General Discussion

Jul 17, 2012 The only way to fix everything is to re-roll As bad as it sounds, the economy, people and the game over all is damaged for good. Blizzard is clearly to blame for releasing an unfinished game full of bugs and exploits, not to mention they topped it off by releasing RMAH during the bugs being avaiable. Why is Blizzard still digging their own grave? Duping and UN ID items exploiting which still works, I checked it. Trade hacks, AH bots and gold farmers are still free to do their own thing. Surely there is ban waves, but all the exploits should be fixed first then ban the people who used it right? This game needs either a full re-roll, or fully patched version and a new server for those who play the game fairly, this game is officially dead. I can not believe how can a company release a game and kill it within two months, games like this take a long time to be over took by hackers, this one took only 2 months! Who agrees this needs a re-roll or a new fresh separate server?wuc28 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 today maintenance? maintenance ?Angeloid2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Gold sites spam Does Bliz even ban these spammers? I report spam on most of them but am wondering if support even bothers with banning them. It seems easiest to me though to program in rules that would prevent url's from being posted in chat- or something along that line of reasoning. Or also to maybe limit the number of characters allowed in a single chat.. Spammers annoy the !@#$ out of me not to mention... isn't against ToS?chico821 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Wowcrendor does a much better diablo 3 story he dubbed over the voices of the CS from act 1 to act 2, too funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclDSulxZtMDocGon19 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Confessions of a Boter? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079791187#new-post ... Too vague... you think? Or, is he admiting he's a boter?Nopate1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Weekly Maintenance I don't see any updates or posts regarding today's maintenance. Will there be one?OrangeDude41 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Melee Deamon Hunter So mad ? Just killed azmodan with a melee Deamon Hunter All you need to do this is a deamon hunter 700 to all resists skillllzzzzzLedinplanter0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Weapon stats clarification. When I see a weapon with 1k DPS and has +48 dmg as a stat, is that already calculated in to getting 1k dps or is that in addition? Same question with attack speed %, is that already taken into consideration for the 1k dps of the weapon? Just trying to decide which item to purchase in auction house.drjacobs3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Really Blizzard? I just lagged to death fighting some elites. Took me 3 tries to get back in the game. I repaired my stuff and logged right back off again because I'm not playing while the server is acting up. Really blizzard? With all the problems this game has you decide what really needs patching is the limit on how many games people can make? Glad you have your priorities straight...Pixelmancer0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Multiboxing allowed in Diablo3? I know its a 3rd party program but its the same rules in WoW as diablo3. And there are many ppl that use this on WoWTicker5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Auction House bots? I was attempting to bid on a good deal in the AH when in the final two minutes, I could not get a bid in. Every time I bid, it said the amount was too low and all of a sudden the winning bid was what I had just attempted to bid, but it was not mine. I then started entering arbitrary number into the bid window, and what do you know, the winning was the same, but it wasn't my bid. What going on here?Zenitram11 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 You want to fight bots? USE CAPTCHAS! Captchas are a kick in the !@#, but are less disturbing than game-create limits. Game-create limits will not make any effect in bots, they clean entire acts before open a new game. Its a f***ing useless system. Use captchas, dude.VeGaara55 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 RMAH Blunder So you want to buy something in the RMAH, let me get this straight it COULD take up 72 hours for your transaction to post and then another 72 hours if you decide to buy something for it to verify. So effectively in the digital world Blizzard is slower than the actual USPS; pretty impressive I must say. What security feature requires this? If Blizzard runs their company like this it will surely go out of business; after all they will have to wait 72 hours to verify they can pay a bill, once paying it, it may take 72 hours...oops...lights got cut off..oh wait that explains the servers dropping all the time....things are coming together more clearly now.greg11740 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why did shielding get reset?? One patch they nerf it so shielding mobs don't shield as often now they shield like every 3 seconds. I just wanna know wth and why? Its insane how frequent they shield now. Put on other mods like frozen/jailer and arcane sentries/desecrator and you find yourself runnin all around not being able to put in very decent dps at all or the mobs just surround you and you can't get out and end up dying anyways. LamePerfectfrost12 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 New Hot D3 Trend Supported http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDkNq7_mqj0Eudemonia882 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 1 vs. 1 multi-character pvp I'm just thinking about some improvements of the game.. maybe add a 1 vs 1 multi character pvp. where you choose 3 of you characters to fight in sequence. One Character per round consisting of 3 rounds.. Maybe 3 mages or a combination of barb, mage and monk.. And then like a pvp buff Ex. Lightning Buff ( where all your lightning related attacks get bonuses) and you can get all the nature buff when you complete the inferno mode (ex. lightning, fire, poison...). And maybe an elite buff if you complete the hardcore mode for a certain character.. Then and only then can you use the buff for pvp if you completed such. The game would automatically make your low level boost up to 60 but with limited skills. So its better to join with all 3 level 60's.. Its for end game..so players would want to complete inferno..And that buff is per character that finishes inferno.. 3x is just an example..maybe just 1x would be okay..if you choose not to finish inferno you get the general buff (ex. protection from fire ).. but the advantages of focusing your gear on certain elemental bonuses would benefit your character if you get the bonus elemental buffs when you finish inferno..It might take time but you'll get there... i don't know how they would balance it..maybe i guess they would get some ideas on those card games like MAGIC the gathering.. there's this blue deck..green deck etc..so in diablo 3 its ( fire,lighting..pure poison..pure holy..etc.. ) the combination of characters and certain elemental bonuses would determine your win..Cause im thinking that even if you have the toughest character, these elemental bonuses would surely make a weakness for one of your characters in the game..JONATS3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 So did Mf give you more rare mods in D2? I thought they told us it worked exactly how it did in D2? Now we learn MF effects number(not quality) of mods? I know its an election year but please guys don't lie to us too much more!CptNinjetty3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Crafting Spreadsheet Everyone in the Diablo 3 Community, this is my attempt of 'giving something back'. I have had a lot of help with builds, itemisation, etc etc, so I hope this helps someone else equally. Today I noticed I had a lot of gold. With this I wanted to craft a load of stuff. However, it was more annoying than I remember it being on a 'large scale'. As a result, I made this spreadsheet, which is linked to below. Capabilities: The spreadsheet is editable to be able to accommodate for whatever you want to mass produce. It will calculate how much you need to spend in order to craft your desired amount, and will even compensate for what materials you currently have. For discussion purposes, let's use Fiery Brimstones. In the spreadsheet under "Current Inventory" it is listed as 3 (let us pretend you have 3 in your inventory). That effects the "Purchase Quantity" which would originally be 80. "Brimstone/Piece" is how many Fiery Brimstones you required to make 1 of the item. "Cost/Piece" is an approximate value which you should change every time you craft. "Purchase Quantity" is how many you need to purchase to craft your desired amount. "Cost" is the total cost of all the Fiery Brimstones. Down the bottom is "Total Cost" which is everything added together, obviously. As a result, all you have to edit is: The title? :p Seven Sins isn't for everyone I guess. Your "Current Inventory" every time you craft. Item/Piece to calculate correctly because it is currently setup for Seven Sins. Cost/Piece to calculate the days price more correctly (I always round up a bit). I hope it helps someone out there. Thumbs up / bump etc if you find it handy! Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39047649/Crafting%20Spreadsheet.xlsxDrValk4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 How to keep myself amuse...THORNS! So....after finishing Diablo Inferno before the game hit 1 month released, I had go on and got a total of 4 characters to inferno... but game is too repetitive....so I decided to do things differently with my main Barbarian... Work pretty good all normal mobs in act 1 inferno, except I have to get off my lazy butt and fight during elites... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30uvkOoPmacHillwind15 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Chests! Maybe allow nephalem valor mf to apply to them, so they don't feel like such a massive letdown every time they're opened. Or perhaps take away their deceitful golden promise-of-riches glow. *shrug*Sprayosaurus11 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 If Jay named a weapon after himself So back in Diablo 2 there was a unique legendary mallet named schaefer's hammer. Clearly named after the one and only Erich Schaefer. It was pretty decent back when LoD was initally released before all the crazy runewords erupted. I remember thinking, man that item is freaking awesome with its special little AOE proc to reduce enemy health by 25%.. Anyways, if Jay named a weapon after himself and put it into D3 what would it be called? And what would it do?Baddudez51 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Any new about the maintenance today?? Any one know about the maintenance schedule for todayandyiano0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 No scheduled maintenence for 7/17? I can't find an announcement for it anywhere. Am I wrong?Snaetch16 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 One ring to rule them all (New Unique Ring) Not Drop. Purchase with Blizzard Fund. Solve all the problem, drop rate, item quality. http://www.i4tos.com/the_ring.pngXentra20 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Why I log in at night To remind myself that Life could get much worse. I could work for blizzard on the Diablo 3 team. It puts a pep in my step everytime. Get Some boys Get Some.Racattack0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 No maintenance today? no announcement yet, so today will be the historic no-maintenance-tuesday?MatriX6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Will there be a patch today? Just checking since I'm working from home but no announcement yet.gametime2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 D3 different if there was a monthly fee? If D3 released with a monthly fee of $5, $10, whatever, would it have been different? I think there would of been no RMAH which is one major problem. And Blizzard would of have to find a way for you to keep playing every month, which = endgame. I know a lot of you would say that I am not going to pay monthly, but the hype of D2 leading to D3, I sure would of tried it. Maybe Blizzard thought that making an everlasting game with a monthly fee would compete with themselves. I dunno. So much potential, so much suck. lol.Gattocheese17 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 So I've Pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 I have watched many video about Guild Wars 2 gameplay. It seems fun so I pre-purchase it. Going to play the beta in this week. Hhehe Blizzard, I love Diablo 3, I really do. But I start feeling bored about this game. I haven't finished Inferno but I see no point proceeding the game. I hope you can come out something or give me a reason to play it. Now, I just log in and check out the Auction House to make some gold. =(HawkXtream23 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 dear blizz fix mf drop rates lolOutcasT7772 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 MF work for Gems/Recipe drops? Topic, Ive been wondering this for a while and no one seems to know.Gweel0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 1hand Xbows and Quivers What the hell is wrong with the loot i dont realy understand , but how is this possible to loot 24/7 all the time everywhere xbows and quivers . At the first i though this is just bad luck , but then when i saw the AH it was LAWAWWAWW . there much more 1hand xbows and quivers then everything alse . 1 hand mele weapons are very very low with good dmg , but not 1hand xbows , u can buy a xbow super duper imba for 1.000.000 for those gold u can get full of !@#$ 1hand weapon wich wont even give u chance in act2 inf . Its that a only my bad expiriance in game or u guys see alot of those too ?ZanDDefender0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Another 2 mil gold dissapears what? First post, I'm in investor IRL and regret "investing" far too much time in the game even after the patch trying to stay a loyal customer as I have been for years. Regardless of how we all knew the RMAH would destroy D3 it was also a big incentive to play $D3$. The gameplay has been broken and probably always will be. It is no lie this game was build on an interest for business, not people. So, I had about 10 mil gold to play around with once I quit playing the "boring" part of the game, and that's the gameplay. And started playing the AH as I would a market. Bidding on every valuable piece of item on the gold AH and placing my winnings on the RMAH. It was no huge money maker but was fascinating to be able to take a real money share of your in-game earnings. However, I soon find not only is the gameplay broken, but the AH is as well. The system never returned gold for many failed bids, I've lost almost half of what I originally farmed up mysteriously. This is only gold and I have been lucky enough to not get screwed by the broken system on real currency. I've heared many stories about people who have lost real money and hundreds at that by playing the RMAH, and unable to resolve anything through lawsuits. I really feel for these people, and it is truely a shame a company does not set this as a priority and reimburse if at all, in a timely manner. Let alone fix what has been such a sensitive system making real money dissapear? Or may it be intended? Shhh, secrets... Blizzard has been an excellent company with the best titles to ever have launched. When overwhelmed with success, the hunger for more success only becomes stronger, how can we make more money? How far can we tip the scale of customer satisfaction vs profit? I've visited these forums often and the answer is obvious. Blizzard, shame on you for taking such a corporate turn. May other gaming industries learn from this. This game has been the worst investment I have ever made. Good bye.Reign1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 High DPS/Tanky Monk LFM A3Inferno FARM 'FARM' means 'FARM', not carry you through A3. please have sufficient gear to survive and kill stuff fast. 10k DPS tanks need not apply. twitch.tv/twelveday <- me farming now if anyone is interested Soundb#1770 add me in game if interestedSoundb1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Items inflation and durability. solution Hallo guys, Here is an idea of how to make good items really worth something and to get rid of the item inflation , as we see, items are cheaper and cheaper each day, cause there are more and more of them, but there is more and more gold in Diablo 3 each day either.. AH takes 15% , repairs takes not so much gold, and crafting...very low amount of people are crafting..so acctually there is about 20% gold OUT of the world and 80% goes IN the world every day. And items? item amount is growing every day , and there is no any way to take those items out of the world. so if now stormshield cost 3-5kk , after half a year it will cost 1-3kk , later - cheaper.. and i'm talking not only about legendary items.. so, here is solution: example, item has 50/50 durability , when you repair item it has 49,95/49,95, one more repair it has 49,90/49,90 - so it's about 20 repairs for 1 point of durability .. so if you have 50 durability item, you can repair it 1000 times and then it's fully boken. so it would help to move some items out of the diablo 3 world. another aspect, a lot of people would disagree with me about durability loss, so, there is another solution.. want to have best item with no durability loss? pay for it . so you go to crafter and pay 300k for 10% of max durability. the numbers and % may vary, but i guess the idea is clear and useful who is with me? P.S sorry for bad EnglishHakuna14 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Game limit? How abt just make the D3 fun? Re-enable limit again? How about stop wasting resource on these nonsense and actually make D3 fun to play? For starter: Add more filters to the AH so we don't have to spend hours on search any items. Yes, I KNOW I KNOW. Jay Wilson says it is fun to spends hours on AH to look for the perfect items.Chris3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 >>> [OMG NERF PATCH NOTES] Jay Wilson Meeting ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS THREAD EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE ARE ENTIRELY FICTIONAL. THE FOLLOWING THREAD IS WORKING AS INTENDED AND DUE TO ITS CONTENT IT SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED BY ANYONE. //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------// Mike Morhaime, Frank Pearce, Rob Pardo, and Chris Metzen are all sitting inside a gargantuan conference room with plush leather seats. Morhaime: Well, Gentlemen, we've done it yet again. Executed a perfectly good game that has broken record sales. Pearce: Mike, we've gotten reports that our fans love the new game designs and incredibly crafted story line. Metzen: It's true, the story is one of the most important parts of the Blizzard pillars and our fans have recognized how much effort and thought was utilized to create such a masterpiece. Pardo: Let's toast to a bottle of champagne, shall we? Morhaime: After the meeting with Jay Wilson. He's going to update us on the current development. Pearce claps his hands and from beneath the floor, a hydraulic chair slowly emerges carrying Jay Wilson. ... Metzen looks at Jay Wilson and rubs at his mouth. ... Metzen coughs and hints to Jay that he has something on his mouth, yet he is completely oblivious. The other executives stare at Jay's food covered face and shirt with ketchup stains. ... Metzen: You didn't change the story did you? ... Morhaime: Perfect. So you have been listening to our stock investor meetings Jay? ... Pardo: So people don't farm any of the bosses correct? ... Pardo: Wouldn't that cause gold to go up and prices to inflate? ... Metzen: I knew you were a genius when we hired you. ... Morhaime: What about botters? Have you been able to track their movements. ... Pardo: It's true, people like cookies. ... Metzen: I think we need to open that bottle of champagne gentlemen!Lexi1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Now that there's duping.. Is there any chance the prices are finally going down? It's gonna damage the economy long term, but I hope they'll sell 1300 dps bows for 100k gold or less. lolLoler2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 In Response to Lylirra REAL LIFE THREAT POST HELP! IMMA KILL MYSELF! SLOWLY! *No, I did not remove the original post due to scare tactics, I infact decided to put up another violation of threats against myself! CAN I NOT THREATEN MY DAMN SELF IN PEACE WITHOUT BEING REPORTED LYLIRRA?* I still think I outta get me one dem der kamakazi planes and drive it into blizz. Anyone got one fer sail? *FOR THOSE WHO GOT IT, ENJOY THE LAUGH, IM DRUNK AND PASSING OUT NOW, PEACE* @MALICE, Before I crash, FYI, I was on the far end of Vesey Street in New York City when the attack occured. I saw it pretty well. Preach it to someone who gives a !@#$ and learn to take a joke, still. I doubt you were much closer than I was. I was 22 at the time, im 33 now, ya, it was in 01, I remember. Do the math...I lived off staton island at that time...so preach to someone else. Had to put this on main post so you could see it...seriously...preach to someone else.Materva84 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Jay Wilson is like Gabe Newell Every time people call Gabe Newell fat, Episode 3 gets delayed. Every time people call Jay Wilson fat, diablo 3 gets worse.Cosmos1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Taking a break until 1.0.4. ?? Who's with me?Phoenix11 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Either I'm a klutz or its just bad design I hate it when i accidentally click and drag the skills on the bottom of the screen. I thought at first that it was some sort of bug that makes my skill disappear thus losing my NV stack. It. turns out that the icons can be dragged. Why can it be dragged in the first place? I know I'm dumb for accidentally doing it, but there should be some sort of warning message or something. I don't know, I'm just really frustrated at losing my NV stack. :/Loler3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 So Blizzard a dupe exists... And it relies on the lag caused by your "flawless" online only game. What will you do now?Deceit2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 You guys are getting Ricky Rolled hard.TimGbow8 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 GUIDE: Should I play Single- or Multi-player? So your new to Diablo 3 and want some advice on what to play and when? Here's a few tips that can help you decide... Play Public Games if you: Have bad gear and can't kill anything yourself. Have not completed all quests and still want to slowly progress while taking a break/nap, or while letting your 5 year old little brother try the game for you. Have no Magic Find or Gold Find stats on your gear, but don't mind borrowing some from your teammates who invested in it. Loves to meeting new players in your game every 3rd minute. Don't mind teammates pulling surprise challenges into the already ongoing elite pack fight. Want to be able to very slowly down a boss...while you are dead. Wan't to confirm that there are still real people playing Diablo 3 (but don't expect human communication, so could still be bots...). Don't mind waiting for AFK players, for an unspecified amount of time. Like the challenge of killing monsters alone, that has several times more Hit Points than normally (but no additional rewards). Wan't co-op achievements. Like the aspect of WoW where you can go to town and hangout with other players, that are also just chilling/webbrowsing/crafting/vendoring/afk'ing... Play Singleplayer if you: Can in fact kill stuff yourself. Want's to farm as efficient as possible and kill monsters as fast as possible. Don't want to wait for anyone but yourself, and likes to control where and what to farm. Have invested in Magic Find or Gold Find gear, and want to benefit from that investment. Likes to earn an additional Magic Find and/or Gold Find bonus a Follower. Likes a teammate that ironically makes the game seem more social Don't like to loose goblins due to other players unawareness or lack of presence.Gabriel5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Potential Scam - Unidentified Items I was thinking about buying and selling unidentified items today and a thought occurred to me. -Items stats are determined when the item drops rather then when it is identified. -Unidentified items stats are stored on the client and server when the game is running. -A player could somehow read the Diablo 3 game data from RAM and determine the stats of an item without identifying it. -A player could then buy up a bunch of unidentified items, cherry pick the good ones and then sell back the crappy ones as unidentified. I'm not sure if this is a real concern or not but it definitely could be assuming the first 2 points are true.CptMorgan21 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 The Only Thing I'm Angry About... ...is that I paid $60 for a game that's the equivalent of a Xbox Live Arcade game in regards to depth and complexity. This game really should've been around the $20 mark with the lack of content in the game at this point. Silly brand names.Drash1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 It's 2012, what's up with crappy chat channel It's 2012, what's up with crappy chat channel & no clan support ? diablo 1 has a better battlenet 15 years ago.Creolophus10 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 ATTENTION: People who bought the CE! I'm sorry.Sikrus11 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Inferno Izual no rares Hi I just beat Izual in inferno with 5 stacks and got only 2 blues. Arent bosses meant to drop rares?AngelTyreal5 Jul 17, 2012