General Discussion

5m A Quick Word from Blizzard We want to start by saying we hear you. Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.Nevalistis4949 5m
Jul 23, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri3 Jul 23, 2012
1h Season 16 Extension Season 16 has proved to be our most popular Themed Season yet, and we’re glad to hear so many of you are enjoying experimenting with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff. We’ve seen some really cool and unique builds come out of community theorycrafting and seeing them play out in practice has been exciting! We have plans for Season 17, but they are going to need some time for us to test both internally and via PTR closer to launch. To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12. We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme.Nevalistis93 1h
Nov 13, 2015 Fansites, Social Media, and Other External Communities The Diablo III team here at Blizzard is fortunate to have a wealth of fan resources that are updated regularly to help keep players informed and entertained. We’ve highlighted just a small number of those below for you to check out. Keep in mind that these websites are not owned or operated by Blizzard Entertainment, and we don't control or endorse all information found on them. This list is also not exhaustive. We’d like to include more sites as necessary over time to provide you with the best, most up-to-date community resources. If you have an active site, community, or podcast that is not listed, please message me. Fansites and Communities /r/Diablo DiabloWiki BlizzPro Diablo Fans Diablo Hub DiabloII.net Gameplay Databases & Tracking D3Planner DiabloNut Diablo Progress Diablo Stats Podcasts Shattered Soulstone Westmarch Workshop Kulle Story Bro Gameplay Streams Rhykker Bluddshed Leviathan111 Bigdaddyden76Kauza1 Nov 13, 2015
19m DiabloFans shutting down. With the eminent shutting down of DiabloFans, to me, it is representative of where the game has gone. As a site that has helped me so much, it is a shame to lose such a useful tool. To those who put the hard work and commitment in to producing such a productive site, I salute you. Thank you.CrankyMofo2 19m
19m Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready" says NetEase CFO From the CFO of NetEase on their earnings call. Transcript: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4242751-netease-inc-ntes-ceo-william-ding-q4-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript ...Jinx104 19m
23m Diablofans is saying goodbye Sad news - I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve gone there for build advice and to learn what Blizzard is up to. A fantastic resource. https://www.diablofans.com/news/49102-diablofans-says-farewellBrownieMix64 23m
24m How do you get anything good to get ahead? There seems to be such a wide range in the good stats now that if you are a casual non-cheating person, that you really get frustrated fast in this game. I just spent over a week collecting souls and doing bounties and rolled over 50 to get pretty much nothing. I got three ancients and they were worse than the regular item I have or the ancient I was trying to get better. To spend that amount of time and get no further ahead is really frustrating especially when you look at the leaderboards and see that the person in the 1000th place has better than you have. So my question is how do they do it? What is the secret? I refuse to cheat to get ahead. But it seems to me that the game is designed so that cheaters have the best chance to get ahead.charliedog7 24m
42m fast way to get ramaladni's gifts? so every season is pretty touch and go where sometimes I get these fast and in large amounts and others I barely get like 3 or 4 per season... Is there a sure way to get them is it just completely random? People have told me to just run rifts and gr as fast as possible and eventually law of averages will drop them but I've run a lot of rifts/gr and I think I've only got 2 this season...Scorp32 42m
45m Cm Thank you! I am lost for words here trying to show my appreciation when I saw multiple post today by our CM Nevalistis. I guess we all as a community want to see you here more often so we can communicate through official forums and be in touch with Blizzard. I really hope this transparent communication goes forward and we see more of you here everyday.Achilles13 45m
1h Q on BoP ... 1. Are these two, additive (x1.35%) or multiplicative(x1.38)? I assume the latter. 2. Are these two a separate multiplier to other damage multipliers? I assume that the 2nd part goes to "Elite damage multiplier group" in the same group as Furnace, SOJ, but what about the 1st part, separate with other damage group? thanks!Astig1 1h
1h Stash Tab NOT Armory Tab Why did Diablo developers think it was a better idea to add 5 more armory tab instead of 5 more stash tab? They said they wanted us to try out new builds for the new season, well if we are going to experiment with new build we need will need more space for gear. The logic behind adding armory over stash tab to promote new build is simply backwards. Currently, at 5 armory tabs I do not even use it all, so what is the point of having 10 armory tabs? Diablo developers are you guys even listening to your players, or our you pulling ideas from a hat, or from a small minority of players who have no clue about the game?FatNeckbeard31 1h
1h So are you gonna put a ring on it or not? Season 16 only has a few weeks left and this is the time we normally would see PTR announced. But considering the current circumstance, let's lower our expectations a little. Let's just keep the Grandeur buff and call it a day. That takes literally NO WORK as it's already implemented. I'm sure most people would be happy with just that. Let's face it, it's not like they have anyone left to develop a new theme lol xDSevenShadow16 1h
1h Season 17 Theme Double XPJumpman0 1h
2h profile page 500 error My main accounts profile page has a 500 error whilst this account doesn't. I haven't logged in on this account after the patch hit whilst on the main one I've done heaps of tweaks such as put potions on all my characters and set up 8 builds on my main Wiz. Has the patch caused a 500 error for anyone else?SwankyDevil67 2h
2h Cash shops With D:I nearing the end of its development, the fans are getting ready to jump on Blizzard if the game offers P2W microtransactions. There’s a lot of anger towards microtransactions in the gaming world and I agree with the sentiment for the most part. It’s annoying when a game prevents you from going forward in the game without spending hundreds of dollars. That being said, I fail to see the problem when the game does allow progression without the need to buy anything, but still offers microtransactions to those who may want them. Let’s not lie to ourselves, D2, PoE, WoW and basically any online game with an economy has tons of players who buy items and in-game gold/currency from 3rd party sites. There’s no difference between someone buying an Enigma from a 3rd party site and someone buying gems from a cash shop. In a way, people paying to get ahead in a game is something we had to deal with since long before the first mobile game. Whether a 3rd party website sells items or the makers of the game, there’s absolutely no difference. If the game has an economy, there’s someone willing to spend real world money to be rich in-game. My question to you is simple. Do you think there’s a difference between 3rd party websites selling items and Blizzard selling items?Imperius11 2h
2h Nintendo Switch community This topic should help Diablo 3 switch players to find frends or power level guide, and maybe cosmic wing grinding.Miki28 2h
2h Exporting Saves Hi, I was wondering if it were possible to export my PC save for Diablo3 over to Play Station 4?Bulkathos14 2h
2h Season 17 - Season of Nightmares? Season 17, have 0 set items drop seasonal, give everyone the Legacy of Nightmares buff. ...I'd say more but that's pretty much all that needs to be said on it.Wolfpax62 2h
3h Gifts of Rama I wish there was a use for it beside its known usage. Why not have a way to convert those into mats we don't have enough. I hate doing bounties, it would be perfect to change GoR into bounty mats. Let the downvotes explode !DreamKiller4 3h
3h Set Dungeons need to go... Since completing Set Dungeons is a requirement to obtain the stash tab I haven't completed any season rewards... It's the more tedious and boring mechanic ever in an ARPG game...Phrenetiko27 3h
3h Make crafting materials an auto-pickup. I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't be picking these up, so why not make it automatic like picking up gold?Mandude4 3h
3h Executed Blizzard, After being part of the executed, from the surprise, browning 50 cal firing squad, released at blizzcon, to all PC Gamer s. I have found it to be unacceptable and impossible, to get back on the Blizzard ride. Just like anyone hit by a 50 cal round, next to impossible to get up from. Leaving a big hole in a game, I once thought would be expanded into D4. Keeping the value to some of my inventory. Now I hear all prior D inventory is, now trash. So I choose not to jump into the trash can, with Blizzard, D1, D2 and now D3. Why work on improvements, when you can trash it all! Hint, stop digging deeper, to reinvent the wheel. Just one of the executed, from the surprise, browning 50 cal firing squad, released at blizzcon, to all PC Gamer s. The executed has become the Exiled. GOD4U game changing experience What does Blizzard need to do to stop trashing good games?God4u1 3h
4h Krysbin's Sentence Affix should also be a Normal Affix The Special Affix from the legendary Necromancer ring Krysbin's Sentence increases your damage against slowed enemies by 75-100% and triples that bonus against enemies under a hard CC, like stun, freeze, root, blind, charm, fear, etc. I really like the concept of this affix and I think it should also be normal affix that can spawn on items like weapons, gloves and shoulders or whatever. It maybe is a bit late for implementing it into D3, but having it in D4 would be great imo. It certainly should not be 75-100% increased damage as a normal affix, but I think something around... 6-10% increased damage against slowed enemies and triple the bonus against enemies under a Hard CC ...sounds good, given that most classes and builds that can slow enemies, can slow them basically permanently and therefore would benefit from the damage bonus constantly and on top of that you would gain a nice damage boost when you attack stunned/frozen/etc enemies, so this affix is also useful for classes that don't slow enemies, but stun/freeze/etc them. Source: https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/krysbins-sentence-P6_Unique_Ring_03clueso3 4h
5h Let Kadala drop at least Legendaries -even all those legendaries will seldom be usable. -and the nuisance of the endless Kadala-runs after 3 grifts becomes a bit more tense and rewarding.RUNtoFUN11 5h
6h No such thing as a right to get what you want There are very few companies out there who valued their customers quite as much as Blizzard Entertainment. From events to in game freebies, Blizzard always does a little something to thank their loyal customers. Some may say they did it a bit too much. There is this wide spread notion that Blizzard must give people exactly what they want and when they want it. A bit like children asking their parent for a chocolate bar at the store. Sadly for them, there’s no such thing as a right to get what you want. While it is always good for business to give the customer what they want, no company is bond by contract to do so. A gaming company could go from developing games to selling burgers if they wanted. Content creators are expected to make something interesting, but they are not obligated to make the content you want to see. Whether it is Diablo Immortal being a mobile game or Diablo 4 being still in the works and not ready for a reveal, Blizzard has the absolute right to do whatever it wants with their brand. Blizzard’s way of always making events to celebrate the passion of their fan base is now hurting them, because that loyal fan base is now expecting to be at the center of every decision Blizzard makes. The content cannot move forward, since the fan base is looking backward, always expecting what they once got. A content creator has absolute power over what content they create and the consumer has absolute power over what they consume. None of them is forced to play by any set of predefined rules. Buy or don’t buy, this is the extent of your power.Imperius54 6h
6h How many Ramaladhi Gifts? How many of these do you keep? Will there be any use for them in the future? I hate to throw them away, but collecting more than a stack is pointless if they are useless.Astig18 6h
6h How many armor sets are there for Necromancer? So I'm playing as a Necromancer and noticed that I have only 8 chest pieces for example unlocked at level 70(38). I know there's sets like Rathma and a couple others, but is that all we have? Are there hundreds of armors and I'm just missing them for now, or are there actually just like 8-10?Zugs12 6h
6h How do I start a Rift? I'm a new player and I finished the story a day or so ago and have only now started on bounties. I was wanting to unlock new legendary gear pets etc and the like and wanted to try out rifts etc. I know this may be a stupid question, but how do I start a rift?Zugs4 6h
6h what class is most fun so what class and build do you find most fun, im not interested in the strongest i just want something fun and engaging for next seasonDanTheMan44 6h
7h Item augmented twice Augmented an item twice and my total damage output went down. Did the same thing on another item, damage went down again. Has this happened to anybody else?Kagemusha12 7h
8h Will Blizzard go the Activision route? So Activision crammed loot boxes in to Black Ops IV post launch. You now have the "option" to Pay for the game up front, pay for the season pass, pay for the battle pass, pay for micro-transactions, and now you can gamble on loot boxes. What are the chances that future Diablo titles use a similar business model of layering in more monetization sachems post launch.oneredflag6 8h
13h Offline Play Well know no one from Blizzard will be able to see this and I know I'm either preaching to the choir or complaining like an entitled 1st World resident but when will this game have a proper offline play? I mean I bought this game nearly 3 years ago and everytime I lose internet connection in a Private game that consists of Me, myself, and I; the game ends. Did I waste $50+ on a game I can't enjoy by myself? Am I only allowed to play this game at home when no one is on my WiFi because I can't afford their ludicrous price for more data or at a library and hope no one realizes that I'm there to lvl up and get loot instead of read from a book? The real money AH is gone, I don't really do seasons competitively, so why must I need a connection to play solo? This isn't WoW, Starcraft competitive or even Overwatch, this is Diablo. It started out as a solo player game you could enjoy offline, why can't I do so now?TWandering187 13h
15h An Idea for Season 17. In case anyone from the Diablo 3 team actually reads the forum posts, I have a pretty neat idea for the Season 17 buffs, which will bring a much-needed breath of fresh air to D3. For the next season, instead of the RoRG buff, give us the LON buff. This will open up a huge amount of build diversity next season.unhomie13 15h
15h Question about Season 16 Rewards If I complete all of Season 16's chapters', will I get every armor set for every class listed or just for the class I play? For example, if I play as a Necromancer, will I only receive the necromancer armor or every other armor?Zugs6 15h
15h PTR? PTR just started downloading what appears to be a full Update, but no announcement. edit: Patch Notes still show 2.6.1.55235 and will not open although it says Playable. Error message says new patch will load, but it doesn't.yessquire12 15h
17h How close have you come with an ancient being a primal? Just curious that is all. Since ancient legendary max rolls are equivalent to primal ancients, an ancient legendary can roll identical to it's primal counterpart. (in theory) So what ancient have you found that could masquerade as a primal? For starters in the thread, I have a Pinto's Pride for a WoL monk that rolled 20%fire 650 DEX 640 VIT 6 Crit Chance 129 WoL damage Okay, not a great roll on the legendary affix but I think it'll be a long time before I find a primal that will outclass it. Show off what RNG has blessed you with. :)mungusCREEP16 17h
18h Power creep is not the problem, how to achieve that is! For a long time, I think power creep is a problem with D3, but after playing Season 16, I come to realised I am wrong, or at least half wrong. The issue with most of D3 power creep is, that the buff is often merely numerical, on set gears. So it feel artificial. If there is meaningful power creep like the Kanai cube leg powers, or RRoG buff (which essential free us a set gear slot, allow you to mix & match more now), people can actually appreciate it. Even the augmentation, is pretty good IMO as you have to actually upgrade gems & encourage pushing higher GR to do so. It something you need to actively do, unlike gear bonus buff which is given when you have the set.Kiadaw0 18h
18h Keep Season 16 power creep Buff Be nice to permanently keep the power creep buff as a gift to us after all that has happen. Even certain builds like Invoker without the buff it goes back to normal state again. At least this will show we have some closure that trust will build back up again. This is type of stuff that help heals and build on. I'm not saying they should do every season or most seasons. I'm saying for this season they should since some builds are relying on it to survive that has to do with blizzard side of things. This should be apply not just seasons. Making it permanent won't hurt the game at all as I understood it it was needed for so long ago. This won't be like stash tabs. As they leave to a new project we can have something to look forward to this effect will greatly come in a slow bits to quicker bits that will help both sides out. These are just my thoughts and I know it won't come true but at least it's something to look at. A way to patch things up and a way to start.Wise3 18h
18h Warhammer: Chaosbane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5MDiIOx_wA https://store.steampowered.com/app/774241/Warhammer_Chaosbane/ Looks really awesome, the game is still in alpha but the combat and graphics are way better than D3. Beta will be out soon, the warhammer universe is something new to me, can't wait to explore it!fathom6 18h
19h RORG Perma - Not A Viable Transition At least if its true then we get what we want. Unless they disappoints us now and make it perma after 16 ends. I myself would prefer the buff in any means. but hey, this is acti-zard we are talkin to. lol. those who don't "get it" it was meant to be fricken reverse psychology. for all those who do want the buff "returned" you are welcome! xDTHXVolition1 19h
22h Help finding a better Necromancer Build So I'm at level 70(415) and am trying to find a better build. I started out focusing on Command Skeletons and would focus frenzy them to take down bosses and high level targets. I would use Blood Siphon to fill up my essence as well. I would also cast Skeletal Mages for added support and massive damage. I recently played with a top 1000 player who leveled me up massively and said I should look at a build guide. So I want to build a better build but am having trouble changing my natural play style to something that would do better. So at this level do I start with a build like this: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-explosion-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-4-season-16 And then once I reach a higher level change build to something like this: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-trag-oul-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-4-season-16 And if I don't have the all of the armor set yet do I just go along with the build until I get the armor or should I focus on using a different build to get the armor and then change from there?Zugs1 22h
22h How to get the Bones of Rathma Set? So I'm new to the game and I just finished the story. I play a Necromancer and I wanted to get the Bones of Rathma set but am not sure how to do it. My character is not a seasonal character if that helps.Zugs12 22h
1d [Speculation] So, looks like we have four games planned. True or false? What do you think? https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/1098715813685678086Thörior12 1d
1d Season 16 extended Looks like May 12 is the new end date. https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1099021751487471618oneredflag2 1d
1d Rorg will NOT be perm. Get over it.Pestilence10 1d
1d This is the problem with the industry https ://kotaku.com/bobby-kotick-warm-and-fuzzy-defends-notorious-no-fun-5474949 Its old yes, but that guy is who he is. The downfall of Blizzard is on him and people like him in the video game industry. I am not saying he is an awful person, or I'd trip him up if I saw him on the street. Nothing like that. Its just having a guy like him run a company in an artistically driven industry is like trying to use a hammer to type on a keyboard. Yes Activ/Blizzard will push out some nice tight efficiency and make great margins on their products, but long term the company is going to get sick and die. All of the artists will move on. They want to love what they do. Thats part of the process of creating something great. The end result will be Blizzard unable to produce anything new, and instead riding all of its old IP into the ground. Just like EA. Or, maybe more likely, producing garbage on mobile.Latest16 1d
1d Cross Platform Playing So I heard this announcment on one of the many youtube videos I find my self watching for whatever reason I watch them, instead of doing the work I am paid here to do. My concern if this announcement is for real, is I've purchased this already on every platform, pc/xbox/ps4 and have pre-ordered switch. I don't expect pc to console cross platform. and I would have paid the fee to have it on switch anyway. But I feel jipped buying it now for my ps4 after I had it on xbox one for so long.. reason being, is the only reason I bought it on ps4 was to play with the friends I have on ps4. Switch comes with a cool Gannondorf transmog, whats the likely hood of retro rewarding the xbox one and ps4 owners with a console unique transmog as well ? It isn't much but it would ease the frustration of paying for an additional license just to have it announced that cross platform is in the pipeline. Perhaps a god of war xmog for ps4 and masterchief for xbox? :) Can only ask and hope anyway.BlackRhyno8 1d
1d Have RGs drop bounty mats Please, give us an alternative way to get bounty mats. Do you know who run bounties nowadays? Bots... because normal humans can't stand doing bounties. It's not fun to run around giant maps to find some den, and run around giant den level 1 to find level 2 and run around giant level 2 to find every single !@#$%^- enemies and kill them all Legit players run them because it's a "necessary evil". Just have RGs drop them. Even if it's just a single one of each at T13... It's not hard to code. Please. Please.YUKI14 1d
1d What was your guaranteed primal this season? So what did you guys get for your guaranteed primal when hitting GR70 this season? Was it useful? Mine was Warzechian and it was perfect for my DH speed build.Alvy66 1d