General Discussion

Jul 23, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri3 Jul 23, 2012
Nov 13, 2015 Fansites, Social Media, and Other External Communities The Diablo III team here at Blizzard is fortunate to have a wealth of fan resources that are updated regularly to help keep players informed and entertained. We’ve highlighted just a small number of those below for you to check out. Keep in mind that these websites are not owned or operated by Blizzard Entertainment, and we don't control or endorse all information found on them. This list is also not exhaustive. We’d like to include more sites as necessary over time to provide you with the best, most up-to-date community resources. If you have an active site, community, or podcast that is not listed, please message me. Fansites and Communities /r/Diablo DiabloWiki BlizzPro Diablo Fans Diabloii.net diablo.somepage.com Diablo Hub Gameplay Databases & Tracking Diablo Rank D3Planner Diablo Transmog.me DiabloNut Diablo Progress Diablo Stats Podcasts The Diablo Podcast Shattered Soulstone Westmarch Workshop Kulle Story Bro Gameplay Streams Rhykker Spontainy Bluddshed Leviathan111 Bigdaddyden76 Lynxaria PJS2 Totes_MahGotes Syrinnea EmpyriangamingKauza1 Nov 13, 2015
Feb 16, 2017 Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista With the launch of Patch 2.6.1, we will be ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in Diablo III. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, Diablo III will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version.Tyvalir0 Feb 16, 2017
Mar 1 2.6.1 Hotfixes - UPDATED 2/28 Below you will find a list of hotfixes recently applied or coming soon that address various bugs or mechanic tweaks. These hotfixes should not require you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented while others may require restarting the game to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch. Also note that changes to certain abilities will not be reflected in its tooltip until a patch is issued. Last updated February 28. Hotfixes are denoted by the date they were applied to live servers. Previous Hotfixes: [2.5.0] [2.6.0] [LIVE HOTFIXES] General Fixed an issue that caused players with 32-bit clients to have trouble joining parties (12/11) Fixed an issue where occasionally a party invite would result in a string error (12/11) Fixed an issue where the right-click context menu in the Social pane occasionally disappeared (12/11) Mystic Fixed an issue where legacy versions of Dead Man's Legacy, Staff of Chiroptera, and Manticore would sometimes display a blank affix in the Mystic's Enchant window (11/8) Seasons Conquests Fixed an issue where the conquest "Curses!" would not properly register (2/28) Items Bone Ringer Fixed an issue where the Bone Ringer bonus was not cleared upon entering a Greater Rift (1/22) The Legendary effect for Bone Ringer has been reactivated Monkey King's Garb Fixed an issue where some achievements and conquests would not properly triggered while the 6-piece bonus of Monkey King's Garb was active (11/17) Shield of Fury Fixed an issue where multiple Crusaders could benefit from the bonus provided by Shield of Fury (11/17) The power for Shield of Fury is now active again. See this thread for more information Ivory Tower Ivory Tower now has an internal cooldown (11/8) Ivory Tower's proc now scales with the amount of blocks the player had occur within the internal cooldown timeframe (11/8) This additional change should result in no change in power for this Legendary Warhelm of Kassar Fixed an issue where Warhelm of Kassar was modifying the Crusader's damage by an incorrect amount (11/8)Nevalistis5 Mar 1
1h demon hunter doesnt do enough damage I dont feel like demon hunter has any real big damage skills and they are very easy to kill. They lack single target damage and even their multi target damage isnt very good. i feel like the only strong part of demon hunter is vault because its a good escape, their damage dealing capability is too weak.HailFall47 1h
1h Strange new enemy... I was happily roaming around the Fields of Misery when I ran into an enemy that I have never seen before--a sort of large, brown bird. But every time the thing came near me, I lost all of my mana (and my WD nearly drove me insane saying "I need more mana" about fifty million times). I tried everything I could think of, but couldn't kill the stupid thing--it even followed me into the Khaza Den!! I finally lost it by retracing my steps back to the cemetery and into town (my town portal wouldn't work with no mana). What in the world was this thing...NMJenny211 1h
2h Where Are Gamers Starting New Characters ? I have just returned to this game after many years away. There appears to be no one available to team up with in a public game on the Falling Star map. Does this mean no one on planet earth is starting new characters at this time ?Naughtious188 2h
2h Diablo update there was an update? any information on what was 'fixed'?Algiz11 2h
2h Diablo III Skill System Sucks The rune system for skills in Diablo 3 is just so bad. Why does Chain Lightning have a rune that enables it to do fire damage? Why would a skill named "Electrocute" ever do any damage other than lightning? If they wanted to make the rune system interesting they would build on this premise rather than completely change the ability so that it's basically a placeholder. Likewise, why would a skill named Shock Pulse ever do any damage other than lightning? The Wizard doesn't have a single low level ability that does Fire damage. The first skill that does Fire damage is Hydra, which you get at level 21. How is this good design? The earliest fire-based skill that the Wizard gets is a Rune variant of "Charged Bolts" at level 18, which is already useless because Charged Bolts was never meant to be a high level ability in Diablo 2 or Diablo 3. Where is the build options? You're basically pigeon holed the entire game into whatever the strongest element is at your level. Gear doesn't change this until you get to the late game (takes maybe 2 days) at which point it goes the opposite direction and pigeon holes you into the element that has the gear to back it up. There is absolutely no options, at any point in the game, unless you want to make things far more difficult than they need to be (and the game is already a snooze-fest at high difficulties). In Diablo 2 you could start out right away with your choice between Ice Bolt, Charged Bolt, or Fire Bolt. That's 3x as many options as Diablo 2. Then you got to choose whether you wanted to further specialize into those elements and they were all viable so long as you actually specialized into them intelligently. The only argument against these "choices" is the fact that Diablo 2 had monster element immunity affixes, which made you have to diversify your build. How is this any different than Diablo 3's affixes? You're forced into defensive play styles because of the gear-check affixes that deal damage without any ability to be evaded such as Plague Pools, Jailer, Frozen (the orbs do significant damage before they explode), leaping monsters (way too many), etc. etc. How is this any different? They've literally just changed it so that instead of being able to choose how you diversify your build you're pigeon holed into 1 or 2 viable options. I consider "viable" in Diablo 3 to be anything that works above Torment 80, which is basically the difficulty equivalent of "Hell" in Diablo 2. Anything below that is just as easy as a level 80 Diablo 2 character doing Nightmare difficulty. Lots of thoughts here but I've been playing Diablo 2 recently and I don't know how they lost so much of what was to be learned. Why are they including abilities that even in Diablo 2 were just placeholders for higher level abilities? Why are they including runes that are basically "select your element" variations when elements are entirely meaningless. Why are there so few options for the elements that you're able to take advantage of (aside from elements being meaningless). Why did they even include elements at all? Just over homogenizing things for the same of over simplicity, did nothing but take away from the game. ------------------- In Diablo 2, I found an Amulet for my Necromancer that increased cast-rate by 10%. The design of the game is so good that I was actually able to use this Amulet all the way to the next difficulty without needing to improve it. It didn't inhibit my character's progression. In fact, my 2 rings and amulet are all from like level 5. In Diablo 3 that would be absolutely impossible to have these items be this useful for that long (unless you've already completed the game). How did you miss so much, Blizzard? Like how is the design so bad when you had Diablo 2 to learn from? All that had to be done was improve minor problems.steve63 2h
2h Power lvl to 70 in seasonal EU anyone out there that could boost me and my friend to 70?Lyth3 2h
3h Whats the point on playing? I just can't find enjoyment in this game, I did all the story. Did 1 season and that was it, I just don't see the fun in the game. What am I missing that keeps you playing? P.S. this isn't a hate post im just curious if im doing D3 wrong, or is it just not a game for everyone?ughash16 3h
3h Best skill system: Skill Specific Talent Tree? I came to the conclusion that there is a better skill system for active skills than D3's rune system or D2's point based skill tree. This better system is also a point based system, but it is not like Diablo 2's skill tree and it is also not completely unlike D3's rune system. It sort of is a mix of both. This came to me when I came across Last Epochs skill system, which combines the best of D2's skill tree (the sense of progression and investment into a skill) and D3's rune system (the ability to drastically change a skill), by integrating skill changing perks (similar to D3's runes) in which you can spend a point, into a skill specific talent tree where you can also find other skill specific talents in which you also can spend points, that improve the skill by just changing numbers (like increasing damage, increasing the area of effect or reducing resource costs). The idea is that you can swap out skills anytime you want to (just like in D3), however, you can only specialize in a handful of skills and once you have specialized in a skill, you gain access to its skill specific talent tree. You would gain more points for a specific skill, the more you use it once you have specialized in it. Here is a link to Rhykker's video where he explains LE's skill system: https://youtu.be/qOa1c4F0s5o?t=3m10s ================== I created a few concept arts to illustrate how such a system could look like in D3: Here is the skill Hydra as an example: https://imgur.com/KBx5akF Here is the skill Hammer of the Ancients as an example: https://imgur.com/O5WtH5R Here is the skill Command Skeletons as an example: https://imgur.com/XWZE2xi Remember that these are just examples for the purpose of illustrating how such a system could look like! ================== I think such a skill system is superior than both D2's skill tree and D3's current skill system, because it combines the best of both of them and it would satisfy fans of D2's skill tree as well as fans of D3's rune system. What do you think is the best skill system for active skills for a game like D3? Note to the moderators: this is not a thread about Diablo 4, Diablo 2 or Last Epoch, this is a discussion about what the best possible skill systems for Diablo 3 and ARPG's in general could be, so please leave this thread in the General Discussions Forum. Thank you!clueso20 3h
3h The reason we are upset is because D3 is stale Thats why we wanted D4, D2 remastered, or even D3 expansion. To change the game play. Even D3 expansion would given us a change in hopes of some of the gameplay changing to make it new. Adding a character might be fun to learn, but will ultimately fall in line with the other meta with the same D3 stale gameplay. We obviously aren't entitled, but the diablo franchise is one of the best selling franchises of all games. You messed up diablo with Diablo 3 but all you had to do was either try to fix it, give us something remastered as its own game, or give us Diablo 4 and you would have made a boat load of money.Lolly9 3h
4h Botting Issue Fixed yet? Hello, I haven't played in a long time. I was playing another game, but my main char was nerfed so bad, I quit and haven't played since. That game had no bots by the way. None whatsoever. Now I am wondering, is d3 still a bot haven, or have they finally fixed the issue?Love7 4h
4h Wings for season rewards Blizzard please change time on time the type of the wings which are reward for the seasons. Every time the wings are demonic type, which is boring. Put some Angelic looking wings out there for the following seasons. Bone type of wings are so many now or the other types but after all only few angelic looking wings with pre order or expansion. Please think for this Blizzard.Rejev3 4h
4h Dead game. Played through the storyline, it was fun while that last, not after.ScarletStudy12 4h
5h Blinding white page every click... The 6-yr-old game died 5 days ago. Guess what game it was?Amira4 5h
5h Armory Suggestion I've posted this before but I'm bored. So here I am again. Basically armory would save like it does now but it would also save the unused pieces of sets in the armory itself. I mean, when I first heard of this awesome new feature coming out I thought this woulda been implied, given the name (since armories actually store weapons and armor). Since it doesn't though we still have space issues from time to time in the stash but now also must find some backwards way of keeping track of the saved sets so they dont get cleaned out when you need to free up space. If what I suggest is done wouldn't this kill two birds with one stone? The only reasons this didn't actually happen is either because people got lazy during its development and/or there's some greedy ulterior motive that remained unnoticed. It just feels like it was done only halfway.Fatyboomboom4 5h
6h What are the best combos for Duo multygaming? Hey guys? My friend bought Diablo III and we going to play together mainly. Atm I playing with a monk. Im kinda new too i do around gr 50. He will play a DH or a Wizzard. I want to stay with Monk or reroll to DH/WD. Can we build something powerfull from this? Ty :).Gorzza4 6h
6h Stop Dreaming The DEVS are not going to be providing Blue Post Updates The CMS only Blue Post Update in months was a pathetic " How you doing in S13" Game hasnt changed since S12. So 6 months of absolutely nothing Blizzcon got absolutely no D3 Goodies at all When are people going to wake up and realise that the game is in Maintenence Mode and no amount of forum crying is going to change the complete utter disregard the development team have for this game and franchise No Blue Post is going to come out and say hey guys FYI Maintenence Mode. Any person with half a mind should be able to realise soley based on the 0 Feedback from CMS and DEVS, the 0 PTRs and the 0 Changes in 6 months, and the 0 Attention from Blizzcons Virtual Ticket ( Not even a !@#$ty pet ) . Games while in its state is still fun. A fresh change is not incoming. If you want to be hopeful and say Druid is coming.. Well good on you but even if it did. You would be waiting a full year for it to officially come out and still be broken like the Necro IS. So why rock the boat of an already sinking shipKeyblade21 6h
8h Diablo 4 = Encrypted Items / Loot Looking to the past as an improvement to the future, is it possible for Blizzard to encrypt ITEMS in the game? Not release what is available, not broadcast what sets you can get. Why? Because not knowing is half the fun. The other half comes in killing hordes and hordes of demons in hopes of a possible ... glorious ... upgrade(s). Diablo I and II, I didn't have access or information pertaining to quick item/set guides for build flavors of the month. I stumbled on my own and talking with my buddies on what is and isn't working. Flash forward to Diablo 3 and even World of Warcraft. We have transparent insider information as to what is and isn't available. This is my opinion was very valuable information yet killed the replay-ability of Diablo 3. What if we didn't know what was offered for items, sets, etc ... What if we had to truly let these items drop in order for the forums, subreddits and other sites to propagate what items were available. Can Blizzard do this? Is it possible to encrypt the items within game? By doing so - we'd be completely blinded as to what's available in order to feed the ultimate hunt or drive to find "what's next" and always chasing that possible upgrade. Thoughts?nero1 8h
9h Jay "shut up pvp" Wilson. My idol Here is a video of someone else who have a similar opinion about Jay "shut up pvp" Wilson ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A07nD8-qr5U ), if you don't understand why "shut up pvp", here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLWpT_nsTE Everyone knows that nobody ever used to play PvP on D2 or D1 and Blizzard don't need the subscription of WoW fans who like PvP. How people dare to like to do pvp in a game created to represent a war between horde and alliance? That is ridiculous!!! Jay "shut up pvp" Wilson only made right choices on D3 and WoW. I love now how monks needs big, sharp and heavy axes in order to have strong punches/kicks, how 2 same level characters are clones in attributes and skills, how skills have zero progression and how high difficulty is only high gear demanding. If you dare to dislike this amazing changes and demand RPG elements into a RPG game, you are selfish and are only doing it by nostalgia. Doesn't matter if all other aRPG's on market allow it. People play RPG's expecting a high level of homogenization, not customization!!!! The changes that he made on story are amazing too. For example, what happened to Deckard Cain against a butterfly . Other amazing idea of Jay "shut up pvp" Wilson was to not include Necromancer on Diablo 3. Why? Because necromancer is too well implemented according to him ... How people can dare to like a class that i think that is well implemented? let's kill the fantasy of a "Dark Magician" and implement a less dark Witch Doctor to replace him. Instead of putting a WoW like Warlock using a unique resources of soul shards, why not kill the "dark magician" fantasy? Nobody like this fantasy!!! And unique resource for a class? That is against class homogenization and everyone loves homogenization. Is not like anyone like the "grim" nature of Diablo. This is why the Jay "shut up pvp" Wilson added a Pony level instead of a Cow level ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkAEi5oJsiY&t=163s ) Also, he is a very mature guy. ... How dare David Brevik say that he will create D3 in another way? That is worse than any insult!!! People should't be able to say anything different than "i love d3, d3 is a perfect game and i hope learn with the great master Jay "shut up pvp" Wilson how to create a perfect game" D.I.S.C.L.A.I.M.E.R. : IF you din't understood this post, please check if your sarcasm detector is not broken.L0rdV1ct0r46 9h
11h June 15th How many days after season 14 starts on June 15th, will people want to know when will the season end? I will say the posts will start on the 18th (I could be wrong, some may already be asking), and will continue up until the announcement for the end of the season. Dozens of posts will appear during the season, asking the same questions, over and over and over. It appears that for some the season is just a weekend event for speed racer. Now, empower yourself and start with the down votes.Avalon11 11h
11h Xbox 1 first time Hardcore.. how do i find a Vengeful wind? Working my way up the torments.. currently at tormet 2... any tips?Kobk2 11h
13h Diablo 3's Mechanics Are Comparatively Bad I have been playing Diablo 2 for a few weeks now (started with a Sorceress until I was geared enough to have a HDin). It amazes me how shallow the gameplay in Diablo 3 is. No hit recovery, no frozen/cold effects, no monster resistances, no useful block mechanics. What happened? All of these things were in Diablo 2 from the very beginning, and they serve an integral role in combat. There are no ranged classes in D3. Every single character needs to be able to stand in the middle of a pack of monsters to progress to any kind of meaningful difficulty (and the difficulty is another giant issue). Hit recovery is one of the most noticeable mechanics that has been lost. This was a key survivability mechanic for caster classes. You need to be able to do enough damage (> 1/12 enemy's health) so that they go through their hit recovery animation, which effectively turns any powerful attack into a mini-stun. This is the cradle of ranged classes until you are able to get uber gear (the end goal is the same, the journey there is completely stripped of all meaning). Lack of blocking? This was huge in Diablo 2, and was the reason you would take Dexterity as a caster class. You take enough Strength to use your equipment, enough Dex. to get 75% block, and then the rest in Vitality. There was no point in putting points into Energy because you could hold out on mana potions until you had the appropriate gear (something like Insight on a caster's mercenary for mana regeneration). However, the gear you had strongly influenced how many stat points you would need to allocate into each. Where are all of these intricacies? Diablo 3 is just stupid simple compared to Diablo 2 and it shows at every level of combat. Oh and what the hell is with the abundance of channeling abilities? How is that fun? I am hard pressed to think of a single channeled ability in Diablo 2. There weren't even cooldowns, save for a handful of abilities (Frozen Orb, Meteor). It amazes me how people can even compare the two games Diablo 2 is just on an entirely other level. In my opinion Diablo 2 is still, by far, the best ARPG there is. How do you turn Picasso into macaroni pictures Blizzard?steve71 13h
13h Won't load up if there is a windows update I can't load a game until i manually do "check for updates". So basically if there is just a little update like to the Windows Defender just the smallest update, diablo 3 will not load me into a game. It also happens if there is a new game ready driver from Nvidia, but that i can actually understand. I can get into character select, but as soon as i start game it freezes. then i have to sign out of windows or this time it actually crashed without me having to sign out, but usually i do. So yeah am I the only one this happens to? seems like the game should run without that little update to windows defender. It's kinda embarrasing when I start my stream at character select, then the game freezes when i try to load a game, so i have to sign out of windows and basically end my stream in the first minute.Shade2 13h
13h dance moves and emotes #1 problem with D3 is no dance moves. #2 no emotes #3 cant shift click inventory to salvage items at the blacksmith. We need a dance revolutionMasterkane24 13h
13h Finding GR groups... how do u do it? I figured since i have over 700 GR keys, i would focus on XP speed farming GRs to reach the elusive Para 800+ instead of playing seasons for patch 2.3. And of course, being that XP gains are much better in a group, i figured i'll finally start playing multiplayer games instead of solo for a change... PROBLEM: i can't seem to find groups! if i join public games , there are barely any there; 10 games is the most i've seen in public , and even if, they are usually all over the place (Para 200 electing to run GRs 55+, or folks not starting or declining the GR invite); joining public GRs is basically a stab in the dark as you don't know what GR Tier people you are matched with are capable of or queueing for.... again, that's if you find any public GR groups... *** I tried public GRs on T7, T8, T9 and T10 ....no luck. Then i figured my only out is to join a clan; it helped a little but its still a process to put a group of 4 together run GRs. Joining public RIFTS (not Greater Rifts) was never an issue, you can jump from one to another and farm rifts for hours non stop,,, what's going with GRs?what am i missing? what am i doing wrong?AKL10 13h
14h PTR for season 14? So are we gonna get a ptr for season 14?PinkUnicorn63 14h
14h I feared it, looks like D3 is in maintanance mode now Season 13 will end soon. I was done with season 13 after 4 days by completing the whole season journey and I lost interest again. I went for giving Wolcen and Last Epoch a try instead of doin' the same things again and again. My hope was, that patches will keep the game alive, but my biggest fear after the last big balance patch was, that it would've been the last one. Now we are going to see the 4th season without any updates, so I guess it won't be more than a four day sprint again. Same builds, nothing new :'( I have almost 4000 hours of play time, achieved 100% of all achievments, played every class and every build I enjoyed playing. The game was absolutly worth the money and I still love the game. It is still a great game and the pure gameplay is unrivaled. It's smooth, it's fast, it's simple. But there are so many possibilities to extend the game, keep it fresh and interesting and I would love to see it happen. A new class, new sets/items and/or even a new expansion, but my hope is tumbling down. All classes are in an okay-ish state more or less and there are no hints they will change anything in the near future. What a big pity, welcome to maintanance modeLordBenneX24 14h
14h Any update from the Devs? Some form of communication about end of season and next patch would be amazing. Could we get an update please? It has been almost 3 months since this season started. I really hope that we do not see another season of the same stuff.Robdoggierob108 14h
14h has anyone found Discovery of Sanctuary pts 2 and 3? Found the first entry on my first playthrough when the expansion was first released, on an Ancient Corpse in the Battlefields of Eternity. Been farming that area ever since with the same character, looking for parts 2 and 3 to get the lore achievements. Those two entries are the last ones I need, but so far nothing. Haven't found the ancient corpse once since then, and it's getting frustrating having to comb through the entire massive area over and over again with nothing. Every single time there's an Angelic Scrolls which spawns the History of Pandemonium lores, but I've never found the Ancient Corpse since that first time, unless I've managed to miss it every single time. Has anyone found parts 2 and 3 of this lore? Any tips? Did it spawn in some particular corner, along one particular side, etc. ? Can it spawn on the Crag? Anything would be welcome at this point. I really want the achievement, but I'm sick of farming this area.giantsequoia21 14h
17h Diablo 3 Statistics Since the information is not readily available.... I estimate that out of all the people that bought Diablo3 , 65% bought the expansion. Out of all the people that bought both d3 and expansion, 10-20% bought Necromancer pack. I think they were going to release druid but they realized how bad they killed the fanbase and how bad the necro pack sold, they canceled druid. I think this is pretty accurate. I could be wrong if I underestimated console users . I can see how console players could’ve contributed huge amounts... but from PC standpoint I think blizzard realizes how bad of a disaster D3 ended upPycckue23 17h
18h Is Diablo 3 fun? or boring? Some feedback Hey guys, the topic proposed a question. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks, because I'm on the fence. Let me start off by saying that I'm not trying to bash this game, I'm trying to generate some positive feedback and discussion, so that developers in Blizzard can learn from their fans/customers. Failure to do so now would mean losing a great portion of us. Anyways: The nostalgia is wearing off, and now I can't decide if this game really lives up to it's predecessor. The gameplay is fantastic IMO. The physics, explosions, environmental interaction, spells/attacks are original and exciting. At a basic level, this game meets my approval as an improvement upon diablo 2. Hacking and slashing, shooting and dodging, and just otherwise pulverizing the spawns of hell is still just as fun. But I think that's where it stops (at least for me). This game now feels like a chore for me. I work and work and work with no reward. I can barely survive in act 1 inferno (with pretty decent gear) and really whats the point? I slowly walked through normal, nightmare, and hell (meaning I went just about everywhere, clicked on just about every object, and killed just about every monster, etc), with nothing to show for it. Three full difficulties without a single legendary, or set for that matter. I had started to think that there was some requirement to obtain these items that I wasn't fulfilling, but no. It's just an extremely low chance. Now everybody knows the issues here with the current system of item acquirement, so I won't get into it**. Suffice to say that compared to diablo 2, "Legendary" items are pathetically useless, and unjustifiably hard to find. Lets move on. **If you DON'T know what I'm talking about, Yamahako made a brilliantly intuitive post about it here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151274074 ---> I would recommend everyone read it. The stats and skills part of this game are now completely crippled (compared to diablo 2). There is now no choice in the matter of strength, vitality, intelligence, and dexterity. These stats are chosen for us, with no creativity allowed. If, as a barbarian for example, I have a bunch of gear that adds to my resistance, why would I want intelligence? Why can't I put points into the stats that my character needs? It is the same with skills, and there is no variation. Blizzard will keep nerfing/buffing them until all the skills of a particular class are just as good as all the other skills for that class. This has good intention, but what happens when it doesn't matter whatsoever which skills we use? The whole point is to figure out which skills work best for you or which ones you like best, and you build your character around these skills. Making skills equally powerful (or equally useless) will just dumb the game down further, removing more of our choices. It seems like Blizzard just got lazy with the skills, and instead of having continued gradual improvements on your skills, they are extremely simplified. The bottom line is that there are no dynamics/diversity to character building. Its just "get to lvl 60 and farm farm farm farm farm" to build up your gear to a high enough level to beat inferno. I find myself having to go to the auction house and sift through miles of ridiculously overpriced or useless items to find one that suits my needs. On a side note: My blacksmith (level 9) is completely inexperienced, meaning that I haven't used him a single time yet. I have yet to find any kind of "plans" other than a vendor who had plans for a "hellish staff of herding" (which is a white item). really? why even bother? One last thing I wanted to talk about was PvP. I don't see it. Literally and figuratively. In the literal sense because it doesn't exist yet, making it a possible failure or success, we don't know yet. In the figurative sense that I simply don't see how it could possibly be fun. With the way things are now, all it comes down to is your gear. Skills and stats will not change the course of a duel (other than the character lvl). Personal ability will become moot if the opposing player has better gear. I think blizzard should seriously consider how repetitive this game is, and how that will reflect in dueling. I meant to keep this post short, and here I wrote over 6 paragraphs lol. I have a lot to say I guess. Anyways, to sum it all up: - Gameplay is fun and interesting (as it always will be to pulverize enemies) - Auction house is boring (to me), and players should not be forced to use it. - Character building is getting boring (promised multiple builds are non-existent, or at least very limited) - Finding decent items simply doesn't happen enough to make the game exciting, at least for me. Not sure what everyone else's experience has been. - PvP, arguably the most exciting part of diablo 2, is so far non existent Your thoughts on these points? Is this game as fun as diablo 2? Could it be better (and how)?GriPDeaTh34 18h
18h Diablo 4: Rapture....is this possible? Here the link: https://troupster.com/diablo-4-rapture-to-be-announced-at-e3-2018/Luxmaris35 18h
19h Seasonal Hero Questions I was about to start my first hero when I got a warning saying i'll start at 0 gold, so on and so on. I dont lose all of my gold do i? It'll still be there I just wont be able to access it on that seasonal character correct? Also, when does S13 end? --- MikeRooster3 19h
20h S13 End date Announced https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/21791946/season-13-ending-soon-5-18-2018 Season 13 will end on the following dates: North America: Sunday, June 3 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT Europe: Sunday, June 3 @ 5:00 p.m. CET Asia: Sunday, June 3 @ 5:00 p.m. KST Season 14 will begin about two weeks afterward on the dates below: North America: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT Europe: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CET Asia: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KSTChetanji31 20h
21h Low fps after switching motherboards Hey! Here's my problem: I had to switch motherboards since the old one literally started smoking and now my fps have dropped down A LOT. The thing went like this: I had an Asus M5A97 R2.0 EVO with a FX-8370, 8GB RAM and a GTX 750 Ti Strix, with this setup I used to play with every graphics setting in high, this continued for around 2-3 years until the motherboard just died(Tried to turn it on one day, it would but it wouldn't show anything on the screen or respond ot anything and it even smoked a tiny tiny bit for a second). Today I replaced it for an Asrock N68-GS4 FX R2.0 and even though I installed every driver I could find multiple times, now even in low settings, I have like 20-30 fps! I even went to NVIDIA Control panel and changed the power settings, did the same in Windows Power Settings, nothing! Any ideas on what might be going on? This happens in League of Legends too but doesn't quite happen in Overwatch though(Went into practice range with Junkrat, never anything lower than 100 fps) so I know it must be a software problem. Thanks in advance! Edit: CPU temps don't go higher than 22°C and GPU temps are max 24° CZumdas7 21h
21h My Primals A little bored waiting for Season 11 to start, I created a Mule account and threw my Primals on it to show some friends what I have collected so far and figured, what the heck so here you go. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luciffer-1358/hero/90176247 Got to love RNG, HahaLuciffer6 21h
22h Mini Seasons UPDATED FOR S14 Instead of a full 3 month grind like the last 13 seasons, what about testing something new next season? Three 30 day seasons, with certain Seasonal Adjustments. MS-1: The Quickening: Base 2.0 APS, uncapped Movement Speed, remove all internal cooldowns. MS-2: The Happening: All skill proc rates set to 1.0 MS-3: The Withering: 1.08 legendary drop rates, but all drops are Primal. Then we can go right back into another 13 straight seasons of even more grinding. Obviously, the Seasonal Adjustments are open for discussion, as mine are just quick examples.cknopp21 22h
1d Show us your non-meta builds! I missed using Electrocute as a main damage dealer and finding a use for Mirror Images so figured I'd give it a try with Manald Heal and LON: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/SwankyDevil-1805/hero/99909921 With a gimped version, I was clearing GR50s in 5.5-7min each run. Last night I optimised the build a bit so we'll see how well it can run T13 and higher. The build generates AP back so quickly so Aquila only drops for tiny bit after each teleport. And you wanna be TPing around for that Safe Passage buff too. Hydras are there for single targets as Electrocute seems to proc paralysis/MH more in groups. Black Hole isn't bad either when it procs MH... feels very much like a nuke. MIs are surprisingly good for decoys and for extra Black Holes for crowd control. I considered using Arcane Dynamo but since I'm not spamming non-signature spells too often, I opted to use a combo of Audacity for my damage passive and Zeis so that I get a damage boost at close and ranged attacks. So what non-meta builds do you run?SwankyDevil35 1d
1d Hamelin makes me sick I've seen a lot of disgusting creatures in this game and others but Hamelin just about takes the cake. I feel so uncomfortable fighting this wretched creature that spawns rats from the holes in his back. I almost feel like leaving the rift if he's the boss at the end. Are there any Diablo creatures that make you feel uneasy?OrangeJuice11 1d
1d Hopefully... The dev's are working on something for the game and keeping it secret as a surprise for later. Because the lack of community engagement from the D3 team is disheartening to say the least.Theudys6 1d
1d 757 and counting... I have attempted to level a gem from 103 to 104 in a 91 level rift. After 757 attempts at 1% I find the "odds" to be quite amusing as we are closer to 0.1% than 1%. This is not the first time I have went over 500 attempts for a single level. It is not bad luck, it is bad code. BTW, that 757 is still climbing....JustJeff47 1d
1d spectral blade is spectral blade ever worth using? It feels very weak to me. So does basically every other primary skill for wizardsHailFall7 1d
1d Power level HC Seasonal Just lost my HC wizard looking for someone to help me reach lvl 70 asapwolfbane5 1d
1d Play without Battle.net app? Hey guys, I'm wondering if I can play by bypassing the app? For instance when I played WoW, I could go into the WoW folder and play by using the WoW.exe file. Some time ago, the app quit loading for me and nothing I have done, short of a complete PC reset, has worked.Acky7 1d
1d What is considered "crowd control" for achievements? I'm getting really sick of killing Maghda over and over again on Torment I with different sets of skills and items to try and get the Maghdanimity achievement. None of what I'm using appears to involve any kind of crowd control -- just some area effects -- but I'm never rewarded the achievement. Even though I *did* get it for Belial. Could we please have a simple explanation of which skills and item abilities will prevent the award of a boss crowd control achievement? Surely this can't be that difficult! And it will make life a lot easier for everyone playing. Otherwise I fear I'll start playing Skyrim and never come back. :(Starlite33 1d
1d Happy 6th birthday Diablo 3 Happy 6th birthday Diablo 3... Thanks for thousands of hours of fun!!! I wish the best future to this marvellous saga!!! Regards...Hugote8436 1d
1d Any Coupons Exist? I'm trying to talk a friend into buying this, and he's lukewarm because of the lack of USING your weapon to attack (which was my hangup for awhile, too) The inability to party up since he's on the basic/trial is ALSO souring him, so I'm trying to find if any coupon codes exist so I can make the price more palatable for him.Eguzky3 1d