General Discussion

Jul 13, 2012 Praise/Criticism/Suggestions First off, I'd like to say that I'm enjoying Diablo 3. I also understand that hindsight vision is 20/20, though it also presents an opportunity to iterate on past actions and improve. I'd like to pose simply one customer's view on what those successes and growth opportunities are. Gameplay: This is an area I think Blizzard always gets a home run on. Despite all the criticisms I read and hear, I for one believe those are often driven by your players' passion for the game. Bottom line, if people didn't like the gameplay, there wouldn't be this much activity on the forums or in the game. The infrastructure is there, and people are enjoying the gameplay. So huge kudos for the continued track record for making excellent games. Group Play: Yet another area I really enjoy. Playing with my friends is simple and very enjoyable. We use skype for the purpose of communication while we play, and the game presents the right level of challenge and required teamwork to get us animated and excited while we play the game. I know that an in-game voice chat feature has been commented on already. While I'm not affected by this missing feature as an avid gamer aware of other options, I do think this is a great opportunity for your more casual/new player market. Good opportunity to capture here. IAS: I absolutely recognized the need for a change in this aspect of the game. Without it, build diversity would be stifled. A lot of the criticism surrounding this topic is understandable as well. I was impacted, as were some of my friends (especially the demon hunter). Much of the feedback I've seen from my perspective is also heavily affected by emotion, money, and gaming experience change. Admittedly, with a change, much more gear would be a worthwhile option (less vendor trash) and build diversity would be made viable. I have two criticisms here to consider as well. One, I believe the change was excessive, and this is evident through the prevalence of stacking crit hit and crit damage in exchange for IAS. Second and most importantly, the presence of the real money auction house combined with the very real itemization shift from the change had a real affect on people's pocketbooks. I go into more detail on this in my real money auction house section. Magic Find Swap: I do this as do my friends. Some say that it adds to their fun factor and to some extend I can agree. In groups, our skype chat gets very animated around magic find swapping, and there's a lot of laughter over the subsequent deaths from the huge drops in health and survivability. Regardless, I also see the very real affect this has on the value of magic find as a viable stat for gear. It's no longer as much of a desirable stat as it could be in actual fighting gear. Now, if/when this gets changed, which I expect it will, I will be left with quite a bit of useless gear that I spent a reasonable amount on. That's where I believe much of the passionate debate stems from. On the tail of IAS, for me, it's especially frustrating. That said, I understand the interest in implementing a change, and to be perfectly honest it's valid. This one single player's opinion is that it should be complemented with a substantial buff to magic find (i personally would propose 2.5x or more of it's current value). This would make it viable for me to continue with the same reward with a viable gear set for act 3/4 farming. Real Money Auction House and Itemization Changes: My one biggest criticism right now is one that little can be done about at this point, but I hope it can serve as a lesson learned. I for one believe that the real money auction house serves a purpose that benefits us as players. I recognize the revenue it provides Blizzard with, and also that through this additional stream of revenue, I as a player can expect more frequent improvements to the game and better support. The biggest problem I see is that the real money auction house was simply launched too early. This may be generous, as I might go as far as to say that the game was launched before it was ready, which is something I had never expected from Blizzard Entertainment. That being said, the significance of itemization changes combined by the presence of the real money auction house had a very real monetary consequence for us as players, and negatively impact our perception. The fact that people spent money on the real money auction house for gear that weeks later was changed to be worthless is very disappointing to say the least. Time should have been given to make tweaks to classes before the release of the real money auction house.gvedak1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Just saying Just saying Diablo 2 and WoW Both have dueling So we all bought a solo game.....great.majinbeast0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 dropped stacks gg who purposely drags skills on and off their bars anyway? this has to be one of the most poorly designed aspects of the game. accidentally drag a skill off the bar, put it right back where it was, stacks gone. plus, i didn't even change my spec, why the hell would they drop? blizzard wins for tonight, i'll go pick gunk out of my belly button. all will to play is gone. yes, it takes under 30 minutes to get them back but c'mon. a stupid feature that penalizes the players. dumb dumb dumb.SilentMike692 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 GG... Just Lost my Stacks of Valor So yeah I got a phone call and had to go AFK, I came back to find I lost my stacks of valor... So what I am suppose to do? Just leave and make a new game? Sigh. /facepalmmki15 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Raising levelcap creating endgame + enjoyment I believe that by increasing the level cap to 100, allowing for allocation of skills and stats past 60 would add massive endgame content. When leveling past 60 -Every level a skill point can be allocated to any skill, for example if i wished to put my skill point on Wrath of the Berserker Each stat would increase by like 1% and 1 sec duration. skills could be capped at 10 skill points so there for Each stat would be 10% stronger and duration would increase by 10 secs. this effect would also be added to each different rune. By doing this it will make people want to play more as they will be able to make their character stronger for no cost. -Every 5 levels past 60 a specific rune skill should be allocated increasing the effect of that specific rune for example in Wrath of the Berserker -Insanity- at start damage is increased by 100%, with a specific rune skill this damage would increase to say 125% specific skill runes could be capped at 2 as they are more powerful. this would allow people to actually build their character as they would have to specialize their character. -Allocation of stat points past 60. when leveling up each base stat should go up by 1, the player should then also receive 5 additional stat points to allocate themselves. this will allow characters to build and want them to play more as they can increase their characters uniqueness and can build a character to them. - every 10 levels a player should be able to increase a passive skill with a cap of one so at level 100 they are able to have 4 stronger passive skills. I think all these skill points and stats should be permanent. by doing this for me personally i would find the game much more enjoyable.Pulse0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 MOUSE Abuse... I think I have put a few million clicks on my Left Mouse button since Diablo III... Is there a specific reason as to why movement is only allowed by mouse versus WASD or direction keys as traditional? [EDIT] Okay folks...I get it. I've quoted and thanked the folks that were gracious to point out in a friendly manner, that it's obvious that I have never played older versions of Diablo. Thanks to all the folks who kindly mentioned that it's simply the way Diablo has always been. NO Thanks to the people who feel the must slam anyone that hasn't spent ALL their time in the same world as them. The funny answers are cool too. The jerks however need to go get laid or something. [END EDIT]HyperPhlex45 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 inconvenient auction house Hi blizzard, I've found that current auction house is causing a lot of inconvenience to players. -First of all, the auction house can be only accessed outside the game. This is seriously annoying where i have to lose all my NV if i just wanna have a check on my bid item. If possible, auction house should be improved in the way that it can be accessed inside the game. No leaving game required, it may help a lot! -Secondly, search fields for item are too limitted. There are only three fields provided. I've seen others suggested to increase the search fields but blizzard did nothing to improve it. Three search fields are really too less for us! -Besides, for the auction section. A refresh button should be provided for player to refresh that page in order to check the latest bid of items. It's annoying where the latest bid is always not updated and wasting my time to put a wrong bid price. A refesh button may help a lot. Hopefully blizzard can take it into serious consideration. As a player, we wish to have a better and conmfortable gaming environment. Thanks.EoHnUhS0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 sticky requested Does it ever happen? Theres not one thread thats been stickied yet, besides offical threads.SMOKEY1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 im too depressed for diablo 3 :( Yeah so im a normal diablo III player maining a barbarian and i got not so good equips. I got scammed (yes im so stupid) in General chat that he's selling 2Hander 1.7k DPS and link it in for 5m. Who wouldn't go for that 5m 1.7k dps 2Hander (yes im stupid) and i fell for it. He told me like how he will be so sure if i got like 4m gold.. so i put it in knowi th that it doesn't show and pressed Okay so he putted a 2hander with 1k DPS only and i got scammed fast.. im too depressed right now and i dont have any online friends to tell it to. I was going to scam other people too using his technique to got back my 4m which is im so happy having that kind of money (yes im a poor player) but instead, i dont have the guts to scam other player because of my conscience. Instead of scamming the player, my conscience strikes back and instead telling him the story... :( i dont know what to do because 4m is like a Treasure to me.. I'm not asking for help.. but if you want to donate to me gold, i appreciate it so much. I dont want to post this in Diablo III forums cause i know theres a lot of trolls there this is the only forum site i visit and decided to post it here :( thank you for the time reading.. have fun playing..Relapse22 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Secret drop rate nerf Inferno a4? So I just got done killing everything in a4 and got 2 yellows. Worse I killed both izual and diablo with a 5 stack and neither dropped yellows.Northern0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Raising levelcap creating endgame + enjoyment I believe that by increasing the level cap to 100, allowing for allocation of skills and stats past 60 would add massive endgame content. When leveling past 60 -Every level a skill point can be allocated to any skill, for example if i wished to put my skill point on Wrath of the Berserker Each stat would increase by like 1% and 1 sec duration. skills could be capped at 10 skill points so there for Each stat would be 10% stronger and duration would increase by 10 secs. this effect would also be added to each different rune. By doing this it will make people want to play more as they will be able to make their character stronger for no cost. -Every 5 levels past 60 a specific rune skill should be allocated increasing the effect of that specific rune for example in Wrath of the Berserker -Insanity- at start damage is increased by 100%, with a specific rune skill this damage would increase to say 125% specific skill runes could be capped at 2 as they are more powerful. this would allow people to actually build their character as they would have to specialize their character. -Allocation of stat points past 60. when leveling up each base stat should go up by 1, the player should then also receive 5 additional stat points to allocate themselves. this will allow characters to build and want them to play more as they can increase their characters uniqueness and can build a character to them. - every 10 levels a player should be able to increase a passive skill with a cap of one so at level 100 they are able to have 4 stronger passive skills. I think all these skill points and stats should be permanent. by doing this for me personally i would find the game much more enjoyable.Pulse0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 KIlled Diablo on Inferno, no idea why Got 3 blues. How hard would it be to drop an orange the FIRST time you do that? At least that would give me something to disenchant. Or, how about a yellow with the wrong stats just so there's a brief moment of ID anticipation? No, 3 blues. Just to rub it in, 3 blues with stats for other classes. I mean, how can a game company be so inept at (even slightly) factoring in fun? Hire a first year psychology student and have her coach Jay "no fun on my watch" Wilson.figrond25 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Please keep buffing ilvl 63 drop rates tl;dr The game is more fun when we have better odds at good drops. When I was grinding A1 inferno for weeks on end, there was zero chance of ilvl 63 drops. Fortunately this was fixed. Many people quit because they were unable to progress without AH. This was a good change: June 28th: Inferno A1 - iLvl 63: 4.8%, up from 2.0% Inferno A2 - iLvl 63: 16.3%, up from 8.0% Inferno A3/A4 - iLvl 63: 16.3%, up from 8.0% I propose bumping this even higher, considering that 90% of ilvl 63 items are garbage. Now that more people have access to these high end items, identifying them is actually enjoyable, but we need more opportunities to roll great items. More chances at better drops = more fun & more engaged players devoting more time to the gamejimdandy23 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻Rachalstarr141 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Am I reading this correctly? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty Life Steal The effectiveness of life steal skills, equipment, and gems – those that heal you on hit or kill, NOT health globe or life regeneration bonuses – is reduced in advanced difficulties, as shown: Normal: 100% Nightmare: 70% Hell: 40% Inferno: 20% For example, if you have a weapon that provides you with 100 Life each time you hit a monster, it will be reduced to 70 Life in Nightmare difficulty.Malaphesto3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 First I quit diablo, for more than obvious reasons. Then I browsed the forums daily just to hold onto that little bit of hope that maybe the game would get better, but now the moderators can't even keep the spamming WTS posts off the popular threads list. this !@#$'s frustrating and Blizzard just lost another customer.KillerTofu0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Ex-player update question I haven't played since 1.03 was released and took what little fun there was in the game out. To those still playing (and not the fanboys), is the player base still around 1500'ish (bots presumably)? And 2 have they actually put any fun into the game since 1.03?Cajun0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Ghom Clouds Can Anybody help. tried doing this boss but didnt notice until now that i searched it in inferno that he actually drops gas clouds. thought he just had a dot that u had to clear in the other modes. my computer doesnt seem to be picking up the clouds though so i have no shot anyone have the same issue or know how to fix this. ive tried putting my grapics at max settings but it does nothing. ThanksLockeo2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Well.. everyone i know has officially quit :/ .. probably going to do the same now since /boringadamSn1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Continuous disconnection I sign into D3 and start to play, i get a 5 stack and then i usually start to lag, then out of no where it will disconnect me from the server, has happened to me 5 times in a row with the same effects.MaNiaK6660 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 LOL at EU POPULAR TOPICS http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ex68t Beautiful.Zog4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Even the Forums.... Are not a viable end-game for D3. Boring Forums are Boring. I have no idea now what I'm gonna do to kill time while @ work....../sigh.Lightbender1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Finally beat Inferno Diablo.. Yea I'm late to the party.. but I can honestly say I did it using 0 exploits or using RMAH. I did however use the GAH with items and gold I found. In all seriousness though.. Blizzard, you need to really work on the coop aspect of this game. It gets ridiculously boring farming solo. The human aspect that other players add to the experience brings so much more out. Some type of incentive for coop play would inject some life back into this game.Souljah0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 ETA on PvP Dear Blizzard, Is there a time table for the PvP part of the game? If so, who will be selected to test it? Just curious... Sincerly, Tired of Farming and want to go hostile on someones Way Point!LordBoris3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Ghom So I made my way through the game on my WD. Got to act 2 inferno, no big deal. Based on game play and the fact that ALL I could really contribute was decent CC and piss poor DPS (almost not worth the increase to the mobs that another person plays) to my group of friends I decided WD is terrible. So I decided that I would make a wizard. I blazed through leveling and gave my gear to my wizard and bought a decent OH. Stats: 35k HP 30k DPS ~350-400 Resist all Should be enough to make my way through inferno solo right? Specially since all my friends have since quit because of the state of the game. I am cruising through the acts (Inferno). Act two is super easy compared to the dumbness of a WD. Even Act 3 I was cruising through with ease. Then I get to Ghom. I read that he got buffed and thought nothing of it. Seeing that he is a mini boss and isnt even an act boss. So I went into it with my normal build, had 5 stacks of neph, and kited him around the room like I had done on all prior acts.... To my surprise there was nowhere to kite him after making one whole lap around the room, I dont believe I left that much space inbetween clouds iether. Long story short. I have been wiping on him trying to get the clouds closer together without having my butt handed to me but to no avail. I am now done for the day and have spent ~100k gold on repairs. I know that blizzard wants their fan base to want to chew glass at the idea of playing their games now days but I think the state of inferno is retarded. Besides venting on the forums, I have almost never posted on gaming forums before, I was hoping to get any input that others have tried. I understand "Buy MORE gear" I am working on it. I dont have hours to invest grinding lower acts for level 50 yellows.... to try and sell. PS Blizzard really screwed the pooch with the end game here. I was really only gonna continue playing till Torchlight 2 came out. At this rate I doubt I will be back for the expantion unless I hear really good things about this.Rankavich13 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 How to search for gold? The price for me shows up as 0.31, I want to search other offers, but it only list 1 option... Is there a way to find other offers?BrunoLM4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 experience I stopped gaining experience after level 60. Does any one know why?james12 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Anyone know the PEAK time of the week? If I wanted to make an auction end during peak time to increase chance of a nice bidding war in my favour, what time would I best have it end? 2pm sunday US time?Shaddolf4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Was there an AR or LoH nerf? I used to be able to faceroll tank 100 monsters + elites but now my life just drops like I have no AR or no LoH. Was something nerfed?Pookrat5 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Diablo3 for Mac? Is there Diablo3 for Mac right now or not?Ismael6 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 all good things come to and end.... Well it seems as it is time to put the diablo series to a rest. After mant countless fustrating hours and constant disapontment from the game(on top of all my friends have stopped playing) its time to shelf the game. Even though im thurly disaponted with the game for several major reasons (itemization, repair cost, RMAH, no skill tree etc) they been all beaten to death many many time on the forum so I won't go into detail about it. Overall the game wasnt bad proably a below average game at best with a 6/10 in mind. For a huge fan of the diablo series though it was pretty disaponting.With that being said However I'd like to focus on some of the postive ascpet of the game that I did enjoy: -treasure goblins blizzard probaly greastest and only good idea to this game. so much fun chasing these bastards around nearly killing yourself for that loot. - story line I actually somewhat enjoyed the story line despite there being some very odd loop holes in it, like the whole diablo and his brothers should have been dead permantly when you destoryed there soulstone in the second one but somehow they survied in the 3rd lol wut? besides that it had some good lore and the story of tyrael was very cool. cinematics Theses where amazing if one group in this whole team did something right it was the cinematics team! really like them but then again I never seen a blizzard game fail in this department graphics I though the graphics where good to look at and the art work was great. Alot of the background in the levels was done well especially act 3/4 had some cool stuff to it. templar not really worth mentioning but none the less his catch frases make my day. By all that is holy do you see that monster over there! now to go a little further into why did this game fail so bad? I sat there thinking how could something desitned for such greatness fail so badly? After reading alot and doing my own resarch about the game this is pretty much my discovery: The entire diablo 3 team of developers are not the orginal developers! Simple as that no sugar coating. After all its the orginal developers ideas and work that made us all fall in love with the game. You put a bunch of WoW lacky with no diablo experince in there place and you end up with what diablo 3 is today. So I looked around to see what had become of the orgianl Blizzard north team and after reading and hearing about it on the forums I heard that a good chunk of them are now at runic games. So after hearing so much about this torchlight game I got the first one and gave it a whirl. While Im just starting out in it the game play of it is much much better, And what a refreshment to have the beloved skill tree back! While its not as fancy or glamours as diablo 3 for a small development team the gameplay and mechanics are very solid and miles ahead of diablo 3. Im intrested to see what they do with torchlight 2 and where they take it. so Reality is while all the old diablo junky on here are pissed what did you excpet? After all its the developers who's idea and thoughts that go into a game that make the game. I look forward to the downfall to blizzard rep as lots of gammers are looking for there next void to fill the addiction wich will really give some smaller gamming company a solid chance to shine!doom2646415 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Thank you and I Apologize. First and foremost, I want to say what a good job the developers did when creating this game. Hours upon hours were spent traversing the worlds you created, fighting, looting and dying to the hordes of monsters you threw our way. The story was quite forgettable to be honest, but playing with friends, smashing our way to level 60 the first time is what i'll be remembering. While this game is far from perfect, I still have to say I got my 60 dollars worth of entertainment over hundreds of hours spent playing. So I say to you, thank you, I enjoyed my stay. However, I find myself with a strong lack of reason to continue playing. So for now, i'll enjoy a nice little break from this world of yours. Second, I want to apologize. It's no secret that this game is being blasted so heavily on the forums. I should know, I frequent them often and in all truth I've taken my fair share of cheap shots on Blizzard as well. At the time, I was just as riled up as the rest of the folks on General, angry that this game wasn't the gem that I was expecting. It didn't quite live up to the dream that I all had for it, but after much thought, I don't think any game could live up to such high expectations. No matter, I was rude and belligerent, thinking that I knew best over people who spent years in this field mastering their craft. I called them useless and idiotic, in reality, I was just being an !@# who wanted more than what was given. Anyway, I wish the best of luck to all the people who put their heart and soul into making this. Once this storm of negativity eventually fades, I hope you receive the praise and gratitude you deserve.JrQ24 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 humour bit I couldnt stop laughing when i read this on amazon By Diablo Fun: For the last 15 years, as I served as the constant whipping post for thousands...nay, MILLIONS of pathetic worms who have plundered my depths and banished me and my brothers to the soulstones time and time again! NO LONGER! On May 15 in the year of the Panda, 2012, my plan to claim victory over the Nine Hells and the High Heavens has come to fruition! Behold, the chronicle of my journey thus far! Day 1: Millions of hapless insects gathered with their gold in hand and their steel drawn as they prepared to storm my doorstep, thinking that I, the Lord of Terror, would stand idly by as you farmed me for loot. Little did you suspect that my secret weapon "error 3007" would lay you all low! Those of you that happened to slip by my net came face to face with my uberlieutenants-- Lagmodan, The Serverbreaker,and Archbishop Disconnectus. Day 2-5: See day 1... Day 6: The delays caused by my impenetrable server defenses allowed me to fortify the Champions of Hell and overwhelm the puny Nephalem forces when they finally arrived...such awesome and destructive powers as: Molten QQ, Plague of Ridiculous Enrage Timers, and Arcane Orbital Repair Bills. To finalize my triumph, I ensured that any artifacts that my minions were carrying were at LEAST 5 levels lower and were utterly useless to the would-be plunderer. Truly the tears of the righteous are as music to my blackened soul! Day 7: I rested... Day 37: I have struck another triumphant blow! I have created a market place for the Nephalem, which is the only means of obtaining artifacts of any significant power. However, the true devious nature of this monstrosity is what makes it so delicious! In order to utilize it, the Nephalem are required to use a strange currency known as US Dollars, which they cannot access unless they willingly pay a 30% tithe to the forces of evil! MUAHAHAHAH! I really intended to slaughter them on day 1 with this device, but Belial was having trouble getting the Koreans on board with it. Day 38: Once my demonic auction house of real money was fully operational, and the sniveling maggots were happily lapping up items of significant power with which to best my forces...I dropped ANOTHER masterful stroke on them, claiming yet another victory for Team Hell! I unleashed the Mighty Nerf-alem Hammer on all treasures under the High Heavens, making them nearly useless. Many who had spent their precious gold, real and virtual, were now banished to the Halls of Buyer's Remorse. I used the tears and subsequent blood of my fallen enemies to fill a bath, and washed myself in the Basin of Greedy Deception! Day 45 and counting...: My saga continues to unfold, as many once-hopeful heroes have abandoned their quest altogether. Perhaps they will have an easier time slaying pandas soon... Those stalwarts who have chosen to stay, trapped in my Devilish Hamster Wheel of Doom and cursed to wander the Malignant Slot Machine of Rmah, do so in the vain hope that "things will get better." No mortal, they will NOT! Even when you are able to use the treasure you have purchased against EACH OTHER in Player vs. Player combat (no, really, it's coming...TRUST me...*evil laugh*), you will still be subject to my law of Eternal Internet Connection. Only once I've milked every last dollar and gold piece from these lackeys will I then pull the plug on the ServerStone forever! Just in time for Heart of the Swarm and Pandasy Island to be unleashed upon this ripe, unsuspecting world! Sincerely yours, Diablo Lord of Terror PS. Yesterday, my watchful eye spotted a 59 year old Hardcore Witch Doctor who was about to celebrate his 60th Season. I unleashed a Latency Storm on him as he was engaging 3 champion Heralds with "Waller, Plague, Arcane and Extra Life"...he is now a level 3 HC Monk. O tis fun to be evil!HansD121 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Barbarian War Cry Sound Issue I just noticed an error in the game when my Barbarian casts War Cry. This is happening EVERY SINGLE TIME and it's starting to wear on my patience. There's a missing background sound. This is glaringly obvious and I can't believe this game shipped in this state. Here's the missing background sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vQt_v8Jmw Has anyone else had this problem? Blizzard, please fix your problem!Slink3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Why can you click and drag your abilities? It's a simple question. Why can you click on your abilities on and drag them away? It's not like you can swap positions of your abilities this way without losing valor or creating CD. Is there another purpose that maybe I don't know? I'm sure everyone has accidentally removed an ability in the heat of battle both losing your crucial ability and your 5 stacks of NV. If there is no actual use for this feature why even have it? I know the fix for now is to turn elective mode back off once I set my spells, but I sometimes forget to when I switch my build or exp non 60 jobs.Unspeakable1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Auction house sorting by time I for one would like to be able to sort items by time remaining. I give up and go for buyout far too frequently because I don't want to troll through 20 pages looking for an auction decently priced with under 4 hours left. Just a friendly suggestion, to make the AH interface more complete.Docside0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Depositing RMAH money to paypal I have a text enabled phone but it is prepaid. Is there anyway to get money from the RMAH to deposit into paypal without a phone plan or is all the money I make on the RMAH worthless unless I get one?Supernewb4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Lag, Latency, and Server Issues I have to vent. While I really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and have done so since its release, my enjoyment of the game is becoming seriously hampered by constant lag, latency, and server issues. I have been increasingly disconnected from servers and killed numerous times due to my character lagging out and becoming unresponsive. It has been frustrating enough to cause me to take breaks from Diablo 3 and try to cool off a bit. I can't even imagine creating a hardcore character. The server issues are so persistent that I would never attempt to create a character that has a strong likelihood of dying due solely to a server issue. I really wish Blizzard would confirm and address these issues. Starcraft 2 doesn't have even a fraction of the server-related issues that Diablo 3 does. In fact, I know it's not my internet connection or computer because Diablo 3 is the only game that I have internet issues with. So please, Blizzard, acknowledge these issues and improve server function. Or, at the very least, reduce the cost of repairing damaged items since I am dying much more often now due to server issues. It is ridiculous to pay high sums of gold repairing items that are damaged mainly due to lag.Ark1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 LFG for act 3 farming 83k damage twister/archon build wizard looking for a group for some fast act 3 farming... post here or whisper me in game.juggsthemage19 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 GOLD BUYING Ok I have a really good idea I think. You gotta let us post our gold cheaper. The ah is only letting us sell ours for .25 cents for 100k. The gold farmers that are destroying our chat are selling it really alot cheaper. Wanna kill the farmers , kill the market. Let us flood the market with our gold. I know you guys know their going rate. It's like 12 bucks for 10 million. Thats why people are going for outside markets rather than stimulating our economy. Please lower the prices on the gold option couldnt be that hard.Utroi0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 How much gold you have? I'm just about to hit 2 millions and that's with a lucky sale. Reading a few threads on different subjects, some were saying they had 25 millions. Another was saying he sold for more than 1000$ on the RMAH. I ws able to sell one item for 10$ and that's it. Just 2 weeks ago, I was able to look at desired items and sometime buy those. At that time I had less than a million. Now, any items I look at is totally overpriced and I don't see the day I will be able to afford any upgrade now that I'm at 60. It looks like the game ends there. Not sure they planned it that way and I wonder what they will come up with as a solution. I mean our only hope is farm Inferno all the time looking for items we could potentially sell for gold then after so many hours have enough money to get a desired item. I understand it would also be totally boring to get all the dream items in a single evening but I don't know, there is something wrong I cannot exactly describe...Rhialto40 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Creative suggestion to inflation Why not just have tiered "tax" rates in the AH? We all know that it is 15% now, why not adopt a system similar to real life, where 1-1,000,000 is taxed at 15%, 1,000,000-5,000,000 is taxed at 30%, etc? We all know that botters are out there putting gold into the economy, and Bliz is doing its best to beat them, but even legitimate players are putting a lot of gold into the economy, and a tiered system will not hurt lower level players but will really start to help fight inflation that is caused by the higher tier players who are spending hundreds of millions of gold. Leave the RMAH to its own devices, but the gold auction house needs tiered taxes. Example: I sell an item under the current system for 5,000,000 gold. (5,000,000 * 0.85 = 4,250,000) I receive 4,250,000 gold in my completed tab. I sell an item under the proposed system for 5,000,000 gold. (1,000,000 * 0.85 + 4,000,000 * 0.70 = 3,650,000) I receive 3,650,000 gold in my completed tab. Sure, it will suck in terms of losing more gold, but having more tiers will mean that we won't have to deal with wild inflation. Everyone is seeing the signs of it now, and the game is very young. Let's say you sell something for 100 million gold, and there is a system set up where 1-1,000,000 is 15% tax, 1,000,000-5,000,000 is 30% tax, 5,000,000-100,000,000 is 50% tax. Let's see how it plays out compared to current taxes. At the current rate of just 15%, which is good for you but bad for the entire economy, you would receive 85,000,000 in your completed tab. At the (proposed, Blizzard would work out the final model) tiered rate you would receive 51,150,000. While it would suck to not get as much gold as you got before, if inflation is not met then there will either be no solutions (which would suck) or much more radical solutions further down the road.Protocyte13 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Spirit stone for "Shut Up and Take My Money" I'm currently standing at the vendor for the spirit stone, if anyone needs it just whisper me if you need : Youkaiyume#6367 (add a message 'spirit stone') i'll be waiting here about 10 minutes or so.Youkaiyume1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Trade Screen "Suggestion" Hi; i have a simple suggestion for trade screen. it should be 2 steps. 1st Step. Put item/items or money then click "Lock". When both sides click "Lock" then "Accept" button can be avaible. 2st step Check again and click "Accept". Secure Trade Complete Actually its a lil bug and some ppls abusing it. Regards.Omer4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 rage timers meets tank. Ok so playing a Witchdoctor the only real way to progress in the game is tanking, since 1.03. Now I have tried other builds and gear dumping 100's of million in gold testing. So Now playing on my tankdoctor and come accross something I can not endure or beat....ILLUSIONIST+VAMPIRE+Extra health+Nightmare......If it didnt have the rage timer I would have had this bad boy down in 5 minutes with out much issue however once they enrage there is nothing you can do but have to reset and lose....Please remove rage timers from the game they limit play styles and do more to hurt the game play then anything else... Im not even going to go into how tank builds cant kill or stop the porting of a treasure goblin...One issue at a time.TheChiv0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Magic. Hey guys, do you believe in magic? The future of D3 depends on it.Zog1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Legendaries, what do you want from them? Let me start by saying that whenever I do get a legendary...I am never excited, more like well heres another fiery brimstone. But what do people ACTUALLY want them to be like? All ive read is how people want them to be epic and more powerful... but all i read is "make them like runewords". Which to me is horrendous. Personally I would like to see them be what they replaced, unique. Furthermore, I'd like to see them be more in line with Diablo 1 uniques then diablo 2 uniques. For instance imagine buffing the iLvl 62 barb 2H mighty weapon to do say 1500dps... however make the attack speed something like 0.33 aps making resource regen atrocious. Or make a WD ceremonial knife with 33% chance to spawn zombie on killl ( a zombie with just hp no attack power, just meat shield) but give the knife -3% life regen forcing the user to build with life regen items. With enough diversity in items like this, every affix can become useful and would even help level out the AH prices. It would also create more "builds" aswell. I dont know guess I just wanna know what people really are expecting from legendary items with changes coming down the road.QuackAttack54 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 So when is Collossus gober going to be fixed? Bashiok?dreams810 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Uninstaling and reinstalling If I do this will I lose my characters ?Bain8 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Getting Skills to Scale in Inferno I'm a lvl 60 WD in Inferno. It's a little frustrating that a lot of my spells are now effectively useless, either because another spell is better in every way or because the spell has a specific numeric bonus (+153 life per sec, gain 24 mana, etc.) which means that it becomes much less useful in the late game. Spells that use % are much more scalable because they improve dramatically with your weapon damage or your HP or your mana. To me it seems like every spell should be indexed to some stat. For instance, WD has a spell called Hex that summons a shaman that turns people into chickens. One of the runes "Hedge Magic" causes him to periodically heal the party. The level of healing increased with lvl, but now that I'm 60 the healing is always at 1800, even though my char may have 40k HP. It seems to me that spells like Hex would work a lot better if they were indexed to 10% of HP. Other spells grant a specific amount of mana back, similarly they should be indexed to some % of total mana, not to a number that grows irrelevant in the late game. Has anyone noticed these issues with other classes?Silo3 Jul 13, 2012