General Discussion

Jul 13, 2012 error 53 help me!! today i bought a glove sage's grasp by cash, account has be ban ...blizzard can you explain what the problem?raphdiablo0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 My cousin sent me a link to his stats & gear After seeing it, I wanted to cry. I'm nowhere close to this in A2 Inferno. Stats: http://i.imgur.com/WSuD9.jpg Gear: http://i.imgur.com/DXV5N.jpg Look at how much resist he has. As a monk, this makes me sick.KhalARon9 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Time for Normal Mode Gold only AH Option? Lets here your thoughts. I think there is a place for a separate gold only normal mode server option. I truly feel that the COAH is a total fail but Bliz wont stop it as long as they keep getting their 15 % (anyone find a buyout less than 100k in the low to medium gold ah lately?). I feel sorry for new players that have to level up on only what they kill. See the recent post on the RMAH bugs and hacks, bliz cant keep your cash auctions safe. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079669518 I prefer Hard Mode and the Auction house there (they actually have buy outs that are less than 10 mil) but have lost most of my characters there due to a ton of server crashes (my fav was the "cannot connect to your party" message, get popped to login then see you characters ghost in the hero list). No more hard mode for me (except for some starter characters) till the servers are stable or some ability to recover your character is put in. In its current form its just a waist of time. So that gets us back to normal mode. Like to start a new character? Sure but you wont be able to put any decent gear on him except what you pay real dollars for. But thats the way it should be right? Well thats what uncle Blizzard wants. Its sad that greed will kill a game that had so much promise.shark00073 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 can a post blue answer me please? hello im a player from EU server and i know that blizzard employees are much more active here on US. hopefully i will get an answer here. my question is the link below. thank u very much. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4941344586?page=15#281 Edit: since the topic was deleted, here is my question: u should know the scam during trade... the scammer press on Escape when the other player moves the item and drops it on the ground. so why don't u fix this by returning the item automatically in the inventory when someone presses on Escape during trading. this won't affect the game itself.Xénos6 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 it reached a whole new level so my friend has quit for about 2+ weeks, he said it was boring and didnt like the issues plaguing the game so he went back to that star wars mmo. anyway 2 days ago his friend sent him a screen shot of a successful 45m auction ( not the item mind you ) but the send to stash portion of it. and my friend immediately went back to play. i was like...wtf? so thats it now? we are just playing to sell stuff? cant believe it.JudeRock6 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Still waiting for conformation on when the release version of d3 is coming out.Bodzsar8 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 AH error???? recently tried to sell a ring on the AH. It did not sell and when I went to send to stash, I got the standard message saying "Hack Sting" has been sent to your stash. But I can't find the item. Its gone??? It was a pretty bad !@# ring.....totally missing from me stash. Anyone else had this issue?profssrfink1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Rerunning the Skeleton King Perhaps a stupid query, but if I want to rerun the Skeleton King, how do I do it? This is in the full game, not the Starter Edition. If I click on "Change Quest" in the character select area, it warns me "Saving a game with a new quest will overwrite your currently saved progress." As I'm past the SK a bit, I'd rather not do this as I don't really understand the implications of it. If I resume quest, and enter the Desolate Chamber WP, I can't seem to get him to spawn, even backtracking all the way to his sword. I'll try entering from the Royal Crypts to see if it fixes the issue. And as to why, I like to take my time and level Smithing / find items / etc.Wulfgang5 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Silmak the Fence has no more socketed Amulets Whats up with this? Another reason for us to use the real money Ah Bliz?shark00076 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 "find like items" the ah really needs a utility to select an item in your stash and search the AH for items with similar stats. scrolling through to find prices takes longer than finding the gear in the first place...AangTheNomad3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 My MF/GF Swapping Idea This idea just came to me, so it may be a bit rough around the edges, but I think it addresses several issues, while having very little downside. That is to say that right now as I am thinking of the idea, I cant think of any reason why its not a good idea, but I will let yall be the judge... I will start off by saying that I do not like the idea of swapping out gear just before something dies to increase your MF/GF chances. That is why I have spent quite a bit of gold getting gear with good stats and +MF already on it. I run with ~150 MF / ~225 with NV. Blizzard has already stated that they also believe it to be an unfun mechanic that they do not want people to feel forced into to get the best loot. So this idea comes from a place of wanting to get rid of the need to MF/GF swap while at the same time not hindering game play and without completely alienating those that have spent quite a bit on MF/GF gear to swap to. So here is the idea. All armor should have a MF/GF affix slot. This would be an empty slot that you could add MF/GF to. In order to add MF/GF to an item with an empty slot, you would take that item along with another item of the same type with the desired stat to the Blacksmith. The Blacksmith would then destroy the item with the desired MF/GF stat and transfer the MF/GF into the empty affix slot for a fee. This would eliminate the need for swapping gear, and it would allow those who have already spent gold on two sets of gear to combine them and not lose out on the gold they spent. It would also supply another gold sink to the game as people would definitely use the service regardless of cost. And it would give value to certain items which currently have no value, those being items with high MF/GF stats and nothing else worth mentioning. These items could then be bought and sold on the AH increasing the amount of gold leaving the economy that way. It would give further functionality to the Blacksmith and introduce an interesting mechanic into the game that could be expanded on if desired. People who complain about MF/GF swapping commonly give the solution to have gear swap remove NV stacks. I dont think this solution should be used as it would affect those that are swapping gear for valid reasons as well as those MF/GF swapping. It would also foster more discontent from certain sections of the playerbase as something else will simply be taken away. Several changes that have occurred for the good of the game have been made in ways that have had detrimental effects on those who werent doing anything wrong. And while the changes were made with good intent, they have also caused a great uneasiness in the playerbase. People have become very aprehensive about what changes may be coming next, and that is not a good thing. The game should be fun and changes made should only serve to increase the amount of fun had for the enjoyment of all. I say it is time to move away from heavy handed corrections. It is time to be creative in trying to find fun solutions to the problems that may arise. It is in this spirit that I present this idea. Thank you.Collide3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Separate mode for non-RMAH players? I see many players, including myself, who do not use the RMAH and feel it adds an negative aspect to the game. Face it, the RMAH does absolutely nothing but make the game feel like full-contact ebay for many of us. I myself refuse to participate in the RMAH. I'm not too fond of the GAH either but I can live with it. I've been playing inferno now for about a week and have found zero items worth using and only a couple that were even worth offering to my friends (which they declined BTW). The cost of repair and decent equipment in the GAH make it nearly impossible to progress. It's quickly reaching the point where it just isn't fun anymore. I'm looking at perhaps another few days of play before I shelf the game. So, my suggestion is this...why not have a game mode that does not include access to the RMAH (and possibly the GAH as well) for those of us who prefer to farm for our own items? Hardcore has a separate gamespace, so it's obviously within the realm of possibility. I'm fairly certain that Blizzard doesn't want to lose such large part of their player base. Thus I'm curious if Blizzard has given any thought to this? A response from a blue would be appreciated.Snakes1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Why Blizzard won't nerf Crit/Crit Dmg. Not nearly as many people would use the RMAH if they did, blizz knows that. Currently, Crit and Crit dmg gear are one of the prime reasons people use the RMAH. So if they nerfed anything like LoH, Crit, Crit Dmg, etc.. They would in-turn just be reducing their own profit by making all of that gear a lot less lucrative to have. They nerfed IAS because it was a simple way people could spend a REASONABLE amount of gold to attain a DPS upgrade. Blizzard had no profit to make from IAS gear, if anything it was cutting down any RMAH profit they could make due to the fact that it was cheap to get (blue +71 Int, 15% IAS rings, etc). So instead of spending the money on the RMAH, people could just throw some gold into that stuff. They say that IAS discouraged from build variety, but that is total BS. IAS allowed you to try crazy builds and do something different. (At a far more reasonable price). The system we have now discourages build variety to a far greater degree then when IAS was in its previous state. Why? Because to have the stats to try something different, you need TONS of $$$. Take for example melee Wizard spec. Is it good? Yes, its amazing. Is it in any way affordable to your "average" player? Nowhere near. You need 1000+ resists, high crit, and high crit damage to be able to even attempt. Now to have any build variety, you have to throw massive amounts of money into the RMAH/GAH to have the crit and crit damage (along with resist gear) to do so. Whats this? Pigeonholing people into having to mass grind and spend $$ in order to try something new? Working as intended for blizzard. Was IAS any more effective then crit + crit damage stacking now? No, not even close. If anything its less powerful. Did IAS bring them in as much profit potential however do to how cheap and realistic it was to attain? Of course not. When you think about it that way, it made complete sense on why they would nerf attack speed: It was cutting down the need to spend money in other, more expensive areas on your gear. Think about it. They have no reason to nerf anything from a sheer economic standpoint. That's why their recent post on saying they are not considering a nerf to Crit/Crit dmg makes complete sense. Welcome to the Diablo 3: Auction House edition folks, where stuff isn't balanced around balance, its balanced around the economy and $$$. Enjoy your stay!Enzyqt27 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 MF Clarity = Farm Warrior's Rest Get those 6 prop rares every 30 sec boysssssGentso0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 No Drops... Why Play? Blizz... just wondering what my incentive to play your game is? I have played 300+ hours and moving towards 400+. I have not found a single item that I can use or would consider an upgrade. I have found 2 items that someone else could use and sold them on the AH for a mil. They were not very good items, so I am actually surprised that I got this much for them. I have never found a legendary, set item, or recipe that was worth crafting... nor have I ever crafted any item worth wearing. I have spent several million crafting items to no avail. I currently have Act2 Inferno on farm and I am trying to develop enough resists to wander into Act3. In act 1 I have 150%+ MF. So what gives? Why play if I am not getting any drops? The only thing I haven't done is beat Diablo in Inferno...GrStaKa11 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Okay, il give diablo 3 another chance Il admit I stopped playing the game for about a month and i suddenly got the urge to play again. I may not be happy with all the new changes such as... Removing talent placement Needing a constant online connection Laaaaaaagggggg (hence online connection hatred) Corny story line But after a talk with my buddy whom has been best bud and brother diablo Die hard fan since diablo 1. I've decided to give the game another chance. Way I see it the online thing reduces hacking and I can't loose my characters when something bad happens to my pc (which something did) the lag is annoying but I can put up with it as I do with other games like call of duty and others. Removal of the talent tree I will probably never get over but I guess this prevent new players from making dumb choices and gives the dev's an easier time to balance the game which I've seen the improvements on their Facebook page (although I don't always agree with them, but they are giving an effort) I I guess with gear I can still make my character a boss. As for the story line, as much as I hated hearing azmodan saying over and over "it does not matter I will still defeat you" every time I get closer and closer to him to deliver the smack down to finally shut him up, once I play through the story it doesn't matter, because all I'm doing afterword is playing through it again, skipping through the story doing some looting and selling my stuff to get better gear. And once pvp comes out there will be even more to do after the story. Plus il be playing with my buddy who convinced me that the game is still fun even after the changesFreakshow7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Help!! I purchased some gold yesterday afternoon, the sale went through, the money was removed from my debit card, yet still no gold. It shows in my auction logs that the sale was completed, the email reads it will be under completed so i can claim it. No response to my other multiple emails, and still no gold. Iso some helpDeathlink9150 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Magic Find With the recent updates to the game guide, which do you think is better? Farming act 2 inferno with high MF Farming act 3 inferno with low MFMalkavian3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Wow- THANKS ALOT You made the original creators and producers of blizzard insanely rich and now a bunch of scrubs are ruining your name. Enjoy your appletini on your yacht ............................................ poopfulfilltd0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Gear swapping issues Let me start by saying, I have a LoH hizzie for reflect dmg mobs and last night I noticed that when right clicking to switch from my main to my hizzie that my main weapon would auto swap back. Sometimes it would take a couple swaps before it would stick with my hizzie. Curious if anyone else is seeing this same behavior.Tibal0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Dev reaction to Diablo being female part 2. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037267280?page=26#new-post ... Yeah but I'm pretty sure they haven't done a gender change on any of the franchise game main characters. The gender change would be comparative to making Ragnaros go from his currently manly voice, and design into a much thinner frame with a femine wiggle and femine voice. And to top it off, the explanation for the change was only "uhhh someone suggested it and we just decided to go with it" Edit; all right they'll leave the voice alone, but they're doing everything else.Beldin0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Wall Street - the game "D2 compared to D3"... "In D2.." "Gear in D2.." You see these comments a lot now a days. Comparing old faithful to the new shiny toy. The ultimate cool gear finding, hell demon killing, 4 acts of chasing/running away one could ever hope for. Everyone wanted a new one, but didn't expect it to be NEW. To me, Diablo 3 is nothing more than the shell of it's predecessors. Wrapped up in a familiar story lacking the uniqueness we have come to expect/admire of this franchise and of Blizzard. It's new feature though, the real money auction house, causes many problems. It shackles you to; 1.) Instead of everything else the game has to offer... you have to design the whole thing around keeping the RMAH in check. You've made your game to where it HAS to be economically sound above everthing else. 2.) having to play online (can't let ppl play offline. Anyone could get items easily. Jamarra's Trainer anyone?) 3.) You have to keep only a certain percentage of players able to consistantly farm where you have a higher probability for legendary, lvl 63, or set items. (the constant complaints about inferno) 4.) You have to have less of a fixed stat itemization on loot. (ie., Wizard only helmet that has str and a monk only ability tied to it. Raises the value on truly class specific items) 5.) Characters can't have to much of a variety to their abilities. Harder to predict what class "A" could achieve with build "1002". Lesser variety = more control on farming the goods. 6 - ?.) you fill in the blanks. the problems arising from these. 1.) instead of designing around the RMAH their could have been more time spent on mechanics, lvls, quests, progression, true itemization, etc.. 2.) personally, i liked having the ability to skip straight to the end game and steam rolling stuff just to see all the cool looking items i had missed with my actual character. (I still compare the way items look, on all games, to the awesomness of Diablo 1. They truly had a style to them) 3.) Everyone wants to make money. Give the option and the eyes get big. It's also a game... and right now getting gear suitable to beat the game is FAR easier said than done. Which again, makes the RMAH more viable. Forcing you to buy the gear you need to advance, or getting killed every couple minutes till you MIGHT get something worth while to drop. Causing a paradox for someone who just wants to have fun playing a game. 4.) It's... i'll say frustrating... to put time in ( a huge amount of time) and come away with what was excitingly orange, yellow, at first to "i might as well vendor it" junk. D2 had the same problem. Not nearly as bad, but than again... i didn't care. I was merely playing a game. Not scroll of identifying a potential profit. 5.) The abilities are extremely limited and almost generic. In other words, you've told me what my character is and how he'll play. Completely removing a key aspect of the Diablo series... choice. it all boils down to this. The game is designed around the use of the RMAH. For those who simply want to finish the game... Their's 3 options; 1.) quit and hope something changes 2.) spend money 3.) constantly farm easier areas, over and over, to get better gear. Putting an emense amount of time in a zone/s that you've all ready put time in on normal, nightmare, and hell. Just to advance to another lvl u've seen in normal, nightmare, and hell. (It's not so much the maps or the mobs... it's having to hear the SAME speach over and over and over and over to get to the next part. I wanna spend my time finding awesome looking gear that helps me laser pew pew the legions of hell better. Not hitting space bar through a speach i've heard 100 times.) Maybe this is the future of gaming. Maybe in the future the mechanics of it all will be more fine tuned. Maybe we'll have more of a choice. Whatever it may be, please.... no. Leave this sort of virtual item buying where it belongs! iTunes. I've played Diablo since Wart was a kid who sold items and opening the door to the Butcher meant you were probably going to be chased all around the cathedral. I love this game. I'll still play this game. However, i'd rather play the original 2 that offer me more of a choice. Fuzzy graphics and all.Davem1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Found an orange 1H mace last night. Was Awesome, stat rolls were insane for a monk dex,vit,Loh,50res all,49%crit..... 299DPS :( Also found a veil peircer, stat rolls were awesome for WD, but again 300DPS :(Chrispy7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Did i miss something? So this weeks Scheduled Maintenance was done on 10 July 12. So what was the Scheduled maintenance for 12 July 12 for? Any ideas?VictoryLaw6 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 is anything randomized at all? same layout so i played through some areas a lot of times now and i couldnt see any randomization at all, the exits were always the same and the layouts werent different either? very bad, not better even worse than D2 :(Caine3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Quick 'n easy loot improvement Just double it! Really. Do not change anything else. More items per timeframe = better chance of good items per run. Currently, a lot of monsters aren't dropping anything. Monster density isn't great either. So just double it! Or even better: double it by four! :`) That's it for today.Sjippie1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Maintenance 3 days out of 4 is unacceptable. I will start off by saying that I am loving this game, and, while there are certain things I'd love to see tweaked, I am not one of the angry horde who enjoys bashing this game more than playing it, and seems to be the vast majority of this forum. No, this post is not about that. This is about the fact that for the last 3 days out of 4 there has been maintenance. "Who cares?" you may say. "What loser of a rabid fan plays everyday in the wee hours of the night?" you may ask. Not me, because I happen to live overseas, where these maintenance periods occur right in the prime of my precious spare time. Lately I often come home, eat dinner, do some errands, deal with the cornucopia of little nuisances that life throws our way, and finally go log on Diablo3 to enjoy some quality gaming, only to be confronted with the blue error message of "go away kid, ya bother me." Most of the time there isn't even a tool-tip, and the server status page hasn't been properly updated to boot. For the love of Deckard Cain, I have to go to the forum cellar here to check to make sure everything is working properly. To put it politely, it is extremely frustrating. With that said, while my nerd frustration must be delicious and will likely serve as food for all manner of trolls, the heart of this matter isn't about that either. The crux of the matter is that this is an online-only game. It cannot be played offline. I, along with most reasonable people, would gladly play offline without nary a peep of complaint during these long outages, but unfortunately that is impossible. It cannot be done. What it boils down to is that I can't play a product that I have paid good money for. You know what? My wii doesn't do that. My PS3 doesn't do that. My girlfriend doesn't do that. But I digress.... I mean, don't get me wrong, a maintenance every now and then to fix and improve the game is fine. I am anticipating great things from future patches. Even a maintenance period two days a week would be bearable. But 3 days out of 4, with a log-in failure the day before that? ...That just screams shoddy work. It is simply unacceptable from a company with such high standards as Blizzard. Seriously, what the hell is going on over there? In the end, I love and am probably addicted to this game, but I will be playing under protest, so to speak. Thank you for your time. [TLDR] - This thread is a polite complaint for those concerned with the inherent dilemmas involving online-only gaming, especially for those whose time zones do not cohere with the status quo. Derp.[/TLDR]Autolycus18 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Bloomberg article on Activision's sale http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-13/vivendi-s-search-for-activision-suitors-off-to-slow-start.html People have been bringing up Vivendi selling Activision; thought I'd share an article I stumbled across today on Bloomberg. Draw whatever conclusions you want from it.Tightsqueeze1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 I believe this is relevant again (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻Neokon8 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Shouldn't a game entertain than frustrate? Instead of watching players beat the game through minor and acquired status (loh/IAS/critproc), why didn't they enrich the game so more players can enjoy this game better ? Diablo had a legacy, they shouldnt steer the game so much towards profits longevity. They have hurt the support tremendously judging from this forum alone. Have you seen a forum with so much constant rants about the game ? In other games, players share positive game experience like unique weapons/ impressive builds / achievements.Poppocud4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Hello Fellows over the pond. We over in the EU are having huge issues with people scamming and using scripts to steal items and gold from people, now over on our side getting a response from a mod is like using chocolate as a fire guard (it just doesn't work). So I thought I'd show you guys what's going on with a Danish fellow over in the EU and after reading up maybe you can add something to the post or maybe even a mod will see it. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4941344586?page=1 It's like 18 pages long in only a few hours this guys is hated big time. Blizzard need to take action and now.Fean7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 FIX INVISIBLE DRAGON A3 is this blizzard trolling us?? invisible dragons ftw.Trilla5 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 GOLD SPAMMERS !@#$ you Blizzard.Turboscooter1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Thank you diablo3 was awesome Now it's time to move on. Wow patch is comming pritty soon so I'm getting ready to prepare for it. I miss good old raids and high rated fast phased arena pvp. Playing diablo3 which was horrible and boring experience which made me miss wow. 6 keybinds will raise to 50. This game defienetly made me mentally retarded but hopefully I can raise my skill up again.Deadcorpse9 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Blues: Auction Bots I think we need some kind of captcha when you enter a bid to stop the botting, it's really out of hand. You're not going to be able to get warden to really pick up on it, so the only way to actually defeat it is a manual random entry confirmation type thing. I'd love to play the game normal without feeling like I need to get a bot myself just to compete.Devil18 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 People who hate d3 are vocal minority. People who hated d2 and made blizzard change it into d3 are vocal majority. Blizzards thinking i guess. Most of the terrible changes made to d3 came from complaints about d2... From the vocal minority.. Now d3 was built on those ideas, and people who dislike the changes are considered the vocal minority.. Double standard on blizzards part.Plaguefear35 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Uh, Armory Pages? So how "soon after release" is "soon" to put armory pages up for players? Seems like the kind of thing that would come quickly after the game is out. Game is awful btw.Flummox2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Mentainance again? for 4 hours? Seriously? wtf? this is worst than private servers!Nocturnal61 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 RMAH Gold Price Issue So my buddy wanted to buy gold from the RMAH, and the price listed was .30/100k, I told him I would list some on there for .25/100k (I listed 75 million total) and he could buy it up if he wanted. He went to purchase over 2 hours after I listed the gold and it charged him .30/100k why is this? Its been over 12 hours since I listed my gold and I STILL have no sales for it. He was also not refunded for the price .05/100k price difference. Any insight into how this RMAH gold sales work would be appreciated, as I feel someone is getting ripped off here...Sarvis4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 DLC and storyline continuations Hello all. I've read a few threads where the OP spoke of DLC and got trolled almost immediately because people don't want to pay furthur for the game, perhaps, or think it will be an excuse to add more maintenance time for Blizzard. Heh. The reality if that Blizzard will have expansions, and they will be in the form of DLC. Like it or not, it's the way the gaming industry is moving. They may be offered in hardcopy format as well, but DLC is here to stay. That said, does anyone have ideas as to what the DLCs will be? I have a storyline thoughts. ~Covetous Shen - Is he a god? What about this stone that he's searching for? Frankly, he's my favorite NPC, and I'm entertained just by talking to him. I want more. ~Enchantress - Where is the Prophet? Where are her sisters? What actually happened? ~Templar - What's the story behind the Templar order? Why the lies and coverups? ~Scoundrel - Is his brother ever getting out of jail? Will he ever find love or at least get over his brother's wife? I think that each of these will be separate DLC, or mini expansions, and with each the cap will be raised 10 levels. So that would bring us to 100. Thoughts or ideas?Nekovivie0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 The story of blizz and his best friend!! Hi there my name is blizz and i have a best vriend ever:) I want you to meet someone. Ladies and gentlemen i give u my best friend Mr:blackmarket. Me and Mr. b came one month after the game was released. with a successful idea!! Its called Blizzard sweatshop:) Let us create a RMAH so that we can earn more money. and that's not all we also want u to work for us:) Isn't that great:) yeah this is the real deal. This is how it works!! It still gets better. In a stroke of genius, Blizzard set a minimum price of $2.5 per 1 million gold. To put this into perspective, you can farm around 500,000 gold per hour; so, before Blizztax, you can earn $1.25/hour. This stops inflation, which slowly decreases the value of gold. This also provides a very solid stopgap for item pricing: If an item costs 1 million gold on the gold auction house, then $2.50 is a good starting point on the RMAH. Then, of course, there are bots. Bots are software programs that automatically gather gold. Almost every online game, including Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft, is plagued by bots. Usually these bots are run by gold farmers: You buy 10 (or 100, or 1000) copies of D3, and then just leave the bots to farm gold. Each bot can earn $1.25 per hour. This is significantly higher than the minimum wage in most non-Western countries. Alternatively, you replace bots with low-wage Asian (usually Chinese) workers. In other games, where black market trade is rife, bots are obviously frowned upon. In D3, where there’s a minimum price for gold — where Blizzard always gets at least 15% of every transaction — bots don’t matter. They can’t ruin the economy — they just stand to make Blizzard more money. The best bit, with regard to bots and gold farmers, is that they’ve known from the start that the RMAH would come — and so they’ve saved up billions of gold and awesome magic items for one truly epic payday. Blizzard even gets its pound of flesh from quitters: If you quit, of course you’re going to sell all of your items on the RMAH. Furthermore, Blizzard has said that, in the future, you’ll be able to sell entire characters on the RMAH. CEO Activision Blizzard, Bobby Kotick, diving into his hoard of Diablo 3 gold There’s no escaping the Blizzard sweatshop. In some ways, I guess, it’s also like a casino, where Blizzard takes an insanely large cut of the pot. Can you imagine if a casino tried to levy a 15%+ tax on your winnings? Oh, and talking of taxes, don’t forget you also need to pay income tax on any money you withdraw to PayPal. Finally, just to tip you over the edge, think about this: What if Blizzard itself started selling gold and items on the RMAH? The FAQ states that “at this time” Blizzard doesn’t do this — but in the future, who knows? The Diablo 3 auction house is anonymous — the seller is never listed — and so Blizzard could easily sell gold and items without anyone noticing. What if Blizzard decided to sell special items on the RMAH? Uber-fans of games and franchises will pay almost anything for unique or exclusive items. To be honest, this entire scheme of turning players into workers is brilliant — at least from the point of view of Activision Blizzard’s shareholders, anyway. I wish I’d thought of it. The RMAH stands to earn the company billions of dollars. Heck, at $1.25/hour, it could even elevate entire swathes of China and other developing countries out of poverty. Unfortunately, Blizzard seems to have forgotten the most vital variable when designing the RMAH: The players. If everyone logs in for the sole reason of finding and selling magic items, who will buy them? For Diablo 3 to succeed, it needs a critical mass of players who want to spend hundreds of dollars on gold and items. For this to occur, the game itself has to be worth playing. When players realize that the end-game is awful and merely designed to feed the RMAH, they will leave the game in droves and Diablo 3 will die. PS (This game is not meant for fun only for business) greetings from Blizz and Mr. B.Spacekees1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 blizzard accepting SNAP???!!! I heard blizzard is exchanging 2 blizzard dollars for 1 SNAP dollar in the upcoming patch???!!! Is this true, any blues confirming this?Trilla0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 sick of buying on ah I'm sick of working the ah just as much as I play the game!! Unfortunately it's the only place to find an item I can use though. I haven't found a single upgrade item post-patch. Still haven't found a set item.. NOT ONE since release and I have a lot of time logged.Trilla8 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Items & Equipment - Game Guide - o.O ... I honestly don't know how to respond to this.. are we playing the same game?Durentis10 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 For those who still plays, PAY ATTENTION to this ... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-findDoomBringer13 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Do you think blizzard plays their own games? honest question. I know they have jobs and families but lets say...5-10 hours a week minimum.Zbik7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Please communicate with your server teams :( Look, I'm not going to complain about the downtime, even if it is the fourth (or is it fifth) time this week. That part really isn't bothersome since I have an unfinished playthrough in FFV-J/SNES I get to enjoy (nostalgia FTW). What I am getting tired of though, is this: 4:45 AM: System will shut down in 15 minutes. 4:45 AM: You have been disconnected from the game. 4:45 AM: Unable to create game (Error: 300008) Repeat that last line ad nauseum and you have what's pissing me (and likely many others) off. Your server team isn't shutting the system down "in 15 mintues", they're shutting down the game servers right when they post that message. This is beginning to border on infuriatingly asinine. I was in a nice Warden run (Butcher's too annoying with a Caltrops build) and was about to head to him with my NV5, and then I saw the system message. And then I was booted unceremoniously. If you're going to tell us that the system will go down at 5 AM, will you please get it through the server teams' thick skulls that does not mean giving us a fifteen minute warning message and then booting us that very instant. I never saw this on the WoW side, but damned if I don't see it every single time there's a maintenance, scheduled or otherwise for D3. You really need to get that right hand off your crotches, go wash it, and introduce it to the left hand again. Between this recurring action and the "ninja" changes to the stated maintenance time slots (6 AM to 10 AM on the last maintenance somehow became 5 AM to 10 AM while I was playing and there was no notice of the change at all on the login screen), your service status post credibility is pretty much shot to zero. It's pretty crappy when you can't even get your teams to communicate with each other and/or actually abide by the times they've posted in regard to actions they will be taking with the game. It's equally sad that we can't believe a word you say when it comes to maintenance anymore because of these things. Hey, I know the Blizzard folks probably hate me on a personal level, but do you really hate your players as a whole so much that you can't even be honest with simple actions such as maintenance times?TheTias2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 More maintenance. Whatever hurry it up blizz I'm guessing its due to the real auction house. Which I must say sucksfulfilltd2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Any Mathmaticians Out There? Has anyone actually took the time to calculate what the odds are to actually get a good drop for inferno? I am not smart enough to do all the exact probabilities here, but base on these variables...... a.) there are 13 possibilites for different level drops for Gear inferno(level 51-63) b.) Then you have a certain percentage to have one of drops be....... 1.) Non Magical 2.) magic(Blue) 3.) rare 4.) Legendary. I do not know what the percentages are, I know they have been posted so I am gonna regurgitate them.....they are low. c.) Then if you get a rare or legendary you have up to 6 attributes tied to those d.) Out of those attributes the probability of getting higher enough states for each attribute Not sure what the range is for everything. But literally thousands. e.) Lastly, if the Attributes match what you actually need. WHAT A JOKE! Basically to get something you can use at the highest levels of Inferno you I would say the possibilities of you getting something you can use is literally 1 in million if not higher. In fact..............if you played legit and never wanted to use the AH I it would take more than a life time in order to get gear to get a guy with like 70k dps. BLIZZARD FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST...........FIX THE DROP RATES! ITS EMBARRASING TO YOU AS A COMPANY AND IS INSULTING TO ANY LEVEL HEADED PLAYER!. WHAT A DEMORALIZING PART OF YOUR GAME. MAJOR FACE PALM. P.S. For all those wanna be hardcore guys who spout off.......you expect things to just fall from the sky so you can have ultra power in a couple months. NO I dont. But at least the possibility to do within a reasonable amount of time. Not a life time.RedBull46 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 NEED REAL FAST ANSWER. How do you report that a friend of yours is being hacked. I mean I see it happening right now.JoKeR23 Jul 13, 2012