General Discussion

Jul 11, 2012 Its sooo bad..... That I'm starting to think they (Blizzard) desided to ruin this game 1/2 way through the development so people would'nt want to play this "free to play" game after they spent the $60 for it and continue paying to play WoW....Just my thought...don't hate me.Pappie0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Need moar Set items I understand the lack of drops of legendaries. They're supposed to be the rarest drops in the game... so this makes sense to me. What I don't understand there are next to NO set item drops. I've got over 90 hours in and have yet to find a single set item. How are you supposed to ever build a set, if you can't even get one to drop? Yeah, yeah, there's the AH, and I'm fine with resorting to that for a piece or 2 of a set, but not to build it in its entirety. Blizz? Blues?FrewBrew0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Blizzard Come Clean About Bots. I am tired of this issue not being addressed head on. I think at this point, we as a community of gamers need a definitive answer as to what if anything Blizzard is planning on doing with this issue. So here is what I propose. As a community of outraged gamers we need to bring this issue to the forefront. I propose doing this in three ways. 1) Sign this post. You can do a simple /signed or be more detailed as to how the issue effects you personally. 2) Link this post in any post you create or respond to. 3) Precede the link with: Blizzard Come Clean About Bots By having every thread or the majority of the threads posted in these forums in this way, we are telling Blizzard that they can no longer be silent on this issue.Koanan0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Question about + X - Y Damage!??? So I purchased a big ticket item, namely a ring called Skull Grasp for like 25M gold... it has + 19-39 DMG and I do not understand this stat or how it works. Somebody please explain!??!?! I do not see much of an improvement after spending 25 M which was grinded out hard over the past couple months.Kforce12 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Uniqueness and Its Impact on Diablo I take a long time to think things through and someone has probably already said what I am about to say, but I figured I might as well post. I have read myriad forum posts complaining about many aspects of this game, but what truly lies at the root of every gripe is uniqueness. Let me explain: Uniqueness means having a character you feel is special and is also built in a way that you like. But there's more to it than that. There's also growing with that character through the levels and making choices that fit how you feel as you're leveling. Hell, it could even have to do with the character's name, such as tailoring your abilities to fit the name Frostfyre (lame name, but just for example) or something. You're prolly makin' an ice-based Wizard maybe with some fire thrown in. It's about making a commitment and building something, starting as far back as the name. Why Diablo 3 lacks this: You only need one of each class. Period. We all know that there is no point in making 2 Monks (barring hardcore) because once you have one, that's it. Don't like your current build? Just switch it around! There are three types of gamers out there: exploiters, serious, and the rest of us. There are, of course, varying degrees of each of these, but let's talk about the role that uniqueness plays in each. Exploiters: They don't care about uniqueness. They'll roll whatever character can net them the most gold/gear whether they be gold farmers or whatever else falls under this category. Serious: Again, this group probably includes min/maxers. People who will automatically gravitate towards the strongest, most efficient build. If their D2 build wasn't optimal they would just reroll and get optimal. Uniqueness isn't quite as big of a deal to them. Sure there will always be the player who finds that next awesome build, but in this community that only lasts for about 2 seconds, especially with internet connectivity. Rest of Us: This is where uniqueness kicks into high gear. It's when you're playing with your friends. It's about what you and your character (which you've been working on molding) can bring to the table during play. It's fun to say "I built a war cry barbarian that uses a two-handed axe. He's around level 45 and I think he'd work well with your ice mage for these reasons." It isn't fun to say "I have a barbarian and . . . he can be whatever you want him to be and equip whatever the hell weapons (EVEN A STAFF FOR CRYING OUT LOUD)." A lot of my playtime in D2 (at least in the first few years) was spent rerolling classes to make better, different, or unique builds. Or saying "OK Billy (assuming any of my friends names were Billy) I'm gonna try to make a full-DPS Amazon. I need the beefiest tank in the world to run front cuz I ain't puttin' no points in defense." These options don't even exist in D3. And that's the main problem. Too much focus is being put on the endgame because it's so lame to get there. And once you do, there's no point in rerolling to try getting there a different way. Builds don't even matter. There are only 3 stats that TRULY matter: Main Attribute, Vit, AR. There's no melee wizard. There's no ranged barb. These aren't even viable options. Despite the 10 BILLION different combinations of runes and abilites, there is still only 1 way to play each character. So out of the three types of gamers, uniqueness affects only one probably really that much, but that group - The Rest of Us - make up a HEFTY percentage of gamers that are out there. The small problems that keep cropping up and turning into huge issues (balance, GF/MF swapping, gear with boring stats) are all symptoms of lack of uniqueness. In the past, if a build didn't work out odds were good that it was something the player did, like wasting points somewhere, or switching ideas midstream. We were fine with that. That was the fun part. The endgame issues have become large and blown out of proportion because the actual game isn't fun. And it's because of a lack of uniqueness. Fixes? I don't know. There are very many. Let me suggest three easy ones to increase uniqueness without a major, major overhaul. First and foremost: Let us put points into passives; at least for a start. Make passives a talent tree. We can still pick 3 (or even 4) to use at a time, but let us beef them up accordingly. This fix is easy and could be massively helpful as a move in the right direction. Secondly: Make weapon mastery passives. They could even be in a separate tree all by themselves. Because right now, weapons are just damage sticks. Make every single thing a monk can equip feel different. If I'm wearing a fist weapon I should be able to stun people with my powerful punches. If I'm wielding a sword, let me have a parry chance with it. Sure monks are the only ones who can wear fist weapons, but at this point it doesn't matter. It's just another damage stick not drastically different from anything else. Conversely if a barb wields a sword it could have a different effect: not parry, maybe, but a powerful bleed effect on hit. All 5 classes can wield all the weapons if you want, but give them a unique way to wield each type. The way a Barb uses a staff should be massively different from the way a Wiz uses it: Heavy wooden stick vs. focus of arcane power. Thirdly, as far as easy fixes go: Get rid of Nephalem Valor. This one ability is making the point of your entire system moot. That is allLifespiker0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 New age this is to ALL GAMERs out there. new age of gaming is right there.. with this "internet" Old times where you pay $50 to buy game and enjoy to death for months are all gone. New age is, you pay $50 for the game and pay more and more to get new DLC, in game cosmetic, pay2win etc. Gaming is becoming very very very very very very expensive and it'll get worse. Zelda - ocarina of time Final Fantasy 1~7 Mario Miss 90s..............Dudebag1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Affix Spam Must Stop / Also bugged monsters It is just nonsense how fast elites spam affixes arcane/fear/desecrator/ice on acts 3 and 4 is just not fun not be able to do ANYTHING for 30 seconds i cannot hit anything to heal myself with LOH i cannot use a potion , i cannot move away from the crap on the floor i ONLY can wait for to die, i don't even have a chance to use a defensive skill, everything on my skill bar is greyed out because i am frozen/feared ALL the time. This is NOT challenging , this is NOT fun and no ammount of RMAH will save anyone from this, is RMAH if the only goal for Blizzard they are doing it wrong. Also wtf is with those winged monsters on act 3 spawn spit fire and dissapear and follows you on the whole castle?and you can NOT hit them because they are bugged and blinks every split second! Another bug is monsters getting to full health when they are about to die and NO it is not the "FUN" enrage timer it just happens at random. Is this the new affix? RMAH enforcer/lagger Not fun and please excuse my english and excuse if i am a lot angry.Minsc18 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Class Forums are worthless FFS can we please get some moderation on the class forums, and force the idiots who think they are the 'trade' forums to go to the forums set aside for circumventing the Auction Houses? Pretty Please?Telal7 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Magic Find Gear Swapping (/Facepalm) I loved D3 when it came out and would love to go back to playing it but as of now its not worth it. I don't want to spend 3 months in 1 act in inferno mode not feeling like I am not moving forward. Your solution for me is carry around a second set of gear with high amounts of magic find on them??? Blizzard you are better then this so act it. If you need some great suggestions here is what I have just off the top of my head. Make the Tier sets of gear accessible. What I mean by this is bring in a coin/point system each time you kill a boss in Act 1 you get a coin/point with each coin/point you can save up to buy a piece of gear say a piece is 15 points that's just one piece and the person is not going to progress to fast. Make it so they can only get the next Act Tier so if I am in Act 1 I am only getting Act 2 gear for inferno because as of right now I cant MOVE FORWARD without grouping with others because you nerfed the hell out of my Char/Class/Spec. The reason I am quitting D3 id because I cannot progress. No one wants to spend there time on a game they are not moving forward in.Xarchangel1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 D3 PvP will be biggest esports title? it will be like league of legends but alot more fast paced and skills. no more killing minions and leveling up from 1 to max to kill stuffLoomies0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Legendary Cast On Hit What would you like to see, Id like to see some d2 stuff coem into it a little bit Maybe % Chance to raise a skeleton zombie % Chance to Cast Frozen Orb % Chance to Cast Bone Spear i dunno any ideas?MDUBG0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Next Developer Blog? Just curious to when the next developer blog will be... I'd like to hear some answers from developers because the CMs can't reveal too much. It would be a nice thing to look forward to. Regards --TongueWin0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 General Q about stats Hey everyone. :) I apologize if this has been dealt with and I just missed it. So much information... I'm currently leveling a DH, so obviously I'm boosting DEX and VIT. I was wondering, do the other stats do anything at all for jobs? Like STR...I know it's what directly affects Barb, but does it have a hidden effect on DH? VIT obviously boosts every characters life, I know this much. But as far as I can tell, these are the basic breakdowns: ~STR - Barb damage ~DEX - DH damage ~DEX - MNK damage ~INT - WIZ damage ~INT - WD damage This is all outside of crits and the like. Just very basic stuff.Nekovivie4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Expansion Suggestion I have been playing from the beginning and with the endgame I was not sure how Blizzard was going to expand on this other than with new character classes. I have an idea for a possible one. It has been said Cain was the last of the Horadrim, what if he wasn't? It could run as he was unaware that his brethren had actually either chosen evil or were corrupted and had stealthily created a cove where they could not be located due to powerful magics and there they had orchestrated the Prime Evils to be loosed upon Sanctuary. In turn it was the Horadrim after betraying heaven and man that spawned this and need to be vanquished. The quest could involve going after the entire group at once or individual quests of going after all seven (with the final quest of number seven being the Archmage of the Horadrim). This could bring new items, spells, characters and more to the game. I think it would would be entertaining at the very least. Sincerely, DarrenDestemous0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 please nerf inferno elite soul ripper packs oh my god these are by far the most annoying creatures to have any form of affixes on them, please nerf them i cant get past act 3 inferno because of themDestos0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Whats your favorite D2 Char Build ^ Mine is Summoner NecroChaosregime42 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 RMAH with Commodities Is anyone going to buy an Essence for $0.25 each? Seems kind of dumb. 4 essence = 1$ or you could just buy 1 mil gold for that...Speshulist0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Suggestion: Revert repair costs, add MF Well Instead of increasing repair costs to promote careful play, why not instead create a benefit for not dying? In each town, there'd be a well (think wishing well). You can pay 10k gold for +20% MF. Stacks up to 10 times. Lost on death or log out (no time expiration, though). Simple. Could reduce the need to swap MF gear, would be optional, and would give people a great incentive to play carefully and not die.ztking2 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 achievements - is there a point? Is there any point to completing the achievments? I feel like most games will give you in game benefits for completitng different sections. Even if they did it as a whole where a players Magic Find increases permanatly based on how much f the achievements they have gained it would maybe make them worth doing. I just started looking into the achievements after playing for 2 months and was shocked at how much there was to do, but I dont care if I complete it or not because It serves no benefitRedcrypt9 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Improve graphics of certain effects I noticed that sometime after the 1.0.2 patch, a couple of the effects in the game looked really bad, as in worse than the game on its lowest video settings. I was running the game at all the highest settings and everything is running fine, good FPS, but some stuff still looked horrible. Specifically, the ground magic effects, like mantras, or exploding horror worms/guts look awful. Is there any way to improve these that anyone has found out? Im running on Mac Lion btw.HydroCrow0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Please remove those meaningless stats like - thorns - health globes grant +x life - life after kill - bleed chance from the game. Honestly, no one cares about them. And also change the weapon affix for yellow gems. Other stats like gold/globe radius do make a little sense after all, so those I don't mind if they stay in the game. If only the above listed stats are removed from the game, the item rolls will become better automatically and we don't have to farm about 1 godzillion items to get at least one decent one. Thanks for reading :) PS: Feel free to extend the above list...Arc0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 free liquid rainbow opening the mysterious chest in 5 minutes, add me to get it tlo#1516TLO4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 What brought my motivation back so this is what i've been missing... HC! I haven't been reading the forums very often, just playing. I had the same frustrations with the AH as everyone does, and was ready to quit. Then i found out - 1. HC doesn't use RMAH. 2. There isn't a stash to transfer your items for a predetermined build (a good thing to me). BAM... My motivation to play d3 went from 0 to 100 again. This is what Diablo was meant to be. It's RAW, and i love it. I almost feel that for those two reasons that the 'magic' of this game was built around HC, and that the only reason SC is there is for profit. Maybe this is something we all just have to accept? It sucks that I can't get that same enjoyment from SC like we had in D2, but at least i know that 'fun factor' is somewhere in this game; for me, it's in HC.JeffC22 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Please buff elites in inferno I feel that the "invulnerable minions" and "vortex, shielding, frozen, jailer" affixes don't quite cut it difficulty wise. Every day I see players who invested considerable amount of time and gold in gear dispatching these hapless mobs with little difficulty by having AR>1000. Some players are even able to obtain these items without resorting to the RMAH. I think, in order to give us a challenge, there should be a new mob affix -- "hacker". Mobs with the "hacker" affix would take away the control of your character, sell all your items and move the gold to the MOB's bank account. I hope you will consider my suggestion in your next round of patches.Jewlian0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 New Legendaries (Act3/4 drops only) Whenever you create new legendaries I think they should be ilvl 64 (if they're actually good) and only drop in Acts 3/4. I think there needs to be some sort of motivation to farm Acts 3/4 over Act 2 besides a slightly higher drop-rate with a much higher increase in difficulty. I'd even be ok with Act 4 only drops since no one farms there currently. The catch should be that these weapons are vastly superior to ilvl 63 and make it worthwhile for people to pursue them.KittnsGalore6 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Star Wars: TOR Is it worth playing? I'm considering taking advantage of the free trial they have going currently. Thoughts?Vastik27 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 How do you kill...... Invuln minions soul rippers? Just got this far in A3 for the first time, and im just a little curious. I just found a elite NON invuln soul ripper and im having to kite them away one at a time. Id seriously hate to have been around pre nerf to them. See them and restart game?Loretaint23 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 diablo nerfed to inferno killed the game Blizzard biggest down fall was listen to all the qqers saying inferno was too hard. They put in 50 hours and expected to faceroll inferno. Inferno was ment to be end game, now you can faceroll rolled it little to no gear at all. Now there is nothing left yo do. I enjoyed dying and grinding my way inches at a time. Right after the nerf I soloed inferno without any challage at all. :( Sorry for the bad english, not my first langueDakel30 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Reaction to nerf Barbarian QQ Please Blizzard nerf playing blindfolded, this is so game breaking OP it needs to be fixed ASAP! Just look at how OP this is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkZ-bUj0rk&list=UU-9C9d1qDDzA2jdH53vSIuA&index=12&feature=plpp_video Just trying to make a point to the people posting barbarian WW video's and saying it's OP. Because it's really NOT. It's just that the people posting those video's have rediculous gear, has nothing to do with the class or skills they use. Also this game is just way to easy in general. Hope that cleared some !@#$ up. EDIT: credits to athene for making that video.Bruglione5 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Where is the PVP information? Can any blue provide the latest and greatest on PVP besides what was given up in the reddit AMA. There is barely any information regarding PVP and all of that is heresay. I would just like to know what I have to look forward to. Also, whatever happened to those character profile pages we were shown months ago... Regarding the profiles, I found this, but what about PVP? ...Robirt2 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 PvP will be a bigger joke than D3 Itself. If they implement PvP in the games current state it will be a disaster, my sources are every constructive feedback thread on these boards. If you add all that up and throw PvP into the mix you get an awful PvP experience the game needs to do a total 180 before they ever release PvP and if you know blizzard that it is going to take a LONG time. I suggest everyone get ready to find something else to do for the next 6-8 months cause this game is over as it is right now. Edit: Changed the 360 to 180 thank you for correcting me.RajonRondo42 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Not even death can save you from me Why does Diablo talk so much in D3? He has ONE LINE in D2 and it makes him that much more of a badass demon. In D3 hes like some schizo kid who just found out that his iphone can sent text messages. And all of his messages are...WTF? Ahhh! Finally i have control over Leah. Now let me pause for a moment to dictate my plans out loud to you because I am the villain and thats what we do. Look what I did to heaven! You'll never close the hell rift. You'll never close the other hell rift! I DIDNT NEED THOSSE HELL RIFTS IM GONNA TRY TO KILL YOU! ARENT U SCARD? YOULL NEVER GET OUTA HERE NLESS U KILL ME LOL OK U KILLD MY OTHR GUY BT NOW IM RLY MAD LOLOL Mouth. Diarrhea.ODDBALL7 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Please bring back the necro class I feel that the one major thing the classes are missing is a evil feeling and how can u get more evil then the Necros with the legions of skeley's and complete chaos everywhere. Probly not gonna happen but I can still hope.Warpath0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Bring Back A Town Identifer! OK, so you killed Cain. Nice twist. But how annoying is sitting in town at the vendor IDing an inventory full of ilvl 55 rares? PLEASE bring back an ID NPC! PLEASE. Thanks.BattleToad0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Well if they don't fix itemization pre-GW2 May be hard to get me back into this. Recent blue posts do nothing to address how terrible the loot is and how unrewarding this game is. Coupled with the fact that Warden couldn't stop any botting so a decent piece of gear is WAY out of the reach of a slow grind (300m - 1bil for a slight upgrade? No thanks). This isn't an I quit thread, but it's a "hiatus until loot is fixed" thread. Loot fixed meaning: Good legendaries, good set pieces that drop way more frequently, minimum stats based on ilvl and no more nonsense like non-class specific attributes rolling on class specific gear. Basically I'll be back when the game is done punching players that don't play the AH simulator game in the nuts, I'm not rolling +23 STR on an i63 gear anymore.Coffee0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Worse response than ff14 D3 was slightly better than FF14 upon release only because FF14 was an absurd disaster. However, eventually SE admitted they had a problem to their customers and decided to make large changes to the game. While the game types are different it is quite astonishing to see these patches that keep coming out. It is actually disrespectful to completely ignore blatant core issues with the game and instead talk about small AH bug fixes and how many open games are available. Seriously, I would have bet the farm that at least by now there would be an official apology or at least a blue talking about the MAIN issues that almost every agrees is completely broken. Oh and for the sake of constructive criticism here is a list of more important things you could have fixed by now or should at least be addressing. Yes this is probably in over 1000 posts that people have suggested, therefore, I won't go into detail. 1. Itemization is too simple and extremely boring 2. You are pigeonholed into skills, even as early as act 4 hell unless you have decent gear in late inferno you definately are even if you have great gear. 3. Repair costs go against the idea of exploring and testing yourself 4. Uniques are terrible, affixes are terrible, see #1 5. The gaps in item levels are too large. Great items from nightmare should be beneficial in hell and even somewhat in inferno 6. Not enough legendaries/sets while leveling up 7. Rubberbanding 8. Loss of power - my character doesn't feel like a hero that saves heaven when elite frogs three shot him. Inferno isn't hard it's just annoying. It should play out more like D2 hell so that your character feels somewhat strong. 9. You've made tonssss of money. Do you think you could put a little less focus on the AH and more focus on making the game fun? 10. Defense. The amount of armor, resistances, and life you need is a bit silly.Ifrit8231 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 A glimpse at new legendaries? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5433428/Character_Profiles_Coming_Soon-11_07_2012 Can't help but notice his weapon has 2 sockets, has mf on it, and his total life leach is 14%.Beefpile4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Affix problems and Waller bugs? How do you do this pack? Waller/Frozen/Arcane Enchanted/Illusionist in act 1 (cultist pack of 4). Easy mobs right? Well since they can each set a wall nearly every 10 seconds, they walled me in (half the walls being ON / IN me to where I can't move, attack, or do anything. Oh... the monsters can sure hit you no problem though). How do you deal with walls like that? And what about the 100 frozen orbs they lay PASS the walls (and PASS line of sight) that can stun lock you so when the walls come down other orbs and other walls (dont forget the Arcane Enchanted orbs). It turned an otherwise snoozefest farming into a frustrating near impossible pack (If they had more health i'd say that haha). So are Wallers supposed to wall ON you? Or is that a bug? And what about the Waller/Frozen Orb combo, shouldnt that be restricted to having 1 or the other (I know they released their limitations on Affixes earlier). Anyone?SMK13 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 crowd control reduction ? anyone knows how it work on frozen, immobile and stun ?? thanks.AntonyLee1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 create gold find set..... ive read people having over 300% gold find here. How do you do it? ATM I can get around 170% with helm,shoulder,gloves, boots, chest, belt, shield. But how do you guys do it. whats the best areas to farm gold? thanks!emmetotter7 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 You were saying? Post limit reached... so here... ... From Wiki: Diablo III is an action role-playing video game by Blizzard Entertainment, the third installment in the Diablo franchise. From Google: After a decade-long absence, Blizzard's beloved and oft-imitated isometric RPG looter returns with more monsters, more randomly generated dungeons ... From Amazon: Diablo III is a fantasy Action Role-playing Game (RPG). Only the third major release in what is considered by many gamers as the most iconic RPG FROM BLIZZARD: Diablo III is an action role-playing game that takes place throughout the dark fantasy world of Sanctuary. you were saying?Carson0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Diablo Runs, Inc. GRAND OPENING of my new business, Diablo Runs, Inc. Will run any class through any boss for a price! Diablo: 300k Rakanoth: 300k Azmodan: 200k Cydaea: 200k Ghom: 300k Belial: 150k All others: Ask for pricing. Jonnus#1529. I can solo most of these fights in 4 man. Add me in-game with a personal message! Paid upfront, will refund your payment +25k if unsuccessful.Jonnus1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Future of Online Games This is a broad discussion centered around the current or established idea of game purchases at retail or online as opposed to free to play models with regular updates and premium items. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/07/11/riot-games-league-of-legends-officially-becomes-most-played-pc-game-in-the-world/ There should be no argument to the fact that any barrier to entry can only hurt a product. In the course of this article it is not discussed in great detail, but anyone with experience in the listed titles understands that there is some exchange involved in order to invest in playing the game. That might be time or money or new hardware, etc. In that regard, League of Legends is interesting from a time/cost stand point because it offers the best of everything. It is accessible at a $0 buy in. The hardware requirements are not prohibitive. The typical battle lasts from minutes to an hour and some change. The mechanics are (arguably) balanced and carefully maintained with the addition of new characters. In observing Diablo 3 to this point, we know that it comes with a $60 price tag barring any sort of sale or deal. The hardware requirements can be prohibitively expensive depending on how much quality/performance matters to the player. Regarding time, it has yet to be seen exactly how this game breaks down into a typical play scenario. While most blow through content to simply farm inferno, there are even greater numbers who will simply abandon ship before completing the second act at that difficulty. As of yet the intimate details of PvP are still secret. There's little known about future content and the ominous "end game" equates to "find items, sell items". This is stuff that we already know. What we don't know is how the product will survive in its current state. So the question is, once these new additions (PvP and balancing) are applied, how can Diablo 3 stack up against something like LoL? The barrier to entry might be reduced (picking the game up on sale) but can that possibly be enough without the promise of regular content and balancing? Were we to start over with D3 from design to production, how could it be a more valuable product from a consumer standpoint? _______________________ on a personal note I logged a few hours worth of LoL and never went back. never liked DOTA either. not my cup of tea.Macrobius0 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Magic Find vs NV Stacks??? how is it possible that 5 stacks grantees 1 yellow drop but with magic find gear and over 275% i still get 1 yellow drop??? why are NV stacks +magic find different then normal +magic findSticKyGreeNz12 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Elite debuff timer I am an excellent gamer. Made the ladder in D2 several times. This debuff has shut me down. Just got into inferno. Obviously I do not have inferno gear yet so my DPS is low, but I can't grind for it because the debuff kills me. It's a no win situation. The only way out is to BUY gear which I will not do. Guess that's what Blizzard meant when they said inferno is for hardcore gamers. I have the skill but not the $$.Cowbird4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Man I love AH3! http://i.imgur.com/zTVYT.jpg Stopped actually playing this game 2 days after 1.03, but I've recently discovered an awesome niche between the GAH and RMAH that basically turned this game into AH3 - Day Traders for me. Just started a couple days ago, but there are a few specific items that sell fast on the RMAH, and sell for cheap on the GAH. All these items sell for around $2-$4 after fees and cost 500k-2m on the GAH. Sometimes you get some good deals on the GAH that really boost your profit margins, like a 300k item I got last night that sold for $2.64 after fees. Trying to expand my options so I can eventually get like 30+ $2-$3 transactions a day. Since gold right now is selling at $1/m you can easily flip for some decent food money everyday. I have my own source that gives me gold everyday so it's maximizing profits. Best part is, since it's just the AH I actually just remote to my home comp. from work during slow periods. It's like I'm getting a bonus $30-$40 a day while working a normal job. Thanks Blizzard for giving me a 2nd part time job that I can do at my real job.strife0250 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Dark/light version of an item - suggestion IT was actually blizz's suggestion but ignored. Pls put it back, nephalem could pick between being bad or good (as written in D1 books) and you had an idea that every item in game had light and dark version of IT. That world help randomizing the game. Look for bashiok's post of Beelzebub 3.Shadovq3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Why elites regen health after one death? Multiple elite packs that I just fought, which we're VERY close to the entrance of the dungeon were all respawning health after one death, 3 second spawn timer? Why don't I ever see these changes in patch notes? Why are you constantly stealth nerfing things and pretending they didn't happen? And then ignoring the complaints about them and responding to things no one cares about like magic find and how many people are in public games?Zamoth19 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Do Grand Exalted plans only drop in A3 + ? Also posted in the Crafting and Artisian forums. Was just looking for the community's input on this. Howdy folks, I was just curious if anyone has found any 6 prop plans in Act 1 or 2? I have found 2 grand exalted plans so far, one was from A3 and the other was in Whimsy. I'm assuming it goes A1 Exalted > A2 Exalted and Exalted Fine> A3+ all of them, since it seems the only places I find the 5 prop plans is act 2. Thanks for any input.Patrownz29 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Setting follower to passive when Reviving. Hi...I think it would be great if the follower had like a 5 second window where it did not attack anything when you hit revive. So if you just got your face owned by a group of champions...and you hit revive and you are within somewhat close distance to them..it doesn't instantly attack..before you can even do anything. I have had several times..where I revive..determine that I want to skip that group, but my enchantress does her 'hi-yah!'..attacks..says 'that is a powerful enemy over there'...and i am dead a few seconds later. When instead I could have 'ghost walked' during that few seconds you have when you revive..out of range. By the time I am out of 'ghost'...my follower should come off passive automatically. Not sure what the down side to this would be.Card0 Jul 11, 2012