General Discussion

Jul 13, 2012 New MF info on items = never playing co-op Besides with my good friends I am now never playing co-op again, total charity case and it's going to negatively effect the items I get. Sad because I actually enjoyed playing random co-op, meeting new people, helping em out with tips, gaining some tips here and there but if Blizzard is going to be so blatantly against co-op by continuing to punish everyone who has good MF with MF sharing especially now that we learned its going to negatively effect our items then I'm out. I don't want my chance at a godly drop going to someone I shared my MF with instead of myself, that's not fair or fun. I feel bad for the players who can't solo well, they'll simply quit now because they'll never find people playing games on their quest. I expect to see public games drop to dismal levels now, Welcome to seeing 100 public games inc within 2 weeks tops, way to encourage co-op play Blizzard, great job. Who else is not going to play public games now that they've learned about magic find effecting affixes on items? Who else is going to STILL play co-op knowing that (that has good MF)? I am curiousMasterJay2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Magic Find and Nephalem Valor Like many players, I am farming elites and champions in Act 1 Inferno getting up to my 5 NV stacks and hoping for some good drops. My question is this. How does magic find gear work with NV at 5 stacks? I know we get gaurenteed rare drops with 5 stacks, but does MF gear actually improve upon that as well by more or better rares? My understanding of MF (please correct me if I am wrong) is that the game uses RNG to determine what item is going to drop. Then your MF% is taken into consideration to see what quality the item is whether it be white, magic, rare, or legendary. I am trying to get a better understanding of these two game mechanics and how they work together. I have saved up a little stash of gold and don't want to waste it on MF gear if it will not make much of a difference.Kaileel1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Am I the only one enjoying this game? Am I the only person in the forum enjoying this game or what? Obviously this game is not perfect and Blizzard needs to take action and listen to the community ASAP, but overal Diablo 3 is my favourite game for the PC so far. Why the fock is everyone moaning? Blizzard will fix everything soon. Give it couple more months and you will !@#$ your pants 24/7. Not a single thread is positive, go play Pokemon.Pikachu108 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Proof RMAH isn't the answer to everything... CNN: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/13/city-cancels-piranha-bounty-as-other-fish-slaughtered/?hpt=hp_c2 Do the Chinese over farm everything?Myth0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 This was really a message from Jay "And by the way, we want you to have high expectations for Diablo III and all Blizzard games. That’s what pushes us to try to make the best gaming experiences we possibly can. If Diablo III wasn’t a worthy next installment in the Diablo series, we wouldn’t release it. That’s the way we do it. That’s the way we’ve always done it." and your sauce. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079872821 Even fanboys will have to admit, this game is not on par with other Blizzard releases. So did this game eliminate any expectation from you for a Blizz game?Brophus28 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Noob Question - Replaying previous Acts I am super casual. I only recently got my first character up to Inferno Act2 and I'm hitting a wall. I don't have a lot of money and the area I'm in now is beyond my current gear's ability to keep me alive and kill elite packs. I see a lot of posts about people who go back and farm certain areas of the game. I clicked on the "Change Quest" button to do this and it warned me that I would lose all my progress. That means if I wanted to go back to Act 4 Hell and kill things there, when I was satisfied with that, and wanted to go back to my current location in Inferno Act 2, I would have to actually beat Hell Diablo and play all the way back through Inferno Act 1 and part of Act 2? Is this what people are doing to farm, or is there a way to just jump backward in the story, kill things for awhile, then jump back to where you were, progress-wise?WyrdOne2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 A question regarding the story Would you have felt like you had a reason to progress further in the game and a reason to beat the game on inferno if cut scenes on normal were 1/4 of the story, nightmare was 1/2, hell was 3/4 and inferno gave you 100%. Would it change the way you looked at the grind of completing each difficulty? As a "casual" gamer I know personally it would give me more satisfaction.MellowsDad3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Buying/Selling Gold Outside of RMAH Bannable? Just looking for a clarification of the rules. Quite a few bans seem to be going out and there is a lot of talk. What I'm curious about is: can someone privately sell gold for real money in D3 (as many threads in the trade forums offer)? If not, I think Blizzard needs to make this *very* clear.Starbird39 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Stats bug blizz please read. I've notice when my gear is broken my dps goes down to 321 which i understand it's broken. But then i repair and that stat does not change. I have to un equip my weapon then re equip. Also notice stat change when the ittem show no change in protection but i loose some rest when i equip. I think this is a huge bug, if the item is not showing the correct changed how do I know all items comparisons are working? Example got a pair of boots showed huge gains in DPS and Vit zero loose in protection i equip it and my rest all goes down 30 points. WTF Blizzard a response please???MasterDavid2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Anyone else finding gold no sell on AH? What are we supposed to do with gold other than continue using the forum? It does not move on AH b.c it has to be way over the current standard of 1per million to make any money and if we are lucky enough to sell it they take 30% which is insane. Blizzard: Why would anyone use this when you can just sell it elsewhere and NOT pay 30%? How is this supposed to combat gold farmers who will flood both markets and make it impossible for anyone else to sell gold on the RMAH?Street1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 I want a refund Blizzard You can go ahead and just refund the price of the game on my credit card. Thanks BlizzardBigElmo1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 This game has better customization than D3... This game is great, and it's not even finished yet. More ways to customize your character too. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail&hl=enJerky0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 tedious work resolved we need a button or something that identifies all, in our person inventory!PwnMaster0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 RMAH : Blessing or Curse? I'm seldom the person to try and find something positive about something, but with the addition of the RMAH and a minor bit of personal success using it, I've actually noticed an increased quality of life. Weeks ago I was concerned about what Blizzard's intentions really were with RMAH, as I'm sure some of you were also. I thought they released Diablo 3 with overpowered stats like IAS so that they'd be in high demand and Blizzard would see increased profits from their transactions, and then by nerfing it, a new stat would become in-demand (like crit) further increasing their profits. Whether this is just an illusion or something they actually intended, I can't comment on. The more I thought about the RMAH and it's purpose though, I started thinking that maybe they had different intentions for it. The world economy SUCKS. Many people are unemployed. The people that are employed aren't getting the most handsome wages in the world, considering it is likely an employer who is struggling in this economy. Maybe Blizzard thought this could be another outlet for people to improve their quality of life. If someone has some free time after their 8-5 job, it can't hurt attempting to grind inferno for that small chance at a $100 item, meanwhile saving up gold and cheaper items. I've been able to use the RMAH to supplement the money I get from my job to support my parents, who have been paying off huge college loans and saving for retirement. That is a HUGE blessing that the RMAH has brought me, and I would be shocked if a blizzard employee didn't realize this type of potential when designing this platform. Finding a good build to clear inferno or a gg item for your personal character doesn't mean that you just get to progress further in the game, it could potentially mean you get to take your girlfriend or boyfriend out for a nice dinner, or to pay for your cell phone bill, or heck, even to buy a different video game. I'd like to hear what you all think about the RMAH and how it has been a curse or a blessing to you. The truth is, "I like money." - FritoD1SC1PL1N30 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Um WTF? http://i.imgur.com/wz18q.jpg?1 Was playing with my dad and found a pack where you couldn't see the affixes on the elite, so I roll over the minions and this is what I see lol. Ninja implementation of new affixes?Mcrocha10 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Suggestion for dealing w/ spammers: filters Just a feature I would absolutely love to see go into the game: User-created filters. Give me a box in the options menu where I can add my own set of filters, which will filter messages which CONTAIN any part of the words I enter. I can then add "www" ".com", "ur mom", etc. I'd like to be allowed to select which channel what filters apply to. Sure, it won't always catch all of them, but here's the rub: By having USERS create them, rather than blizzard have a set filter list, you do two things: 1) Blizzard isn't stopping users from legitimately posting things such as websites during conversations 2) Since it's not ONE 'persons' (blizzards) list, the spammers can't rely on just changing characters like they do in WoW (w \/\/ w . LOL . ~ C O M) for example. Yes, this will get through filters that a lot of people might start with, such as .www, but after a couple weeks of adding some things to the filter (like adding the most popular sites), it should vastly improve the chat experience. Just my two cents...BlacKCaT272 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 So wait, the MF really Blizz? You're going to now just release info on MF effecting affixes right on the heels of nerfing MF switching? You have any idea how inflated good MF items are now going to be? Holy crap...well I have a 242 vita 130 int 45 FR 34% MF ammy that I've been gouging for a couple days, might actually sell now :P I just find your timing awful on the economy but what else is new.MasterJay1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 There is no build diversity, Blizzard Contrary to what you believe, there really is no build diversity, let alone item diversity. Life on Hit / All Resists / High armor or die. You need to have your developers buff some other skills and runes and have your testers THOROUGHLY test them before releasing in patch. 99.9% of Wizards are Melee Wizards Stacking crit chance and crit damage with LoH and all resists 99.9% of Barbs are Tornado / Whirlwind Barbs Stacking crit chance with LoH and all resists 99.9% of Monks use the same build; Sweeping Wind + Blinding Flash + Serenity + Blazing Wrath because ALL of their other skills SUCK Demon Hunters? Post IAS nerf, most of them gave up full glass cannon and went for the tanky LoH/All Resists build, or that broken Natalya's set See a pattern here?CEYZILLA13 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 A Magic Find Charm People like Magic Find, and a lot of people feel that the flavor of Charms from D2 is missing. Many people also feel like the crating artisans are lackluster and boring, and don't see much use. Why not kill three birds with one stone by allowing us to salvage our magic find gear and craft it into a sort of lucky charm. Allow us to disenchant 6 - 8 pieces of gear all at once, and the magic find from those pieces of gear then turns into a charm with 50% - 100% of the magic find that we keep in our inventory. The charm could be small, taking up only 1 or 2 slots of space. You could also allow the salvaging of such gear to create the token transfer over a small amount of primary stat + vitality + resistances, like 5-10%, so finding high stat MF gear is still valuable. This process creates a soft cap by limiting the amount of pieces you can disenchant, and still provides a reason to search for high stat, good quality MF gear, involves the crafting artisans and satisfies the demands of both those who wanted charms in the game and those who want to have MF but not have to switch gear constantly. The charm would basically give you your max MF at all times without the hassle of switching, but an incentive to keep improving the quality of your charm in the end-game. What is going on over at Blizzard these days? I thought of this in 3 minutes. It's as if the current Blizzard team is completely incapable of thinking outside of the box, unlike the previous Blizzard North team that made Diablo 2 and all of its wonderful features that kept players satisfied for over 10 years.sfxer50 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 How do not-hardcores survive D3's inflation? I'm a more "casual" gamer, I get to play for a few hours a night if I'm lucky. Full time job and all that. I've gotten a wizard to 60 and I can handle Act I Inferno just fine but I don't have the gear to handle anything in Act II. But every time I get home and check the AH, prices for the gear I need have inflated more than I will have the opportunity to earn while playing that evening! It has gotten so bad that at this point I can no longer even afford equivalent gear to what I've got, let alone improve on it. I haven't "found" an item that I have actually used since level 20. On top of that, the less-than-ideal gear that I am finding is less and less valuable as time goes on simply because there's so much of it now. So my ability to earn money is actually reduced at the same time prices are going up. Things are worse for my wife, who is likewise at 60 but plays less than I do. The game seems to have become unplayable for us. (it doesn't help that we have recently discovered that lifesteal is nerfed at higher difficulties... oops, I guess we shouldn't have spent that gold on the lifesteal equip. It'd be nice if that would be called out in the tooltips, folks.) How the heck do people make the leap from Act I to Act II like this? It seems like I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what.Vestice55 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 MF gear switch no no but this is ok? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xim_1YbCDqw d3 feels like broken into so many pieces that there is no patch in the world that can fix it. monk bug, op class, bots, ah bots,big a-ss nerfing system and the hot topic is MF gear? btw, i am not even using MF gear switch or something like that so i don't really care about it.Brightside0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Why can you not FIX TOOLTIPS? Seriously? How many ppl do you have working on this and you can't change the 3 in the Blade Storm tooltip to a 2? It's bad enough you go around nerfing everything in sight, the least you can do is change the tooltips right away. My forehead is red from all the face palming I do in this game.Hadezown0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 How do I cut off and sell the Khazra heads??? In Act I there is a note that says you can get 25 gold for each Khazra head you bring to town, I've been killing a ton of Khazra's and 25 gold a piece is a lot of money for my level. I'm trying to figure out how you are supposed to cut the heads off and where you turn them in. I can't find a Khazra head collector in town anywhere, I've Googled around for this and haven't found anything. So three questions: 1. How do I cut off these heads? 2. Where do I turn them in? 3. Is farming Khazra heads a good moneymaking method? Do you get more than 25 gold in Nightmare/Hell/Inferno?sysproc88 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 MF%: Monster level effect on 6 affix % chance http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find So the cat's finally out of the bag: magic find% increases the quality of the items that drop beyond just normal/magic/rare/legendary. With a top down affix roll % chance, having higher magic find% means each item that drops has a higher chance of being better. This is neither surprising nor earth-shattering, but it brings up another point: what are the inherent 6 affix % chances for monsters in A1, 2, 3, 4? Without further explanation, this means farming A1 with high MF% is more optimal than anything, but I'm not so sure this is true. Read this: ... This implies that different monsters have different % chances to roll 6 affixes. This could well mean that A2, 3, 4 monsters all have higher inherent chances to roll 6 affixes i63 items, which is further enhanced by MF%. This would actually make sense and make a case for farming A4 vs. A3 because although the chance for an i63 to drop is the same, the chance that it will have 6 affixes will be higher in A4 than A3. Let's use a crude example. We're ignoring NV stacks which unbalance MF a little. We're also ignoring the fact that "2% i63" does not mean "2% i63 RARE", which is another discussion altogether: A1 elite has a 2% chance to drop an i63 item and a 5% chance for it to have 6 affixes. You wear 200% MF. This means that elite has a 2% chance to drop an i63 item with a 15% chance of it having 6 affixes. This means it has a 0.3% chance to drop a 6 affix i63 (2% x 15%). Again in reality it's much smaller since not all i63s are rares, but let's keep this simple. A2 elite has an 4% chance to drop an i63 item and a 10% chance for it to have 6 affixes. You wear 0% MF. This means it has a 0.4% chance to drop a 6 affix i63 (4% x 10%). So they're equal. Either farm A1 in 200% MF gear or farm A2 in 0% MF gear and your chance of getting a 6 affix i63 is identical IF those inherent percentages are what they are. Now - this is just an assumption, but without further details I would guess that higher acts are balanced to have higher rewards so everyone doesn't just all of a sudden do nothing but farm A1. If this is true, it could be that the only thing that's NOT affected by MF% are the rolls themselves within an item/affix class, which could be random - so getting a 6 affix i63 with great rolls vs. a 6 affix i63 with not so great rolls is unaffected by anything.Mikhail8 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 ouch lol transaction fees 10m gold sold for 25$ , ended up with 18$Zati4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 What's the point of achievements? I know I can get a different banner... sigil... flag... whatever thanks to doing things, but what is the reward of completing these things. No one cares whose flag is green versus red. Is there an actual advantage to going out of your way with all of this? Do we get xp? Items? resistances?Sindarus18 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Can somebody who understands weapon damage... Explain this to me. How would the one on the left reduce my overall WD damage by almost 800 pts??? While I am here, would anybody like to buy the one on the left for the same 500K that I just paid for it? http://i49.tinypic.com/35ivfya.jpgAztecHamster15 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Aren't you thankful? Botters are rampant, drops are not what "we" want, affix's are crazy, AH's are killing the game. yes Im thankful... I have a job, A beautiful wife and 2 kids. A car ( 2 of them). A nice tv and 2 computers. Im healthy. Im not one of the 297 people murder in Syria. My kids arent dieing of starvation. I havent lost any family members in the mess in the Middle East. I have insurance and a nice home. and 100 more reasons that I am thankful for. Perspective Its just a game If you freaked out about spending 69.99 for a game and got 200 + hours of relative enjoyment out if it you might want to try talking with a shrink. Many, many worse things can happen, Enjoy the game for what its worth. Heck enjoy your hate for the game for what its worth. Just try and remember there can ( and most likely will be) worse things that will happen. Just my 2 cents which I know is worthless but its free to post...num1bassist6 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Elites are designed to kill kiting classes. So after like 250 hours of play, i feel as though kiting classes are at a disadvantage vs elites, compared to melee. All melee has to worry about is the tried and true "DONT STAND IN THE FIRES!ZZ@!!" While affixs like vortex, waller, teleporter, mortar, missile damp, jailer and fast are all STRICTLY made to gib kiters. Now lets take a look at the affixs that effect melee. arcane (i guess) molten, desecrator, plauged and fire chains. I wont count knockback and nightmare because a CC is a CC and effects ranged and melee. And i also feel the melee affixs effect casters more than vise versa but thats besides the point. My point is, melee has to focus on not standing in the exact same spot, sometimes. Ive seen plenty of melee just stand in a pool until it disappears. And even if they do have to move, they are not INSTANTLY killed because of a half a second delay in their reaction time. Now im sure the melee will say "well all kiters have to do is run away, if all we have to do is not stand in fires" and you're exactly right. But those affixs prevent us from doing exactly that. Your affixs require reaction, where as ours prevent it. Just my thoughtsGOODWORK0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 PvP that Blizzard MUST Implement a DotA style PvP mode in Diablo 3... Think about how awesome this could be Make the map exactly like the original DotA with one side spawning horde of demons and one side spawning angels to wage battle against each other with each side having 5 Heroes. Instead of building items to make your character more powerful like in DotA you could have all the heroes only have their left and right click skills available for use. Your other 4 skills could be unlocked through out the match which would increase your power. These could be unlocked in any number of ways 1. Have 4 Flags on the map, 2 near one teams side, 2 near the other. For each flag that you control you unlock 1 of your 4 skills on the 1-4 key. In the beginning of the match each team would likely get the 2 closest flags and both teams would have left and righ click +1-2 skills available. This would cause a nice eb and flow to matches but if you managed to get all 4 flags it would likely seal your victory. 2. Earn gold like in DotA for killing the other teams npcs and heroes. You could then use this gold to purchase your skill slots. You could allow other things to be purchased as well like upgrades for your npc forces or temprary buffs. This game mode would fit so well in Diablo 3 and be lots of fun. It would have killing of large numbers of monsters/angels as well as strategic group pvp. The only reason I could see blizzard not wanting to do this AMAZING game mode would be because they are releasing a Moba type game themselves and wouldnt want this to give players no reason to buy the other one.Fearophobias44 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 The Worst Thing About This Forum is your post couldn't get through when a thread reaches its posts limit after you typed up a whole essay long and hit submit. Can't they grey-out the "reply" if it already reaches the limit beforehand????MisterAjikko3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Blizzard, you failed with commodity RMAH... You should have listened to me earlier. I told you to remove this area. I mean, the fact people even put stuff up on there ASTONISHES me. I understand things like Legendary plans and what not. But, Tome of Secrets? WTF!!! You are having a minimum of .25 cents to buy ONE of these. When you can buy ONE of them for 1200-2k depending on the flux of price. Same as low level gems. Set limitations on items that can be placed on ah. If someone DOES buy items of value like these, then they are the most retarded people in our world, should be shot, and you should feel sad for taking advantage of mentally handicapped. How do you feel now? PS: If you players are actually putting your items there, don't waste your time. Your que is probably 10 billion items behind do to farmers. So won't sell. You got better luck finding a ring on ah worth 1 mill and selling it 8-10 bucks.EscataFlayer1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Just a Reminder http://i.imgur.com/WAg8d.pngMorgoth2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Did A2 drops get ninja-nerfed? I feel like after the hotfix, all I am seeing now is il52-60 drop from there, and this is in VoA runs btw, as compared to before when I was getting loads of il62-63's. I know the game is suppose to be random for drops, but I also know the blizz is notorious for not telling people when they screw something up. Just as an example, the A3 drop rate nerf that took them four days to admit.Cardrel13 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Please Lock the active skill bar!!! I am getting tired of clicking and removing my skills from my active skill bar while killing mobs ect!. It removes the valor buff... Anyone else having this issue?? EDIT:I am not purposely clicking them... I am running from a mob and I click a skill and drag it off and drop it without even realizing it Can we get a Blue response please?Melonsmasher22 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Auction house 3 most successful game ever! They shut down every tuesday so they can get to the bank and exchange their yuan (chinese currency) for american dollars.Sindarus0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 RMAH: Blizzard's money printing machine! Anyone like me has ever thought that Blizzard could easily ''create'' items and put them on the RMAH themselves to cash in the 250$ instead of just a mere 15% +15% paypal transfer fee? Blizzard could create items with exceptional stats and sell thousands of them on the RMAH. You don't see the seller's name (although even if you did it would be super easy for Blizzard to create ''fake'' users) and there's no public records of the selling history of the RMAH. Blizzard is a business and its goal is to make money. And the optimum success in selling something is when you sell something you can create infinately without the need of any resources (except the computer energy and employe time). Why is there thousands of people saying they farm tons of hours and never see any ''250$ worth'' items? Some people have reported their numbers here saying for exemple after 300+ ilvl 63's, none of them was worth more than 100k on GAH even less on RMAH. If YOU had the power, would you create exceptional items yourself and sell them on the RMAH to make 250$? Be honest. Would you? I sure would.SkyLab10 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Auction House mobile app? I've been routinely missing out on good items/upgrades due to having a life. If I had an app on my phone that enabled me to bid on items that I wanted without being at a computer, my characters might suck a little less. Blues - has this idea ever been tossed around? The only problem I see with it is more sniping. Discuss.exRandomHero0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 So how much would i have to spend? I have 40K hp 30K dps, 700 resist all. How much would i have to spend on RMAH to get stats needed to farm act 3? If its not too bad i might just do it to get in the door?Lumindae0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Suggestion for Dyes Allow any item to use the vanishing dye, even legendary items. It's silly that I can't hide my ridiculous looking helmet just because it's legendary.Gillissie1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Guest Pass? Can anyone lend me a guess pass? I would like to try this so called Diablo 3 game before playing with a close friend <.<SiLvErWoLf27 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Act 2 completed not proud of it! So I was able to complete Act 2 inferno yesterday and have to say not proud of it. Reason why? In order to get all kulle stuff in the archive me and a barb just ran past everything to get what was needed. Beat kulle second attempt per are 3 player who as in the game the whole was finally able to join us(vote kick was off??) Beat belial first attempt pub game had to res twice do to lag... The reason we had to run thru everything is the unbelievable affixes on some elites and champ. Jailor,waller, and frozen in one group really when do i get to hit you, that's if i haven't been confined on molten or next to a sentry. What gives with the complete difference in damage taken by affixes?? I play monk with 800 rest all and 35k vit dps is low 15k. Because of such high prices i have had to sacrifice DPS for rest. I can stand in plague all day but molten and sentries get me every time. WHat's the point of rest all when different affixes do more damage then others. BTW with the barbs war cry my rest buffs to 1105 rest all still get hoosed by affixes. Then if you are in a multiplexer game you most likely get the luck of having 2 packs on you at once. Boy this is fun, not! Was doing a butcher run with 4 people in the highlands where you go down tot the south in the little paths. We got 2 packs and a boss it was the most ridiculous fight i have had ever in D3 same for others in the group. But with that many players we slowly chipped away and got them, and for what a couple rare 55 or 59 worthless. I think Blizzard should implement a reward drop the harder the pack the better loot you get. This will encourage people to fight the impossable groups instead of running the !@# offf to get away. So what now back to Act 1 and doing Butcher runs till the cows come home. I like doing them we have a good group and the rule is if anyone gets a drop that helps another player in the group they give it to them, unless the item is worth a mill than the player gets a discounted first offer. It works well because I'm a monk have 2 dhs and 1 wiz. So i get drops for their class vice versa.. Anyone like our group rules and would like to do runs with us give me yoiur battle tag we not always have 4 and troll or a 4th. Never open to the pub get noobs.. Plus if one of our group gets disconnected if it's open someone jumps right in. We've had to vote kick people just to get our group member back in the game. ,MasterDavid22 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Decreasing interest in game I have to say that this is really really rare for me. Usually I get a game and I stick with it for years. I mean I still have D2 installed on my work computer, however never touch it since May 17th. I player D1, D2, WoW, Warcraft 1-3, and starcraft. However I can say that it isn't one thing or nerfs, or anything that everyone else seems to be complaining about. I guess this game just isn't allowing for me to enjoy farming items due to the sheer lack of quality items out there. Before you all jump in and say "stop farming Normal, or NM, or hell, or A1 inferno, just know that I have farmed A1 inferno through A3 inferno at different spots at different times and there is just no more excitement. I am giving this game one more patch, where our uniques will have some relevance, and who knows, maybe MF will again too. However as I watch my interest in the game dwindle I find myself upset with Blizzard as they have never done this to me in the past and let me down on an investment. Please make farming and loot hunting in this game fun again. The AH has demolished the trading community, there is no personality, the prices are God aweful, and there is no personal connection with who is selling you your goods. If I can't enjoy the AH, and I can't enjoy farming, then how can I enjoy this game?!?Sindarus7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Food Fight! So we havent had any fun threads lately and thought I would start one. Roast Beef Tenderloin with Brandied Steakside Mushrooms Makes:4 to 6 servings Ingredients: 1 beef tenderloin (about 2 pounds), trimmed of fat and silver skin 2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon black peper 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature 1 tablespoon vegetable oil Brandied steakside mushrooms: 3 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced lengthwise 1/2 cup ( 8 tablespoons ) butter Seasoning salt 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce 1/2 cup brandy ... Double all you want Jay, your chili will not win! ... Sorry Kaivax real meat always wins. :(Tux0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Where is out Cancel button? For AH?penk5 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Public Games- Hell back to Nightmare I haven't been able to find the answer to this question so I'm hoping someone who reads this will know and help me =) I am currently in Act 4 of Hell and I want to go back to the Nightmare difficulty because my gear just isn't where it needs to be at this point in the game. Thing is that I only ever like to play in PUBLIC games. I can't seem to get back into a Nightmare Public game, there's prolly a rule somewhere but I can't find it. If you know please post and thank you! I can't afford to die I'm hemorrhaging gold >_<Ihriana2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Add a 30sec timer to commodity auctions Just then (yes I know it's my own mistake, I don't need to be told again) sold over 50 fiery brimstones for around 1mil (20500 gold each instead of 205000). Of course, with such a ridiculously low price, it got sold almost instantly so I could not take it down in time. I know many other people may have done the same so why not add a 30 second timer before it gets put up on the ah?pbeary1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Some Players may be Saving the Game Hi all, Being able to understand both Portuguese and English languages I'm used to check both US and Brazilian Diablo 3's forum. Today I found a very interesting initiative on Brazilian's forum I want to share: http://us.battle.net/d3/pt/forum/topic/6079750002 If you don't speak Portuguese (most of you I guess), let me try to explain. A group of player that are already able to farm act II (at least) are GIVING items to other players that don't have good equipments instead of selling it on AH; they are also inviting any players that want to share the same goal to join them in a facebook community ("Sociedade Horádrica" or "Horadric Society" in English). Also, they are crafting items for people for no cost than the material cost of the craft. The main language of the community is Portuguese, but I'm sure there is members enough speaking English for you being able to join. Some hope has being restored. Their facebook link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sociedadehoradrica/Rago19 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Diablo experience and POV Im not going to totally bash this like some, just stating what a player remembers and sees. Im not offering any solutions to the game. As a customer i shouldnt have any. They sell it, and you hate it? move on. Their fault for missing the target. Game Time: Diablo 1 - only 2-3 Diablo kills and that was it for me. Started right after D2 release. Diablo 2 and LOD - 5years of play. Didnt start right away, late bloomer. Played LOD religiously until 1.11?. Had 2 barbs (WW, dual perfect schaefer frenzy barb), 3 pallies ( original pally, fana dueler and concentration dueler), and handful of other toons. Spent most time in pally duels. I was top5 East. Did not care for the caster/elemental damage patch ( ill bring this up later). Diablo 3 - might make it to 3months, maybe. Items: Diablo - my 1st unique (i like "unique" more than "legendary" btw) Gnarled Root off the tavern sign quest mob. D2+LOD - D2 was a rare base game as I remember. I had fun making blue bone helms and dual kick !@# flails in Jamella's editor pre-LOD. My first unique was Kelpie Snare in act1 NM random mob. I found the rares to be just as fun as uniques, especially the kickass named rares. D3 - I have been rather lucky in item area. 1st 3 legendaries ive found WITHOUT MF: Obsidian Ring of Zodiac, Butchers axe, and Promise of Glory. The names of rares is pretty good and funny at times. The ring called "Awful Prize" made me giggle. I have no problem with rares being the "good" items. Whatever makes your toon a god, and fun, Im OK with. I know Blizz doesn't care for the dupes as it makes the game OP and lessens the feel of "unique". Having to farm for a very long time is no problem for me. Its part of Diablo lol. Gameplay: I think D2LOD was the best game ever. People based PVP and economy. Meaning no tournies just people governed themselves. I only ever had 1 99. A Frenzy barb. I remember spending like 12 hours of cow runs to go from 98.5 to 99. I stopped playing D2 after 1.11?. I got booted a couple times for maphack and vowed not to buy D3. Maphack not OK in D3? But perfectly legal and company issued in WoW?(quest helper) That pissed me off something severe. Not sever enough though, $$$ brought me back. D2 was very very monotonous. TONS of runs just for simple pieces of gear like a T-Gods. So people $%^-*ing over the loot drops now makes me giggle. D3 is the total opposite. In fact, so much that i think it is the downfall of the game. Theres no need to make multiple toons, getting to max level is fast. And theres no PVP yet. PVP will change a lot of things though. Im a melee fighter. So i didnt care for the caster love in D2. Hammerdin was OK i just loved zeal more. And since then, Ive been complaining to my friends that Blizz has a !@#$%^ for finger wigglers and bows. Its not OK to do decent damage in a group fight and leech off it? But its pretty darn OK to cast hydra through closed doors or shoot bows through tree stumps? This may end up being the reason im done with Blizz. I think a barb might end up being the best PVPer though. I love the barbs as you might tell. Playing through the game i thought it was 1 of the best made melee characters I had ever played. Until I got to inferno, where leeching and LoH get nerfed and the use of the fun spells like Chains goes away for something like ignore pain. Dont like that my wizard is a better tank though. Diamond Skin. Energy Armor: 35% of life in 1 hit armor spell. Plus they get to lower cooldowns and then even lower cooldowns for faster repeating. Fingerwiggling hard-on. But i play it cuz i know Blizz will keep loving them and thus making me more gold. Overall D2 was a blast and addicting. D3 is just plain underwhelming.Rhinestar1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Question for the D3 fans. What would you say to someone if you get to recommend this game to a friend. (the friend im talking about is someone who saved your life numerous time, and knowing that he trust you with his life.)darksorrow7 Jul 13, 2012