General Discussion

Jul 10, 2012 just felt the need i just feel the need to state this .... because lately if i go under the support just to see whats going on all i see is complaining for the most part..... i understand that bugs are annoying and wanting to play but this game is not even that old there is gonna be things that need to be fixed... so all i see is people who are gonna complain either way... there is a bug you complain they try fixing it you complain why be happy that they care enough to try to give us good game play... so its pretty obvious that alot of you are being petty and selfish, get over it and let these people do their jobs you arrogant, self minded tools. lets see you do a better job. and a thank you to blizzard for ignoring the fools and doing your jobs ^_^DorianKnelif0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 all i do is cry about diablo post here if u think the people who cry all day are annoying this is your thread. This game was well designed and very playable.. !@#$ and play the game =D that is allwhargarble6 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 On Inferno Tactics I got my monk to 60 and inferno this week thanks to people who've helped me kill bosses or give items so generously. i'm starting to beef out her gear and shop at auction and i've only dabbled in act 2 a little (yes i died) so i'm not experienced enough to make these claims about tactics but i'll just throw these out there. 1) It is imperative that we stick together. Check minimap alot. ~ it's one thing to scout out just a little, it's another thing to wake up half the map. or even just two uniques, or three elite hordes. when these creatures get near eachother they become a raging torrent of destruction. it's simply stupid to wake the map up, especially if you don't know how well your squad performs together. Waking up the map is a good way to ruin your game load or at least, ruin an entire map. 2) If you are forced to retreat, (which will be often), retreat to where you've already cleaned out. Don't retreat further into the map and wake up more bosses. Furthermore, retreat with the squad as best you can. it's a good idea to clean out a little area of trash, an area the squad KNOWS is safe to retreat to. 3)Focus Fire, Focus Fire, Focus Fire. ~Please help me kill this thing that has 800,000 hp's, please? This is only important on uniques and elite hordes. If you see someone picking at trash, dont go kill it to show off, they might have needed some spirit/rage/hatred. 4) Save them health globes if you don't need them. (i only just learned they don't dissappear over time) They might save your bacon if you are forced to retreat. Also, grab a healthglobe that's lying near by if you see a teammate start to die. Try to watch eachothers health and keep eyes open for globes. some peoples items give them a ton of health from a healthglobe. 5) Someone's probably gonna have to tank. ~and that will probably be the person with the lowest DPS. this is what makes #1 so important. This makes 1,2 and 3 tie in. Now I don't know how much DPS is needed to grab agro, and I can't really tell exactly how agro mechanics are working, but i do know there is always a trade off for uber DPS. If you're doing tons of DPS then maybe your resists/armor/life is taking the hit. I think people are aiming too high for DPS at this point (they want the monsters to die fast) But monsters don't die if they've already killed you. Barbs need to beef thier resists and play more like thieves, diving in to get sneak attacks. DH's need to kite around the tanks, not all off into nowhere. WD's, you just... do that mojo you do so well.. heheBoPop4 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Playing Diablo 3 one step at a time OK, so I played in the Beta and started playing off and on from Day 1. I played the sorcered to Act 3 and then used a Monk all the way through. I had saved items for my other characters so that they could play and it was way too easy since the other characters could start fairly well buffed. Now I've played all 5 in Normal and am moving through Nightmare. I think the best thing I've done is keep items that can be of use for all characters. Junk what is not useful like swrods with high intelligence bonuses and keep rest. When I get a new item to replace something that my characters are actually using then I place that on sale that the AH for about 1/2 what I see as the typical asking prices there. All my characters are now about 33-40th level and I have around 250k. Now maybe I'm just a newby. I'm not interested in the multi-million gold priced items. But eventually when all my characters get to inferno I think that continuing on this strategy will give me what I need to beat the game. I only purchase items from the AH that are cheap and give me significant improvements to my DPS or other stats. So far I've played at least 24 hours with each character and have had a lot of fun. After reading a lot of these threads here I just wish people would calm down and remember that its a damn video game. Enjoy it or go buy another game. Constant whining will not help anything. Now the only !@#$% I have is all the people selling stuff here. Can we at least get a moderator to create a new set of forums and move all those threads over to there? Is there anybody else playing the game just for fun or is everyone just farming and complaining?Morpheus10 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 AH should restrict certain price gaps I am aware that there are many people either on US Servers as well as European Servers that have been wondering. Why do people request ridiculous prices for gear? From my personal experiences, I hate the fact that people think their gear is worth 999,999,999 gold. Dude, really? Yeah noted that gold falls from the nether planes however it takes a long time to even get that close and why in the world would I spend all my gold on one item? I know there are a lot of us in game that are very tentative in regards to spending certain amounts of gold for items. My suggestion is that you take a look at the level for that piece of gear, weapon . How many slots does it have 4 slots awesome add 40k to the price, plus say lvl 60 item add 120k-150K, ignore durability loss by all mean jack the price up an additional 75k just because it helps and all the other benefits that the gear has say maybe resist elemental damage 30% for all types add another 20-30k cause hey we all know that elemental damage sucks the life out of your toon. The average price for an level 60+ item that I would be willing to pay for would be 250 -300 k at max unless it is the only item then yeah sorry can not help it I am an impulse buyer.DragonClaws75 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 1.03c is an excuse. How else are they going to justify a weekly 5 hours maintenance? Saying there's a patch made it seem more justifiable for the gullible ones.ttaysg9 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 If your having problems... Buy gear.DarkKnight0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 What's up with all the qq? I admit there are alot of balance issues and some elite packs are like omg hard(which if you remember correctly existed in D2 also), but i had the same problems in d2 cuz for some reason i always play a melee character. I guess im just a glutton for punishment. But, since the games realease I have steadily progressed through item drops and ah purchases(gold only not usd). I went from a rough time in hell, so i farmed what i could, got some decent drops to wear and sell, then moved on to inferno. Act1 inferno was pure death until i tweaked some stuff and was able to farm a little and got some upgrades and moved on to act2 inferno which is where i farm today. Act3 is holy whoa for me but I'm working on it and having fun doing it. I would like to see enrage timers go away but most of all i would just like another skill or two at my disposal, if i had that act3 would be my new farmland. So to everyone crying about this game not being what they hoped it would be I'm just wondering if they approach everything in their lives the same way. Just remember set the bar too high and nothing can clear it. I didnt have any expectations, I just wanted my Diablo fix cuz D2 got too easy too fast and i got sick of it, even though I played for 10yrs LOL. In conclusion, I dont work for Blizzard and I am not a brand advocate, I'm just a casual part time player that is still having fun playing this game and progressing a decent rate in my opinion. So if you are not having fun playing this game just don't play it cuz that is what I have done with every game I have ever played. No fun for me = no play for me, So Have Fun or Don't Play( LOL thats what i tell my kids.)furiousanger0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Release an off-line version! Hey! Don´t you think that´s revolting that you can´t enjoy your product because of server problems? Please Blizzard! Let us people play single player without being conected.DiegoPerin4 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 10AM awwww now what do we do?Spankolot20 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 What can we do as players? They have our money now, they simply do not care. They are simply going to do whatever they feel like and those of us who paid $60 for a working game cannot even get a refund because it is broken. They hide behind rules and regulations that do nothing to help the customer but protects the company. Our only real option is to go post a negative review on any retailer websites to warn away potential new patsies and for those of us like myself who work in the retail industry politely point customers to similar or better games.Whiskeyjack6 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 inferno I dont think they should waste there time fixing stupid bugs.They need to fix acts 2-4 on inferno the elite mods are to fing hard u have to spend hours farming for gold or use paypal just to buy the gear u need to try to make any progress in this game its getting very old fstDAMEON862 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Thank you for real feedback Seriously, I am greatly appreciative of the real feedback from Bashiok and Lylirra on all the concerns that have been expressed by so many. That more than anything else will give me the will to stick with the game. The fact that they are listening and receptive to making changes with an ear to the desires of the community is meaningful. D3 has the bones of a great game. As I and so many others have posted we WANT to play this game and enjoy it. We wanted to be heard and now know that we have been, which gives hope that the game will keep getting better. Again, thanks for the game and the feedback from a devoted Diablo and Blizzard fan.Luminox3 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Please put the "Legendary" back into Diablo 3 First and foremost, Diablo 3 is a fun game, period. If it did not have potential, most of us would not be here "working our butts off" on improvement ideas so that it can fullfill its destiny as one of the greats. However, as a paying customer of Blizzard for many, many years, I feel the need to ask questions on behalf of the product I am receiving. So here it goes; How could Legendary items possibly be designed so carelessly and deliberately terrible and still pass quality control for shipment of this game? In what world could these Legendary items possibly be considered good, or even remotely "legendary"? I believe as loyal customers we deserve more than a forethought into Legendary items and I truely hope that Blizzard completely redesigns these items. Diablo 2 was fun for me for a lot of reasons, and Unique items were a big part of that. Everyone may have their own take on where Legendary items should fit in with this game, but it is my personal opinion that they should fall somewhere between above average rares and best in slot rares. Obviously rares should have been the "best of the best", but to have Legendary items be so deliberately terrible is dissapointing and not befitting of a company as Legendary as Blizzard. The main reason I have created this thread, is not to complain or add more noise to the chaos of these forums, but simply to add another voice in favor of possitive change. It is our duty to make sure that Blizzard hears us and understands that it is simply not enough to bandaid fix Legendary items. I tend to trust Blizzard's decision making with most issues, but to see how they treated Legendary items at release does not reassure anyone. Please put the "Legendary" back into Diablo 3. Thank you for your time.Doctonic18 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Diablo3 vs Wow pvp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G2CZgoIpkE This is wow. Look how many keybinds and these guys are not even pro so macros/focus not there. Missing 6 keybinds. Ok here is diablo3: 1-2. Dps ability 4-5 Utility tools Yei -Sure mist of pandaria looks stupid with pandas and crap but at least it's smooth and more skill required. Besides d3 story and looks looks childish too. And yea it cost 13 euro month but pack of cigar cost 4.50 euros. So 15 packs/month 67 euro. If you smoke 1 pack/day it would be 135 euros/month. I know many people smoke 1pack. So even if you pay for wow you still save 50/100 euro unless you're stupid and smoke of course. Guildwars2? Will be another failure like starwarse, ageofconan and rift lotr and whatnot.Deadcorpse2 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 PvP - will this work? I can't figure out how to get around pay to win... The only solution I could think of is for Blizzard to create two queues for two PvP game types for matchmaking. In one game type Blizzard agrees that it's pay to win and do absolutely nothing. It just matches 4 against 4 similarly matched classes with minimal item/level matching against eachother In the second game type, Blizzard says %$#@ you to itemization and makes everybody wear the same equipments once the battle starts. This means the battles taking place through these matchups are between players wearing the exact same gear for each class so it all comes down to your team build and your team skills versus their team build and their team skills. Then the ladder rankings and whatever else that comes with PvP just gets tracked separately between the two game types. I'd be happy just queueing for this second game type and for those egotistical enough to want to test out their newly purchased gear they can just queue for the first game type and fight against others who also paid to win. I mean if it's pay to win versus pay to win then there's no problem right? Just fight to see who paid more, good luck. The second game type does invalidate a lot of builds that revolve around gears but at least it's fair and not pay to win. What do you guys think?shibby2 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 What is Wrong With Diablo 2? Since everyone seems to be comparing D3 to D2, with D2 always coming out on top, why don't we use D2 as the basis for building the "ideal" Diablo game. Diablo 2 was not a perfect game. It was an addictive game. There were clearly some flaws... lets address those in order to come up with solutions to D3's problems. One thing, with the skill system, it encouraged players to be run through most of the leveling process by a higher level character as to save their points for specific skills that would not be unlocked/useful until much later. I like customization, but I don't like when people are encouraged NOT to play the game properly. Gear swapping is a hot topic right now... Well, I think that was a problem. The ability to switch gear in combat ruins the illusion. The game is not meant to be realistic, no, but you're fighting a massive monster... I don't think you're going to be changing your entire wardrobe within the last few seconds of the battle. One of the biggest problems was duping, scamming, botting and spamming. Well... it seems these problems have rolled over to Diablo 3. What is a realistic solution here? Blizzard clearly cannot stay on top of these people with issuing bans, so there needs to be a way to get rid of the incentive. Why do people bot, dupe, scam and spam? Because the game is incredibly focused on trading. You aren't supposed to find gear for yourself, you're supposed to find ANY gear that might have value to ANYONE... and that way you can trade for the gear you want. The solution is to make trading less viable, and farming for yourself more viable. How can you encourage players to farm for their own gear? I'll leave that one up in the air. What else was wrong with Diablo 2 that gives D3 an opportunity to prolong the franchise??Galt9 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 More interaction with NPCs Can you make the NPCs interact more with us? For instance, let the kids run around us rather than keep talking about playing some games... If we could bargain with the NPCs, and if we bargain too much, we lose the deal... Or we could swindle some poor NPCs into buying our crappy ilvl63s, since they don't get out much and don't see the world much.ttaysg0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 wat is happen this is really b.s this patch is stupid and they say 10 and it all liesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BKKiller0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Where is my Ubber-Diablo like challenge? A lot of people probably posted it, but yeah, I'm a lazy person, so here's one more. In diablo 2, there was ubber tristram and ubber-diablo. Since I never really played the game past normal mode, I don't know the detail, but it looked like the ultimate challenge. I know everyone is expecting PvP, but althought I might enjoy it a bit, I'm pretty sure I will get bored of it. So, when can we hope to see an ubber-something-similar feature in this game? It doesn't need to give better gear or whetever. I just want something challenging now that I can kill Diablo inferno pretty easely and farm my way anywhere with ease.Tass9 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 so you cant log in until..... so you cant log in until tommorow now the game is shut down for how freaking long.... so for me it says the game is shut down for about 24 hours cause the patch says launched tommorow at 10 am but when you log in it says patch required to play so why the hell didnt they say in 24 hours you can playOofta3 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Auction house upgrade/fixed? Your Thoughts? Please provide comments on how you would like to see the auction house Any1 find it hard to search for attributes you want? Sometimes 3 isn't enough , since your level 60 and want the best possible items. Does a query of 4-5 really add on to a server load since no 1 barely even plays Diablo 3? - a simple query of 3 attributes is not enough sometimes - i want to be able book mark items i wish to buy not just put down a down payment - NOTIFICATIONS ON ITEMS IM LOOKING AT PLEASE LESS THAN 15 mins - Recommended items should be there showing what build you should go for - Attributes that aren't there , such as sockets on some items take it out "on my wizard searching for a good belt a attribute such as life steal take it out please it makes the list BLOODY LONGER, come on it only exists for barb belt like take it out " - Recent searches, i sometimes search for stuff and they're not there and i would like to come back to it to see if its there or cheaper ? makes sense doesn't it? Come on make this thread longer so blizzard sees . Looking forward to your smart ideas Guys.claymore0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 so down time sitew says till 10 am automated system says 11 am i feel we have all been lied 2Ender0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Server Are servers up? I can't get passed the d3 loader...says updating tools but sits at zero percent.Andi2 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 patches what programes do i need to allow through my firewall to allow diablo3 to update automatic patchesLordChristof0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 if you can't find loot, you're doing it wrong as the title says. don't even need a lot of MF gear, none in fact.TrooperChunX1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Oh the Irony: PVP only thing to save the d3 This game sucks. Only the diehard fanboys will contest this. Loot, overtuned inferno, 'billions of viable builds" not viable at all with less customization, an endless grind for boring loot, etc. We all know the issues. The hiarlious thing is that d3's last chance at being somewhat successful as a game(other than the fact we all got owned by buying it) is pvp. Hilarious when you think about it since Jay Wilson quite clearly doesn't like PVP. Not saying PVP will be good, i'd bet against it. Just think its rather funny that after all jay wilson said about diablo and its franchise being "PVE" its pretty much the last shot this game really has at success without a drastic overhaul.KareBerCraft33 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Been Playing Act 1 Inferno for 3 weeks. I haven't found a single item I can use to help me get through Act 2. I haven't found any million dollar items. Heavy farming too, unspeakable hours for nothing to show for it. I implore you to help me out Blizzard.Jubbly12 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Cant download patch I login and it tell me there update rdy i click ok exits game to download patch, then the game crashes and bring me back to login screen? why would it say patch rdy if its not???ePuff0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Attack speed Nerf Anyone know why they nerfed attack speed now my dh can barely surrive inferno not to mention the ridiculous repair pricesflamingarrow3 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Help me When i start up the game and go to login sais there's a update so it restarts the game to do a update and does nothing so i relogin and sais the same thing ??? whats wrongFnybones1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Should have gone to Disney World at 5 pdt. 5 hours, just nice to have made a trip :)ttaysg0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Problem? I go to play and it says I need the patch, I clicked OK and the patch started to download. It got to 100% so I clicked play. I attempted to sign in but it said I needed the patch. Why? It already went to 100%Stubs0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Question & Help with Diable III Is there a way my wife can play diablo 3 with me without buying a new copy of diablo 3?Assassin0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 End game - Please add the following Grinding for gear isn't fun.. and that is the only end game entertainment we have. If any others have any ideas on what can be done to save this game please feel free to join in!! 1. In D2 you could create/join games. These games had basic labels like "Please help act1" or "Cow run 001!" Not having this in D3 is just saddening. When I use to find myself bored in D2 I could always feel like a bad@ss and go help out some noobs who asked for it, or get suckered into just one more Baal run! 2. Clans. I am talking about back in the day when StarCraft was super popular. You had your own legit clan channel and not some POS little chat box. Within these channels you could control access and war on other clans. You could set up rank systems, tournies, and recruiting parties. Adding clans and proper clan channels like the old days would help this game one hundred times over. 3. PvP. I know it is coming in 1.1 or whatever patch.. can't wait! 4. Player creation.. you know how creative some of us fans are! You see it in all the starcraft/warcraft games. Give us a tool so we can make mini games to temp us away from the grind once in awhile. Use to play sheeptag and risk in warcraft for hours, just stupid fun. Fans with the right tools can make this game last forever! If a particular fan makes something really good you guys could possibly give it your stamp of approval and put in some type of reward system similar to mf. This would give playes options to either mf.. or do approved mini games to get the loot at the end. 5. Monthly ladder races. Each month you can make a server where everyone who joins starts at level one. By the end of the month (or two) all players get transffered back into the normal realms. Do what you did for past games and add items that can only be found within that ladder. These "monthly realms" have no RMAH so players who play them have to farm/trade for everything they get. Or maybe these ladders only happen every couple months so players have to spend most their time on their normal accounts getting ready and hyped for the next ladder. 6. Arena mode. Sure it would be fun to play some type of survial mode.. but it would be even more fun to play as elites and fight the heroes! Have you even been killed by an elite with fire chain and just wished you could have been that elite! Just imagine how fun it would be to play with two or three buddies as elites kitting around and fighting real heroes/players. In this mode you could have the option to play your standard char.. or be the very monsters that populate inferno! 7. Did I mention clans/channels!? 8. When pvp comes out add a challege type of process where the combatants can offer to put up gold and winner takes all. Players would have something on the line and the winner gets his/her winnings with no worries of scam. Possibly create a new section in your website devoted to just hardcore pvp/tournies. I could watch HC players die all day for glory and fame! Would be like watching modern day video game galdiators! 9. A voice chat would be cool. I mean I use skype (noob I know) but it would be nice to have an in-game voice chat so you could talk to others or just have the option to remain the way it is with mute-players. Mute the little kids. I seem to have run out of ideas atm.. and I am sure some of the ones I suggested are just not possible, but it would be nice to have something to do in D3 other than farm gear. Again, anyone please feel free to add any ideas. Flaming of my ideas are incouraged aswell to help refine them! -Blizzard, I would like a job ;] GemfireGemfire1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Does MF affect the stats of rare items? I heard that if you have higher MF you have a better chance of rolling (or dropping, since stats are determined upon drop) higher stat items (not due to increased number of items that are dropped) Is this true?ghrod1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Sick of maintenance Man I am getting sick of the maintenance. It's really starting to effect the quality of my experience. I don't get much time to play this game and I'm starting to wonder why I bother. Just because something is 'scheduled' doesn't make it automatically justifiable either.It's like those douchebags who say 'It's company policy'.. you're still giving us substandard service. Does anyone out there know any other games that are hot right now?Jivebungy15 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Weapon DPS needs to be brought up. As it stands if you find anything but a 63 weapon, it's useless. The problem with current weapon design is that it is too focused on the damage range, which obviously increases with level. Now I agree that there should be a noticeable difference in what makes an ilvl 63 the best in slot compared to an ilvl 62, but I don't think it should be because of pretty much the most important stat in the game for pretty much every build. I suggest ilvl 62 damage range be brought up to the same level as ilvl 63, but have affix budgets reduced. Likewise ilvl 61 should be brought up to 62 damage and again have its budgets reduced. Furthermore ilvl 63s should have their budgets slightly increased, and have the potential for 2 sockets. This way, even though the dps might be the same between a 62 and 63, the 63 still has the potential to be substantially better. eg. 2 weapons both with 1400 dps. 63 - 2 sockets, 400 dex 62 - 1 socket, 150 dex. Obviously the numbers will need to be worked on, but I personally think this will make the farm game a lot more rewarding. As it is I don't even bother to unid any weapon that is 62 or less anymore.Flyingmoo17 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Auction House Improvements I feel like I've seen a similar thread before, and I know that there were some plans for improvements to the Auction House ... but I haven't seen anything in a while about when (if) these are planned. So I figured I'd offer up my thoughts on the subject. Because hey, why not. 1) When you mouse over a piece of gear, show the same Life/Damage/Protection comparison that you do in-game. Having to guess (or fill out a spreadsheet) how much better that piece of gear is not fun and is a huge pain. 2) Provide more than 3 filters. Trying to find upgrades in the AH is a huge pain that requires me to look through page after page because I can't filter the results more specifically. Trying to find new items that have some combination of Dex, Vit, Cold Res, All Res, Crit Chance, Crit Damage is incredibly painstaking and is not fun. 3) Don't include gems in the stats of the item, or at least give the option to not include them. If I want to find a weapon that has Crit Damage AND a socket, the majority of results will simply be a weapon that has a green gem in the socket. And raising the minimum value for that stat doesn't always work, because then I'd miss out on any pieces of gear that don't have gems in them. 4) Show items that have no buyout in a search that included a maximum buyout. In a perfect world, if the bid was above your max buyout that item wouldn't be part of the results. It is frustrating knowing that if I filter by max buyout I could potentially miss out on an upgrade that doesn't have a buyout set. It's also frustrating to not set a buyout and have to sift through dozens of items that I am nowhere near affording. 5) Allow us to order our lists by Bid and Time Left. 6) Allow us to filter stats on specific Legendary items. I know that you can set the rarity to Legendary and then use the regular 3 filters, but this would still make things much easier. 7) Allow us to see the stats of an item that sold. Half the time I look at my completed list and can't remember what [Generic Item Name] was. It makes it harder to judge what is worthy of selling in the future. Admittedly, I have a terrible memory, so maybe this is just specific to me. 8) Taking #5 a step further, I know some people who want even more information than that - how long did it take to sell, how many bids were there, etc. On a somewhat related note, is it possible to create a sub-forum for each class's forum specifically for trading items? A good 2/3 of the threads in the Monk forums are just "WTS GODLY ITEM." Does anyone else have any suggestions for AH improvements?Piffle0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Attack Speed on legendary armor still NO FIX? The 'increasing attack speed' on legendary armor has been a known problem for weeks. Why are you not prioritizing this over some minor crashes... This should have been fixed the same week you guys nerfed Attack Speed and screwed everyone over.Panerai0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 One major concern Hopefully I get a CM to read this. I've been playing Diablo 3 since release and reading these forums since before then. I have two level 60s, and one is halfway through act 2. Overall I am very happy with this game. But, I do have one major concern which I know has been mentioned in a few complaint threads before. The other day I was playing in Act IV hell with my friends and while in the Silver Spire I got disconnected right after we killed our 7th or so elite. I was in the process of picking up a few of the items, including my guarenteed yellow. I was forced right out of Diablo 3 and had to log back on. When I logged back in it immediately put me in the party I was in before and it reloaded the same game. As expected, I had lost my Nephalem Valor stacks. At first I was like, meh, that's the way it works and was going to continue playing. Then on a hunch, I asked my friend to take me back to where the elite had died (lost my map after all!) and surprise surprise my items (including the rare) were all there. Now my question is, how can the items remain after a quick D/C but the NV stacks can not? If the game automatically loads back the same session, why can't we keep our stacks? I really hope this is being looked at in a future patch/hot fix and I apologize if this has already been mentioned by Blizzard staff.Cjdaw6 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Euros->GOLD How can I turn euros to gold?DoomViper1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 One "stealth patch" too many... I have really really tried to like this game, but you're making it harder and harder with every patch. And yesterday the limit was reached: I was playing Hell act 2 with my lvl 55 DH when the servers went down. Server issues Blizzard said. But when the servers where back online something was different, and not in a good way. All of a sudden the elites spawned at least twice as much as before, and they're doing more damage and they're using their skills/spells much more frequently! The result, you die... a lot! And with the fantastic repair costs... well, do the math. And this is only act 2 in Hell... I wonder what Blizzard said in the meeting before the "stealth patch": - The players are using the AH less every day, what shall we do? - I know, add much more elites to the game! And while we're at it, add shields and mortars to 90% of them so it really hurts. Then the players must buy new and expensive stuff. Problem solved. - Ok, but isn't there a chance that they will leave instead? - Oh no, they should be thankful. It's a shame, this game could be so much more (everything already been said in this forums), and I've really tried to like it, but enough is enough. Doesn't Blizzard want us to play their game? They're doing the opposite of what the player-base wants, so the answer is obviously no! You know Blizzard, there are lots of good games out there, and more to come... I would take care of my customers. Well, goodbye to you all the brave people still hanging in there :-)Lofa16 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 D3 SPEEDKILL ALL BOSSES: Eyes Closed -Inferno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkZ-bUj0rk&feature=autoplay&list=UU-9C9d1qDDzA2jdH53vSIuA&playnext=1 LOL and people complainZoe0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Discussion on Purple elites (Not from quests) What do people think about a change I've been thinking about trying to petition to blizzard? The change only involves the random Purple monsters that spawn in distinct areas such as Sark (Quillbeast from Dank cellar). **Current problem: they drop 1-2 blues max, and are not a challenge. Exploring maps and getting "unlucky" map rolls such as a Purple creep spawn instead of a Cavern/guaranteed elite side mission will result in wasted time. **My fix: These monsters are now buffed to have (A) 5-6 properties OR (B) spawn with random higher tier elite mobs. There is only 1 so they should be made quite difficult. They will now have 1-1.5x the drop rate of a unique/elite pack and provide 1 Nephalem. This will make long term grinding a lot better and challenging, which will result in more fun gameplay theoretically. The only other option would be to take them out completely, but my personal opinion would be (B), the purples being buffed and spawning with a set of higher tier mobs. An example of this would be Digger O' Dell spawning with 3 Elite mod Wretched Mothers or Skeletal Archers (or regular diggers). So, lets discuss. If people seem interested I will put more thought into this and come up with a complete writeup. I also have some interesting balancing ideas on resplendent chests that I will write up next.AmBroSia1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Key to surviving the D3 forums Don't feed the trolls. Key to enjoying the D3 forums Feed the trolls.iK1NG0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 cant get the update it said it ready will not update ? so is ti out .wolfpack11 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 error 740? Is this server problem? Error 740 when update the patch. Can anyone help? I searched the forum but suggested method not working. Can Blizzard please make the update easier just like you did for WoW?Ironclaw1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Asia and Europe ok, but not America Servers? So many questions and so few real answers... so MUCH frustration! Today I tried to log in, but couldn't as usual. The maintenance sign is posted at login again. The message read Blizzard is installing 1.0.3b? Didn't we just upgrade to 1.0.3c? Why is Blizzard going backwards in versions? Are the updates being tested over the net before going live? Have you noticed that there are less than 1000 public games being played when 30 days ago there were more than 10,000? Did the Beta testing go like this? Are we still in Beta testing? Is anyone getting fired over this huge mess? I noticed on the home page that Blizzard is hiring. Should Blizzard be importing techs/programmers/WAN guys from Asia and Europe to get the America servers stable? Do they have better infrastructures and support personnel? What makes America's servers so uncooperative? I have been servicing systems for 22 years and have never seen so much downtime with any service online. Server Clusters, Farms, Clouds, and Novel SFTIII have existed for a long time. Take one server down while the others provide services instantly. Replicate changes in the slow servers hours between servers. Hot swappable raid drives and multiple net connections provide an instant cure for bad hardware. Multiple routers/switches with their own net connection will help also. Don't forget the UPS! There is no reason (other than money troubles) to have less than 99.8% up time! To be polite it is just plain silliness to have any web service down 5-10 hours weekly! I have avoided games that require to be online or login for a reason and now I'm SO glad I did. Offline mode could stop the constant righteous complaining of customers that can't get to down servers or that have connection issues. The feeling I get is like being late for work only to find out your car won't start! If all games go to online only, I will hang up my 32 years of game play and start playing tidly winks! I would love to return Diablo 3 for my money back, but it was a gift.Hoverman0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 1.03b So I was hoping that the blue's would come back yesterday from w/e they were doing over the last week and deliver us something positive.. yet all there is is more AH changes ?srsly ? Blizz .. rly man , ur forcing me into playing call of duty again and that's saying something when you'd rather play a game filled with !@#$%es and people who play like them to the point of breaking controllers than a game you waited a decade for. It's as though at this point I've developed a fetish for being screwed over by things like bad hit detection, rubber banding, terrible balance, random disconnects and patches that do absolutely nothing ! So in that last paragraph.. I noticed something, ya can't rly tell which game I'm talking about can you ? That's because you have single handedly turned diablo3 into call of duty. Please .. PLEASE do something to change this as they are supposed to be two completely different games. Do show me something different please before I regret losing my leader board ranking anymore... ^-*!, I've been playing a game without a ladder, or leader board ... or anything, wtf have I been doing for the last 2 months....MojoJojo2 Jul 10, 2012