General Discussion

Jul 20, 2012 Lock the UI why should i go through the menu's to prevent me losing NV stacks, go !@#$ your mother. Blizzard owe's me rares.dellamorte0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Why Mike M. is not your Father I've noticed a theme brewing here and it all comes together like a bad made for tv TNT special. So I wrote an script to translate. Cast Mike Morhaime (DAD) Jay Wilson (STEP-DAD) Diablo 3 (MOM) Blizzard players (SON) DAD has been absent for 4 years..STEP DAD(wilson) is now living in the house and bedding MOM(diablo). DAD(morhaime): Hey buddy! How are you, things have been kind of rough eh? Well look at this! "pulls out a new baseball glove". Lets play some ball outside! SON: (disgusted by his fathers lame attempt at reunion) " Hey, screw you old man...I don't need you. (throws glove on the floor)" DAD: (Begins making extravagent promises) "I plan to be around a lot more...wait until you see what I got you for your birthday (patch notes)!" SON: I'm going to over to Steves (Torchlight) at least his dad is there once in a while! DAD: "Well fine, but you know I am gonna kick that guy out of the house (wilson) and save your mother (diablo), and we can be a big family again.things will be different you'll see." SON: (feeling a glimmer of hope, a tear comes to his eye...he quickly shakes it off and regains his anger) " I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!" (goes into to hit DAD fists flailing but instead falls into his arms sobbing....."...i...(sniff)..i miss...you .." Ugh....unfortunately this only ends up with DAD pullin the same bull!@#$ and MOM whoring herself out more. The SON finally realizes that no one is going to rescue him or hear his cry for help and grows the F up. He starts to make his own decisions without whining or complaining and becomes a man. Pretty much standard American fare. Except that this is a game...and Mike Morhaime is not your estranged father... Oh well (grabs bowl of popcorn and hits rewind)...Gaalias0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 My complaint about Actiblizz (Constructive) For those who know me, they know it is a rare occurrence for me to be rendered speechless. But when I heard that Actiblizz wants to put infantile, mawkish pontificators on the federal payroll, I must say that speechless I was. For the sake of review, I want to point out the glaring contradiction between its idealized view of barbarism and reality. But first, let me pose an abstract question. Do splenetic gadflies like its encomiasts actually have lives, or do they exist solely to unleash carnage and barbarity? After days of agonized pondering and reflection I finally came to the conclusion that I would be grateful if it would take a little time from its rigorous schedule to expose injustice and puncture prejudice. Of course, pigs will grow wings and fly before that ever happens. If I am correctly informed, Actiblizz is dead set on defending its position against what I have to say, regardless of what I have to say. In any case, if it gets its way, none of us will be able to make pretentiousness unfashionable. Therefore, we must not let it befuddle the public and make sin seem like merely a sophisticated fashion. Did you hear what Actiblizz recently said about factionalism? Never before has a hidebound skybald so cleverly hidden in plain sight its intention to turn our country into a sadistic cesspool overrun with scum, disease, and crime. One of Actiblizz's underlings once said, "Nativism is a wonderful thing." Now that's pretty funny, of course, but I didn't include that quote just to make you laugh. I included it to convince you that we must justify condemnation, constructive criticism, and ridicule of Actiblizz and its unpatriotic tirades. Only then can a society free of its delirious sottises blossom forth from the roots of the past. And only then will people come to understand that in public, it promises that it'd never call evil good and good evil. In private, however, it secretly tells its thralls that it'll do exactly that. I think we've seen this movie before: It's called Business as Usual for Actiblizz. Time cannot change Actiblizz's behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Actiblizz can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, reduce religion to a consumer item in a spiritual supermarket. It's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of unrestrained voluptuaries like Actiblizz can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them. A long time ago I wrote that "I'm indubitably afraid of beastly slumlords". Today I might add that Actiblizz's occasional demonstrations of benevolence are not genuine. Nor are its promises. In fact, there are some basic biological realities of the world in which we live. These realities are doubtless regrettable, but they are unalterable. If Actiblizz finds them intolerable and unthinkable, the only thing that I can suggest is that it try to flag down a flying saucer and take passage for some other solar system, possibly one in which the residents are oblivious to the fact that if Actiblizz were to use more accessible language then a larger number of people would be able to understand what it's saying. The downside for Actiblizz, of course, is that a larger number of people would also understand that its fans fail to recognize that the best way to get people to see through the hollowness, the sham, the silliness of its wily paroxysms is to reinforce what is best in people. There are several logical contradictions in Actiblizz's position on this matter. For example, it is trying to brainwash us. It wants us to believe that it's power-drunk to put the fear of God into it; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that I love hearing the claims of an insufferable moocher who doesn't realize that it's an insufferable moocher. As a case in point, consider Actiblizz's claim that beggarly, termagant lugs and the most vulgar ratbags you'll ever see should rule this country. Such claims always make me laugh because, as we all know, I am sick of our illustrious "leaders" treading on eggshells so as not to upset Actiblizz. Here's what I have to say to them: Actiblizz's ideologies are so nebulous and malleable that they can be used to justify any footling, ornery pronouncements. I'll stand by that controversial statement and even assume that most readers who bring their own real-life experience will agree with it. At a bare minimum, I've tried to explain to Actiblizz's blinkered attendants that Actiblizz's coterie is an immoral remnant of a lusk past. As could be expected, they were a bit slow on the uptake. I just couldn't get them to comprehend that Actiblizz's plan is to lay the foundation for some serious mischief. Actiblizz's secret police are moving at a frightening pace toward the total implementation of that agenda, which includes resolving a moral failure with an immoral solution. Okay, I've written enough for one letter, so let me just finish by saying that Actiblizz is filled with unrighteousness, wickedness, and maliciousness.Heihachi0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Auction house borked Just got this in after a sale today. Items in review 5,000,000 Gold Time of transaction 31 Dec 1969 04:00 PM PST Total value in review $12.50 Does this explain why the frequent server crashes, as its constructed from parts back in the 60's?FatboyJ1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 My Idea for Curing the Endgame Blues Offer a daily quest for Inferno that requires the completion of an Act from start to finish. The reward will be a bag of goodies containing gold, crafting materials, and rares. The rewards increase as you go up in difficulty of Acts. If you can't finish the Act in one day, it can be completed the next as long as it is one continuous play through. Maybe even offer one for each Act for those that are willing to invest a lot of time. I believe this can add to a more enjoyable game experience in a few ways. One, it can prevent the monotony of playing just specific parts of Acts over and over to cherry pick them. Two, it can fill players with a sense of accomplishment and reward for completing it. Three, it will encourage players to continue playing daily to complete the daily quest. I realize there can be some obvious downsides to this, such as players being able to run past all the monsters and get the loot without doing much killing. I think if the development team would consider implementing something like this with some tweaks to keep it fair and rewarding, it would really add to the game.Noxo5 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 About patch 1.04 just wondering when will this patch come out?NewYear1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Diamonds. All Resist Gems...why not? Why is there no Diamond with all resist for armor? That would make life so much easier for those of us who can't purchase gear or farm 5 hours a day.JLawL12 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 CM's and Blue Text People... Clean up these forums. Get rid of the worst offenders and lets move on...Sutex0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Are Act 3 ilvl 63s the same as Act1 ilvl 63s? Or it is just the drop rates are better? Cause seemly lvl63 items i got on act 3 are better than those on act 1.NoobieMcNoob19 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 D3 Girls unite! Whatup ladies its the 2Kchampboi aka Icey aka Mr.Frosty 3-pt sniper If you want to play with NBA (602 Phx what it dizoo) Fantasy champ and ball hard outta control, mob on over to WeaponInHand#1632 Hop up in my car and told my chauffeur to the top Life is such a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ roller coaster then it drops But what should I scream for? this is my theme park!WeaponInHand3 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Diablo 3: The worst game forums ever? Is it? Are there too many whiners? Or too many Fanbois? How about all the dis-information posters? How about the nutbags like me that post garbage? When will it all end?????? L8R H8RzxxxWackoxxx5 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Delete the truth because it hurtsishikabe0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 damage reduction String of ears at 292 AC + 17% melee reduction + 20 AR vs 520 AC belt with 75 AR which one is reducing more damage?Growingcow8 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Why D3 doesn't stand apart from similar games (Title changed by request of a couple people who agreed that it muddled the overall message) Original thread title was: D3 is a Korean grindfest MMO ..and it's not even one of the better ones, and I'll tell you why. Rampant exploiting of either system flaws or in-game bugs.The recent item duping fiasco with 8 rares with the same stats and name isn't a good way to convince players that the game is secure. While it wasn't necessarily an item dupe, if it was a bug in how things are listed in the auction house that someone was abusing for fun, is that really much better? You want players to spend actual money through your unsecured systems? I believe you can still steal people's items through the trade window, but I don't know about that. I think the bug with collision being enabled on some items still works, so you can go nuts and make some artificial fences to pew pew across. You can abuse a class ability to get elites to drop multiple items, i.e. 2-4 guaranteed rares. Using tools to read an unidentified rare is an exploit of the game system and can be used to cheat other players. There was a good market for selling unidentified rares to richer players and it was one of the few ways for newer players to get a nice chunk of gold, but now it's too risky to bother. This hurts both newer/poorer players and richer players that wanted to gamble for decent gear to sell at extremely high prices. Terrible solutions for addressing system flaws or in-game bugs.Making chests not worth opening (corpses have more gold). Making resplendent chests worthless and immune to magic find. Making destructibles drop absolutely nothing, despite a blue post that's been quoted to saying that if someone wants to just break pots for random stuff that's their prerogative. Reducing the effectiveness of magic find and gold find overall. Possibly neutering the stat ranges on ilvl 60-63 items to curtail a market that became flooded with Act III and IV items. Little to no character customization in builds/gearing/appearance.I could forgive this, personally, but it's a valid point that should probably be made. End-game item scaling is godawful.We all know that RNG is RNG is RNG, but having all weapons be junk unless they have 2 affixes out of the many, many junk modifiers is infuriating and lazy. Same goes for armor for nearly every slot (all resist, vitality, primary stat). The item affix range is also incredibly bad. Having an ilvl 63 drop with 10 to all resist is just absurd. There are plenty of junk affixes without making level 60 gear that drops with a single socket and nothing else. Many of the ilvl 60 set items or legendaries are worthless, while a couple of them are insanely good, and that is not hyperbole.. they are literally vendor trash. This creates a completely linear economy with a large amount of inflation, since everyone is vying for the same exact stats and there are not enough new players joining the game to sell equipment to. The baseline for what quality of gear can sell for anything remotely decent has risen quite a bit and will continue to rise as players gear themselves (provided no new players). No variety or choice in how you farm gear.An endless dungeon would really go a long way towards remedying this. As it stands, you have to simply play through an Act and suffer through the parts you dislike or have done so much that you loathe the monotony of it. 'I can open this gate for you', says practically every character in the game (Tyrael, Belial, Zoltan Kulle, etc). The lack of randomized areas, something that set the standard for dungeon crawl games (it was used long before Diablo) is ill-received with any fans of the genre. The scaling of mobs in Act III makes it more efficient to farm Act I and II. Act IV is so short that it's an ineffective choice, even if you wanted to suffer through some of the artificially difficult mob types. Reliance on artificial difficulty.Buffing Ghom to make him a brick-wall to limit Act 3 farming for many players is rather spiteful, but buffing him by just making him spew poison clouds constantly and quickly filling the whole room is unimaginative. Certain mob behaviors (Blood Clan Occultists and other mobs that will always choose to run away) are a form of artificial difficulty. Having certain mob types as champions (Malachors in Act 3) that should not be champions is a form of artificial difficulty or just bad testing (they hit a sword and board barb for 12k and can come in horde flavor). Having some elites heal to full quickly and some not is inconsistent. Having some mobs that can charge you offscreen or literally appear next to you with no warning (not talking about serpents, but terror demons) is a form of artificial difficulty. INB4 learn2play and better-than-thou remarks, I've cleared inferno and was disappointed that I one-shot diablo with 5 stacks of NV, considering how terribly overtuned Ghom is and how near-invincible certain champions are when they're on Oppressors or Malachors. Elites having enrage timers is another good example, especially when some mob types run from the player. Extremely limited Auction House functionality.Being limited to three search terms when looking in the auction house is absurd, especially in a game that prioritizes getting your no-brainer primary stat, your no-brainer all resist stat, and most likely vitality as your third. This limitation makes it so that the player has to search multiple times under multiple search terms to even get a feel for what's currently on the market and remotely good. Since gloves, rings, and amulets can have a wider variety of useful stats, it becomes a gigantic chore to even survey the market. You can't compare items on the auction house with gear you're currently wearing. Since the game bothers to make you search by character (Character Name - Class) or by just class before you can enter search terms, it just seems like it was left out because it was rushed. Using outside sites to calculate the DPS or Effective Health gain from an item is lame when such a comparison exists in game but just was never added to the auction house menu. There also isn't a way to search for stats that appear on some of the actually useful legendaries, such as attack speed or block value. You can search for the legendary by itself, but then you can't use any search terms at all. This is a terrible inconsistency and it's no wonder that the auction house was overloaded with problems at launch and continues to randomly go down. It's held together by duct tape. No sense of in-game community.There are no clan systems to use to chat with multiple people. There is no reason to stay in the all-inclusive general chat since it's just gold sellers spamming their third party sites. Public games were plagued with 'session stealing', or at the very least became a huge scare after so many accounts were hacked, a few of which used the mobile authenticator. Blizzard now advocates the physical authenticator for a couple bucks. You can't name public games with titles like 'doing act 2 ZK runs, have 100ish magic find' or anything that describes what you're doing or looking for. No sense of forum community.The class forums are littered with WTB and Price Check threads that should be moved to the Trading forum. The Trading forum is littered with third-party advertisements selling gold at questionable sites. How can we ask you to ban gold spammers in-game when they're actively spamming your own forums? There is also no interaction from community managers and forum posters, to the extent that some of them thought a couple of you quit. No incentive to group with others.This was messed up early on, especially when mob damage scaled with the number of players. However, at the moment there are no incentives to group with other people unless you're a barb or monk, and even then it's a very minor incentive (follower buffs). There are still a handful of disincentives, such as the mob health scalar being 100% (might be fine) and magic find being averaged out (disincentive for public games). No league or ladder play, no PvP, no method to display/search your character/ranking.There are plans to implement PvP and a Wowarmory type of system eventually, I guess. Zero transparency with hotfixes and zero communication to players.Thread: Loot Stealth Nurfed again/ Blizzard Lies http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079791187 Thread: Game limits - Re-Enabled - Discuss here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080262156 Or one of the many threads about stealth buffs to molten/desecrate affixes. D3's discussion forum is much more interesting than the actual game.See the above point. No reason to bother with Hardcore.Definitely a personal opinion, but D3 deters so many players from playing Hardcore when you have unstable servers and no offline play, coupled with the artificial difficulty points mentioned. People choose to play Monk and Barb to offset those two points, but it's hardly a choice. All of the above combine to make D3 an aneurysm inducing mess.Thread: KID DIES FROM PLAYING DIABLO 3 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079672411 D3 is a dime-a-dozen Korean grindfest MMO with microtransactions disguised as a Blizzard game / legitimate D2 sequel. Or a daytrading simulator, whichever resonates with you more. My point is that you're better off playing another Korean MMO that also has cheating and third-party tools and makes its money through microtransactions, especially if that allows them to provide better service to their player base and more frequent/substantial updates.Duelist32 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Mike=Icefrog. In Mike we trust Icefrog made what DOTA is today Mike made what Blizzard is todayLoomies0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Guilds? Does anyone think this game needs guilds or clans? do you think Blizzard will be making some kind of adjustment to allow the incorporation of guilds?davidlee8 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Please help determine which gear is better? So it's the choice between 160 vitality or 25 all res and 200 armor. My stats are 38k health, 416 all res, and 2500 armor (including the 160 vit). It would be roughly 20% health or 5% damage reduction. But since monsters hit for very large amounts I thought the damage reduction might be better. Oh and I don't have any LoH or lifesteal just a bit of regen so that's not a factor. Thinking about buying an item with other better stats on it too. Thanks for any help you can provide.DeadDragon1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Monk speed Lvling starting lvl 44 3:45pm PST http://www.twitch.tv/slackaction FOLLOW ME , watch me!, give me tips! enjoy the fun! Edit:lvl 45: 3:55 PM Edit: lvl 46: 4:09PM Edit: lvl 47: 4:15PM Edit lvl 48: 4:28PM Edit lvl 49: 4:43PM Edit lvl 50: 5:12PM Edit lvl51: 5:24PMSlackAction6 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Healing the Community With the release of the letter from Mike Morhaime early this morning, which I believe is in response to the constructive criticisms relayed in volume against Diablo 3, and likely in response to player drop-off, I feel it is time for the community to be honest with ourselves about the state of affairs on these forums. A self-disclosure: I am still playing D3, I still enjoy D3, and - yes - I believe it needs many improvements to sustain long-term end game playability. However, I do not wish for this post to devolve into partisan sniping, into a rage either for or against the game. Rather, I wish to turn the mirror onto the community itself. The quality and quantity of hatred on these forums is not a healthy thing. The intensity of the loathing on these forums reflects a negativity so deeply troubling and counter-productive, that I feel strongly something must be done about it. I empathize with the haters. We've been awaiting a Blizzard AAA title for a decade. The Diablo series is much beloved, and I understand that to many people this game is disappointing. I recognize that many are not satisfied with Diablo 3, and likely never will be. I understand the need to vent your frustration. However, at this point, I argue that doing so in a vicious, negative way does the community more harm than it does your psyche good. This community has so much potential - it's driven by a player base that is so passionate and enthusiastic. I believe it's this enthusiasm and passion that are behind the raging debates and arguments. I believe these debates have value, as the sharing of opinions is always beneficial to any community. I don't pretend to have any answers. I only know that this community needs to heal, to come together. I list a few possible explanations for the isolationism occurring online in-game, the rage here on the forums, and some thoughts on moving forward: - The economy is highly competitive and people are reluctant to help others as a result. High level, useful end-game 6 affix items are extremely rare, contributing to the competitive nature of the economy. People need to be more generous. For example: I recently found a +Crit dmg, +Crit chance, +All res amulet that I could have cold on AH. Instead, I gave it to the level 60 DH playing with me at the time. Encourage generosity. - People are angry at the developers but the CMs are absent. So, we take out our anger on softer targets - other players. Players also rage at Jay Wilson. This does nothing but spread anger and resentment within the community. Discourage this behavior and encourage compassion. - General Chat is somewhat empty. People who are there rarely engage in helpful conversations. Most people in General Chat keep to themselves. Spammers are still there. I believe the spammers are keeping people from General, as the spam is annoying. Report the spammers. Blizzard needs to ban them. Encourage helpful, useful dialog on General Chat and respond defensively when people flame or rage at others. Our community does not need rage. - The class forums are full of price checks and trades. We need our CMs back to move these threads. These threads make it really hard for new or struggling players to find information. This eventually leads to player drop-off as people get frustrated when their builds don't work and they can't find useful advice. Report trade/price check threads. CMs need to come back and actually moderate. - The General Discussion forum is full of hate. If you have something negative to say, frame it constructively. Find a way to criticize the game that doesn't attack Jay. Find a way to criticize the game that offers useful feedback to the development team. If we can restrain ourselves from juvenile, nasty rage threads, maybe the dev team will actually read some of the things we have to say. I don't know what the overall solution is, but I know that improving the community dynamic can only help. I welcome thoughts and feedback on how we can move forward and become a genuine community. TL;DR: Rage is bad. Competitive economy = people not helping others. Compassion, and a helpful attitude are good. Class forums have price check/trade; report these threads to get them moved. CMs need to come back. Gen chat is pretty empty, players there not helpful. Report spammers, be helpful and positive to others in gen chat. Gen forum is full of rage. Be nice, be constructive. Edit #1: Fixed spelling error.okcookie75 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 This company knows whats up! Anyone out there excited for Torchlight 2 like I am, will be sure to want to read this. This is a great post by the creators actually describing what they are doing and giving actual concrete updates. Plus just from reading this it makes me excited to play the game, the features sound great! Here is the link : http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/07/17/travis-with-some-torchlight-ii-updates/ To bad D3 fell short, luckily the computer I bought solely for d3 will not got to waste.Mephisto4 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Titan MMO Info It's a space MMOFPS with vehicles just like planetside and it takes place on Saturn's moon Titan. It will have RMAH and Blizzard wants to keep it alive for 10-20 years.Pookrat28 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Some thought to improve replayability Drop rates in NightMare and Hell are very poor and most of people must use AH to get through them. I think it would be nice for players who already have a level 60 char to have Nephalem Valor bonus for every Char they have. The Normal level now is good because we can get Rare from every boss so their characters can begin to have Nephalem Valor from Nightmare level. I think this will encourage player to play a new char without too much dependent from AH and it will be fun because the chance to get low level legendaries also increase. Any thought?CloudStrife1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Can't kill Belial with the build cleared act2 I play a monk as my main. Act 1 was pretty tough for me, but after reading, I realized that I need plenty of resist and LoH, then I managed to do, than to farm it. Act 2 was much harder, but about 3-4 weeks after killing the butcher for the first time, I managed to find a build (and the gear) that suited my style and can clear act 2. However with this (pretty much survival) build I simply could not dps Belial down before he enrages. This seems a bit odd... However, changing to FoT TC (which I hate to use) he goes down smoothly, but fists of thunder is not my style, I like crippling wave very much. So the point is: If Blizz insists on using the enrage timers (as gear check, or for whatever purpose), why don't they set it so, that they can be beaten with the build which brought me there? I know very well, that after being able to farm Belial (whenever will it be so) I need to improve my gear very much simply to be able to survive in act 3... (which is a bit stupid, but that's another topic) Build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WdgXYh!ZXU!abYbca Stats (unbuffed / with buffs / with buffs & enchantress): 44k HP 21.7k dps / 25k / 25.5k .5.3k armor (64%) / 6.4k (68%) / 7.2k (70.6%) 500 resist (62%) 40.8% dodge / 49.7% 200 life per sec (currently not using LoH)Frankie21 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 You Have Been Disconnected REALLLY? THANKS GENERAL FORUM OBLITERATEmajinbeast1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Sanctum Savants "Level two Wizards to level 60." There is an achievement like this for every class, including a main achievement of "Level 10 classes to 60." What is the point of these? Did one of the designs simply not understand the difference between D2 and D3? Why would I ever level the same class twice?Senladar5 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Blizzard and Vertically Scaling Games The principal of the design isn't for balance or skill, it's to keep you hooked. It's designed around getting you addicted. "Maybe this pack will be the one that finally drops the multi million i63 item." As poor as the idea is in terms of making a balanced, skill oriented game, it was very successful in WoW again not because it was balanced or required skill but because it was addicting. The problem with D3 is that it scales vertically (VERY vertically in fact way more so than WoW) but after you beat Inferno there's just no point in playing. In a vertically scaling game, the end game CANNOT be getting better gear especially in what should be an RPG! This is a fundamental design flaw and is a major reason why this game fails. How Blizzard didn't see this coming is beyond my comprehension. What happened is, Blizzard didn't want to abandon the elements that make their games addicting. Blinded by their greed, they overlooked a major design flaw and failed hard. Gw2 is the solution. A game dependent on balance and horizontal scaling. Since it doesn't scale vertically, the developers know their game must require skill and it must be balanced or it will fail harder than D3. Can't wait to start supporting developers that actually give their games everything they got and don't rely on vertical scaling to keep you playing.Mizriam7 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Meanwhile at blizzard hq http://speedcap.net/img/1a256dd061ef46d56d2592ec9cd621e9/0eb8176e.png This is what it's like at Blizzard HQ, everydayCHUCKBOLBUCK2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Means of fixing the gold inflation/AH & UNid Right now, one major issue in the economy is the lack of proper gold sink and the lack of usage that we can use gold for. A second issue is the inability for us to sell UNid items in the auction house. The trade chat is currently overflowing with people who wants to sell unid. A method to kill 2 birds with one stone is to allow us to buy and sell UNid items in the gold auction house as we would sell gems This however would mean that blizzard will need to remove the range of base damage that normal items may roll. Secondly, this may also mean that blizzard must allow us to "stack" UNid items as they should not have random stat prior to identification and hence functions more of tokens in practice. Of course for obvious and, for legal reasons: as selling a "lottery" item such as UNid may be seen as gambling, selling UNid MUST be a function with gold and only gold. Blizzard needs every source of gold sink possible and this will give wealthy players a very good area to "sink gold" into while providing players a market to use for selling UNids and get them out of trade channel. Most importantly, UNid is inflation proof as a large numbers of wealthy players will want it and hence will most likely go up in value as inflation begins to take it's toll. Making it an item which players may invest in and stock up on, or simply an item for new players to sell which has value. EDIT: As mentioned in later post, this will give us a gold sink as it increases transactions in AH which will allow blizzard to take 15% taxes out of every UNid sold. This increase in transaction will increase future transactions as it gives means to the sellers to become buyers of items they needmTWO73 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 fix the friggin RUBBERBAND what a complete show of incompetence, how come you cannot fix this lag issue its unnacteptable for a company the size of blizzard its impossible to play this wayZerin4 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 I finished D3 today! Paid off my CE! Finally sold a neckpiece been trying to sell. My CE is finally paid off! I consider this the actual beating of the game. It only took 150 hours of play, and 8 hours over the past month logging and putting this same amulet on the RMAH over and over until someone bought it.Condottiere0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Movement speed move = mobs get free vortex! Really Blizzard..... why is it that whenever I try and Tempest Rush out of an aoe/frozen/!@#$ that can kill me if i stand in it, the mob magically gets a free vortex! Well, I guess it's called rubberbanding, but same deal. This issue gets fixed and this game is soooo much better.Killxswitch2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Let the Bodies Hit the Floor Is it just me or are dead bodies hanging around for a lot longer now? Maybe I'm just hallucinating... I could swear the bodies used to disappear relatively quickly. Now I can walk across piles of remains for a good while. If they changed it then that's one of the few +1's I can give Blizzard for after-release adjustments...Winterfell2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 how to get dps over 100k? Is there a way to do it without crit? Got a funny feeling they are going to nerf that soon.HungLow14 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 What Mike Morhaime Truly Said: Behind the PR Remember, Mike Morhaime is a CEO of a large company part of a publicly traded corporation, and he can't speak frankly. So, a guy from my clan forum translated his sentiments for you: ... If you wonder why he the rational-thinking guy and the share-holder free guy, both not compelled by shareholders are different, he explains: ...Condottiere1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Question about Salvaging Legendaries So if I salvage an ilvl61 Legendary, will I get a Brimstone? Thanks.Seraph0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Streaming most of the days Looking for people who want to do A3 runs, or get some items. I will be giving out items periodicity throughout the runs. tune in http://www.justin.tv/sruuXruu0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Constructive thread : enrage timers rework Enrage timers aka : you kitted/tanked too much I am not a big fan of the concept in general in an ARPG but I could live with it. However Diablo 3 does it very poorly with that doom aura in my opinion. This thing is.... the exact OPPOSITE of fun. It's an aberration that should be immediately removed from the game. It's unfair as it can't be avoided in any shape of form and it make no sense at all. If Blizzard wants to keep enrage timers at all cost, well then be at least creative about it guys ! Invent new skills that the monsters start to use after a while that make the fight becomes progressively harder. that would add more personality to the monsters and remove that feel from the player of being cheated. That could actually be cool and add quite a bit to the game in general. I can think of a few on top of my head : -Desert wasps : when they enrage, their small wasp missiles become red. they travel faster, and become homing, doing increasingly more damage as time goes by. -Elemental mage in act2 : they gain an aura that reduce more and more the players' elemental resistances while their own elemental damage scale up, as well as their moving speed. -Phase-beasts: ok these guys are so hard to handle already : just progressively increase their attack speed over time once they enrage. They also teleport a lot more often. -Succubi : their missiles change colors, travel faster and faster and are fired more often. The curse you get after the impact becomes more and more serious as well. Maybe a debuff that start to diminish all resistances and increase the longer the fight goes. -Lacunis : they start to move faster, their critical chance increase as well. Maybe use a claw mark on impact to highlight it. -Spiders : they gain the ability to spawn tiny spiders. those are small but nasty. they apply a venom on hit that progressively reduce target's armor and they gets faster and faster. -Skeletons with big axes : they gain the ability to charge. they attack faster and faster as well. -Skeleton archers / spear goatmen : they start to shot fire arrows. The fire damage gets stronger and stronger. They also periodically shot sniper shots if the target is in the distance. those are fast traveling arrows/spears that hits from very far. they start as uncommon then the occurrence increase as the fight goes. -Fallen shamans : they start to spawn kamikazes ! The longer the fight goes, the faster the spawned kamikazes move. -Dervishes : when they spin, they start to generate small tornadoes around them ( like the wizard ability ) . These tornadoes deal increasing damages. The dervish starts to move faster as well. -Charger beasts : they charge a lot more often and without preparations, their attack speed goes up as well. -Demonic tremors : a defensive kind of enrage. They start to reflect damages more and more as the time goes. -Bats : become covered in a lightning effect and gain the sorceress lightning bolt skill. they blast it periodically at a the player for moderate damages. As time goes by, the damage scale up and it keeps happening more often. -Fallens : they start to become berserk, gaining the ability to throw their axes and hitting faster and faster. -Ghosts : the current doom aura actually fits them. Don't hesitate if you have ideas of your own. The aim is to make the fight progressively harder ( harder to tank and harder to kite ) to the point it eventually becomes unsustainable but without it feeling lame or unfair.Tadidam10 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 really need to... Allow Auction house to be available in game instead of leaving, only to have to explore map again any other reasons to this...KillSwitch0 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 I heard a rumor Most people don’t reply to my post(s) because they accurately describe the situation and can’t be argued. Lets collectively look at the newest complaints that are center around this epic game. 1- Un ID exploit very serious and hopefully fixed. It benefits no one if you look at it from the most basic aspects. Actually it does benefit the basic players because the lvl 63 item that are “DEEMED” not valuable buy the person that bought it will find its way on the gAH/RMAH and sold for less creating a oversupply and dropping the price of similar items > I mean I can’t even drop a lvl 62 with xxx S xxx D 50 Res all for 5k? and players wonder why they can’t progress they are looking for a ultimate item and not buying items that compliment their skills. I guess CC/CD is/are the new in things. 2- RMAH- an excellent idea that will limit or prevent unauthorized 3rd party transactions. As for Blizzards “take” someone has to manage this equipment and the subsequent transactions 3- I heard a rumor the game is DEAD yet most of the posts above and below this one would indicate new growth with bot accounts being banned and profits from the RMAH will force them to buy new licenses. My take this game will spike at 8-10 million units sold shortly. Well I will hear that I have no intelligence blah blah blah but really what indicators above can be argued. They are simply the thought of this uneducated board being displayed for what they (you) are incoherent and undirected drones.DanTay0 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Please help me understand this "Since release it has become an increasingly common practice to keep a Magic Find (MF) set in your inventory, and swap it in shortly before a kill. Philosophically we don’t have a problem with the practice. While players getting more Magic Find for their kills isn’t a game breaker for us, many players have said they don’t enjoy doing it but feel the benefit is too large to ignore. Since the call for a solution really comes from all of you, we’d like to invite you to chime in with your opinion on what the solution could be." 1.) switching to mf gear = extra work 2.) doing extra work = rewarded with better drop 3.) people whine about extra work for better drop 4.) blizzard is going to fix this so that people who do extra work will no longer get better drops? 5.) Please explain.Aaagogo0 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Blizzard is Michael Jordan Blizzard is the modern day Michael Jordan. -=Early Career =- Blizzard - Warcraft Great game! inovative.. still not polished, proved more talented ability wise then competition. MJ - Great player! inovative.. still not polished, proved more talented ability wise then competition. -=Mid Career=- Blizzard - Warcraft2 / Starcraft / Diablo - starts winning awards and championships. Head and shoulders best at what they do. MJ - MJ starts winning awards and championships. Head and shoulders best at what he does. -=Late Mid Career=- Blizzard - Diablo2 / WoW - Unstoppable, now have more ability & wisdom and knows what it takes to make the best games with every release MJ - Unstoppable, now has more ability & wisdom and knows what it takes to championhips every year. -=Late Career=- Blizzard - Starcraft 2 / Diablo 3 - Last hit Starcaft2 great game but starting to show flaws with chat system and lack on new imagination. Diablo3 release, shows no imagination delayed release, relase plagued with error codes along with a game that fails to keep people engaged and entertained. Blizzard shows clear signs of not being able to do what they once did MJ - CEO Michael, drives franchise into ground with bad contracts and bad trades. MJ shows clear signs of not being able to do what he once did At this point both Blizzard and Michael in their current capacity can't and won't ever be what the once were which was "The greatest". Instead both at are trying to do the right thing while both just fall on their face and all you can do is say how embarrassing.. "They used to be so great"Rafiki13 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Store Online! Hi guys, im from Mexico and i really want to buy in blizzard´s storei dont know if i can buy anything because im from Latinoamerica, help i need help D:!RexChambers0 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 My input on improving the game. I have ~250 hours invested into the game at this point. My main(wizard) accounts for 165 of those hours. I, like most of you, have farmed Inferno Act1 for many many hours. Here is my issue... I feel Diablo 3 would be much more enjoyable if Inferno difficulty were simply easier. I'm sure most of you like to finish what you start. I couldn't agree more. Now some background, I have not beat Diablo on Inferno, I am at the quest after Rakanoth. I have been tempted to zombie rush through the remainder of the game, but why should I have to? I would love to beat the game with all 5 paths, using a viable build of my choosing. This is currently impossible for anyone but the very dedicated. The amount of farming required to purchase gear is simply not feasable... I don't feel we should be required to skip all but the main story bosses just to finish. Now I would like to hear both sides of this out! For those who have beat the game on inferno, what did it take? How much time was invested in farming, how much gold were you required to spend in the AH? Did you kill elites or skip all but the bosses?Lux0 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 WOULDNT IT BE FUNNY IF... WE ALL cashed out the money in our bnet account at the same time?UnicornSlayr6 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 So I figured the RMAH was going to have some Potions etc that i could buy for buffs like +100 MF for an hour for 1.00 or 20% intel increase for an hour 1.00 did anyone else think there would be consumable type items on the rmah ?Jeddak3 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 What does GG item mean I see it all the time it someone could please tell me what it abbreviates :)Phoenix9 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Help me understand Blazing Guardian Damage. This is more so a curiosity than anything. I switch up my Inferno farming and go through Act 2 to break up the pace of Act 3 farming. Is it just me, or do these things, even the non elites, seem to do the most damage out of any mob out there in the game? Add in the fun times I get a Desecrate/Arcane/Jailer/Vortex combo, it makes me feel the Demonic Tremors hit like Pansies. :(Exphryl0 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 GW2 open beta weekend starts tomorrow....whos ready?Pryopen42 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 TANKS DEMON HUNTER TWITCH TV INSANE!?!? watching live stream here and tank demon hunters may be better than any other tank in the game? LOL so op check it out http://www.twitch.tv/superplayertwoEthreals0 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Why wasn't latency the first thing fixed? Cause loosing 5 stacks several times a day , and having blizz say meh is getting a little old.GodFish4 Jul 19, 2012