General Discussion

Jul 17, 2012 2 words. Skull Cleavers.Zbik24 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Game Limits... really? This is obviously only to nerf people who run Sarkoth for gold (99.99999999999999% of his items are junk). They claim this is due to bots, which is BS. All the people are smart enough to set a delay long enough to be slightly longer than the average person clicking to stay well within the limits of what is humanly possible. If the Dank Cellar is open the game takes on average 42 seconds for me, if it is closed it takes an average of 15 seconds. I can typically stand to do Sarkoth for around an hour, but on occasion I have ran for up 5 hours straight to be able to afford gear. The Dank Cellar is a great option for players just getting into Inferno so they use it. All I see this doing is nerfing one of the easiest ways to make gold, or making people simply set a longer delay in games so they can continue to run the same damn bot... so you have achieved nothing other than they will make less gold per hour. All the nerfs to anything that produces items or gold is getting old pretty quick. I honestly never saw a point in farming Act 3 and Act 4 Inferno because of the amount of gold dropped, and the amount of decent items that drop vs the time to kill. So I honestly don't even attempt to make it through Act 3 or 4 at all on my Barbarian even though his gear could easily get him through all of Act 4. Why is it we continuously get stuck playing the game in ways we DO NOT enjoy?teh1337one4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Game limit Reached Something is off with the new limits. I received this message and I had not been in game for a while. I was jumping back and forth between a friends profile and the AH looking for items similar to his and I got the "limit Reached" message then got booted.Elminster15 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Activision, It's just business Preface: Activision is notoriously known for creating underdeveloped games that are a smash hit merely because of title in which they develop the game under. Examples: Call of Duty, and now Diablo 3. (Feel free to include any others) Understandably it is a business and if you can fake millions into buying your game-with hopes of it being an amazing sequel-why wouldn't you do it? Cash-in Cash-out Business strategy: -Buy an epic title. -Develop a sequel. -Cut Deadlines in half. -Release garbage that is just credible enough millions will buy. -Repeat the process with different titles so frequently that people will just forget about the former and buy the latter The gaming industry has got to be one of the most forgiving industries I can think of. If this was any other industry and you had a metaphor for Diablo 3 in that industry you would have something strikingly similar to whats happening to RIM in the phone industry. Activision's track record of releasing unfinished, underdeveloped, pay to KEEP playing cash cows is incredible. (For those of you who don't know who RIM is, it's Blackberry and it's a company tanking fast.) Call of Duty: "Oh hey sorry the game is broken, here is your bill for the new maps that we already developed before release." Diablo 3: "Oh hey sorry the game is broken, here is your bill for all the new gear you have to buy after we cut your Attack Speed." - - - - Does Activision even understand how much more they would have made if they had not nearsighted the release of Diablo 3? All the people that have quit already should be a good sign. I know from personal experience that over the course of the next year or so-if diablo 3 was good-I would have spent 100's of dollars on the RMAH. This game doesn't deserve the 60$ let alone anything else just to play the basics. Stopping feeding the giant. (I will buy the new CoD, but anyways)Professional0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Best game of the year single player...Jatayu4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Grind rant and stuck progress Ok, So I am a lvl 60 wizard stuck at the start of ACT 2 inferno. I deal 23,000 DPS with a 292% crit dmg 22% of the time and have 30k life, 3600 armor, 75% resist physical 64% damage reduction and 64-67% resist all magic. My equipment is all Auction House bought, much of it with real money. I haven't had a single decent drop even though my MF has been decent. I can comfortably solo through act 1 but the drops are total crap. I build up the 5 stack MF buff, throw on my great MF helm despite the fact that it gimps my efficiency a little, and slog in and get lots of rare drops but... it's all crap. I have YET to EVER get anything that is worthy to replace what I already have, and therefore I am stuck grinding until I can afford to buy something new. I get slaughtered in act 2, co-op is pointless because the monster strength is buffed to compensate and the MF is averaged which means there is no benefit to going co-op at all. Am I relegated to grinding ACT 1 a thousand times on solo so I can get enough gold to buy something new in the AH to HOPEFULLY give me the edge to progress into ACT 2 without being made into a puddle by damned insects? (BTW Blizzard, WTF did you make every insect in the game completely deadly?) I HATE the D3 grind. Absolutely hate it. Mainly because of the expense of repairs. If I do die a few times it delays the progress of the run, reduces the gold you make by doing the run and in the end a half hour is wasted and I'm only another 50K up and that next item upgrade costs me only.... oh yeah, 5 million at least. So let's do the math then... I can make 30K every 7 minutes doing hell difficulty magda runs, that's 257K an hour, which means it will take me 19 hours to make 5 million gold... I mean 19 F-ing hours! come on Blizzard! I understand wanting to keep people in the grind for a subscription game like WoW, but what is the reason for wanting to force people to grind in D3? to keep our interest? cuz I gotta tell you, mine is waring thin at this point. I've also tried investing gold into creating items to sell on the Auction house (because I haven't gotten a single damned good drop in the entire 100+ hours I've played this stupid game) but noooooo the economy is rigged so that when I spend 1.9 mil on supplies to make a flawless star gem, I can only make 1.89 mil on it, so I lose money! because you tax the fake gold sale price! WHY???? Do you hate your players blizzard? this isn't fun anymore. Oh yeah and I'm out a ton of gold for buying a demon carapace plan hoping it would turn a little profit over time making the items, but no dice there either because of the crafting fee. I'll be lucky if it ever pays for itself. So what the hell? what am I doing wrong here? There is no reason for me to play in inferno for the "great drops" if I'm not getting any, so I might as well just do the magda runs which are just as boring, but at least I don't really risk dying and getting set back by the absurd repair bills.... Uhhggg Bottom line I feel like Blizzard is chasing away players and destroying fun for the sake of maintaining a balanced economy which forces grinding, it's complete !@#$. D2 was so much better. I didn't mind grinding cow level after cow level or doing mephisto runs til my eyes bled because the drops had the potential to be amazing or at least interesting. Thus far I have only ever seen 3 legendary items drop for me in D3 and they were all complete crap, being level 20-42 items and they dropped vastly later than they would be useful. I have yet to see a set item drop and most of my inferno ACT 1 rare drops are worthy of ACT 3 Hell difficulty.... sigh.... Dunno how much more of this punishment I can take Blizzard So rants aside does anyone have any suggestions on A) what I might be doing wrong gear wise or B) where I can actually grind effectively to earn some real gold to upgrade with that won't take me 19 hours or C) some effective way to use the AH to make gold since Blizzard has obviously made it to make people "break even" at bestKharn12 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Nephalem Valor Buff Idea Instead of taking the five stacks of Nephalem Valor Buff away, when switching skills or skill runes you will only lose one each time you, switch a skill or skill rune. This will allow you to switch a skill that might help you fight certain pack of elites but instead of losing all 5 stacks, you will only lose one. This will make people bit more happy becuase they will not lose the whole stack.ace7001 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Vivendi Working With Two Banks on ATVI Stake Found some news on the Activision sale. http://www.diablowed.com/2012/07/vivendi-working-with-two-banks-on.htmlJonephes0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 What happened to the gold drop Look, my equipment is good, a lot of strenght, a lot of vit, but i dont habve a shield so i cant pass inferno. Now to the real problem, i need money to buy a shield to finish act 2, so i went to act 1 to farm. Can someone explain me why most of the drops are less than 100 gold? Seriously, i think in hell they have better gold drop than in inferno wtf? all i get is: 26 gold, 40 gold: 100 gold: 70 gold, wtf? Sometimes i get 1!!! drop of 500 or something like that. Now.. i ask because i enter the AH and i see items that cost 150 millions of gold or something like that so there should be a a good drop, but when i play most of my drops are aroun 50-100 gold it not funny at all :(Phantom2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 To all DH struggling on act 2....inferno I am starting this thread to help allay false claims that DH is too hard and millions and millions of gear to pass act 3. You only need 1 million gold of gear (which is nothing) and A GOOD DOSE of skill. Many of the complains about DH is that they die in 1 hit. As far as act 2 is concern that is absolute bullocks unless you build your character in a wrong way or not yet geared for a particular act. For act 2 you only need to farm act 1 a few hours to get a new gear, you just need to look for the right one at the right price. A good demon hunter or any character for that matter should not get killed in 1 hit and at least should only die after more than a few hits by elite. To pass act 2 a good demon hunter shouldn't really have to spend more than a million gold worth of gear given that the skill of the player is good enough. Of course there is also an option to pay more for gear to compensate if the player is not yet good enough. I'll tell you a story of my experience and how I came to realize this considering that I don't have a DH myself. I play a barb and my brother plays a DH build to a spec that allows him to take hit from elites more than a few times without dying (300 resist, 1300 vitality with 50 life %). I have cleared inferno with my barb but my brother is still stuck in Act 2 and had a hard time with elites and he arrived to the conclusion that the game is impossible. His statement piqued my interest and so I asked to give me a try playing his DH. I then proceed to change one active skill and one passive and cleared act 2. Granted that I still die quite a lot of times but it's not impossible, in fact by brother was surprised that I managed to clear the act. So really guys if you are stuck on an act you should experiment and really mix and match your skills and gear with the best resources that you have on you. Most of the times it's gearing that is a problem but often it's also about the skill of the player and play-style. If gearing is one problem then you sometimes can compensate using skill and improving your play-style. That unless of course if you have such a godly gear that you can kill every monster with 1 hit and just tank everything...MimiCucu39 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Conspiracy Crafting on Diablo 3 Alot of the major changes or plain ignorant stances taken between D2 and D3 stem with Console ports and RMAH. Lack of Map randomization -XBL and PSN would have a difficult time communicating all the randomized map data. Super dumbed down....everything -Most console gamers are casuals and wont invest the amount of time or the will PC gamers do. The WOW cartoon design - 360 and PS3 are Family consoles first and foremost. That feeling like your playing a beta version of a game....well you are. The beta for the console release. Please continue...Brophus0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 (Sticky Locked) Game Limits Re-Enabled With all the things wrong with this game, thank god for this! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079782166#1 It's things like this that make me root for item/gold farmers.Deathjinn0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 What IS really wrong with D3?. Ok I've been playing D3 for awhile And i quite enjoy it, i enjoy it a lot in fact. I have played D1,D2 including expansions for both and really enjoyed them to. I also Played wow and Actually got bored with it Quickly Much faster than i have with D3. What i would like to know is why You do not enjoy D3 and what you think needs to be done to Fix the issues that makes you hate this game so much. I would also like to know if you play WOW as i have noticed most people who Hate D3 seem to be avid WOW fans. Currently I believe there are some things wrong with the game that need to be fixed They are as follows. Fix/Rebalance loot drop tables, Not M/F Slightly lower Stat Randomization on Rare Items Rebalance WD Skills Add at least 2 additional "prefered Stat" Filters in Ah Make Gold Tradable In RMAH For a lower Price then Gold Spammers to Reduce Gold bot Spamming. Rebalance Coop Play Improve Stats On Legendary And set Items. If the above fixes get sorted I would be very happy with this game But that is just my personal opinion!. What things Make you hate the game and what do you suggest needs to be done to Fix it or Refresh the enjoyment of the game for you?. I would like Real Reasons and solutions here Please. I am interested in Exactly What in Your Opinions are the Faults in this game and what needs to be done to Fix the faults. Also sorry about the spelling and Grammar I Am dyslexic!. No joke!.PhycoWolf60 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why D3 is Not Fun & How to Fix Been playing since release. Have two chars at LVL60, one at LVL39 (AIII inferno, AII inferno, AII hell), and I stopped having fun playing the game last night. Below is why I feel the game is not fun, and some suggestions on how to fix. Why Diablo III is not fun to play • I can’t find good gear by slaying monsters. • I have to play Act I over and over because the rest of the game is too difficult to progress when frequently dying, spending several minutes kiting mobs, and returning to town while skills cool down (My barb is in AIII, but not fun to play due to the aforementioned reasons) • I can’t progress by joining public games because everyone in my game is about as strong as I am, and the monster difficulty scales too greatly for multiple players to progress any further than a single player. • There is no character progression post level 60, so after a few hours searching for loot in Inferno, and finding nothing, I truly have nothing to show for it, and I have gotten nowhere. • I am forced to attempt to stack the same item properties on any character in order to be powerful enough to progress, making many items useless unless they possess those sought after traits (resist all, attack speed, crit chance, crit damage, primary stat, vitality). Consequently, items that do have those properties are worth millions of gold, and do not drop from monsters. • Mathematically there are a large number of character builds, but realistically, there is only a handful. Quick fixes to make it better • Fix legendary and set items ASAP – add unique items traits that make them fun to use – don’t just give them attribute numbers comparable to rares – and make it so we can actually find them. • Ease up on life steal nerfs in Inferno and decrease potion usage cool-downs. We need a way to survive without spending millions of gold on godly gear. • Don’t allow items to roll that have useless stats for the class they are meant for. • Increase the selling price of rare items to vendors. • Decrease monster damage in Inferno. I have 800 resist all and 40K HP and I still get owned by fire chains, plagued, arcane, charged, etc. I understand the game is supposed to be hard, but a pure time-sink and money-hungry disaster is the consequence here. There are plenty of games out there that are fun and difficult. Diablo III is not one of them. • Increase the level cap Long term fixes • Introduce new item properties that make using certain skills more attractive. Stacking crit chance should be one strategy… not the only one. • After you increase the level cap, introduce class specialization skill mods. For example, for a barb reaching level 61, he gets 1 skill mod point. He may choose to invest this point in a skill mod such as, “increases whirlwind damage by 2%.” This will bring back meaning to having a ‘WW Barb’ or a ‘Lightning Sorc (Wiz),’ and will be amplified by giving legendary items properties such as “+ %Lightning Damage.” • Increase the number of sockets available in items and bring back runes and runewords. This will increase the number of sought after end-game items, and allow you to make non-godly gear a bit more powerful. Some things for forum trolls to keep in mind • I understand there are people who have defeated Diablo in Inferno. I admire their lack of a life and their deep wallets, but they are not the majority. • I know there have been similar threads – I am just giving my own opinion – take it or leave it. • I know this is D3 and not D2, however I am still puzzled why Blizzard would deviate from a near perfect gaming formula. I would have loved a game that was “D2 with better graphics.” I think most of the community would have as well.Toner0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Followers - Group use Why not allow us to use them in group? I understand that, for example, everyone using a scoundrel could add up to 12% crit... so why not just make those abilities not stack? Part of D2 was having a good merc with you, and leveling and equipping them. You picked them based on your play style, and it worked great. It added an extra dynamic to the game, and caused people to keep a lookout for that "godly merc only" gear. Now I'm simply disappointed when I find a follower token instead of an item I could use all the time. Yeah, you can use them in a solo game. But I often find myself forgetting to even hire them along after having been in a group. I just feel like the game is missing out on something that could really be utilized. Something the developers put time into. It's like white and grey items not being worth the time to pick, and simply being an annoyance when it appears in your inventory (give them a gold value! seriously!). Just my gripe.Affe1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 D3 getting worse. Short confession. Few points though but don't mean to flame : - Botters - Dupe Items on AH - Exploit on RMAH - Short story - Ability to check stats on UNid items - Etc So, all boils down to : I don't feel safe playing D3. Prone to hacks and exploits. Quitting~ The good points? Many to list but I'll keep it to myself :)larkowen1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 new twitch to follow http://www.twitch.tv/elviwen follow this couple as they play D3 ever 50 followers is a 100k giveawayShinjiHariko3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why do some find legendaries and others not? I have come to the captain obvious conclusion, that people like myself do not find anything - I mean nothing!! With 300+ hours played I have found zero upgrades, legionaries, set items, nor have I crafted anything of worth. I have spend millions in crap gear just to keep my character rolling, but avast I still haven't found a thing... Others post that they have found 10-15 legionaries etc.. So why the disparity? - I have come to the conclusion that there is a "hidden luck stat." I would gander (having come to this conclusion on blizz games before) that it is name based, like the old M.U.D. games. In the old M.U.D. games, your characters name dictated the player stats. The character name that I am posting with is HORRIBLE!!! Here is my loot list in blizzard games for the last Decade: Vanilla WoW: Nothing BC: Nothing - used all PvP items WoLTK: OMG ... I freaked when something I could use dropped! But alas - same weapon from BC being used. I did not get a weapon that I did not purchase or PvP for until post-cataclysm. Cataclysm: Fully Geared!!! - Didn't get a weapon until 20+runs of Deathwing - BUT I finally got a non-PvP weapon! D2: Different account name and character name: 1.1 Shako - the works. D2 Same Account / character name: Nothing D3: Nothing. I looked up my wife's name in a generator long ago and guess what - she has a "stat name." Here are the highlights of my wife's toons: Don't roll against her - you will loose all RNG rolls Fully geared in like 2-5 runs... always... etc.. So whats your theory'?!GrStaKa55 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Skill Bar Problems.... I wish there was a way to lock the skill bar on the bottom of your screen. Don't you? I have several times played for hours @ a time and then, accidentally clicked on the skill on the bottom of the screen and moved a skill off of the skill bar, resetting my Valors. I know the 5 stacks don't mean to much, but I purpose that Blizzard makes the option in,"Locking Skill Bar" an option somewhere in the option menu. I am currently on the phone with support, to push this forward. Your support in keeping this thread alive is appreciated. Remember, this is not a thread of how much you dislike Diablo 3, because personally, I don't care how you feel about the game. This is for the people that agree, that locking the skill bar would be a great addition to this game. Thanks in advance for your support and your time in reading this post.DarkStar08193 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Playing Diablo 3 = working minimal wage Probably not even LOLRyce4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Blizzard is the victim of their own success They've made games for a long time now, most game companies do not stay at the top for as long as Blizzard has been. The result? They now have a very large and vocal following from virtually every type of gamer community. The problem with this? Every decision they make can only cater to one or a few different groups while upsetting other groups. There is no magic solution. Look at all the major complaints: Difficulty. Either you think it's right, it's too easy or too hard. When they make changes that affect difficulty then they are: 1- Making 1 group happy that was unhappy before. 2- Making 1 group unhappy that was happy before. 3- Making 1 group more unhappy because they weren't happy with it before and you changed it to something else that makes them unhappy. Auction House. You may not believe this but a LARGE portion of players who enjoyed D2 were paying real money for gear and therefore a large portion of the good gear found was put for sale for real money instead of traded in game... because that's where the money was. Blizzard simply decided to regulate this process and make it more accessible and legal so people who wanted to play the game this way but were hesitant due to morality, can now enjoy it the way they want to. Any change they make to this would enrage a HUGE community of gamers. Any decision they made about any major aspect of the game made 1 group happy and 2 groups unhappy. With a less-popular gaming company they mostly deal with a very specific gaming community that is more like-minded. Once that company gets to the top, they will attract gamers of all types and they will be part of the same problem. Not only are their players more likely to be like-minded but anyone who tries and dislikes the game will simply chalk it up to not liking the game and stop playing it... the fact they have an attachment to Blizzard compels people to complain instead of quit. The best proof of this is the sheer volume of hate posts that completely contradict each other. One guy wants something one way and the next guy wants the exact opposite and both are absolutely fuming about it... how can you make these players happy? You can't. They both want D3 their way in every aspect yet they want different things. Blizzard has achieved a level of popularity that transcends gaming genres and gamer types... now that they are there, they can't win. Anything they do will upset a large portion of their fans. They've owned the RTS industry for a long time, they've owned ARPG games for a long time as well, they've owned the MMO community since WoW came out. Now they have the attention of many different types of gamers, anything they release that isn't a new idea will cause people from at least one of these groups to rage. TL;DR - Diablo 3 is not one game community, it's the combination of many gaming communities that only have Blizzard in common. For this reason, we will never agree on stuff.Mattar11 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Stuck with Diablo... So since I have a Mac ( I know, I know Macs suck for gaming... thing is I don't game much and bought it for recording) and am bored with D3 for now, does anyone know any other fun games for Mac?? I love SC2 and downloaded Two worlds Two from Steam (It's meh...ok) Would love to find another RPG type game to tide me over until the first D3 expansion comes out. I had really anticipated playing D3 for a little longer....Castrobot1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why I quit and why I will be back! Okay, so me and my friends decided to finally give up on Diablo 3. It was fun, especially getting to Inferno and getting what we considered very good gear. We have played D2, TQ, DCU, and many other games together and what we look for is fun, and competitive game Sadly, this game lacks what I was expecting. I will continue to play this game 30-1Hr every week week(After updates) or once a month in hopes for that "change" To start off, I just want to explain what you guys may have heard before. 1) D3 right now, despite having lost a lot of players (Which is NORMAL) is still crawling with too many players that aren't divided. All people who are playing Singleplayer, MP, Group(Friends), for Pvp, for RMAH, for AH only are all connected whether they want to or not. This creates an economy that is driven by what the top players like, RMAH, and AH. Whether you want to or not, eventually you will be pressured to use this. 2) Drop rates are affected not by RMAH/AH but by player size. The reason why the devs decides to makes Legendary items have random properties, or the drop rates so low; It is so that there isn't an influx on every item. After all, 6Million players looking for the same item will be an easy job. The problem with this is, it affects players individually, no rewards mean no motivation. What's worse, there is nothing to split the players up. There needs to be something to split the players up; players who want to use RHAM/AH should have separate servers or something to that effect. This way, drop rates can be changed and less congestion. 3) Force linear gameplay. This is one of the biggest reason why I decided to quit D3. I must play a game the way they want me to play. There is no longer "you can do it this way or that way". There is only one way. Rushing, quick leveling, quick runs are all gone to make sure there is less strain on servers and more time in single sittings. You should give players a chance to skip what is considered a choir. Not everyone likes to takes 72 hours to level to 60 so we can play what we want to. Why shouldn't there be an alternative, or a quicker way. How does me getting to level 60 a few hours quicker affect anyone? 4) Diversity, guess what? 5 out of 12 of my friends decided to play Wizard. Guess what? We are all using the same built, with nearly identical character looks, and nearly identical stats. We tried using different B/O but it can't beat what we using. We play and we get frustrated that our characters aren't unique in builds, items, stats, or looks. It's okay, we rolled to other classes, but it guess what? same problem. 5)PvP. I always believed in what blizzard told the press and it's fans. "We will release it when it is ready." Yet, why release a game with no PvP. Were they really months away from releasing PvP? Heck, there is barely any mention of it. 6) Itemization and walk through. Have you looked at what players are getting for their gear. It looks something like this, Main Stat(Int/str/dex), Vit, Resist, CC, CD. Now after you get this, your job is to get the same stuff with more numbers. Everything else in this game starts to lose it's interest. Why should I get a weapon that has 5% to elites when I can get the weapon that has 150 int, it's better after all. itemization needs not to be balanced but have better effects. Nothing should be "clear" towards a build. Every class, despite builds, or difficulty, or power should seeks the same exact stats. This needs to change! There needs to be properties which promote certain builds, powers, classes in a way which eclipses those properties which promote and help all builds. By this I mean, properties that have for example X% Arcane Orb should be better then something like Int. This why it pressures me to choose a certain build rather then less dmg but any build. Now, I'm sure that in time Diablo 3 will get better. After more people quit, after drop rates are fixed, when pvp comes out, and when itemization begins to have a focus, then Diablo 3 will start to shine. NO game can be perfect when it comes out. Hopefully in time, D3 starts to fix the foundations that made it's predecessors great. After all, why do we fall?MCHammer2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 why i don't buy items on the rmah it's not the money. I'm willing to spend quite a bit. but what happens if a patch comes along that changes the game mechanics? suppose you buy gear that works well with a certain build and a patch changes that ? can't even begin to imagine how frustrating that would be.Ryker5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 FOWL LAIR spawned If you are still in need of this for the Wheels of Misfortune achievement, then add me: KareemAjani#1293 I currently have it spawned and will wait a good 10-15 mins for anyone that needs it.KareemAjani2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Enrage timer.. is that a joke ? Ok I was with 2 friends in inferno, doing act1 and we were really having a fun time. We were discovering how difficult and challenging inferno is but we felt pride when we defeated a particularily vicious pack of elites. Then we arrived at act2. We were still having fun until we made our first acquaintance with the enrage timer mechanic ( the fact that, in inferno, after a certain amount of time engaging the elite pack is elapsed, BOOM they suddenly gain a doom aura that kill instantly anyone around them ) Needless to say that cut the fun pretty short. That was a cold shower, the realization what the big fuss about inferno finally was about. This timer is a sick joke.... a totally artificial way to boost up the difficulty of the game and about the worst design idea I have ever seen. it's lame, unfair and frustrating. I love difficulty and challenge in a game but not THAT kind. And it's so painfully obvious it's meant as a wall, a way to force the player to use the House auction and, of course, later the Real money one. That's so lame. Diablo 2 was about treasure hunting, progression and the satisfaction of finding new items... And d3 is about what ? shopping in a supermarket of items ? Between all the design flaws, and the ridiculous number of server problems we waited 11 years for THAT ???Tadidam39 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 PvP Scenario Idea Is is my opinion that for PvP in Diablo 3 to succeed, it needs to have many options. The traditional 2v2 arena style along with several maps is just fine, but there also needs to be other PvP styles to choose from; free-for-all, capture the flag, etc. are just a few archetypal examples. I have an idea for a few PvP maps that I think would be really cool. I'm not sure what to call it, so I'll just explain it. It would be a bit like the Caverns of Time dungeons in World of Warcraft, except with PvP. The players would be transported into the map as heroes or villains from the past and would fight the battles that made or unmade Sanctuary. The heroes would have up to 6 set skills to choose use. Map Examples: The Binding of Destruction 4 players would fight in a 3v1 style fight in the deserts of Aranoch. 3 players would fight as Jered Cain, Tal Rasha, and Zoltun Kulle allied against Baal, who would be played by the 4th player. The Battle for the Worldstone Taking place on Pandemonium, this could be a 1v1 or 2v2 map where one half of the team fights as angels, and the other half demons. Instead of having up to 6 set skills, there could be perhaps a pool of skills that would be randomly chosen for each battle. The Battle of Viz-Jun This would be a 1v1 map taking place in Viz-Jun (go figure), where one player would be Horazon, and the other Bartuc. To make this interesting, a number of each heroes skills summons equally powerful demons to fight with them on a cooldown. Beneath the Cathedral Another 3v1 style map set at the gaping maw of Hell beneath the Tristram Cathedeal, 3 players would fight as a warrior, rogue, and sorcerer against the last player fighting as Diablo. The Benefits: Provides a unique and interesting way to tell stories from Sanctuary. Has no gear considerations whatsoever and would be entirely based on skill Let me know what you guys think!Chris9 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Upgrading to a Desktop I have a budget of about 450$ to buy a new desktop pc. I was wondering if i could get some help in finding a computer worth that amount that will run Diablo 3 smoothly. Another option i was considering maybe buying one that wasn't as expensive and upgrading what it needs to run the game smoothly. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thanksearmuff11 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 For all the people Quitting Really bro? Your going to let repair costs beat you? REPAIR COSTS? I don't understand how people can say Diablo 3 sucks because they keep dying. Blows my mind because i'm not the best at this game at all yet i'm doing better than all these other players who "seem" like they know how to play. Even if you don't get lucky with your farming(which i find it hard to believe that you cant FIND ANYTHING)all you really need to do is farm either Hell/Inferno A1 for about a week TOPS n gather 2Million gold n buy some stuff from the GAH if you CANT find anything decent to use. I'm finally able to farm act 2 inferno with ease and am finding some pretty decent stuff that I'm selling on AH. I know if I keep grinding it out for another week or so I'll be able to soon move up to Act 3 or better yet find some upgrades from the farming. I use to be getting 1 shotted in Act 2 inferno and couldnt even make it out of the town. One Bug Wasp *@!%d me severely! But i wised up after 4-5 horrible deaths(HINT HINT) to realize that i couldnt do it and went back to act 1 and completely FARMED the entire Act for gold and the hope of finding some gear. I died less and I made around 80k-100k+ per run and some items to put on the GAH. Took a week or two with some testing of gear to figure out what worked and what didnt. It's not THAT difficult of a game esp after the latest patch! Diablo 3 is a pretty good game at the moment, i think EVEN better than Diablo 2 when that first came out. Long story short Diablo 2 got EXTREMELY better after the Expansion. D3 is pretty good now and I imagine that any expansion will kickass. JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DONT RUIN YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE BY USING RMAH. Buying all the best gear in any game will make it boring. Been playing Diablo since Diablo 1 came out for PLAYSTATION. lol Repair costs? As for the people complaining about the difficulty heres what you sound like: "I keep falling in the holes in Super Mario!! @#%@ NINTENDO why they make holes in the floor?!"Snoodoo174 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Lolzoverload. For serious ROFLMAO "For the last 15 years, as I served as the constant whipping post for thousands...nay, MILLIONS of pathetic worms who have plundered my depths and banished me and my brothers to the soulstones time and time again! NO LONGER! On May 15 in the year of the Panda, 2012, my plan to claim victory over the Nine Hells and the High Heavens has come to fruition! Behold, the chronicle of my journey thus far! Day 1: Millions of hapless insects gathered with their gold in hand and their steel drawn as they prepared to storm my doorstep, thinking that I, the Lord of Terror, would stand idly by as you farmed me for loot. Little did you suspect that my secret weapon "error 3007" would lay you all low! Those of you that happened to slip by my net came face to face with my uberlieutenants-- Lagmodan, The Serverbreaker,and Archbishop Disconnectus. Day 2-5: See day 1... Day 6: The delays caused by my impenetrable server defenses allowed me to fortify the Champions of Hell and overwhelm the puny Nephalem forces when they finally arrived...such awesome and destructive powers as: Molten QQ, Plague of Ridiculous Enrage Timers, and Arcane Orbital Repair Bills. To finalize my triumph, I ensured that any artifacts that my minions were carrying were at LEAST 5 levels lower and were utterly useless to the would-be plunderer. Truly the tears of the righteous are as music to my blackened soul! Day 7: I rested... Day 37: I have struck another triumphant blow! I have created a market place for the Nephalem, which is the only means of obtaining artifacts of any significant power. However, the true devious nature of this monstrosity is what makes it so delicious! In order to utilize it, the Nephalem are required to use a strange currency known as US Dollars, which they cannot access unless they willingly pay a 30% tithe to the forces of evil! MUAHAHAHAH! I really intended to slaughter them on day 1 with this device, but Belial was having trouble getting the Koreans on board with it. Day 38: Once my demonic auction house of real money was fully operational, and the sniveling maggots were happily lapping up items of significant power with which to best my forces...I dropped ANOTHER masterful stroke on them, claiming yet another victory for Team Hell! I unleashed the Mighty Nerf-alem Hammer on all treasures under the High Heavens, making them nearly useless. Many who had spent their precious gold, real and virtual, were now banished to the Halls of Buyer's Remorse. I used the tears and subsequent blood of my fallen enemies to fill a bath, and washed myself in the Basin of Greedy Deception! Day 45 and counting...: My saga continues to unfold, as many once-hopeful heroes have abandoned their quest altogether. Perhaps they will have an easier time slaying pandas soon... Those stalwarts who have chosen to stay, trapped in my Devilish Hamster Wheel of Doom and cursed to wander the Malignant Slot Machine of Rmah, do so in the vain hope that "things will get better." No mortal, they will NOT! Even when you are able to use the treasure you have purchased against EACH OTHER in Player vs. Player combat (no, really, it's coming...TRUST me...*evil laugh*), you will still be subject to my law of Eternal Internet Connection. Only once I've milked every last dollar and gold piece from these lackeys will I then pull the plug on the ServerStone forever! Just in time for Heart of the Swarm and Pandasy Island to be unleashed upon this ripe, unsuspecting world! Sincerely yours, Diablo Lord of Terror PS. Yesterday, my watchful eye spotted a 59 year old Hardcore Witch Doctor who was about to celebrate his 60th Season. I unleashed a Latency Storm on him as he was engaging 3 champion Heralds with "Waller, Plague, Arcane and Extra Life"...he is now a level 3 HC Monk. O tis fun to be evil!"Generizer0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Patch 1.04 release date Can we get an ETA on this? I don't really like the colors of the RMAH right now.RaptorJezus3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 why didnt u made the blacksmith the goldsink? as the title says, i understand the need for a gold sink, otherwise it would be worth nothing, but it's worth nothing as it's right now. Instead u should make the blacksmith able to craft equal ilvl/bases than what inferno can throw for big amounts of money.Shadow1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Suggestion for possible endless dungeon. So somewhere I read an idea for an endless dungeon at endgame. There are a few reasons I think this would be a good idea. 1) Give something for people to do that is different that the same quests over and over. 2) If it was scaled right, it would really test peoples ability to adapt Example: Each floor gets progressively harder, with random monsters for all 4 acts. 3) Would provide that challenge for people who are complaining about D3 being too easy now. So here are the details I have gotten so for as to how it could go. Like mentioned above, each floor should get harder, say 2% increase in damage, and maybe every 5 floors up health by 10%, to give it a checkpoint type feel. Also, each floor could contain any monsters from all 4 acts, to make the combos of what to fight even more of a challenge. Obviously the loot would need to scale as well, but those are numbers that I haven't thought about yet other than the scaling. Also, there should be some sort of reward/incentive to do this with group game play. I personally have seen a lot of comments and experienced it myself that solo game play is less punishing. Now some people might wonder where this place would be. It could be the land of Greed (where the treasure golbins portal to). They take our loot there, and no one knows where it is, so why not have an endless dungeon there? (Unless is planning on using there are one of the places for an expansion) I will probably try and get more ideas and such for this to see if other people would enjoy it as well. So D3 community, my question to you is this: If Blizz adds in an endless dungeon, what would you want from it? Edit 1: So here are a few of the suggestions and my takes on them. In regards to the mini bosses at certain increments. Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I like the idea of them being NPC heroes, add a new twist. I do also agree it shouldnt be the only thing people do, which is a detail I forgot to mention I had thought of earlier. The only requirement I thought about was to be in Inferno. I think that the difficulty of Act 1 Inferno should be where it starts, so that people can work their way up to being able to Act 2. Also, the idea of the endless would be see how far you can get in one go for each game you make/join.Sagemor7 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why doesnt/cant blizzard stop bots This is obviously the biggest problem with this game. A game like this cant be easy to make, so I imagine you have some incredibly smart people working for you, yet you cant stop bots?!?! Bots have taken over this game, in chat, in the auction house, farming and selling gold, trying to get on my friend list, and they are even botting your forums so hard they have "popular topics" advertising their gold sales. This isnt just ruining Diablo 3, but it is ruining your companies reputation. Sure you have my $60 for this game already, but dont you want my $60 for your next one? What are you going to do about this? You cant just keep ignoring it.Holywarz28 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Rickys got deleted..so (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻Kunoichi0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Lyceum Hi everyone, I just stumbled upon the Lyceum, which I could not believe my eyes, since I thought it was bugged and I gave up looking for it. Got the last set of achievements, except I could not find the Villager's Journal inside, despite looking in every corner. I'm lvl 52, on Hell Difficulty, here is the screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/screenshot009dm.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/screenshot011vj.jpg/SojuMaster5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Diablo 3 Endgame Mode ( Survival ) They should have a game mode unlock when you hit 60 called Survival or somthing. First Wave: 5 Fallen will come at you. Second Wave: 20 Fallen will come. As each wave progresses and are completed, the monsters increase in difficulty and more affixes and elites add up. For every 5 waves, a boss comes with a small amount of health. After a round of all the bosses appear, the boss reappears with a stronger buff. And loot will drop of course. And y'all can add to this. This would be awesome btw :DYourBigDaddy1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 A constructive idea for a quick fix While working on the "real" endgame, how about you guys let us chose to play any act in inferno at the difficulty of any other act (for instance let me run act 1 at the same difficulty and drop % of act 3) This would at least alleviate some repetetiveness... when comfortably clearing act 3 there is little reason to go to a place where the i63 are less plentiful. And also, how about a comment or two on the dupe situation blizz? :PFisko0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Anyone else having problems with this affix? Frozen Waller Arcane Enchanted Invulnerable Minions, just ran into a group of those doing a butcher run.xTweeks1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 the purpose of dragging skills out is...? other than to erase NV stacks. why is this function even here? someone explain blizzard's logic as i am clearly too retarded to figure out why dragging out any skill for "melee attack" would be useful thanksrealLY0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why Nerf? Players can't kill other players right now. Why care if a class is overpowered? It's Diablo. In before "But PvP isn't out yet". This game is not designed around pvp, blizz even said so.Chaoslol8 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Censored Hello blizzard . I have a question . Why did you delete my thread on table flip . i know it is not negative , it makes people lol and brings some smiles to the forums . it is related to d3 in a way that the community all know a good table flip when they see one and seems to be a trend in these forums . it was not hurting anyone , and i find it offensive that it was deleted . been a blizz customer eversince warcraft 1 and im now @lolz with your TYRANNY . suspend me and delete this but it is related to d3 and no terms posted in the rules are directly pointing neg torwards any words i can not use without a delete so i say onto you (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻Beethoven4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Ok, time for some positive feedback. I've been posting a lot lately, mostly because I'm tired of farming the same crap over and over again for items that hardly ever sell. Anyways... I have some positive feedback that might promote some productive solutions. I still hold a sliver of hope that this game is salvageable. So I was interested in discussing PvP and why they haven't released it yet. Personally I feel a crappy PvP system (that is updated through patches) will do so much more for this game then no PvP. But I think Blizzard is a bit scared and this is my theory on why. From what I understand, Blizzard is planning on releasing a "just for fun" matchmaking PvP system with no real competitive ranking system. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that. This of course is a huge disappointment, because most people love a good competition. However, I can sympathize with Blizzard on this small point. Lets say Diablo III became competitive and entered the world of E-Sports with all of its classes. Balance would be a near impossible nightmare. Inevitably one of the classes would become the most superior. This of course would cause many head aches for the Blizzard employees, either balance the races or face an unrelenting barrage of fan rage. I know how vicious these balance arguments can become because I spent some time on the StarCraft II forums. Fans are brutal about balance. This fear of "balance" rage perhaps has struck fear into the heart of Blizzard, thus compelling them to attempt the non-competitive PvP arena. The problem is, as I mentioned before, is that if its not competitive it will quickly become dull and uninteresting. It needs to be competitive. But the glaring issue of balance still remains. This is my proposal: Keep the non-competitive arena for people who want to just relax and play, but allow a challenge system, that lets you competitively compete against other players. However this is the catch, make it class specific. Meaning if you want to challenge a Monk, then you have to have a monk character of your own. No possibility for balance issues at all. Sure it has its disadvantages, but as I see it, it is way better than no competitive challenge system at all. Each account has enough slots for each player to create a maxed of hero of each class. Sure this creates a whole lot more work for those who want to compete competitively, but that only increases re playability. As always, I'm interested in seeing what other people feel about my ideas.FeralGamer14 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Fast to SLOW!!!! I have been playing diablo for about a month now and the things i have to do to run the game is ridiculous but i still keep on going for some reason....... I was playing fine all day yestarday then i wake up and go to play and was fine untill i hit a mob and everything went in slow montion i have alrdy chaged the hardwareclass to 1 about 2 days ago for the same problem......and it fixed it till now..... i have also had to do many other things before that to keep up wit this game i dont get y i have to do this all the time but does any one have any other things i can do to fix this problem and plz no stupid answers like break ur game or w.e thanxsxXMunkeyXx6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 GET LOW LEVEL ITEM DROPS OUT OF INFERNO! For the most part, I've enjoyed the game despite the as nerf, mf nerf, increased repair costs, 98% crap legendary items, rmah, etc... I've managed to deal with all this but nothing has been more frustrating than getting low level rares (51, 52) in Inferno, specifically in Act 3. Yeah we all know good loot needs to be scarce for the AH to be the center piece of the damn game but there's no reason low level items (lvl 56 and below) should be dropping in Inferno. Again, I'm not saying good loot needs to drop all the time, I enjoy the item hunt but the reward still isn't worth risk or time farming even after they "buffed" item level drops. After all, 99% of the rares regardless of what level is crap and useless in Inferno anyway so I highly doubt fixing/adjusting this will have a huge impact on the market. I can farm Act 3 comfortably with my 68k dps, 270% mf DH, but I feel like it's slap in the face when I encounter a difficult elite pack, die multiple times and get one level 52 rare as a reward. Even though I'm against MF swapping, I've even started to swap out a few pieces before killing an elite pack because I couldn't stand how much crap I'm getting with the amount of hours I put into this game. They need to set the minimum item level in Act 3 to at least 58 or nerf the rates for lower level items... something so it's a just a little less frustrating than it already is. I'm far from a complainer, hater, quitter, fanboy, or whatever... I just really want to be able to enjoy this game I've been waiting for so long for. This game has a lot of issues but addressing this issue would be a start, at least for me.Deefur1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Quiting the game I quit the game... as a lot of people. MY reasons: 1) NO endgame, You kill diablo on inferno and thats it. 2) broken difficulty curve, its easier to kill inferno diablo than some elite packs of act 3. 3) The stupid DOT of the death if you dont kill elites fast... why punishing people for killing enemies slow... they are already being punished by losing time killing one elite! 4) nerfing of gear and skills, the game change and so the items stats as blizard want (as they did with attack speed and they are about to do with MF)... so the gear and you are unstable! 5) no pvp... not even an arena, or a duel mode, or even a rock paper scissors game. 6) Broken classes, like the WD and his hordes of useless pets. 7) No build diversity... you can play with just a few runes but 75% of the skills are a must. 8) Unnecessary hidden mechanics, you don't know how Resistance with pet scale for instance! 9) In the game you dont fight against diablo... you fight against boters, exploiters and cheaters... each patch the gameplay loose something... like drops from jars, MF changes or a timer to play... to fight those little bastards. 10) RMAH is a "PAY TO WIN" button. 11) drop rates of good items is reaaally low... you have to farm 3 hours to find maybe something useful, but wait... if you work on real life those 3 hours you can buy on the RMAH a lot of usefull stuff... so in the end... you have to work on the real life to make the game easier... THAT SUCKS! 12) repetitive world. because you played act 1 inferno and act 2 inferno 3939393939 times before you kill diablo... unless you pay for a win tiket on the RMAH 13) chat flooded by people tring to spam you with gold services. 14) The game servers tend to be "down by maintenance" just when Im about to play. 15) Lag waves and rollbacks. 16) if you conection is lost for a second you lose all your NP valors. 17) broken enemy mechanics... Enemies with high attack speed molten and firechains will F you because they spells damage tick, tick faster, and if they are small... and you are melee.. you are in an even worst situation.. 18) Translation on Spanish SUCKS! I have to play the game on English since they have translated things like "WITCH DOCTOR" to "SANTERO" (who is a specific religion) is like calling the paladin "MORMON" it doesn't make any sense ! 19) Everyone is leaving the game... in the past i could play with my friends... most of them rage quit after they hit inferno. 20) the game feels like a constant beta... everything is changing constantly is like playing chess and in the midle of a game your adversary told you... from now on... the queen move like the horse. and after 2 moves... he again told you... from now on and till the next turn... peons shot laser beams and can kill from range... ITS FRAKING CRAZY YOU CANT CHANGE THE RULES ALL THE TIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! and thats why i quitherian423 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why Do Haters Have Nothing Better To Do? After a couple of posts to attempt to better the community that still likes the game, I became curoius..... ~Why do people that apparently "hate the game" or "quit" still post on the forums, do they have nothing better to do than attempt to make other people quit? ~Why do people repeatedly post about broken things and not attempt to give suggestions to fix them? Even if Blizzard doesnt post on your topic saying how amazing your solution is, your not helping anyone, even yourself, by posting no solutions. ~Why do people rage about their money they lost? They have been told by Blizzard they are not getting it back and nobody on the forum can help you or even cares at this point. If anyone can answer these questions honestly and actully make sense then I will give you massive props. Note: I do not / have not / dont want to recieve $5 from this post. If you feel the need to post about it though, I will gladly take YOUR $5 I do not care for trolls obviously so dont post here (unless like stated earlier "do they have nothing better to do" which would prove my point even more) I am really curious about this.Kyle41 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Block? how does it work? more specific, how do the block ammount work? I can hardly see 3k block being useful, as a barb you get hit HARD in the 20-50k range (if not getting one short) so how a 2-3k block actually help? block cancel the attack ro only block a certain ammount, can some one make it clear please?KingLessard2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Can we please get an update on the UNIDs? The methods to get the stats from an UNID without id'ing them have been posted several times in the forums, RIP to the martyrs for bringing it to public attention. Its been posted several times in trade channel. Its gone quite widespread on the 'net. Its bad. There are a lot of people very upset right now. I know the staff has to be aware of the situation. Can you please let Micah come and tell us what's up? I know the saying is you don't want to say you may do something and not do it, but in this instance, you really need to do something. I realize a change at the fundamental level on how the server-client relationship handles UNID's is required to fix it right, but it needs done. Sooner, rather than Soon™. I'm personally hoping against hope that the lack of weekly downtime means that you have developers and quality assurance racing frantically (yet methodically) to get the fix ready before you patch.Heceldi7 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Diablo III Farmer makes 60 Million Gold/hour in this post a professional farmer tells what is really going on he run bots get 60 million per/hour 30/min interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUQTATy5dc&feature=relatedGWkThePain0 Jul 17, 2012