General Discussion

Jul 17, 2012 did someone's 6 year old kid design act 4? the pinnacle of the game, and that is what you came up with? the random spawn areas? who approved those? "ok, we got a square area with a treasure chest. looks good to me. wait, lets spice this up a little, make some annoying little method of getting from the entrance to the chest that has no logic to it and isnt fun or interesting." "ok, next one. simple square area again, chest, good i like that these have a consistent theme. ooooo this one has a hole in the middle, fabulous. fine work."Trev15 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 My 58cent, Make this game a better place! D3 has some pritty solid ground as far as mechanics and lootz and yaddayaddayadda. Now many things are said to contribute to the games current state of being a severe pain in the hind quarters. Everything from hard insta nerfs, botters, no endgame, even the player base itself is being blamed for the poo storm flying around. But lets face it people, this diablo. To put it into perspective, D2 was a botters paradise, and it had no real endgame aside from the endless quest for mad loot sammichiz. Rubberbanding happened..ALOT! nerfs and buffs happened..ALOT! Scams, accounts being hacked, crappy patches that everybody hated happened...ALOT! and i stress that word ALOT because it went on for YEARS! But this didn't stop people from playing, why? Because the old Blizzard North team had one thing in mind. The satisfaction of the fanbase. Not the cash, not the shareholders, not the 'Blizzard code!" They just wanted to make a good game that people enjoyed. Constant balancing and rebalancing, ultimately you had your op classes but with the right skills and gear, no class was too Op to escape the wrath of being left naked in town crying about how unfair it was that you wouldn't let them get to there corpse. Economy you say? The economy in D2 sucked donkey nuggets! "Oh you want this soj noob bait? give me all 5 of your gull daggers, 3 spectral shards and whatever other crap you have in your inventory!" Bots and mods you say? Who DIDN'T have maphack? or pickit? or treasure spot? How many times was lobby chat flooded with "Get your Soj/immortals/Runes etc cheap at BuyOurD2CrapCheap.com!" End game you say? "Oh I beat LoD for the hundreth time what should i do now? Think i'll just roll another bone necro..I know I have two already but who cares it's fun!" So what really sets D2 and 3 apart? I propose one thing and one thing only. The mindset of the developers. I think last weeks patch hit the nail on the head for me when legions of people could not update and play the game for some hours due to patch loops. When Blizzard finally makes an official announcement and what do they say? ... Ahem? Excuse me blizzard? Did..did you just address speculation about the possible number of people playing the game? While many of those people haven't been able to download the patch for hours!? I'm sorry fanboys but if you don't see something seriously wrong with that kind of prioritizing, then your probably on the blizzard payroll! This highlights the biggest issue right now with the current Diablo team. PRIORITY! Blizzard should be more interested in making the changes that make the game more enjoyable for more people, and less worried about all the tiny little bull details that piss a handfull of people off. Yeah we have a bot problem, THIS IS DIABLO! WE ALWAYS HAD A BOT PROBLEM! WE ALWAYS WILL! Play D2 right now, THERES STILL BOTS! But that never stopped people from playing, because they knew that they had a pritty good chance of finding the good shazbah without having to pay for it! They knew that If they farmed all day something good would come of it. Yeah maybe not the best of the best items in the game, but still some pretty handy stuff! Don't worry about how you "Think" people will have fun, worry about what people are telling you they will enjoy! Don't worry about Op classes, there will always be an Op class, every change gives rise to a new one! You keep mucking around and nerfing every skill you'll end up with a bunch of guild wars builds! Underpowered and uninteresting! Give us some buffs blizz! Let people blow stuff up and jump between acts! Increase drop rates! Increase Legendary drop rates! Legendary in D2 just like D3, we're mostly garbage, but at least they dropped often! Come on Jay, don't give us a script to play, let us PLAY! It's gotten to the point were I log into D3 and I can't play for more than 20minutes without feeling like I AM a BOT! Following Jay autoit Script (JayFunScript) "#IfwinactiveDIII login. ~follow/:JayFunScript;killEliteA3~#All/loot#All~value*sendVendor/repeat Sleeptimer:1hour=bored~c:/playSomethingElse Cd/f:disk/D111untilBetterPatch Woah I just got hit by a truckload of lazy, I'm tired of typing..Anyway, yeah the point of this all is...well, just follow the new Dev Team Jay Autoit script and you'll understand soon enough. By the way blizzard, you should hire my butt! I'm a chef at Legal Harborside, rated one of the top10 seafood spots in the country! I'll make you some of the best Alaskan king crab stuffed squash blossoms you ever tasted!*winks at Jay* (I know shameless plug for my restaurant but still, come eat there all you hungry bastards!)DollyD6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Blizzard named this item so RIGHT!!!! http://imgur.com/kvxA2 like if you likeMan6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 my most popular post links to a deleted thread. There should an achievement for this.pilnomi0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Blizzard doesnt learn: Punish the innocent! In diablo 2 blizzard did the same thing they are attempting now, to stop bots with a game creation limit. Did it work? No, it was a disaster, the innocent players were kicked offline for hours and in extreme cases days, the botting community figured out the limits needed to set their bots and hardcoded them into their scripts so they NEVER hit them. The same will happen here because blizzard doesnt learn from their mistakes. Any change that harms the majority and does nothing to stop the problem, is not a solution, its just another problem. In this case the cure is worse than the disease.Plaguefear17 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Massive drop in rare drops: After the patch last tuesday, the rare drops flopped... really bad. With 5 stacks of NV, I'm able to get at least 3 rares but right now I barely get 1 for every elite monster kill. To be honest, I'm really bored now. The farming was all that was left and a patch broke it down. Nothing is left for people like myself to enjoy. And no, it's not the magic gear. The game just got a lot more boring after this new patch.Bouleville14 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 "Auction" House... Not Quite. To be clear, I’m writing this post as more of a way to generate a discussion, not because I’m mad. I’m not crying, or raging, or going to quit Diablo. Really because I think we're all a bit frustrated, and Blizzard really needs to look into this and make a change. Scenario: I was bidding on a weapon in the gold auction house (Although this applies to the RMAH just the same), and put in a bid. I really liked the weapon and would have bought out the weapon, if it had one set, for around 20 mil. The auction was sitting at around 4 hours left, and at 9 mil. So I threw in a bid at 9.5, knowing full well it would go up. However, this is an auction and there is no need to put a bid any higher than needed, I’m confident everyone agrees with me on that. Anyway, I’m watching the auction from about 6 minutes left and notice I still have the winning bid. Of course I am pretty pumped It’s still so low so I leave my screen on the auctions tab. Couple minutes go by and I notice that it still says 6 min left. So I close the screen, open it back up and it jumped down to 2 min left (Issue 1). Then I get a pop up saying I have been outbid. So it begins. The bidding war. I quickly go over to my stash to collect my gold again (Issue 2), and place a higher bid. Recall I was willing to pay 20 mil for this weapon. After the bid I close the auction screen and go back in to see the auction timer was less than a minute left. I get outbid, awesome. I rush to my stash, collect my gold, hit bid, and... Auction expired. That is obviously my issue number 3 with the auction house. Now again I am not mad, and really don’t care much that I lost the weapon, there will be another one up tomorrow. I’m not “mad bro”, even though I know someone will reply with that or some version of it, I know there are way more important problems in D3 than this and I already know this has happened to pretty much everyone that has used the auction house on D3. Solutions: Issue 1: Seriously, add a refresh button to the auctions screen. Not hard, Blizzard your developers can do that in probably less than 10 minutes. Do I have to explain why this is important? Doubt it, so I won’t. Issue 2: Why do you make us go and collect our money from our completed screen? This seems rather pointless. Do I really care to click to collect my gold? Honestly? There is no obvious reason why I would want my gold sitting there. Just add it straight to my total. If you don’t already know it keeps a record of your transactions right beside it anyway. So you would still know if your items sold, or you were outbid. Collecting your money seems pretty redundant. Issue 3: This to me is the big problem. When was the last time you’ve been to an auction, or watch one on t.v. (i.e. auction hunters, storage wars, or even something simple like a car auction) and heard the auctioneer say, “going, going” someone bids “gone” to the person who just bid right before he said gone. Never. I guarantee. Why? Because that’s not an auction. Now I don’t have a solution to this problem that everyone agrees on, but why not try making it an auction? I mean, it’s an auction house right? Why not have the timer reset to 1min, or even 2 min after someone bids. That will allow players to think about if they want to bid higher or pass. That is how an auction works. Not simply trying to time your bid to be the last person that can possibly bid. This issue creates a serious issue for the buyers who are willing to pay more for an item that does not have a buyout price. More importantly however, is the issue it creates for the seller. The timer system does not allow for a proper bidding war/ auction. In my scenario, that seller could have easily gained another 10 mil out of me if the timer would have allowed me the time to do so. So not only did I lose out on my item, but the seller lost out on more profit for his/her item. One more issue I want to bring up is the one we’ve all been frustrated with. The limit on searching for specific stats on your items. Why do you allow for only 3 stats? As a monk I constantly am searching for upwards of 4,5,6 stats per armour. Wouldn’t this be easier than sifting through pages of nonsense items? Blizzard I really hope you read this and think about these issues in a future patch. I say future because I know there are a lot more important issues that need to be addressed before this. Thanks for reading, post something if you’ve got something you want to say.ThompsonQ22 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Remake D3! Anyone? Yes/ No ~really boring here~KWOKCHIHO0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 why dps reigns I would love to explore the potential effects of poison damage, lightning vs arcane and evaluate the impact those types have on gameplay. Are enemy resists higher for one or another? Do any of them have special effects that would help me in combat? I suppose the reason I don't bother is that it is so F'($*#g hard to get decent items in the first place... and I'm sorry, but I'll just never have 100 mil to 2 billion to buy one. I'm also not going to part with 50 real dollars just to experiment with a game's variety. Either, create an offline mode that we can hack the hell out of to experiment and character craft to our hearts content... or... there ought to be details in the game guide for exactly what the game mechanics are for each thing. Poison does this damage, enemies tend to have these resists, life steal works in this way while on hit works differently, increased damange refers only to melee in what contexts, what stacks, etc. Basically, the problem is that this game is WAY too expensive to experiment with gear. Love the skill swapping though. I wish I had a simulator so that I could design my own fake loot, try it on my character and maybe even see how it impacted combat! As a player, and as the game is built right now, I have no way of boundary testing my own capabilities, finding break points and new kick'a(* skill combos. Sure, I could go to the forums and see what the 'experts' are running... but I'm not going to do that because, frankly, experimentation is a major part of the FUN I expect from Diablo. I'm not into the MMO grind for the sake of experimentation. Improving your build, well that is to be expected, but coming up with a totally new concept... that'll cost you 50 hours. Sorry, I have a job.cocogorilla2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 cannot improve blacksmithing...! help Where can we find "pages of training" to upgrade blacksmithing???pls help have xxx.xxx money but no good blacksmith training. thanksderf10 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 to ident or not ident legendaries... so i found this lvl61 legendary crossbow (hellrack). i was just wondering should i try to sell it unidentified or is that just a waste of time? i also remember reading somewhere that unidents from pre 1.1 will be worth way more after 1.1BeerSniper16 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 4player co-op stream, Inferno act3 farming! Hello, my name's Drunkendead and I've recently started streaming over at Twitch.tv together with a couple of friends. We're currently streaming high-level farming of Act 3 Inferno, with unidentified item giveaways to our stream followers after each run! Our teamspeak conversations are also broadcasted on the stream, together with some groovy background music. Right now the team consists of a Demon Hunter, Monk, Barbarian and Wizard combo, and you can find all of our gear,stats and builds in the stream info. If you're looking for a good stream with actual gameplay (crafting streams are sooo boring!) check us out over at: twitch.tv/drunkendeadDrunken0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 To lawyers out there, explain RMAH plz Direct quote from RMAH terms of use [quote]2. The Auction House. A. The Auction House gives you the opportunity to buy and sell licenses to use Loot from and to other players. B. When buying a license to use Loot from another player, your obligation to pay the purchase price shall be to Blizzard only. When selling a license to use Loot to another player, your claim to the proceeds of the sale shall also be to Blizzard only. You shall therefore not have a payment obligation to respectively a claim for payment against the other player and it shall be irrelevant for you when and whether payments are made between Blizzard and the other player.[quote] So if I don't own the license to use the loot, how can I sell it? So if I buy the license to use loot, why do I lose it? Why I don't own the license to use the item anymore after I bought it?Shamanics4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why Are Low Level Legendaries So Rare? As the name suggests. I'm sure some people got a low lvl legendary at the time they needed it, but I know I didnt. Seriously, why are their drop rates so low? It's not like they are worth anything anyway, or that they give you brimstone. Low lvl set items and legendaries should drop FAR MORE OFTEN, that way... a) they are cheaper, and you can actually afford them on your first play through b) You can actually USE them. The first legendary I got was a lvl 18 item when I was like lvl 50. c) You will actually GET TO SEE MORE COOL ITEMS. It seems like such a waste of developmental time that such a low percentage of people will be exposed to cool lowbie legendaries.Phuryess24 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 I hate these godly-be-of-the-opinion players ...who rush the act progression by skipping all monsters right through the boss pit. They ignored all his "elite fighting" teammates... But, in the end he's still died over and over again... And then he left the game. Seriously? I have met this kind of player at least on 1 of my 3 public games. PS, anyone in Asia who want to play nice and matured game, can add me: Mikelodeon #912Mikelodeon8 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Solo'd to Inferno and still no Legendary/Set Title says it all, took down Diablo in Hell last night and started Act 1 Inferno, did it all solo, never saw a single Legendary or Set item, or plan for that matter, other than the Izual plan for cow level. I know Bashiok said Legendary's and Set items were meant to be traded around...well don't I need a legendary or set item to start trading with? Perhaps I am supposed to stockpile 5 or 10 good rares to try and bulk trade for one really good Legendary or set piece? He says the AH has to be factored in to how items drop...I understand the logic, but hate the reality. Part of the "fun" of Diablo is seeing the item drop. If I never see the cool items drop, but either trade for them, or save up 5 million gold over the course of a week for one piece, that is not fun, that is not the rush of seeing a cool item drop, that just sucks. Diablo was always a simple game at heart, with simple pleasures: kill stuff, sure with some challenge, and collect your cool gear - it was an easy, fun, and repeatable process. Now we have kill stuff, with A LOT of challenge, and don't expect the get cool gear part...awesome.Sunderpants41 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Constructive critisism on loot. My view on the loot issue is that the game is not rewarding enough because the item generator is far too random and MF plays too big a role in this particular aspect. I myself spend hours and hours farming act 2 fully stacked and end with very few items worth picking up to identify. I understand that the game at its current state has no real end-game besides hunting for gear and this in turn favors making good items harder to find in order to keep players playing. The core problem in this thought process is that the game does not reward the players enough for their efforts and progressing is stalled as there is a low supply and a high demand so the prices skyrocket to amounts where only the lucky or RMAH spenders can afford. Solution #1: Nephalem valor at its current state is negligible. Reduce the max stacks to 3 and provide a 50% MF per stack. This way, MF as a stat on gear still remains wanted but not essential, players who cannot afford to spend entire hours farming can still casually farm and the NV-elite hunting becomes the best method to obtain gear. Keep the 1 guaranteed rare at full stacks. Solution #2: Remove all items that are below ilvl60 in inferno as there is no reason for trash items to spawn in a difficulty that is meant for high-end players. Currently, any weapon below ilvl63 is utter trash. Also, make NV MF count towards chests and let players keep their own MF in groups as the current implementation hinders group-play significantly. Thanks for reading.Karun0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why banning wave????? Why not banning someone as soon as the cheat is detected ? What if the banning wave dates were known by botters, and they can just transfert items to legit account and sell everything inbetween waves ? Does that mean you guys only run a scrip that detect them once in a while ? Or you really just add them to a list and then they are banned later on ?Donlok2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Are rolls on unidentified items predetermined If i find an unidentified item, are the stats already determined before I even identify it or are the stats randomly generated after I identify it? Was wondering cuz I don't want to identify any legendaries I find if the latter is the case.Michellesux26 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Rather be working than playing D3 You know game is falling apart when i CAN play d3 instead of work.. but i'd rather work.Chroniix0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Only blue post in a few days about game-limit I have sat here in game menus, spending my time reading the forums rather than playing the game. I usually enjoy reading Bash's completely sarcastic comments at questions he can't answer. I haven't had a good laugh though in a few days. All of a sudden I see a blue post again, and NOT to my amusement, it is Lylirra posting about game creations limits being brought back to counter act the bots that Blizz said would not be possible in the game (nor would hacking, duping, etc) because it is online only. Blizz, address some community concerns like multiples of the same item on the auction house and unID and end game. I am hoping Bash bashes me for this post, but atleast I'll know someone is still working over at Blizz other than patch releasers.Silkedout0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Increase base percentage of gold drops Currently in act 4, with a base of 264% gold find, I am still seeing gold dropping in the single digits. This means that the gap in base gold drop in the harder acts are simply too large in distance, the range is anywhere between 5-1600 gold to possibly drop, which means saturating yourself down in gold find very pointless, more often you will have a lower amount than a higher drop amount. Right now I am not seeing the point in even using gold find, when you can use magic find and just vendor all the blues/rares you find for much better profit. Please discuss this, if I am using a concentrated effect, it should be much more proportionate to its counterpart. Idea- Make it so that Neph value @ 5 stack passively increases Gold find's BASE to a higher percentage in addition to increasing the amount dropped. Similar to how 5 stack NV increases a guaranteed rare chance on elites/boss.Meiya17 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Gear progression Gear progression/itemization is one of the biggest issues in this game. We all know of the high str on wizard wands or high intel on 2h swords. Here is an idea to involve us more closely in gear creation and let us have better control over gear itemization and customization, assuming of course if anyone is interested in listening to these suggestions anymore. Let the player select one of the attributes of a gear, and then give the artisans the ability to: A. Reroll that attribute and replace it with something else B. increase the value of that attribute toward the maximum of what is allowed for that gear. This allows for a metagames where you take a piece of gear and over time whittle it to exactly what you want it to look like. It also lets you feel that you had a hand in creating that piece of gear and makes the grinds more bearable. It also doesnt impede the ah trade because you have the option of starting with a piece that is close to what you want and then tune it quickly the rest of the way, or start with a less optimal piece and take longer to tune it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?Aurora9 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan.... i think there needs to be a fix here... they need more health!Guido15 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 AH Bots... Min Current Bid Search? I don't look at the botting websites, but is there a bot to search for items based on the current minimum bid. I'm speculating based on this, on the weekend I put up 10 auctions items were either level i61-i63 with good stats, or lower legendaries. I took a chance and started everything at 995 gold, everything sold with final bids between 10k - 350k. Since the lowest final selling price was 10k I thought I'd list 10 items of similar stats starting at 9995 gold. This time no bids after the first 24 hours.Grummus1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 So its Tuesday again and I hate maint thread Srsly. I wanted to get my grind on sonofa chicken nugget and make gold n shiz but I cant cause of some maint. Whats in the patch anyways? I rly like the idea of a game limit they are making live. That shiz is srsly some epicness. All the bots making games n farmin goblins and being ghey will find they cant even make games anymore. I think they should retroactively ban some bots as well as a fun measure and give us a list of like 30k account names banned heh. Anything else gud happening today? Patch notes?GreenHitz17 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Kormac is such a doofus. I don't like when he attacks my goblins, but everyone has that complaint. I was playing the other night and stopped to eat dinner. I was in the Cathedral and I parked myself by a set of stairs leading up off of the main passage. There was a Skeletal Shieldperson there, but it couldn't attack me because a pile of debris was blocking the bottom of the stairs and, apparently, skellies are too weak to bust through that sort of thing. I took about 15 minutes to eat, came back to my computer, and there Kormac and I stood. Exactly where I had stopped. Yay! I mean, I've done this before and sometimes I come back to a "Revive at Last Checkpoint" prompt. So, I decide to just skip that particular part of the map because I wanna kill Hell SK before I call it a night. Well, as I run past the debris pile, which has been sitting there unmolested for 15 minutes, Kormac runs over to it, breaks it, and starts fighting the mobs! He's such a jerkwad sometimes! "Oh! You're gonna skip this? I think not! Wazzup, skellies!" I ditched him. But you know how he is. He showed up a couple of seconds later acting like nothing had happened at all.Morio2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 TEAM VIETNAHM//duping what do you guys think? http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=63857960&f=68 http://i.imgur.com/cKiFT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0iRtY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/mcE1N.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lEceu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sO2WD.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aKtoi8h0Oyw http://www.twitch.tv/cybrixz/b/325170495 (skip to 2hrs 25mins) will bliz comment? will there be a hotfix? how long will this go on? is the AH done? lol....Crimson13 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 No maintenance today? wohoo? Oh, and fix chest drops, please. Keep the drops as random as you like. I just want moar !@#$ty yellows to ID, and legendaries and set items.jani0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Auction house search parameters Has there been any word from Blizzard about possibly getting more search parameters? At lower levels 3 was enough but now that I'm decently geared, my needs are pretty specific. I could definitely use 2-3 more parameters to help my browsing. In addition, there needs to be a way to sort off hands by damage, right now it is pure misery trying to find an OH. Finally, there are certain attributes that exist in-game but cannot be selected in AH. For example, you can get IAS on legendary boots but you can't search for it. You can get increased corpse spider damage on off-hand and can't search for it, etc, etc. Finally, it would be awesome if I could shift-click gear I plan to sell, and that gear's parameters were automatically entered into the search engine so I could competitively price that gear without constantly having to click back and forth "was that 170 str and 40 dex, or 170 dex and 40 str..."SilentMike695 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Game Limints re-abled Any details on this? I got a couple of farmspots where I only spend roughly 2 minutes before I relog. Will this change own me?Carzeri3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 People confused about Scheduled Maintenance: Why is everyone so flustered about whether or not there will be maintenance today? Are you kidding me? It's a very well known fact that Tuesday is Blizzard's Scheduled Maintenance day. That being said, I don't believe they have to tell you about it, because it's EVERY TUESDAY. It has always occurred on every Tuesday, and will continue to happen every Tuesday. That would be like your boss telling you on Friday "Don't forget to come to work on Monday!" Well, DUH! You don't need to be told something that you already know is going to happen. You have a brain (or at least, I hope so) so USE IT! lolJaymzkrueger32 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Poll: Do you "Buy" or "Farm" ? Debates regarding purchasing your items with currency or farming/grinding to gear up are a daily occurence. What do you do? Please reply with a 1 word answer. Buyer: You have purchased or continue to purchase your gear with real money, through RMAH, Ebay, farming bots, or other sources. Farmer: You grind elites, goblins, or other mobs and equip the items that drop from them and or sell them in AH until you save up enough to buy the items you want. Please do not post opinions here. Just simply reply with which of the two best describes you. If you wish to debate or put in your two cents about why or how you do what you do, visit another thread.KevMama46 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Stop using the RMAH... you really think Blizz is going to fix anything as long as you keep making them free Money.......Seriouly....REALLYBeastKiller8 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 1.0.3 did NOT fix this game Blizzard Where'd you all run off to? I don't think we've had any type of actual response from you guys concerning the game since before July 4th. Quit posting wallpapers on the homepage and actually fix the content in this game.Help10 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Give Us A Ladder Please I know I'm going to start off with a D2 comparison but hear me out. Now unless im missing something crucial and please correct me if I am, they as in blizzard have said they dont want to have a ladder for the simple fact that there is a RMAH. Which at first seems fair but if you played D2 there was the same thing in the form of third party sites that let you buy stuff for real $$$ anyway so what is the big deal. People could deal with it then and people could deal with it now. It would make gold actually worth something on ladder and on non ladder it would be like everything is right now anyway. People on non ladder would probably end up finding an item to trade instead of gold and ladder would still have gold because of the reset. This would fix so many problems with the game in my opinion and would make me want to level again. After leveling two characters to 60 and beating inferno on my barb it seems like there is nothing else to do... So please give us a ladder. Sorry for no paragraphs I'm a terrible writer/typer.ScareKrow6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Hell Level Drop Rates I know this isn't as exciting as Inferno drop rates, but I wanted to put this out there and see if anyone has any comments. I have kept track of some Inferno Act 1 runs and while I have never gotten anything worth a crap, the rates have been fairly close (lower but close) to the stated rate. Keeping that in mind, today I decided to farm Hell Act 3 because I wanted to go easy mode for some gold and I figured the odds of getting a 61-62 was fairly decent and many times those are better than 63s anyway. I'm unsure if this matters, but my magic find is 129% without stacks and 204% with 5 stacks. I ran from the very beginning of Act 3 through killing Seigebreaker. I didn't keep track of my entire totals because I didn't figure it was going to be as bad as it was, but I got the amount of yellows I would expect from a run, so that was not the issue. I was picking up greys and whites and was checking levels on everything before vendoring just so I'd have a rough idea on how well the run was going. The drop rate for 61 is listed at 13.9% and for 62 it is 3.45%. I got 3 (three) 61s in that entire run. One blue and 2 whites. I got no 62s at all. Now I was not expecting them to rain down on me and I was expecting a fair number of blues/whites/greys out of the run, but 3 is not anywhere close to 13.9% and 0 is not anywhere close to 3.45%. I know RNG is RNG, but come on. I did get 2 60s as well. 1 of those was yellow. 1 was white. I don't know what that drop rate is supposed to be.Morissia0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 If i were to die in Hardcore... ...What happens to the items i've put on for auction??Coldweller2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 DEV Team. D3 Is Not WOW Ok so I have been a Diablo fan from the very first game release, and played everyday. I could not wait for D3 to be released to enjoy the third installment, but to my disappointment DEV team you have just created an off shoot of world of warcraft. Listen up if none of you ever played diablo II might i make a suggestion that you all sit down for a couple days and play D2 to get an understanding of why so many of us devoted diablo players have this same feeling. You need to remake D3 so it feels more like the diablo all of us know and love. Don't get me wrong the game is grand as it is, but you have incorperated to much of WOW into it and it just isn't right. Legendaries, and set items need revamping to reflect the actual damage for a levle 60, and rares need to be brought down to below them. IF none of the DEV team has ever seen D2 and how the legendary scale works you really need to take a long look at it pleaseknighthawk572 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Any news on when PVP will be introduced? I heard that Blizzard will be bringing PVP into Diablo 3. I think that this will be fun! Any news?Godzilla24566 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 RMAH - 15% of $1 is 16c? I have been selling my gold in 400k increments at 25c per 100k ($1 per 400k). I have rows and rows of 0.85c profit, and ONE 84c one. I don't care about 1c, but this seems rather messed up. If this happens to every single person at least once, doesn't that seem awfully like thieving?Arachnia4218 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 My biggest problem with Diablo 3 Is the fact that there is no lasting decision that I can make for any of my characters which in itself ruins the replay value entirely for me. At no point in the game are there any decisions available to me to actually make me bond with any of my characters. Talent and stat distribution points are really where I believe the biggest bonding factor is with any character on any type of RPG title that I have played over the years. The only real customization that I have lasting control over is gear, but what is my motivation to obtain the gear? I'm simply thinking that if I had options available to me to optimize on a certain build, such as being able to put X amount of nonrefundable talent points into a runed skill this would actually cause me to feel like I had a finished character. This would let me do more with my characters as I grind gear, and increase my fun factor immensely. As it stands right now at no time do I ever feel like my character is finished. The current build systems just feel so incomplete, I could be wrong but I would like to know if there are folks out there of the same mind.Noneternal0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 MF info: Confirmed After some testing, running act 1 in both with 0MF and 197MF numerous time, I can somewhat confirm that the MF info in the game guide is accurate. ... This statement is correct. With or without MF, the number of item is the same. But with MF, you will get more rare item and less magic item compared to zero MF. For example: If you get 85 magic+rare item in one run. Without MF: of those 85, 28 are rares and 57 are magic. With 197 MF: of those 85, 50 are rares and 35 are magic. But wait... 50 is not 197% more than 28. That is because 5 stack of NV gives 1 rare per elite mob and 2 rares per boss, and that doesn't count in the computation. In my example, 85 rare+magic in a run, but 16 of those were from NV stack (4 from 2 boss, 12 from elites) So if we remove those from the equation. 34 is almost 197% more than 12. ... Now this one is almost correct. Remove the "magic item" in the last line and that would be correct. 1-3 affix, is magic. 4-6 affix is rare. (not sure if there are 7 affix armors, but there sure are 7 affix weapons) (not sure if there are 3 affix rares, some say there are, but they must have not included open socket) So, MF affects the number of affixes in the item. Less 1-3 affix, and more 4-7 affix, thus giving you more rare. Now in my testing: with 0 MF, i got 84 rares (3 runs). 10 of those have 6 affix. So that's 12% of the rares have 6 affix. with 197% MF, i got 150 rares (3 runs). 30 of those have 6 affix. So that's 20% of the rares have 6 affix. This may not be an extensive testing (3 runs each on act 1 with zero and 197% MF), but i think it is enough to say that the MF info in game guide is correct. so, MF gives more rares, more affix and less magic items. Now go and farm your hearts out. ps: act 1 vs act 3 farming: still depends on the MF and how fast you kill. tl:dr, D3 sucks. but i'm still playing. now go read this.Nicothology4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 To me - Blizzard has lost their reputation Two months ago, the notion I'd be in this mindset about Diablo3 and Blizzard would have seemed almost impossible. I am 25, huge Diablo fan and blizz game supporter. The amount of hours I've spent on blizz games (with Diablo2 taking the crown) would be massive. All of the truly great memories which will last a lifetime I am thankful for. I took a week off work for Diablo3, I haven't had a holiday in over 18 months but Diablo.........well ofcourse I'd put my life on hold for Diablo. It started with Maghda, progressed with Cain's death and then the 'De-Angelization' of Tyreal. By the end of Act1 I convinced myself the story was decent but deep down I knew the truth. I won't go into specifics but the whole 'You can't catch me! You can't catch me! YES I can! lowest common denominator spoon fed story line was a slap in the fans faces, especially after the Book Of Cain was wonderfully thought out and written. It doesn't matter though right? If the game itself is awesome. I logged as many hours as I could on my time off trying to capture any spark of magic. Diablo is such a big deal for me that I almost convinced myself that I had changed and grown up, but you know what, I don't believe that, I believe Diablo3 is potential gone horribly wrong. There must be some very upset designers, artists and other talented men and woman who have seen what their vision is. Again I'm not going to get too specific because any gamer worth 2cents could pick Diablo3 apart like a B grade horror movie. These patches are kicks to my stomach and the fundamental problems are being ignored like an elephant in the room. Blizzard, I would like to say once again sincerely thankyou for the memories and the absolute awesome quality of your previous games. For me personally any future games you release I will be researching thoroughly and making my decision from there, your reputation has been lost. Diablo3, the fastest selling PC game of all time? Thank your reputation for that and I will be interested to see how the expansion sells. Shocked and upset, over and out.Jedax2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 What the hell did you do to fire damage ? Half the time fire chains, mortar and molten act as if you have no fire resistance at all - it's stupidly stupid especially in HC wtf ?NitroExpreSs10 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 How you (the player) can fix Diablo 3! Are you enjoying d3? I did. And still am, to a lesser extent, because I'm realizing how every little thing subtly links back to the AH. Its got its problems (won't list em again) but it's fun to play... aside from the items and the AH thing. So, how can we make them fix it? Stop spending money in the RMAH. No, srsly. YOU. Stop buying/selling things, and they will not make money. I KNOW how enticing that 1500 dps weapon with godly stats for only $10 is, as opposed to having to grind 200 million gold. Yes, I KNOW you can just buy the gold, too. But, if you stop using the RMAH, things will be fixed in time. Now, the hard part is getting everyone to do it. And that won't happen. TL;DR: It's your fault we can't have nice thingsAraphre0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Give all i63 weapons functional DPS minimum Ok, I can deal with getting bad roll after bad roll after bad roll on all the stuff that drops for me. What I can't understand is why i63 1h weps roll with only 150-250 dps or 2h weps roll with 400dps. IMHO ALL i63 weapons should at least be functional in inferno if you wanted to gimp yourself and use them. I'm not talking about giving all i63 weapons 900+ dps but there should be a much higher minimum DPS than there currently is. Maybe 500DPS for 1h and 800DPS for 2h. These weapons would not be overpowered as thats still pretty useless DPS in inferno but it would stop us from just automatically vendoring every weapon that drops and maybe consider using some 500DPS 1h axe because it also has some cool stats on it instead of grinding another 100hrs waiting for that 1k drop. It would also have no effect on the economy because people aren't currently selling weapons with that low DPS to anyone but the vendors. Having a pack of 20 i63 weapons with DPS that wouldn't have been useable in early Hell is horrible. At least throw a bone and have some decent base damage on the things so people could consider enjoying them. Make the exciting roll aspect eb the affixes.NatsFan5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 insert random flaming topic here COME AT ME, ANGRY FORUM MINIONS! In case you need more fuel: I honestly like Diablo 3. aaaand go!!1!SteveRich3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Hi Blizzard, Confirmation please? I know there have been a lot of complaints lately about the game. I too have some grievances and questions that I would very much appreciate some answers to - ( if you have any respect for a loyal customer) First, some background info... I have well over 300 hours played on my Barbarian - and easily another 200 hours digging through the auction house. (gold of course). I would guess that 200 of those hours played have been spent in Inferno farming acts 1 and 2. I have full cleared act 2 almost every day since the latest patch and when i only have 3-5 hours i jump in at "Blood and Sand" Act2. I have 335 Magic Find. To date, I have only ever found 1 upgrade for myself in Inferno. Yes, that is correct... 1 upgrade. Even my buddy can't believe it. It was a level 60 pair of shoulders and i got them my first day in Inferno over 2 months ago. I have had to rely on the Gold Auction House for all of my upgrades. I spent 3 million gold on crafting items and got zero in return. - I have found 2 nice drops, one for a wizard and one for a monk. I sold them for 6 and 15 million respectively. - I found 1 green helm with very low stats (pre-patch) that eventually sold for 180k - I have found 4 or 5 legendaries that were level 52 and 3 that had stats worse then most level 52 rares. ***MY QUESTIONS*** What am I doing wrong? Is 335 Magic Find not enough to get good affixes? Is 1 minor upgrade for 200 hours of gameplay in Inferno "working as intended"? Is it considered 'Normal' to have such a disastrous run of luck and is it safe to say that the game is 'not working as intended' if such a bad run of luck can occur? Are you aware of people/customers like myself who are having this experience and are you working on a solution? If i'm not going participate in the Real Money Auction House, is there any reason for me to keep playing? Do you consider non-existent loot drops in a game about loot - to be fun? Have i been 'Jay Wilsoned'? I'm not a bitter person - I don't want to be the next 'bitter-man'. I'm just not enjoying the game-play anymore (which is awesome - even thou I can only play 1 spec)... and it was the cool game-play that kept me going all this time. I just finished popping my 50th i63 weapon (since i started keeping track) and it was 1 hand with nice stats but below 400dps. I would appreciate some sort of confirmation that you have read this post and are at least aware that there are paying customers and loyal gamers who are having a very bizarre and unsatisfying gaming experience. This is my entertainment - yet it feels like i'm part of some social experiment funded by DARPA. Thank you for your time.Surf6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Inferno Pony Level A few questions regarding the above. 1) Would like to know Inferno Pony is comparable to act 1/2/3/4 of inferno? 2) What is the drop rates like? as compared to say farming in inferno act 2, in terms of eq? thks!Nelson0 Jul 17, 2012