General Discussion

Jul 5, 2012 Well, look at the bright side... There won't be lag anymore now that everyone stopped playing. Sadly I won't enjoy that because I also stopped playing.GnralFailure1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 How to Fix [Farming] Blizzard has clearly stated they want players to farm content the way they intended it to be done, and has steered people in that direction. Now whether or not that is a good thing is entirely up for debate but I think I have a potential solution that would be ideal for everyone. It's true that playing through an act , "the way it's meant to be played", is a lot more fun, feels less like a grind, and keeps people interested and playing for longer. But it's not an efficient farming strategy. As you know this game is all about farming, and being as efficient as possible in doing so is what people care most about. As we saw with chest runs, people are willing to do even the most tedious of tasks if the promise of good loot is there. Now as far as I'm concerned the recent changes have been great, and the promise of good loot is there. You have an option to farm even Act 1 with the potential of getting the best loot, and by the end of a mini farm session come out of it with a LOT of rares. But here's the problem with rares in my mind. Yes they offer a chance at being the best items in the game, but they almost always turn out to be completely useless. If you think about all the different combinations of factors that need to happen in order to get a good rare, it's insane. (First check: needs high ilvl, second check: needs to roll with many properties (between 4 - 7), third check: needs to roll at least 3 good properties, fourth check: they need to be really high rolls). So what does this mean, rares can potentially be the best items in the game but most often relegated to salvage fodder. The key here is they are not a consistent upgrade path. They are the items of the uber rich, they are the lottery and gambling system of D2. This is actually really great, especially for the end game life span of this game, this system works perfectly. Eventually you win the lottery and you get some truly godly items. So what then constitutes a consistent upgrade path you ask? Set items and Legendaries. They guarantee a certain quality, a base level of stats and properties that no matter the rolls still make them viable items. The problem? There is no way to farm them. They just don't drop. In all my playtime I've had two set items and one legendary item drop, all of them off normal mobs no less. So what are we left with? A system where you can farm more rares than you can shake a stick at, and at the end of the run when you ID bomb all of them you're left with a bunch of worthless crap and no motivation to do another run through. This system itself is fine (especially for game longevity), but only if it's coupled with a way to consistently farm viable upgrades through Set items and Legendaries. I can't just run out and kill Mephisto a couple dozen times and eventually find that unique Shaco or Gilded Shield (HOZ), which I know will be good regardless of what base armour/stats it spawns. Proposed change Tweak it however you like until the balance of it feels just right, but the basic idea here is that after X champion packs killed you get a guaranteed drop of a Set item or Legendary. So maybe after killing 10 champion packs the next one killed will drop one, maybe make it on the 15th champion pack. Maybe make it so after killing 10 champion packs you get a guaranteed Set item / Legendary off any boss kill. Make it so that different bosses are more likely to drop certain Set items / Legendaries, or some drop only certain types. So either like NM Andariel had the best chances at dropping a SoJ in the game, Skeleton King will have the best chances at dropping X, Y, Z items. Or make it so that Skeleton King drops boots, Butcher drops pants, Diablo drops weapons... For example, tweak weapons to not be fail and offer better DPS and make them guaranteed drops off Diablo when you have those 10 champion kills. Or just make him have higher chances of dropping weapons so it's not too easy to farm, I don't know really know. There's a lot of play here, and I think it's very viable provided you tweak the requirements properly so it has the right balance of not being too easy or too rewarding, but that there is a viable upgrade path with consistent smaller gains rather then sporadic large gains with nothing in-between. What's important here is it's win / win for everyone. People play the game the way it's intended to be played, enjoy doing so and in the process of it actually have a shot at some decent items. TLDR After X number of champion kills (10 -15) have either the next champion pack or a boss drop a guaranteed Set item or Legendary & tweak certain bosses to have higher drop rates for certain items.Myst2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Magic Find Proposal Magic Find Proposal: Give all gear a small yet substantial boost to magic find. Each piece of item would have its substantial boost, yet not enough to constitute a large difference if swapped with another piece. perhaps .1%-.2% per item level, followed by -1% for blue, +0% for yellow, +1% for legendary. (non-magical items would carry no magic find bonuses at all) For example, a blue ilevel 63 would have 5.3-6.3% magic find generated on it, a yellow ilvl63 would have 6.3-7.3% and a legendary ilvl 63 would have 7.3-8.3%. a level 8 blue would have .8%-1%=-.2%, so have a minimum value of 0. Basically, alleviate the problem by eliminating magic find gear as a separate set of armor needing to be equipped. When it was announced that magic find would be equally distributed between all members of the group, debate was often quelled by the notion that "gear will have both lots of MF AND DPS, it probably won't even be that big of a deal that it's distributed because everyone will have lots of everything" ... an assumption that was very misplaced. Yet, it can still be corrected. The purpose of DIII is non-stop hack and slash action. As the game is now, we make a choice: Limit your ability to hack and slash for the sake of gathering items that have superior hack and slash capabilities, or limit your ability to gather upgrades by using superior firepower- gear designed to actually play the game. On one side of the fence you hate to risk stagnation by ridding yourself of proper magic find, yet on the other you wish to continue progressing towards the ends of Inferno which requires the superior gear. "These MF gloves will definitely get me the MF pants I need to get the gloves and pants I really want" is a silly way to play the game. We end up gathering set after set after set... one set for magic find... one set for pvp (when it comes out)... one set for dps... one set for survivability... is it not enough that we already spend time collecting gear for each individual character that we want to play? We also need to collect multiple sets for each character, based on HOW we want to play that character, for each set of circumstances, for each goal and sometimes as specific as to which ACT we wish to farm. We will still spend plenty of time playing Diablo the same way we always have, save this one little annoyance. Remove Magic Find as a stat and have it replaced with something more substantially relative to actual game-play. Turn it into resist-all, or vitality, or protection- something every class could use so it doesn't cause an uproar. Remove magic find from the typical stat generating format, and see us all better off for it.Menkira0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Long Live Deckard Cain! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_KpHDPF-0&feature=plcpLVnative0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Prediction for the General Chat channel Due to Blizzard's inability to remove gold spam, the General Channel will ultimately be filled with Gold spamming bots trying to get each other to buy their gold. Eventually the Bots will gain sentience, and code a better version of Diablo 3 and start selling it to end users who will buy it in droves.Garhent1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 A Modest Suggestion...or Two Let me start by saying I love Diablo 3, I loved the first two games and the 3rd installment holds just as much place in my gamer heart as the others. I've logged in over 300 hours on my Demon Hunter and over the course of those hours I've compiled a little list of my personal suggestions for things I'd like to see implemented whether in the near future or eventually down the road. Some of these may have been noted or commented on by Blizzard all ready but I'll list them anyway. Okay, here we go! First up on the list in the Auction House. Love it or hate it, it's part of Diablo 3 and it's here to stay. Personally, I like it but I feel we can make it a little better. 1. I'd like to be able to see the stats of a sold item in the "Completed Items" tab. If it sold for 3mil gold, I've love to be able to see just what that thing was. While we're at it, I'd like to see what my buyout was for my items that didn't sell, so I can easily adjust it if I want to re-list the item without searching the auction house for comparable loot. 2. Speaking of searching, we can make that better too. I'd like to be able to search for more than 3 stats. Sometimes that's just not enough to easily find what you need. I'd also like to see a way to search for minimum damage on an item. exclude items with no Buy Out set, and even be able to exclude unwanted stats in my searches. (I play a Demon Hunter, I don't need Thorns on any item. If I'm getting hit in the face, I'm having a bad time.) 3. This has been mentioned as something that will come but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. I'd like to be able to cancel an auction. Sometimes I've got my 10 items up and I feel some of them are a waste of time, let me cancel those auctions. Another interesting thing to possibly add would be allowing us to lower our Buy Out price during an active auction. Next up is the User Interface. It's not too shabby, it was designed not to be an over-developed, complicated airplane pilot seat of random crap and I feel that it's more or less there. Everything feels pretty intuitive but... 1. I'd like to have a weapon switch tab like we had in Diablo 2. I'd like to be able to switch between a Bow/Quiver to Dual Hand-Crossbows at the drop of a hat. I don't currently have any good 1 handed crossbows, but I'd like the option. Also good for other classes to quickly switch to Sword/Board if a really hard hitting pack comes along. 2. I like my character sheet, it shows everything I need to see...most of the time. I'd like an option to ignore current buffs when calculating my stats. It's really hard to see my normal DPS when I have Sharpshooter constantly stacking while I'm in town twiddling my thumbs without taking it off and negating my Nephalem Valor stacks, which brings me to... 3. I know it's been mentioned but I would love a confirmation box if we stupidly move a skill on the U.I. on accident so I don't nerd rage into a stroke when I reset my Nephalem Valor. 4. I'd like to be able to make my chat box bigger, to fit more lines of text. I recall somebody saying that would be a huge pain due to limitations on how it's built but I'm just saying it would be nice to have. Onto...the game itself! 1. Stash size. More. Even one more tab just for crafting materials and gems would be a huge help, I'll even pay gold for it! But for the love of Tyrael, do it! If my stash overflows anymore, I'll get jacked by a loot goblin! 2. In-game emotes, I love them. I have my personal set of them keybound to my numpad but I feel we're really missing a laugh option. Sometimes when I smoke-screen into a pack of 30 mobs and hit a 100% crit chance Fan of Knives, I feel nothing would be more appropriate than my Demon Hunter cackling at the carnage in her sexy voice. 3. I'd like an option to allow my attack to automatically switch from my Hatred dump to my Hatred generation skill (referring to primary/secondary set skills, though a full menu to customize that would be awesome). If I run out of hatred for Frost Arrow, I'd like the game to assume I mean to fill the enemy with Hungering Arrows, not rinkey-dink wal-mart arrows. I'm sure a bunch of other things I was mulling over in my head before have escaped me in the process of writing all this out but I'll edit in anything I'll recall afterwards. I would add in suggestions for some skill changes (as many skills I find useless, at least on the DH, I won't speak for other classes without having more time on them) but I know you guys are working on a whole plethora of class changes for a future patch so we'll leave that out until the clock comes closer to striking that hour.Fenaeris0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Ninja nerf on gold drops? Maybe it is just me or it is specifically Arreat Crater but i'm getting ridiculously small amounts of gold dropping for me in hell mode and also less often and I have 200% gold find without stacks on my DH....Anyone else notice this?DeadxBeat0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Are Diablo 3 Items Unique to you? I am a big D2 fan, and the items from D3 just remind me of D3. They don't have the unique stats that you were used to seeing from D2 items. They are very very boring. You have a piece of armor that has a name like which means what? It's a different color on the screen but has the same type of stats that role on rares? What is the point of that. Epic failure with the items Blizz.Raiden0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Vidar the Merchant needs a nerf...... If its already been said my bad but I can't bear this guys comments anymore...they just feel like Blizz is rubbing it in my face everytime I vendor something: "...too much pain, not enough profit" - hmmmm ya don't get me started on where this can go and: "...I will survive, as long as you buy something" again...(biting my knuckles tryin not to lose it) the metaphor is too freakin close to home for me to take. Just don't count on us buying anything anytime soon from you Blizz Please ...take these comments away from this NPC asapRazor4 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Can we have a title system Just to name one, Aoibanshee, the champion of garbage looter. Worst loot was a 1 hander from Inferno A4 with something like 97.X DPS Endless garbage loot from A1/A3 where I farm the most should have a title or achievement for reward. Something like Your garbage collection is over 9000!Aoibanshee0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Inferno Mode!!! I do not mind that you made inferno mode hard in fact I like the challenge of playing through the lvls, but what i have found is the you can spend days farming to get about 7 to 8 out of 10 yellow items as item level 52 to 59 with little to no realistic use in inferno mode. The few items you do get yellows or legendaries, they have stats that are not applicable about 80% of your toons and more so used for DE fodder. So Why even have level 52 to 59 in inferno when you can go to WS in other modes to gear your lower lvl toons, I mean gearing up should not have to be suck a chore nor should i have to stair at AH for Hr looking for reasonable gear with balanced stats. Also may want to look at toning down all the dependency to function in inferno (IE gear swapping for MF, OVER stacking resistance to just move around, and balancing all the class stats.) Few things maybe to consider would be to range the gear from item lvl 59 lvl 60 and item lvl 63 lvl 60 gear as the primary drops in inferno with the occasional legendaries. As well look at your rng for stats on gear. Thanks :*Gets off his soap box and sits back down to play with wife in D3*:Airabas690 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 In regards to Magic find The question should not be how it can be fixed, but rather, in what way is it broken. I find it interesting that blizzard has proposed these steps to fix this "Problem" when in reality this is just a part of the game. taking gear switching away can in no way be construed as a positive fix to this game. it goes against everything blizzard has stood for with this game, in regards to the ease and simplicity for new players. Personally I find the whole thing quite offensive (the ease of use that we see in this game). But I wont complain in this post. I just find it silly that they have come up with hidden and complex ways to "fix" a vital game system because they don't like the way its being used. first of all, with their stance of nothing hidden/nothing hard (this is already a silly stance what with the leach life) and second of all, the fact that they are trying to tightly control game systems in a game where systems should be free to be explored. there is nothing wrong with magic find as it is now. Nothing. If you (blizzard) really wanted to improve upon it, here is probably the best suggestion your going to find. Create a gear swap like diablo 2, and set a timer on it so that once you "switch gear" you have to wait a certain period of time before you "equip" the gear. it means you have to run around for that time frame without being able to attack while "switching" Its risking and rewarding at the same time.Raynefire1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Hell, Inferno and Elites - Repair multi mobs I wait 5 days to play and get to spend one full day on d3 get to inferno lvl with my wife and cant go past the inferno actI. Roll back to hell dif and do some gear grinding to progress and get swarmed by elite packs that chain together, bubble, meteor and multiply all at the same time. WTH? There is no winning in that scenario. Then to top it off I now have a 90k repair bill???? When will I get any money? I am at the point now were I cant afford to play in game.Loki0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 If d2 worked, why change it? Everyone loved d2 and played it for many years. Why would a company that has had succes with a game for 12 years not want to emulate that game in it's 3rd release? Why not take everything that was great in d2 and make it better in d3. The d2 foundation was already there. All you needed to do was come up with a new story, new graphics, new maps, some new classes, new skills, and new items. That was it, it would have been a smash hit. Why do gaming companies always think they have to radically change the game with a new release. It almost always fails. Look what happened with C&C 4. Stick with what works and you will have continued success and mostly happy customers.Ravenlock1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 The main problem I see with Legendaries There are way too many variations of the same legendary items. At least in D2 you had the same stats on the legendary, the numbers just differed, D3 changes main stats completely totally ruining the uniqueness of the item.Gavernty3 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Most insta-gibbed contest. Here's a fun idea. Take a screen of the most horrendous death you've had today to OP affixes and upload to imgur. Whoever was the most insta-killed gets five internets. http://imgur.com/JiPcU Purple, purple, so much purple!Whiteseal0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 NV + Game Progression- Constructive Criticism I'm not a frequent poster in these forums, and hoping that my threat doesn't spark a flame war and that the devs find my opinion helpful. However, I know how busy everyone is so if this falls through the cracks I'll just try again later if I don't see any notes about something like this happening. I actually enjoy playing this game, and the recent buffs to item drops have re-kindled my interest and brought me back from a small break I had taken for college finals. However, I'm still noticing one problem that is static throughout Infernal mode, and that I think the community would benefit from improvement of. During the patch when the item drop rates were changed, the "patch preview" topics stated that the changes were meant to encourage players not to simply farm bosses and reset, but to wish to progress after bosses and continue through the Infernal Mode game. When the drop rates were re-configured to be a bit more user friendly, another note was made that the developers never intended to force us to only farm elite packs. So, we now have a good balance of farming all elites we want, then killing bosses, and having a good chance for quality rewards from both. However, counter-productive to that "encouraged advancement" is the fact that when you kill a final act boss and try to move into the next act, your Nephalem Valor buff disappears. It doesn't matter if you've managed to retain the buff for 2-5 hours by farming every single elite throughout an act without having to switch runes, swap passives, or change skills (and in some cases, managed to avoid accidentally switching the position of elective mode skills). If you want to progress into the next act, you lose. I believe that it would be more encouraging for players to advance through the game if we were able to retain our NV buffs when moving into a new act. Currently, I farm Act 2 Inferno with ease, but the difficulty in killing the mobs once I get to act 3 makes it way too costly to attempt to rebuild my NV buffs before trying to tackle bosses. If I have to switch out to MF gear to kill an elite pack because I don't have any NV buffs, it isn't worth it. If I don't get any items as I re-stack my valor buffs, I've actually lost all the pickup gold I made in Act 2 by paying my Act 3 repair bills. If, however, I retained my Act 2 valor buffs, I could pick my battles in act 3 and only kill the elite packs that are manageable for me, while avoiding the packs I know will cost me a lot in repair costs. tl;dr - NV should persist through act progression to encourage players to naturally advance through the game instead of resetting "easy" acts to avoid wasting gold.Alarra5 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Group chat not working? Am I the only one that types /p before a party chat to talk and I get the error that im not even in game?Sabby3 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Reinstalled, tried playing. Uninstalled again :( Very sadPainTrain8 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Everything going great in act3 and then.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Shlongor/Screenshot069.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Shlongor/Screenshot070.jpg They spawned together in that area. Even with a nearly broken build this is restart mode.Duriel0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Cannot trade ingame with my friend? Help PLZ! I just bought two(2) digital versions of D3 for me and my son two days ago. We have downloaded and play the game together from the same room in our house. The option to trade with him is not available, and if I throw items on the ground he cannot see them. What the hell?? How stupid is that? We get gear all the time that we want to give each other but are not able too. Is there a level limit on trading or something? What the hell are we doing wrong? Everywhere I read says that we should be able to trade with each other no problem, and yet we cannot. Please someone tell me what we are doing wrong, this is very frustrating.Greene1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Game Design Demotivator Poster Thought people might enjoy this: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7498116652_8394673b07_b.jpgQuidfacis0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Some fun Diablo 3 facts ok, since this game is so fail, and we need something positive, here is something you can enjoy about the game. If you type in the following in Google, you get these results Jay Wilson+retard 174 000 hits Diablo 3+fail 9 800 000 hits RMAH+sucks 1 920 000 hits IAS nerf+dumb 225 000 hits Bnet+Garbage 230 000 hit Think of anything else, feel free to add. EnjoyShatterStar0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 [Constructive] Features that need overhaul 1. Nephalem Valor ... ... ... ...Blizzplanet0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Endless Dungeon Please!! If farming is endgame at least make it less of a hassle. I don't want to continue to play through a story line that lost its luster by Hell mode. Give us an endless dungeon for each act of inferno. Make it a mix of all the mobs from the full game and just mix them in to a random dungeon map and let us go wild. They would need to be act appropriate in difficulty of course. I would much rather work toward getting down to dungeon level 10,000 than continue to finish these acts only to start over again.Nevarr11 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Dont you remember? How hard is was in D2 classic to find a godly rare item? You could go almost a whole season if not an entire ladder season without finding a godly item yourself. I dunno why you guys are so upset about not finding a godly item when it was even harder in D2 to find one. Then to get a godly item you needed another godly item or sojs which were also hard to come by. You dont deserve one, your not entitled to one.. wow you farmed for 2-3 hours, who cares? You earn it by farming and farming and farming in classic DIABLO fashion. /flame shield on!VitaminEZ89 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 I finally defeated Inferno Diablo. its been a long slow journey but minutes ago i have finally defeated diablo on inferno. i know what you're thinking.. so what? people did it months ago! well i take pride in knowing i never used any exploits, bought anything with real money, farmed goblins/chests till they got removed and lowered loot. i am proud. but now what? i beat the game do i just grind better gear to beat it easier? gear up my other characters? *shrugs* who knows.BigJoe8 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Gold Spamming has reached epidemic levels... I log in to Diablo and see the general and trade channels have fewer than 100 people in them. Within the first ten minutes of playing, I have reported 10 gold spammers, over the next hour I will report at minimum, 15 more. Over 1/2 the people that purchased this game and are "active" with the chat channels are gold spammers. What gives? I have been playing MMOs and other multiplayer games similar in nature for over fifteen years and have never seen anything this prolific.Zenitram28 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Constructive criticism So the game is out progressing towards the two-months old "milestone". Most of those who tried this game have come to the same conclusions, but I'll try to add a little twist to the suggestions I'll give devs (free of charge!). TL:DR? I'll provide you overzealous fellas with a summary section! Issue #1: Mob-a-fragilistics My own inferno experience makes me believe the major bosses (belial, azmodan, etc.) are where they are supposed to be (some could use a slight buff but most are properly balanced). On the other hand, the elite mobs are just licenced to kill and should I remind the dev they said that they would avoid D2 footsteps in regards to one-shot kill? Even our build are being one-shot, as I need to be uttely defensive and can't afford to change 1 skill (the best I can do is switch runes). Solution 1: 1-affix mobs. Instead of adding affixes with each difficulty level, I would boost the damage or duration of these affixes on 1-affix only elite/champs. That would provide us with nearly 25 different playstyle depending on what type of mobs we are up against. Sure, that arcane sentry would hurt, but I wouldn't have to worry about being vortexed perma frozen jailed onto one. Solution 2: Make the elites more vulnerable to snares and stuns. Why would I try to work around stuns or snares if they are useless against this game worst enemy? You may brag about your billion builds, but that doesn't mean half your skills are handy to consider them in a build. Solution 3: Remove/reduce affixes. Improves survivabilty and casual gamer experience. My least favorite suggestion. Issue 2: Kate Beckinsale is too hot Because she has nice gear. I have yet to find a piece of equipment that provides satisfaction for grinding the inferno levels. Solution 1: pimp my blacksmith. As a modest enchanter, he could add 1 random property to an item. This would increase said ilvl by 1. Once the ilvl is 63, it can't be further upgrade. This would help people with ilvl 60 to work upon existing gear and with a little tweak of lvl 63 gear, they would still be better than the upgrade 60s. You could set restrictions on rare item or ilvl 60 to 62 only to be upgraded. Need a gold sink? Make it 500k or exponentially as the item progresses. Don't need one? Make use of crazy crafting materials (ex: 200 tomes of secrets). Solution 2: Reduce greatly the 58 and lower drop rate in act 2 inferno and beyond. Solutions 3: Increase the number of properties rare and legendary gets. Issue 3: Get the fun started You can't change your community, but you can still make Auction House 3.. Huh.. I mean.. Diablo 3 fun to play. Solution 1: Beef up the whites mobs. Instead of hiring mercenary elites mobs to do the killing, let the regular mobs do the work. Their damage output is quite balanced, but their hp could be slightly buffed. So if a level feels hard, it will be the whole level, not just a bad champion spawn. This should be implemented by nerfing the elites of course!! Solution 2: add more mini-mechanics. People enjoy totems or jar of souls event. But most of them are hidden or so off course that they will be skipped. Add more of them and see gameplay enriched (ex: waves of mobs, casino like quest where you bid up to a certain amount that you can survive the quest, etc) Solution 3: Whoever thought of enraged timer needs counseling. He must be enraged himself! If you nerf the elites, this feature could stay, but after increasing the price of repairs I think a fair deal would be to be able to kite or tank ourselves without this nasty feature. Otherwise, I want an enraged feature too (sic). Solution 4: less downtime. I've been lockout several times due to wierd disconnect on your side. Then some of us have to compose with that wild tuesday downtime which extends past the time more often then not. Other games I've played relied more on hotfixes. Maybe you could pull that off too. Solution 5: The crit game. Where went the idea of providing cool effects for crit on special damage? Arcane: Extra dam. Cold: Freeze. Lightning: Stun. Poison: Could be reduce damage output or spread disease to nearby mobs. Fire: Molten. Etc...? This could provide extra game mechanic and bolster these crit chance builds, thus improving, in theory, survivability. After an intense act 2 inferno grinding of 3 hours I felt bored and empty with a slight positive cashflow unlike the group I was into which all were negative. Found no item worth keeping. I think the changes I've provided would "save" this game from my perspective and keep me hooked so I might overlook upcoming games. Otherwise, this will be my second "Starcraft 2-like" deception and my future choices as a customer will not be a game from Blizzard. TL:DR It saddens me to see that the marketing department's overbudget was made to the expense of the tedious department's budget. To solve this, I support 1-affix mobs, stun-a-champion viability, pimp my blacksmith and enriched game mini event sets. Sent from my iphone (not really, but this fact overpowers credibility in our world where overgreedy bankers get bail out plans while honest americans had to hand down their keys and jobs during the recession - shame on you, savage capitalism)XtReMz1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Only PvP can save Diablo 3. Oh the irony, all the comments made by the blizzard staff that the game was a co-op game to appease the carebears who didnt like to PvP. A few months later, the only real end game will be PvP. Hopefully they change their mentality towards it and makes it interesting and not completely broken (hello natalya set invulnerability). Like many here I'm already all geared and can run a2 and a3 in less than an hour. But the only thing I can want right now is to find or trade/buy gear that I think will be good in PvP. The rest is meaningless. Hopefully they release it soon. Can't wait.Kirbynator5 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Blizz. The biggest problem with the game. Upgrades do not happen often enough. Througout normal i was getting upgrades all the time. It made the game exciting and made me wonder what I would get next. As soon as i got to nightmare however upgrades stopped happening. Now I HOPE this isnt because you are trying to funnel people into the RMAH to get upgrades. But if you really want to fix the game. Let upgrades happen more often. A solution to this would be dont allow stats that have no purpose being on a certain item. For example STR on a wizard hat. Tune it so if i a wizard hat drops. It has stats for a Wizard and no other class. This would fix itemization drastically and the chance of finding upgrades would be much higher. Also allow the chance of finding items with stats for your character to be much higher than it is now. This would bring back the excitement of finding upgrades. Do this an I have a feeling most of the complaining would stop.Tahnit1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 If you don't like D3, stop playing it..... ....like I am going to. It's not that I think D3 is an awful game (it isn't) and it's not like I haven't gotten enjoyment out of it (I have), its just that there is alot of room to grow with the game, and rather than burn myself out getting frustrated with Inferno Act II, Mortor Frozen Jailer Desecrator combo's and an economy that is out of control, I am doing what I think most adults should do. Stop playing D3 and spend my recreation time on other games or activities. I believe that D3 will be an amazing game, down the road. Like many people have referenced, D2 during the early days was a pain, and there were alot of tweeks and LOD. Here is why I am posting this in the forums: If you feel like D3 is broken, then stop playing. Uninstall it, put it on the shelf, and come back in six months. In that six months maybe Blizzard will have fixed some of the needed items, and then a player base can come back to a game that lives up to the Diablo franchise name. I think this is a way that we can politely show our frustration in the game quality, and our confidence that Blizzard will rectify the situation. Stop participating in the RMAH, stop logging server hours on D3 servers, and go back to whatever game you were playing before. If you don't rant, don't rage, and just treat it like any product that is not up to standards by not using it, hopefully Blizzard will get the idea and re-examine their 3/6/12 month calander of programming. Overall, not a bad game. Not a great game, but not a bad one.Aerchon21 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 My Take on the MF Solutions & Other Fixes I prepared this post for the MF sticky topic above, but found that it took a life of its own as I wrote it. Hopefully this idea of helping players work (end game) to earn bonuses rather than punishing some players to appease others will really take hold. Ok, your goal is to fix MF gear swapping. I understand that completely. It is something that some players feel forced into doing simply because they can. However, the problem is that it is annoying to do and takes up valuable inventory space. You have stated in your announcement that functionally, MF swapping is something that doesn't really bother you. It doesn't break the game. So really, this is all for the players. You received feedback complaining about gear swapping for one reason or another, so you say, "let's fix it!" The problem is that punishing players for gear swapping isn't the route to go. After reading your list of possible fixes, you either lose more MF than you would gain, or you get less benefit from the swap. This doesn't make MF easier to utilize (which I feel was the goal), it just adds more complications and probably more frustration to the players who want to maximize the items they find. I think that if you really want to fix MF, implement a system where people need to work towards it. I'm thinking of some sort of endgame "leveling" system where players earn advantages for playing the game. Maybe sacrifice a MF item to give a permanent boost to that slot. To be overwritten by a higher MF sacrifice of the same item type. But you have to work to unlock the various slots. I don't know exactly how'd you implement this, and it would probably be a lot of work. I just didn't want to tear down all of your ideas without at least offering one of my own. The above paragraph should not point to NV, btw. I like NV, but I rarely even play my max characters anymore, because I don't want to dedicate hours to playing all the time. If I have 30 minutes to play, that gives me just enough time to reach 5 stacks. But then I had something to do and I have to log out. Now it feels as if I've wasted my 30 minutes of play. So if I'm unsure of how long I might be playing, I either don't play at all, or I level a different character. Like lots of other people out there, I really like this game. However, I think that it is truly in its infancy. I hope that as time goes on, changes will be made for the better. There have been some good implementations, but for the most part, it has only made me sad. For example, I'm one of those players who opens everything; every pot, barrel, and chest. And... I still do for the most part. However, as I continue playing, I just get sad as I run through the levels opening these objects which no longer seem to serve a purpose, other than a handful of achievements. I'm going to end it here. I've pretty much said what I've wanted to. To sum everything up: 1. I'd like to see some sort of system where advances aren't given to players, but they are worked for (permanent bonuses, not NV) 2. I would like to stop seeing further restrictions placed on the various aspects of the game. Don't punish players, let them earn an easier way to do it.Viashu7 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 RMAH Conspiresy video from Brumac http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86e3rlpvAe4&feature=plcp Watch itAceXiled560 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Jaw Wilson most hated man in gaming? I personally wish no ill will towards Jay Wilson, other than killing him in development hell of course, but perusing the forums leads me to one conclusion, that Jay Wilson is perhaps currently one of the most hated men in the gaming industry. Sure it may be mostly be a vocal minority spewing hatred, but Jay Wilson's own comments on telling us what should be fun, and how our memories of D2 are wrong personally offended many people, the lack of an apology also sparked another firestorm. What do you think? Is Jay Wilson, the tyrant developer that birthed the abomination known as D3 the most hated man in gaming? If not who is?Mekka44 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 The item hunts fatal flaw. The difficulty of item hunting quickly becomes repetitive and un-rewarding, this is why. When playing vs a computer ( all single player games ) you lose much interest after the first play through. You have finished the majority of the content, had your emotional/gratification pay off from said completion and there are simply no gratifying moments left to be had. When playing vs a real person there are always opportunities for gratification as playing vs a solid opponent and winning always boosts ones confidence and is very rewarding. This is why games like SC, HALO, Half life etc. are so popular. There is also infinite room for improving vs real players. The problem with Diablo 3 is the persistent high level of difficulty. More specifically the fact that kiting and using map exploits is never ending. This creates a situation where one has already beaten the game leaving only the "end game" which in blizzards opinion is purely item hunting ( how a group of dozens of gamers came to that conclusion is beyond me and a little hard to comprehend). The problem with item hunting is that the difficulty/deaths are still there yet the reward/satisfaction is completely gone. A good solution. 1. The game needs pvp. There is simply no point in tirelessly acquiring better items to play content that has already been beaten. This also adds a feeling of satisfaction to the entire item hunting process. The feeling of being able to stomp all your friends 1v1 is quite rewarding. 2. There needs to be more player levels after the content has been beaten. This would allow the content to become progressively easier and make the item hunt more enjoyable and quicker as well as add another reward to the generally unrewarding loot grind. 3. Adjust the drop rates for each act based on average time it takes to kill an elite pack with a slight increase for the later acts. I would also like to mention that the rarity of loot is completely relevant to amount of time it takes to "roll the dice". Killing an elite pack in some circumstances can take several minutes with the possibility of never getting the kill. Item's in Diablo 2 may have been extremely rare, but you could blast through mobs at the speed of light.BldSwtTrs13 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Why i think this game is so frustrating It's the multiple levels of RNG you have to get through , blizzard you should have listened to your wow players when so many told you how bad it was for archaeology . I spent something like 5 hours farming act 1 inferno today and got nothing useful for my DH or barb , all vendor trash . and even though i sold 9 or 10 full inventory's full of junk it barley payed for my repairs . so many levels or RNG to get a useful item just seems hopeless , i saw bash talk about their are a ton of people playing still but bash D3 is the only game in town right now and it wont be soon . you guys need to fix this mess ASAP or you will lose most of your player base as soon as GW2 , POE , T2 are out .Bocefuss0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Diablo 3 - Digital Copies and Guest Passes So, I know the game has launched for what seems like awhile now but I've been chatting back and forth with Blizzard tech support from the 16th of May until now. I finally got a "reason" as to why digital copies do not come with guest passes. I could post the whole conversation ticket into this thread but honestly, I really don't want to make the "technical support" of Blizzard look bad. So today, I received a reply, which honestly, doesn't help any but at least it was a somewhat valid reason given. Because of that, kudos to Tyristius. Now I'm unsure if this is the right section to post but they have only forwarded me to the general forum link so I figured this would be the best spot to post it in. I will post Tyristius' reply to me as he had noted that I should post a suggestion in the forums to see if Blizzard will take notice. Now I know, some of you guys will be like "wahh stop crying about guest passes who cares" but in all honesty, I do care and I feel that if someone is planning to spend the same amount of cash as someone who bought a hard-copy, they should be entitled to the same things, right? Tyristius had made a nice suggestion himself about "email invites" that could work for digital buyers so let's just hope that BLIZZARD will take notice of this thread and START working on this ridiculous mess. Greetings, Game Master Tyristius here, I hope you're doing well! I've received your ticket concerning guest passes for Diablo III. I'm very sorry for both, being unable to discuss this with you directly, and for the wait you had to endure before I could get back to you. Before we get started, let's make sure I understand your report correctly. Looks like you're wondering why they weren't included with the digital copies of the game, right? If this is not the case, please reopen the ticket, and provide some additional information to help bring more clarity to the issue, so that we're able to assist you as effectively as possible. Else continue reading. :) I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Sadly, I don't have a reason behind this to provide for you, I apologize, but I can confirm that only the box copies came with them. If you would like this to change, though, and there perhaps be some way for digitally purchased accounts to be able to e-mail invites, or something, we would love to hear your feedback and ideas. Our forums at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/ are monitored around the clock for ideas which are gathered and submitted directly to the relevant department for revew. I understand your frustration not having them, and hope that this changes at some point in the future. Thanks in advance for any feedback you might provide! :D Thank you for taking the time to read my response and thanks again for your patience with the wait tonight. If anything else comes up, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll see what we can do. Have a good one! <3 Regards, Game Master Tyristius Customer Services Blizzard Entertainment www.blizzard.com/support You'd think that, if they understand our frustration and don't know or have a valid reason as to why digital copies do not include them, it makes me think, "Why don't they just give it out then to avoid drama/problems?"kstyle14 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Is crafting worth it? I have saved up a ton of crafting mats and I was wondering if it would be better to make stuff out of them or just sell the mats for gold? Please only give your opinion if you have actually done a lot of crafting.PopeBobXVI21 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Gold spam bots are out of control, a solution It has been a problem for quite some time. Today when I logged on, it appears to be 1000x worse. Not only can nothing in general, or trade chat be read. By the time you block and report 3 bots for 1 website, 3 new ones are back to spamming, scrolling the chat roughly 100 lines at a time. In the past hour I've counted upwards of 20 websites doing this. It is really annoying and makes any kind of open trade or chat discussion next to impossible. A few solutions that should be very simple. It is my understanding that these bots are using the 10 day trials. If this is so, it is obvious they are just generating the keys for them at this point. 1.) Keep the free game trials. a.) Take away the public chat rights for anyone on a trial. Only allow chatting with people on their friends lists. Also, make it so players on trial cannot send friends requests, but can only receive them. b.) Give us some sort of chat filter control. Example, blocking chat messages meeting certain parameters. More than so many characters long, we can chose to block, or perhaps messages containing known phrases; ".com" "diablowalmart" "buy gold" "jackie chan" 2.) Do away with free 10 day trials all together. Find a better method for key generation. Link the keys to an existing account, so there are a finite number in existence. Allow for keys to result in the banning of such associated accounts for terms of use violations. Thanks for the time, and before the flood of; "This has been said before." "This will not work, they will just buy accounts." It will cut the spam down, substantially if not fully. It will cost these inconsiderate people large sums of money to advertise. Either of which will make me happy. If it has been said before, I apologize for the waste of your precious time cruising the b.net forum, and if you think I stole any of your thoughts.Chronan14 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 E-mail notification when item AH sold Would it be possible to add this feature? Thank you!JahDenzel0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 By all that is holy! do you see that goblin over there? ya bro... dont you dare attack him -.- I SAID DON'T.... DAMNIT I SAID DON'T! ...adamSn9 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Identifying 400 ilvl 63 items video It is in 3 parts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9b4WlZ0TWs&feature=plcpLimitbreaker2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Legendary and Set Drop rates I have 170 hours of game play and have found only two legendaries and one set piece, im currently in act 2/3. I feel like the drop rates of these are like wow dropping blue rares and world drops. But I miss being able to farm out sets in d2, like even the low level sets were fun like sigons. Again it would seem this is coming back to the RMAH...If more legendaries and set pieces drop the value will go down. I'm waiting for the first content patch, and if it makes things harder with magic find/builds/etc I think that's it for me. It's not really fun... Just how force put it in his video. Besides their economy would there be any reason other then that, that would stop them from increasing the rates to more along the lines of d2FMAlchemist5 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Question about DH overall when will it get... I may have missed this, I did try to search around. But when will the Dh class get back to playable? If you do not have over 100 + million worth of gear (average prices based on good gear in AH). You really can't get to far in inferno, compared to the other classes. I have 4 60's in inferno, and the 3 non-DH's make it further with less ex#@**!ve gear. And, I have alot of friend sthat have, dropped their DH's and gone to other classes. So any word on if they are going to stop nerfing our class to death, and ctually bring us on to an even level with the other classes? I have 175 hours on my dh, so it isn't a lack of time or skill, trust me, for you trolls. trust me. Just hoping BLUE will have some love rather then nerfs for the DH.MagnusX754 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Does the "Vote Kick" even work?? Playing with a group of 3, then a guy joined in Been standing in the same fuking spot since he joined in, but guess what? Vote kick doesn't do anything... How hard is it to get something to auto kick for those fuking afk???P4F13 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Can anyone tell me how much this is worth? http://i.imgur.com/T1l7r.jpg Found it off a normal mob before I got chased down by a champion pack. Tried to compare to the AH, but everything seemed a little bit over-priced. (I. E: 200m+)Jekuto6 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 its official.... i miss the charms this was a fun aspect of d2... if you screwed up you can get charms to help you progress or overpower yourself... but it was fun... thanks for upgrading the drop rates but to me the problem is not so much the drop rate as to what actually drops... im a barb... its frustrating getting wizard and demon hunter drops which are pretty much worthless on the market... instead id like an abundance of barb drops that are worthless... at least i can feel like im progressing eventhough im really not... lol!!! but i am serious about the charms...woosah6 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Post your best level 63 items here Found this today during Act 3. !@#$ing baller item. http://i.imgur.com/tqdgf.jpgimsojuicy0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 resolved edit: issue resolvedSlats1 Jul 5, 2012