General Discussion

Jul 15, 2012 disappointed after inferno diablo kill I recently cleared act 1,2,3,4 and killed Diablo in inferno. I'm posting this for the frustrated players working on the same goal who feel like they are swimming upstream. You don't have to be stuck in act 2 to be frustrated. The whole time I cleared the content I was baffled by the absolutely terrible quality of drops I was getting. Nothing remotely close to being equip worthy on my wizard. Yes I have farmed early acts a ton. What got me to Diablo was persistence and getting the most out of bad gear. And a gimmicky spec. All my gear came from the AH but not for lack of trying. The process of trying to farm gear turned into a mundane routine of trying to earn gold to buy gear from AH. It wasn't and isn't even remotely fun. I would have preferred to earn drops I could use. My biggest disappointment was when I finally got to act 3. I realized the drops there were terrible too. Apparently this wasn't always the case? So what do I have now after killing Diablo? I'm still in pretty bad gear. I want to farm to improve my gear but every time I spent a couple of hours doing this I just end up swimming in 400 dps weapons, and wizard offhands with strength. Gear without vitality, or any of the stats anybody could possibly want to make an act3/4 champion pack not destroy you in 3 seconds. Repairs are expensive. Drops are horrible. Not really sure what's next. I check the forums every day looking for some sign of acknowledgement that effort and reward are out of balance. At this point I see the state of the game as this. Diablo is Blizzard's baby. Everyone is telling Blizz their baby is ugly. And no parent in their right mind would even offer up a response to this accusation. They'd rather whisk the baby away and discuss it in private with people who also love the baby. So let me put it another way. Your baby isn't ugly. It is beautiful. And I'd very much like to spend more time with it. But please.. for the love of god... please give it a bath, give it a fresh diaper, and eventually.. when it gets older.. teach it not to crap all over everybody all the time. I would very much like to see it grow up.Smacken13 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 health bars above pets- great idea for patch i just want to make the suggestion that there should be an option for viewing pets' health bars over them. it's extremely important to see other players' health bars and enemies health bars (necessary imho) for healing and targeting purposes, and this should apply to pets' health bars as well. specifically, the zombie dogs for the witch doctor class can die very quickly and so in order to use these correctly, one needs to keep an eye on their health at all times. staring at the health bars in the top left hand corner while also keeping an eye on your own health bar in the bottom center of the screen is both difficult and distracting when fighting high-level mobs. i also feel there should be an option to see one's own character's health bar above them as well, although this is not quite as important to me, since the health bar in the HUD is more easily visible. anyone who agrees with me please bump this thread and like this post so that it will be seen by blizzard staff.h07cAr16 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Looking for gears In particular, Anti-backlash spur gears with a diametrical pitch of 24 with a clamp hub, helical springs and a pitch diameter of 1.7500"ceph0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 The thing i hate the most about diablo 3 Seeing the poor angels impaled in act 4 It hurts my heart. Poor angeliesMikiel1 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 they never explained how mf works when you have 5 stacks of nv even with 0% base mf, I've found decent amount of 6-stat ilvl 62 and 63 rares maybe I was just getting lucky but I think there's much more to 5 stacks of nv than simply getting a guaranteed rare when you kill an elite and 75% mf bonusJDoc0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 DIABLO 3 Needs A More Secure Trade Window The current trade window, allows scammers to take your items within a heartbeat, What it needs is a more secure feature to it. Why not add a section on the bottom that says " In Return" which means in return you should receive "blank amount of gold" and a "drop box" which will sync with the items up for trade. Say I am paying 10 million for a Revenant Bow, on my side of the trade window i post 10 million gold, on his end he put the revenant bow, then on my "drop box" , i click it and it says( "all", or a "specific" item), i click on the (all, or revenant bow), which be listed because the other person put the revenant bow for trade, then the other person would put in his "in return" section, 10 million gold. Then you both press accept, and you get the most SECURE TRADE ever. Its that easy. Please Like and Give a Sticky to get attention for a possible, but very need change.ROYALEMAN49 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Starter gear and AH prices Just to clarify...and kind of embarrassed to admit, but I started a new Barb after my level 60 Dh and Wizard. I thought I would buy some upgraded starter gear around level 10-12 from AH. I didn't intend to buy much...just a few item upgrades. I am fully aware you dont need to do this because you can level without them. But hey, making it go a little faster would help. I scrolled through items and became increasingly dismayed at all the pages of gear with just "bid" and no buyout...or the ones for 100k buyouts. Why not price things for a few hundred or thousand...have that be a buyout and sell the gear instantly? I realize some people will bid and wait 24+hours for a piece but when you can level so quickly, it becomes a joke. This is not bashing the people who list or bid on the items..but you can sell low level gear quickly with a simple buyout at a reasonable and fair price.mjg1155 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 In Response to "Jesus" Being a Banned Name http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw#at=1m12sAmyWinehouse1 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 NV should also increase dmg done By 5% PER STACK. Because not everybody has a barbarian to farm.KopaKabana1 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Life on Hit and Attack Speed? I got a simple question for the experienced Diablo 3 players; Does Life on Hit increase/decrease based on your weapon's attack speed, or is it always the same regardless of weapon speed? I am looking for a new set of weapons for my characters (Hell levels) and i wanna make sure i get a good amount of Life on Hit stat since i mostly do public multi-player games (where monsters are really tough). However, if Life on Hit is the same regardless of your weapon's attack speed, then getting 2 weapons with maximum attack speed seems the most suitable for using Life on Hit stat?Bogdanov892 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 IS anyone actually selling anything on RMAH? Commodities I mean. Just curious... Whats the average wait time for your gold to sell? How much bulk are the stacks you list? Does that matter? Have you sold Anything other than gold, e.g. Gems, plans, mats?BadGrahmmer25 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Some suggestions on how to improve "End Game" I wanted to discuss some of the things that are currently making Diablo III's endgame boring, some things that were done in the past with Diablo II, and some suggestions for the future. Most people can't argue that Diablo III is not a good game, even if you are at the point that I am and getting bored with the game, with over 400 hours of game play, I got my money's worth. However there are a few things I'd like to point out, compare, and suggest for possible "time sinks" in the future of Diablo III gameplay. One thing I've been discussing with my guild mates lately is the fact that, yes farming items is the end game, but comparatively to Diablo II, there are very few types of items to farm. Let's take a look at some of the things Diablo II that you found yourself farming for: Rare Items Unique Items Gems Runes Charms Jewels Socketed Normal Armor (for runewords) Levels I'm sure there are a few more, but those are the prominent ones that stand out to me. Now lets take a look at what you farm for in the end game of Diablo III: Rare Items Legendary/Set Items (majority are bad, fix coming in 104 got it) Gems (only drop Flawless Square) Gold? At least for me, running Act 3 on my barb, averaging 30 minutes for a run from Siege Breaker up, all I'm really getting are rare items, a legendary maybe once a week, or a few in a row with a dry spell. All that I'm focusing on is just getting that next drop to either, use (very hard to find usable items), or sell on the AH, in order to buy upgrades. I personally do not bother picking up Tomes of Secret, Gems, Rare Armor/Jewelry below 61, Weapons under ilvl 63 (some exceptions). The thing that I felt Diablo II had over Diablo III at this point is the amount of different things you could get in a run, or drops you would farm. Diablo III feels like it's just rare items for most, and beyond that, everything else is vendor trash, or not even worth picking up (that's where I'm at). So I compiled a list of suggestions that I feel would help out the end game of Diablo III. Allow weapons of lower than ilvl 63 role comparable. Items below ilvl 63 for armors can still roll comparable to ilvl 63 armors. Add some additional affixes, interesting ones. Right now, if the weapon roles the appropriate DPS, there are only a handful of affixes people look for, life on hit, crit hit dmg, socket. Life steal is also there, but generally not a top choice, due to it's great diminishing returns. +dmg to skills and bonus vs elites for example are so rare and don't reflect that pretty number under your character score sheet, so people shy away from it. There should be a way for a weapons that don't roll super high dps to be viable in other ways besides damage, creating build diversity, and character diversity. Crit hit dmg has sort of done this, an 850 dps weapon with crit dmg and a socket can be higher damage than a 1100 dps weapon with just crit dmg, this is good. 2h weapons for everyone but demon hunters need to be fixed. The only reason they have retained a following with demon hunters is because of quivers. 2 one hand weapons will almost always be superior, while being more expensive, once you have them, there is no 2h that will ever compare besides rolling absolute perfect stats, and even then, I've compared 2h's with 190 crit dmg and 1300 dps and they are still about 10k dps below my setup. Create something else to farm for besides gear. With no increasing of levels, gems only dropping at quality of 5, patterns extremely rare (and they should be), the grind becomes just gear, nothing else. As explained above, there should be other items that can drop that will make runs not completely useless if you didn't get a good roll on an ilvl 63 item. Other forms of character progression would be nice, but I don't expect to see anything resembling this for awhile. Create very rare patterns that let you craft ilvl 63 items, for a huge cost. Being at the point of the game I currently am, I sometimes enjoy going and spending 20 mil or more on just crafting a bunch of 6 property items, as it's something different. I would be more than willing if I had ilvl 63 plans, that cost even 3x the amount to craft as ilvl 62, to blow even more gold at a chance of finding an upgrade or making some good money on the AH. These patterns could also use more tears than ilvl 62, so we could fix the market on those, and create a larger market for exquisite essences, which are plummeting terribly. Allow item comparison on the AH. I'm sure this has been brought up numerous times, but it's in game, why not the AH. This will help people actually make intelligent upgrades, without having to resort to a spread sheet. It will also stop, or help stop, people from overpricing items that are very bad, because players would see that it's not an upgrade. Allow me to keep my search statistics when I switch auction houses. This would make it easier to compare the items I am wanting to buy to see which is the better deal. Allow more search functions. This has been discussed numerous times before, but hopefully, with new affixes in the future, and most players becoming very specific about their gear, this would help single out the exact items they are looking for. I understand the issues this can cause with AH bots, being able to be even more precise, but lets take a look at gloves and belts. Belts really only have 3 things (most) people are looking for, primary stats, vitality, all resist. Easy to search for and corner the market, whereas gloves have up to 5 or more stats you are looking for and become extremely difficult to find at times. Add additional "special" attributes that can spawn on items like belts, boots, bracers. So belts have life steal, which is barb only, boots have movespeed, and bracers I guess you could argue have crit or reduction from melee/ranged attacks. It would be nice to see something special that slots like these could obtain. Shoulders is a good example as well, they have absolutely nothing special for them besides stats. More class specific affixes on items, and buffs to some of the current ones. Example, barbs get life steal on belts, but this also spawns on weapons, and can be used by other classes. Whereas monks get life per spirit spent, which can only be used by them. The IK set bonus has life per fury spent, but it's extremely low and worthless (I know they are updating legendaries) Allow ilvl 63 legendaries. Unless some of the affixes that are being worked out on them are extremely good, or not very transparent, they will, at least for weapons still probably be overlooked. +% dmg against elites, or +% dmg to certain skills don't mean too much for players. Even Band of Hierophant has +dmg to demons, but really doesn't mean much when it's difficult to compare. This takes me to my next suggestion, allow the "average" dmg done by abilities available on the tooltips, as well, the average damage done to certain types of monsters when you have the +% dmg modifiers. Even if you don't put it exactly on the tooltip, even somewhere in the character pain would be nice, so I could judge how I'm improving and in what areas. Add some sort of mailing system. With already having one in WoW, I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult to add this into Diablo III, I could be wrong though. At times though I wish I could just mail stuff to my guild mates instead of having to make sure I'm online at the same time as them. Add a guild system. I read in a post on the Starcraft 2 forums a month or so ago from a Blue, stating they were working on architecture for guilds on battle.net for Starcraft 2, I would be really excited to see this being able to be transitioned into Diablo III. Most players are starting to dislike playing solo, and the ones that play with a group are starting to get pretty large friends lists. While the update to the friends list was awesome, a better way of managing this in the future would be nice. Allow players to sell UNID items in the AH. There is already a huge market on these, and would add something new to players. Albeit it might take away from some of the actual trading that's taking place in the Trade chat, most would argue that the chat rooms are poorly designed at this point and with spamming bots, can be difficult at times to try to sell anything. Fix act 4 setup and elite packs. At this point, there is absolutely no point to farm Act 4. There are considerably less elite packs, less "bosses" to kill that are effected by nephalem valor and way shorter. I mean why isn't Izual considered a mini boss common :P Allow additional ways that promote either solo or grouped play. I love nephalem valor and I'm very happy you added 2 guaranteed rares off of bosses back. I however would like some sort of bonus for continued play over extended periods of time, or some time of bonus for playing in a group. Right now, even though I still play with my guild members, they sit in town until I call for elite packs because it's just faster to run through myself (I anticipate a nerf to Into the Fray for Battle Shout because it's super powerful). Maybe if all members achieve 5 stacks of nephalem value, it turns into a group nephalem valor that offers a little more incentive for the increased clear times it takes. Allow a progression system that would allow us to take a follower into a group game, increasing the novelty of gearing them out even more. Buff the Scoundrel and Templar. Compared to the % increases that the Enchantress gives, they don't even compare. Add a feature that would allow you to take white ilvl gear, whether it's only 61 and up or what have you, and pay a price with the black smith allowing you to have a chance to turn it into a rare or magic item. Allow 5 stacks of nephalem valor to drop a guaranteed rare out of chests, maybe 2 for rep chests. Give a chance for higher level gems to drop off of bosses with 5 stack nephalem valor. Put a cap on who can join what Acts of inferno based upon gear, add better working controls to get rid of trolls and afks, and put possible restrictions from joining multiple public games (through the queue system of course) within a certain period of time. I rarely play in public games, I have a guild, so I just play with them. However when I do, it's almost always riddled with undergeared, afk, chain deaths, random quitting players. I'm sure some players have a better experience with this than me, but honestly, once I hit inferno with any of my characters, it's solo or guild play from there. Maybe even add (since you can't make games with titles like Diablo II, so it would be hard to abuse) incentives for playing in public games, like more dmg, or monsters have lower hp. Allow me to pay a fee to cancel an item early in the AH. Create more gold sinks, please we need them badly! With no form of ladder, gold amount only goes up, and value goes down, skyrocketing the best items even higher, making it even harder for players to ever get them, especially new players. With more consistent gold sinks, and I'm not talking repair bills, it would hopefully get rid of a lot of gold in the economy and help stabilize prices for good items. That's about all I can think of for now. Any comments or suggestions are welcome and I hope you enjoy the read!zeroskillz4 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Resplendent Chests are useless Why are they even in the game anymore they are a complete waste of time opening, and also add more champion packs they have removed so many of them but yet they want us to kill them to get the best loot. Why are they doing this?Nido25 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Gold farmers, help me get levels (i will pay) Hello, if u gold farm ACT3 nightmare difficulty (which gives u around 300k / hour), i offer another gold if u allow to join me your game and let me powerlevel with u. I already have 2 60s characters, farming my 3rd one and runing the same content 9x is boring as <insert cursed word here>. Im currently 34th, if u help me fastexp to 40,50?,60? i would pay for it with nice amout of gold. Waiting for reply... PS: Blizzard, since every naked 60th char has the SAME stats, why dont u allow to create another 60char instantly, maybe with payment of 5M gold or something? (only allowed when player currently have at least one maxed character). Or when player defeats inferno? Do u really think that player who has over 250hours played NEEEDS to run the same content again and again to make another character?Bash0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 SO unbelievably done with these droprates. So I have 3 lvl 60's. A lvl 60 WD, a lvl 60 DH, and a lvl 60 Barb. I made my WD just as my first guy to get to 60 to play the game, and it was great. got all the way to lvl 60, logged 62 hours and all, and didnt find a legendary, or set item. Then, I went and farmed for another 30 hours. I run through act 1 killing each and every elite, and then warden and butcher, taking about an hour and a half or so per run. Still no legendaries after 30+ hours of farming. Then, I thought to myself, well maybe its taking too long to clear it, So I made a DH to clear it faster. Same thing, spent 30 or so hours getting to 60, then 15 hours farming same run, still no legendaries, set items, and quite frankly not ONE single level 63 rare item. THEN I proceeded to go and make a barbarian, same thing as my DH, I leveled him as fast as possible, then now have been farming for 32 hours. STILL not ONE legendary, not ONE set item, and only 2 level 63 rares. I seem to find this ridiculous as i have 208% mf switch, without ANY nv stacks. Then killing each and every elite and warden, and butcher, and have yet to find ONE SINGLE legendary, set item, and only 2 lvl 63 rares. I feel this this is absolutely crazy, considering i know people that farm with little to no mf and have found 10 or so. * I have also tried farming with 0 mf to see if that made a difference. It doesn't * I just thought I would take the time to put my rant on here to say how stupid the droprates are, and that no matter what I do, I cannot and will not find ONE single legendary/set item, and only 2 lvl 63 rares, only 2 items out of 100ish hours of farming. Absolutely ridiculous, and personally, I would like to see a change in this crap, before I upright leave the game. Thank you for reading, -PenguingangPenguinGang7 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Legendary items........... "Legendary items are colored orange. These items are the things of myth, and are extremely rare, but immensely powerful. If you are fortunate enough to find one, rejoice!" straight from blizzard...... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#item-quality i lol'dErpman4 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 banners I thought we were getting one per character and not one per accountBorka0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 OMG fix your server please! I am so sick of stacking 5 valor buff and get disconnected for no reason. this happened to me multiple times today already please fix itModel3 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 What I missed about D2 When I played D2 I remember the cemetery scene with rows and rows of tombstones. The scene was dark and sinister looking as I could hear evil lurking in the background. I did not want to move fast into the darkness because I was afraid to find something evil which I couldn't defeat. But I had to. I was a hero and I have to defeat the evil that I have yet to encounter. Then I stumbled onto a secret entrance. The doorway was gothic and sinister. I was by myself and I wish I someone was around to help me. The suspense of what lies beneath that entrance was killing me. In D2 there were moments of surprises. There were parts that were suspenseful and everything leads to fighting the ultimate evil. Somehow the storyline wasn't too complicated. But it pointed to the direction of you having to fight Diablo and the thrill and climax to that point from scene to scene built upon it. Then I finally was able to find Diablo. I didn't see him at first. There was fire on the ground that hurt me. And I heard his voice utter " even death won't save you now." I was afraid to face him. He was as mean and as evil as what I ever expected him to be. I was scared and I ran. Yes that was me, running like a coward. I expected moments like this in D3. Sure in Act 1 there were some resembelence to D2. But the scary, dark and sinister feeling wasn't there. Wish they would have incorporated that into D3. Wish they could have made the storyline more epic and fit the Diablo Genre. Yet all we got was scaled down version of WoW. Come on Blizzard. You could have done a better story then this. The story line for D3 was too predictable and corny at times. I especially hate Mhagda. She was nothing more than an annoyance. And to make matters worst was that she was the one that killed Caine. What an aweful script. All Im saying is that the storyline could have been alot better. With all the time, money and resources that Blizz has, and all that they came out was this, is nothing short of disappointing.Middori0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Error 44. Please fix You account has been muted . Its annoying......IN2U3 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Dear all, i just got scam. was in a trade for 50m, and i saw it was 50m in the trade box, but after sucessfully trade. i just receive 12m. may i know what just happen? im so depressed now. please advice me on this. i already report this ign : a2m to blizzard customer service. hope they will find out the problems. and one last thing, can it be done that way, i mean, i saw it was 50m on trade bar, but i only receive 12m.OraNg3z5 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Siegebreaker In Inferno difficulty, Siegebreaker will now gain the Reflects Damage affix what the !@#$ where you thinking, i understand everything else you did in this patch, well nearly everything, but reflect damage is by far the worst affix, excluding invuln minions, so hey lets just throw it on a boss! dafuqKillertaco2512 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Co-op fubar? Twice now I've killed bosses in Co-op and received no credit for completing the bosses. First time I joined my friends game and we duo'd Kulle(Inferno). Buddy logged out for the night so I went back and farmed for a bit in Act I. The next day I got back on and saw the furthest quest I could start from in Act II was to kill Kulle again, so I solo'd him and started making my way to Belial. 2 of my friends logged on and joined me as we killed Belial(Inferno). We started Act III for a short bit and they decided they weren't geared enough for the act. So we changed quest and went back to farm for a bit. The next day I log in and see that I have to kill Belial again because it won't allow me to start from Act III. Mind you it was in my own game that I had created that we killed him the night before. Sadly, I can't solo Belial alone without him hitting the enrage timer and spamming the floor non-stop to my death. But it seems to do me no good if I was to rekill him again in co-op. So my question is... Why am I not getting credit for Co-op Boss kills?Cerophium3 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Suggestion: Treasure Goblin Island Instead of Whimsyshire, can we get a Treasure Goblin Island where all the goblins we couldn't kill ported to?Nanachi0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Help me about AH bid :( Hey guy, I just accidentally made a wrong bid on AH. I did put 2mil bid for the item which is worth about 500k max. I am wondering that when the bid completes and players put the bid max around 700k or something can i get the refund of 1.3mil back. Its not a small gold for me cuz i dont play much :(:(:(WhyUCry8 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Stats you need to be a mathematical genus! You need to be a mathematical genus to figure out stats on items. Rolling a monk had an amulet with intel, dex, and fire rest. Bought an amulet with more dex, vit and rest all for 300k. When i looked at it in my stash had green for vit obviously, but red for dps?? green for protection. Gues what my rest all went down 6 points. Why because intel gives you rest. You would think the rest all would trumph the intel as a stat. Why my dps went down when the new amulet had more dex?? I have no clue but you need to be a mathematical genus to figure out stats and what will work and what won't. I did put in a bug because when my gear is broken my dps goes down to 321. I fix my gear and the number doesn't change hmmmm?? So I un equip an item than requip stats go back to normal. Also notice some item show red for no added protection but i equip the item and my rest all goes up. The only thing they are looking at for protection change\comparison is amour. So you may get an item and it show red for no added protection and you equip it and your rest all goes up.. Major fail on blizzard part i think. Comments??MasterDavid8 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 OK, is "molten" a default affix nowadays? I didn't count the real percentage, but I feel molten is almost a default affix for the mobs right now. I encounted 8 packs of elites and champions in ACT3 (tower of curse), 7 of them have molten affix. So what? If you, Bli, feel it's a funny way to torment us, then go ahead, don't hide, just like normal attack, write it in your code. A few days ago, there is a post about the ridiculous elemental damage after patch, and you denied. Of course you denied. In my opinion, all affixes should equally appear, except some sick combinations.BBBAO23 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 When are gold spammers going to be dealt with They are massively driving up the price of the economy, an item that used to be worth 1,000,000 is now worth 50,000,000. I've reported about 25 gold spammers in the trade chat TODAY I report every one I see when they pop up. It's insane how many there are, yet Blizzard is going NOTHING to prevent them. We haven't heard anything at all from Blizzard regarding preventing them, so are we just going to let gold inflate to the point where it's hundreds of thousands for basic magic items?? In the time it took to write this, I've reported 4 more... COME ON BLIZZARD!RockandGrohl1 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Diablo community for guides / videos / advice Hey, I am working on a community / forum for guides and general discussion that is a bit easier to track than the d3 forums. Currently only have my barbarian spec guide, but I am looking for some good players who would like to help add some content for other specs / builds. d3-legends.com check it out and please message me ingame if you would like to help make the community better =)Aftermath16 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Diablo 3 isn't Diablo 3 If that sounds like a contradiction, it's to make an important point. When Blizzard capriciously changes how the game acts from week to week, or even day to day, then the game you *thought* you were playing isn't really what you're playing. You only *thought* that actually spending time and maybe money to acquire stuff that works, will keep working. The rules of chess have stayed the same for centuries. Because of that constancy, one can look at a game played 100 years ago and compare it to a game played today. That's a good thing. You don't need to change the rules to have variation in gameplay - there are more possible games of chess than atoms in the known universe! What Blizzard should have been doing instead is to spend time fixing the totally boring repetition in the game, including the lame endless-tape dialogue of the various followers as well as your own character, and adding interesting new content to the game constantly (new monster types, new kinds of loot, new blacksmith plans, etc.) Shifting around the rules, mainly to make the game harder and harder to play in order to deviously encourage using the RMAH, is clearly the handiwork of morons with MBAs whose gaming experience probably goes as far as Pacman. By doing so, countless dedicated players have quit the game permanently, to be followed by many more. The destruction of the one of the best-loved game franchises in history. That isn't a recipe for long term investment returns - it's a recipe for short-sighted flash-in-the-pan returns. It doesn't need to be that way - but it certainly will if these sort of changes continue.Prometheus0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Why is my bnet balance calculating wrong? I'm just curious why I should have received $1.08 more than I did, I want to know where that $1.08 magically went, the value itself is not a big deal, but the principle behind it is.HaveFaith0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Honest Question: Could this game have been... Released with any fewer features? I mean, if you were going to make the most basic, straightforward version of Diablo, that consumers would perhaps be able to choke down if chased with hard scotch, with as little work put into it as possible, what would it look like? Would it... -Have the same 4 Acts, repeated over and over, on every character? With only inconsequential random events that tried to make it look like the maps were not totally linear and static? -5 classes, all of whom look the same, wear the same armor dyed different bleached colours, and will eventually play one of two builds: Kite or Tank? -A loot system that obviously is the most linear RNG ever made. Drop%-Roll ALL affixs possible-Roll huge range of stats? Would you make sure to put no thought into making items actually viable by prioritizing important stats, assuring people have inventories full of vendor trash hour after hour? -Would monster AI consist of "Move toward target, attack"? So that the only increase in "difficulty" is higher HP and huge, spiky damage? Oh, and every affix except for 1-2 broken on some way, making some fights literally unwinnable. -Would you structure it in a way that it is "Free to Play," but create a device by which gold can be turned into money? And then remove huge amounts of gold from circulation with huge repair costs, and making the best crafting options unviable and overly costly, thereby driving up the prices of items? -The RMAH is the most ill-though out, gamebreaking thing ever put in a modern PC title. Sorry, that was out of character. -Would it have the RMAH added in a patch as soon as possible, but be released with the most unintuitive, useless UI in the planet? With 3 search items, no ability to search for similar items to gauge prices, certain stats unsearchable, and with no protection from bots snatching up each and every deal to drive inflation? And no ability to mail items to your friends? -Would the endgame be entirely based on accruing the most wealth possible, not new content? It seems easy, tell people that the game is about loot, just like it's beloved prequel, and pretend that "loot" is just yellow items. -In addition to the "HP/Dmg vs. Hp/Dmg" Combat, make enemies hits always land when you enter their attack range (which sometimes seems completely random) to simplify programming, leading to combat that is more luck based than skill? The obvious fix is to give monsters a short delay once you enter their range before an attack, THEN let it always register, but instead claim this was working as intended. (I also suspect that monster size makes little difference to their attack range) -Have a Support Department that can actually do nothing to assist you in Diablo 3? And will make you wait 36 hours to tell you so? -Give as little information as possible, so people know as little as can be about what little you're doing to fix the many, many shortcomings of your product? Just saying, there isn't much they could take away and still leave this game as any sort of sellable product. They're already asking 60 dollars for a barebones loot grind.Makani0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Please help can't Install!!! With the current issues, I tried to re-install the game to see if it would hopefully install the patch with it so I can play the game. I got the the Install menu and clicked on install. It seemed to buffer for a minute and after popped up with the following message: "Failed to download a required installation file (http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/d3-pod/InstallData/Win/diablo3_enus_web_unencrypted_win.blob). Please check your internet connection and try again." Nothing seemed to be working, I'm currently on hold and been on hold for 54 minutes with the technical support line. I'm also attempting to submit a ticket but every time I submit the ticket it said I have too long of a text. I was withing their limit with over 800 characters left... If anybody could please reply to me with what I should do or if anyone is experiencing the same issue I would greatly appreciate it thank you very much anyone :)CeBoris12 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Itech's report on the rmah and bugs Just read this review from Itech. interesting read about the hacks happening on the rmah. http://www.itechpost.com/articles/3481/20120715/diablo-3-real-money-auction-house-abuse.htmmagree0 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Item drops in Act 3 Is there a higher chance for better drops at the end of act 3 than at the beginning. If so, why? Monster lvls all 63 and the chance for ilvl 63 item to drop is the same. So, why would there be better drops in say temple of the damned as opposed to stonefort?Brando2 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Dear Blizzard... I wish to take this opportunity to bid your company a fond farewell. I have enjoyed your games for many years, and wish for your continued success. But as I get older, and hopefully wiser, I am having trouble accepting the fact that my family and I have to pay $40-$60 to buy your games, plus another $15/month to play said games. So with this thought in mind, I must bid you farewell, and hope your company continues to bring people as much enjoyment as it has brought me, had hope that I will be welcomed with open arms if our paths ever cross again in the future. Sincerely, A loyal Blizzard fan.Dizzturbd2 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Blacksmith training, page of training? i found a page of training for blacksmithing but i cant figure out how to use it, anyone done this yet?Source9 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Save build Some people love the fact that you can change your skills at any time, some don't. I personaly love being able to try all the skills I get and find out what works best. But, here's an idea that would make all happy. When you hit level 60 you are given the option to save your build. You can save your build at any time, but once it's saved, it's saved. By saving the build you can no longer change your skills, but you are given a massive bonous. +15 Vitality +15 dex +15 Int +15 Strength +30 resistance to all and Nephalem Valor becomes forever active on the highest level. So there, now everyone that wants personalized characters would be rewarded by doing so and we can still mix and match skills till level 60. We all win.Colin6 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 kill azmodan checkpoint kill azmodan check on normal ill pay 50k kninenolia#1510KNiNeNolia1 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Crit DMG vs DMG against Elites I got an important question, is 28% crit dmg equal to 25% crit dmg plus 3% dmg against elite ? how does dmg against elites work? does it multiply with your total dmg against elite ? And are bosses considered as elites too ?Sugizo13 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 I just realized... That people who constantly bash and try to burn the game to the ground (and this forum with it) are mostly the same people...like the same names popping up again and again.MimiCucu43 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Comic Con and Diablo 3 Hello there, does anybody know if they announced something there? Or what the reaction was/is on Comic Con.Munchkin2 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 been 4 days now.. still no ah funds 4 days ago I bought 50 dollars of blizzard monopoly money. They said it would take up to three days to register. (i used paypal) it is now the fourth day and no money.... My paypal even shows the charge.LordZero211 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Who plays Single Player? I play single player on most occasions (tried co-op a few times). I find it fun and have restricted myself to only buying gems and crafting materiels at the AH. Havent made it to far however (havent been playing that long). Is there any other people out there doing the same thing?Dormat11 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Does MF gear affect ID? I have read through the FAQ on MF gears, but I'm wondering if you need to wear MF gear when a mob dies. I know ilvl is determined when a mob is killed, but isn't the actual roll determined when you ID a gear?Synergy2 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Gear should be given for achievments I've posted this idea before, but I'm posting it again cause I honestly think it's the best thing that could be added to the game. Getting flag prints for achievments is not really very rewarding, and as we know, the only real ways to progress in Inferno is farm like crazy or use the auction house like crazy, mostly both. This would give players a third option for progressing gear wise, would give you an actual reward for pulling off an achievment and would give you a reason to try and do them. So, the idea is all the REALLY hard achievments if beaten would give you amazing items. Legendary items that are some of the best in the game and can only be gotten by doing the achievments. They can't be sold on the auction house. So for example, for beating the Butcher challenge you would get the Butcher's cleaver. It's stats in ruff could be: Damage: 200-750 Fire damage: 100-300 Each hit adds 50 to life Each kill adds 500 to life Does 35 damage to enemy when hit Can not be damaged Three sockets 2% chance of causing stun when used Adds 50 fire resistance Double handed This would give me a reason to try and do the achievments and also make Inferno playable for many more people. Any feed back or other ideas for gear you could get for achievments please shear.Colin2 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 So, does MF effect the RNG of an item... Regardless of which act, considering there's a fix percentage of getting an ilvl 63 in all acts now. Just wanna know if it's worth it to buy a full MF set now, or should I just wait for the MF nerf? What do you guys think?Aesza4 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 On the brink and I dont think theres hope Two issues with this game that I think will put me in the /quit range soon enough. Player Punishments - I just dont get the need to punish players for trying new things. Dont try new builds, you'll have to deal with repair costs and enrage timers - just stick with the cookie cutter stuff and be happy. I'd like to experiment and the only valid tests are in inferno (hell stuff dies too easy) however, if you screw up... or need time to get a pattern down; be prepared to pay. LoLoot - Items need to be random and every game you shouldnt get uber stuff, but after a series of runs you should at least have some solid/usable gear. Far too much random as you need luck to not only get a roll of high DPS (say a weapon) but also the right affixes... and high enough. Just rolled a 450dps weapon with high LoH and crit? Yea... or the lovely 900DPS wand with no crit or open socket. Need to raise the floors. I've stopped having fun and as much as I'd love the game to tweak here and there to make it solid while they set to make it great.... I think my time is done.SoCal1 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Blizz, when will you respond to what matters? Blizzard, you either need to put out another game developer blog or start posting on topics that actually matter. I'm talking about the problems with this game that are ANTI-FUN 1) LOOT and reliance on AH: Since the developer blog, there hasn't been any comment on the loot system. In the previous blog, Blizzard claimed that they would like players to feel like they didn't need to check the auction house in order to progress or find upgrades. Clearly, Blizzard hasn't succeeded in this matter whatsoever. This is the biggest problem with this game and Blizzard continues to ignore it. There are obvious reasons as to why the problem exists, such as i50's dropping in Inferno, magic find increasing the quality of rares, and certain underpowered items such weapons under i63. 2) Playing solo > group play: What's so wrong with group play being more efficient than solo? Magic Find literally kills any incentive to group with anyone else. 3) Furstrating Champs being more important than bosses: The game continues to revolve around champ packs rather than bosses. The problem is that nobody particularly enjoys fighting champion packs or elites. Not once have I heard from my friends, or streamers, or even anyone on this forum say something along the line of "That was a fun pack!". The puzzling thing is that Blizzard knows that most players hate fighting champion packs but continue to insist on their terrible design. The follow up points thread illustrates this perfectly. As I recall, the CM stated that they knew people weren't enjoying them and explained the design behind affix combinations. According to Blizzard, knockback is a strong CC but jailer is not. This to me just means that Blizz does't realize the power hierarchy of champion affixes. It's plain as day that there are certain combos that should never exist. It's also clear why people enjoy bosses more than champ packs, it's because having the ability to react to the enemy is fun and instant damage and CC mechanics such jailer, wall, and teleport is not. I think there are a lot more point that need to be addressed, but these three are what's currently ruining the game to the point that it isn't fun. I haven't seen Blizzard comment on them since the design blog and I think it's about time.Gentso12 Jul 15, 2012