General Discussion

Aug 8, 2012 Amazing Response by Blizzard http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6873704/ TL;DR: In response to a balance issue effecting the highest level of skill, Blizzard is taking a calculated approach to testing and implementing changes to make sure StarCraft 2 is PERFECTLY balanced. This dedication and effort on the StarCraft 2 team's part is reminiscent of the Blizzard we all know, love, and respect in terms of development. Granted, there were a lot of bumps along the release of the Major 1.5.0 patch, but its also effort like this that gives me faith in Diablo III's future success.CrazyJeff1 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Objective Praise Thread I don't want to sound like a member of the Blizzard Defense Force here, but this game has had a lot of criticism since it's release, both fair and unfair. Can we get a thread that tells what this game got right in it's design since release?Naethanyl2 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Vaeflare the latest CM to Troll the players ! [quote="62931032643"]We actually held a Q&A with some of the Diablo III development team recently on Reddit. You can find the original thread where Wyatt Cheng (senior technical game designer for Diablo III), Andrew Chambers (senior game designer for Diablo III), and game director Jay Wilson answered questions from the community over on Reddit [url="http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uoooj/i_am_we_are_wyatt_cheng_andrew_chambers_and_jay/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=feed"]here[/url] and the transcript for it is [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596168"]here[/url]. We enjoy doing these types of Q&As as time allows, and we hope to do more in the future. We’ll be sure to let you know when another is coming up so that you have time to prepare your questions in advance. :) Seeing how this is extremely old news and not at all related to the current issues and serves 0 purpose to us i assume the CMs enjoy laughing at us to extremes..... Answer my questions please CMs Can MF just Add together when players join the game??? so CO-OP play can be useful for the first time in D3.... SO WE CAN START TO GET PLAYERS BACK YOU REALLY NEED TO DO THAT AS YOU FIX TEH GAME! A. 200MF B. 100MF C. 100MF D. 300MF Now in Co-op play everyone has 600MF happy hunting until 1.0.4 you really need to tell us stuff and not troll us Can we have Info on 1.0.4?? 0 has been done to save the game since 1.0.3 Please give us useful infoIons5 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 CM responses. Why do CM response only to useless treads these days and not provide any information that is really important to the community? eg. ... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6248286313?page=12#223 ... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6247966738?page=5#81 ... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6291059046?page=4#66 ... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6293819721?page=3#46 Silences is better than these trash responses.immyzx4 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 (Stream) 130k DPS Wizard A3 Inferno Grouping Going to be running through some dungeons on my glass wizard. I use a Ray of Frost build, and I am willing to share tips and answer any question you may have about my build. I have helped many wizards reach over 80k dps, and even 100k dps. *Today I will be playing 80s Music All Day* Link to the stream: www.twitch.tv/naabski My wizard build can be found at: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079608990Naabski3 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Dear Bliz, was Q&A closed during development? NIGHTMARISH JAILER WALLER PHASE BEASTS? That's THREE control limiting features and UNKITABLE AT THE SAME TIME????Sjippie2 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Itemization, and fixing the loot hunt. TLDR: What Diablo 3 is missing that it's predecessors Diablo 2, and to some extent Phantasy Star Online had is Gems, Charms, Defensive Units, and defensive mags, which allowed players slow, steady, guaranteed progression through to the final difficulties despite lacking the base "Gear" But player would still trade and seek that base gear, to use improved offensive units, mags, charms, and gems to kill things faster looking for that perfect drop or trade. Also some guaranteed drops off specific enemies, even though those drops were rare, gave players a reason to hunt out those specific enemies and bosses because you knew it had a rare drop you wanted. End TLDR. Now let me start this with I do like Diablo 3, I can still pick it up, and I can still play it for hours upon hours on end. But looking back at Diablo 2, and Phantasy Star Online, as well as it's recent Predecessor Phantasy Star Online 2, I realized Diablo 3 has put too much emphasis on itemization, and doesn't have enough ways for players to focus on their personal kind of itemization. Players are right, you don't need a lot of all Resist to beat the game. You can just create a massive DPS build, with a small amount of resist, high level of armor, and high level of Life on Hit and Life Steal. Or you can go full on tank. Or you can go full on life on hit. Or you can go full on Damage over time and run around... Wait no, no you can't. Well then what is missing from Diablo 3 that Diablo 2 had, and to some extent what PSO had and what PSO2 has? Well for starters, they had more ways to customize your characters, and I'm not talking about distributing your own stats. Enemies also had random loot, but they also had specific drops exclusive to them. So what's missing from Diablo 3 that PSO1/2 and Diablo 2 had. Well charms and more gems from Diablo 2 for starters. An item with a couple of sockets could very well be an upgrade for you with a handful of gems. But that items with Strength, Vitality, Life on hit, chance to freeze, percentage life steal, percentage to cast a specific spell, and maybe allowing two runes to one skill (As opposed to an attack just being mildly stronger) As well as two sockets would be the obvious wanted item over just an item with sockets, but that item with sockets filled the gap for the time being. And the charms could fill in your missing elemental damage output, or running speed, or magic find, or gold find, or life steal, or life on hit, or higher damage on skills, or hey even a super rare one in Diablo 3's terminology, allowing another rune to a skill, or a fourth passive skill, or a seventh active skill? Or the Mag from PSO, could give you a slowly growing item that could give you any stats you felt you were missing that you desired. Be it HP, Attack, Dexterity, or Intelligence. You could always make another mag if you felt you messed up, but it was there to fill in for the things you might be lacking, or at least felt you were lacking. So what's the problem with our current items? In some ways nothing, in some ways everything. Itemization is too important, and while technically Inferno is the "End game" It has one other problem going for it. Players want to progress through it. Players feel a need to progress through it, but currently they have too few options to push themselves up high enough to progress through it and simply run it for as long as they desire. Dark Falz could always kill me in one hit with a specific attack, but I knew, I knew that slowly raising my mag, or altering one unit here or there could give me the chance to survive and the chance to win. I knew in Diablo 2, with the right gem, or the right charms, it could change the game for me to fill in for my currently missing gear that it was not a full fix, but that it could fix it enough for the time being until I could find something better. Players had some guarantees to be able to push themselves forward. They still needed to trade for their desired gear, still needed to buy their desired gear, so they could switch out those survival charms, and gems, for damaging charms and gems. Players in PSO could switch out their defensive Units and Mags, for Pure attack Units and mags as they traded for better gear/found better gear. They had ways to progress outside of the gear they wore, and ways to strengthen themselves after they got the gear they needed that otherwise would not be there. Trading still happened, and happened often, but with those things in place, the item hunt, and the progression forward felt more doable while still wanting all those items players had to offer, but having nothing to trade, or sell in return for it.Doomfury5 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 We need more character slots We definitely need more character slots. And more bank space to store all our "great" loots. I want to level up a new character and I am out of room.LadyJ0 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Missing an item after maintenance 7/31 shortly after logging in i noticed my gloves were missing. my gloves were the most valuable item on my account but nothing else is missing. i do not share my account information, i have downloaded nothing and i do use an authenticator. the only thing the gm said was questionable was how i transferred them to another character on my account last night via AH vs in-game stash. i explained it was to save time, instead of logging off character A then logging into character B placing in stash then logging back off B and back on A i would have to create multiple games when using AH its as simple as logging out, creating auction from another character, cancelling auction and sending to stash. then just resume game and process is done. i have checked, re-checked and then checked again. i have not misplaced them and have no clue what happened to them. i reported this to blizzard and they claim it does not appear that my account has been compromised. my gloves are missing how could this not be an issue? they were on my character when i last logged before maintenance and not on my character when i logged in after maintenance, this would indicate if there was no compromise of the account then something with the maintenance has misplaced my gloves. if the gloves were easily replaced i wouldnt care but i have only got an item of that caliber one time and was in the first week of the game. since then the items i get are virtually worthless. level 62 gloves 164 intelligence 49 poison resist 91 life regen per second 33% attack speed 9% attack speed 7.5 crit chance. since i only have 300k gold there is no way to replace them. full nata set has limited my gold and farming lately has not yielded much of a profit. i am wondering if anyone else experienced something like this so i would know if this is a bug or just some sort of freak mistake made by the system. i have asked them to rollback my account to before the maintenance and they keep giving me the line "unless the account was compromised we can not rollback the account". i see it like this: i paid $60.00 for my diablo 3 game. after returning to the game my gloves are missing. the time between when i had them and when i did not was mostly consumed with maintenance. the fact that i no longer have my gloves indicates the account is compromised. again back to the "i paid $60.00 for my diablo 3 game" and i understand that i only have 2 rollbacks and once the process is done i will lose all gold/items/quest progress gained after the save point i will be rolled back to. it is my money and my account so who are they to decide whether or not my account will be rolled back? personally i feel i shouldnt even be charged with 1 of my 2 rollbacks but im not even asking for that. i just want my account restored to the way it was when i last played and everything was normal. i understand we are talking about blizzard here so im probably going to be screwed again since they do not know how to do anything right. you are welcome to flame me all you like and cast your opinion on the matter. i didnt write this for sympathy or anything i just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar issues and if they had any luck resolving the issue.Matthew18 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Drag & Drop Icons Look, this crap has to end. Elective mode? Yes. Good. Used by almost everyone. Dragging and dropping icons on your bar? Who thought this was a good idea? I just accidentally dragged an icon off my bar. And lost my stacks. Again. Infuriating. The issue is that the only way to disable Drag and Drop is to turn off Elective Mode, as far as I know. A lot of people are going to say "QQ Moar! Turn off elective moad!" and yes, that's fine, but when you play multiple characters that are not all 60, enabling/disabling elective mode is a hassle and easy to forget to turn off when you're done. It *is* my fault, but it's also a very poor UI decision. So, my fault aside, it should be fixed. Bottom line is that Drag and Drop is stupid for 4/6 skill slots. At the very least there should be an option to turn off Drag and Drop, but you could probably get rid of it and no one would notice. Actually, I would notice, because I could stop losing my stacks. tl;dr - Disable drag and drop of icons OR make it so that you don't lose NV when accidentally dragging one off.Kayani6 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Profiles are pretty much moot Either I'm missing the key stat here or they didn't bother to put it in, but I feel like none of this profile info matters if you don't have a stat for how much money they spent on the RMAH or the Gold AH. So everyone saying that bragging matters now that people can see your gear, are wrong, because you bought all that with cash and didn't have to try at all.random0 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Treasure seeker? Treasure Goblin? So i know i have caught a few goblins but today was the first time i seen a seeker whats the differance??LadyJava5 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Help with my wizard please... I am a casual player so I apologize for any ignorance shown by asking this question. I have decent Ilvl 62/63 gear for my wizard. All costing me a lot of time and money to get. I have very high intelligence and vit compared to most of my friends and higher DPS. My DPS is around 35k now. I am trying to figure out how other players get their DPS up to numbers in the 80 to 100k range. I have 93% crit damage increase too. So what gear or stats do i need to get to double or triple my DPS? What attributes increase DPS the most? Crit damage? Intell? Crit hit chance??? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. ThanksDayhawk7 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Drop rates better in HC? Well i mean low sample size I understand... But I'm not even lvl 28 with 0MF and have found 2 legendaries whereas I have only found 5 across ~20x more time spent with my soft core chars . Is anyone else seeing this? Effect of RMAH or random number generation?Lukambo5 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 The Root of All Evil [itemization etc] It seems to me that the difference that we are all feeling between the previous installment in the Diablo series and this one is the lack of itemization and end game content. I feel that the root cause of this comes down to one thing, and unfortunately it is in the core of the gameplay and cannot be changed. The fluid skill system is at the root of the problem. A concrete system as in D2 created a need to reroll characters on a regular basis. Most people would level multiple builds at the same time, or change up depending on the flavor of the month. With the current system, and how it is implemented (fluid skills, and damage dealt with the skills dependent on character stats and weapon damage) there is little need to reroll. Just a 30 second timer on a skill swap, and some AH to swap a piece of gear, maybe two, and you are back in business. Where this is a problem is that in D2 you would actually use an entire range of gear, that is unless you got someone to give you a full rush from normal A1 to hell A5 and power level all in one sitting. I've recently reinstalled D2 and have been playing offline and over Ip connect with a friend, and have gotten to the point of farming hell mode for gear for new builds, yes crappy items do drop in Hell mode. Clegaws shields and Cathans rings are abundant, but you know what??? I can use those items on fresh builds, the 6% life leach on the ring makes it viable for a low level barb to facetank a bit longer, and completing low level sets grants good bonuses until more powerful items can be used. Now in D3, although the sets and legendaries leave much to be desired at max level, a progressing character would find them useful. As it is now, there are quite a few people who level only one or two characters making any sort of low to mid grade item completely useless to them, where as before those items could be used over and over again. The GG item drops were still rare, its just that the mediocre items in between were actually of use. Now, I understand to a degree why the skill system is the way it is, but I believe that it is a devolution from the previous game. Fluid skills means that people will create fewer characters, and thus reduce space on the server where they are stored, hence saving money. As a result of this, there is much less depth in replaying and rerolling. There are many ways in which this installment of the game series has been streamlined (dummed down) from the previous, and the skill system is the perfect example of this. As to not turn this into a bash thread, I will say that D3 did get some things right, auto gold pickup For the Freakin Win!!!, and health globes are a good addition. But, as was mentioned elsewhere in the forum, it feels like D3, here as it is, is a beta for the console version; and that's a shame. There are more things, and things I meant to say but have forgotten (seeing as how I'm writing this on the fly at work), but this is all for now. If you think to flame because I haven't played through inferno, then it is a waste, because you know that if you were constantly leveling new character builds you would have a use for half of the stuff you sell as vendor trash. TL;DR : read it.SgtSam2 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 New DIablo 3 RMAH video Check out this video about how angry some of the customers are and why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsB9L0D3Io&feature=plcpWildflower2 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 tank, here add me I just beat belial inferno. I'm pure tank so for all you casters out there, add me. I'm social and am willing to help out. Eljay#1255Eljay4 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Top Ten List I have created a list of fixes to items and drop rates. I would be hopelessy addicted to this game if they made the changes listed below (Plus some more end-game content). Argue about these items all you want, but remember that this is just my opinion. These ideas might not fix the game for you, or it might even make it worse in your opinion and that is fine (we can't all have the same viewpoint). Most of these ideas are not new, but some are. I'd love to hear what you think of the new ones. 1. Reduce rare drop rates to 0-3 rare item drops per zone based on magic find %. (Rare items should be "rare". It's not exciting when you get 20 of them per zone). This will work because of the changes listed below. This will help with the rediculous amount of rare items in the Auction house as well. 2. Rare items should take into account the classes present when the item drops. How about a 20% chance for rare items to be a class specific item for our actual class? 3. When a class specific rare item does drop, how about a very high chance of useful stats and abilities for that class? Example: A wand drops...how about 100% chance to grant arcane power, a 75% chance for Intellect, a 75% chance for Vitality, and a 50% chance to contain other class specific bonuses. All other roll chances would remain the same except, you would eliminate the chance for the item to contain skill bonuses for other classes. The amount of all the bonuses on the item would still be random as they are now (perhaps you could tweak the minimum amounts possible to be higher). 4. Increase the chance for weapons to have damage increasing properties on them. It is very difficult to first of all find a high ilvl weapon for your class, but it's even harder for it to have a higher dps than your current weapon. I haven't had a dps upgrade drop for my wizard since level 50 and a fair amount of Inferno Act I grinding. Out of desperation I have had to buy all my wand upgrades from the auction house. But the prices are so high that the upgrades I can afford are usually pretty small. 5. Fix item properties in general. 1-2 % chance to blind on hit? Who cares...nobody will look for items with that on it. Plus, add more fun affixes, the most important of which is weapon procs of character class abilities. Example: 8% chance to cast Energy Twister on hit. 6. Reduce the drop chance of item levels below 60 to about 10%. Right now it seems as though it's closer to 70% or more. 7. New proposal: Since you have said you will not make Legendary items the best items in the game, even though many want them to be, I propose that you add 1 new rarity [ARTIFACTS]. These will always be better than the best roll rare and Legendary items. They will be specifically designed to be usable by a certain class and only the ability stats on them will be random for a chance at a maximized item. They will will have special affixes and bonuses not available on any other rarity item. They will always have maximum gem slots if they are the appropriate item type. And when they drop, the name is listed in a very unique manner, something like sparkling gold letters. Something to let you know you hit the jackpot. 1 in 10 Legendary or Set item drops will be an Artifact instead. Blizz, just think of how much you could make for your % off of these items in the RMAH. 8. Fix the blacksmith. Not worth crafting anything at level 60. Increase materials use and increase the chance of rolling good affixes by about 1,000%. 9. Add jewels to the game that fit in gem sockets. Endless different stats, skill procs and mechanics could be added to them. 10. Add rune sockets to white items that can then accept runes. Add runewords back to the game for some exciting weapon and armor possibilities. This gives white items a purpose. When we figure out a runeword, add it to a special runeword log on our character. Devs, do some or all of this and you will be well on your way to selling us an expansion with new and more difficult content that players would eagerly want to buy.Tuftronic4 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 still lf tank with Inferno Pony Staff To clarify: Looking for a tank to take all damage while I pew pew from across the field from safety. *Must Have inferno staff *must stay alive for more than 10 seconds Will grab 5 stack nv before entering.Jony15 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Gold Spammers are part of the game. So lets really make them part of the game. Say if a gold spammer is reported and it is confirmed by who ever looks at the reports to see if they are legit gold spam report, everyone who reported said gold spammer gets a "lotto ticket" with numbers set up something like the real lottos run. Twice a week numbers are drawn and if a players numbers match the drawn numbers, he gets a jackpot of 1 million gold. Of course if a player matches less than all numbers they get 100k, 10k and 5k. We don't want really large numbers here it may become more efficient for the spammer to report himself on many more accounts. At this rate, if a gold spammer spams a lot, more people will get tickets and have a free chance at money, leaving the spammers market smaller the more he spams. The idea is just something else to click and make the gold spam less annoying because now its a chance for a million gold. We couldn't base this lottery completely around gold spammers though, we could have also have mini wheel of misfortune in all the inns. Players spin the wheel and get a chance for a lotto ticket (most common,) some small gold winnings, a gold penalty (net loss of gold,) an elite pack spawns inside the inn, random blue item, random rare item, random set item, random legendary item, a full repair cost penalty (gear breaks,) a chance to pick an item type that will spawn from broken to legendary, or Uber Diablo spawns inside inn (inferno only.) This could bring gambling back and also add a chance to fight Uber Diablo again. Look, I know this won't happen so save the hate, but its a thought. We all can dream. Edit: Oh I forgot, spinning the wheel costs 1000g.Heyseus0 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Need help to get past Act 3 I am in Inferno Act 3 and can someone look at my profile to see what I lack to get past Act 3? I can farm Act 2 comfortably but still die too much for my liking in Act 3. Thnx in advanceKenMaster3 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Serious health concerns I've noticed a lot of overweight jokes concerning Jay Wilson and I want to point out that obesity is a plague which is spreading through America. It's no laughing matter that according to the scholarly journal of Wikipedia, 35% of American adults are obese. I understand that Jay Wilson and the Diablo 3 Devs are working very hard on fixing their game, but please understand that you need to be eating a healthy diet and exercising several times a week.Brendon2 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Blizzard needs to rush I am a big fan of diablo, however pvp needs to hurry up and come on diablo. I have massive gold but can not use it because my pve gear is already efficient enough. It is at a point where i feel like quiting diablo and selling all my good gear i farmed 800 hours for.Azn7 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Templar Relic for mf Has anyone seen a Templar relic that has magic find?DrOctogon0 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 how can gold be this cheap its under $1.20 per million how the hell can blizzard let that go on (gold farming). Also do people actually buy the gold from these websites? I heard they steal your paypal info or somethingARCTICEAGLE15 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 16m cant even upgrade 1 single gear! My DPS does not change since 2 weeks ago. This is ridiculous! I am not even good, I am still in scrub level. My gold cant catch up the inflation. 2 weeks ago, i saw some decent amulet about 10-15m, but right now, I cant even get a decent amulet lower than 35m.Hinary66 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Need group for gold find runs I have a demon hunter that has 309% gold find but is squishier than jello. Need some help in Act 1 inferno with other people with very high gold find. The more the better. If you are interested in doing runs with me then add me : Ilikeg*@*!s#1229 and I will message you sometime soon so we can meet up and scoop up fat gold drops.Ilikegrapes3 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Judge the Profile Last thread reached the max postings so I'll start another. I can't get past Act II (yeah call me a noob if you want) so looking for advice for my Wizard. I've been trying to get AR and RA up but it's killing my life and DPS.M35A239 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Trying Out New Classes Fun? I have only played the Wizard for 400 hours or so. I haven't even looked at the other characters except in screenshots and profiles. Is it fun to play through a new type of class even if you have seen the game over 100's of times already?Xandir3 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Starter Edition Hey there, I got few questions about Starter Edition for DIII ( http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass ) 1- Does it work with the regular Diablo 3 Client that will be installable on May 14th? 2- If not, when will the SE client will be available in our B.net Account (It isn't in my account). Will it be available only at launch time or will only a Guest Pass will make it downloadable? My CE will be a little late so I thought that if a friend give me his Guest Pass it would not make my may 15th day demoralizing anymore!Wuss14 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 diablo 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OVJa-5d90k&feature=player_embeddedbostyt500 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Stormshield Drops Curious where people who have been lucky enough to receive a stormshield drop have gotten it? This is not a "q.q I have not gotten a SS drop yet" thread, more of a, am I farming the right area? I understand everything is RNG, but does it classify as a certain drop level?Tatersack16 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Character Profiles BUG DPS here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Melchia-1327/hero/1127575 and armor here (captured while leaping with 300% armor rune) http://us.battle.net/d3/pt/profile/Sate200-1839/hero/14698533Babunera4 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 2 handed weapons should have 2 sockets. I think they should add 2 sockets to 2handed weapons to make them more apealing, as right now having 2x 1handers is better, or 1h/off hand. What you guys think? Are 2 handed weapons ok, or should they add something like an extra socket to them like in my suggestion?Why6 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Will 1.0.4 make D3 items hunt fun like D2? So after 300 hours of game time, I cant say that I didn't enjoy at least 50% of those time spent but item hunt doesn't seem to be as much fun as it was in D2. The frequency of rare drops are too high and the "oh !@#$" moment just isn't there while you are doing items hunt. Also anyone else finding yourself skipping all of the normal mobs just to find the rare packs? I find this somewhat boring as I want to kill horde of monster but the reward just isn't there.GbpUsd0 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Sarkoth Nerfed? I have him in my Act 1 farm routine, which is rather long, but also includes the Weeping Hollow, Cemetery, Festering Woods, and Northern Highlands -> Leoric's Manor. I just hit him with 5 stacks, and he didn't drop any blues. Curious. Never seen that before. Made a new game, same thing. I'm not going to try him 20 times in a row. Having hit him hundreds of times, and then seeing no blues twice in a row is enough to cast doubt. I just wanna say ... nerfing every aspect of the game because of Bots harms more than just the botters. How about fixing the botting issue rather than removing Bot run locations? This is getting ridiculous. Not only does it harm players, but is also removes all of the flavor from the game. I know you guys spent time making this world. Stop destroying it. If you agree, bump for great justice.Kayani13 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 How come Melee Classes don't get... An extremely awesome/useful High-End Legendary/Set item? Witch Doctor: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/visage-of-giyua Seriously, if this gets a sexy roll.. its GG and looks so cool. Most Desirable Affixes: Glorious: +(28-89) Intelligence, +(28-89) Vitality All Resistances Socket Wizard: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/storm-crow An extra 6% Damage, AND an additional 4% against elites; extra LoH; Arcane Power Generation; and ALL 4 stats in the 80's BEFORE any random rolls. Glorious: +(28-89) Intelligence, +(28-89) Vitality All Resistances Socket GG Demon Hunter: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/natalyas-soul Natalya's Set... Need I even say anything? Discipline Regeneration = Practical Invlunerability Other Set bonuses are perfectly useful. ______________________ Now lets look at the Monk and Barbarian. Monk has Sage's which has NOTHING UNIQUE. They are just a guaranteed set of boots and gloves with Crit Chance and Movement Speed. Stones are worthless. Mediocre Set Bonus The Madstone has potential.. but the budget on the All Resist is way too low, and it should add a cool effect to your character or something. Spirit Stones are really boring IMO. Hallowed Touch would also be an AWESOME weapon if it could roll above 500DPS --- Barb has "Lamentation" which is a belt that no one can see, Immortal Kings is novelty at best, and the Bul-Kathos Weapons, which don't have end-game DPS potential. ___________________ TL;DR Basically, there need to be more Unique, Cool items to add character variety, so we aren't all wearing the same Archon Armor, and using the same builds. I know Legendaries are getting a buff soon, so that's, but I just wanted to draw attention to how most classes at least got something!CrazyJeff8 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Weapons That Are <iLvl63 are Worthless Makes no sense at all Any weapon with an iLvl lower than 63 is automatically going to be crap Not even worth crafting weapons since you cannot craft ilvl 63 weapons Someone clearly didn't think this throughSaintSnuff16 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 What happened to my fun/rewarding item hunt? So I got home from vacation last night, got the kids in bed, and had some free time. Normally this would be my gaming time: and usually the game of choice has been a Blizzard game. Even as recent as last fall I was playing Hardcore Diablo 2 getting excited for the D3 release. Last night I thought about playing Diablo 3... I don't have any 60's yet, and only 1 character in Hell - so I have a lot of progression I could have done... but wasn't interested because the drop rate of set and legendary items is so spirit-crushingly low (throughout the entire game)... Not to mention items aren't "fun" anymore as it is... Instead I got on the forums hoping to see an update, news, or upcoming patch notes about how they're increasing said drop rates and making fun affixes on all items magical and above. Needless to say, I didn't see anything so I watched some TV on Netflix with the wife... Anyone else not really interested in playing already? If they fixed the items and item hunt though - I'm almost positive I would be back in an instant... (That's the main reason I enjoyed D2...)Detective9 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 14, 2012 I keep dropping All day, I get into a game and it drops me. Why does this keep happening? I checked my internet connection and it is fine. Anyone know any troubleshooting i can do to fix this???jdz4sheezy14 Aug 14, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Gosh Golly Gee I sure hope this drop helps me progress further through inferno... http://i49.tinypic.com/x4makk.jpgOKandrew9 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Gold pickup radius How come so many people do not like this stat? I know it serves no purpose combat wise, but running to the exact spot and picking the crap up sucks. Just moving in the vicinity and having it go to my inventory is wonderful. Makes looting so much easier.Rahtof5 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Hit the wall in Inferno A2 Casual gamer, I played all the way through Inferno Act 1 without much trouble then all of a sudden in Inferno Act 2 it was like I hit a wall. I'm talking about running into a pack of elite/champion mobs and sometimes dying 10 times before I can kill them. I have tried to upgrade my gear using the RMAH. I have read some posts on different builds, etc. I have my resistances at respectable levels I think, and I think I have a decent balance between str/vit on my build. Funny thing is I'm not opposed to putting some more money into the RMAH to make the game fun again, but I'm not sure what stats I need to work on. Not sure how to attach an image so here is a link to my in game stats: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/362/screenshot138r.jpg And my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vrtigo1-1336/hero/3821941 Any advice is appreciated.Vrtigo163 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 1.04 create more build and gear variety Buff some skills to create more builds -> OK ! If possible, try to buff some useless afixes to create more GEAR variety. Im tired of: "-Huh, you are a barb?" "-at least 2000 LoH, 800 life regen, 900+ Resist all" zzzzzzzzzzzzzz Let 2hand high dps to LS Let shields have a HUGE life regen discuss :DBabunera6 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Stop saying 1.1 = PVP. Call the baby ugly. 1.1 = arena. That's it, no open world Pico. Dueling or hostile. Ironic that 1.1 can't include 1v1Aikos20 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Affective changes to Sharpshooter So i know alot of demon hunters who have a hard time understanding SS and sort of the false damage it gives you.So i was trying to think of a way to make it more simple to understand yet while maintaining the main aspect of what SS is all about.and to ME at least,SS is a really good stat for demon hunters gearing up who dont have high critical hit chance.But the Damage numbers it shows and what it actually produces can be someone hard to understand.So i came up with this Sharpshooter increases Critical Hit Chance by 20% for all damage all the time.BUT..gives you a 20% decrease in ALL overall damage. i Think this would be a good way to make it easier to understand,yet not making it so overpowered that it unbalances things.A 20% base increase in critical hit chance.Which means you would have a 20% more chance to crit.Now if you have alot of critical hit chance gear already like i do,this would kind of make it overpowered.Cause for me,sitting at 50% crit chance already,70% sounds a bit overpowered,and i would literally be critting every ability or almost every ability.So how do you counter the potential HIGH increase in overall damage that this would create? Simple,decrease overall damage by 20% as well to make up for the fact that you would be critting more often,therefore doing more damage. Any thoughts?V3ter4n6 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Unable to See What I Sold in Auction House Whenever I put up things for auction house, I know what doesn't sell since it comes back, but I keep forgetting the exact stats of what did sell. It'd be nice if we could mouse over the sold item to look at what stats were good. I have a feeling I was underpricing things if it sold right away. I guess I could memorize the 10 items I have at an auction house every other day, but this would be more convenient.spheresword12 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Rate my monk played 305hrs+ last two week i already stop playing actually.. i just log in... see if there's any changes.. then alt+f4 lol i dont even want to touch resume game to farm.. what the hell is point in farming..My monk is strong enough to finish all elites in act 1-4. My next item upgrade cost 50m+ each already.. but whats the point!!!Alteclansing0 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Does this happen to you - freezing issues I recently started playing diablo 3 again. I am having an issue i have never dealt with before. every 5-10 minutes the game will freeze momentarily (average of 10 seconds) then the screen will go black and the UI will reload with no mouse cursor. I have to alt tab and then re-open the window to bring back the mouse cursor. I am also noticing alot of the textures will randomly flash red for a brief second here and there.ShaolinFunk3 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 2 Lag Deaths in Last 10 Min "Oh look, all the mobs started standing still, should make things easy for me." Oh. Killed by 700 arcane lasers. They should be back at full HP now, will be going back in for round 2. Wish me luck!CoolHandLuke0 Aug 8, 2012