New Player Help

Oct 12 Acronyms - The Definitive List plus Definitions! I got tired of searching for acronyms all over the forums, so I created this ongoing, living post that I will be editing as I find new acronyms. Please feel free to comment if I've missed something or made some typos. It's a long list, but CTRL+F is your friend! Class and Stat Acronyms BARB - Barbarian DH - Demon Hunter CRU - Crusader (see also SADER) MONK - Monk SADER - Crusader WD - Witch Doctor WIZ - Wizard STR - Strength (primary stat for CRU and BARB) DEX - Dexterity (primary stat for DH and MONK) INT - Intelligence (primary stat for WIZ and WD) VIT - Vitality (stat for all classes) Game-Specific Acronyms 1H - 1-Handed Weapon 2h - 2-Handed Weapon AD - Additive Damage AH - Auction House (no longer exists in-game) APS - Attacks per Second AR - All Resist (see also RA) BIS - Best in Slot BLIZZ - Blizzard (Company) or Blizzard (WIZ spell) BoA - Bound on Account BoP - Bound on Pickup BUFF - Increase in stats or Increase in effectiveness (in patches) CC - Crowd Control or Critical Chance (see also CHC) CDR - Cooldown Reduction CHC - Critical Hit Chance CD - Critical Damage (see also CHD) or Cooldown CHD - Critical Hit Damage DM - Damage Multiplier DoT - Damage over Time DPS - Damage Per Second = AD x DM DW - Dual Weapon/Dual Wield EE - Exquisite Essence (Crafting material) EHP - Effective health pool EMP - Efficient Mana Points FoS - Feat of Strength GAH - Gold Auction House (no longer exists in-game) GF - Gold Find % GG - Godly gear/Good Game GRIFT - Greater Rift HC - Hardcore Mode HM - Health Multiplier IAS - Increased attack speed IT - Iridescent Tears (Crafting material) LOH - Life on Hit LOS - Line of Sight LAK - Life After Kill LS - Life Steal MF - Magic Find % MH - Main Hand MP(#) - Monster Power (LVL) MpK - Mana per Kill MR - Mana Regeneration NERF - Term used when the developers make something less effective. OH - Off Hand OOM - Out of Mana OP - Overpowered PL - Paragon Level PROC - Programmed Random Occurence PoR - Pool of Reflection PuR - Pick up Radius RA - Resist All (see also AR) RES - Resistance RoS - Reaper of Souls. This is the latest expansion. RMAH - Real Money Auction House (no longer exists in-game) RNG - Random Number Generator SC - Softcore Mode (normal mode) SnB - Sword and Board. Means Weapon and Shield (not necessarily a sword) SR - Single Resist TDPS - Total DPS TICK - Each time that the game checks for damage on a DoT spell/ability. XP - Experience Points Chat/Interwebs Specific Acronyms AFAIK - As Far As I Know AFK - Away From Keyboard BRB - Be Right Back BF - Boyfriend DIAF - Die In A Fire FML - *Screw* my life GF - Girlfriend IG - In-Game IIRC - If I Remember Correctly IMO - In My Opinion IMHO - In My Humble/Honest Opinion IRL - In Real Life ISO - In Search Of L2P - Learn to Play LF - Looking For LF#M - Looking for # More LFG - Looking For Group OP - Original Poster PST - Please Send Tell (/w *name*) PTR - Public Test Realm QFT - Quoted For Truth QQ - Quit. Sometimes incorrectly used as "crying eyes." RTFM - Read the F#@*%&g Manual SMH - Shaking My Head TBH - To Be Honest TLDR - Too Long, Didn't Read WTS - Want To Sell WTT - Want To TradeHulktopus20 Oct 12
Oct 1, 2016 [TIPS] RoS Followers (lvl.70) complete guide Introduction - A few things to know 1. Templar 1-1. Templar Stats 1-2. Templar Templates 2. Scoundrel 2-1. Scoundrel Stats 2-2. Scoundrel Templates 3. Enchantress 3-1. Enchantress Stats 3-2. Enchantress Templates 4. Legendary items (with followers proc) list 4.1. Weapons 4.1.a. One-Handed 4.1.a.1 Axes 4.1.a.2 Daggers 4.1.a.3 Maces 4.1.a.4 Swords 4.1.b. Two-Handed 4.1.b.1 Axes 4.1.b.2 Maces 4.1.b.3 Staves 4.1.b.4 Swords 4.1.b.5 Bows 4.1.b.6 Xbows 4.2. Shields 4.3. Jewelry 4.3.a. Amulets 4.3.b. Rings 4.4. Follower Special 4.4.a. Enchantress Focuses 4.4.b. Scoundrel Tokens 4.4.c. Templar Relics 5. Unity & Immortal follower combo 6. How do I gear my followers ? 6-1. Finding equipment 6-2. Enchanting 6-3. Gems 7. Ashera’s set. 8. So... Wich follower must i choose ? 9. LinksAshTag138 Oct 1, 2016
Mar 24, 2014 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the New Player Help forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can share (and ask for) advice for beginning or returning players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and Guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12205680807#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Lylirra1 Mar 24, 2014
3h Goblin gang Ok im kinda new still and got one question, whats the quickest way to kill 12 goblins when playing by youself? Im a necromancer lvl 70 para 82 i think. Found 18 goblins in like 2 hours. 12 were togther in rift and was like whoa hell yeah! I got 7 out of the 12. I want them all! Any advice be great! If any goblin hunters out there, im looking for hunters and some help killing them all. Just add me!GhostPants3 3h
1d Confused :/ I was playing the Campaign, got to about level 15 or so solo and things seemed ok. Then someone messaged me asking if I wanted to level to 70, I thought why not? WTF, it only took 10 mins! Anyway, I ended up with insanely good gear compared to what I had and all my skills and runes unlocked.... so I was expecting to be able to steam roll the campaign content. But it's not the case... I seem to be just as good as I was when I was level 15. My damage seems to be !@#$, even with my awesome gear for my level (and I'm on Normal difficulty). What's going on? Also, I noticed I can't level any higher than level 70. So what's the point of the game now? I have all skills and runes unlocked, can't level any more? I feel like I totally just cheated my way to completing the game, yet my character sucks balls halfway through Act 1.Brunowa5 1d
2d Griswold's Scribblings How do I use Griswold's Scribblings? I picked up 2 of the same page.RedX1 2d
4d DEMON Hunters & Daggers Demon Hunter... What is the pupose of getting a legendary dagger for a demon hunter?RedX1 4d
4d Ancient Item Farming Advice sought for ancient item farming for wizard, locations, modes & etc,?TangoLima6 4d
4d help Where in set dungeons is sister Margotoldwolf1 4d
5d Getting Dawn crossbow after reaching 70? Hello every one, I am new to the game and i just hitted lvl 70. I want to get 'Dawn'(1h crossbow) to drop into the cube but since its lvl 60 item i don't seem to be able to get it. Is there is a way i could get it?R0EI3 5d
6d What is elite monster?? I've come around legendary gems that said... Increase dmg against elite by %... What is the one considered as elite?? It's the blue?? yellow?? or purple one?? Also comes around gems with bosses and greater rift increase damage... It's just increasing dmg against boss like belial?? diablo?? and such?? or also monster that have affix and different color?? TYHunterXCooL5 6d
Apr 20 Actual DPS or damage log? Hi, I havent played for a while and cant remember this... My "damage" is 251,212 with Engulfing strike rare axe 2,249 dps. The popup says my damage will increase 22% if i switch to the legendary Uskang bow 2,486. HOWEVER I got the Shadow Mantle set bonus "increase melee damage 1200%". I can clearly see that the Axe does more damage than the bow because I kill them one-hit all the time, will I struggle to kill bosses with bow... BUT THIS ISNT REFLECTED IN THE GAME NUMBERS... ... or is it? Am I missing something? Clearly the popup tooltip is misguiding saying my damage will increase 22% with bow but it looks like I do way more damage when I use axe because of set bonus. If this is the case where do I find my actual damage displayed? Any damage log in this game? -Kinetic3 Apr 20
Apr 19 Free Powerlevel 70? Looking to be power leveled, I am not new to diablo 3 but I am new to PCrholby1 Apr 19
Apr 17 Infernal machine plan How many keys do I need and where do I find the plan?TangoLima3 Apr 17
Apr 16 Justice Lantern on cannot die Templar I see quite a lot the recommendation to use Justice lantern on a Templar with the relic (cannot die) ....why? If he cannot die how is that of any benefit to the Templar or the player? Is it just for the 15% chance to block? Using charge barb.Shifty8 Apr 16
Apr 16 Stat miscalculations I'm confused. First, let me say having already encountered this multiple times now, I set up an experiment with the least variables. Here's the problem: I had a weapon I was trying to determine if a socket, or 8% damage would be better. This was all done in town, no buffs going. I rolled out the 8% damage (was 431,879 dmg) and got a socket. Placed a flawless imperial emerald in, lost 40k sheet. So, rolled the 8% back into the weapon after a million or so gold. Sheet is now 348,341. This keeps happening. Why?rasonastos3 Apr 16
Apr 16 How to improve my player? https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Andrew-1255/hero/99640450 I just started playing again recent since launch and I'm having trouble finding how to up my sheet damage. I feel like I have comparably similar gear with other DH. But they seem to output 3.5+ mil. Besides ramping up dex with Caldesann, how can I ramp up my sheet damage to 3.5+ mil too?Andrew4 Apr 16
Apr 15 Which class should I choose hmm? A lot of people will tell you to choose a Crusader! Wrong oh! You need to choose the class that best fits your style of play. For those who like to Kite ( gather the enemies into a group to kill ). Demon Hunter (DH) Wizard (WZ) Witch Doctor (WD ) Wait a second... Nope! If one is not willing to discover needs a base. If you are ever in doubt use d3planner.com With d3planner.com you can see for yourself who has lead this wild goose chase. It does the math for you. Life is easy when you find a build someone came up with, and did you figure out how it works? NO! Now go forth and use d3planner to uncover the build that fits your play style. I have my style and you have yours find it! No one has your play style, and you can read the effects. d3planner helps. https://www.d3planner.com/ Now for seasonal tracking use https://d3resource.com/journey/ Now you should never get lost with others telling you where to go. Be free and explore Diablo 3 and show love to Blizzard for all their hard work!Michael2 Apr 15
Apr 15 Do legendary items scale with level? Hi I'm brand new to the game and was pretty excited to see I got a legendary at such a low level (lvl 7), its leoric's crown But I was wondering if legendaries scale with level? I assume legendary is the highest quality based on playing wow and it would be a shame to replace such a cool piece of new gear once I'm a few levels higher Also the gear I got has a socket, is it worth it to put a gem at my level? I dont know yet where to get gems but I'll just look that one up myself Thanks! :)Kad4 Apr 15
Apr 14 Right click to move? How do I use right click instead of left click to move?Intrication3 Apr 14
Apr 12 Classes Are all the classes fairly equal for solo play. If not which two or three classes would be fairly easy yet fun to play. I like pet classes so I was thinking of Necro and one or two others.Byrd5 Apr 12
Apr 11 Any way to remove Season status? Is there a way to remove a character's Season status? I made my first character a Seasonal character on someone's advice, but I now find out that my friends are not and I can't group with them. If not, can I contact Customer Support about it?direhuman4 Apr 11
Apr 9 Question about Kanai's Cube: Reforge Legendary Hi. I've got a flail named Johanna's Argument. If I go to Kanai's Cube and select to Reforge Legendary on that item, will it either become a new legendary or acient legendary of "Johanna's Argument"? Or can it become _any_ type of flail?Wutty5 Apr 9
Apr 9 Kadala Anyone has luck gambling with kadala? It appears to me, she doesn't give too much. If you had luck, what item you had luck gambling?SilkBella7 Apr 9
Apr 9 blood shards Double blood shards? is that ever going to happen again?Alexthelion2 Apr 9
Apr 9 how to use kanai`s cube hi to all....... an old fart who loves all diablo`s........... but the old brain does not understand how to use, or what is needed to be done, to be able to use "KANAI`S CUBE"... would there be someone who can explain in old fart terms what is required to " do the deed"..... Thanks, in anticipation. graemegraeme11 Apr 9
Apr 7 How to start from scratch after Starter Edition Upgrade? Hello everybody! So i've tried every class in the Starter Edition and when i was done with it, i've deleted all my characters and upgraded to Battle Chest. After starting a New Game with new character i've quickly realized, that i have all my gold from my previous playthrough, the map is unlocked etc. But i want to start from scratch - new game, no gold, no upgrades on NPC's, no map etc. Is it even possible? I found 3 sollutions so far: 1. New battle.net account and buying the game again - this is not an option for me 2. Creating a Season character - i will try it now 3. Choosing a different region - if i do this and choose US instead of EU server .. how is the lag? And if i finish the 5. Act on Level 70 on US region .. will i unlock other difficulties and Adventure mode in EU region? Btw. i don't think it's smart nor cool to not let Starter Edition accounts create new topics in these forums. I could've known everything before i wanted to actually PLAY. Now i need to do a research instead .. that really sucksZloba16 Apr 7
Apr 7 PS4 The Shadow Mantle HELP! I just completed Season 13. The system worked great for the first 3 chapters and I received my Shadow Mantle gear. But when I finished Chapter 4 I received gear for the Crusader. Is there anyone out there that has a pair of Shadow Mantle Chest and legs they could donate. My PS4 name is osciec PAT. I would be very grateful. I also would like some people to play with. Thank you for your consideration.Roguedemon1 Apr 7
Apr 7 how to trade items? Anybody can tell me how to trade items in diablo 3 reaper of souls with other player?Melechesh24 Apr 7
Apr 6 Socket Consumable I have a socket consumable. Can't seem to get it to work. What is the procedure for using it ? Does it work on legendary weapons?TangoLima2 Apr 6
Apr 6 the best skill to have as a newbie what are some best skills/weapons a newbie is recommended to have? I personally like Ray of Frost...for a newbie that dies a lot lol...what's the best?SilkBella5 Apr 6
Apr 6 rebirth help so i recently rebirthed my hero in diablo 3 and i cant seem to find were all my gear he had went,i no it shifts to my non seasonal heroes but i cant seem to find it anywhereFatticus1 Apr 6
Apr 6 Is that important to pick up all the gold I am brand new to D3, is it critical to pick up all the golds I can? I have a pet now to pick up the golds, but I don't know if it's worth my effort to run to every corner/turn to all areas when I see golds... Thank you, SilkbellaSilkBella11 Apr 6
Apr 5 Is damage% more important than toughness% When choose a gear...Is damage% more important than toughness%? How to do optimize when selecting/choosing the gears? ( Sorry if I am not using the right terms, if I didn't make myself clear, let me know).SilkBella5 Apr 5
Apr 5 Grils who play D3? Any females out there play D3? I started playing this game and found it very exciting, just wonder if any other girls enjoy playing this game...:) SilkbellaSilkBella2 Apr 5
Apr 3 Challenge Rift HC perma death? Failed to find a positive answer to my question searching the forums so I’m asking it here. When started a Challenge Rift with a HC hero and then died there is this death permanent?usoff4 Apr 3
Apr 3 Looking for help Just started playing again after 4-5 years looking for someone who can run me through some high level greater rifts. I have gr stones.SuperBertoe1 Apr 3
Apr 3 I have a noob question about seasons. I have been away from Diablo for well over a year. I read that with the new season a player can receive a specific full class set. I understand each class gets an already determined set for the season. I have never played seasons before. What is required to receive Haedrig's gift? What are the first four chapters of the Seasons Journey?KillSplatter15 Apr 3
Mar 31 SEEKING FOR ADVICE TO PASS G-RIFT LEVEL 20 Hello, I'm a dummy player and just trying to do seasonal for the first time ever in my life. And I almost get all the seasonal objectives complete apart from this one : Complete greater rift level 20 solo. I tried few times but I never make it in time.... I'm not sure if my paragon is too low or I put paragon points all wrong? or is it my gears? or skills or I'm just too dumb :/ So please give me some advice 'cause I don't wanna miss that cute teddy bear pet!! Here is the link to my profile : https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Littleploy-2969/hero/103525398 Thank you. I really appreciate your time here.Littleploy19 Mar 31
Mar 29 Caldesann's Despair Ranks? I was looking at another players profile and noticed they had most of had Caldesann's Despair on it but next to it said Caldesann's Despair Rank ##. How does one progress with these ranks? Do have to keep applying it or apply it once and it progresses as I level up with my paragon points? ThanksHessdalen5 Mar 29
Mar 26 What edition should i buy? i want to get full game experince with all expantion is there such edition or should i buy everything separate?! and can you guys help me with names of expantion?!Meyamoo2 Mar 26
Mar 26 how do I complete 2 conquest? im new not sure what to do?Jericho4 Mar 26
Mar 24 Most efficient way of getting legendary/set items? Just getting back into D3 and wondered the best way to go about farming for better gear. seen plenty of youtube videos on multiple types of builds but few tips on how to get the gear in those builds.AckFish0812 Mar 24
Mar 23 New to Seasons and Pets So to my understanding, for seasonal campaign the armor sets can only be earned for only one character?? Id love to have the fire bird set for the Sorcerer and the Necromancer set, is this possible? And as well pets, I'm currently trying to find the Managerial Goblin but is this restricted to seasonal or can you find him in Adventure mode Non-Seasonal?? Id really appreciate the help I've tried looking for straight forward answers everywhere and no one really classifies specifically.PoisinIvie7 Mar 23
Mar 22 help me name what characther hello im kinda new to diablo just bought it and i saw a youtube vidio whit a characther that went totaly black he was a tanky champ any that can say who got a ablility like that?krohnkiller2 Mar 22
Mar 20 Any benefit to non-main hero class stats? Does my Crusader benefit from increased Intelligence or Dexterity stats in any way?Fluffypaws4 Mar 20
Mar 19 Sup all Just saying hi!MightyBeast1 Mar 19
Mar 16 Using the Cube Can you remove the legendary powers from one of those "Mojo" things, using the Cube? I just went through all of the powers shown on all three categories, and didn't see the one that is on the Mojo that I have. Are Mojo powers not affected by the Cube...NMJenny2 Mar 16
Mar 16 Help the Noob I'm 70 Demon Hunter with Paragon level 26. I'm trying to finish the season 13 journey quests.. I'm on chapter 4. Can anyone help me with killing Key wardens.. :( izzy#1455 msg me pleaseizzy8 Mar 16
Mar 13 How do Nephalem Rifts work now? Is there a comprehensive official guide I can read on this? I've been playing Diablo 3 again after a long time absent and it seems that all the mechanics of the Nephalem Rifts have been changed, I can't seem to find any rift keystone fragments now as it also seems that these are no longer needed to access the rifts themselves. So, how do I access these rifts now? I've tried simply talking to Orek but he doesn't say anything useful. EDIT: it seems that I have to defeat Rift Guardians for a new rift to open up, and that these Guardians only show up once the player reaches 100% of his/hers progress bar...... so........uh..... how do I 100% this progress bar?Victorboris15 Mar 13