General Discussion

Aug 2, 2012 Reason why GAH is dead or slow Think about this. (given that one does not pick up their own best item, which hardly is atm anyway) - almost all players will post best item they found on RMAH and "ok" item on GAH. or some will post best item in GAH but with really high price. - not much player would want to buy "ok" item so it's hard to sell --> the gold income would go down (this happen to the average player like us). Especially with the repair bill, pretty much we don't have any gold income at all. - now, let's say if we want to buy best item we would have to buy gold from RMAH (right?) then I mean why don't we just use that money to buy other best item in RMAH instead then. rinse and repeat, the GAH will getting slower to sell and probably become a dead marketKit7 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 A constructive thread. Here is a constructive thread... What do you want blizzard to work on for 1.5, i think blizzard keep spending too much time on fixing the AH when there are more important things to worry about, so here are some options. A. Fix endgame, increase content (item diversity and amount) B. Keep changing the AHgonosz0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 polls. smarter feedback. Polls are popular for a reason I want polls in the forums so that blizz can see how many people actually like one idea vs another etc. And if they can't add it to the forums why oh why would u not have a poll for the gold find post! You asked the people's opinions and sure that's ok but I doubt you get great data from the posts unless you actually read the hundreds of posts. I'd be thrilled if blizzard actually started putting up polls on possible changes and then made changes based on the majority vote. This would be a very constructive tool.DeathAddict1 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 If the blues are back... Then when is and what is in 1.04? Please don't say soon, content.Cheshire3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 How Come B.N.2.0 In D3 So Limited? Can't link achievements, other people's gear, move the chat box, leave an AFK message in your RealID friend's list .. Obviously a small gripe in light of gameplay issues, but still .. =xxeno0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 My (hopefully) constructive suggestion list I know some of these have been mentioned (possibly at great length), but here is my brief rundown of things I think would make the game better: * Having the ability for an increased stash is really cool. What I would like, however, is the ability to carry more stuff on my character while I'm killing things (and I do love killing stuff). It would go a long way to improve the immersion I think if I were able to more than 5-10 minute without Town Portal-ing to sell all my things I picked up. * Even though I think I read that this will not be implemented, I still would like the ability to insta-combine the gems. I have given up on combining to make better gems (somewhat) because of the cooldown between making them. I think it would improve the flow of the game more if you 'clicked', it combined, then you could move on instead of having to wait (and if you click you'd just have to start over). * Make Resplendent Chests more rare (such that it wouldn't be easy for botters to farm them), but improve the quality of the gear. It would be cool to say 'Oh hey, a cool gold glowy chest!' and really get excited... and not find gray/white quality gear in them. * More flexible options for chat. It seems that this chat system carries features heavily from the other B.Net games, so why not give all the additional functionality (granted, I have no idea how the systems are programmed specifically)? One of the main things that I would like to see is the ability to adjust the font size. As an example, my father-in-law is a retired Vet that due to health reasons reads a lot and is otherwise home-bound. He cannot play D3 because the font size is simply too small in-game (and, no, resolution increase does not help this). * The perennial end-game discussion. It seems to me based on feedback on these forums that grinding for the sake of grinding is not acceptable even though that is the nature of this type of game. If the grinding isn't fun or acceptable, why not change the way the equipment grind is done? I have seen a lot of good suggestions, but a few things that come to mind for me is to figure out how the relationship of the drop-rate formula works and tweak it somewhat. The addition of some extra play-types would be cool too, like an Endless Dungeon (similar to Via Infinito in FF, or even the Item Worlds in the Disgaea Series), maybe some kind of endless-monster wave mode. This would keep us grinding for the gear (because, really, after the first play through I would think very few people are interested in the story, but I'm obviously not the voice of every player). * Figure out a way to decrease (if possible) the latency and 'rubberbanding' while playing. It's pretty frustrating to set aside an hour or two of your day to play a game, dive into monsters (or in some cases run away), then while you are kiting/playing BOOM you're whipped into elites. I enjoy the game as a whole. I like slaughtering my way through waves of bad guys and seeing that occasional rare drop. Do I care really at this point that it's an 'uber upgrade'? No, not really. I'm not out to make money on the AH or RMAH, I don't feel like really that's the essence of the game (though many will vehemently disagree). If I have an alt that can use it, cool, otherwise it just goes to the Vendor/Disenchant grind. I think, though, there's some niggling things that keep this game going from 'Good' to 'Great'.digdugnate0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 What I want from Diablo I encouraged my friends to buy this game and have played 200+ hours. I currently play with 3 friends. I acknowledge that I've probably gotten my "money's worth" after all that game-play. I don't know Blizzard's long-term plans for Diablo, but changes need to be made if I'm going to keep playing and not move on to something else. I'd like to talk about my group and what we'd like from the game. First off, we're not kids anymore. We're all around 30 and grew up on Blizzard games. We're all settling down and progressing through our careers. We have disposable income. I bought a new computer to play this game. After being students struggling through grad/business schools, it feels good to reach this stable point in life. Unfortunately, this means I don't have a lot of time. I remember doing 3000 council runs in D2, trying to get my Paladin shield to drop. I had a schedule and all summer vacation to get it done. I can't do that anymore. Furthermore, I wouldn't want to. What I want is to come home after a stressful day and relax. My friends live in a different city, so the game is a good way to keep in touch. I want to come home, play with my friends and feel like I've accomplished something. Here problems which are currently working against this goal: 1) Co-op play isn't rewarded. It's so much faster and easier to kill solo. MF gear is devalued in groups. I wince when I'm farming and someone joins my game. Why? This is a social game, I want to feel better when someone joins. Fix buff stacking, make MF gear additive, decrease mob HP, whatever. Make co-op better. 2) Nephalim Valor Stacks discourage jumping in. I remember when my friends were leveling. "Hey, can you help me out?" "Uh but I have 5 stacks...20 minutes." Or now, "Can I jump in?" "Well, I'm already in Halls of Agony and have 5 stacks, wait till I finish this run." Honestly, now that we overgear Act 1, it's not such a problem, but some mechanic to gain the same stacks as your friend would be awesome. 3) I have no idea what items are dropping off my screen. I love individual loot, but wish there was some alarm or warning if a good item drops over where my friend is killing stuff. I spend way too much time running around over corpses. 4) Items are boring. Diablo is all about items, so this is pretty big. I'll go in 2 parts: 4-a) We seldom get good loot on runs. It sucks to play for a few hours, then say, "Well, now at least I have more gold." I want to feel satisfied at the end of the night. 4-b) Nothing on the AH excites me enough to buy. Look, I'm not wealthy, but I do OK. It was fun helping out my friends with upgrades. Now, I just don't care so much. I have a decent crit weapon. Drop a hundred bucks for a LoH weapon? Meh. Not that I couldn't. My friend's b-day is coming up in September. If you guys fix legendaries and make something cool, I'll buy it for him. Right now, adding 100 int or AS just doesn't seem worth it to me. 5) Fix the hit detection issues. I hate dying after I've leapt across the room. Running around and dodging hits IS fun game-play. Dying to a mob across the room is just frustrating. These are the things we gripe about on Skype when we play. My friend also had a cool idea (I'm sure someone else has already thought of this) to give legendaries affixes like "Fire-Chain." Of course, Fire-chains could only work when 2 or more people have the legendary. This would open up all new sorts of group strategies and be fun as hell. And yes, I would pay for those items. Overall, great game, please keep making it better.Thorn130 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Fix Diablo 3 in 3 words! Go. I'll start --> No unkiteable mobs.Phoenix24 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Here's some Constructive Criticism. I'd like to start by saying my favorite part of the game is the Combat. Most of the time, it feels fun and satisfying. There are problems, mainly in the enemy affixes and random jumps in difficulty between acts in Inferno departments, but as a whole it's done pretty decently. Sadly, for me the good stops there. I'm going to go over three categories that I feel either don't fit the game or are designed in such a way to make the game less enjoyable in the long run. 1. The art just doesn't work for me. Primarily it's the color palette chosen for dungeons or 'dark and spooky' areas. Blue, green, and purple ambient colors evoke Haunted Mansion or Piglet's Great Adventure more than it does decapitated bodies laying in pools of blood. Further, any time there are areas that have gruesome stuff, the colors and details muddy it up and don't let it stick out. I had no idea a cow carcass was disemboweled and cut open on a wall in one of the acts until recently. 2. There are systems in place that become redundant at 60, or they just don't make any sense. Xp shrines, xp items and gems, weapons that don't have high rolls on damage (other than for WW barbs. but even then they are looking for very specific gear). There's no other way to put this but the itemization in this game is just bad. There aren't enough affixes, there aren't enough valuable affixes, sidegrades are virtually unheard of... it just doesn't make any sense. The design philosophy of items and stats don't make any sense. Gear that increases the damage of your crits increase your DPS, thus increasing the damage of your non-crits. It just doesn't really make much sense. 3. The lack of decision making isn't very fun. In order for a game like this to have legs, it must have decisions that you make about your character that have lasting effects. For whatever reason there are a grand total of 0 such decisions. I'm not a fan of Kripp, but he was absolutely right when he suggested some form of leveling outside of the 60 max levels. We need to make decisions and those decisions need to have penalties if we choose we don't like the decisions we made. They need to be consequences that matter, not just non-consequential "Darn, I have 5 stacks of NV and I can't beat this boss with this build." Give us epic levels and make there be an outrageous number of points to earn so that it will take forever to get them all. This would give a reason for XP gear (you can add it as an affix to higher level gear and have it not be useless), a reason for xp shrines and gems, and give the game staying power. And, if we don't like how we spent those points, let us spend gold to reset them like we could in Titan Quest. The more often we do it, the more it costs per point removed. This solves two birds with one stone. It gives us a reason to stick around and play the game and it removes gold from the system way better than repairs and crafting ever will.Credge2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Auto pause solo if window shrinks I was just talking to someone on skype and when they hung up, it shrunk my game while I was fighting some elite mobs so I ended up dying. Maybe we can have a feature to auto pause the game when it gets shrunk in solo mode.ISmkPotatoes10 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Auction house bots.. I ran out of characters for the title but this is my idea for beating auction house bots which basically snipe low priced items meaning that no one can make gold by buying underpriced items and reselling them anymore. I think these bots suck because it is basically impossible for anyone to make gold short of farming the crap out of inferno for poor loot over and over in the vain hope that something will be worthwhile. Basically these bots work with an auto-click macro type thing right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0iz9ws2ew -> 2:22 pretty much describes how these things work. Why not just have the buyout confirm box that pops up, pop up at a random location on the screen? (Ie, not perfectly and predictably centered). Seriously these bots have killed the average player's ability to buy and sell back items meaning that new players have serious problems getting a leg up into the world of good items (and therefore progression into further acts of inferno). I know I am personally held back in a2 due to the lack of good gear; I am running a semi glass cannon type witch doctor build with 55ishk dps, 26k life and 400ish all res and I still get my !@# handed to me in act 2 (1 shotted by every elite and some white mobs too) and I know my build is good enough to handle it if I could just get similar dmg items with more vit/all res/armor/loh but unfortunately these items cost a boatload of money, and doing 100's of runs with 200mf (on top of my already decent stats) in act 1 (which I completely own - killing blues and yellows like they are trash) is getting very frustrating! Being able to use the AH to help accumulate these funds would be nice but at the moment it is impossible to do short of selling one's own pitiful drops. Off topic, but I also find the difficulty step between a1 and a2 vexing. I spent ages trying to scrimp and save for what I thought was good gear but I get stomped by anything with reflect damage, vortex or teleport pretty much, whereas everything in a1 is a complete joke. I have dredged my way up to vault of the assassin but there is no way I can viably farm this spot because getting $%^-kicked over and over shoots my repair costs through the roof!! Gah!Skylark0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 The Blizzard Comic Contest Is Back! Here are current news items on the Diablo 3 homepage: The Blizzard Comic Contest Is Back! Diablo III Hotfixes - July (Updated 7/26) Mists of Pandaria Launches September 25, 2012 Minuet in G(oblin) New Wallpaper Available _____________________________________________________ Now... is it just me, or is there something badly wrong here?Bohemund0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Is League of Legends good? It looks pretty amazing for it being free. It looks like starcraft 2 and WoW mixed together. ive never actually played it, but im downloading it now. I love RTS and RPG games. I have never played WoW in my life. But League of Legends looks pretty decent for it being free. this is not a troll thread. just iso opinions.ENTRAPMENT58 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 I'm tired of identifying rares < 62/61 It doesn't gives me a sense of excitement at all. Total waste of my time. Blizzard, please remove identifying function for rares <62/61. for items 63 and 62(amulet/rings/offhand) u can keep as it is. ThanksMax3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Is Unix supported? I wonder if Blizz supports Unix since they support Mac OS which is just a flavor of Unix. I'd hate to suffer the same fate as the Linux users.Nekrophiliac3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Constructive Criticism So I know people have bashed this game to no end and some are with cause, some without. However, one thing that seems pretty common is the fact that no one talks about how to fix it without some kind of "Nerf" or buff. Here are my two cents. Increasing the quality of items and increasing the level dropped items in inferno: The way I see this is rather difficult. There are by default a set number of items and graphics in the game for a specific item. By raising them, the random element gets removed and the number of items that will become available will drop further. Think about it, if you took out the junk items like a staff with 300 strength, then the total numer of items would become smaller in pool. I think a solution would be to create more items. From what people have said, in D2, there are plenty of set/legendary items for people to mix and match with. Make these important with appropriate stats on them so that numbers increase and rares aren't effected. This also solves the farming issue of being boring. Inferno being too difficult From what's been said, character classes will be adjusted as the game progresses in life span. to all the haters, having a beta wont give statistical data to the way someone will play a game and how quickly people will progress. remember in 3 or 4 days inferno was already finished by som Koresn people? they skipped the story entirely. To those that haven't finished inferno (myself included) keep trying. Gear See part 1. Also, with the AH's, the cost and market being determined by people is fine, but with a lower player base and more items in the AH, I think base prices (set by Blizzard) should be adjusted accordingly. 50,000,000 gold for a lvl 63 item that evceryone already has wont sell. Remember people, supply and demand. Feel free to add to this. This was a basic setup of all the major issues that I've seen reoccurring. Having an option to turn of cinematic for farmers would be great, more content and story great, and so on but I think these are the major points :DNeccis0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Hotkey to disable mouse targetting? It'd be kinda nice if I could hold down Left-Alt with my thumb in the middle of a fight, to temporarily disable mouse-targetting... (Depending on the situation, it's kinda dumb to have to click at the very edge of the screen, and then drag the cursor back to the centre in order to move.) I don't know if there's already an existing hotkey for this, but i'm always standing in desecration, casting spells instead of moving as intended, it can get pretty frustrating in some cases. I've had mobility issues crop up a bunch of times against large packs of enemies, and quite a few times when fighting Belial. Having something like this would really smooth things out. It would also make aiming certain spells a lot easier (i.e - zombie bears) if you could just hold down alt+right-click and not have to worry about it locking on to something's name tag. tl;dr - make Left-Alt prevent monsters from being targetted, and their name tags not appear at the top of the screen while held down.Felidire2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 [Constr. Thread] Auction House Improvements I was a little afraid of writing down such a thread because I'm not an English native speaker and not even an "hardcore" gamer so, please, forgive me if I make grammatical errors and/or I'm writing something very obvious, already suggested, unreasonable or simply stupid. I'm writing this thread because, just like many other gamers like me, I'm getting more and more frustrated by the Auction House. But, please, bear in mind that I won't go into the discussion about how much are the players compelled to the Auction House usage neither if the Auction House presence (gold and/or real money) is good or bad. I'm just trying to suggest some things that could make the Auction House usage a better experience so please let's always stick to this topic. Anyway I first need to make a short premise: Video games should enforce the "fair play" principle. We all should have the same chances to beat the game and be "successful" (whatever "successful" could mean for a video game). . Diablo 3 is a video game about a bunch of heroes that smash through hordes of minions of hell, Diablo 3 is not an eBay-like game. The Auction House is just an (good? bad?) addition to the game. Not the game itself, not even a game by itself. If you don't agree with these ideas then most of what I'm writing will make little to no sense to you. So, let's get back to the topic, I'm going to bullet point the suggestions: Remove the "Buyout" option. Why? Because this is one of the most (if not the most) abused AH's feature by bots. Besides this it's kind of against the fair play principle because newbies that have very little knowledge to the game could put their items to very low buyouts losing a lot of money and dropping a lot of their (already low) chances to get through the game. Just let the market make the final price and it will, hopefully, "fair" enough. Some of us may be scared about the fact that we're going to miss some good deal but, truth is, bots are already taking care of them and, in fact, to my experience, the best deal I've ever made are the auctions I've actually bid for. . Readjust the Auction House search layout. I'm not a UI designer but, as a developer myself, I know that there are some technical implication behind the Auction House layout (graphical resolution can go down to 800x600 and so on) anyway I made a little sketch of what I have in mind. I think it explains better than a thousand words what I would like to see: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7001/d3ahexample.jpg In short: 6 search for property filters. Removed legendary/set item name search. It's barely useful right now and could be easily workarounded with 6 search filter combined with the rarity filter. Removed buyout limit and buyout column. Read the aforementioned point. Sortable columns.. Allow player to choose when the auction should start. Why? Because auctions last 1 day and a half. This mean that if I put an auction at 6 p.m. it will end at 6 a.m. when there will supposedly less players. And it seems unfair to me, especially since we won't have a "buyout option" any more. Why not allow to choose the auction expiration time then? It could be fair, to me, that we could choose the auction expiration but this shouldn't be less than a "fair" period of time. Because we (I) don't want the auction house to be flooded by "fast sellers". I don't have nothing against "fast sellers", just I'm a little suspicious about them because I think that fast selling could lead to deflation. . Put the auctions in a "stand by" mode when the Auction House is offline/under maintenance. I really couldn't believe it when I knew for the first time that auctions can end while the servers are offline. I really can't explain the reasons behind such a management. And the technical solution should be pretty easy. Maybe just an update query of the expiration times right before the servers restart. . Delay the auction's expiration time by 15 minutes when a new bid is placed within 15 minutes to the auction's end. Why? Because auction "sniping" is just another bad habit that put inexperienced/unwilling snipers to a corner. And since Auction House is not a laser game I think that auction sniping is not a good choice. I know that you can place an higher bid amount and prevent sniping but this actually is unfair. Why the current bid system is unfair? Because when you freeze 10m for an auction and you only have 11m total you may miss some other good deals in the meanwhile (i.e. there's no just AH trading). While the big "stackholders" may not really care about freezing gold/real money into auctions, the average players do and actually/usually won't. . Allow the players to use the Auction House while in-game. May it only be in read-only mode. I'd just want to know if the item I've just found and I'm really excited about is worth anything at all. Sorry, I've been too long but I do really thank all of you that have read so far. Further suggestions and (possibly polite/civil) criticism are very welcome. Sincerely, A.Caos810 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Godly DH Streaming A3 like no other http://www.own3d.tv/jewelsbot good music too :)Jewels0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Really Need Aus/NZ region Local Server!!!!!!! Are there any talks about giving aus/nz a localized server? Would like to know I dont see any reason not to, unless your thinking profit to cost ratio The rubber banding + ping we get is unbearable, and a server here is the only thing that would probably fix that If you guys dont have any plans to give us a server, why not? If your from Australia/NZ pls sign this thread and post your bad experience/ping explaining and giving edvidence about how bad D3's network performance for us is We need to cry and shout to be heard from down under EA/Bioware gave us a local server for Swtor and they have alot less players then wow and probably D3 but they still gave us one why cant you? (Asking in a nice way)Drekka39 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 The (a)Social Network I'm sad on how much this game bring you to be asocial. I'm sad because i bought this game just for the online game and the community experience. Something to be part of. 1. there is not one single advantage to play in group. If you play in group things become harder and if someone in the group, just sit or isn't that geared as you, will make it even worst. Or viceversa letting you to feel useless. No reason to play with someone that make your session harder. I lost a contact for this reason today. 2. there isn't any real chat or visual lobby (like in D2) where to chat and have some fun and overall where to announce your trades. Not just the chat is text only but in my region (EU) is always empty. A desert. Max number of people i saw inside a channel in two months were 4. Overall silent. 3. the absence of a real lobby and not less a list of game to join make it even harder to trade or barter, so that also the social aspect behind communicate to trade with other people is completely gone. Then the AH, that should be a secondary resource, instead, finally closes the speech. 4. The game all based over golds and profit made people stingy and venal. I do remember people giving away in Diablo 2 to help the newbies. I did this my self hundred times, just for having a smile. There are tens of reasons that make this game not as fun as it could have been, but for the type of people like me, this is one of the biggest. A multiplayer game should have all the reasons, without exceptions, to play in common and access a community inside the game. Sry for my english.Kajuan2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Take comfort in that 1.5patch for SC2 sux too People aren't really "thankful" for the new 1.5.0 patch for sc2 either. Go to general sc2 forum and see for yourself. I bet a lot more people don't really like the new sc2 UI, but won't bother posting on sc2 forum because, well, face it, serious SC2 player don't really care about log in menus UIs.Enolate2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Constructive feedback/Endless Dungeon Idea. I've created some posts in the pasts about implementing an Endless Dungeon. With feedback as an aid, and continued thought on this topic, I have refined how I imagine this proposed dungeon should be. There is something left to be desired in Diablo 3, and I truly believe this would be an amazing addition to this game. This post is quite a read, but I would really like people to give even more feedback on this, and possibly get a blue to respond someday. Much of this thread is something I've already posted, but in light of Drothvaders' post asking for all constructive feedback and ideas, I would like to bring this post out of the ashes, make a new one. Much of this is tied to the Endless Dungeon, but each idea has merit, I believe. Shimmering Rares seems amazing to me for instance, even outside of the dungeon. A ladder season is certainly a popular idea. Take any idea within here and comment, or take the endless dungeon idea and comment away. I enjoy feedback on this thought, and will keep track of this thread as I always have my others. The endless dungeon IS the ladder How many people are looking for any form of competition in D3? This is a major element that's simply missing as of now...A lot of people want this to say the least. The idea is that you could tie the endless dungeon to a ladder season based on how far in depth players have gone, the person having gone lowest being on top of the ladder. This would give players something to compare each other to, as every player would have a place on a leaderboard. This could be reset about twice a year, giving it a lot of replay value Where the loot is Many people are frustrated with loot in one way or another, and while I think some things need to change in general, I think an endless dungeon could also tie in with that fix. Within feedback on this topic, there are two different ways this could work. One dealing with higher item levels, and the other based on higher magic find. Both of these having to do with how low you are in this dungeon, ascending in effects the further you descend into the depths below. However, feedback on this particular topic aside, taking a look at other posts about loot, another idea comes to light. -Shimmering rare: The idea is that this quality of loot would not be higher than that of an max stat ilvl 63, but would guarantee a certain level of quality. It would have a noticeable difference in appearance when found sitting on the ground, more of a gold color, possibly even including a "shimmer" look. This gear would simply have a different RNG regimen. I.E. - If current ilvl63 can roll anywhere from 20-200 vitality on a belt, the shimmering would be set from 80-200, giving a much greater chance for this item to have desirable stats. Note: The name shimmering rare did come from a post within these forum boards, and seemed to fit with this idea of loot. True difficulty, not artificial difficulty It's somewhat frustrating to hit the brick wall that is Inferno, and it has very little to do with the skill of the individual. Inferno has become a gear check based on crit/all res/LOH and the like, and the thought is that this game should somewhat veer away from that line of thinking overall. It is assumed that health and damage of monsters would increase as you go lower, but unique monster mechanics combined with a terrain that defines what choices you can make in the given situations, and creating more intense situations the lower you get is a new way to go about this. -While it would never say this game should take very much from WoW, one thing to look at is some of the raid boss mechanics. Even easier bosses have mechanics which are deadly if not followed competently, and this is designed in a fun way, rather than having the bosses kill you in a couple of hits 100% of the time ( This is obviously skewed a little due to the presence of healers, but the design and concept still stands. ) More randomized maps To make this endless dungeon more dynamic rather than another head-ache forming grind, it would be the general idea to design creative maps, with a good amount of versatility in terrain and surroundings. These terrains could be taken from different acts, as well as the dungeon having it's own unique look on certain levels as well, giving us even more versatile surroundings. -Some things would have to be taken into account of course, such as ensuring there are a shared amount of wide open areas, verse narrow and long corridors ( Just one example. ) , this would create a balance for different classes and playing styles. I would also like to take some time to address some concerns and or skepticism aimed at this idea below. Frequently Asked Questions/Comments Q: Why would Blizzard be willing to do this? A: I believe this would give the game a large enough of an element, and enough replay value to be more than worth implementing. It would create an element for those who believe something is lacking, and also could possibly bring in even more players, as this is a popular and well-liked concept. Also, this would further the use of the Real Money Auction House, as players would strive to be further up the ladder due to the competitive nature, with gear being an aid to do so. Q: How would this be fair if people willing to spend money are bound to be at top? A: As stated in the description of this idea, gear would certainly be an aid as monsters would have a small damage/health each level, but on the other hand, ensuring mechanics are the main focus of this dungeon, it would not give someone an extremely unbalanced advantage. That person would also have to be skilled and be able to adapt/react to the unique mechanics that could be hoped this dungeon would have. ( Ever seen the video of Yogg Saron being done at level with all rare gear? ( blue ) reaction and coordination have to be combined amazingly to do down him with that low of gear, but can be done ) Q: If the ladder season resets every six months or so, why would I think this to be worth it? A: The ladder season is not for everyone, and is not something you'd be forced to take part in. Non-ladder characters should always be able to made, as some people don't care to restart every six months. For some it is something they might participate in only every few ladders, or possibly only the first ladder. The ladder is based on competition, fresh economy, starting new, and having a goal each time it is reset. The ladder could work like Diablo 2, having your characters turned into non-ladder after reset. Players would of course have all of the gear and achievements earned in ladder remain on their character(s). Comment: This is not the style of Diablo, and is a rip off from other games. Response: You must not know how Diablo 1 worked. You descended further into the depths of hell, fighting off tougher monsters as you went. This idea goes perfectly in hand with the Diablo franchise. There are other games that have, or will implement this idea, but let us see Diablo 3 have it's own unique way of doing this. The idea may be the same, but the exact details are not bound to be, making it unique and catered to Diablo 3. I will be keeping track of this thread, and respond when I can. Please give any input/ideas/ or constructive criticism on this idea. Please try not to troll this topic if you have an actual opinion you could voice, I would like to hear it. This is something I think Diablo 3 can and should implement.Doomdragonz1 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 "Evil's Truck" Just saw Blizzard's Twitter feed. My first reaction upon seeing "Evil's Truck" is that it rhymes with WTF. Hey Blizzard, if you put the money you made from foisting D3 on the unsuspecting masses into fixing the endgame problems, Inferno play balance problems, loot drop problems, etc. you wouldn't need a fancy tricked out mobile game truck to promote Diablo III. As a diehard fan of D2 I never bought Diablo II and later the LOD expansion based on any game marketing hype. I and we (my 2 best friends) bought D2 and played it to death because it was recommended by many of our friends. Fun to play dungeon crawler games will sell themselves by the fanbase talking it up and reaching millions of gamers world wide. A tricked out truck looks cool and all but in the end is probably only physically seen by a few thousand people. Foist definition:  To pass off as genuine, valuable, or worthy: "I can usually tell whether a poet . . . is foisting off on us what he'd like to think is pure invention" (J.D. Salinger).Marcos0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Dear Game Designers Do you even play your own game? And I don't mean like "I cleared Normal". Do you have a hero in act 3/4 inferno farming? Or even attempting to clear? Dying every single time there is a nanosecond of lag in act3 is not fun. Getting killed by an enemy in the next room is not fun. Getting a wall right on my head which immobilizes me in one of a billion aoe's and kills me in a second is not fun. Fast + molten + vortex is not fun. Jailer, shielding and invul minions are not only unfun they're downright anti fun. What bothers me that somebody thinks succubus, phasebeasts, soul rippers and morlus are good ideas for enemies. Killing packs with all of the aforementioned nonsense for a lv 53 blue ring is basically the opposite of fun. Doing stealth nerfs to affix rolls, drop rates and stealth buffs to all affixes is basically insulting to your player base. Yes we know your CM's have cats. No we do not care. All we care about is the game we paid for getting fixed. We'd like some constructive response to the mountain of constructive feedback we've already given here. Nothing more.Kaiser0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 (Stream) 120k DPS RoF Wizard Solo A3 Inferno Going to be running through some dungeons on my glass wizard. I use a Ray of Frost build, and I am willing to share tips and answer any question you may have about my build. I have helped many wizards reach over 80k dps, and even 100k dps. Link to the stream: www.twitch.tv/naabski My wizard build can be found at: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079608990Naabski2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 DIABLO 3 Stimulus Package, Priority #1 (todev 1. Fix the social system, make monster health scaling in a group 100 times less, patch tomorrow 2. Buff the rolls chance on item affixs, its way too low. 3. East Coast Servers (Will fix the constant rubber banding, its happening so often now its just discouraging to play) 4. Some feedback to the community, the 1.0.4/PVP blog AT THE very least, it seems as though everyone went on holiday, nothing is being worked on, or the dev team has been literally cut by 90%, with the members being rerouted to other non-diablo 3 projects, this is ridiculous. Tons of people are quitting, its a fact please save the game you and I both love. Thank you. (everyone post to support this topic)likewater7 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 My clock time on d3 in game is military time How do i change it back to normal time, its not linked to the computer clock, because that is the same.Starcore2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Black Dye... Why is there none.. seems standard.monster6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 You dont just stop playing D3 once ur bored.. You stop playing D3 when you hate yourself. true storyRecluse0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 never thought it would come to this.. http://i.imgur.com/mrOxr.jpg Never in a million years would i think, that this was the fate of d3. Worthless space on my hdd. We livin in sad times brahs.Abigdeal6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Does afk hours count as played hours? Hi.. i was wondering if my character says " 250 hours played" - does it mean only in game hours or it also counts the on-line hours' when i leave the account logged in and go to work for each character ? ty MadMikeMadMike0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Why so much attention from blues now? over the course of month, there has been like 10 blue post, today there has been 10 alone. Whats the deal? lolzDraccon7 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 RNG Gods Were On My Side. GODLY I honestly can't believe I got this. It's INSANE 37 strength 70 intel 239 BASE vitality 57 res all 5% life 3 empty sockets I'm shocked. edit: chest piece obviously ( 3 sockets)Murairy6 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Blue Posters Also Suffers - Admit it blues... Admit it guys in the blues, deep inside, you know the game is lacking all what the gamers wanted. You guys are gamers too. Unless you bought your items from RMAH with our 60$...RYAN0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Godly DH Streaming A3 100mf, 200k dps ss/93k w/o ss, 500ar, 3.7 armor, 43% dodge, 28.5k life I am streaming here: http://www.own3d.tv/live/132191 playing good music too ;)Jewels5 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Cya later diablo 3... I am joining most others i know andl ill tell you where blizzard can jam this game... for the last 4-5 afternoons i have farmed act 1 with 270MF for about 8 hours per day. in this time i have found 1 sellable pair of gloves. even with my magic find gear i still have 100k dps (ss DH) and chew thru it very quickly. so i have literally id'd hundreds of yellows. Amazing the level 52-53 items that drop also... Even threw in a few inferno whimsy runs with a friend. Thanks blizzard, i got the hamburger thing for my troubles. I have 100 hours on barb, 100 hours on DH and around 5200 elite pack kills, i dont plan to add one more hour to that until, well until ever because this game sucks. Sure i got my monies worth if you compare cost vs hours played but seriously what a joke of a release this game is. Farming inferno constantly for a ZOMGFTWBBQWTF set or ledgendary item to drop and relise it is utter !@#$ along with all of their "rare" counterparts. 0 Friends online all afternoon, used to be 10+ per day. This is not just real life friends but also randoms met in public games that i have regularly played with. I look at last time logged on and most of them have not been on in days... PvP will not rescue this game, of course we will return out of curiosity and then see what an even bigger joke that is compared to the rest of the game and quit again. Anyone who wants to buy some amazing DH dps gear and barb tank gear drop me a line coz thats it for me. Edit: and that 1 decent item i found.. price it however i like on the AH it never sells, just like everything else. anyone apart from bots use the AH?... o wait we all have to, thats how the game was designed.Babyeata3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 people who say "I played d2 until d3" someone brought this up in another thread but i thought it was relevant..... if you look through a lot of the complaint threads a lot of people say "I played d2 from the beginning until d3 launched" then say "I played d3 for 2 months then quit", then somehow conclude that d3 is bad because of this. Now I want to ask, because it is relevant, how many of you really played dedicated to d2 everyday, for hours upon hours until d3 launched. As in as much as you are playing d3 at launch? A lot of people, myself included, played d2 on an off. I would make about 2 or 3 characters at a time, beat the game and farmed, got bored then left for awhile until nostalgia kicked in then I played again. Somebody else posted that they would sign on again and play when a patch was posted or the leader boards reset, which for me and my friends was true as well. Not everyday like the claims make you believe. Yet people on this forum post things like "820 people in public games today" claiming this number should be at least double that on almost a daily basis. People hold D3 to a standard where if people aren't playing everyday or are on a break, the game is a fail, but hold D2 to a totally different standard claiming they "played it until launch", when they really only came back to it during patches or when they were bored. People complained about d2, yet still according to the posters here they played it faithfully until d3 launched. So how do we know this type of history won't be the same for D3? Where people will play it on and off and wait for patches or resets, then when another game comes out they will claim they "played d3 from launch until now."??boboy0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Why the hate? Why do you feel, that for a mere 60$, this game should be better than 4 games of equal sales value? Why do you attack any post made by anyone from Blizzard? I honestly feel kind of... ashamed to even be here anymore. Almost everyone here attacks everything about this game. IT ISN'T THAT BAD. Yes, I am in inferno, with multiple classes as a matter of fact. No I didn't use the RMAH, and no I don't have the best gear. Sure, they need pvp. Sure, they need to tweek some of the items, especially the legendary items. Why do you rage? They weren't being rude. They didn't slap you in the face. Obviously they don't have clearance to say anything about the patches. Do so many of you work a min. wage job and not understand how corporations work? Surely you can understand that they made an attempt to come and talk with us today, even if they couldn't talk about the patch notes, and you attacked them every chance you got. Do you feel better now Mr. Anonymous? Do you feel better now that you attacked a person online for trying to do their job? Do you feel better that you attacked someone that isn't even one of the people making the changes to the game, that you offered no constructive criticism, and only spewed hate at them for no other reason than your 60$ didn't buy you the stairway to heaven, or maybe the highway to hell that you were looking for? We are better than this. There really isn't all that much wrong with the game. Inferno was SUPPOSED to be a near insurmountable challenge for people to spend their insane gear on. It was built for the farmers to have something to do after they got the items that let them rofl stomp hell. They are working on it. They are trying. Why are you not even letting them try?DaemonSadi80 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Imput limit reached add kick initiation for. people that don`t have lead ..... before anyone desides to troll me and 3 other people on rakkanoth was in a game and some asian or w/e would not accept so we where forced to leave then apon rejoining a couple more times trying to get a game without the anoyance of the guy end up with the limit reached i can see this working as intended for botters but what about a cercomstance where one guy that dont talk and has party lead so no one can kick him how about adding kick initiation for other members beside the leaderDaRkCaSTLe3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Item icons indistinguishable in AH. They just don't translate well. Too small and grainy. Simplest fix would be to lighten the background. Additionally, enlarging them would be helpful. (Edit:) but NOT at the expense of showing fewer search results on the screen, or for that matter, any further crippling of the already abysmal AH interface.STG0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 demon hunter tanking a3?? how tha fuk are u going to mothafukin farm in mothafukin a3 with ur dh if u r fukin getting owned by mothafukin dmg reflecters??? i do 266k and i dont seem to be going nowhere with this motherfuker, any suggestions?AslayerXIV23 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 I thought it was just diablo 3 forums that... had all of this negativity. I took a look at SC2 forums a few minutes ago and it's almost like looking at a mirror image of these forums. It's pages upon pages of complaining and !@#$%ing just like here.Rob12 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Gold Find a waste? I have a level 60 DH I don't really play, so I just spent about 1million gold on cheap GF gear for her. I have a Barb with over 300 MF buffed, but I can't seem to find a single decent piece for the life of me. I'm honestly thinking I can make gold faster with GF. Anybody have any luck with this?Spekkio5 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Price Check on this Cool Average XBow By the way, WTS http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7731/coolbow.png :) just found it todayArmada1 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 d3 needs update asap blizzard doesnt give a crap about the community of players, only money. They would be sucessful with this game if they took our opinions seriously and what the gameplay really needs, yet they turn the other way, do what they think they like and it turns into a failure. 10 years of creating this game and it still feels like a beta. Biggest waste of my 60 dollars ever. I can go back to diablo 2 and play it over and over again till this day. If you want ideas on how to improve diablo 3, just go back and look over diablo 2. diablo 2was mainly about pking eachother, finding crazy drops(easier than d3), and spamming skills, mauling down cows in the cow level which made it hours on end fun. The new "secret level" is crap, too colorful. We need the ability to socket items, ability to go between different acts in a single game instead of quitting every time in order start a new act. Being able to hostile other players in pk games and guarding waypoints (annoying but fun). Get rid of the stupid cooldowns and let us choose to switch skills like D2 whenever we feel in order to survive and spam fun skills. The cooldowns make it too much like WoW. anyone else wanna fill in? I know this is diablo 3, not diablo 2, although what i stated is what made diablo 2 successful.BUBNINDOO4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Realistic Changes *You* Want To See in 1.0.4? > Constructive Feedback appreciated. Feel free to add some realistic things that Blizzard could change in 1.0.4 that would keep you playing, and perhaps a short explanation of why you think it should go in. Mechanical and balance changes are welcome! I will update the OP as we go. NOTE: This was inspired by a very cool thread by Drothvader, but is aimed at a more focussed suggestion bomb for the next patch. If this goes well, I will try to make this a regular thing to centralize feedback specifically aimed at a specific patch. 1) Buff low level legendary droprate. Currently almost no-one farms low level areas to any great degree - and ironically this is where legendaries are currently quite cool and useful, before they get their well deserved buff in 1.1. However low level legendaries feel a touch on the rare side. A small buff would not go amiss. 2) Smarter Targetting. This counts for both pets and 'homing' skills such as Sidearm, Shooting Stars and the like. Please make homing skills target enemies as a priority (and not fire a 300k damage rocket into the log next to the baddie) and pets focus on the enemies I am currently fighting and not set off Goblins, bang themselves against invulnerable minions or kerplode themselves on a Grotesque. 3) Extra search tabs in the AH. Something a lot of players have been asking for. A boolean And/Or modifier would be sweet too! 4) No Elite suicide mobs. Because Undead Stygian Dolls weren't fun in D2, and these can't even drop loot. 5) No checkpoint camping elites. Nothing quite like logging back into the games directly onto a volley of mortar fire and a jailer proc. 6) Nephalem Valour starts at 30. While it's not *strictly* needed, I would like to see better farming options available before 60 for people who don't want to soley rely on the AH. This would make me a *lot* happier leveling an alt too :) 7) Azmodan needs a buff. Currently he is a great looking and interesting mechanically...creampuff. He needs to summon his add portals further away (and with more life), about 50% more hp (and some way to regain it - blood pools steal life from player?) and some sort of enrage. By Sun: 8) Give those random purples monster spawns loot back. It would be nice to see some yellow weapons on them if we have neph stacked. 9) We want to see more variety in the affixes. Since the game has started, I think I have seen the missile dampening twice. The elites dont always have to have the same affixes, make them more random. 10) Increase spawn rate of elites. Since the 1.0.3. patch, sometimes I dont even get 5 stacks on a butcher run starting at the last quest point, and that is 3 levels. I have to go out to some random areas to find an elite pack. By Prodro: 11) I'd like to see the crafting cost of high level items drastically reduced. It seems pointless for me to waste 80k gold to craft an item that I will most likely salvage or vendor. By KingBasten: 12) Writhing Deceivers should be susceptible to traps and other damage while they're invisible. 13) Fix the ability spamming of mortar/arcane enchanted/waller/etc mobs. By DasFeenreich: 14) Real-time updated AH price, so item prices from AH just keeps refreshing when I'm on the page. By Bunny: 14) Make white items useful - increase selling cost to 25-50% of its magic counterpart OR add imbue quest OR require item for crafting. 15) Allow AH to be used in-game - Sick of going back and forth to check item on my character! 16) Allow inventory of all characters to be accesible out-of-game - Lets you easily move your gear around characters. 17) Show allies names on map - Just to know where to run to if someone is asking for help! 18) <EDIT> Already ingame. 19) Put skills into a side window like the inventory - Its hard to test a new skill if something is running up to you and you can't see it behind the menu! By Gatsukama: 20) (Replacement for Invulnerable Minions) - "Ethereal Minions" where they still take no damage, but the attacks go through them and doesn't stop you attacking their master would be good. 21) Shielding should work like Diamond Skin, where it absorbs X damage, or expires after Y seconds. By KingBasten: 22) Nerf the exploding plants on the act2 surface and the poisonous debris in act2 dungeons, they take too long to go away and interfere overly with kiting. 23) Slow the movement speed of Elites and Champions and/or make them more susceptible to crowd control, since naturally fast Elites can be too strong even with MS%. By Kelvin: 24) <Paraphrased>: Make Cluster Arrow explode when hitting a monster, not the floor. By Deadlite: 25) When you mouse over a wep or item in the AH, please bring up a comparison sheet like you get in game when you compare weps to the one you have equipped. So much stuff factors in now other than just straight up top end damage on a wep, like crit, crit damage, primary stat, haste etc, its almost impossible to know how big of a dps upgrade something is without having to use a dps spreadsheet. By TheJesster: 26) <EDIT> This is already ingame. 27) Buff damage bonuses that rubies grant in weapons. Rubies are already the least useful gem type as only one class cares about them in armor, and they're useless in helms once you hit 60. But at the high end they're just pathetic in weapons. Why would anyone slot a Star or higher ruby in their weapon when they'll get 10 times better dps increase with an Emerald. They should be balanced so that someone going specifically for a crit-heavy build would want an emerald, while the average build would do better with a ruby. 28) Take a serious look at unavoidable attack affixes on elites (I'm thinking mainly about vortex and jailer). The cool thing about arcane sentries and ice bombs (and some enemies basic attacks like sand wasp projectiles) is that you can see them coming/forming and have to make an effort to avoid them. But then if you combine them with an inescapable affix like vortex or jailer, suddenly, you can't escape damage that you're supposed to be able to escape, and it just feels like a cheat. No matter how smart/strategically you play, if you get jailed next to an ice bomb, you're just screwed (unless you have godly defenses). Unavoidable deaths are not fun (especially with extreme repair costs). These affix attacks should be made avoidable with smart play. By Ashent: 29) Different class bring different auto passives. If you have a wizard in your party, it buffs your mana, spirit, fury regeneration by 10%, A Demon hunter buffs crit chance by 3%, a witch doctor buffs movement speed by 3%, a monk buffs health regen by 300hp, a barbarian buffs resist by 10%. Sounds familiar? Our followers have some of this buff. By Hadezown: 30) Fix the spawn collision size for walls from elites. So many times, a wall appears ontop of me and I can't even move, it acts exactly like jailer which is unfair if they also have jailer.. By Smapty: 31) Reforging! Spend crafting mats or whatever to re-roll the selected stat on an item... completely random (may even end up with the same stat with a lower value), and can reforge the item as much as you want. This way, with enough grinding you can eventually hone one of your items to perfection... would certainly feel less futile than the current model, like a days worth if grinding actually led to some change in your character's power.Heck, I'd actually prefer Reforging replace the current blacksmith crafting model entirely... just have him disenchant items and reforge your drops and call it a day. By GnomeFTW: 32) Make rebidding easier.When someone outbids me, return the gold directly so that I can bid again rather than claiming the gold from the completed tab and bidding. 33) Distinctive friendly and hostile projectiles (and zones).Like WoW, give certain colors (most likely blue and red) to projectiles so that players can enjoy playing with wizards who use "Electrocute - Forked Lightning" while fighting a electrified.elite/champ pack. By Drothvader 34) More stash space and/or a 2nd smaller stash for individual toons. 35) The ability to toggle minimap. By wdharrisjr: 36) Most importantly, for the love of all things Holy, add functionality to filter by damage amounts for Off-Hand Sources. By DarkNemesis: 37) Decreased repair costs as a whole for High Level Items from 6x of 1.0.2 to say 2-3x to be realistic. 3x is the ABSOLUTE max. The 1.0.3 repair jumps is far too dramatic for me to break even and keep the income going. Anything beyond 3x repair costs is too great. By Orbys: (If you can elaborate more I'll add the rest). 38) Allow nephalem valor to persist when switching acts. 39) Teleporter pad should be an immune area. As long as your standing on it, you should be invincible, and unable to attack. By Khagrim: 40) Illusionist spawns - remove unit collision from these.. adding in other anti-melee affix's pretty much means you gotta take the damage on the chin until you can clear out enough of the spawns to actually move (picture desecrator illusion horde if you want to know why unit collision is fatal on these) 41) Item flagging: instead of removing all pre-60 gear from inferno, flag the lvl 55+ drops (from inferno only) so that they can be broken down for inferno crafting materials, instead of being picked up only to be vendored immediately. lets be honest none of us look at any of the stats on them beyond "req. level NOT 60", anyway From JonnYd: 42) Auction House - I would like to see a total amount off all money earned. I know myself and others keep having to do the math while items are processing and it gets annoying. Also it would just to be cool to see long term how much you have made! 43) Gameplay suggestions - Since your current philosophy on farming is getting 5 stacks to get the best chances for elites why not do the same for chests and purple monsters? This gets rid of your botting issue and lets us have our fun finding a good chest / doing pony lvl again!! 44) Itemization - There are some totally pointless stats that get rolled onto your item that just make me sad when I see (i.e ) Monk skills on Wizard helm 45) Show the Root of all the items on the item after you identify it ( i.e Windforce -> Hydrabow ) I constantly get confused with items outside of the ilvl 63 bows and all the archon gear of when it falls knowing it's a ilvl 63 item and I think that would help everyone! 46) Identifying items - After a average act run I have 30-60 rares / set / legendaries and the last thing I want to do is spend 3 secs per item Identifying. Please make it instant like D2!!!!!! From Mith: 47) Allow me to rebind my left/right mouse keys. 48) Add Friends-list wide chat messages/alerts (ie. same b.net chat functionality as in other b.net 2.0 products). From Pry: 49) How about addressing the tracking on berserkers. They charge up real slow and seem dodgeable until they reach 3 times the length of their weapon and turn a 180 degree pirouette to hit you. From Homer: 50) If blizzard could suggest (but not impose) an AH price for every item (based on prices of previously sold similar itens, chances of rolling item's stat and, maybe, on how much people are using itens with about the same rolls), the assimetry of information would be greatly reduced. We wouldn't have arbitrage (a.k.a AH-only players) and we wouldn't have to see all those ridiculously priced itens (200 mil+) that never sells but always appears first at the searches.The "suggested price" would appear when you are about to create your own auction (or, maybe, in your inventory) and in the search results, as another label (for instance, besides the Buyout Price). From Xanaxiel: 51) Angel Wings from collector's edition should be automatically enabled by default ingame, and it should be up to the player to disable it.Angel Wings should also be enabled again when respawning. Players should also be able to see the wings when inspecting the hero, and when out of the game (e.g. browsing the AH) From Judicator: 52) Fix the AH search function - even supposing you don't add extra tabs, all possible affixes should be searchable (i.e. + damage) and it would be nice to have a search function for "Chance to do anything". From Enkidu: 53) They need to include more options to change the mouse pointer, like changing color, contrast, size, etc. There are so many times that i've lost track of the pointer and take a while to find it, in inferno a second of distraction means death. From Phoenix: 54) In Inferno, allow all bosses and minibosses to respawn irregardless of quest. So I could farm Skeleton King, Spider Queen and Butcher in one sitting. From Muklol: 55) Why not put more caves in the map? If we're being encouraged to run around, why not more caves where there are elite mobs guaranteed?I honestly like the idea behind just roaming around and killing stuff, but there should be more to it since when you're done with the act you get to start over. 56) Also - with that change, maybe make it so changing skills only takes away one stack of NV, so you can change skills if you feel like you really need to, while only being punished potentially the rare to kill the mob you were on. From Mune: 57) Get rid of death timer. If the repair cost is still unchanged for death, then the timer SHOULD NOT be there. 58) You need even more communication and transparency. Take a note from Capcom (yes, Capcom) when they released the SF4 series. Tons of notes on essential information, Q&A, a weekly blog, etc. It's the only other game in recent memory that I played as much as D3, and they did a superb job keeping the community informed while new releases were under way (this rang true for patches, too). From teggyguy: 59) I think one nice change would be attack animations, i understand its based off attack speed but im sure everyone can agree that they have died numerous times to the slow attack speeds. im not sure if fixing that without fixing attack speed is really possible for 1.0.4 but it would be a nice little tweak. More from Muklol: 60) Make it so when searching for legendaries, you can search specific stats... Unless there's some option I have checked off, if I go to search for an ammy at a 50m buyout, I'm going to get 46 pages in before I get below 40 million gold. From Horizon: 61) <paraphrased> Allow us to create games with name/short description, we would like to know where are we joining 1/2/3 players game/trade/rush/slow exploration/mf run. 62) Increase drop rate on LOW lvl items (legendary/set) -> you lvl so fast in this game that its quite impossible to find anything while progressing game, and many core d2 players dont use AH/RMAH as it destroy social ingame. From Nasabot: 63) Itemfilter for looting (no one wants to collect all those lv 50-59 items) From Zero: 64) From my '5NV STACK = BREAKABLES DROPPING LOOT PRE-NERF' thread (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5912294485?page=1) From TheJesster: 65) Allow me to drink a potion while holding the shift key (stationary fire key). I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I have potion mapped to my middle mouse button (mouse wheel click), and I often need to use it while firing at enemies and it took me a while to realize why it didn't seem to work a lot of the time. From Bodhicitta: 66) Make it so you only pick up health globes when you have less than 100% health--sure the way it is now adds to the "challenge" and I realize this adjustment would probably require adjustments in health globe drop rates (and negate the only downside of pickup radius), but we can't use health potions when we're at full life so it seems like a reasonable change. 67) Make it so you can see into adjacent rooms a little sooner--the walls stay opaque a little too long in my opinion (especially for ranged chars), I frequently find myself shooting blindly into rooms and wondering why I (the player) can't see a little more of what my character should be able to see. From Tuftronic: 68) Remove full heal from champion and elite packs upon your death. There's nothing more enfuriating than getting 3 creatures down to about 25% health, then getting summoned, jailed and fire chained to death. Then you revive at last checkpoint 10 yards away and guess what?...they are full health again! Fun stuff there! 69) An option to disable the annoying red glow around the screen when my health is low. It' hard to see what's going on around me when this happens. From URBER: 70) pls make sure inner sanctuary confirm don't get defecated by desecrators, plague and all those rubbish which makes the skill absolutely worthless. From Mounopliktos: 71) In the auction house I would like to be able to omit certain attributes that I don't want to see when the search results happen. For example say I want all resistances, life on hit and dexterity but I don't want to see intelligence and pick up gold at 5 yards. From Kadderly: 72) I think once I get a five Neph stack I should be able to get a guaranteed rare from a Resplen Chest and Elite monsters. You guys nerfed the resplen chest because people were farming it, leaving game, farming it, leaving game. Ok, well with a five neph stack they can't just farm a resplen chest. It is extremely discouraging getting to the second level of a dungeon and knowing up front the chest is going to only give me blues. 73) Something needs to be done with the invuln elites. In closed corridors the invuln elites will just block your way to attacking the yellow. 74) Wallers should not be able to cast wall on my character causing me to get stuck. If my character became a wall, I don't know the physics behind it, but I'm pretty sure it's automatic death. From ajk881: 75) Post-60, callouts should award gold rather than XP (nothing). Making massacres or whatnot irrelevant feels like a shame since it's a fun little mechanic. 76) I'd really like an option to disable cutscenes, both out of engine and in-game. Most of the time, the zooming around in-game (Shen's barrel, for instance) isn't necessary for anything and it's always the same thing. Mashing the space bar or escape key again and again even while fighting Diablo really breaks up the flow of the action and feels like a hassle. From Shatnerstorm: 77) Roll individual resistances into all resistances, or at least roll the non-physical/all resists into a single stat (elemental resistance or whatever). Nothing irks me more than having a perfectly good item drop that's ruined because it has cold or lightning resist instead of AR. From Patzy: 78) When I select a quest to kill the final boss of the level, the earlier bosses, quests, and everything should still be open to me. If the name of the game is farming with neph valor, let me farm with neph valor. From MrJones: 79) If i put a max bid into the AH, I want to be able to toggle whether or not to show items that don't have buyouts. From Stonegar: 80) The ability to sort armors based on the stats you want not there armor or price like i want to fillter boots with the best dex i can get from them. From Snowjob: 81) <Paraphrased> Increase the proc rate on weapons, 1% feels far too low to be useful. From Lightbender: 82) <Paraphrased> Stop letting class items spawn with affixes that can only benefit another class - for example a wizard only item with a demon hunter only modifier. From Shadowstar5: 83) Give us the ability to ignore stats from socketed gems when searching on the AH. 84) Give us an option to disable Screen Shake. From Kathars1s: 85) Fix the insanely huge hitboxes on characters. I know you've already said you don't want people dodging things with skill, but I don't believe that's right at all.If that's really the case, fix the hitboxes, but add more mobs to the game in general so it evens it out.Getting hit by a melee swing from 10-15 yards out of the monsters obvious range is just silly and frustrating at the same time. From Peanut: 86) Cancel auction items option on items that has no bidders. Blue said they gonna look into it before 1.03, but I think they might have already forgotten this. 87) Decrease extra health per player. 105% per player isn't fun. Go down to 66%, like in D2. When we play together with other people, we want to kill stuff faster, not slower. Especially with the lack of party buffs. From Orbitron: 88) When I enter the search parameters for something in one auction house, and want to switch over to the other one to check prices there too, I have to re-enter the information. Extremely annoying and time-consuming. 89) If something we auction sells, we should be able to go to our history and bring up the specifics of the item that was sold by mousing over the name. I sell things all the time and wonder "now what was that again?...." 90) In the same vein as #2, if something we auction does NOT sell, we should be able to see somewhere (either in our history or on the "Completed" tab) what price we auctioned it for. This would prevent sellers having to re-price every item every time. Item didn't sell? Drop it a bit and re-list. Boom. Done. 91) A bump to the number of auctions allowed at once would be a nice bonus too. =D From Cypher: 92) I like the idea of adding in new and unique dungeons to the zones, like the towers in the first act...What of them?! 93) I like the idea of little mini quests like the thieves guild. We had such an awesome introduction to this game, but then it just went sour and the off quests dissapeared with boring...Ironically repetitive random generated dungeon. How say you the random dungeons are repetitive...It's their structure and creation process, architecture. The elites are even repetitive, the entire game feels like a farm after the first act. From Tehmens: 94) when looking at item comparisons something needs to be added that shows the change in crit dmg and chance - its not currently added into the calculation. Also, an option for a full screen overlay map (like that of d2) would make things way easier - i dont know how many times i've accidentally backtracked without knowing it because I couldn't see it on the minimap. By Saturnine: 95) Buff life steal, it is highly outclassed by life on hit and it would be nice to see them both be viable or perhaps combine them. By Tyrael 96) <Paraphrased>: either add ingame functionality to allow easy gear switching for MF%, or break it. By Theeighthark: 97) Implement a way to work out the Gemless DPS value of an item without having to remove that item's gems. Or make items with sockets only sellable on the AH with all empty sockets. Either way will work. By Psylosis 98) <Paraphrased>: Elites, especially Tremors need a speed reduction in Inferno. More from Venom: 99) Change the way "purple" mob loot works, it should function the same as elite packs (specifically, the random event purples) It feels wrong to get an event and leave unsatisfied. 100) Any random event should reward at least 1 rare, some reward nothing but gold. By Reitho: 101) <paraphrased>: Give an immunity period to players after being CCd to prevent unbreakable chains. By Kolp 102) Could Blizzard make a way to 'gift' an item to a player who may or may not be currently online? So when they come online there is a little pop-up that says: "You've received a gift!" and it shows up in their inventory. Just a thought, thanks. By Glassfist: 103) <Paraphrased> Allow the NV buff to give extra rares from Resplendant chests. By Facelessvoid: 104) Remove the invulnerability from jumping mobs (lacunis), make it so you can attack them while they do it and reduce the amount of fire potions they throw at you. By S1eth: 105) <Paraphrased> Increase dungeon sizes in later difficulties to allow easier NV stacking. 106) Allow adding to your bid instead of replacing your bid.If I bid 2 million on an item and want to increase to bid to 2.5 million, I first need to spend an additional 2.5 million before I get my initial bet back. Therefore, I need 4.5 million gold to increase my bid by 500k. 107) If I'm outbid and I want to rebid, I'm often outbid immediately. This happens maybe 10 times before I find the right amount of money. And each time, I have to manually send the money back to my stash before I can try to bid again. Please allow me to do this all with a single action instead of switching AH tabs, returning my money, rebidding, etc. From Apoth: 108) <Paraphrased>: Replace the WD skill Vision Quest with an IAS passive. 109) Increase WD mana regen substantially at higher levels. From Heceldi: 110) Add presets option to the skills window. There's plenty of room on the skills window to sneak in another button for 'Presets'. 111) Add presets option to the gear window. By Rastand: 112) possibly change one with everything to an all resist passive buff it restricts monks itemization too much. From Snakefist: 113) "drop all non-magic weapon/armour from inventory button" - since their cost is very little, and for most of the game-time it is unlikely for a player to actually use/sell vanilla item, i think this could speed-up a tedious task player often repeat. 114) "auto-pick potions that are currently used" - self explanatory, if player actively use a type of potion, it is unlikely that he won't pick another (100 potions limit can be removed - at this numbers, 90 second cooldown item quantity is really not important). 115) add possibility to "lock" certain items, so game will ask before they are being sold to vendor (similar to blacksmith and rare items) - often careless right-clicking can lead to unnoticed selling of a valuable (and used) item, noticed too late. 116) AH - add possibility to sort items by other parameter then DPS or AV (for instance, there is no way to sort which doctors mojos by DMG, which is dominant factor for buying them in most cases; also, items with AV always coming at top of the list ruins some more general searches – like search for all dexterity 250+ items, where all 46 pages are reserved for items with AV, regardless of actual dex value – providing that it is above limit). 117) item identification should be done in a "mass d2-way" (say, by shen) – while identification scrolls not being needed is good thing, having to spend time on manual identification is way inferior to d2 "old man cain identify all". By Indo: 118) Let me use 2 of the same skill on my bar but with different runes. By Melchior: 119) <Paraphrased> Extend the NV DC 'Grace Period'. By Gruberik: 120) Rare loot is yellow; Why not add some shades of orange to red if an item is good?You would not notice the change on unidentified items (to reduce people teching just for the orange/reds).But basically, if all or most of the stats on a Rare are in the top percentile, the colour changes. By Meltdown: 120) More stash tabs. Diablo 2 had one tab per character. Now we only have 3 to share between a max of 10 characters. By DirtnHarry: 121) <Paraphrased> Allow us to check a box disabling cutscenes entirely. 122) We need a tab in options for loot pick up settings. Have check boxes for the following:1) Pick up grey/white items2) Pick up blue items3) pick up yellow items4) pick up orange items5) pick up gems6) pick up potions7) pick up goldIf the box is checked, and the item is in your pickup radius, it gets picked up automatically. I know I would happily check 2-7 and then not have to inspect the name of everything that drops to make sure i didn't miss a gem in an ocean of trash.Or at least put gems in some other color so we don't mistake them for non-magical crap items By Sleuth: 123) I believe we should lesson the gap between ilvl58-63 weapons (aka buff ilvl 58-61) so these weapons that drop could still be viable for a level 60 character By MrH: 124) How about a change to make levelling alts less tedious? Perhaps for every level 60 character you have you get a stacking bonus of 5% to quest and mob XP. So if you have 1 level 60 you get 5%, 2 level 60s 10% and so on, perhaps capped at 30%. Obviously this wouldn't affect hardcore characters. 125) By Klohunter: I'd like to see health scaling diminish as the number of players increases, so something like: 1 player - 100% health2 players - 200% health3 players - 280% health4 players - 340% health 126) By scarface: when auction house is down, countdown timer needs to stop and start only when AH is on again. 127) If you bid for item in it's last minutes, some time should be added to timer so the second best bidder would have time to react- enabling the highest bid to win (like in real auction) instead of just the one with better bandwidth. 128) By Digitz: When I'm placing stack-able items (such as tomes of secrets, gems, crafting mats, etc.) in my stash make them go to any unfinished stacks that i already have no matter what tab I'm on. By Esam 129) Make playing new characters through the game useful in some way. This is D3's major problem with replayability in my mind and a major reason why NOTHING on the AH sells unless it is uber top end, making everyone feel like everything they find is complete junk. I have a lot of thoughts on this so I'm going to break it up into sections on how D2 did this better than D3 By Tazz: 130) I d like to seen in the AH when I'm shopping for an item, what the comparative gain or loss in Life/Resists*/Damage is for the current character your on. When an items in your inventory it does it, but it doesnt do it in the AH. By SgtCreamSoda: 131) I'd like to see 2-Handers get naturally higher stat rolls. 2-Handers can work on Barbs and even Monks but they need to be godly, which currently is the single hardest thing to find even using the AH. By Yuwang: 132) Maybe for WD, add something like "poison master: reduce poison damage spells' mana cost by 10%", "flaming soul: increase the critical chance of all fire damage spells by 3%" and combine passives like "circle of life, zombie handler and fierce loyalty" into two passives "a dog's life: focusing on zombie dogs, and zombie is cool: focusing on hp, armor, damage and resist of summoned creatures in general" 133) I enjoy joining random public games, seeing different builds and etc., but sometimes it is nice to at least let me know what other classes are already in there, then ask if I want to join. If I say NO or do not respond in 30 sec, find me another public game or just return me to menu or something... 134) Armor colours are cool, but how about hair colours too? If changing hair style is too much trouble, adding a layer of colour shouldn't be too hard to do. #1 By Leafeaterx: 135) In co-op games, have additional players only affect monster health when they are outside of town in a hostile area. This is aimed at players that go 'afk' in public games. Thanks Thanks for all the contributions so far. Will update when and as I can. If I skip yours, feel free to let me know. Keep 'em coming!Starbird500 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Why? No response? Is it so hard to post a simply reply to people who care so much about your game like : "We are working on it, your patience is most appreciated" "Thank you for still care to post so many inputs, and your trust that we will make it a better game" "we are thrilled by the heavy posting in the forum complaining the game, we know you care like we do"Drakein3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Hello. Im a conservative one. I have hardly posted on the forums, nothing negative. BUT I JUST HAVE TO VENT. F**K WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF THIS GAME! ... that is all. ================================================ Since being dissatisfied with the game since launch, being the sensible person i am, i've never said anything negative about this game since i know it takes time to fix things which inevitably must go wrong once and a while, plus i do have knowledge in basic programming. Seeing all they have done in the patches has been ultra dissapointing. ARE THEY @!$^ING STUPID? WHEN THERE ARE SUCH BIG CONCERNS IN THIS GAME THEY DECIDE TO 'Fix where the buy it now button would grey out if player has insufficient gold'. 'Fix numberous bugs in the auction house.' 'Fixed several tooltips.' ================================================ I hope this number goes to 0. http://au.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=atvi&t=1y&c=MacTag2 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 I'm done, bored and sick of Inferno but.. Not unhappy. Parted out my account for around 900 us dollars. Of course blizzard took 15% of that so im waiting for the final figure after processing. It took 400 hours and i finally couldn't stomach farming this game anymore. I guess that's the way it goes, adios..thanks for the rent money guys.twokgs41 Aug 2, 2012