General Discussion

Jul 17, 2012 Bob Barker starts "The Buyout Is Right" Come on down!!!DeadPixel0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Bored? Learn some Mandarin Chinese! Apparently the reason a lot of people are here is because they're bored. This is very, very distressing for me to hear. Why be bored when you could be expanding your mind? Without drugs of course! So, in the interest of remedying this issue, and considering how often we get posters here from the PRC or another Chinese-speaking country, I thought everyone might be interested in learning just a little bit of Mandarin Chinese! Maybe you'll hate it, but just maybe you'll find a new passion as I did myself some time ago. The first part of your journey involves learning how to read pinyin, which is a pronunciation key used in the PRC and Singapore for learning how to pronounce the many characters found in the Chinese logographic writing system. Many gamers are already familiar with two parts of the pinyin for "hello" in Mandarin. These are: ni hao One critical piece is missing though, and that's the tonal markers. Because Mandarin, like many languages from the ESEA region, is a tonal language. More properly, you would write "hello" like this: nǐ hǎo "But what does it all mean?" you ask in a sultry whisper. Well, I'll tell you. There are four tonal markers used in the pinyin system, which are always found above a vowel in the syllable they are attached to. The first tone, which causes you to pronounce the syllable with a high, flat tone, looks like this ("ma" in pinyin is pronounced just like the ma in, "Hey pa, ma says dinner is ready!"): mā Pretend you're imitating the final beep of a microwave. The second tone, which causes you to pronounce the syllable with a rising tone, looks like this: má Think of how we stress that we're asking a question in English; that inflection is approximately the rising tone you're after. The third tone, which causes you to pronounce the syllable with a falling and then rising tone, looks like this: mǎ Pretend you're a stereotype of a "ghetto princess" saying "mmmhmmmm" or "uhhh-huh". Crass, but also true. The fourth tone, which causes you to pronounce the syllable with a sharp falling tone, looks like this: mà Pretend you're scolding a dog or small child for some wrongdoing or another. "NO!" Quick, sharp, starting high and ending low. But wait, there's more! Yes, there's a fifth tone used in pinyin, and it looks like this: ma Yeah, it's invisible. When no tonal marker is present, you're using fifth tone, which causes you to pronounce the syllable as if you were trying to say it audibly, but without anyone paying special attention to the syllable. It's kind of breathless, and I like to think of it as the "off the radar" tone. Continued on my next post in the thread...Middlebud4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Bots Vs Player Driven Economy A post put up about 24 hours ago is as copied / pasted word for word. ... Again... I'm wondering.... Instead of disabling things a player can do like repetitive farming runs of the same predictable elite pack spawns by making a limit on how many games can be made, I beg the question: Why are we forced to play online if being online doesn't automatically squash attempts to use bots and other 3rd party programs? Wasn't the idea of having the game exclusively online to ensure the integrity of the game wouldn't be compromised in the first place? This could be complete lack of computer knowledge. I admit. But I have had this question for a while now. I'm not attempting to kick up the dust or pick a fight. But seriously, tell me please?Zythe10 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Design your Divine item I’ll start out by saying that I know that this will never fly with Blizzard but they should consider it and if enough people chime in maybe they will. In the mean time let’s just have some fun with this concept. Anyway, this thread is about what types of Divine items you would like to see. So I will define what a Divine item is and give you an example. Please just post your ideas on Divine items and leave the Blizzard criticism for all the other threads. A divine item is a super rare, super buffed lvl 63 item that cannot be sold or transferred. The item is specific to a type of character and once worn by a character it is tied to the character. Once used the character must carry the item with them at all times. They don’t necessarily have to use the item but it cannot be dropped or stored away in the stash. The only way to get rid of the item is to have the Blacksmith salvage it, in which case they are guaranteed a Fiery Brimstone. Also, a character can only use one divine item at a time, they may possess and have the ability to switch between multiple divine items but only one can be used at any time. Here are the Properties of a Divine Item: 1. Minimum of 4 stat buffs (ex: Str, Dex, IAS, Crit Damage etc.) 2. 1 Skill buff (ex: No rage timer for Barbarian WoB, No spirit cost for Monks BofH etc.) 3. 1 Resource buff (ex: Fury regeneration increase by .55 per second, Arcane Power increased by 50% etc.) 4. 1 Cross character passive skill or ability (ex: One with Everything for Wizard, the ability to used ranged weapon for Barbarian etc.) Here is my example of a Divine Item: Maul Maximus (Barbarian 1 handed Axe) +400 Str. +200 Vit. +125 Res. All +750 LoH • No rage timer for WoB • Fury Regeneration increased by .55 per second • Near Death Experience granted to Barbarian The inspiration for this type of item was Thor and his hammer Mjolnir. The idea is that a divine item now adds another desperately needed element of variation to the game by creating an item that fundamentally changes the character and how you would equip and utilize the character. These items, like Mjolnir, would aid in defining the character. Imagine an amulet that gave Monks the ability to cast a Blizzard or a ring that gave a Demon Hunter the ability to teleport. All these traits would add extra dimensions to the game without fundamentally altering it, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you view the game in its current state. Also, I don’t feel divine items would detract from the AHs, instead I think it will facilitate activity on the AHs because depending on the item, players may need to rebuild their characters. In addition, if a player’s monk comes across a Divine item for a wizard it may prompt that player to build up a Wizard just to use the item. Currently, there is no item that makes we want to build up any character, I play a Barbarian, Monk and DH and if I come across a super buffed wand, the only thing I’m thinking about is how much I can get for it so I can buy something for one of my other characters. That would not be the case with Divine items. Again, this is a thread for you guys to go bonkers and design your own Divine item. I’m very curious to see what the community comes up with.Doajin2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Any level 46 Barbs want a 891 dps weapon? It's a polearm with 891 dps. Level requirement reduced by 14. 900 Life on Hit This polearm will take you all the way to Inferno I'll give it for free to any Barb who is level 46 to 48. Add me MetricTensor#6808 I'm at work now. Will give it when i get backMetricTensor5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 class passives I have a monk, a DH and I just rolled a barb, and I just noticed that why does almost all barb passives have a use? while the DH and monk has only a few passives that are good?BigDaddy0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Awesome iPhone 4 Diablo III Clip Case ! I bought a DIII clip case and my iphone looks AMAZING !!! Full support! You can buy it here: http://us.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=iPhoneGori2 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Auction House Listings Not Showing Up? I listed a quiver on the Auction House this morning before the Auction House went down with a low starting bid and a 1.4 million gold buyout. I believe the quiver to be worth quite a lot. It appears some people bid on it rather quickly, but the bidding abruptly stopped right around the time of the auction downtime. I thought it was odd that there has been no more bidding since then, and so I asked a few of my friends to try and search for it. Sure enough, if you filter the auction house for the quiver's specifications, it does not show up. And yet, it is still listed uner my "AUCTIONS" tab, and the time continues to tick down on it... Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I will be pretty dissapointed if this quiver ends up selling for 24k.... Here is the quiver if you'd like to search for it yourself: http://i.imgur.com/gFFv5.jpgmurDOC43 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Azzuran#6265 - Scam Trader He's pretty good, definitely up there with the World Class Douche Bags. Here's a few threads on him I found - There are 10 already http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5762727740 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036886002 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5913062139 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080662057 this ones pretty funny He got me yesterday, so here's a heads upSámpson0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 About spawning Rare events I am currently trying to complete achievements for Act 1, and I am trying to get the Revenge of Gharbad to spawn with not much luck. I realize that it is a function of the RNG so that's not an issue. However, I'm wondering if my current approach is somehow not "rerolling" the spawn. I started a new game at Trailing the Coven - Khazara Baricade and approached the event spawn point in the Southern Highlands. Occasionally it spawns The Lyceum but it usually spawns The Ancient Pyre tileset. Unfortunately it also spawns the elite Chupa Khazara mob and not the Gharbad event. To reset and try again, I Leave Game to the menu and then Resume Game, at which point it gives me a fresh Southern Highlands map. Will doing the above "reset" the random spawn, giving me the possibility of the Gharbad event, or (by only leaving and resuming) am I basically locked into the same random generation that will only ever spawn either The Lyceum or Chupa Khazara. Do I instead need to quit to the main menu, Change Quest, and start a new game each time to truly reset the potential for random generation of the Gharbad event?Zuzax0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Occultists Act 3 Inferno Need Nerfed The Occultist elite/champion packs in act 3 are too hard to kill. Steamrolling through everything only to get face smashed by these guys is frustrating. They run on the first hit, their abilities i.e. frozen bombs, molten, desecrate etc., seem to do more damage. Their primary attack dmg is just ridiculous. No other mob gives me trouble like these guys. Please nerf them!!MisterK0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 BEWARE Startawar IS A SCAMMER. Startawar #1868 Claimed to have high ping and would try to rapidly open and close trade window. Please be wary of this lying cheating scum.CloudNine10 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Played Nightmare mode in Diablo ll, my wife got me Diablo lll for my birthday...it's totaly different. This may sound lame, but how do I get Healing Potions and re-equip my weapons and armor?martin5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Lost Star Emerald So... I ask you guys.. and sorry for my English.. I am from Europe.. I lost my star Emerald.. have not sold it.. tried to sell it.. in AH but .. all the sudden it was gone from my chest/ stash ... U guys have any same experience? WTF is this game coming to... I mean I got the feeling it is like the wild wild west at the moment...SuperCeLL1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Blizz Should Give Me an ACHIEVEMENT for This! http://i.imgur.com/cyUaz.jpg Well, for ALL of US who managed to beat these goons! As one OP said - 'this is reddiculous!'Onepiece0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Umm... is there a difference..??? Past act 1 inferno..... is being naked any different from being fully armored when it comes to elites? Arcane sentry cuts through me like a hot knife through butter!!emagdniM0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 playing the AH ive had no luck really. i ended up playing MYSELF out of quite a bit of money and im left with things that ive had a lot of difficulty selling. are there any tips that i could get from some of you high-rollers that might help me get started in my ways of earning a good bit of gold? what should kind of items should i look for to start with? ive got 2 million to work with right now. anyone? all advice is helpful, and i will offer some gold to whoever helps. thank you!doughb1zzle6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 MF on follower Did they nerf follower's contribution to MF or was always only 20% of equipped gear?SAMUNOZ13 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 8 of the same bows in AH. Possible dupe? So this was going on before i had to go to sleep last night and the thread is now capped. Need to keep the discussion going Original Thread https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079712152#new-postDefile0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Blizz Should Give Me an ACHIEVEMENT for This! http://i.imgur.com/cyUazl.jpg Well, give us all who managed to beat one of these goons! The affixes are reddiculous (as one OP used to say!)Onepiece0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 All your million gold challenges... All your million gold challenges are meaningless. Anyone can skip champ packs and drop NV stacks to tailor skills for boss kills. Killing Diablo on inferno difficulty is not end game for Diablo 3. End game for Diablo 3 is item farming for gear that will let you item find more efficiently. Most players are not having issues beating Diablo on inferno. What most players are having a problem with is farming efficiently throughout inferno difficulty. Diablo 3 players have the right to be upset with Blizzard's cash grab at the cost of taking the fun out of the game. Chances are unless you bot or stare at the AH for hours on end the days of getting a deal on an item upgrade through the GAH are gone. Also as your gear improves your chances of finding an upgrade decline in all facets of the game. As an example of what I mean by this lets take a single attribute an item can have lets say vitality. And lets say that vitality can go 1-300 on the item. Now lets say every point of vitality has an equal chance of appearing on the item meaning 1-100 = 33.3% chance 101-200 = 33.3% and 201-300 = 33.3% approximate total 100%. I start the game with 100% chance to find an item upgrade with higher vitality. As I replace the item with an item of higher vitality that percentage goes down. Let's say I have 200 vitality on my item now any future drops would have a 33.3% of possible chance for upgrade, not a bad percentage. However when you add ilvl63 drop percentage of 8% or so from act 3 that 33.3% drops to 2.7% still not that bad however most upgrades at this level need 3 stats on them so the drop chance goes down to 0.3% to find an item upgrade. If your in the top 20% of gear the chance goes down to 0.06% If your in the top 10% of gear the chance goes down to 0.008% Of course these numbers are not exact values but what it does show is that as your gear does get better the time in between upgrade drastically starts to increase. I understand all players are different but each one will reach a point where the fun of farming will be stretched so thin between upgrades that they lose interest. That is the problem with Diablo 3 at the moment. Blizzard has set the time in between upgrades so high that it is frustrating the player base. TLDR; clever title to discuss poor item drop rates.Ozmodon5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Anvil of sin Is this suppoused to be !@#$ or what? I got better drops from the scorpions while doing the event then the damn anvil game me And does this even have an achivement?Shadowz1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 The AH is NOT fun That is the bottom line guys, the AH is not fun. Blizz won't but they need to remove the gold AH and the RMAH and buff drop rates. It is just flat out not fun to buy upgrades on the AH. I wouldn't mind seeing talent trees back but they won't change such a fundamental game element.Morg1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Looking for.... A few !@#$% who will be up for a very long time to play with me all my broke ^-* friends cant get diablo battle tag Sylar#1628 skype is raymond.marsland message me if you want to casually tear !@#$ up?Sylar1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 They Finally Got Me. I love this game so much and the frustration of not being able to farm/gear up to progress.... I broke down and bought 3m gold off of the AH. GD It! I swore I wouldn't do it. I just hope my wife doesn't ask where that $9 went.....Thermite30 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Farming.. Really? Wtf is farming in this game, seriously getting legends offa logs, chests and if your lucky an elite. Theres no pattern on how items drop and theres such a lack of actual items its depressing.. I loved how if you wanted runes in D2 you'd go and farm countess, wanted unique rings, go to andy... etc. Now I feel like iv'e planted random seeds of all kinds in field and expect it to be full with corn. I think its absolutly sad that you cant actually farm for what you want or need because everything is just TOO DAMN RANDOM... I mean even the elites the affixs are completly random... Obviously theres no one smart enough at blizzard to say "hey, whouldnt be more enjoyable if a monster that already has fast or knock back affix, got other affixs instead of the same !@#$ as there skills i.e soul rippers and thorned hulks. Well i trailed off topic, but the point of the thread is this.... How do you farm for something, when you dont know where it is? I.E. artisan plans...BongMasta19 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 WTS diablo inferno kill for 400k My stats: http://i.imgur.com/UURHA.jpg Rival#6269, leave a message and i will get back to you asap.Rival7 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 DIII - One of the best game of the year There is a very small few number of haters hating on Diablo 3 but more than 6 million people think this game is good or GREAT, so don't believe everything you read on forums! Complainers make the most noise! I will list SOME reasons why Diablo 3 is the best game made of all time: - Easy mode for even the most retarded people - Extreme mode for the true Gods of gamings - 5 Different Classes all with unique looks and skills - Option to Male OR Female for each of the Classes - Infinite number of different items with different stats to collect - 4 Unique Acts with many chapters in each one - Single-player & Multiplayer options for the campaign - Intense horror in some parts, but also having a fun side, for a nice mix and change of pace - Ability to trade items with other players, so you can trade an item you don't want with one that you do, so everyone is happy - A nice and user-friendly Auction House to buy and sell items in seconds - A Real Money Auction House so if you get a bit tired of farming or don't have enough gold, you can go there and buy what you need quickly for some real money with no problems - 3 Unique Companions with not only their own skills but, there own dialogue too - Big bosses, such as Grom, Butcher, Belial and Azmodan. Giving the feeling of epicness, pitting the players against titanic foes - Different style boss fights. Whether you have to stay off the fire squares on Butcher, avoid the smoke on Grom, dodge the green vortexes of Belial or move away for the Azmodan black holes, you must always adapt your strategy if you even hope to survive - Dyes for your armour, which good for making the individual character stand out or have the very personal feel - Gear modification that let's YOU decide how to mod it. Want to put 2 strength gems and 1 int in your 3 socket chest item? Go ahead. It's YOUR choice. As long as you have the sockets available, you can put what ever gem in there you like - 4 player multiplayer. Also because 4, you can never have all 4 classes, which means the players get to choose with combo of what classes will make the most effective team. Much fun to experiment with this - Countless different skill setups - Lots of weapons. Bow or sword, you choose what to equip and how to play - Revisiting chapters. You can easily jump to your favorite parts of the game any time you choose There is SOOOO much more as to why this game is just superb beyond imagination, I may add some more later, but it will take forever if I keep listing now.Gori25 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Must be a bug, Act 4 missing Ragnaros All this resist gear I've been collecting, that's what it's for I reckon. Help me out blue please fix the bug by making Ragnaros spawn and remove the RMAH.Volo3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Is it possible to remove the auction house? I feel like this game would be a more "true" version of Diablo without it. But is it possible to remove it entirely and make the economy function more like Diablo 2, or is the damage already done?Baneslayer8 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 WTB Ghom inferno run... PuuhleaEAeaEAease. Seriously, passed from easy to freakin' hard.Hyger4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Magic Find So let me get this. Magic find only affects if an item is going to be white, blue, yellow, or legendary and the amount of properties it gets right? So if there's a 16.3% chance of dropping ilvl 63 in act 3, magic find won't raise it?MrAwesome1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Will Crit be nerfed? it seems thats the only way to get over 200k dps. is this something that bliz encourages? or will this be nerfed?HungLow7 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 valor ok so i dc and my timers for berserker rage are still going, ie i have 30 secs left when i log back in on wotb timer but........ my valor is gone? wtf if you can keep the info for my wotb then you can keep my valor you !@#$spolno1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Custom Build @ LVL 60+ Gears are so important here; players are way too dependent on them. Player stats plays such a small role without gears in d3 thats its killing the actual definition of a RPG. D3 lacks personalization. We cannot customize our character. A barb is a barb...is a barb...same as other barbs...in appearance and stats. Going forward, beyond lvl 60, why not allow players to (at minimum) alocate their stats to complement the players individual playing style? Maybe theres a chance to revive the true essence and joy of playing a good RPG. What do you all think?HungLow0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Auction House Efficiency Not sure how many times these comments have been repeated (I haven't read much on the forums but I couldn't find a comprehensive list), but there are a few things I would like to see added to the Auction House to make it a bit more user friendly. 1. Show how much "sold" items sold for! It would be so much easier to set a price if you knew what people were getting and not just what they are asking. 2. Allow us to search for more than 3 variables. Yes, sometimes players are looking for more than that. 3. Show stats on items that we have in our auction log. 4. Add a "search for similar item" button so that we don't have to punch in a bunch of data to find something comparable. 5. When looking at an item in the Auction House, have it show how the character's stats would change by equipping that item. That would make it so much easier to see if the item I'm looking at is worthwhile compared to the item above/below it. I'm sure there are more issues but that is all I can think of at the moment. Maybe I will add some if others have suggestions.MrMind1780 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Diablo 3 ROCKS. GAME OF THE DECADE now if only they had pvp I wouldn't have to be sarcastictotallybaked0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 End Game Suggestion I'll start by saying this is not at all some sort of solve all for the game or even an attempt to fix major problems in the item pool or anything incredibly important at all... When you are leveling your character, the game feels more like "diablo 2" in how you farm and level. You get groups of enemies (as many as you can handle) and you bring them down quickly to get experience bonuses (or you quest farm, which is probably faster anyway haha) But once you hit 60 the things you used to do have no meaning any longer - there is no longer a reason to get large groups of enemies together at once, so you sort of play this kiting game where you just pick enemies off slowly as you proceed because it's a little safer. Now, most people aren't geared enough to be demolishing inferno (although act 1 can get decimated REAL fast by a reasonably well geared demon hunter or something) but have found it difficult to farm up to get items - Blizzard seems to be constantly nerfing things because of botting and trying to make things less and less useful as you go... But I have a proposition that I'd think would be up to blizzard's liking! (and no, they haven't 'left' or something - let's not even do that conversation) You've probably noticed as a level 60 that killing large groups of creatures awards you no bonus, but has a small notification of your massacre... Well, getting large groups of enemies and destroying them is really fun. There should be a bonus associated with that message, be it a small magic find buff (which I REALLY doubt because blizzard seems to hate magic find for some reason) OR it should reward you with a gold bonus. This would make it so that players who aren't as advanced in gear can at very least amass large groups in hell and take them down quickly to get some gold, and have a blast while doing it. Remember the cow level? You'd herd them into an area and then AoE them into oblivion, and it was GREAT. Let's take that into Diablo 3, make herding and killing groups of enemies benefit you END GAME AT LEVEL 60 which is, as has been said time and time again, "the game". Thoughts?Gimpyfish0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Patch Suggestions I suggest for the next patch to give barbarian its own unique set of weapons since everyone has decided to make melee wizards and 2h monks. I think the concept of using a melee weapon as a wizard is completely ridiculous as barbarian and monk should be the only ones using melee weapons due to their classes being "melee" classes. I have seen many melee wizards that do more dmg than barbarians due to their more powerful spell/abilities combined with their tankyness, it is completely ridiculous for a range character to be able to use close combat weapons and i think this should be addressed in future patches by removing the wizards ability to use melee weapons.rlafferty120 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 I AM QUITTING good job blizzard you made me quit your pathetic game. after 300 something hours of (FARMING) i havnt found an item that ive sold for more then 50mil gold.. good job considering you need 100mil to buy ONE descent piece of gear.. ONEEE honestly you guys messed up this game so bad i just hope you will fix this for the FUTUR players.. if there is any lolllBoss59 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Larder Grohm (inferno) Do developers run a test first before screwing everything up? for example the larder. I cant beat this guy I tried every tactics I could find in youtube and on the internet and I still can't beat the guy. I ran out of ideas in every possible way. I even asked for help and nobody could beat him. Any ideas if this thing will be fixed? coz I already wasted 300k on repair and pots for this guy. Is it going to be fix? or is it broken? or is it me?darksorrow56 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 AH feature please... Please make someone able to search the Auction House with more then 3 search criteria. I can't tell you how much time I waste looking through each entry looking for the right stats.Bahamut3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Haven't played in days because I can't die And not because I have mad Resits And not because I have mad HP And not because I have mad Skills It's because the repair costs are too high. Seriously, hear me out. I love playing the game. I like playing in public games and having fun. Dying is part of having fun, especially in a group. I like to charge into a mob, guns blazing and trying to kill of as much as I can before my teammates. Make jokes and laughing at each other. I like to change up skills and see how far I last. Less face it, Inferno or Bust. I'm not super geared because I'm not a hardcore player and can't get in enough hours to make tons of gold or farm super gear. Basically, I can't die. And that sucks, because I die :(KamelJabber0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Protect stat: include resists??? When hovering over an item in your inventory a window pops up telling the increase or decrease in life, damage and protection. When looking at a piece of armor with a resist stat (all resist for example) does that weigh in on the protection value that the window shows? or does that value refer to change in armor only? If anyone can help would be great.NhojCire11 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 News - Teenager Dies from Diablo 3? Wait hold on, is this true or did I miss something? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118531-Taiwanese-Teen-Dies-Following-Diablo-III-Binge If so, incredibly sad and my condolences to his family. I had heard a similar story recently.Similli41 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 What is *your* Effective HP in Diablo 3? This is something I made today; it's still buggy. Let me know what you think, and suggestions for improvement please. What is Effective HP? In Diablo 3, it can be difficult to compare the defensive abilities of different characters and classes. If you think about it, Damage Reduction from Armor, Resistance, Dodge, and Life (HP) all do the same thing. If you reduce half of the incoming damage, that is essentially the same thing as doubling your HP. The same goes for dodge and resistances. Thus, I created a formula for calculating a stat which I call effective life, or effective HP. This value is determined by multiplying four variables together: (1) your dodge multiplier, (2) your resistance multiplier, (3) your damage reduction multiplier, and (4) your life (HP). These are determined by taking the percentage value for the stat and converting it to a multiplier. For example, 75% converts to a multiplier of four. When all of these variables are multiplied together, it simplifies into a single value called effective HP. There is inconsistencies, such as the skills you are using, the fact that melee classes get a passive 30% bonus to damage reduction, and stats such as Life on Hit, Life Regen, and others that will effect your ability to survive Inferno. You can get your effective life in two ways. If you fill in the values in the form above, you must include the number for armor and resistance, but use the percentage for dodge. For me, I would put 9000 in the first box, 900 in the second, 46.8 in the third, and 38,000 in the last box. The other way to do it is to use ONLY percentages. Below is a sample link that includes the same values as in the example I just used. http://diablo3-stat-check.freevar.com/?a=75&r=75&d=46.8&hp=38000 What is your effective HP?RaptorChrist1 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 How do I use my Collector edition forum Icon? do I need to have a SC2 gameclient?Tishanda0 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Does Magic Find affect the Quality of items? Say I have 0% Magic Find and I'm running around with 5 Nephalem Valor in Act 1, but only 1 / 20 of the items I pick up are iLevel 63. I identify those items and they turn out to be crap. Now I equip a Magic Find set of let's say 300%. If I start running around again with those 5 Nephalem Valor Stacks, is the amount of i63 Items going to increase? Or will it still be just as random as if I were to run around with 0% MF? Also, does the Magic Find increase the chance of causing a rare to drop with superior stats in comparison to running around with no MF?Mesden4 Jul 17, 2012