General Discussion

Jul 31, 2012 i need a tissue for my issue not really but just want to play today some time love diabloNaughtynorm0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 New time is now 4 PM PDT... They just released a new timeline of 4pm PDT...13 hour "maintenance"...JustJeff0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 how much longer do we have to wait? anybody know how much longer do we have to wait?zBeaNz0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 12 hours for a patch??? or w/e it is really? this better have a lot of stuff on it to take all freaking day....aircrew850 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Servers Up!! psyche! jokes on you! ffs blizz... fail after fail. can't even get the little annoying things right?RAIN2480 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Went from Retrieving hero list to .. Error 33 :/ What is going on over there blizzard!Icemann17 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Darn, i'm getting the server down message againMikex9 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 officially down until 4pm updated on the log in screen, yay?xXMundzukXx0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Info on this said "Maintenance" Sure would be nice to know what exactly they are doing. They have extended the time another 2.5 hours and still no clue what they are doing. If all of this is for this !@#$ty armory, that will be highly disappointing.Chiffon0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 No one will remember if the game is late "In this case we will remember that it was late and that it was terrible" - Mith. R.I.P.ShaiHulud30 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 11 hour+ maintenance with no patch? I'm confused. SC2 is the game which received a huge patch today. Why is that game already up and playable and D3 isn't? Did you guys outsource the server maintenance to India?ShadowSpawn0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 If ActiBlizzard cared, they would update us so stop whining! You know they would give us some sort of an update if they cared. They don't, so deal with it.AntonChigur0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Good games out now? Any recommendations for games I should play that are out right now, preferably a F2P RPG. I was hoping for a patch today and there not being one is the last straw for me. The game still feels like it is in beta and yet it can go for weeks without a patch, and even more surprisingly, almost no new information from blizz. I am interested in perhaps playing Torchlight 2/GW2/PoE but they won't be released for a bit yet and am looking for something to tie me over until then.Retep0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Since forums are down, what temp4my hotdogs? I have some ball park hot dogs with no packaging, what temperature should I cook them at? I put them in at 350Cheffrey4202 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Starcraft works. Diablo doesnt... Always the caseSerialKiller1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 [IDEA] Make staying alive worth something! What if.... The longer you live the better the drops get when fighting elite and uniques? This can reset from act to act just like the NV does, but require less kills as you progress.. Let's say it was after 20 elite pack wins in A1 of Inferno then your drop quality would go up xx amount. Then in A2 maybe 15, A3 10, and A4 5? I for one will tell you that my frustration is great when running through A2 and not getting killed once, but picking up nothing better than maybe one or two ilvl62 drops with the rest all being complete junk. What's worse is that the 62's I do pick up are usually garbage as well. You wouldn't even have to guarantee x amount of affixes, or legendary items.. Just that after meeting the quota maybe at least one of the drops from each pack thereafter would be ilvl63. As it is, I will do 20 runs and save all my 63's to open at one time and usually will have 98% JUNK in those drops. I am lucky if I can find one single item that will make me any kind of real gold in the AH. I don't mind the junk if I have more chances at getting something good because I am getting more 63's as a reward for survival. Just a thought..Sizzahandz2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 PLEASE BE READY BEFORE NEXT UPDATE!!! why u keep asking extra hours again and again?Boost0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Server status says up But login says down for maintenance. Scratches head**Lacrima1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 servers up but not up hmmmm.... says theres maintnance and when i click on the server info it says up hmmmm....Colt3 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Servers down - 2.5 more hours :/ Just saw the recent update. Looking at 2.5 more hours of servers being downmcmartin0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Have they made a decision on MF swapping?/ I was just reading that someone got banned for using an mf script. So does that mean that anyone that bought a blizzard d3 mouse with the macro is banned?/ Does anyone have a definitive answer to this question.Korringrad0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Not a hate thread, just a thought... Blizzard, I understand you need to do maintenance on your game from time to time. I understand that sometimes the maintenance takes longer than planed. I know that there are elements of the game that I will not like.. after all I did not design it. All this being said I would like to make a simple request of you... please do not change your server status to 'up' until the servers are indeed 100% online... it is EXTREMELY frustrating to get error after error trying to log in and when you click on the status page it says that my server is up and running just fine when I know full well it is not. Thank you for your time... just one random userRRT9 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 So much maintenance, but no patch? I don't understand. Why have the servers been down so long if there's no patch?ImmortalKing2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 RMAH was tried before... In a different form. Same philosophy, different game. The Sporting News used to have the BEST fantasy football and fantasy baseball. History: One time fee, could still win $$ for top team. Set trades per week, no more, no less Set roster, build value based on trades that week. Value was based on your team and your hard work researching, and a little luck. /B greed kicks in with Sporting News Management /B Change: Buying trades per week. Instead of paying a base fee where everyone starts the same, only people who paid more got more trades, which killed their Fantasy franchise because of the inequity. They went from the best fantasy sports, to not existing. I can see that with Diablo 3. Doesn't make sense to have a RMAH, because Blizzard is killing their fanbase and will not need it when their fans have become fully disgusted. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there. Meanwhile, your legendary items sit collecting dust, because they are too expensive to fix durability, too expensive to buy or sell in the RMAH, and mostly, just worthless to wear.WAZZ0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 You tried turning it off and back on again? Deleted by VoladenanFawkes2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 now it lets me con to server stuck at credent bahHAINGE22 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 I am confused... I try to log in and it says servers down for maintenance check server status page. So I did and they are all pretty green arrows pointing UP -_-STORM6 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 4pm hahahahahahahaha Super extra extended maintenance for a day that doesn't even give us a patch. hahahahahhaCheater0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Stuck at heroes have no fear read on.... Close the app and go back into D3, now it says back down for maintenance !!!!!!!!!!Unrealized770 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Severs down for 3-hours now. I am new to this game and just purchased the digital upgrade four days ago. Is the server down for hours on end all the time? And why does the server status page say the sever is up, but when I try to log on it says it's down and sites error 33 as the reason?LEGION6660 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Whole day servers are off line Wow. Well im glad I just got Path of the Exile and I was playing at 10Am servers were down. Mine as well play some more exile. It was 12Pm- O maybe I can finally check all my auuctions that are failing because no one is playing. 1:40pm O right...im just not gonna log in today, Maybe ill wait till the evening. Whole day servers are off linemajinbeast0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 over 10 characters can i purchase additional space (in addition to 10 basic) characters in my accaunt of Diablo3?DarkHawk9 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Weekly system maintenance Out of curiosity, what sort of maintenance could possibly take the 12+ hours on a weekly basis to complete, with no backup system to run on? Blizzard is easily one of the most monetarily successful video game companies in history, it would seem to me that there should be some mirror system to run on while updating. Can someone explain to me why shutting down for half a day every week is a viable business plan?TheBadSeed0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Servers are now down until 4:00pm PDT... WTFBurtThaMan0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 blizz read that you guys wanted your patch? well here it is , another 8 hours extended to the server down time enjoyBrock1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 10 hours and counting, Taking all bets Can we hit the magic 24 hour downtime mark?NexInterNos2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 why doesnt blizz disable the forums... while doing maintenace? i honestly have never seen this much raging...nismojoe0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 The game will be available to play... by Friday. I just know it.Swampdonkey0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Full character rollback Surprise! Can you imagine the amount of happy posts on the forums?Charburn8 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Blizzard, please communicate with us, please? A little while ago, a representative of your company said you would be more communicative with us. Why won't you uphold that promise? Please tell us what's going no with the almost 12 hour dowtime today. We know you have reps on the forum right now who aren't working on whatever's wrong because threads keep getting locked and/or deleted. Please just talk to us like you said you would. :-(Pinkerbelle0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 To any CM... What is going on? You could at least pretend to care about the community...Pikachu0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Blizz - you need to learn from RIOT GAMES. cbadie6 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 What fun this is :) Servers have been listed as UP for a little bit now but I have been unable to log in so far. About 1 min before I posted this the servers were listed as down again. Fml. Was really looking forward to relaxing after work and playing video games for a while. Guess that's not guna happen now haha. Skyrim here I come :)Robdoggierob0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 MF Farming Act III vs Act IV I have Act III on farm and it's getting really good. I am wondering how is Act IV? It seems to me there are less elites and further apart, also more difficult enemies (lot more fire!).Primlock3 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 LoL f2p, better customer support? Yeah, it's true too.MrConway2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Blizzard - Remember Rule #1 in Game Design Never, ever listen to your customers cause frankly most of them are idiots. The vocal minority represented in these forums? Idiots. Professional players or, ahem, economy majors? Idiots. Myself? Yup I'm an idiot too. Latest example: Idiotic vocal masses: We want better drop rates in lower Acts of Inferno because III and IV are too hard. We want to be able to get end-game gear in lower Acts! Blizzard: Well hmm, it's been only a month into the game, and we had originally intended Inferno to take "months"... OK fine, we'll improve drop rates for all Acts. We may or may not have ninja-nerfed drop quality, but that's because we need to look out for the long term. 1 Week Post-Patch: Idiotic vocal masses: The market is now flooded with "good-enough" gear from increased drop rates, and everything under the godly-tier is getting cheaper by the day. But now I can't sell anything I loot because the market is flooded with said items. ECONOMY IS DEAD! Now we are hearing for calls of boosting loot quality as well as legendary drops/buffs. What do you think is going to happen? Face it, the item drops are balanced with the AHs as a variable. There's simply cannot be any other way just due to the fact gear is so easily disseminated into the general population's reach. It sucks (this game would've been a lot better without either AH IMO), but that's this game. You should probably quit if you don't like it, because it's never going to fundamentally change.TheCookieLab0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Extra time to Rub one out i guessabliss1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Error screen when I try and login. I get error 33 when I try to login. When I click the link it redirects me to the server status page but the page says the servers are up. Can anyone login?gosupanda3 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 login Issue Anyone else not able to login after todays maintenance. Waited until 1pm PDT like they said and still cant login. stuck on screen after authenticated.Tweak6 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Lets all start buying UNID's again. I was totaly making about a mil a day off selling unid 63's and 60+ rings and ammys. lets all go back to that so i can make about 100 mil more and buy me atleast one piece of really good gear. =>SlickidyWoo3 Jul 31, 2012