General Discussion

Jul 11, 2012 Blizzard - Why are you ignoring item issues? You are releasing patches with teeny little fixes when your #1 topic and issue (Even CNN is chiming in) is the incredibly horrible item pool and drops. 300+ hours with over 200% magic find and I have yet to see ONE set item and 99% of the ilvl 63 item that drop are worthless. This needs attention and fixed ASAP -- Not "A long ways off" with patch 1.1DigitalForce32 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Forumcraft Legendaries Here are some downright hilarious attempts at English that I have found in about 1-2 hours of farming Act 1 of ForumCraft. Feel free to add your favorites as you farm along. The drop rate of legendaries is about one every three threads. **Edited to destroy context. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.** "pretty sure they have strick guidlines" "im fine on my monk and dont get enrange debuff; even if they have shield." "plz nerf dh dmg becuz its too dmg." "Ofcourse some people have more luck then other" "I hopr that the best is all players are playing happily from now on." "My dad let me play World of Warcraft for years and I turn out hunter." "It all makes sence now!!!!" "Well if this is not troll, then sell you computer." "my mouse arrow hiding from the game, i cant control my warrior" "alot of people like the rares are better than legendaries thing."papadanko1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Lag/freezes after random update at around 3pm anyone besides me? unplayable since I downloaded a small update after being DC'ed from a multiplayer game today around 3pm.jetjordan0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Has anyone sold crafting materials on RMAH My question is after having all my auctions expire have you sold anything? Mine were at the bare minimum bid so I'm guessing there are no buyers for this item on the RMAH side.. I guessed as much.. If you did sell anything Did you try and sell each item individually or did you place it in one big block?Adrianr4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Lost all 5 stacks! Known Bug?1.0.3b So I was bored was doing a full act 1 clear went to sell came back and all the mobs had respawned that I had just killed and I noticed I had no stacks. Let me be clear I turn elective mode on to fix my skills how I want then I turn it off before I start playing. So no I didn't click a skill off to lose these stacks and I had just killed a elite to refresh my stacks before I went to sell. Whats up is this a known bug? Also last night after patch my friend was doing a butcher run and wanted help finishing it so i went to help him we both had 5 stack. I helped him up to warden and we both had 5 stacks and killed warden and I decided to afk so i left game after warden. When I came back he was on butcher. I was like cool, but all of a sudden he started !@#$%ing in skype that he didn't even get a yellow off butcher and I know we had just had 5 stacks for warden because I got 3 yellows off em. My friend plays with his elective mode off also its one the tips i gave em after he clicked it off before as we all do sumtime or another. So whats up is this a known bug or what I have only seen this issue with losing stacks after 1.0.3b yesterday released. I have kept playing through all these nerfs, ninja nerfs(without telling us anything.), bad itemization, sucky ah you can't compare items to other items in game at least. You would think could at least play the game without bugs like this. Anyways I don't think I am going to play anymore until I figure out if this is a known issue that's being worked on. Has anyone else had this happen to them since patch 1.0.3b?Cruelust8 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 took a break, came back, still bad As title says, haven't played Diablo 3 in about 2 weeks. Lost my taste for endless frustrations with mob combos. Got to a point where I felt like the might be fun again, so decided to log in and start on "The Cursed Hold" of Act I. First blue mob set was walling/fire-chains/molten/nightmarish. Died 4 times, and exited the game. It'll be longer before/if I try again. If Diablo 3 is handled this poorly, and after the community has spoken, the developer team still wants to call this "working as intended" Then I will not be buying *any* title put out by Blizzard. You've already made World of Warcraft a bad game. Now Diablo? Bottom line, this is not fun. Period. Please fix it, thank you. Edit: FYI, I've cleared that run around 2 dozen times without dying, and I've cleared act 2. The level of difficulty should be farm-able, not ridiculously overpowered.Nazzarus35 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 My first legendary in inferno Shenlong's Endless Wave 550.5 DPS +126-337 lightning damage +105 Vitality +6% IAS +2.2 Spirit Regen +7 Movement Speed So I spent so much time in act 3 for this crap? I got Jay Wilson'dMagiKarp21 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 did blizz nerfed loh on bb in last patch? My bb cannot get enough blood with Whirlwind after the last patch. If that was the case, it really sucks.xstrager0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 SPAM is still BULL #1 this is an issue that should be dealt with by the badministrators (badesigners, badprogrammers, etc.) #2 the fact that the block list fills up so quickly means that even the players' last resort -- blocking every individual spammer -- is TOTALLY INADEQUATE as a solution. An idea I had yesterday to somewhat alleviate the problem would be to have the option to block ppl only temporarily (24 hrs or so), to keep the block list free. For example: someone is being an idiot in the chat, I can choose to temp block them. Chances are, in 24 hours, either that person is going to be gone, or their levels of idiotosterone will have gone down, so it will be safe to remove them from the list at that point. OTOH spammers are still going to be spamming, in 24 hrs, so I would select "perma-block" for them. STILL, THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS SHOULD NOT FALL ON THE PLAYERS. And for that matter, I resent the fact that we have to beg a sickeningly rich company for what essentially amounts to TRIVIAL data storage space -- when we all know hard drives are as cheap as they ever have been, and getting cheaper by the day (cf. Gmail). It's pathetic. FIX SPAM CRISIS NOW!STG0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Invincible monster I just encountered a spirit monster named "Shade of Nar Gulle" and he just would not die. I got him down to 1 health left and my hits would not register nor the hits of my follower. Is this a glitch or is it intended? I just ended up running past him to get on with the quest.SwaagarP1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Jay Wilson Has Done Something INCREDIBLE! Jay Wilson finally did what gamers have been trying to do since 1996. He killed Diablo.RajonRondo26 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Blizzard coming to San Diego! Wanna give them a huge hug and show our love for Diablo?Shaikan1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Blizzard, are you actually listening to us? You take your time to respond to "Players in public games" when there are other more important issues and flaws with this game. How about responding to the unbelievable amount of rubber-banding that is occurring in game. What about a decent update on the PvP progress? How about game crashes when going into cutscenes? Are there any plans for spicing up the endgame? Why are you, Blizzard, avoiding the real problems with this game? There is an extreme amount of negative feedback with the game and you do nothing. 1.0.4 better be worth it or I'm done with this game.Showny58 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Glitched / Stuck Act 3 runs people are selling these runs with like 10 packs of elites stuck in one place on bridge, how are they getting them stuck there?Ghostboner1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Resistance and displayed damage reduction Resistance reduces damage. Resist-all reduces all damage, while single-resist only reduces damage from particular elements. Apparently, changing from a resistance value in a single element of X to a resist-all value of X causes no change in the displayed damage reduction in the character screen. This invites the question: How does the character screen damage reduction number take resistances into account? Does it pretend they are all "resist-all"? Does it ignore them? Or what?Speusippus4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 harmless bug I was wondering how many people have Deckard Cain show up after his death rotating ceaselessly outside of his house.MotherofKhan6 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Suspended for no reason Hi, I keep getting emails through from Blizzard saying I am in violation of the code of conduct Now my account has been suspended. I have no idea why at all! I'm fuming about this as I've paid for the game and have been barred from playing for apparently no reason. What can I do about this?Sisyphus4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 THE BEST THING THAT CAME OUT OF DIABLO 3 WAS… this…and it was awesome marketing. Too bad the game didn't live up to 1/10000 of the hype. That is all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlkvO6NLnIOhSoMoist0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Have you sold any gems on the RMAH Has anyone sold or bought any gems off the rmah yet How is that going ?Paradox0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Are there no private channels? Been spending the last few minutes trying to create a channel so that I can talk with more than one friend at the same time, but I haven't been able to find anything. Are there no private/friends channels in Diablo? At all? >.<Pendragon9 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 It has been fun, Diablo 3 I can honestly say that while this game has a lot of problems, I had a lot of fun until I progressed to a certain point. A lot of people are talking about what this game needs to be fixed, and honestly, you need to accept that this is the core model of Blizzard games now. They built a specific game that has the Diablo name, it will never be Diablo 2, because it wasn't designed to be. With that said, I don't think this game can be "fixed" because from a design perspective, there's nothing wrong with it. However, I will enumerate the top 5 problems I have with the design - the reasons why I will be uninstalling the game: 1. Inability to join games that you want to join. Being forced into matchmaking for a cooperative game doesn't really make sense to me. What you lose: Trade games, PK games, Dueling games, achievement games, etc. Random matchmaking means you don't know what the people you're grouping with will want to achieve. We should have been able to name our games, and see a list of currently open games, and filter them by name. 2. Lack of PVP. No dueling, no PK. It's hard to find an online RPG/MMORPG with absolutely no form of PVP. Diablo 2, in my opinion, had the perfect PVP system. Again, this is not diablo 2, however the complete absence of PVP can't be ignored. I find it hard to believe time was spent on inferno difficulty when it could have been spent on giving us PVP. Even a button that says, "join a pvp game." Although, these wouldn't be as fun with the 4 player maximum. 3. Lack of diversity in skills, lack of builds. There simply isn't enough here to keep me interested. There IS an optimal build for each class, and deviating from that build results in failure due to difficulty. Some skills are completely useless. In a game that has so few skills to choose from, that doesn't make sense. Character advancement is ENTIRELY through gear acquisition. Naked wizard X is identical to naked wizard Y. It's like putting a quarter in an arcade game and standing at the wizard station. Golden Axe was fun, but there's a reason why you don't see "World of Golden Axe" as the next MMO. 4. Inferno difficulty. I've got act2 on farm mode (5 elites -> ZK -> Belial, tops 1 death), and I have killed Azmodan with my friends. But, the progression here is slow, and it isn't rewarding. Pretty much you can look into any thread complaining about inferno and get a pretty accurate statement about this difficulty. Teleport, Firechains, Reflect Damage, Whatever. You're hosed. Shielding / Invulnerable Minions + 3 other affixes = you're probably hosed. The game should not have shipped with this difficulty. Rather than implementing inferno, you could have given us challenge mode PVE arena, where we face waves of elites with 4 affixes that get progressively harder. Again, with a ladder/ leaderboard, you don't need gear rewards, as the competition and "can i do this?" is the reward. 5. Poor itemization. Almost every item pre-iLVL 61 is worthless. You found awesome boots at 45? They WILL be replaced in inferno. Since progression is entirely determined by gear, it's basically the same as saying the game starts at inferno, as items you found (save a few uniques) won't be usable in inferno. In any case, I did invest a lot of time into this game, so I can't argue I didn't get my money's worth. Good luck to those of you who continue to play, and good luck to Blizzard on improving the game for those who stay. Cheers!Marmatag4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Jailer + frozen = RAGE i love being jailed and frozen over and over again, i have no controll outher than to watch myself dieWarcalls48 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Diablo 3 Screenshot Folder Where do Diablo 3 Screenshot folders located? ThanksZewett6 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Jay Wilson just reedeemed himself to me <3 <3 for leaving jace hall alone in his office! so sweet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6wkgBAitk&list=PL0BB2B5537FC0D0C2&index=3&feature=plpp_videoAlyten0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Commodity Auction House Mechanics I am wondering how exactly the commodity auction house functions with stack sizes........ lets say someone is selling in bulk and lists their auction for a stack of 1000, will these items only be able to purchased if someone buys a stack that size? or will smaller purchases pull from these larger stacks for the payout to be received when enough are sold? and how exactly does setting your prices lower than the average work, when people buy does it just purchase whatever is currently the lowest price first and run through the cheapest stock that way- giving the refund witch i have seen when purchasing dye on gold auction house thing....... or how exactly? <<<<<<<< need helpLenymo0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 + X - Y Damage on Ring/Ammy Does anyone know when this modifier is applied? E.g., Ring with +25-50 Damage Is that damage applied to the base weapon damage, before multiplication by primary stat and skill damage %? Or, is it just tacked on after the multipliers are applied to weapon damage? It seems to be pretty powerful at low levels, but almost useless at 60.Kappa3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 GG, see you after 1.0.4, Err 1.1 :( Taking a break from this. I hope that PvP brings this game back to life. I got my hours of enjoyment out of it and felt that I got my money's worth. See you again, after 1.0.4 comes out. Err, 1.1 :(RealQuiet10 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Advice to the developers from a lost player Wall of text, incoming. So, I fully realize that by writing this the legion of defenders are about to flame me unmercifully. So be it. This is done not to trash Blizzard, but in the honest hope that major, major changes can save the game, because there's a lot here to really like. After giving up on D3 about a week ago, I bought into the closed beta for Path of Exile and have found that this little game by an indie studio has something that Diablo 3 wholly lacks: fun. I've thought a lot about what the difference is, and here's my thinking. First of all, what Diablo 3 absolutely does better: 1) Combat. The visceral thrill of a barbarian plowing through hordes of enemies is as good in D3 as it has even been in an RPG. You characters feel powerful against the hordes of enemies. Further, things move fast, as they should in combat. Best example is probably "leap." Path of Exile has a similar skill, and you slowly leap into the air and come down on your enemy, after you've fallen asleep. By comparison, in Diablo it happens quickly, bringing you more into the combat. The monk throwing blow after blow quickly at an opponent -- even with no IAS -- is better than: hit.... hit.... hit... hit. 2) The auction house. This is where even people who agree with me are going to dislike this. In theory, this should work great. It's a unified place for people to trade their stuff with one another. For all intents and purposes the D2 trade channel was an auction house that used SoJs instead of gold. In fact, with the massive SoJ duping and selling on eBay and less reputably sites, the exact same problems existed in D2 as D3, though it would be nice for you to admit that the gold farming is a massive, massive problem. The issue the AH is having is with the itemization and game design, which will be discussed below. By comparison, PoE uses lots of little in-game items called "orbs" to make deals, which leads to difficulty finding agreement on appropriate values and lessens the market for goods. These are great, and I really wish I could play a better game with them. Where does Diablo 3 fall short? 1) Game design. The obsession with "end game" shows a fundamental misconception of the genre, which is staggering since Blizzard created the genre. Yes, some people enjoy PvP. I never did, but it's clearly a big thing and it's now missing. (On the other hand, it's so, so refreshing, not to have the morons come in with a character 10 levels higher than the rest of the group who likes to go agro and ruin that game.) However, Path of Exile doesn't have PvP yet and it's still a much more enjoyable experience. What's the difference? Path of Exile is relatively easy to beat, whereas Diablo 3's inferno is an unholy nightmare for most. (Response to likely replies: yes, I know, I'm a noob and I suck at life because I can't be past Act 2 Inferno. I, and all the other noobs who suck at life spent $60 on this game and will not be spending $60 on the XP if changes aren't made. So, if you want an XP, haranguing us and saying "we're better off without you" is not the way to go here.) For Diablo 3, the "game" is really getting through these difficult monsters, combing the auction house for slight upgrades which make the character more survivable, and that's really it. This feels like a chore. In addition, the game becomes entirely about the auction house. To proceed through every level requires a new AH upgrade, whereas trading in D2 was based on "end game items" to really, really make a high level character do cool things. But you would never find early nightmare rare gloves with 10 dex and 15 IAS on the trade channel because it was just too easy to find your own and move on. So, as smooth as the gameplay is, the game REQUIRES you to stop what you're doing in order to hit the AH to move on. Not a good idea. By comparison, in PoE the game is much more focused on character creation. It's easy to get through the game, but can you make a combination that gets through the game faster and more efficiently? This is the exact formula that worked in D2 and it works brilliantly here. The items work perfectly with this (more on this later) and the fun is in seeing how good your creation is at mowing through enemies. (Or, alternatively, putting together a pre-fab from someone else to see how much fun theirs is.) Instead of a chore, this is like getting in the sandbox and building stuff. It's just much more fun for me and for many, many others playing the game. 2) Character building. Okay, this is almost not fair, since, as stated above, this IS PoE gameplay, of course it's going to be better developed. but, it's still worth looking at. D3's much ballyhooed "thousands of combinations" wind up being not as exciting as its supporters promised. The barbarian is always going to be heavy melee, whereas the wizard is always going to be a glass cannon. At the end of the day, how different to the play experience, really, is the decision to make a demon hunter that uses vault vs. one that uses preparation? Yes, one can hop out of danger the other has to run, but can get a "second wind" if he needs it but, in the end, both are focused on ranged damage and staying away from enemies. The play styles are exactly the same, just slightly different tools to do it. Kinda boring, quickly. Path of Exlies? If you can dream it, you can build it. A shadow that uses electricity based skills? Might work, try to build it. And that is going to play entirely differently than a shadow who uses daggers and poisons to get in close to enemies. Which is going to play entirely different than a shadow who uses a variety of spells and traps to strike from distance. A duelist that focuses on strength and axes to hack opponents to death? Might work. Build it. And that is going to play entirely differently than the duelist who focuses on a fencing weapon and a shield to dodge attacks then phases from enemy to enemy, keeping them spread out and avoiding attack at all costs. I could go on, and on. There is incredible depth and replayability in this game that D3, quite simply, lacks. And, more importantly, playing with these options is, unquestionably, fun. 3) Itemization. This has been beaten to death, so I'll just touch on it. The stat sticks that drop in D3 are just who cares. Nothing special about them. They all look the same. None of them do anything cool (think Wolfhowl in D2, or really any of the melee weapons that cast spells on hit, or the necromancer turning into a vampire). What's the joy in getting them other than "now I can get through another area or two of inferno, and hopefully by then I can afford more..." PoE is actually not nearly as good at this as D2 was (and as TL2, for example, appears to be), but the unique items are different. They offer substantially better stats, unique designs, weird restrictions, and feel different. (e.g., a one-handed sword that is "jealous" of how good it is, and so doesn't let you use any other weapon or shield, and decreases the quality of the drops you get, but can absolutely slash through *anything* at lower levels.) The high level stuff is, unlike the D3 jokes, good enough that you can design characters around it. An AH for this stuff in PoE would make the game even more fun, in my option, because you're looking for a couple key pieces to complete a character. But, overall, this stuff is fun, and it perfectly complements the other aspects of the gameplay. Any areas that are currently pushes? One: Story. As a closed beta, PoE has no story to speak of at the moment and, really, Diablo 3 has no story to speak of, either. So, that's what I've seen. It obviously requires major changes to "fix" the things I've noticed, and I may be alone. But, it was insights from one fan -- one that has bought every blizzard release on the first day or close to it for the past 15 years -- who will not be buying any more D3 products without improvements.Phoenix15 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Gold in Rmah Erm did blizzard just fking legalize gold farming ?Shadowcat4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Anyone read that article d3 facebook posted? The one about the top 10 features that one hopes will be added in the future? It made me sick, largely because these are features that were in the game at some point and if they had been in from the start, the game would have been half way decent as opposed to what it is now. And now THESE are the things we're desperately hoping we'll add? I'm starting to think that when a company gets as much time as they got with Diablo, that they become lazy and complacent and actually start taking steps back in the process (as clearly happened from the awful design reset from how the game used to look ala "improved Diablo 2 graphics").Spincut11 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 AR... affix with the worst value Correct me if I'm wrong, but AR is really only used in PvE and only then since the 1.03 nerf, Inferno is pretty doable with 0 AR. Combine this notion with the fact that AR will be pretty worthless in PVP, isn't AR a pretty overrated affix (and expensive too)? I'm sure there are more worthless affixes out there, but AR is HUGELY expensive.LeSeanMcCoy13 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Activision/Blizzard may be sold to MS http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/07/09/us-vivendi-activision-sale-idINBRE8650SZ20120709 Activision/Blizzard may be sold to MS or Time Warner to help alleviate Vivendi's massive $15B debt. That or Vivendi's CEO was disappointed in D3...heh.Braddox11 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 3 ways to succeed in this game So whats this game about? To me at first its about lvl'ing up through the campain, playing the story, and bashing demons head until they explode till u hit lvl 60. For me that was awsome! The first month of this game was really fun. Compared to other $60 games such that u play on xbox or playstation that are over in 20 hours or less i feel that D3 was worth the $60 just for that. Ok so what happens when u hit lvl 60? Thats end game. Well u get the deacent gear that is pretty easy to get and progress through inferno mode to kill diablo. Also fun for me. Very challenging but at the same time fun. That took about another month for me after i hit lvl 60. So again i feel i got my monies worth. To some the game is over after that and thats cool. For me i love the way this game plays! So i dont want to be done. I love the combat, skill system, the feel of gameplay, and the graphics/art style. So now what? Ill tell u what. The HardCore end game starts. Ultimately this is a game of wealth for the hard core player. U want to be a overpowered god! U want to one shot everything u come across and reap the rewards of phat loot and gold! U want the best gear in the game basicly. So how do u do that? How do u get the best gear? There are 3 ways. #1 Farm until your fingures bleed and your damn near blind in the hopes to find that one godly piece of loot that u can sell for 1 BILLION!! gold, and buy the best gear. That may or may not ever happen. U may get lucky or like most give up before u do get lucky. #2 Buy the gear from the RMAH. That would cost thousands of $. Most ppl dont want to do that #3 Buy say maybe 100millions gold from gold farmers for $100 and buy stuff on the GAH with that. Heres a flaw in this game. Its really cheaper and more easy to pay the farmers for gold then buy stuff on the RMAH now. So more ppl are gonna take that route. This is gonna kill the RMAH, i think its mostly already dead. And its gonna keep farming gold a profitable buisness and keep inflating gold in the econmy. So basicly the only winners are the gold farmers and maybe that guy who got the 1 in a trillion chance to get something truly godly to drop and sell it at the inflated prices. IMO Blizzard can fix this problem 2 diffrent ways. #1 increase the drop rates or the quality of drops so the economy gets flooded with godly gear. That would make the good gear prices drop massively, and make it to where ppl really dont need to buy gear in the first place because u could farm your own gear for your own char's. #2 ban all the damn gold farmers! I know ppl say that is impossable but alot of ppl in the community dont think so. One idea that ppl have come up with sounds so easy for blizzard. Your char stats show how much gold u looted. Blizzard can make a bot to ban the bots. if a player loots over a certain amount of gold in a set time (more gold then is humanly possable) ban that account. Boom done easy. Im sure it would be pretty easy for blizzard to write in some code to do that. If ppl can write code to make bots so easy then blizz can do this. I know this thread got alil long winded but just some stuff i have been thinking about. Great job on a great game blizzard. the game play IMO is second to none, now just fix the lil stuff and we are good to go! :)wowjake0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Listen up Bliz, I know how to fix end game First thing you need to understand is this - Diablo 2 had a better end-game than Diablo 3 even though it had less content. Blizzard, I know the problem you're having is that you want an end-game without having to spend tons of money on content creation. Well the answer lies in Diablo II. If you only take one thing from this post, it should be this: The end-game in Diablo II was trading. It's what most people did with their time once they were high level and could viably run hell mode. It was completely user-controlled and user-created. It required no content updates apart from the initial item design. Here is why Diablo III does not have an end-game: You removed trading from the game. The gold AH has destroyed the end-game in Diablo. But, there is a way to fix it. From here on out, the post gets a bit radical and yes there will be flames, but my ideas are solid and I am certain it is a solution that would work. There are 3 main points which I will now list and explain. 1. Disable the gold auction house. Yes, thousands will cry. Wah, I spent money on gold. Wah, this gold took forever to farm. etc etc etc. However, it is for the good of the game. Once people start trading again, the value on gold will dissipate as it had in Diablo II, and the real fun begins. The implications are endless, but the main point is when everyone doesnt have access to every for-trade item on their region, item values increase across the board without increasing player power. The reason items feel worthless right now is because you are competing with the very best items out there. If you had to trade items, the amount of players that can see/get each item is drastically smaller. Overall this change would be a massive improvement to the replayability and staying power of Diablo III. 2. Keep the RMAH. Yeah, I said it. I know you RMAH haters are flipping out, but that's because you don't really understand what it's about. Every online rpg in history had players buying items online, and if they disabled the RMAH right now, there would still be many many players buying items. The only difference is, with the RMAH, Blizzard and us players get the money instead of some botting !@#-clowns. There is no drawback to having the RMAH. It's good for the game and I applaud Blizzard's decision to implement it. (Before you spout your "blah blah Pay2Win" argument, know that it's irrelevant because EVERY online rpg has players buying items whether there is an in-game AH or not) 3. Modify the gold AH and then re-enable it. The new AH model should still accept gold for bids, but that will not be the primary use. In this AH, players can keep a list of their for-trade items, and each item is still searchable. Players will then be able to contact the seller to offer a deal, and list their own for-trade items. This gets rid of the gold currency (which quite frankly, no want likes or wants), creates a huge new social aspect to the game, and creates a new economy with infinitely more staying power than what currently exists. So there you go, Blizzard. I think this is the idea you are looking for, and I hope you at least read this post. Everyone else, yeah, flame on, whatever. Or, if you were a Diablo II player and you know what's up, you can click the thumb up button and reply with your thoughts.Beefpile23 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Fowl Lair, Secret Chicken Level NOW I have just uncovered this level which is essential for an achievement. Anybody who is interested to join my game for the Lair, I'll invite you for just 20k! Add me now Tainted#1751 I'll be here for the next few minutes or so.Tainted1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Need additional data center locations I live on the east coast US and get 125-250ms. fluctuating non-stop, which more than likely causes the constant rubber banding issues. It is not my general connection to the internet, as World of Warcraft sits at a pristine 36ms and never changes. I would suggest opening either central and/or east data center locations, as this would alleviate alot of customer frustration due to poor game play caused by server location.Wildfury0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Time for some freash meat... ...at the blizzard company. Just let everybody go and start over, as your product quality has been at retard levels for the past 4+years. D3 was the most recent victim, and the Panda expac for WoW is the next victim.Otiveht11 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 ERROR switching heros ERROR 30006 wth is this error. was about 2 fight diablo with 5 stacksDiablo001 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Traders Beware! There is and probably has always been a huge trade exploit that allows people to take items out of the trade while the trade is processing. If you trade outside of the Auction House beware that people can and will scam you. I lost all of my gold today that I had saved from release day( 6 million gold I spent making a Perfect Star Tozap ). --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- These are the battletags of the person that scammed me and probably many others just so you're also aware of the names. KingSlayer#1566 SamanthaRay#1325 XSmoothCrmnl#1338 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here is what support replied to me with: I'm sorry for any frustration this player has caused you. Our scope of support for Diablo is vastly different and much more limited than that of our World of Warcraft support. Any trades and transactions that you may do in the game are at your own risk. We will be unable to intervene in any way. We are also unable to give any compensation or restore any losses due to these types of situations. This policy is clearly stated on our Support site here: <http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-scam-policy> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Shouldn't "Secure Trades", such is Player Trading so labeled according to Blizzard, actually be secure?Dreadth0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Do I need a special phone for authenticator? I am buying a phone soon, and I want to know if I need a special phone to download the app or do i just need internet access for the authenticator app? I am looking to buy a phone with a keyboard. Do I need google play or the apple store that is only on some types of phones? Does it have to be a smartphone? Someone help, thanks.Carbon7 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 [achievement] Hurt Bashiok using Rakanishu's Bashanishu: Hurt Bashiok using Rakanishu's Blade. rofl, new skill description in 1.03? nice.betatrash3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 D3 is not bad. People are just mad that inferno was intended for hardcore players, not casual players. It is upsetting when inferno mode makes you aware that you are a casual player, when you thought you were hardcore, and that is why people are getting mad and blaming Blizzard. Its the player, not the game.Ronshouse0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Can we make the action bar lockable already? While this has only happened to me twice, it's INFURIATING when it happens. 5 stacks nephalem valor, halfway through your A3 run, moving your mouse around like crazy when BAM, whoops, accidentally clicked a skill and moved it off action bar. Goodbye nephalem valor. Goodbye A3 run. Goodbye wasted time. How hard can this be to fix?TheMajy20 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 How to easily beat ghom on inferno. Ghom cant touch me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4OOczAJUCs&feature=youtu.beSPAZ9132 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 If you can't beat them, join them? (botters) I am the good employee who goes to work and puts in his eight hours at minimum wage. Buddy the Botter is the douche bag employee who always calls in sick and whenever he works there is always $200 missing from the till. Ok, just wondering if this issue will ever be acknowledged by Blizzard. We were told that D3 would be online only, partially so that they can curb botting and cheaters. Hey great, I hate cheaters. Now everytime I log into the game: "New Friend Request: "BUY CHEAP GOLD WWW.....COM" *Joins Trade/General Chat* "BUY CHEAP GOLD WWW...COM 10000K - 10USD!" Sigh, ok...Let's go to the AH. Say, that looks like a nice piece of equipment that isn't ridiculously overpriced. *CLICK BUY OUT* seconds later *ERROR - THAT ITEM HAS BEEN BOUGHT BY AN AUCTION HOUSE BOT* Like really. I chose not to bot and to try and play the game normally, but it is becoming really annoying. It is bad enough that I have to listen to my buddy talk about how "he has 2 BILLION GOLD and has made $1000s from selling gold/items from botting". When normal people start to hear this, it becomes AWFULLY TEMPTING to join in seeing as how there never seem to be any repercussions. I mean what, a ban wave every 4 weeks? Buddy the Botter makes 600k gold an hour multiply by four weeks. Pretty sure they can afford a new cd-key, THAT'S EVEN IF THEY GET BANNED. P.S. Chris if you read this, you are a d-bag and I hope you get caught for botting!Rooks9 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Beano steal my GOLD !! BUG? /CHEATER/patch? Player Beano sell my 40 firely brimstone for 2M .. after trade hawe in inventory only 1 firely stone :( and 2 000 000 ar out :( :( :( HELP ME PLS !!!! SORY FOR GENERAL POST::rapthy0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Shouldn't 2-handed weapons get 2 sockets? Seems only fair.Lokarin28 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Fake bidder and liar This person bid 800k on a item I was selling in trade channel. he Then told the others who were also bidding that he did not bid that. This will prove him a liar. Name is WickedWayz http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/screenshot017dr.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/screenshot015jv.jpg/Trox0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Feedback For the love of god, if you're going to burden us with an aim assist that targets terrain objects when we just want to walk backwards, at least give us the option to disable it. Fix the lag. You know its pretty spikey. Remove the slow from being knock backed. Its bad enough when you're bashed into a wall and surrounded, its worse when you can't escape it.Arawra13371 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Leaked: how Blues choose which to reply Bashiok Casts Arcane Torrent with death blossom runed Whatever it hits gets a blue response it all makes sense now! tldr: holy mother of randomness to what CM's respond toShakeWeight0 Jul 11, 2012