tutorial anywhere on how to beat GR 1-70 and what items to use. I have only been playing for a couple of months and don't understand a lot.bradhig110 10m
20m When do you know it's time to step up the difficulty level? Hey all, So I came back to D3 this past week and made a new WW Barb for grinding. I've never been a serious player of this game, nor have I progressed very far. Real quick my rough numbers are (best recollection) 650k dps, 10.5M toughness, and around 600k recovery. Anyways, not to bore you with meaningless details... I read that it's time to increase difficulty when you're running GR's in less than 4 to 5 minutes. So while I'm having an easy time at T4 (never died, WW cuts thru mobs like butter and elites/bosses/key wardens don't take much longer) I am still running GR's in the 6-7 minute time frame. I go pretty much as fast as I can. My run speed is 20% so I assume that's okay. Do you all have a sure fire method of knowing when to advance your difficulty? Thanks!sucka6 20m
8h Season reward and armor farming okay, hello, i am a necro who claimed my seasonal gear on wizard so i can't claim it on necro. and without it it's hard to farm items. i got my primary and off hand from kadala but is there any way to get my seasonal on my necro or to get the gear i need fast...Genji1 8h
11h Terrible game for terrible franchise Don't recommend this game to anyone. It's a let downRainqt5 11h
18h Set me free portal bug Why the portals of the dungeons doesn't appear? Also i have 6 pieces rathmas's bonesahmedmorsi2 18h
20h About rerolling Weapon Properties... Just looking for some clarification on rerolling weapon properties: I have a weapon with the following properties: Fire Dmg +Str +Vit Life after Kill Cooldown Reduction Can Life After Kill be rerolled to +10% dmg? If not, what can property of this weapon could potentially yield +10% dmg?KamehameBWAH2 20h
1d How do I start the season quest? I just hit 70 and I am trying to start the seasons quest. I cant find what I need to do to start it.Amicus4 1d
1d Had Wings Of Valor Had Wings Of Valor then it went missing, I should of reported this sooner but, This is not apart of the item Restoration link they offer. This was an item given for pre-ordering and using the game key for first Exp. I read other posts on this issue and the replys but I still don't see it when I go to the mirror portal thing to view wings and pets. im not a new player. ive played sense game came out/ D1 and D2 as well... So Like I said I had it for a year then signed on one time and it was missing, tho I see other people using the wings of Valor. so I know it wasn't a ditched item that Blizzard got rid of. is there any way to gift it back to me? idk how its gonna re-appear. any help would be great. Thank you.GodsHand4 1d
2d Wardobe Saves Skills? Does the Wardrobe save skill and talent selections, so that we can quickly and easily switch between builds? I have several sets of armor for themed necromancer builds, like thorns, blood golem + devour with legendary, D2 classic style, and death knight poison type, and I would like to find out and share the intel with other forum-dwellers on whether the skills get swapped out when you save a wardrobe and reload it.zer02 2d
2d Reforging Getting back into D3 and I have a question. If I've modified my weapon and used Ramalandi's Gift onit. If I reforge it in the cube in hopes to get better roles/ancient, will I lose that socket/extra affix? ThanksJekate1 2d
2d Most efficient way of getting legendary/set items? Just getting back into D3 and wondered the best way to go about farming for better gear. seen plenty of youtube videos on multiple types of builds but few tips on how to get the gear in those builds.AckFish0819 2d
2d How can I report the cheater? I found a cheater in Asia server battletag : 金鋼芭比#4900 he use ros-bot 24/7/365 there's no way to report cheater in asia server homepage so how can i report cheaters? thanksvan1 2d
3d Ancient or Legendary So i'm playing a condemned akkhan crusader build and i have a legendary furnace and a ancient furnace, now the ancient furnace has way better stats but the legendary skill on the ancient only does 41% percent damage to elites while the legendary furnace does 50% damage to elites but worse stats, playing as a condemned akkhan crusader should i use the ancient or legendary? and if i shouldn't use the ancient should i just reforge till i get a better one?Skykoko3 3d
3d just returned and playing non seas just got back into the game and looking for friends with mics who wanna do rifts, grifts etc just looking for some fun people to hang out with battle tag- zero#11545zero0 3d
4d Haedrig's gift Is this gift only available to seasonal heroes? The mail doesnt come up on my regular character. Im pretty new to this what is the goal of this game and what is the route people normally take? Whats the point of seasonal if you lose all your progress?Faith3 4d
4d Using the Cube... When you run an object through the Cube, at the end it asks you if you "accept". But I've never been able to figure out how to say "No, I don't like what you did and I want my old gear back". I'm assuming that if you can refuse to "accept" that you will probably lose the mats invested in the attempted change--or would it take another set of mats to put the gear back in its original shape? And I realize that I could Cube the gear again to change what the first did--I'm trying to find out if there is a way to not accept the original change made...NMJenny13 4d
5d How do you unlock/change your set dungeon? Title sums up the question. Do you have to go through each set dungeon sequentially? Or is there a weekly or bi-weekly rotation they go through? Asking because I'm a terrible player and I'm stuck on the one I've got currently, heh.HeroicSteak2 5d
5d Returning Player Old player, new account. Haven't touched PC since the release on console. I am coming back with a vengeance. Looking for players, guilds, communities the like. Looking forward to playing with you all. Nikon#11973nikon0 5d
Nov 6 How do i identify items? So i just bought Diablo 3 (liking it so far) and i found 2 items which is unidentified and i am wondering how to identify them.toadmario8 Nov 6
Nov 2 Can someone explain Affixes/Prefixes/Suffixes? I have tried looking but I cannot find a straight answer about the difference between these three. Can someone explain to me please?Hexen6664 Nov 2
Nov 2 My account restart everything. I created a character on a PC using the MAC os but when transferred to a PC using Windown os. My account is empty, no character and restart everything.Warthog2 Nov 2
Oct 31 Running through campaign on seasonal Hi i am looking for someone to possible help me run through the campaign on seasonal.Hellz2 Oct 31
Oct 29 How do I start an ordinary game? Hi, I'm a casual player. I have no interest in multiplayer or seasons or whatnot. I just want to go through the campaign, that's all. I had finished the game once before when it was new, but haven't played more than a couple hours once in a blue moon since. So today I fired up the game for the first time in a long time I rolled a new character on normal And lo and behold I have hundreds of thousands of gold in my inventory. And I don't take much damage when I fight - I haven't noticed the health bar decreasing even once, never mind dying. I may have just missed it somehow though. Well, my 8-year old self would have been quite happy, but right now this is no fun. How do I start an ordinary game without the gold from my previous characters, and that presents at least a small challenge on normal difficulty like it used to when the game was new?MadMinstrel12 Oct 29
Oct 29 This name contains restricted or inappropriate words I'm trying to name my character "Viola". Please explain why I can't do this.KSib8 Oct 29
Oct 28 Damage Fluctuate when I start running my damage gets doubled but when I stand still it gets half, what's wrong with my hero? If you look at my profile this happen with Henry thanksHoomanchief3 Oct 28
Oct 26 Cant enter battle.net Cant enter Battle.netWAYNO3 Oct 26
Oct 26 Spear user like Amazon in D2 Is there a character that would be the closest to a spear master, or polearm master like the Amazon in D2?demontrace2 Oct 26
Oct 25 Greater Rift for new players (explaining greater rifts). Since patch 2.1 came out a lot of people have been asking about "Greater Rifts", how to enter then, what are they, are they useful for getting gear... etc. etc. I'll try my best to make this as short as possible. ▶ Greater Rifts: Higher level of Nephalem Rift, designed to provide an end game play mode with progressively increasing difficultly, and rewards to match. To enter the Greater Rift you need to acquire the "Keystone of Trials" dropped by normal rift bosses. When you have the key go to any town and find the Nephalem Obelisk, place your keystone into it and start your trial. After your trial you'll get the Greater Rift Keystone. When completing a Greater Rift "Urshi" will spawn and give you the choice to upgrade a legendary gem or to upgrade your greater rift keystone, the faster you complete the greater rift the bigger the upgrade. Greater Rifts have to be completed within 15 minutes in order to advance (upgrade rift keystone). "The higher the difficulty the better the rewards." The legendary item drop chance is bigger in Greater Rifts, therefore it's worth running for the gear. In one Greater Rift I got 4 legendary items in less than 7 minutes, here are the pictures if you need proof. (http://imgur.com/a/ZO5yX) You cannot change your gear whilst in the Greater Rift and there are no gold drops. Legendary gems drop from Greater Rift bosses.That's about it. If I missed anything or if you have a question, ask me in the comment section. Here's some gameplay from my first run: http://youtu.be/AUIc3u5-nuY VIirus12 Oct 25
Oct 25 Your items are indestructible! Bug or Feature? I have this in the cube from some Spauldrons or other. However it recently ceased to work despite being chosen. Can this be due to game feature I have not discovered or is it a bug? Also, how do I get on track here to my Wizard Davidii EU server? Clicking on Meditek shows some old Barbar from years back.MEDITEK2 Oct 25
Oct 25 Deleting Character(s) What is the procedure for deleting ?TangoLima6 Oct 25
Oct 24 Greater Nephalem Rifts Greater Nephalem Rifts : I play D3 every day. I really enjoy the game. I have a lvl 70 Necromancer trying to complete season 15. I have completed 11 out of 12 of the tasks to do so. I am having a hard time reaching lvl 20 solo of the greater nephalem rift. When I complete that, I will complete the game and receive the last pieces of my new uniform. I started at level 13 solo and have reached lvl 16. I need help on what Torment level to set my weapons (scythes) at and any other suggestions you can give me. For example what are the best choices for me to use in slots 1-4 as well as what weapons and runes to use. Thanks in advance for any help.Narius14 Oct 24
Oct 24 Season help I just started on a counsel system. II stopped playing on PC back when they first created seasons. How do I enter a season or know if I am in one ?Snow3 Oct 24
Oct 23 Which char got the achievement Hello Since achievements are account-wide, is there any way to find out which character was the achievement done with? I mean those general ones like 'Dye an item' or 'Read all books'. Thanksjoval1 Oct 23
Oct 23 Seasonal "differences" ? Just wondering what other differences are in a Season (Seasonal Characters) besides the Haedrig's Gift and Achievements... While both of those are fun to get, I'm wondering if there are any other differences in Seasons, as in: » ln D2 there were multiple 'drops' that ONLY 'dropped' on Seasonal/Ladder Characters » In D2 there were Runes or Recipes that were ONLY available on Season/Ladder Characters Are these types of differences in D3, too? Or is it Haedrig's Gift (awesome set stuff) and the Achievements/Pets/etc that are the only difference for Seasons? Thanks for any input for an old/new player, hehTesityr3 Oct 23
Oct 22 Free Seasonal Uber Carries (Your Machines) Bring your infernal machines! Will carry you for hellfire crafting mats. Takes around 2 minutes to clear all four of the bosses and will go for as long as you want (so bring lots of machines!)Twisted1 Oct 22
Oct 22 Help with reading build guide!!!! K I played through story mode once with a Wizard, so I'm not new, and coming from D2 the game made sense to me. I'm just starting season 15 now. I wanted to be as OP as possible, so I watched Rhykker's video on the best builds for season 15. I choose the Condemn Crusader, with Akkhan's. Looking through the build, it's showing that the paragon point are to be allotted like this. Core: Movement Speed up to 25% cap Strength Vitality Maximum Wrath (up to personal preference) Offense: Cooldown Reduction Critical Hit Damage Critical Hit Chance Attack Speed Defense: All Resistance Life % Armor Life Regeneration Utility: Area Damage Resource Cost Reduction Life on Hit Gold Find Which ones are priority? Here's the link to the Icy Veins guide if you wanna see the the legit table. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/akkhan-condemn-crusader-bis-gear-gems-paragon-pointsTylerHLaw6 Oct 22
Oct 20 Can my Wizard use a crossbow? If so how? Please help! Hey guys. New to game. I played a DH to Paragon 480. Wanting to play new Wizard with seasonal character. My Wizard can carry a crossbow but I can't for the life of me figure out how to assign it to my "Primary" attack button. I've read various things talk about enabling a "weapons set 2" slot and I've read about having "elective mode" enabled. The problem is specifically I can't figure out how to get it to work. I love the crossbow and I love the Wizard. What am I doing wrong?SEPTERHED5 Oct 20
Oct 19 How to be a successful ARPG player? Please excuse my ignorance on the subject, but I'm impressed by people that can switch from being good at a simple game like Diablo 3, and then successfully transition to more complicated titles such as POE. Personally I have a difficult time picking up POE because I am a bit overwhelmed by the massive skill tree. I got around to what I believe was the seventh or eighth act and then I just hit a wall, my fighter was way too squishy and I couldn't figure out why. My question is, what are the key points that you have to know to succeed in ARPG games? do you have to prioritise health/vitality over the other stats? always have good gems equipped in your sockets? always be able to chain your abilities to do the most AOE damage possible? I don't have much of an IQ for this genre of game yet but I want to be better. What are some tips I can take across different titles?Hexen6661 Oct 19
Oct 18 Different numbers why the damage, toughness and recovery in the game is different than you see here, In the game it actually shows doubleHoomanchief7 Oct 18
Oct 15 Sub account Haedrigs gift So I just claimed all of my haedrigs gifts and I went to go claim my wife's on her sub account and now the redeem reward option is not available. I know its one per account but does that count for sub accounts as well? Thank youLetholdus3 Oct 15
Oct 15 HAEDRIGS GIFT ON SUB ACCOUNTS Me and my wife play and hers is a sub account. I already claimed mine a couple days before hers was ready. Now that she's done the objectives we cant figure out how to redeem the gift on her account. I go into options and go to the gift but there's no redeem option. I know it's only one per account but does that count for sub accounts as well?Letholdus1 Oct 15
Oct 15 boon of hoarding not dropping Hi I cant get boon of hoarding to drop on my seasonal character. I have checked all jewelry and my followers and it is not there. Even tried removing gems at jeweler just in case it was a graphics glitch....to no avail. Also...the gem does not appear in the list to upgrade after running a GRift. I sort of remember getting the gem on another new char in the vault (not sure if seasonal or reg play), but I deleted this char just in case (did not see the gem on the char anyway). New to the seasonal play, so apologies if I have missed some pertinent info. Im at the point where I need to get the gold streak conquest and sort of wanted to give it a try doing cows. Thanks in advance, mooozamys3 Oct 15
Oct 10 Played the game ocassionally. Good day everyone, like the tittle says, I have played the game once in a while. Leveled one WD to max and that’s it. I have no idea what to do, how to enhance the character, etc. Is there any guide out there that explains the game in depth? (Played only WoW, now I want to play this one more) CheersSnarkyGoblin2 Oct 10
Oct 9 No Haedrig's Gift set pieces receivced I am a new seasonal player and I finished all four chapters and got no set pieces from it. How do I get the pieces? Where do they show up at? My Seasonal Progress shows that I earned them but I cant find them anywhere. What is the mailbox business I have seen in some of the posts I have looked at trying to find some information on this Seasonal play thing. More complete information in the Guide would be nice to see also. It needs to state clearly about when and where and how you receive the set pieces.gap3 Oct 9
Oct 9 Hold my hand please I’m lost and need someone to hold my hand. I just started playing again after a very long time. I’m a crusader 70/776 and I’m curious about gear upgrades. Do I just keep running GRs to find better equipment or just keep using the cube? Also I’ve seen some people using weapons that do 20k damage. How do I get one of those?shiverman3 Oct 9
Oct 9 Normal for Seasonal Greater Rifts to be harder? Hi all, I'm a late comer to playing seasonal toons. My question is about Greater Rift difficulty compared to regular Nephalim Rifts. I've completed the first three chapters of Season 15 and most of chapter 4. My monk is equipped with four pieces of the Ancient kit that you get for Season 15 with Legendary kit filling out the rest. I ran some Greater Rifts with a higher ranked player (thanks Wrinkle!) and levelled a molten wildebeest's gizzard so it's generating pretty good health for me. I ran some Nephalim Rifts to get some keys and started on Greater Rifts on Torment 1. Disaster. I got one-shotted and didn't scratch the demons. So I decreased difficulty and tried again with the same result. I eventually got to Normal difficulty and got one-shotted again. So my question is, is this normal? Are Greater Rifts in a Season just that much harder? I run them with my non-season toons and this doesn't happen. Thanks in advance.ShadowStorm4 Oct 9