General Discussion

Jul 11, 2012 Asking for patch but not downloading! I know there is a patch today but the game is asking for a patch when i try to log in, it leads me to the launcher to download the patch but it doesn't download it, it also says "Diablo III is already running", it won't download any patch.Kryptonx1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Just curious about devs and set gear... When they were creating them, did they just look at D2's set gears as separate pieces and not realize that they have bonuses if you equip the full set? Did no one seem to think it odd that a 5-pc set only has bonuses for 4-pcs? Any chance that this might actually be fixed? I realize that the devs that made D3 are not the same crew as the ones that made D2 but we as players kinda expected that if you have Tal Rasha's or Immortal King's full set, you at least get bonuses, if not glow lol.lahdeedah12 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Please put seller and buyer name on AH! Why should we have it?Because everyone who sold any item to any 3rd party like auction must state their name isn't it?So we can bargain with him to get the best value from both (buyer and seller) and that's the main point of trading. Why don't you give it?Because you're afraid that we know any item on AH was sold by non existant player or was generated by machine.. In recent patch fix you always fix AH, AH, AH from search result, crash fix but never about this. anyway for the beta tester, is AH available in beta?or like I and everybody said, do they just give us a "beta game"? (you know AH was down for nearly a week at 2nd week or so after release)tyo079 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Blizzard can u just let us manual patch? Good day blizzard, can you just put that new patch on website like other online game for us to patch manually instead of your never working auto patch? Its not like this is the first time the auto patch fails.HelloWorld0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Updater not working? "Diablo 3 already runnin It says I need to update/close so I do and it says "Diablo 3 is already running" then closes. wtf.TuroviK47 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Updating Patch It wont let me update it, it lets me get to the login screen then says i have to go and patch... i go to the box where you click play and it says game is up to date..... I did this many times and still does it. can someone help me out?!iiHectic3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Hi can someone be my friend pls. Hello, can someone who loves to talk and derp around pls be my friend coz 99% of my friends quit and i m a lonely wiz. I m a lvl 60 normal wiz who is able to kill act 1 inferno zombie. If you are asian please let me know :D insomnia#6530.insomnia1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Have you sold any gems on the rmah ? Just wondering if anyone has sold or bought any gems off the rmahParadox3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Never can post cause it's reached it's limit "We don't think "doing a lot of damage" or "doing too much damage" is enough reason for us to nerf something outright" Yet you punish us if we don't do enough damage too. Blizzard: "here is a enrage timer for you cause you aren't doing quite enough damage, while it looks like you almost had that group killed you were to slow and we don't want to watch you take you time with that so here is the death button." "now if you please refer to the operational manual and enjoy your shopping experience on our newly desighned GAH or RMAH, you to can continue to progress in the game. We found that running bosses over and over for drops to be boring so we implemented shopping at k-mart for your gaming fun" Please remove all legendarys and sets so I can stop pretending that they will drop. Besides if a legendary weapon was used by some great warrior of time forgot it's clear to us now why he/she died, their weapon sucked so bad they couldn't kill a fly let alone a horde of waller/jailer/vortex/invunerable/ mortor monsters. (in a 3 mins time frame)TimAGriffith0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Suggestion: Differentiate TP and ID animation Haven't seen this suggested before, and it's definitely a minor issue, but it would be helpful to know whether someone you're playing with is just ID'ing an item or is about to disappear! Something as simple as changing the color, for example making the item ID glow purple instead of blue would work.Nýx1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 My take on how to fix the game With the objective of being constructive as opposed to destructive in making my comments, here are my two cents on how to fix it. it's probably the hundredth post on how to save the game. Please forgive me if i'm stating ideas that are already out there as I don't spend much time on forums... However I felt like I needed to say how I felt, in the hope it would help Blizzard improve the game Bashiok's statement that blizzard intended for D3 end-game to remain popular based on the item hunt only, should not be invalidated. Item hunt (even on it's own) would be good enough (it was for D2). However item hunt is broken as is, and there is no incentive to spend countless hours item hunting as the game stands today. Fix 1: Create new Uniques with more unique stats/mods (ie that can't be found on yellow) and also some Uniques that are vastly more powerful in order for people to want to farm them Fix 2: Make Uniques drop more often. Seriously, call me unlucky but in a month and a half of gaming, I haven't seen the color of a unique on the ground Fix 3: You should allow for some areas of the game to be more MF friendly. However you should change those areas every week/month and not tell the players which area has now become more profitable to farm. Some people like farming... and they'll be happy to hunt the area and then farm it. it'll be a new hunt every week/month. Fix 4: put back the double gear as in D2, most players preferred it that way (relative to the MF debate on gear swap) Fix 5: allow for larger inventories (ok maybe it's not a fix, but i'm fed up with having to do inventory management) Fix 6 - Auction house : allow for at least 50 bids at any time - instead of 10 currently. it's very frustrating to be farming at a higher speed than the goods are selling on the auction house --> hence my inventory management issues. Please don't tell me about the server & storage costs of storing a few extra bits of data per player... Fix 7 - Auction house : it would be extremely helpful if you added a feature that would give you the approximate pricetag / sell price on the auction house, based on the stats and on the last 50 similar trades. This is important, especially as you like to cater to the newbies - and it takes a newbie (and others) a lot of research time for each item they want to sell to estimate the right selling price. By the way, you're already doing it for the commodities, so it shouldn't be that far fetched to do it for the items Fix 8: in inferno, DH is too much of a glass cannon (don't know how to fix it yet) Thx for reading me, Comments are welcomeCosalito11 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Party Matchmaking...my 2 cents I actually love this game...sure, there are some things that I think need some tweaking but the game is still a baby and will hopefully grow to be more well-rounded...but 1 pet peeve I have is getting in a Butcher run and we have 1 guy who wants to play solo (though they claim they don't want to, but the only time they fight with the rest of the team is during elite mobs and bosses)...usually aggro-ing the mobs so that the rest of us have to deal with them. Although I kinda understand the reasoning behind the current party matchmaking system, I kinda hate getting thrown in a party that is actually a Whimsyshire party, or a zerg party, or not knowing if it is clear nearly all of act 1 party (extreme pre-stacking). Or getting in a party that is just about to or has just entered Highland Pass (I'm in Act 1 Inferno, but enter part of quest that makes it almost impossible to get even 4 stacks of NV before boss fight) I'd like the option to CHOOSE to join a zerg-party, or a mf-party, or afk-party, or whatever.lahdeedah0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Log in Problem I can't log in server it keep saying a new patch for diablo 3 is available. the game will close and apply the patch automatically. you will able to continue playing after the patch has been applied. after the patch done its saying game is up to date. but when i log in its saying again the game will close and apply the patch automatically. you will able to continue playing after the patch has been applied. so i just waste my money for this game - i bought this game for 80 aus dollar so this game is !@#$ing bull%^-*Dlor0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 This game is the suq. 1. log in 2. join random group in public game 3. click on flag to port to party 4. game lags on my very good pc with excellent internet connection 5. when the screen resolves (finally) confronted with "you are dead" screen 6. repair at base 7. log off, exit Kind of reminds me of Duriel but then without fun, good loot, interesting story etc. etc. etc.Emrikol1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Back in time.... If u could go back in time and someone tolds u... buy diablo 3 for 60 e what u will asnwer to him?veleno3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 New patch not working. It says I need to download a new patch and when I click yes it says the program isnt repsponding and it needs to close. Just a heads up blizzard.Daskro52 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Don't worry be easy 不需悲伤,总有一天,一个划时代的游戏会重新出现!(ZT) 总有一天,一个划时代的游戏会重新出现,这个游戏,有NB的画面和华丽的特效,简单易懂的入门和高深莫测的进阶,精彩刺激的战斗场面和悬念迭起的胜负局面,要打好他,你需要NB的运营和劲舞团一般超人的手速,需要围棋选手的大局观和百米冠军的反应速度,需要斯诺克选手一样的精准和门前射手一般的嗅觉。 但是即使你上面这些一个也没有,你也可以和你的老婆、老爸、老妈、老板、老板娘、老板的小姨子、老板小姨子的室友等等A的有来有回有滋有味 她的战术好像是无穷无尽的,他的兵种组合好像是一望无垠的,你可以靠操作用劣势组合劣势战术打赢对手,也能开运营用海量数量打赢对手,当然你也可以靠防守反击消灭掉冒进的对手 他的种族是不平衡的,但是放在不同的地图上就平衡了,他的地图是可以自制的,所以经常出新的新补丁带来了新意,但是却不会破坏游侠的平衡 最后,他MD他是有局域网的,TMD他的兵种是不聚团的,最重要的,它的设计团队没有光头哥,哦了个 This is a Article from our Forum. Translation: Don't worry be Happy! We would saw An epoch-making game in further We would get more better gameplay footage and Cool Gaming experience from it,easy to play but hard to master.The exciting battle will stir your blood,the ending you hardly to guess.The olny way to control a game is to get a harder Training. Even though you not a Prop,you can still play it with your friends,families even your Boss!Endless fun! The Tactical is infinite,you can use hundreds kind of tactics to trample your enemy! The race is unbalanced ,but it will be balanced on different map,you can also make your own map,the new patch will brought new ideas,not break the balance. In addition ,the most important is that it has a damm LAN MODE,and the unit will not Agglomerate like fools,Its R & D team did not have 'GUANGTOU GE' Dustin Browder who from Westwood(I like your C&C3 ,ture! :X).Oh damm Yeah! Do you know ?in my coutry , blizzard is a symbol.暴雪出品,必数精品.it means your game must be the most fun.I believe that for 10 years,Now only disappointment in return. Now see what you do,Starcraft's OnGameNet StarLeague is going to end.We not willing to let it end like that! We said StarCraft is a gift from God made by Blizzard,but how is the starcraft II(C&C5 or Red Alert4?) and Dialio III. Now Blizzard is still Blizzard,but the Craft is no Craft ever.FooD1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Classic Diablo 3 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2132k5f&s=6 I'm still trying to figure out why the beam won't reach him, yet when i switched to Magic Missile or w/e it's called He lost that *17 hp, I shoulda screened the kill after I guess.Gajeel2 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Demented Fallen Elites One quick question, are they supposed to exist? If so, please explain how do we kill them on inferno level, thanks!TwistinG0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 FIX the LOGIN Problem plz Its almost 24 hours after yesterday new patch, no method can do to login, is it going to let it stay in this status and the players need to wait until next tuesday to " TRY " again? Blizzard staff reply plz.Windwww11 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Installation problem "If your installation disc has been ejected, please reinsert it and try again. If not, or if you keep seeing this error, please log in to Battle.net and Install Diablo 3 digitally." Anyone pre-downloaded digital version got the same problem? This message just keep coming out and won't let me install the game!Schneizel24 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 is it possible to ask for a refund? it has not been once already and it is happening again. I dont have time to redownload your glitchy patch game everytime it patches. And I seriously think you have an issue with your game. You obviously released this game conveniently. Everything you do a patch maintainanence you go down for 5 hours for some "whatever?" issues and you launch your "patch" with us the players having to deal with your crappy client which cannot auto patch at all. So can the majority of the players get a refund and maybe you can see if your Diablo 3 is still the topselling game like when it launched and got us in a mirage thinking it will be a nice proper game. Cause currently all i see are tons of crap happening to ppl like me who just wan to play the game. And tons of players quitting as well. All i ask is for your to get your game straight and we play it or just give us the option of gettting a refund. You really need to wake up blizzardBloodofhades2 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 DEFINE: Soon. I generally don't post on these forums but I do read the vast majority of the highlighted blue posts at the top of the forum section as very rarely one of the posts is informative or positive news. I do see the word "soon" a lot from the blue people but nothing really happens. I am not quite sure if we have the same definition of soon or not. I can understand why you don't like to give exact dates and times as it's easier to leave people in the dark. Also you managed to give us exact dates previously, turns out they were well and truly wrong and you had to push that back date anyway (RMAH). I now have an understanding as to why this soon word is regularly used. It is good to see the vocabulary has been some what extended with new words like "don't know" and "we hope". I am curious, is there any structured plan at all? Or do you just deal with some of the minor issues that may arise and get round to PvP when you feel like it? Oh well I guess I will have a quick game with some scrubs in a public game as all my mates with the game have since grown impatient and stopped playing. Hopefully I manage to last a little more than 30minutes as the idiots I will be partnered with are rubbish and dead set clueless. /vent.Swiftz8 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Help: Authenticator Options Hey guys, I was wondering what viable methods are currently available for account security via an authenticator. It's of my understanding that a free app for smartphones and iPads and such is available, and of course there's the physical authenticator as well. My question is if dial-in authentication is still viable or not (I believe this is having Blizzard text your cell phone with the auth code). I'd certainly prefer to use that method than having to purchase a physical auth considering I have no smartphone. If this method is still viable, and anyone has used it, feel free to let me know how it worked/is working for you. And if there's any methods I missed, please let me know. I'd surely like to try selling some items via RMAH :P Thanks for your help! Sincerely, D3K#1981D3K1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 D3 gonna die really soon D3 is going to die really soon with blizzard's bad server connections, game lags, letting bots play, and ah prices. Just sad, such a nice game, but's already boring and it's frustrating when you lag so much, that you can't even stay alive....Matik19778 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Who's leaving D3 now till patch 1.0.x ?? Who's leaving say YES or NO.Drohmar10 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Funny story Well, this is what happened. Here in Australia we can't download the patch yet, I saw on the forum where people posted that changing the language solved the issue. So I tried it and changed the language to Korean and I was able to download the patch in 20+ minutes. Now I can't change my language back and I've been trying for over 10 minutes. Anyone help? I know the setting button is 2nd on the left and then I've tried changing multiple options and still wouldn't work... Sigh I blame Blizzard for this patch issue and yes I'm an idiot for even trying.Willynoob2 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 A casual gamer question....... For me and lots others, it seems blizzard will not address what I think IMHO the biggest problem with Diablo 3. The "pay to win" attitude. Why they can't increase the drop rates, decrease the cost of repairs, give us gamers the option to play and get decent gear without being forced to use the AH is beyond me. There will always be players that will use the auction house to sell, make money. Just seems like us casual gamer/poor person is left out in the cold. What do you guys think?tymothy0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 My scoundral said it all. Well we fought our way hard and furious to the loric passage above the highlands. when we got there with 5 stacks of valor i saw a chest. Scoundral; my theif sences are tingling So i run over and open chest, out pops a grey item, not even white, And the only item in the chest. Scoundral; Well that was a disapointment. I shake myhead in disbelief then just sit here wondering if the strenght i have left to go foward is enough to sustain me. Logged out.Jackeler19 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Less drops and better affixes combos: Y or N Yes! Because I don't want to see anymore crap yellow items, specially in inferno..... no more strength ONLY on mage wands (I understand if there's strength AND intelligence) and so on... Apart the chance of drop and rolls' tiers, why someone will ever have to choose an ilvl60 item over an ilvl63 one if they have the same hero level requirement? You need to give us an incentive to use them, for example lower costs (by default) to repair ilvl60...Mau2Due0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Suggestion to MF share in Multiplayer games On the problem of sharing MF with your group: Why not, instead of averaging out the MF for every player or not sharing at all, give a collective bonus to all the players' single MF depending on the sum of all MF. Example: Player 1 has 200% MF, Player 2 has 50%. If both of them group together they could get, lets say 10% added, so 200% + 50% / 10 = 25% Player 1 has then 225% and Player 2 has 75%. Maybe even put a cap of 50% for the bonus, so with 4 people having 400% MF they dont end up adding another 120% to each other. This would encourage grouping, much like the group bonus exp in WoW and other MMOs. Yes, some might say, they could just park party members in town and go out solo. BUT, then monsters are harder to kill and take longer. Don't think that's worth it in the long run. Keep the bonus low enough, that people don't HAVE to join public games, but add a little bonus if they do. :)Rhellik0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Monster Affixes re: Lylirra's Post Two things I want to get out of the way up front, before I get into constructive criticism (this applies to the second thread I'm going to create about the AH after this one): 1) I find myself thoroughly enjoying this game still, and I've got well over 200 hours logged. You guys made an amazing game. Great work! 2) I don't normally post on forums, and this is going to be a long post, but please take time to read the whole thing. I put a lot of thought into it. Thanks! Now, on to the feedback... ... These three look good in-and-of themselves. ... Maybe it's just me, but the following affixes have always seemed like they're not too bad to deal with, and therefore shouldn't be limited to just one: Illusionist, Health Link, and Avenger. I should note almost all of my time as been spent as a Wizard. I just got a Barb to Act III Inferno and haven't seen much of a problem with these either, but maybe I'm just not playing classes that have serious issues with these. ... As part of the give-and-take here, I do see some affixes that I'd consider quite difficult to deal with in this category. Let's go down some of these problems point-by-point: Fast. As a Wizard, trying to deal with Fast creatures is a giant pain because keeping the creatures away from me is nearly impossible. If Fast combines Shielding, Vampiric, Horde, or god forbid, Invulnerable Minions, I find the effects can be devastating, even on my Barb. (I generally have to skip such groups or, best case, kite and die multiple times to kill them.) As such, I think it belongs in the "Defensive" category. Jailer, but only in certain situations. Jailer on champion packs is invariably rough to deal with. For champion packs, I think Jailer should be considered "Strong CC". Also in champion packs, I think Jailer should be mutually exclusive with Desecrator, though I understand if that starts to get into coding too complex of rules for affixes. (I've taken down such packs without too much trouble in some cases, but the whole "unavoidable death" thing can get annoying.) Molten + Plagued. I've found that for my Barb, this combo is almost always lethal. I will grant that I don't have the highest resists, but I do have more than 300 in every category (save one, which I think is Fire or Poison, but even that's 294) with War Cry + Impunity. It seems to me this particular combo would be overly tough for melee classes. If you throw Electrified or Fire Chains into that combo, it gets even worse. Strong CC abilities + Frozen or Jailer (if it's not moved to Strong CC) or Waller. These weaker CC abilities when combined with the stronger ones can be rather frustrating, especially on champions. Getting out of range of a Frozen burst only to get pulled back into it by Vortex isn't a whole lot of fun. So, given some of these concerns of mine that would otherwise require some special-case coding per-rule, I actually have a solution I'd recommend: add more special classes of affixes, like Strong CC and Defensive. Here are the new ones that I propose: "Anti-Melee" or "Damage Zones" (Limit 1): Molten Plagued Electrified Fire Chains "Weak CC" (Limit 2 and may not appear with "Strong CC"): Frozen Waller Jailer (I still debate whether I'd put this here. If I moved it to "Strong CC", I'd change the rule for this category to "No limit, but may not appear with Strong CC".) I think that would go a long way to fix the problems I've seen.DragonLord1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Unable to log in after patch Hi guys, I am unable to log in after the new patch. After entering my username and pw, it mention an automatic update is required before being able to play. But after it automatically restart the game, there is no update and the launcher says game is up to date. Anyone know how can i resolve this?Kouichi0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 I still cannot patching from yesterday Alvinwillz60 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 How I know torchlight 2 is going to be good.. I played the beta and it was pure awesomeness. Haters be hating about the graphics but hey.. look at diablo 3 without darkd3 and cry me a river. Also.. Max Schaefer(main man of runic games) got a tattoo with a character from torchlight. He wasn't drunk so you know torchlight 2 is going to be a good game.. I mean whos dumb enough to put a !@#$ty game's character on your leg. You don't see Jay Wilson putting a Witch Doctor on his leg. This post is all fun and games... I am going to play both Diablo 3,TL2, Path of Exile(beta member), and Grim Dawn.Bitcrusher0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Female Barb Umm, could you slim the look of the female barb down. She looks really awkward. Very mannish. We get that she's tough. Saweet. She's a big gal. How about droppin her down a few sizes, leave the height and hair color. But trim the fat there. She's just yuck. Just sayinJuggernaut79 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 End of Diablo 3? I can currently solo everything in inferno. Some monsters like Ghom take a lot of kiting but for the most part Inferno mode is cake. So is there anything else that anyone has found like Pandemonium Diablo... Or uber bosses. Whimsy is a Joke as far as Difficulty. I can still of course just grind out siege for better gear but whats the point when I can solo everything. Hopefully someone has found some new content.Stopwatch0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 what is wrong with BLIZZARD * Server status up!!!! but still cant log in * Game maintenance take more then 6hrs * Too many bug Poor programming concept, poor team ,poor gameMangKali4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 erros 12 help erros 12 !!! PleaseNicky18070 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 what do I do now at lvl 60? I am stuck in act 3 hell with my wizard and my gear is no longer cutting it. My gear is !@#$ and I am not doing any serious damage. How do I get to the next level of better gear, more gold, and Inferno mode. I am already lvl 60 and invested a %^-* ton of time in this, but I cannot afford any of the lvl 60 gear I see in AH.DarkDan26 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Things that can improve the end game PVP is coming in 1.1. While it will add some fun, it will not save the poor end game of D3. You need to improve more on certain aspects: 1. Grouping experience One of the big reason for keep playing is the interaction with other people in the game, but now D3's grouping system completely ruined it. Now, almost everybody is playing solo. If it's not my real life friend, I would never want to party with anyone. You patched the monster attack so it doesn't increase with additional players, so that means you realize the problem. However, it's a wrong fix and is absolutely useless. Even in single player the mobs hits hard, so it doesn't matter if their attack is increased or not. The problem is the HEALTH is increased by too much, so the overall difficulty is significantly increased with each additional player. For now with each additional player, the mob health is increased by nearly 100%. That may sounds right, since you have an additional player to do damage. But in fact, each additional player can only add about 50~60% additional dps to the team. Why? because the mobs hits hard, so most of the time we are kiting mobs, and we may not all run to the same direction, so other player may keep chasing mobs and do no damage. Also, not everybody has same level of equipment and dps, that makes people with good dps doesn't want to group with others. The reasonable number should be 50~60% increased health with each additional player. Another stupid thing you made is sharing the MF among group members. Why in the hell should I share my MF with other players in the game, if they have 0% and I have 250%? That makes me want to solo more, because adding other players will decrease my chance of getting items. If the drops are calculated separately, why can't the MF be? Better yet, you should provide bonus to group game to encourage it. Like in D2, with more players in the game, the drop rate is increased, and each players also gets more experiences. You should also buff drop rate in group game, like additional MF or one more guaranteed rare from elite/act boss in 4 players game. 2. Class specific items I don't think people feels it's cool when seeing their wizard using two handed sword to cast spells, but it's what most people do now. In D2 the spell damage depends on skill level, so you wouldn't want to get some high dps weapon. But in D3 everything is based on weapon damage, and those two handed sword/axe/whatever has much higher dps than class specific weapons. You won't have time to completely revamp the system so not everything is based on weapon damage, but at least there are something you can do. For now the class specific items are not even guaranteed to have class specific attributes. Even if they do, those attributes are not enough to trump the additional dps on other type of weapons. So, what you should do is (1) Guarantee that each class specific items will have class specific attributes on it (2) One attribute is not enough. It will take 3 to really attract people. In D2 it was also 3 or even 4. (3) Slightly buff those attributes so they become useful 3. Item drop rate and quality One biggest reason of the end game failure of D3 is your mind set of trying to make money from RMAH. That's completely wrong. The right mind set is to try to make the game good, and let the RMAH develop itself. If the game is good and popular, the RMAH will make you money. But what you are doing now is in completely opposite direction. What you are doing is to do everything you can to try to squeeze more money from RMAH, and don't really care about the game experience. That's why all those secretly nerfing drop rates and item quality, because if there are too many good items, you can't sell things in RMAH. But the big problem is that after all those nerfing, what's the fun remaining for the players? Now it's very common to get full of craps after hours of hunting, and I also can't level up, so why am I wasting my time hunting for trashes? I don't see rewards when I play this, then should I keep playing? If you don't stop trying to make money from RMAH, and put your focus back on making the game good, you are doomed to fail. If nobody is playing, what can you do with RMAH? If many people is playing, you don't even need to care about RMAH. What you should do now is: (1) Make sure that all those trash attributes do not appear on ilv 61 or above items anymore. So we won't see ilv63 items has worse attribute than what I saw on lv30 items. (2) Make sure that for items that will only be used by a class, no other irrelevant attributed will appear on that, like strength on a bow or dex on a two handed axe (3) Make sure that there is at least one damage affix on weapons, so I don't get weapons that has same dps before and after identify. That really sucks. (4) Increase the rare drop rate of ilv61+ items. You think we don't know you secretly nerfed the rare drop rate of all ilv61+ items? In another forum, there is player who record more than 1000 drops, white, blue and rare, to verify the drop rate you announced is correct, and he does that everyday. So we know clearly that after a secret hotfix about one or two weeks ago, the rare drop rate of all ilv61 items are nerfed. That's why we usually see white ilv63 items and then yellow Balor craps on the ground. Again, these kind of secret nerfs is based on the mind set of making money from RMAH, and you should correct that. 4. Face the bots problem and take action on it The bots are really a big problem now. There is now super inflation in Asia server. I have a crossbow that I bought 2 weeks ago with 11 mil golds, and now similar crossbow is asking for 50mil in the AH. The price of every items increase every few hours, so the price is different in the morning and evening of the same day. The problem here is that there are too many bots producing golds with a surprising rate, like billions a day, and there's also rumor that there are gold duping bugs. Anyway, the D3 gold system is completely crashed by all those problems, and you need to fix it by finding them out and banning those accounts. 5. Modify act 4 Nobody is playing act 4. Why? Too much pain, not enough profit. The mobs in act 4 hits so hard, and their attack mode is so unreasonable. Like the big mob that does instant charge. He does not show any sign before he charges, and he can charge from outside of the screen, so how to dodge that? Is there any skill here? No. It just depends on whether your hp and defense can hold one charge or not. You should at least provide a way other than good equipment to deal with this mob. Also, the drop rate of act 4 is not higher, and it's much harder, so why should I waste my time there? Either nerf the difficulty of act 4, or buff the item drop rate and quality.hga85611 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Re: Affixes categories. ... Apologies... the thread this was from has hit its limit. But here's my take on it: I'm thinking Jailer and Waller should be 'Strong CC'. I say that because a lot of the problems that exist with random elite affixes result in things like Jailer Waller, etc, etc, which is way too much CC for one group when combined with some other combinations like Illusionist or Horde. If both of them were considered a 'Strong CC' (*cough* which they are!), then you'd have jailer or waller or knockback or vortex or nightmarish - not a combination of them. So as a suggestion, maybe move Jailer and Waller to the 'Strong CC' section (limit 1) and then see how that goes. And leave Frozen where it is for the time being.Cujo0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Aussie stream! doing free boss runs. Doing free boss runs on any act if you are interested in progression. Feel free to come along just to chat if you want. http://www.twitch.tv/gstargaming#Gskill3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Since the original post has reached it's max. I am referring to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037265679?page=1 OP is entirely correct and made a great great post without QQing or Raging, I really wish the community managers and developers would read it AND take the issues explained to heart. This game has SO much potential it is a shame Blizzard is squandering it. I've been playing less and less and less until I just stopped a few weeks ago without even realizing I had quit. I just naturally did what was fun in my leisure time and a few days ago it dawned on me that Diablo 3 is no longer fun. If the problems the OP mentioned are addressed and resolved I will definitely come back. I would LOVE to come back. At the moment though Diablo 3 is just not fun anymore in it's current state and it is a shame the development team can not see this from the top of their Ivory tower.BadNewsBeard0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Magic Find - my pov Hello, Following the dev blog about the MF gear swapping, I'd like to contribute to the discussion. Here are my points: - Chests and destructible objects should be affected by MF that comes from Nephalem Valor buff and the MF shrine. Right now, they are just a hit to the morale by being useless. - MF should not be shared in a party. I have a good friend, we played D1 and D2 together a lot and right now he invested a lot of time and gold in a good fighting gear for his Barb with nearly 200% MF on it. I don't even have 50% MF on my chars and what happened is that he doesn't really want to play with me anymore. There is already a system in game allowing individual loots. Why not having individuals MF stats? If this is (once again) a limitation to avoid abuses (like a huge MF char following a non-MF char or whatever) please reconsider it and let the players play the game like they want to. A multiplayer game should ALWAYS encourage players to party together. - MF should have a diminushing return like Armor has. The more MF you add, the less effect it has on your %MF. This way, you will encourage players to get MF on their gear, but not too much. And still allowing players who want to swap their gear to do so. Nephalem will provide enough %MF to players who just don't like having the stat on their gear, or who don't want to swap gear during fights. If the break point is around 100% MF, it would be perfect. - We shall see an overall increase of item budget for items above ilvl60. When I drop a poor ilvl63 ring I feel nothing but disapointment. I know forums may not be the best way to evaluate a player base overall feeling, but I surf a lot and all players on forums are complaining about loots. Legendaries are going to be fixed soon, but yellow rares need something to be done about them too. A hack and slash is all about being strong and rampaging through hordes of mobs. It's not really about kitting and being afraid of a single bee. Increasing item budgets would provide better equipements to players allowing them to play the game everywhere they want to. I really like this game, but it would be blind to say it is flawless. Loots and the lack of end game are problematic and we shall discuss a lot about it. :] Thank you for reading me. Sorry for my english writting skill, it is not my native language.Bronto1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Blizzard, r u reading the threads? Personally as a fan of Diablo I feel as though Diablo 3 is lost. Lost in the world where my fellow Diablo fans are fearing it would never be. Im not gonna brag on about the balance of the game and what not. But i will say this, you can still make a change Blizzard! Im sure your reading all the top posts (if not, links down below) and is working to make a change (hopefully). I've pre-ordered the game and even signed up for a Visa card (for the first time) just to do it. Ive played the game day in and night out, despite during my exam periods, only to find out it was letting me down day after day after (hardcoring for a month or so) a few patches came through.. One think I really wanted to say was that the story line...I dont even want to mention it. Just compare that to Diablo 2 story line. Half the reason i played Diablo 2 time and time again was because of that sophisticated well thought out story.. Im havent played D3 for awhile now and am not planning to any time soon. But what i do look forward is for the D3 expansion. All I want to say to Blizzard is this: I still have hope for the future of Diablo 3. Im counting on your D3 expansion to be the best expansion yet to be created in Blizzard history! -Sincerely, from an humble average uni student who have loved, loves and will love Blizzard games. Links for top threads: "A few criticisms before I abandon Ship" http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037265679 "REASONED, CALM EXIT POST: FOR THE DEVS" http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5814181578 "10 Commandments of Diablo 3 from Jay Wilson" http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036615848 "REPOST: Umm...yeah, were we lied to?" http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036645926Dongbin0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Maintain game service than create new patch Its more appreciate if the technical team can focus on the game service than advance on new patch and functions, if the normal or average game service cannot be provided to the players (consumers), then how can the players enjoy new patches? Is it a joke? Its really annoying that the AH always down and the server is sometimes unstable and slow, greatly decrease the " ONLINE GAMING EXPERIENCE " of us.Windwww0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Economy fix: cap GAH and RMAH Compress the market by capping the GAH price of an item at 10,000 x the vendor price (gold you would get if you sold the item to vendor). Lessen a bleed-off to RMAH of high value items by changing cap on RMAH to $100 (or $60...the price of the game). Have an automatic Buyout price on GAH of the maximum amount of the item (10,000 x vendor price). . PROS High level items would go for 20m-ish gold, which is possible to grind through Butcher/Seigebreaker runs. 20b is not People wants to buy/sell on RMAH can still do so, just for not as much Stops endless inflation due to more gold in the market Restricts growth of gold farming/bots. If you can't sell an item for billions then sell that gold via websites etc, then there's not as much point to farming, Any item can be "bought now" on GAH if you're willing to pay the max. . CONS People who have billions might not see a point to continue playing. A very very small con IMO. There will be some bleeding of high level items to RMAH People trying to earn real money will earn less. Again, a small con IMO....supposed to be a gameGhorleo18 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Bot will kill the game diablo3 In the past few days,they use bot to farm gold,now they are using bot to farm equipment in interfo act1.. Plz pay more attention on bot and some sercious bug like HC act 2-8-3 task (it can gain 4-5 task exp just leave and join the house),Any game that cann't banned bot never live too long... or U will lose many common player cuz they cann't find any fun in the game ... gold? gear?no,U cann't do better and a bot work in 24 hours and a computer can run many bot,10-15 bot every computer is easy... no ban no game...alizee0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Did you know that... Cashmere comes from the Cashmere goat. Each Cashmere goat can produce about one pound of fleece per year. China leads the way in worldwide cashmere production.insomnia0 Jul 11, 2012