Crusader

Oct 12 Condemn build - Akkhan's Addendum vs Furnace I see some people using Akkhan's Addendum (AA) instead of furnace, either because it rolled better for them or it's their preference. In looking at possibility of having 3 Akarat Champion runes active at all times, I admit that looks very attractive. I have a difficult time staying alive on my highest GRs, so the prospect of having the prophet rune (+150% armor) so I can use CoE instead of unity sounds like a better trade off than using Furnace with unity. Has anyone experimented with these two options to see what seemed better for them? Also, I was wondering what 3rd rune would be better to use with AA. Hasteful (15% IAS) seems useful, but does IAS actually factor into condemn damage? I could also see Rally (12 second cooldown when AC is activated) being useful for making iron skin and your law nearly permanently active. Thoughts?Lobsterbash11 Oct 12
Oct 12 Dang Crusader is a difficult class to gear I played a LoN thorns bombard build way back in like season 7 or something, and it took 2 months of trying to get needed rolls on ancients before I finally threw in the towel. Over paragon 1,000 was achieved, entirely solo, in the pursuit. Damn you, lidless wall!!! So I'm playing crusader again this season (condemn of course), and yep, same thing. That shield, that amulet, that weapon. It's like the LoN arrangement, but instead of trashing godly items that didn't allow for thorns, it's trashing godly items that didn't allow for cooldown. Just wanted to vent, but say that despite the difficulty of gearing, at least this class is worth it. Just imagine if it were this difficult to find gear for a class that under performs.Lobsterbash4 Oct 12
Oct 9 Akarat's Champion Gap Cooldown Hi All, I'm new in Crusader, and just wondering if there is other way to "up" the Akarats Champion skill without delay? I have like 56% cooldown-reduce, but still it has this gap to activate again... :( And that's always my weakpoint and died in the middle of a battle. Thanks! ^^GUTS7 Oct 9
Oct 7 +condemn on shoulders vs. BoP, Frydehr’s So, is +15% condemn on shoulders/chest more meaningful than the +condemn damage on Blade of Prophecy/Frydehr’s Wrath? i.e., is it handled differently by the game in terms of how raw DPS on the skill is calculated? I had a hard time finding any info on this...Thanks for any info you can provide.Cartman25464 Oct 7
Oct 5 Which stat should I reroll? Back from a longer break and now I got this beauty on my Condemn Crusader: https://i.imgur.com/Dlqz4y0.png Now I need your help to decide which stat I will reroll. Thinking about getting the CDR up to 10% but I want to make sure so I don't screw it up.KNIGHTHOOD3 Oct 5
Oct 4 Casting condemn I have recently started a condemn crusader build. What is the best way to cast condemn for optimal damage. I’ve assigned to the keyboard, the numpad/binding it to numlock for autocast, and assigning it to the mouse holding the button and using the wheel for force move for an autocast like action. Some help would be appreciatedSITH137 Oct 4
Oct 4 Help please The first crusader I made a long time ago was done on normal. Now I am trying to dig deeper into the game via a seasonal crusader. Things were going well until I hit the level 50ish range. The difficulty is set to master. I do not want to go down a difficulty, which leaves finding the problem and solving it. I believe its got to do with my spec choices. I use slash, Iron skin, Steed charge, Laws of valor, Fist of heavens and falling sword. Steed charge I use Nightmare. Answered prayer for laws of valor. I use falling sword super heated. Runes are guard on slash. Divine well for fist of the heavens. I use flash for iron skin My passive are Fervor, Holy Cause, Iron Maiden, and another one I can not remember. Currently using just a two handed sword to maximize damage. So my issues are my health is having a tough time staying up. Also taking too long to kill certain things. Lastly dealing wtih with rotating laser beam, that elites and up love to spawn in mass amounts. On the gems end I am never looting red ones to increase my strength it never happens now. When I first started my crusader I got gems from all the colors now I never see red any more. Enchanting is becoming insanely expensive, now its telling me I need a level 12 enchanting area to enchant a item. Please understand I am not a diablo veteran to the point I know all the jarggin used. So please do not use a abbreviation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One last note if I can do high amounts of damage with a just a one handed flail and shield that would be great. Though I dont think you can do that, just guessing on that point. Hence the two handed sword.OldJB24 Oct 4
Oct 2 Condemn-Reciprocate build I had no idea this existed until I looked at the #1 non-season normal crusader GR spot. Nowhere in the skill description is it stated that Reciprocate is a fire skill, yet apparently it is AND it must work with +% fire damage and Cindercoat (30% reduced resource for fire skills). How the hell did people figure this out? I find this build hilarious and gimmicky, kind of like all the very tip-top builds. It's like the thorns build we wanted, except without any thorns.Lobsterbash8 Oct 2
Oct 1 Need some advice for hard pushing. WITH MY GEAR AND PARAGON. WHICH GR would be my limit ? https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/TheHuang-11632/hero/102718944 I'd seen a guy pushing 110 with 1k5 para only with few decent gear , but last night i was struggling at 109TheHuang5 Oct 1
Sep 28 what to gamble next? This is my Condemn sader: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Cartman2546-1701/hero/103657600 what would you suggest I gamble next? I've been hitting up Kadala for an Ancient Frydehr's, but I feel like getting the right rolls on a shield is such a massive crapshoot that I'm tempted to start gambling for ancient F & R instead. Most of my other gear is pretty solid...I am also working on forging a new Furnace with better elite dmg%, but gambling on that isn't efficient IMO. I also still need to Caldesann my amulet, but I'm working on gemming up for that. Feedback appreciated. Thanks in advance.Cartman254616 Sep 28
Sep 28 Question re: Resistance + damage reduction... Okay, so here's what's up: I currently have a ring, Justice Lantern, that grants damage reduction equal to 46% of my Block Chance, which is at 67% thanks to items and Hold Your Ground. 46% of 67 is 30.82. When I look under my Details, in the Defense section, my Cold Resistance is 846, and if I hover over that with my mouse, the tooltip reads "Reduces Cold damage from level 70 enemies by 70.75% + 30.81%." So, I'm assuming the damage reduction from Justice Lantern is being added on top of the individual resistances I have already... which leads me to my question: is it possible to attain 100% resistance/damage reduction with this kind of build? Because I was considering equipping Unity on both my character and my Templar, who cannot be killed, but I feel like that might actually be weaker mitigation than what I'm doing right now. (Although, I suppose I could cube the Unity ability and make use of both just to ensure there's no way in hell anything ever kills me...)Auturgist2 Sep 28
Sep 24 Season 15 gambling Hey guys, I searched through a few videos and didn't find one covering what you should spend your challenge rift shards on at level 1. I'm also curious once you hit 70 what you would prioritize gambling on at that point? Thanks for the info.Deviator4 Sep 24
Sep 24 Rift guardian kill ... takes forever I'm new to the crusader, trying a Condemn build (on "Alexa") ... given her mediocre gear, I'm not too surprised she struggles after GR90. But the RG is usually a long, drawn out battle. I tend to keep close to refresh the Focus/Restraint buff, but death comes early and often. Am I missing a better strategy here? Or is it just a matter of gearing up?Greer7 Sep 24
Sep 21 Are there any Holy Shotgun builds in multi? I saw some youtube vid of a Shotgun sader as RGK finishing rank#1 in 3-man EU. Anyone have a link to the build? The stickied build post has a bunch of outdated builds, most of which are no longer viable. Thanks in advance!Cartman254611 Sep 21
Sep 20 YAY for 2K!!! What a grueling and challengingly frustrating yet rewarding experience. Persistence pays, as I was able to mix it up enough between group and solo play to gain 2000 paragons this season, the most I've ever attained and the second to last seasonal goal. The only goal left is to give it my all and see how far on can push on an AD spec more than 50%. Just thought I would share my relief and gratitude with everyone. I didnt get but 1 useable primal Set item (but x2 Akkhan chest armor pieces), but scored some luck on some quad shoulders and an AD weapon for 92% overall AD. I've never really pushed the LBs with mroe than 50% so hopefully it will be rewarding and not disappointing. Only thing left to do is a last push on the LBs. Good Luck to all in the last week of the season! :DKingArthur4 Sep 20
Sep 19 S15 as Sader What Kadala drop U looking 4? This will be my first Season starting a Sader, normally I'm a Monk or Witch Doctor. Next Friday, September 21st 8pm Eastern, I'll have the CR done then once in town try to get Kadala to drop one of these two as a lvl 1 sader starting out: 1 Hand Flail - Johanna's Argument or Crusader Shield - Guard of Johanna (not sure yet what I'll hit Kadala for.) Both of which drop at lvl 1 from Kadala. What are the other Sader peeps doing in their Kadala after CR?AdiPurusa4 Sep 19
Sep 16 Help with invoker build https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Fade2Black-1628/hero/103478860 I know I'm missing ancients with augments with higher thorns rolls on secondary but I'm having a hard time at GR75 with this current setup. I'm at 53% CDR, 2.4 IAS, and 107% AD on sheet. It's not necessarily damage i'm having an issue with as much as survivability. Is diamonds in sockets better to do until I get more ancients? I'm basically trying to get to a point where I can run 90's for xp and gems. I'm used to playing necro RGK but kinda tired of doing that because it's so group dependent. are any of my skills an passives wrong? just looking for advice from people who can run GR85+ efficient. thanks in advanceFade2Black6 Sep 16
Sep 16 I am so disappointed on the Invoker set I am new to the Crusader. I choose to level up this alt to become my main because I thought a Thorn set is the perfect class fantasy as a tank. When I had 4 pieces of the set it was incredible. The AOE was marvelous and I was having a blast inside the perfect class fantasy I wanted with this set. But as soon I got 6 pieces.... 95 - 98%% of the damage went to my auto-attack... ?! Now the class fantasy is dead, I became a 1 button spam fest. Can Blizzard fix the Invoker set? Is there a way where you can tone down the single target damage and balance to the AOE? Edit: I am so disappointed that I will change to another crusader set. This set is unbearable, unfun, and my hand is hurting from so much auto-attack spamming. It is a shame.Nostari12 Sep 16
Sep 15 Blessed Shield+Area Dmg interaction question Fellow Crusaders, Recently I've watched a video by Quin69 about area damage and started to think about getting some of this affix into my build, witch is Captain America (Akhan set + Gyrfalcon Foote + Jakenboard for those unfamiliar). My questions, if someone knows about the subject are: 1 - Does the "smaller shields", spawned by the Shattering Throw rune, procs area damage or just the main shield? 2 - Does the explosion created by the Combust rune procs area damage or just the main shield? So far I totally ignored area damage on my build, and although I'm clearing GR98 solo right now (non-season), I started to feel like I'm reaching the higher that I can with my current setup. Thanks in advance for your help. The mentioned video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydMEhQaULu4Chupanza2 Sep 15
Sep 14 Frydehr's Wrath drop rate? I must have spent all of about 9k on Kadala and Frydehr's Wrath still had yet to show. I must have gotten every other shield but FW. What is up with this thing? Is there another place to farm it with better results?KingKoopaTho12 Sep 14
Sep 14 Speed Pets build above GR50 ? Hi Crusaders mates ! Just been "fooling" with the class, to conclude this season. ; ) And I was wondering if there was any pets build able to do above T11or GR 50 at a good speed (less than 4 min) ? I have been using something which is very close to this (https://www.d3planner.com/412005495) and been able to do an around average 3min 15s clear time at GR50. I tested different combos (including baleful remnant and eternal union) but it seems that's the best I could achieve. However, above GR50, it's really becoming slow (close to 5 min). So, besides rolling some phalanx dmg on the helm and boots, any ideas, please ? Thank you ! : )Gelador10 Sep 14
Sep 7 Frydehr's wrath drop restriction? Hey guys, quick question about frydehr's wrath, does this shield only drop from certain places or tiers of gr or something? People tell me its just a regular unrestricted drop but I've spent well over 30000 rubies and hundreds of dbs rolling shields, and been run through countless tier 70 grs and still haven't seen this shield drop. It's been nearly 3 full days of nonstop farming rubies and db's and GRs and still nothing, and the impale build I've been using to farm runs tier 70s in about 3 minutes. As you know the condemn build doesn't function without this shield. I've seen countless legendary shields of other varieties. I feel I've passed the point of mathematical odds and there has to be something else going on. I was thinking about submitting a bug report TBH but I wanted to ask people if anyone else knows anything first.Plaje14 Sep 7
Aug 31 Can someone link a Captain America build? I want to see how these are geared. Leaderboards aren't helpful for obvious reasons, but I miss the old Jekangbord/Gryphalcon's Foote build where you'd wipe out a whole room with a few shields.Cartman25466 Aug 31
Aug 29 best elemental dmg type for solo sader GR? I see a lot of variations at the top of the leaderboard, which is actually best? I've seen fire, holy and physical all in the top ten. I have most of the gear with the exception of the Akkhan talisman, can anyone help me with preferable secondary/primary stat rolls and general gameplay in rifts? I find that I'm squishy even in T13 and assume I'm doing something wrong. This is the toon in question: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Cartman2546-1701/hero/103657596 I've been away for quite a while so I still need to CD ancient gear and my para is low, but T13 should be a breeze based on how high saders are going in GR. By comparison my SWK monk kills things just by looking at them in T13. Any help is appreciated, thanks.Cartman25464 Aug 29
Aug 29 Seat Gear So maybe I missed something in the notes? I was hoping to have do the thorns build again this season. But the gear that drops is much different than I had hoped. Is there a certain way to get the set I want? I missed last season so maybe something changed. But any help would be appreciated.Mylerian2 Aug 29
Aug 26 Looking for a build where I use my weapon In a way that, you hit the enemy with your weapon, a melee build. Which one do you think would cover that? Is the holy machine gun like that at all? Or just sweeper? Thanks.GoosePants10 Aug 26
Aug 22 GR 100+ help. Currently I have two GR100 clearing capable condemn builds. One being Compass Rose/Travelers Pledge/Convention of Elements. Cubed Unity. The other being, Focus+Restraint+Akkahns neck(cubed unity) with Illusory boots They both perform relatively equally, I know with the 2nd build im supposed to be cubing Convention of Elements over Unity, but surviving is a problem. Im dying instantly to anything without Unity, and unsure of what I need to change to fix this.PhearBunny28 Aug 22
Aug 21 Could use some advice on Cpt. America Hi guys, I'm not much of a pro player and a few days back I started my Cpt America Crusader whom btw i really got to like :) 1. Could u please take a look at my build and state in order of importance what I shall focus on? 2. And this Akkhan Leniency flail...it's really getting to me as I cannot get the damn thing :( what is the lowest level it can drop / be cubed / gambled? Maybe I could build an alt sader and try with him to push the odds slightly in my favour? I used to do the trick with clvl 1 necro to get The Ring Julians Love 3. GR80 will be doable with this build? Btw, is there a web page with items that would give lowes level the item can drop?JackTheDark5 Aug 21
Aug 19 Condemn - Wrath Management? Hi there, just wondering how everyone manages their wrath for condemn builds? I'm running around and within 5 condemns I'm out of wrath it seems. Usually I have to stop condemning and run around gather mobs while my wrath regens again. Is this normal? I ask because I watched a few youtube vids and the saders run around with almost infinite wrath and when it does pop down, usually about 30% left it instantly goes to full again? Examples: GR 128 Clear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLtg86XDz6w GR 100 Clear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWCQuCDgwcU&tSeras4 Aug 19
Aug 18 MOST VALUE IN REFORGE I have enough materials to reforge about 120 times. The plan was to get myself a primal Furnace but Im not sure anymore that the weapon will give me the most value on my crusader. I tried different scenarios i D3Planner but the choice isn't clear to me. Please have a look: https://www.d3planner.com/766924175 Is it worth farming for a primal Furnace just to get like 100K more dps (+4% on elites)? Or should I focus on upping the condemn dmg from the shield. Or get rings with Crit dmg and/or up the crit dmg on gloves and amulet? What has the biggest impact on DPS?Nasibi10 Aug 18
Aug 17 GR50+ Solo in under one day of playing You will need to get high CDR and use Akarat's Champion all the time, becouse in the second this is inactive you will die. Akarat's Champion will use Obsidian Ring to recover cooldown. When you will remain without Primary Resource, use Provoke skill to use it, in fights, or standing alone. You will be able to complete dugeon T50+ with this set in under 5 min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HtEMCy5Z5oSheeK2 Aug 17
Aug 17 More then 56% CDR for Condemn? Hi, I see a lot of players in the leaderboard having more then 56% CDR on their Condemn build. I don't have CDR on my shield as I have full CDR on all other gear, which brings me up to 56,xx% CDR. So as I understand it I don't need it on my shield and can focus on DMG instead. The others players in the top have the same 56,xx% CDR but still have rolled CDR on the shield as well. Is there a reason for this? Is it worth having the extra CDR instead of more DMG to extend the uptime on Iron Skin, Law and Provoke? Perhaps when casting condemn every 600ms the extra CDR can help with Wrath issues?Nasibi10 Aug 17
Aug 17 Akarat's dropping Over the last day or so, I have been noticing that my Akarat's has been dropping quite often, even though I have 59% CDR. Sometimes this occurs as early as halfway through the spell (i.e., leaving me without the spell's benefit with half the cooldown to go until it recasts). I have been watching this closely, and it is occurring very often now. Is anyone else noticing this? I am wondering if it is a recent bug.Dante003 Aug 17
Aug 15 String of Ears For the life of me I can't seem to find an Ancient String of Ears. Is there a secret to this?Doom5 Aug 15
Aug 14 Help: 3 Players Crusader Build Looking onto the leaderboard there are no crusader in the main composition of 3 players comp. My friends play Monk and Barbarian and i'd like to play Crusader in this comp, any help?Xardian3 Aug 14
Aug 14 Invoker still the same build? Hi all! I was checking my old I6 build to see the updates and... According to https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-invoker-thorns-build-patch-2-6-1-season-14 It's the same build since... 2 years ago or something? No Hack, no Vo'Toyias Spiker, no Sanguine Vambraces? Has nothing really changed for the build? Thanks!Frost4 Aug 14
Aug 13 Which Akkhan chest is better? 1. 650 str 556 vit rolled 15% condemn damage +204 cold damage vs 2. 627 str 610 vit 11% condemn damage reduced ranged damage by 7% +244 exp unrolled I can roll the second one, +244 exp to physical damage... and with the 7% reduced range damage will vastly improve toughness (correct toughness with phyiscal), but the 11% condemn damage is kinda low. The first one has 15% condemn damage, but doesn't have the right resist, so its more glass cannon. Which one is better? DPS over toughness for this build as you tend to move out of damage with illusionary boots I guess?Armisal11 Aug 13
Aug 12 Fix for Blessed Shield Blessed Shield really does not make any sense when used with the Akkhan set. 2 set is useless since no resource is used and having to get your cooldown over 56% is way to limiting. Instead add Blessed Shield to the Rolands set. cooldown is taken care of by the 2pc and no akarats champion needed except as a situation buff. 6 pc handles the attack speed that you must have to make blessed shield work thoughts?Jeorge2 Aug 12
Aug 9 Has anybody tried this build ever? Hi all, Has anybody tried this build ever? https://www.d3planner.com/965874992 if it's nice?QuangVu2 Aug 9
Aug 9 Finally Cleared T 100!! Yes, I guess I could have done it awhile ago, just never done it. My gear isn't the best and needs help.. but, I did! Yaasss Queen!! loljeXus3 Aug 9
Aug 8 build help not use to running a crusader I know I need 56 % cd and have that but what else should I have on my season crusaderwarmouse4 Aug 8
Aug 8 Best roll for primal blade of prophecy?? I just got a primal blade of prophecy. It has strength, area damage and cool down. What should I roll for the 10% damage?? Or do I leave it as is? Thanks :)VeryUpsetMob5 Aug 8
Aug 3 Condemn: Probably found gg shoulders? Hey guys, Im not really into it right now and how much AD a Condem sader should have. I just know that ppl at high para frequently roll off str from their shoulders. I just found: 596 str 123 allres 15% AD 14% condemn ancient shoulders I probably should roll of str for 8%CDR right? ThanksWalkinTall3 Aug 3
Aug 3 Destroyer quest season 14 6 min to save world wont give me credit any ideasRDWN2 Aug 3
Jul 31 Anything New Coming? I've been away and nothing has changed is there anything on the horizon?Doom1 Jul 31
Jul 29 Slash/guard. Is this good even when you're over 28k base armor (88% mitigation)? Or is it pointless to use due to diminishing returns on armor?Pesmergia5 Jul 29
Jul 29 Crusaders naturally squish in groups? Just curious if I am the only one experiencing squish issues in groups only. Don't be too harsh, my Sader is less than 24 hours old, and I managed to get into GR85. Unity just works well with Sader. Also I've never played Sader much before yesterday, so I am new to the class. But as soon as I join a group of people, and am forced to not use Unity, I run into a lot of toughness issues starting in T13. I don't know what is causing this. I have 58% cooldown reduction, and run Condemn build. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Pesmergia-1930/hero/102941721Pesmergia5 Jul 29
Jul 28 New Primail Frydehr's Wrath Kadala gave me a new Primal shield. I'm not sure which one would be better Critical Hit Chance or Condemn % or something else.Doom2 Jul 28
Jul 28 Sader RGK I mostly play with friends, and we often are far from the meta, or more specifically, without even a RGK (think 3 saders and a z barb). I wanted to set up a RGK (I am only playing a sader this season), and I found several variants online. https://www.diablofans.com/builds/98537-rgk-sader-2-6-1-120-140 https://www.diablofans.com/builds/95578-2-6-1-crusader-rgk https://www.diablofans.com/builds/95435-sader-rgk-tested-126 Is there one specific version (not necessarily even one linked above) that shines over the others? Also looking for playstyle tips. I did find some former posts on the RGK here on this forum, but they are a little old, and maybe something else came to light in the time since... Thanks.Dante001 Jul 28
Jul 28 Crusader growing old killing boss Hi Guys, I have started playing Diablo III not so far. My crusader lv 70(74) https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Mordeck-2779/hero/107913441 I'm playing Tormento III lvl and mobs can't kill me in solo for adventuring or nefilim portal, BUT killing one boss take me a loooot of time. I have read about gear and i'm trying to farm by my self, but i need a suggestion is only my gear lacks or anything else wrong in my pg? May someone gives me a tip ? Thx guysMordeck6 Jul 28