General Discussion

Jul 23, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri3 Jul 23, 2012
Feb 16, 2017 Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista With the launch of Patch 2.6.1, we will be ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in Diablo III. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, Diablo III will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version.Tyvalir0 Feb 16, 2017
Mar 1 2.6.1 Hotfixes - UPDATED 2/28 Below you will find a list of hotfixes recently applied or coming soon that address various bugs or mechanic tweaks. These hotfixes should not require you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented while others may require restarting the game to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch. Also note that changes to certain abilities will not be reflected in its tooltip until a patch is issued. Last updated February 28. Hotfixes are denoted by the date they were applied to live servers. Previous Hotfixes: [2.5.0] [2.6.0] [LIVE HOTFIXES] General Fixed an issue that caused players with 32-bit clients to have trouble joining parties (12/11) Fixed an issue where occasionally a party invite would result in a string error (12/11) Fixed an issue where the right-click context menu in the Social pane occasionally disappeared (12/11) Mystic Fixed an issue where legacy versions of Dead Man's Legacy, Staff of Chiroptera, and Manticore would sometimes display a blank affix in the Mystic's Enchant window (11/8) Seasons Conquests Fixed an issue where the conquest "Curses!" would not properly register (2/28) Items Bone Ringer Fixed an issue where the Bone Ringer bonus was not cleared upon entering a Greater Rift (1/22) The Legendary effect for Bone Ringer has been reactivated Monkey King's Garb Fixed an issue where some achievements and conquests would not properly triggered while the 6-piece bonus of Monkey King's Garb was active (11/17) Shield of Fury Fixed an issue where multiple Crusaders could benefit from the bonus provided by Shield of Fury (11/17) The power for Shield of Fury is now active again. See this thread for more information Ivory Tower Ivory Tower now has an internal cooldown (11/8) Ivory Tower's proc now scales with the amount of blocks the player had occur within the internal cooldown timeframe (11/8) This additional change should result in no change in power for this Legendary Warhelm of Kassar Fixed an issue where Warhelm of Kassar was modifying the Crusader's damage by an incorrect amount (11/8)Nevalistis5 Mar 1
Nov 13, 2015 Fansites, Social Media, and Other External Communities The Diablo III team here at Blizzard is fortunate to have a wealth of fan resources that are updated regularly to help keep players informed and entertained. We’ve highlighted just a small number of those below for you to check out. Keep in mind that these websites are not owned or operated by Blizzard Entertainment, and we don't control or endorse all information found on them. This list is also not exhaustive. We’d like to include more sites as necessary over time to provide you with the best, most up-to-date community resources. If you have an active site, community, or podcast that is not listed, please message me. Fansites and Communities /r/Diablo DiabloWiki BlizzPro Diablo Fans Diablo Hub DiabloII.net Gameplay Databases & Tracking D3Planner DiabloNut Diablo Progress Diablo Stats Podcasts Shattered Soulstone Westmarch Workshop Kulle Story Bro Gameplay Streams Rhykker Bluddshed Leviathan111 Bigdaddyden76Kauza1 Nov 13, 2015
2m The Most Successful Blizz Game Recently is Overwatch Why? Because it doesn't stuff a shi**y story down people's throats. Both Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 were failures (well, by Blizzard standards) in part because the storytelling in both games were awful. For D4, I'm really hoping they don't write a story for it. just make the game, add in a couple of cool cut scenes, and let that be it. Blizzard stories make their game worse.MarigoldRan13 2m
5m Suggestion - Zunimassa changes Hey Blizzard! Since class forums are just there for helping each other out and because they get ignored by your team completely, i will try it here. Change the Zunimassa Set bonus to: ... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Disclaimer: 2pc bonus makes this set THE pet set. Reducing all summoning cooldowns by a moderate amount makes this set so much more mobile and also a bit stronger. 4pc bonus gives this set the toughness it needed for so long. Too much ramp up and requirements we have now. 6pc bonus needs a slight increase in duration to make it a bit less mana heavy in certain sitautions. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 4pc bonus change means: - 25% for Zombie Dog - 25% for Gargantuan - 25% for Fetish Army OR Fetish Sycophants This gives this set a bit more freedom. The 4pc bonus change and its change to the "Fetish Army" and "Fetish Sycophants" would make the set only require one thing and not allways both. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In my opinion it would make Zunimassa finally becoming the choice to play pet builds. It losens the screw for those strict requirements while giving more survivability after a death. The damage increase may only come through mobility changes to the 2pc bonus. Please feel free to discuss this suggestion. Greetings!Mortred21 5m
13m What RPG elements should games like Diablo have? Since LordVictor's recent thread "D3 is not an RPG" has reached the post limit, I thought we could continue here, however, in this thread let's not talk about whether D3 is an RPG or not, but about what RPG elements games like D3 and D4 should have and what RPG elements people would like to see. RPG elements are for example things like an attribute system, character classes and other ways to specialize your char, items that you can equip, meaningful choices and decisions that you have to make (like specializing in one thing or another) skill progression (maybe in form of a skill tree or other systems), gaining experience and levels, having to sleep and to eat to recover and not to get exhausted, multiple possible answer/reaction choices during a conversation or even a Karma Meter, however, not all of these necessarily fit into Action RPG's like Diablo, so we also have to touch on the question which RPG elements shouldn't be in games like D3 or D4. My opinion on this is, that it is (sometimes) okay to sacrifice RPG realism for an overall more enjoyable and convenient experience, but you can feel free to disagree. Besides having to eat and to sleep, another good example of an RPG element that probably shouldn't be in games like Diablo is the Stamina Bar from D2 (of which even David Brevik said it was a mistake to implement it), because it basically brought nothing to the game and it was just frustrating to deal with in the early game since it interrupted the flow of the gameplay too much, while also becoming redundant in the mid and late game. I will post my opinion on what RPG elements I would like to see in Diablo like ARPG's below, but now I turn the question to you: what RPG elements would you want Diablo-like games to have and which not?clueso141 13m
44m Suggestions Is there a suggestion forum that blue looks at?Cronie4 44m
57m Please don't listen to D2 fanboys with D4 D2 was good for it's time but it is not as great as the fanboys make it out to be. Not everyone who played the game thought it as that good, I know I didn't... Trading... lol where to begin? Buying items off shady 3rd party sites is not a good player experience for any game. Buying items that give an advantage in the game just sucks even when it's from an "official" source. Now that the items have monetary value, all the botting, spamming, cheating and duping that goes on in D2 is icentivized. Keep that p2w garbage for cellphone games. Pvp... despite what the fanboys always say, pvp was a bad joke in d2. Don't believe me? Just look at this long list of player made rules that will make for "fair" duels: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Friendly_Dueling_Rules. Hots or overwatch and even bad wow pvp isn't good enough, they want it in diablo as well... the worst game blizz could put pvp in. The people incessantly calling for D2 style pvp just want to pk players who don't even want to participate in pvp. Toxic. Bye. Runewords... grind out rare runes and look up online on how to stick them together. Everyone farms for the same runes. Nope. Charms... waste your inventory space in a loot hunting game. No. Boss runs... people complain about endless gr farming in this game, boss runs were even worse. Boring. Character rerolling... wanted to change your talents on your character you spent all that time leveling? Too bad! They finally added a way to change talents on your character 10 years after the game came out and you have to grind bosses to to it. Stupid. Ladders... the same fanboys who complain about GR farming are somehow ok with the level grinding in d2 ladders. It's the same thing. Graphics and atmosphere... this was one of the great things about D2. D4 should adopt some of this. D2's best feature is that you can still play it. Not saying D3 is this nearly perfect game free of any flaws, but D2 is much worse. D2 was a decent game almost 20 years ago who's gameplay has aged very poorly. The fanboys act like D2 is the pinnacle of all gaming looking through their nostalgia goggles but it isn't. It never was. Please Blizzard don't listen to the fanboys and devolve diablo back to the year 2000. Thanks.Dietrich84 57m
1h 4 man rank 1 players are paragon 3200+ in EU Botters at theirs finest. what blizzard gonna do about those botters?Ban them maybe? Season 13 was bot free(according to paragon levels)But now rank 1 paragon 3200 rank 2 paragon 2000ish..Come on blizzard stop botting again please...ThanksKARTAL15 1h
2h A list of changes to make D3 a better game Since it'll be faster to only list the things that D3 actually did correctly, I'll post those and then say "keep those features and trash every other system": - Map/Waypoints - Combat - Class design - Skills - Followers - Interfacesoulzek6 2h
2h Why Are There Pink Unicorns in Diablo 3? Pink, chubby unicorns , and teddy bears.MarigoldRan27 2h
2h Anything new? Anything new coming for the Diablo franchise?Mumrah28 2h
3h Does people still play Diablo 3? When it comes to me and Diablo 3, well, we didn't part ways on the best terms, I was very disappointed when the game came out and didn't even purchased the Reaper of Souls expansion, and kinda forgot that this game actually exists. But here I am and since I have 1 month of free time due to an accident, I am thinking of buying the expansions and invest some time into it. Is it still worth it? and if so are people still taking an interest into this game?Ilcu44 3h
3h Will D4 be a kids game? Hey all, Blizzard attempted to make Diablo a franchise for children with D3. Now, however, we are stuck with a bunch of teenagers who never played Diablo one or two as they were growing up and think that this is what the Diablo experience is supposed to be; legendary characters killed by fairies and the Lord's of hell hologramming you to tell you their secret plans with clever puns. Do you think they will make D4 PG, PG-13, or M?MystiKasT40 3h
3h 3 most boring themes What would them be? My vote goes for... 1. Double gold drops 2. Double gem drops 3. Double blood shardsRuined13 3h
3h [PSA] Armory Bug found Yes i posted in the bug forums but i figure i share with you. Hello, ive notice over the last few seasons that time to time you will have a legendary gem go missing while using the armory, i have multi saves of the same build (with different gear) to make sure i dont have missing gems. Well today i found out what triggers this. I did this 2 twice to make sure this is how it works. Basically, you need an "Old" and a "New" saved profile in the armor with the same gem/ring that one ring was "Upgraded with an Augment", this will trigger it going from 1 set to the other. To Explain it in detail 1) have 2 sets save sets "A" and "B" Both with the same legendary gem in the same Ring 1a) For example, a CoE with BotT gem (not 2 different CoE's but the same CoE) 2) Set "A" and "B" are saved at the same time, then you Augment set "B" and save set "B" but dont save set "A" 3) Now when switching back and forth from Set "A" and set "B" it will lose the Bane of the Trap, going back to the other set without modifying or saving will bring back the gem. Notes: - No the gem wasnt in another ring - No the gem wasnt in my inventory - No the gem wasnt on the ground - Yes i checked all the above many times - I even dropped the BotT high level on the ground to see if my level 0 would be added into my socket and it didnt - I got this bug to work 2 times in a row re-testing it - Did NOT test if having different gems in different sets rings is a work aroundFaux4 3h
3h differents characters so i wanna try out all melee classes currently im trying out seasonal crusader but i wanna try barbarian and monk just one question do i will have to go throught all acts with each character ore after completing all acts does it unlockable for all characters help me please im kind of newJLPM981912 3h
3h Quotes from Diablo 2 vs 3 Andarial: "Die Maggot" Duriel -silence- Mephisto: "My brothers have escaped you!" (inn a voice that's not all BASS, with the BASS turned up to 11) Diablo: "Not even death can save you from me!" Baal: "My brothers will not have died in vain!" Diablo/Leah: "Even in the heart of Heaven, angels can still feel fear." "Our long war ends today, Imperius!" "Take one last look at your shining Heaven Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain but my laughter." "Gaze upon the destruction I have wrought. It'll be the last thing you see. Iskatu, destroy the nephalem!" "Every moment I delay you, I draw closer to my ultimate victory!" "Rakanoth, do not fail me, or your fate will be the same as Iskatu's and my brothers'!" "My armies flow through the hell rifts. Heaven will be destroyed long before you set one foot into the Silver Spire!" "Look upon these gardens, now they seethe with the corruption of Hell!" "Where is Tyrael? Fallen. Broken. He knows the truth now; I will be victorious." "So, you approach the Oculus with the aim to destroy it? You will not succeed!" "If you destroy the Oculus, my hell rift will consume you!" "You think to destroy the rift Oculus? My fiends will tear you apart!" "That is not the only hell rift. The flow of my legions will not stop." "I draw closer to victory, Nephalem. You are too late, just as you always have been!" "The hell rifts are closed, but it is of no matter. Soon there will be nothing left of these High Heavens. All creation will be the Realm of Terror!" "Look, Tyrael - your old lieutenant." "Look beneath you and see the ruin of Heaven." "The seven Evils are one within me! I am Legion!" "Enough! Let us see how you fare in my Realm of Terror." "Only by defeating us can you return to your own realm, but none have ever crawled from the depths of their own terror!" "You shall never wake from this nightmare." "How tastes your fear, Nephalem?" "You cannot defeat your own terror!" "Can you feel your death approaching?!" "Your Nephalem power will not help you in this realm, mortal!" "How does it feel, knowing you have failed those who depended on you?" "NO! This wretched light must be eradicated!" "All that you have known - all that you have ever loved - shall die along with you, Nephalem!" Interesting comparisonYxalitis17 3h
3h Can we please get LoN buffed to 200% per ancient? Lon was supposed to bring us more build variety but as of late, we're back to being stuck with set bonuses that mostly start at 3000% damage. Lon is sitting at 1300% damage which makes it virtually unusable. Not to mention it takes more gear to make a lon set work but puts out less damage that 5 pieces of a set. How does that make sense? Come on blizzard, just change that little 1 to a 2 on the lon set and let us use our own build.Sinewave43 3h
3h How good was Vanilla in your memory ? Hey guys, i feel nostalgic about D3 vanilla ( by vanilla i talk about the game before the extension, where there were only campaign mode, with 4 diffuculty, and where we had to farm one act i talk about those kind of run : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bPkUwMG9SI look around 10min and after I feel nostalgic about the fact that it was hard to survive, we had to dodge everything, it was hard to get items. And we literally had an Heart Attack when we looted a legendary item ! Even some rare item ( yellow ) were powerful and worth i remember i sold a crossbow blue ( yeah, not even rare, it was blue ! ) for around 45£ because it had a huge dmg on it And remember the Manticore with double socket ? Well i have a lot of feelings about it, am i the only one ? I feel like it's just my memory who make me think it was soooo good, and if we had the oportunity to play again on vanilla, maybe i'll Rage quit because it's too hard and not casual at all, i don't know Sorry about some grammar error i probably made, i'm french :c Thanks for reading !Geek88 3h
3h JJKE How long? I do not care about paragon-fappers, but these boters are disturb the play (wich trying boting in bounties) Yes, its not easy... look, this dude will be an a f+++ng memer soon, about boting in bounties, but its should be you, with your "it's a constant battle"rurba10 3h
4h Ramaladni Been Very Good To Me! At P537, I have had one hell of a time trying to get a Holy Point Shot quiver. All this time to the game, and I have found exactly one, and it's fairly useless; Physical damage. I've gambled Blood Shards and upgraded Rares until I was destitute, with no luck except for that one. On the other hand, Ramaladni has been very good to me, dropping his Gift like he's Santa Claus. At P537, I've found a cool 10. I've socketed a Karlei's Point, a Windforce, and a Yang's Recurve. And I still have seven in stash. But I would trade all seven for a decent quiver...StonePro14 4h
4h Haedrig's Gifts Do the haedrig's gifts repeat all the sets (like having akkhans and dmo and zuni's in the same season) or do the sets change combinations so the classes don't always have corresponding sets for other classes?StormyOwl8 4h
5h season vs non season gr Someone told me that the monsters on Grs in season are weaker and lesser than the monsters in non season, is that true??? https://youtu.be/PPPX_Ght_fk for example this dudes with his lower paragons, could make a gr142, but this guy says that in nonseason is like gr130... or the monsters health in season are the same as nonseason.Schyzo23 5h
6h Chest Event - The Cursed Garrison, NEEDS Faster Spawns! Yeah this cursed chest that appears in The Battle Fields - Act 3, just above where the foundry is located, it needs a serious buff to spawn rates of the mobs. Even on normal difficulty where you literally 1shot the mobs as soon as they spawn u can finish with only 70/100 of the mobs, this is not helped by the fact the demonic flyers refuse to die and sit at 1 hp for 10 seconds while they run around like headless chickens. Would be nice if you could throw in a few more mobs to spawn so that the bonus chest is actually obtainable via means other than pot luck.Berronax19 6h
6h The Storytelling In This Game is Simply Awful Like, Blizzard should take their entire storytelling department and move it to Overwatch or something. (But Overwatch doesn't have a story) Exactly. That way they can't do any harm. The game simply isn't grim enough. Hell is invading the Earth and everyone is still talking like they're some self-esteem guru.MarigoldRan59 6h
7h Highest Paragon You Have Seen? I saw a 3,500 last night, I had to put my glasses on to check. Can people with jobs, family and real life responsibility ever come even close to this (without the new patch) I know some legitimate players who grind the game everyday without any cheats and they are at around 2,000 - 2,400. What is the highest you have seen? I am sure that with all the new buffs coming in the next patch some will be at 3,000 in the first week of release, running GR 130. Whats the point anymore? Are we just chasing the carrot on the end of the stick? Remember back in the day when getting to Paragon 100 was hard? Now, people get power leveled to paragon 500 in the first hour.Avalon64 7h
7h [Set Dungeons] Prevailing Issues Players have complained about Set Dungeons ad nauseam, and, from a certain standpoint, I understand why there has been a lack of willingness by the Developers to address those concerns. One problem is that it is hard for the community to reach some kind of consensus of what the issues are and pinpoint what needs to be fixed and/or changed. So, let's try to get the "ball rolling," per se, by starting a conversation with actual substance and feedback, rather than insulting the basic idea of something like we're all trying to emulate Donald Trump's Twitter feed. Personally, I find that Set Dungeons are "bad" by design for three reasons: 1) Players feel compelled to do them because Set Dungeons are a requirement for completing the Seasonal Journey. It is important to note how the feeling of being "forced" to do something is different than with other objectives in the Seasonal Journey, because those other objectives are all means to an end -- the same end -- which is, usually, an "end game" goal like being able to do a Torment 13 Rift or complete a Greater Rift 75. Set Dungeons, on the other hand, have no bearing or relevance outside of Set Dungeons, therefore completing one does not feel like a step toward a player's personal goal (unless, of course, their only goal is to unlock a stash tab or to acquire cosmetic wings). 2) A lot of players -- mainly those that do not access the forums or similar fan sites -- are unaware that Set Dungeons are balanced differently by design so that every character class has an "easier" Set Dungeon. So, I find it counter-intuitive that players will, most likely, attempt their first Set Dungeon with the set that they acquired from Haedrig's Gift, which is totally random and, in some cases, can present a new player with the hardest Set Dungeon. This often leaves a lasting, bad impression. 3) Mastery of a Set Dungeon is dependent on a Greater Rift-style timer that not only requires players to "master" a set of unique objectives, but to also kill all of the monsters in the dungeon. Therefore, the challenge is not only to complete all of the unique objectives within a certain amount of time, but to also complete an additional objective that is entirely circumstantial once a player has completed the "basic" objectives. And that can be really frustrating, because here the difficulty is being derived from an arbitrary, secondary (or tertiary) objective. My personal recommendations to remedy the above would be to remove the Set Dungeon-related requirements from the Seasonal Journey or make it part of a Conquest; establish an in-game rating system that ranks a character class's four Set Dungeons according to difficulty; and have the mastery of a Set Dungeon focus more on a player's ability to complete a set of unique "basic" objectives within a strict time limit, not require them to clear an entire map of monsters. Simply put, Set Dungeons should function more like a puzzle rather than a Greater Rift, by engaging a player's lateral thinking ability and cognitive skills. Thanks for reading. Feedback is welcome, even in the form of an up- or down-vote. But, please keep in mind that, should you disagree with me or someone else who shares their thoughts and opinions, you must be constructive with your response and try to contribute something to the conversation. Again, this is not a Republicans vs. Democrats debate where good ideas get shot down because of which side of the political aisle they came from. Remember; We all play and, hopefully, enjoy this game.HelloKitty15 7h
7h QoL Changes - UI, Bounties, & Ubers (Concept Images) QoL Changes: (Updated 4/8/18) https://imgur.com/a/piefM Stash Overhaul: https://imgur.com/a/ks58S ... Witch Doctor & Pet Item Overhaul: (Added 4/5/18) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N9b8xBVvAWEpukvw3jBPfvxKbzh58LvX Barbarian Item Overhaul: (Added 4/11/18) NEW! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SAyoUKf7fTbsKqckbUXZbQVraK-WYllIevil283 7h
11h Nat's is the new Blackthorne's, and Other Matters... It seems that Blizzard is really pushing Natalya's Vengeance set, or they just decided to un-weight it, because it's dropping like flies in a DDT storm. Also, it seems that Kridershot is the new Hellrack.StonePro24 11h
11h TOO MANY PLAGUE TUNNEL MAP INSTANCES! For some reason the Plague Tunnel map has been coming up wayyy to many times. I know there is supposed to be some map randomness....but this really needs to be looked at. Many of the groups I run with have noticed this also. Its kind of getting out of hand getting this map constantly the vast majority of the time.....just saying :-)MaxCarnage7 11h
12h Whitdale hello I just wonder where I can find whitdale, the place that contain happy clouds, unicorns, bears, lots of golds, gems, stuffs =) Thankskingkong4 12h
14h New Player Confused I played this game a little bit about a year ago and I just recently picked it up again. I'm at level 12 with my Necromancer and the game seems WAY too easy. I'm playing on HARD, but I can simply stand, surrounded by undead and let them attack me, without losing HP. I've got a bunch of gear that regenerates HP, so I just watch the red orb flicker lightly at the top. I noticed I had a few thousand gold from my other games ages ago and I used that to buy some gear in town, but that shouldn't make things THAT easy, should it? Is Act 1 supposed to be this easy or did I luck out with early gear or something? There's literally no way that I can die.Ellipsis13 14h
16h [Suggest]Remove Internet Requirement from Non-Season Seasonal play is the primary competitive mode that the majority of this game's community plays anyway. Please consider disabling or removing the internet requirement and allowing players to play offline(ideally with peer 2 peer support) for the non-competitive play modes. I understand that the requirement for internet is important for enforcing competitive play and trying to stop cheaters, which is why I suggest releasing the guard for non-seasonal play only. Here is some context as to why I want this. I've lost my favorite kits probably more than a dozen times by this point in my D3 play career in hardcore because of connection nonsense, rather than the traditional player error that usually also kills me. This is my usual experience throughout most of Diablo. All play of the game is normally done with 0.5 - 3 second consistent and unpredictable lag, and then suffer equally unpredictable 5-13 second spikes. I have learned over the course of all my play to date, to account for and attempt to offset the massive disadvantage of consistent latency trouble and frame freeze/skipping due to lag spiking. I have reached as high as GR94 living with this problem. The experience of character death because of player error, vs character death because of a sudden unpreventable system issue is very different. It is not something anyone can really empathize with without having experienced it, and for me is the second most rage inducing thing for me in gaming. My ISP options will not permit me to get a stronger connection here, we have been trying for years and a connection improvement is not worth the value that ISP companies tell me they want for it. Only rarely is battlenet the one with the connection problems. If I wasn't held hostage by my ISP options or battlenet's internet service(rarely this) to builds with long defensive durations that can tolerate latency spikes or disconnects; I would be able to enjoy playing more aggressively without the threat of having the character terminated because of factors I cannot control or predict. Softcore play has no appeal to me anymore, it is not an acceptable solution to my problem. Thanks for your time and consideration on this.Sydrian14 16h
17h Travis Day is leaving Blizzard/Diablo They talked about it on Westmarch Workshop tonight. Are more of the old guard leaving (he was with them for 13 years) to make room for the new blood? @56:36 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/283565993 http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Travis_Day Take care Travis, I wish you well in your new adventure. From Neinball: https://twitter.com/Indalamar2/status/1017160502273699840Avalon95 17h
18h Rainbow Goblins and Whimsydale Spawns I was wondering if anyone knows how often a Rainbow Goblin spawns, as how often they open a portal to Whimsydale. I just had TWO Rainbow Goblins spawn back to back and BOTH opened portals to Whimsydale. I am NOT playing in Season currently. Thanks.JarekDaal29 18h
18h Can't play WoW. Diablo is a mess as well. Since Wow is completely jacked up right now I figured I'd pay Diablo. Nope. It's a mess too. I may be getting 3 fps at best and is unplayable as Wow is. What the heck is going on???Jslayer6 18h
20h Season Themes 15 - 18 https://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/233301-season-themes-15-18 Greetings! What kind of themes would you like? Here are a few suggestions for upcoming seasons: Season of Chaos... Season of Nemesis... Season of Ancients... Season of a Farmer...--- Suggestion graphics use Blizzard's graphics.Ruined63 20h
20h Game Freezes are FMOD Error should be fixable Before you say anything, it's been 'ported.. plenty. I'm simply commenting on whether Blizzard should just let us fix it ourselves because reportedly, there was once a fix. Yes there was once a fix for these in game freezes before Blizzard changed to Automatically Updating your files before the game launches. If you open up your D3Debug file after you get one of these freezes, I'd say more than 95% of the time there was "FMOD error sound not ready in 200 ms." This error seems to be what is causing the game to lock up for that weird 5-7 second interval every now and then. Reportedly you were once able to simply fix this by going to the FMOD website and downloading fmodex.dll to the current version, but now starting from the launcher it just replaces the updated with the version Blizzard uses with Diablo.. This has been an issue for four years. Yes there are posts back to 2013.. If for whatever reason they cant update their version, why isn't there a work around for us to be able to use it? I mean either way, it's time to fix it-- this error has already cost me and several other HC players many many hours gearing + gem leveling this season from RIPs directly caused by this. I mean like this should be rather annoying for SC players as well.. kinda like the town portal being interrupted by dodge bug-- You're coming out with new content please fix the old or at least let us work around the automated update Thank you.Darth4 20h
23h Immobilized Attacks When an elite uses immobilize on your character (purple forcefield), why does it immobilize some attacks and not others. Going from memory here (I may be wrong), but Teleport, Dashing Strike, and / or Furious Charge seem to be able to get around it while Whirlwind stops dead. You can't even spin in place. A bit frustrating for a WW barb.cyclOne11 23h
1d GR game sorting according to para/bloodshard max plz!! Big T13 GR problem! Can you please patch the adventure mode sorting algorithm to consider a player’s best solo GR lvl when making groups so that chars can play near the levels that’s rewarding, competitive and fun. The current system means any GR game has anywhere from 3-6 different high lvl players popping in and out of the same games looking for players near their own level. This is by far the most annoying part of D3 and seems an easy fix. I know low lvls fish in T13 GRs for high lvls to run them, and I’ve taken advantage of this myself a bit, but I quickly realized I’d rather just be playing at my appropriate GR instead of having to wait for 40 enters/leaves by players before a GR lvl gets agreed on and played. Last night a high-level player opened a regular rift at every GR game with low levels in it so that he would know if he’s already “rejected” the group by popping in and out, which I believe makes it impossible for the guys in the game to play a GR even if they finally get a group of related levels together..McGromit1 1d
1d Can't find Boon of the Hoarder I'm no longer getting any more gems when running greater rifts, but I don't seem to have ever gotten Boon of the Hoarder. I've checked every single gem in my stash and on my character, and it's also not showing up as an option to upgrade when finishing a great rift. Does anyone have any sense of what might be going on? I kind of want to synergize it with Goldwrap.Oceanus37 1d
1d GR game sorting w/ para/blood-shard max Big T13 GR problem! Can you please patch the adventure mode sorting algorithm to consider a player’s best solo GR lvl when making groups so that chars can play near the levels that’s rewarding, competitive and fun. The current system means any GR game has anywhere from 3-6 different high lvl players popping in and out of the same games looking for players near their own level. This is by far the most annoying part of D3 and seems an easy fix. I know low lvls fish in T13 GRs for high lvls to run them, and I’ve taken advantage of this myself a bit, but I quickly realized I’d rather just be playing at my appropriate GR instead of having to wait for 40 enters/leaves by players before a GR lvl gets agreed on and played. Last night a high-level player opened a regular rift at every GR game with low levels in it so that he would know if he’s already “rejected” the group by popping in and out, which I believe makes it impossible for the guys in the game to play a GR even if they finally get a group of related levels together..McGromit0 1d
1d it s fine i m sure u have a nice engine and u can do something nice with this game even if it needs some changes, would be nice for you to do it, sure game is always bad that even the worse patch like paragon and other stupid gems sounds nice but if u stop with stupid and useless patches and make something strong next time... i m sure u wont want to be remembered as biggest game fail in historyMINATECK1 1d
1d When does Z Necro become viable? Pretty much what the title says, at what grift level can I switch to znecro and be of use to the team? I don't want to go znecro, group up with 3 others, only for them to be 1 hitting everything before I even get a curse off.Gemivere3 1d
1d Diablo 3 - Six Years in Review Hey, guys. This is intended as a post toward any Blizzard employees or developers (aren't most posts?), though I'd like for it to be an open discussion. I kind of want to summarize some thoughts and retrospective ideas on the matter of Diablo 3, and what we can all learn from it. I'll not call Diablo 3 a bad game, it's certainly well designed, and I'll try to avoid comparisons to it's previous title too often as well. In short, I'm going to summarize some of the things I think make and break Diablo 3 as a title, and hopefully help explain why it fell so short in comparison to both expectations and previous entries in the series. While opinions are thrown around like candy, I hope this might be able to help just a tiny bit to provide some insight into the nuanced troubles the game has faced over the years as well as some of the personal problems I've faced while trying to enjoy the game on a long term basis (which I have never managed). There is a tl;dr at the bottom. Matchmaking. It baffles me to this day why matchmaking was implemented into this game. Other than people potentially creating vulgar game names, only being able to matchmake with random people has absolutely contributed to the death of social interaction within the game. You cannot create specialized rooms, you can't make trade games, you can't do anything except click on one of three options to create a game, and then wait for random people to get herded into it with you. Social interaction. The complete removal of trading, forced matchmaking, and lack of any support for structured PVP has made this game a wasteland of silence. It's been a while since I've played, but never have I ever spoken to anyone in one of my games for any length of time. There's no point in doing it. You matchmake into a game under the "do bounties" section, and load in with someone who is doing bounties. You follow them around. You kill things. Dead silence. I've made no friends playing this game, and I've never so much as had a conversation with anyone I've played with. I'm trying to avoid comparisons, but think of the times you'd chat with people in Diablo 2. You'd chat while waiting for Baal runs, you'd chat people up for trading, you'd chat about doing some low level duels. Sometimes you'd just join a game called "Act 2 lets get this DONE" and chat with someone and make a friend as you help or team up to get through Act 2. There's a chance I'm an outlier in this matter, but I suspect most people play in complete silence, unless they're playing with friends they know in real life or know from other games. The lack of trading. Same with the matchmaking, what was the thought process behind this? I'm not sure if this was collateral damage in the never-ending quest to destroy third party websites or what, but this singlehandedly killed the game for me, and I'm not trying to be hyperbolic or pretentious. Half of the excitement I get from playing an ARPG is finding a rare unique that could potentially be the jackpot on the trade market. The two things that kept Diablo 2 alive for so many years are its PVP and its trading. You killed both. For what purpose? The lack of excitement. As a developer, you want your audience to get a regular dump of endorphins from playing. You want something to happen that catches their breath, makes them jump in their seat. What does Diablo 3 do to fulfill that? Your items can't be traded, and are often trivial, minor upgrades. You find a legendary. You identify it. You hover over to see if the text comparison is green or red. If green, right click it. If red, vendor it in town for mats. This mostly has to do with trading, going back to the previous point. When you found a unique Spiderweb Sash in Diablo 2, your heart stopped for a moment. That was an Arachnid's Mesh, and you knew it. Even if you didn't need it, that sold for good money. You just won out big time. The only time I've ever felt a jolt of excitement was walking in on a huge swath of treasure goblins. The problem is that after I killed those goblins, I had a bunch of items I couldn't trade to anyone and often were just trivial upgrades, if any. A lack of motivation for endgame. This time I won't compare as much to Diablo 2, as it had a bit of a lacking endgame as well, although I often used my vast riches acquired over the course of the ladder season to fund wacky and often useless character builds. Instead, I'll direct you to Path of Exile, who has nailed the endgame down to a T. When I play Diablo 3, I'll get a new item that is better than my last and say "oh cool" to myself, only to then follow it up with "but why bother?" What does increasing my strength do? Increase my numbers on a scoreboard every ladder season? I can't sell items to become "rich" and fund all sorts of wacky things others can't. I can't increase my power to beat other players in some sort of structured PVP environment. Getting stronger only allows me to go down one extra rift level than before. But for what? For what purpose? I'm playing by myself with items I can't give away or sell and increasing my power in ways that other people can't see or won't care about, and my only goal or aspiration is to further my power a little more? I almost always quit by the time I get a week or two into the endgame content. A small one, the story. Your act bosses and mini-bosses are like Dragonball Z antagonists. Imagine if you walked into the cathedral in Diablo 1, and got a text popup on your screen of The Butcher saying "HAHAHA MORTAL SCUM! I'll be the death of you, just you wait and see. I'll crush all you mortals until you all join my corpses in my bloody room of death!" and every time you descended further into the cathedral, he said it again, but with some other variation or twist. The bosses announce themselves like they're at a football game, and leave absolutely nothing to be explored or discovered for one's self. Just think of Azmodan and that one spider matriarch in Act 3. Azmodan literally blabbers nothingness at you for the ENTIRETY of Act 3, almost every time you complete something. The second you walk into the area with the spider lady, there she is in the middle of your screen, blabbering things at you like "my pretties will get you!" and "mmm you look so delicious I might just have to eat you up!" It ruins their mystique and is one of the most hamfisted methods of telling a story I've ever seen. Finally, the changes. Changes can be good, especially these days. Games have to balance and update their content to keep the game fresh. There is a limit, and we crossed it sometime in 2015. Every time I come back to this game, things are wildly different. At first there were four difficulties, and then they changed that to a monster power system, and then they changed that to a traditional difficulty selection system with torment levels. They had the Nephalem's bonus or whatever you got for killing packs of elites, then removed that too. They removed the auction house, then removed trading. There are hundreds of features that have been removed, added, and changed. Every year when I annually install Diablo 3 again to try and give it another shot, it's a bizarrely different game in terms of it's underlying functions and mechanics. This isn't as big of an issue for your absolutely hardcore audiences, as they follow every patchnote change to the T, but it's a great way to keep people who've played on and off away from the game. Most companies use iterative changes to add content and make small balance changes, not change the entire game and all of it's systems three or four times over in six years. Diablo 3 had mixed reception, and their best effort to try and fix it over and over again turned the game into a convoluted mess. Diablo 3 isn't a bad game, and that's what hurts so bad. I want to love it. I want to play it nonstop and enjoy it. I've stopped trying, though, and I don't think I'm going to try anymore. The best I can hope for is that we learn from these mistakes and that the next game in the series is better because of them. If you have thoughts and/or opinions on the matter, feel free to chat below, I'd love to hear it. Also a disclaimer, I haven't played in about a year or so and I'm not into "brawling" or most PVP for that matter. There is a chance I could have gotten some stuff there wrong, so forgive me. And I'm aware that brawling exists in the game, there's just no social interaction/major following for it as far as I'm aware. tl;dr: 1) why the hell did you make matchmaking the only option for getting into a game 2) the combination of game mechanics and lack thereof makes this game a wasteland without any social interaction 3) you removed trading, one of the staples of the ARPG genre 4) nothing in Diablo 3 is exciting or gives you a rush in any way 5) because you removed trading, custom games, and PVP, there is zero reason to play the game past endgame 6) the story is hamfisted and obnoxious, because it shoves it in your face at every opportunity 7) you've changed the core mechanics of the game so much it's difficult for anyone other than a veteran hardcore fan to keep up with what's even still in the game or has been removedWhibble7 1d
1d Looking for New Players A friend and I will be playing Diablo tonight (5:40 PM PST) and I am looking for new players to tag along with us. He is a veteran of the game and I have only played up to level 69 so far. Used to play on the PS3 before the DLC came out years ago but stopped. I have never done rifts or adventure mode so we can learn together as he shows me/us. He is also going to be power leveling me from 43 to 70 sooo :P Add me if interested on Battlenet Pneumo#11162 Also add me on Discord so we can talk while playing Bleb#4286Pneumo0 1d
1d Barb passive Can u give the barb a new passive that allows them to use a two-hander in a one hand so the Fury Barb can survive morevenomslayer21 1d
1d Wyrdward Ring Is anyone else having trouble getting this ring atm? Iv gone through over 6000 shards and 100+ upgrades through the cube.Black16 1d