Crusader

Mar 24, 2014 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Crusader forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Crusader class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and Guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12188259229#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Lylirra1 Mar 24, 2014
Sep 21, 2018 Crusader Compendium: Guides, Builds, & Info ⛨ UPDATED FOR PATCH 2.6.5 ⛨ ... Welcome! This is a reference work created by the Crusader community. Its purpose is to provide a useful resource for players, especially those who are new to the Crusader class. If you're looking for detailed guides, information on skill mechanics, or engaging gameplay streams, you'll find them all in the links below. You can help improve the compendium by posting your own suggestions for what I should include. If any of the guides I've linked seem outdated or irrelevant, please let me know about that as well. Thanks for your support, and stay in the Light. Need some help with your Season 17 Journey? Check out Bagstone's tracker and Angry's list of Crusader builds: https://d3resource.com/journey/ https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759321559 ... 1. BEGINNER GUIDES & SET DUNGEONS: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/13682248394#post-2 2. CRUSADER BUILDS: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/13682248394#post-3 3. ITEMS, GEMS, CRAFTING & COSMETICS: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13682248394#post-4 4. GAME MECHANICS: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/13682248394#post-5 5. CRUSADER SKILL MECHANICS: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13682248394#post-7 6. STREAMS & GAMEPLAY VIDEOS: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13682248394#post-8 7. COMMUNITY RESOURCES: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13682248394#post-9 8. PATCH NOTES: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13682248394?page=1#post-10 9. FIRST DISCUSSION POST: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13682248394?page=1#12WordMaster75 Sep 21, 2018
Jul 9 LON or Set Hammerdin ? Is it worth trying ? Is is Viable just to run T16 on speed run or bounty ? Anyone tried it? I'm need to Crusader. I manage 106 GR with my Blessed shield build with bad map. I'm doing ok but I really like Hammerdin with Justice maybe. i dunno. I'm asking. I seen Icyvein build. I didn't tried yet and it's not updated really and there nothing on Youtube.GodOfAllBob4 Jul 9
Jul 7 How to make my Crusader stronger? I've hit a wall at Torment V. Past that and I'm having difficulty. What gear should I aim for to finish Torment X? I'm trying to finish the season Champion challenge and most of the challenges require beating bosses at Torment X level. I'm alternating between bounties, rifts, and grifts right now. Doing too much of the same thing bores me so I just alternate between these. I'm just following the season challenges to level my character. Should I continue doing that or are there specific things I should do? (like aim for crafting hellfire rings or whatever)A1Jao9 Jul 7
Jul 3 Can I post a QoL thing here? K cool Wondering why Blizzard has the concept of Primary vs. Spender all goofed up. Why I am stating probably something super obvious is: Simplicities Strength vs. Ob Ring of the Zodiac. Query: If Gryfalcon's Foote removes the Wrath cost of Blessed Shield, doesn't that, in theory make it a Primary Skill? Retort: If that doesn't make it a primary skill, then is it still a wrath spender? Query: Does removing the value of a spender make it no longer a spender if it once was a spender? Basically one or the other, make it a primary if we are using the foote, or else keep the term spender so I can use my ORotZSenorDerping4 Jul 3
Jul 3 Why is Lon shotgun not viable as RGK? Back in 2.6.1, it was capable of killing the rift guardian in a 140 in less than 4 minutes with really high paragon with akkhan set. Now Lon does more than triple damage than akkhan. 9750% vs 1500% x2. You lose 50% RCR/CDR and zodiac, but gain more freedom to equip non-set items. Is it because there is no way to maintain your wrath?Dead9 Jul 3
Jul 2 LoN heavens fury is it any good? I really want to try it out but I;m not sure if it's worth it tho.. cheers!BigBoss4 Jul 2
Jun 30 Gauntlets of Akkhan Quadfecta So I have Gauntlets of Akkhan that I can make into quadfectas for Condemn. At 3200 paragon, I should be better off to roll STR->CDR, instead of rolling AD->CDR? If my math is right the STR on the gloves is giving me ~ 4.2% dmg. I know I need the CDR to be at 100% Akarats. My area damage is at 74%, 50 from paragon and 24% from primal Furnace. I think this is the best end game roll for these gloves, but is 15% AD good enough? https://i.imgur.com/rmFYc6L.png https://i.imgur.com/OVbGZtc.pngKrugKahr2 Jun 30
Jun 27 Crusader dmg is bugged or bad game balance? Hi All, I have some serious doubts about crusader dmg in the last patch 2.6.5.58979 I'm playing in Torment XVI, my paragon is lvl740+ and I tried with a lot of no thorn based dmg builds and the crusader never has enough dmg to do a solo lvl 70 rift at least. I want to ask to any experienced player or community blizz support about if this is a bug in the crusader stadistics formula or a very ugly fail in game balance. Only thorns builds works to do good dmgWizmaster5 Jun 27
Jun 26 How to survive on high GRs? Hello there! I've currently pushed GR 115 with my LoN Blessed Shield build (1350p) and that's about it. I can't get any higher. Now I'm trying hard to push 121, and although my damage is ok, im dead whenever any mob sneezes in my general direction (tried lower ones and the results are pretty much the same). To make things more discouraging, I took a quick look at the leaderboards and saw a guy with 100 less paragons than me with pretty much same/worse gear, who did 121 with a pretty good time. Tried a lot of different approaches, like changing skills/gear/gems, playing around mechanics, but nothing seems to work out for me... therefore I'm wondering how they do that? Does it all come down to this sweet, sweet "perfect rift" with open maps, zombies and damage pylons with 4-5 elites roaming around each?Linkee5 Jun 26
Jun 25 Crusader meme build I want to try a shieldless Crusader. I know it's gonna be a meme build, but I dropped a condemn sword and I really wanted to try it out without the shield for the Condemn build. I'd put the shield in the cube and go pure Blade of the Prophecy. How bad it would be for the build?Hadd1 Jun 25
Jun 24 Blessed Shield build question / help First season ever so trying to get used to it. Couple questions about the paradox after 70.. For the Core aspect I'm presuming no points into maximum wrath since our build centers around using none for shield spam? How are points allocated for vit versus str also...? I'm level 888 and not sure if i put points into str or vit when if ever. Thanks for any help / infoquieren2 Jun 24
Jun 23 Need help for my Captain America I honestly didnt plan to play a lot this season, wanting to just get the cool wings and then retire, but blessed shield is a whole lotta fun, specially when compared to Invokers Now, I was blasting my way through GR after GR, but once I crossed 95, I started to notice that Elites / Bosses were starting to take a lot of time. I just completed a 98 and I think it took me almost 3 minutes to kill the boss Till this point, I used to kill everything, but I don't think that is viable anymore. Problem is If I try to run past trash, my health starts dropping fast once my steed charge runs out. If I swap out my gem of the powerful for bane of the stricken, then I lose that flat 20% increased damage (for 108 seconds) against everything vs 25% increased damage against rift bosses only. This is my toon: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/LITHUVIEN-1334/hero/111190337 CDR: 45.7% Crit Chance : 51% Crit Damage: 466% My goal is to cross 110 at least this season. Any tips would be greatly appreciatedLITHUVIEN3 Jun 23
Jun 17 Buff Req - FoH, SB, Phalanx For build diversity, I suggest following buff of legendaries. 1. Fist of the Heavens Darklight: Fist of the Heavens has a 45–60% chance to be cast twice at the same location and deals 200-250% increased damage. Khassett's Cord of Righteousness: Fist of the Heavens costs 40% less Wrath and does 200–250% more damage. 2. Phalanx Unrelenting Phalanx: Phalanx now casts twice and deals 200-250% additional damage. Warhelm of Kassar: Reduces the cooldown of Phalanx 45-60% and increase its damage of by 200–250% 3. Shield Bash Piro Marella: reduces Wrath cost by 40-50% and increase damage by 250-300%. Drakon's Lesson: The damage of Shield Bash is increased by 300-400%, and it refunds 25% of Wrath cost.Fangskin2 Jun 17
Jun 15 Hack vs Pig Sticker I was just curious as to why the Pig Sticker is the "weapon of choice" in the Invoker Thorns builds instead of Hack. Any insight would be appreciated.Armandhammer7 Jun 15
Jun 14 Make a viable Phalanx build for crusaders hi fellas im a crusade big fan, and I've realized that the crusader could have a viable Phalanx build, and thats could be really cool (like the necromancer rathma pet build),so and I've seen that there are several objects, that with a small increase in power could bring back the King leonidas to the game for example: (the bold letters are my own changes, but they may vary) 1-Eternal Union (Legendary Ring): increases the duration and damage by 200% for Bowmen and Bodyguard runes. 2-Unrelenting Phalanx (Legendary Crusader Shield): increases damage by 450-600%, and casts Phalanx twice per use, either summons twice as many Avatars of the Order, or just summons two waves with a brief delay. 3-Warhelm of Kassar (Legendary Helm): reduces the cooldown and increases the damage of Phalanx by 45-60%. (maybe 150-200% like Mask of Jeram) 4- Baleful Remnant should benefit from runes aswell benefit from Eternal Union and Unrelenting Phalanx (with a little fix ofc). Also Tasker and Theo, Enforcer and could benefit from it, and this will increase the diversity of the crusader and bring back a very fun pet build for saders. THANKSSchyzo31 Jun 14
Jun 13 Stone Of Jordan vs Justice Lantern I'm running the Invokers Thorns build. The specs on my Primal Stone of Jordan look pretty nice is Justice Lantern that much better?Doom10 Jun 13
Jun 11 S17 solo class? Heya all, I've been away from the game for the past few seasons. I'm wanting to come check things out, and am wondering if the Sader will be an easier class to push/speed farm GRs. Is there a spec considered "lazy" for speed farm purposes. For comparison, the last time I played, I played as the Necro with the bone shield build (can't even remember what the build was called now).Acky3 Jun 11
Jun 11 Blessed shield group viability I'm enjoying my Captain America crusader quite a bit, but curious if the build is mostly for soloing. I duo with my wizard bf and his damage just absolutely blows mine out of the water. Is it just my lack of gear (he gets super lucky with primals and ancients on his wizard lol) or does the build really suffer from low damage in groups?Happyducky2 Jun 11
Jun 11 Best GR 70+ speed build Currently using LON bomb for GR 60 Speed with clear times in the 13 minute mark (edit 2:00 clear time). The problem with it is it can't push much higher without significant time loss. Anyone recommend a good build for GR 70+ with similar times? For comparison my Shadow Impale DH can clear GR 80+ in about 12:30 (2:30 clear time) minuteschosonman8 Jun 11
Jun 10 Remove Akarats Champion MORPH! Everyone hates it. All those cool transmogs and you're stuck as the same green hulk everyone else is. Remove the morph and just make everyone grow in size when in Akarat form! Or at least make the hulk wear our transmogs.SooSaucy36 Jun 10
Jun 6 Steed Charge it needs to be 3 sec and the rune Endurance would be 4 sec and 20% cdr We are crusaders our mount is our pride i also want Falling Sword to be good , if we can associate a skill with falling sword , for example blessed shield from lon captain america ,or the sweep attack from roland set ,Falling sword will get all the % boost from the associate skillKosmos1 Jun 6
Jun 6 Shotgun love Could you please give some love to the shotgun build? I like the gameplay of the holy shotgun ( not the lazy shotgun ) , i'd like to be able to use the skills i want with it like falling sword or an improved version of consecration i guess Lon is not a bad start but it's still not good enough ,we need to move fast and have average good dps : make it good so we can use it in team for gr 100 with average gear and use all the fun skills we wantKosmos2 Jun 6
Jun 2 Buff provoke Increase range and blinded enemies should hit you when u provoke them. This could ensure max 2pc stacks for invoker in party runs.sanjuro1 Jun 2
May 30 Primal Furnace Picked this up other day and it convinced me to put together Condemn build. Just one question. What stat should I reroll into what stat? Figured I would want to keep the % Dmg and AD, reroll STR into CD? Just not sure if AD is worth keeping for this build. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/436310216452210688/583437055305187373/unknown.pngDTJames1 May 30
May 28 Crusader Invoker Build Tips I've been trying out the invoker set for crusader and while it does do incredible damage, i tend to die a lot. Even while wearing the aquila cuirass, i feel i am very squishy, even though i have a hellfire amulet with the free life passive. Aside from wanting tips to increase my survivability, i want tips to increase my damage. My thorns are at around 215 k with thorns damage everywhere i could enchant it, how can I increase my damage and toughness? What weapon, rings, amulet, shield should I wear?Starbound9 May 28
May 26 Invoker Build using SwiftMount Flail I know the Pig Sticker is the fastest Dagger so preferred weapon in guides for the Thorn build, but i'm using a SwiftMount Flail and loving it. The double duration Steed Charge for hunting elites is nice, 6 seconds when using Endurance goes a long way. I run past other Crusaders after their steed quits. The PigSticker does 1.50 attacks per second the SwiftMount 1.40 I have played 2 other Thorn Invokers using Pig sticker and I can't notice the attack speed difference yet. I recommend the SwiftMount mobility for clearing rifts and bounties. Does anyone else use this instead of or along with PigSticker?Shinerunner5 May 26
May 25 help with invoker season hi so looked at this guild https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7H4wBYyzNA&t=198s gems they are using Bane of the Powerful or Bane of the Stricken Bane of the Trapped Boyarsky's Chip wouldn't Gogok of Swiftness Simplicity's Strength be better than one of those. Also they are using Nemesis Bracers in cube wouldn't Heart of Iron be better and how would Blood Brother be instead of The Furnace thankshawkkiwi6 May 25
May 25 17 seasons and ZERO love for fist of heaven seriously... just buff it, we are waiting for this have years and years....Belmont5 May 25
May 24 2.6.5 Capt. America Grp play quick question Can this build perform well in any group to farm paragon? Obviously I can get some guildies and to some group runs, but if I were to jump into a random lobby, can Capt. America hold his own?Roidraged3 May 24
May 24 Pain Enhancer vs Zei Why do top builds for Blessed Shield LON prefers Pain Enhancer over Zei? Wouldn't Zei be more appropriate since BS is range?Clarimax3 May 24
May 23 Phalanx crusader season17 This is a build to enjoy and just have fun with. I will be maining this build in season 17 to see how far i can push with it: https://www.d3planner.com/766744788 Basically you want to have 0 crit chance to proc the broken promises ring. Just have fun with it. Super stoked for season 17 and can't wait to see all the previously non-meta builds push up the ladder. Exciting times for d3 as this will be the only season since the start of the ladders to have non meta builds compete.quick5ilver1 May 23
May 22 How much cdr for perma akkarat? Couldn't find any concrete information... TiaLim3y6 May 22
May 20 give it up your messiah isn't coming, wizards are your salvation.YORI4 May 20
May 17 PTR 2.6.5 Capt. America Starting this thread to discuss BiS items for a LoN Capt. America build with the PTR patch notes being listed. Season 17 is gaining the LoN buff for free and 2 of the 4 Blessed Shield items are getting buffed. Akkhan's Leniency is going from 20% per enemy hit to a possible 100% per enemy hit and Jekangboard is going from 300% to 400% maximum. With Gryfalcon's possible 350% and Akkhan's Manacles possible 500% plus the LoN buff you have a LOT of damage at any range plus infinite Wrath. Helm: Leoric's Shoulders: Pauldron's of the Skeleton King? Chest: Cindercoat Amulet: Hellfire Gloves: Magefist Belt: Witching Hour Bracers: Akkhan's Manacles Rings: Unity and SoJ (Oculus or Justice Lantern for group play) Weapon: Gryfalcon's Pants: Swamp Land Waders (rolled Fire) Boots: Illusory Boots Shield: Jekangboard Cube Akkhan's Leniency, Aquila Curass and CoE Legendary gems Trapped, Zei's and Stricken Made edits to the build from community analysis that fire is better than holy Blessed Shield.Khord75 May 17
May 17 Is capt America rip now? Is the Damage too bad for group play and for push in gr?Rowesy2 May 17
May 13 [Guide 2.6.5] Roland Sweep Attack for gr125+ edit 16/04/2019 - Updated for patch 2.6.4. edit 24/02/2019 - Added gr122 solo seasonal clear edit 27/01/2018 - Reworked it for patch 2.6.1 changes. Added some informations as well as a d3planner link and a grift 115 clear. edit 03/06/2017 - added fire DoT mechanics, boss informations... Hello guys. First of all, the tl;dr d3planner link is at the end of this post. Feel free to skip to it, but do not ask any question unless you read everything else here. As you may or may not know, I am an avid Roland Sweep attack (SA) player. I recently cleared gr115 (see at the end for video), so I thought I would a make a guide on how to gear, what to look for and how to play the grifts. Until some time ago I was advising playing the lightning rune for any kind of push, however I after trying the fire rune instead it turned out to be much better. While still being tanky, you output so much more damage that it's no question which one should be used. I will start by going over the skills, then the gear and stats needed on each piece, and finally I will explain some of the mechanics you should be aware of. But first, I want to be clear : this is a guide on the build I pushed with. You can go for different skills and especially different gems/stats on gear but that would not be the same build as mine then. Due to 2.6.4 buff to Roland, getting the highest breakpoint on sweep attack is now trivial. Literally, you get it by having the 5 stacks of the 6p set, even with a furnace and no other attack speed buff. 1/ Skills Unlike some builds where the skills are set and nothing can change, SA offers quite a bit of diversity on skill you want to use. The mandatory ones are : - Sweep attack (Fire) - Iron Skin (Flash rune) - Akkarat's champion (Prophet) - Laws of Valor (Unstoppable force) You cannot do without those. Now the two other skills I settled for are : - Condemn (vacuum) This one is IMO also mandatory but feel free to try some other skills like Judgement if you don't feel like you need to group mobs better - Steed charge (Draw & quarter) This is the most controversial choice. But in the end, being able to drag an elite to a place I like and just the ability to skip maps fairly fast outweights the other possibilities available such as provoke (wrath regen against the boss) or judgement (bit more damage). Passives : - Heavenly strength With the new weapon effect on the golden flense, you might ask yourself : "but why aren't we using a 1-H". Well, as it turns out, gaining 20% (additive) damage but losing roughly 80% (multiplicative) damage, not so great. Of course, in other builds the attack speed from a 1-H matters and counters the damage loss. Here, we already have max attack speed breakpoint so it doesn't. So we use a 2-H, and that's all. - Finery 15% (multiplicative) damage and 10% armor for free. - Indestructible You are very tanky once every defensive cooldowns are in use however it does take a couple of seconds to get those going, and you usually lose them when you're moving from pack to pack, especially on map transitions. I would not change this for anything. - Holy cause If you can't survive or don't have any Life per hit on your gear (bad idea), you can run Wrathful instead. 2/ Gear If you just want optimal gear choices for (very) high paragon level, just check this d3planner link : https://www.d3planner.com/406432014 If for some reason you do not want to use d3planner, here's a rundown of the stats and some insights. Keep in mind, as I said, that it's a very strict build stat wise so if you are having trouble with damage or survivability, make sure that you have all the stats advised. Another important thing to note is that area damage is a stat you should focus on only after you have everything else. It increases your damage by a lot, but only in very specific situations that you probably won't encounter very often until you're pushing high grifts with good gear (because said situations are quite hard to survive if you are low paragon with not so great gear). For that reason, I will here put in brackets what's the next best easy stat to get instead of area damage. - Roland's visage (helm) - Str / CHC / %SA / Socket (it's not possible to use vitality here any more due to the change that was made to Golden flense, 15% sweep amounts for at least 10% damage now, which is huge) - Roland's mantle (Shoulders) - Str / RCR / CDR / %AD [All rez] (you can potentially live without cdr but try not to) - Roland's Grasp (Gloves) - CHC / CHD / CDR / %AD [Str] - Roland's bearing (Chest) - Str / Vit / Elite dmg reduction (you can go for %life instead of elite damage) // better with secondary rez and no All rez here - The Witching hour (Belt)- Str / vit / All rez / %CHD - You don't need AS on the belt thanks to the insane amount of AS given by Roland 6p - Roland's determination (Pants) - Str / vit / all rez (keep in mind, if you have a secondary rez, you can't have all rez) - Roland's stride (Boots) - Str / vit / all rez / %SA - Strongarm bracers (Bracers) - %elem / CHC / Str / Life per hit or vitality (If you don't have LpH on your weapon, go for LpH here. You don't necessarily need on both to survive though) - CoE (Ring) - CHC / CHD / %AD [Str / CDR] - Compass rose (Ring) - Str / CHC / CHD / %AD [CDR / RCR] - Traveler's pledge (Amulet) - %elem / CHC / CHD - The Furnace (Weapon) - %dmg / Life per Hit / %AD [Str] (%dmg is a true 10% damage multiplier. Life per hit is a ton of survivability. Strength is good at low paragon, better than 10% dmg until you have at least 15000 strength without finery.) // You need a furnace for max damage output, as you still get 5 aps with it, even without %as on the weapon. - Denial (Shield) - Str / CHC / RCR / CDR (see the mechanics information below) For all those items, always try to get secondary rez when you can. That is, on helm, gloves, chestpiece, rings, amulet, bracers (though ranged/melee damage reduction are better). Also, gold & globe pickup radius is amazing if you can get it. Optimally : boots, pants, helm, belt (if WH) and shoulders. Cubed items : - Golden Flense - Aquila cuirass - ORotZ Gems : - Bane of the trapped - Bane of the stricken - Esoteric alteration Follower : - Go for the Templar, he is the easiest to manage (though he will still wreck your pull). More importantly, he provides 1.1 wrath regen from his last skill, which is extremely important against the boss. - I would advise against using Ess of johan on your templar. It can mess up your pulls, and you really don't want that. Pets are too dumb to be trusted. Legendary potion : - Get a potion that gives +30% resource when used below 50% HP. 3/ Mechanics explained Why is fire so great : The fire DoT from sweep can stack (ie : you can have several different ones ticking at the same time) and, as all DoTs, scale on (basically) elemental (elite) sheet DPS (which includes atk speed). Since you have very high atk speed, you have a lot of DoTs ticking and they tick for a lot of damage. Basically, at 4.8 attack speed, you can consider the 120% Weapon Damage (WD) DoT to be a 120*4.8 = ~580 WD DoT, so fire does 480+580 = ~1060% WD per swing, which is more than double what othe runes does (so expect ~4-5 grs difference). Thanks to WorkWorkWork and the chinese community to bring this fact to the US forums so that we can understand why fire is better ! One important thing about fire (compared to lightning) is that it works, throughout the rift, without the need to use Laws of Valor to get its breakpoint. What it means is pretty much that you get much more zodiac procs on actually important skills, especially akkarat's champion. This is the reason you can keep it almost permanently up despite having overall low cdr. Strongarms is, now, a necessary item as it gives 30% (additive) damage which, as it is implied, stacks with the 20% debuff from Heavenly Strength. It's pretty much a true 20% damage multiplier, you just can't ditch something that great. Condemn - Vacuum applies the necessary knockback even if the mob isn't moved, as long as it could have been moved but wasn't due to crowd control resistance. Resource cost reduction, Cooldown reduction and Sweep attack : Laws of valor is a great tool for reducing the wrath cost of sweep attack but by itself, it's not enough to sustain wrath against a pure single target boss like Cold Snap for example. Because it's annoying to get to a boss and not be able to kill it because you run out of wrath, I tried to tech the build with some RCR so that it is possible to sustain against even single target bosses. It's easy to get enough rcr for that, however, it's is hard to do it while keeping enough CDR to keep perma akkarat's champion during the rift. You have the possibility to get RCR on shoulders together with CDR so that's the first thing you should aim for. Next spot is on the shield. However, getting a tri-factor shield with cdr/rcr/crit (and str) is not easy so if you have to sacrifice cdr, do it. Keep in mind, you can sacrifice CDR on shield, but also on gloves, rings and gloves. Try to keep it where it's the most efficient. I mean, don't remove 8% cdr on your shield and keep 7% CDR on your ring, if you can have 8% RCR on a ring and 8% cdr on your shield. As far as CDR is concerned, since we are not using Gogok anymore due to survivability issue (in was fine in 110-115, not so much in 125-130), you need to have a baseline of at least 38% CDR. If you can squeeze another cdr roll, it will get you to 43.58% CDR which is more than enough to keep perma AC during the rift. CDR is not an issue on the boss. 4/ Gameplay Roland is a truck. It is slow but you just get everything in your path and kill it. The way I play it is : 1 - Go into a rift. 2 - If rift is bad, exit game and start from step 1 2.5 - It is important to never use your Laws during the rift unless you're running out of wrath. Running out of wrath is rarely possible but can happen during conduits. Using your laws of valor will eat zodiac procs that should go towards AC resets. Same for Iron skin, don't use it on cooldown, only use it if it's (almost) out. 3 - Find the first pack of trash. You should aim for at least 6% of trash + an elite. 4 - Gather density and scout during the 8 seconds of your CoE following your main damage (= holy and lightning). 5 - Stop and start attacking during physical. Reason is you want the full bonus of endess walk for your main element CoE, as well as Fire DoT running. 6 - If an oculus area spawns, try to go into it. Do that only if you're still hitting the elite. Use Condemn to bring mobs with you to the Oculus area if you do. 7 - Once the pack starts thinning out, start looking for a new one. If you have one elite, use your horse to drag it. If you have several elites, lead them just by baiting. 8 - Always stop to do your fire CoE on the pack even while moving from a spot to another. You should almost always have enough density to get your 5 denial stacks 9 - Find a new spot with trash, go back to step 4 10 - Always be on the lookout for pylons. Pylons come usually every 20 to 30% density. Conduit is the most welcome pylon. Do use power pylons unless you're sure to have the boss soon. Channelling is almost useless, take it if you feel like you need the CDR to survive. Leave it for the boss just in case otherwise. Shield is usually bad for the simple reason that you can't proc your iron skin flash while it's active, which means you can't go into occulus areas. 11 - Boss ! Now you need to start using the law to get the RCR. You should use your potion to get resource as much as possible. I never ran into a boss that could kill me when playing fire, because with diamonds you can tank a lot. If you have a pylon, always wait before taking it UNLESS it is a channeling and you fight with a boss that spawns adds after a certain health threshold. Saxtris comes to mind, so does Voracity and Binder for example. Power is extremely strong on bosses like Saxtris, you can take it at 75-70% and just kill it in a matter of seconds due to very high stricken counts. If you have any question feel free to ask here. Grift 122 Season 16 clear : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c57S8FzjYm8 Note for S16 : Due to being able to use Cindercoat as your free rorg item, you get 20% fire and can get rid of any RCR on your gear in order to focus on damage and toughness. This won't be the case once S16 ends, which is why I focused in this guide on how to play for any season. My NS profile : https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kikaha-2290/hero/59623037 [tl;dr d3planner link] https://www.d3planner.com/406432014 Kikaha287 May 13
May 10 Is there an LoN build with playing in S17? As the title states, is there an LoN build with playing on the next season? If so, can someone link a D3 planner, or something similar for me to examine? Thank you in advance.storytime429 May 10
May 4 PLEASE CHANGE THE SHIELD BASH~!! Please~~ give me back~~ Crusader's Shield Bash.. Crumble Rune's original effect!!!!! now, Shield Bash's Runes is Each has no personality. And, please change the DRAKON's LESSON is do not limit the monster hits!!!!Skywalker4 May 4
Apr 29 Question on the Thorns Stat.. Ok simple question... Why does changing gear make my Thorn damage go up then back when changing anything really? At first I was thinking it was due to vitality changes so I decided to select different items in the Cube and swaping any item seems to still do it. and it bugs me why its going so high then falls back down. Some Screenshots to help explain ... i just spammed my screenprint key as i clicked between two items these are 3 pics one after the other... Thorn damage at 170,344 https://ibb.co/6W7mzqX click new item it changes to.. Thorn damage of 212,931 https://ibb.co/R28Ydff But then after a sec it drops back to 170,344 https://ibb.co/2ywfzQRResolRandom3 Apr 29
Apr 28 Hack left click build. Was wondering if theres a way to break omnisash+Hack to basically rely on stacking thorns and primary skill damage as high as possible.Vladdy6763 Apr 28
Apr 27 Support Zsader, also Crusaders in meta So, what ideas do people have for potentially coming up with a role for crusader? Generally, I've been trying to focus on finding a way to emulate or replace a zbarb in speeds. I can't find a way to combine the speed buffs, pulls, and toughness for a proper meta where a wizard plops down in the middle of a huge pack. For cbarbs, I've had good results with an asheara's build using swiftmount, oculus, justice lantern, akarat's awakening, hellfire amulet, leoric crown, nemesis, aquila, illusory boots, with lawbringer, strongarms, and bul kathos in cube (this last one is really a toss up). I use judgement (with the belt for extra rune), condemnt vacuum, shield glare (20% damage rune), ak champ for toughness (prophet obv), wings of angels, and draw and quarter pony. I've been expirementing with dumping asheara (which leads to some very interseting things with the constant spam of companions wearing gimmick jewelry) for a sweepsader build that loses the vacuum, and adds in 6pc rolands, a taunt (hit me), and gathering sweep. golden flense in cube, swiftmount equipped, and zodiac in cube (strongarms stays). what have you guys found? any ideas or thoughts? is there a way to possibly get consecrate to amount to something?Sarnen3 Apr 27
Apr 26 Angel hair braid drop rate? Idk how many dupes of other crusader belts I've gotten and i have yet to get this. Is it one a really low drop chance compared to the other belts?Vladdy6762 Apr 26
Apr 22 lon or not for 2.6.5 non season gr cap build? akkhan set seem to be the to go caption america build before. now with all the changes would that still be true in non season 2.6.5?Gehenna5 Apr 22
Apr 20 Andariel's Visage LON rolls I have been playing around with the Akkahns Blessed Shield build and really enjoy it. With the buffs comming I've gathered most of the recommended ancients for a LON build, and I'm wondering what to get for helm? I still haven't found an ancient Akkahns helm that would be better than my normal one. (Socket, 6 CC, 15%BS, Strength). I don't believe it's possible to get all those rolls on Andy's, so what do I look for other than Fire % and re roll AR or Strength for a socket? That would mean no CC or BS%?? I'm thinking that I'll keep gambling for an ancient akkahns and hope for a lucky drop. 1. What would a perfect Andy's look like? 2. Would Leorics be better(easier to get) if perfectly rolled? I have been getting nothing from Kadala, and have been upgrading rares and legendarys when I have the mats. I know it's RNG, but what are my best chances? Captain America is back!drumdrum7 Apr 20
Apr 18 Denial(s) Running Roland’s Legacy on my ‘sader, I’m not able to properly choose my own Shield, among these two Denial. (R) stands for “rolled”. (1) Legendary Primary: 8%Élite dmg 8%RCR 8%CDR 10%CC (R) Secondary: 150 Cold Res Unique affix 112% Increase per Enemy hit (2) Legendary Ancient Primary: 987 Strength 8%RCR (R) 5%CDR 9.5%CC 500 Strength (Caldesann) Secondary: 38k LpG Unique affix 120% Increase per Enemy hit Despite the appearences I prefer by little the (1), but I’m even thinking about it... what are your thoughts? Supplements: 2.3k Paragon, 750k Life, 18.8k Strength with (2) equipped.Christyandos5 Apr 18
Apr 17 Blessed Shield Grift 128 PTR (Seasonal) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWghVSMD7KQ Really fun build. Had a blast playing on ptr over the last couple weeks playing this. Looking forward to the new season.SLC1 Apr 17
Apr 15 mirinae + akkan havens fury does mirinae work with akkhan set on heavens fury?SzymeQ3 Apr 15
Apr 13 Rolands BUFF PLEASE!!! Current situation: (4) Set: Increase the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack by 3300%. Change to 3500% (maybe even 4000%). This would make it viable against the Condemn (at least put it closer).ShamWow19 Apr 13
Apr 13 Thorns 4 over 6 Bonus Casual Crusader, here. I've been having fun tanking 500 mobs while I beat the Bejeezus out of one singular guy with 15000% Thorns damage on hit. And now I'm seeing that people have given up on the full set bonus for Andariel's Visage. I haven't found a proper one myself, so I haven 't really messed around with it. But is the Pig Sticker + a megaton of Thorns Damage and Attack Speed enough to achieve the same effect? What've you more experienced player to say on the matter?C2MC5 Apr 13