General Discussion

Jul 10, 2012 How to make the blacksmith better Change his model to a slot machine. Yes that's right, a slot machine. A slot machine that spits out the gear of your choice. "Pay 15m to unlock the special '6-Property Glove Mode'!" "Step right up and test your luck! Only 75k a spin!" See, what the automated voice doesn't tell you is how the odds are stacked against you... "Ooooh 50 strength and gold find! Why don't you try again!" or "Wow! 200 strength 200 vitality 50 all resist! Why don't you go sell that in the Auction House! When you walk away he says, "Comeback sometime and spin some more!" This would make more sense than the currently implemented blacksmith (Sorry Haedrig).ktwarlock0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Add Runes (socketable) to help end-game Hi, After reading Blizzard's article about the end-game content that wasn't there and how they're having trouble with it: "We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple of months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now." (Did you release anything at all? "Pump out tons of new systems" is far off) Here's what I was thinking for a few weeks, after 400+ hours of play. In Diablo II, there were runes to help people fight elites "special traits" such as freeze. For example, if player would be able to have a "Cham" rune (from D2) with the ability "Cannot be frozen". Such a rune is super rare and finding it is rewarding and very helpful for end-game content. Like many people say, we like feeling like we're overpowered. Right now, even if you have hundreds of millions of gold you could spend days browsing the very limited* AH to find something good enough to easily cut thru the game. Feels like you absolutely need to buy every item lvl63 with a perfect godly roll and even that seems not enough. (*The AH along with the automated game joining makes the game lacking "trading spaces/games" and by the same time almost killing trading; in D2 you could join a game by It's game title such as "TRADE 1") Other runes examples from D2 that would help D3 end-game. -"Um" (+all resist) -"Zod" (indestructible) -"Ber" (Damage reduced by X%) -"Amn" (X% Life stolen by hit) (see Diablo II runes chart for others) And what about Ethereal items (When an item is ethereal, it gains a bonus to its damage/defense, is reduced in durability, has reduced requirements, and is no longer repairable. The bonus to damage or defense is 50%. The new durability is 50% the original + 1. Strength and Dexterity requirements are reduced by 10 each. The sale value is reduced by 75% or more. )? Why did you drop that? Imagine having a ethereal Zod'd 1 hander weapon. Or a ethereal Zod'd chest piece? Would successfully make this game A LOT better. Regards and sorry for my broken englishcr0n0sx13 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Diablo is not the hardest Demon So much for a game called Diablo and all the hype building up to the Diablo resurrection. He may have a lot of HP but he still hits like a little girl against properly geared melee characters. His moves are predictable and he isn't even worth putting on farm because his loot table is equal to all the other bosses and their one rare. The real bosses of this game are those elite packs with ridiculous affixes. This is just silly and the worst design concept of any game I have ever seen. The henchmen are more feared than the actual boss = fail.Reloadz2 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 diablo 3 is so fun! ty jay wilson! i love you i play as a barb and i absolutely love running after blood clan oculist elites with extra health, molten and fast afflix. i love how they kite me while i chase after them, constantly running on molten. i die a couple of times trying to kill them, and get pissed off. this makes me even more determined to kill them. i go back town to repair for 40k g. i then teleport back to try to kill them again. of coz i die, again and again. who am i kidding man. those rascals dun even stay to fight. they just keep running away, leaving behind a trail of molten. i try and try, and i die and die. finally, i run out of gold to repair and exit game. THIS GAME IS SO FUN! I LOVE IT. JAY WILSON YOU GENIUSnknk16 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Blizz: Please give us act2act farming freedom Just as the title states, this needs to be implemented badly. Everybody I have talked to doesn't like this current constant quest based design. For those who do not know what I am talking about, what I mean is.... Every time we create a game we MUST follow the quest line and do not have the freedom to roam around farming acts like we did in D2. It feels rather limited, and like many say, "we are told and forced to play a certain way". Sure, this is great the first few times around for lore and such, but after completing the game and wanting to go into 'FARM MODE' , this becomes a HUGE nuisance and is a turn off in terms of game play for a game of this genre. Please leave feedback/concerns, this needs to be read and acknowledged.Matacka43 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Character Profile/Armory RMAH is cool and everything, although I look forward to PvP but um, when do you guys think the character profiles feature will come out? Unless Blizz already announced some sort of date regarding it, then my bad.Drager22 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 4 Afixes is way too much. It is.Auzeroel8 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Real money AH only solution for newcomers? I'm sure this has been said many times before but it's like Blizzard doesn't want newcomers to get geared up for the next acts on inferno. We can clear act 1 but we can hardly find any gear that will prepare us for the horrors of act 2, not to mention acts 3 and 4. It's like a 1 in a million chance to get something useable out of butcher even with massive MF gear. We barely get Level 63 items and when we do it's with 200 dps hurray! My bro and I first encountered the enrage timer in act 2 while fighting those burrowing sand lizard champions. The pack was constantly chasing after me (wizard) completely ignoring my bro (monk tank), so I had to let them bite a chunk out of me for us to get a chance to hit them at all. Problem was I could barely take the damage so I cast mirror image as soon as I get hit, which causes them to burrow underground again. I don't know how much time we spent trying to kill them but we ended up with one of them left, then it enraged. Yay at repair costs. Farming act 1 barely gives you enough profit to buy items that cost 20 mil up to several billions unless you spend all day everyday farming gold, time that we working people obviously don't have. The drops are effing ridiculous, item level 50s shouldn't even drop on inferno since you can't even get to inferno unless you are lvl 60. AH prices are just crazy and the only players making a profit are the ones who've been here from the start and are extremely well geared by now - or are effing rich and buy stuff for real money. Do not die Blizzard says, I agree, but how are we supposed to do that when survival is gear-based rather than skill based. You can't even dodge manually since dodge is apparently gear based. I've been wondering about that Hit-box problem, now my suspicions are confirmed after getting hit by melee from several meters away. You need to get your resists up, I agree, but resists are useless unless you can kill stuff fast enough or else they enrage. That's pretty rough when you have a pack of vortex, jailer, molten, invulnerable minions Lacuni on your !@#. You could go solo in a supposed-to-be coop-game to make it easier, but I'm here primarily for playing with friends - which is apparently pointless. You could go for damage gear, kill faster but die often. Gear with combination of both resists and damage usually go for 10mil and up for a single piece, really??? How are we supposed to afford that when we keep paying for repairs? Everything Blizzard is doing is pointing towards "get your gear at the real money auction house" or buy gold from there to be able to buy gear at the gold auction house. Sorry for the rant, just had to let my frustrations out.HanoobKen790 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Best Diablo Strategy Open a game - Buy an Item from a good vendor roll - THEN DOUBLE IT on the AH! Jay Wilsonnnned brahAutoPilot4111 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 2h melee weapons useless? I have about 300 hours in this game, still never found a 2h melee weapon that sells for higher than 1 mil, even with 1k dps, 500 life on hit, and slot. sells for like 100k. any plan to buff 2h melee weapons or what?KonyTheTiger13 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 7/9/2012 Guess what, I'm not playing the game........ waited since 2003 and D2. Got the game may 15, play it every day first week. Then started noticing the server issues, the bad gameplay, the items. All the issues have been mention already. Sucks I'm writing on the forum and not playing the game. Now I haven't log in for a week.andyl574512 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Calculated DPS is off So last night I bought a new bow. I equipped it and noticed that my DPS went up to 82k unbuffed (without sharpshooter or followers). Today I logged on with the same set on, same bow and everything and my DPS reads 77k. I then went forth and used my spreadsheet calculation to see what my DPS should be and it comes out to 82k. I'm at a complete loss as to why my DPS would be reading incorrectly. I've had this happen before but a simple relog has fixed it. This is not the case this time. My stats are 29% crit chance, 287% crit damage, 1.95 attack speed, 1868 dex. 1129 DPS bow. Steady Aim, Archery passives. Here is a screenshot of my stats: http://imgur.com/n4ZK7 Just a bit more of a summary and thoughts: -I thought it was the Zunima's 5% and Inna's Belt 6% that was throwing it off but I took that completely out of the calculation and the calculated DPS (by blizzard) was slightly higher than without it calculated in so it does seem to be incorporating it. If there is a known bug for this let me know as I couldn't find anything on the fourms about it in a quick look.Timlankey23 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Why fix IAS so quickly, but drag your feet on everything else? IAS actually made the game fun. Farming chests made the game fun. Crafting when it made you good items made the game fun. Why prioritize destroying the things people enjoyed and leave everything else broken? Bots, lag, rubberbanding, can't cancel things in AH, drop rates are seem like they're broken and not as claimed. Broken quest system, funneling people into a single farming style, now they're focused on magic finding? What are they doing??OhBilly5 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 The diamond in the rough.. The roughest rough First I would like to say that Diablo 3 was amazing. For the first month or so... HOWEVER I'd like to speak on behalf on all of the people screaming "SCAM", "BETRAYAL", "CORRUPT", "HATE HATE HATE etc." Diablo 3 is... kinda sharty. Things are pretty bad as far as FUN. I log on every couple days (as I have a family and such) and hope to at least have a fun Act 1 run. Unfortunately, I refuse to play in a public game, because: A) It's SIGNIFICANTLY harder (especially w/ 4) B) For some reason, people join/leave/join/leave/join/leave all day long, and the people that stay suck bollocks. So, the "people playing" number you see is people playing isn't at all correct. HOW MANY OF YOU PLAY IN PUBLIC GAMES DUE TO THE LISTED REASONS...? Anywho, the game has some polishing to do. And some polishing And some polishing And some polishing BUT BUT BUT!!!!! I ****GUARANTEE**** Not a single person can say that they didn't absolutely love the gameplay AT FIRST. The gameplay is key. Really, there are balancing issues, looting issues, botting issues, economy issues, balancing issues, looting issues, balancing X10000000000+looting... you know. The game sucks right now. There is a gem in this game. There are so many things that are unlike any other game out there. Maybe I'm alone on this because I've only leveled a Witch Doctor, but I can say the combat is above any beyond any other game I've played in this genre. That doesn't override the fact that I can't bring myself to complete a single Act 1 run w/o quiting to go play LoL...... Therein lies the problem Blizzard. There are many games that ARE balanced, but they have nowhere near the potential of Diablo 3. TLDR; Quit saying this game is crap. It isn't. The gameplay *COULD* be above and beyond everything. I, like many others, will wait until the issues are resolved and the diamond is finally cut and polished from this mile long exterior of granite. The game could be the best ever , the gameplay and elements are present, there is just a long way to go, and I hope blizzard solves this sooner rather than later. I'd like to get some legit acknowledgement of the good parts of the game that make up the backbone of D3.Skelliot16 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 An unfortunate series of events. I was stoked about D3 when it was still just a rumor. For years and years I looked forward to it, almost to the point of obsession. I got my beta invite and was freakin PUMPED. I really loved the beta, and talked about it incessantly to my wife who could care less about video games. She feigned interest, but I could tell that it took a certain kind of person to appreciate D2 in such a manner that they would hold on to the hope in D3. Now we're kind of in a pickle. First we complained that D3 was taking too long. Remember all the "Just release it and patch it later" threads? For shame... Now it's out, they're patching it, and everyone's pissed. Not sure what should have been done there, but I know that the bind we're in(Blizzard, or Activision, or whoever, and their customers) really sucks. Blizzard, you've made so many unforgettable games over the years that have literally shaped my expectations in video games. Thank you. I'm no programmer, and I'm no stat whiz, but I am an avid gamer who spends very hard earned money on video games and machine upgrades to play them. I appreciate what you've done for the gaming industry as a whole, but Diablo 3 is just not quite what I expected. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Diablo 3 just kind of leaves me wanting... I think it's a combination of things like the lack of guild support, and the pages and pages of garbage rares, and the one or two builds that are workable, or the lvl 60 cap, or the lack of pvp, or the way that I have no hope of succeeding without the AH. I bought the collector's edition for about a hundred bucks, then put another hundred into the RMAH, then put another hundred into the RMAH, and I can finally play in Act 3 solo with less than 10 deaths. I was frustrated beyond belief being one shotted after 150 hours(in a matter of weeks) of very focused gameplay, so I ground and ground and ground to find some upgrades. The upgrades I found were meager as best, so I put 200 bucks into my character... and I still get one shotted in A3 when I run out of discipline. I die less often, but I still get smashed. I'm sorry I can't offer more constructive advice, but I've been a loyal customer for a very long time, and I thought you should hear it.Sernafied0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 My monk can`t tank.... i need some help I`m well aware that im not a barb and that sittin still 99% of the time is not an option but i have good stats (as far i`ve been told by peeps) Dex 1500+ vit 800 (hp is actually at 42k or 38k depending if im using shield) dps 14.5k loh 1700 or 1300 (again depends if im using a shield) armor 7000-8100 Res all 1100 attack speed 1.82sgtpwntang72 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Inferno Ghom ? Is this real lol? Literally no where to move... I wonder how melee gets past this? Totally fine with stink cloud and what not but their is no place to move away from it. I truly feel like not a single person tested this from blizzard.ZeroX19 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Game advise I can currently solo everything in inferno. So is there anything else that anyone has found like Pandemonium Diablo... Or uber bosses. Whimsy is a Joke as far as Difficulty. I can still of course just grind out siege for better gear but whats the point when I can solo everything. Hopefully someone has found some new content.Stopwatch0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 D3 Gameplay Demo us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?keywords=&view#/gameplay I WANT THIS GAME, NOT THE CURRENT PIECE OF TRASH!BCOProwler0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 The Tenaciouzd and Zavri Show Come join us while we farm act 2 inferno for some good times and good laughs. Ask us anything, we will answer. http://www.twitch.tv/tenaciouzdTenaciouzd0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 An "end-game" suggestion What i would like to do is suggest a new game feature to help give players more to do with their NV stacks. This idea might be absolutely abysmal to some ppl, so plz, if you have any good ideas to throw in, i could use the help. And i hope jay wilson sees this. When i get NV stacks, and im running around choppin down demons, i feel like there could be more to it than just farming elites. I want my 5 stacks to be good for something else. I think a PVE arena team deathmatch event would be good to have. What i would like to see is a team deathmatch arena where players can get 5 stacks and enter a gladiatorial arena. Every Act in inferno will have its own arena with respective difficulty. Some of you are probably like, "who cares, we have PVP arenas on the way".. yes, but this will be purely PVE. Once you gather your 5 NV, you can enter the arena: - you and whomever joins you will have to take down whatever elites you are matched up against -whenever your party takes down an elite pack, you get an arena buff - similar to an NV buff.(im not exactly sure what the actual buff will reward us with, any ideas would be welcome) -If you lose a fight against an elite pack - you lose one arena buff. If you just entered the arena, and you lose your first fight, you lose a NV buff. If you lose all 5 NV buffs, you will have to regain all 5 to enter the arena again. (for clarification; if you enter and lose your first fight, you will have 4 NV buffs, afterwards, if you win the rematch, you gain 1 arena buff and are still left with 4 NV buffs... if you lose the next fight multiple times, you will lose the arena buff, then the remaining NV buffs.) -As you progress thru arena matches, you can gain 5 arena buffs after 5 fights. -If your team is strong enough to complete all 5 fights, you will be given two options: 1- your team can take whatever treasure is rewarded and walk away OR 2- bet it all on a Double or nothing Boss fight(i dont know what boss it would be, blizzard would have to create some lore to fit the event?) The last fight would be really cool if bets were able to be made with our gold. If you lose all 5 arena buffs to the boss, the fight is over. (This boss fight has good potential but im not sure how to balance the rewards for it.) Some people may want to progress thru this arena with more than just 5 fights and 5 buffs. If any of you have some ideas as how to progress thru arena matches, plz comment. Some people will probably wonder, if you lose a bunch of NV buffs, cant you just leave the arena and take down elites packs then go back in to fight? Yes, but you will have to start the arena from the first fight. Whats to stop players from farming the hell out of this arena? Idk, maybe blizzard could put some sort cooldown timer on our characters(or account) before we can re-enter? Some may also ask how any of this will fit into lore or sequence of events? How will demons be subjected to blood sport when they are already under the control of the lords of hell? Maybe emperor haakan(being under Belials control) can have a role in this by creating an arena outside of caldeum for his own sadistic pleasure? Or maybe Duriel, the lord of pain, finds a human host and is hiding somewhere in sanctuary and uses the arena as his own little hobby? I hope you guys take liking to the suggestion. By no means am i game designer, but i was just looking at other peoples suggestions and it got me to thinking. Even if a blue comments and says "this is SO bad!!" ill at least hear it from the big guys and know i stood no chance.Ramxi0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Magic Find Solved. First off, I want it to be known that I think MF is one of the game's smallest current problems. Having said that, I do think that I know how to solve it. So here goes... To be perfectly honest, I don't like the fact that MF exists on items, period. That's not to say I think MF should be expelled from the game, I just believe that what it offers should not come in the form of items. As it stands, items are simply too boring and too limited in their current iteration. Affixes are uninteresting and generic, affix values are absurdly low in their minimum and maximum values, and legendary/set items are awful and far too uncommon. Frankly, I don't want a boring stat like Magic Find taking up an item affix on my gear. I don't want it because it's not necessary. Nephalem Valor has proved this. The item hunt can still be fun and rewarding without having to stack MF, though that is currently not really the case. Keep item affixes fun and interesting. We don't need MF cluttering the already very limited pool. I think Blizzard should be experimenting with other methods of awarding players with magic find. Personally, I think that Magic Find should come in the form of further NV stacks. Casual players are never going to be as concerned with, or be able to put the time into finding TONS of awesome items. MF should not concern them when considering a solution to increasing the effectiveness of the item hunt over the long haul. This new system is literally rewarding players in the exact same manner as the current system, the only difference being that items will no longer be cluttered with a stat that doesn't actually make the combat more fun or diverse. Keep items combat-oriented. There is plenty of room within the game to reward players with more items and gold. I think this is where the dev's went wrong. The very conception of this idea is flawed. Hardcore farmers will replace their hard-earned MF gear with hard-earned stacks of NV. Unfortunately, the removal of MF on items has SERIOUS implications and effects on the economy and to players, personally. This would be a very difficult thing to implement, and it really should have been thought of sooner. Perhaps Blizzard will learn from their mistake and release a full Beta of their games in the future. I think that if Blizzard wants to do it right, they would have to replace the MF affix on gear which players have already collected with another predetermined stat of high value. They will also have to become much more lenient with NV in some ways. NV will have to last longer than an hour and persist through Act changes and disconnects for a certain amount of time.Gosu2 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 The one hope for Diablo 3... Is that it changes the gaming community. Most importantly that companies dont latch onto this idea that a continuous stream of money flowing back to the shareholders is the focus of the game rather than oh I dont know... the game. The monthly influx of cash from WOW seems to have spoiled in the minds of ActiBlizzions executives, congealed, and emerged as the Real Money Auction House. As if the millions made from every dope who bought it for $60 just wasnt enough. One time profit can be spent quickly, but if we can get people to keep buying stuff, we get to keep cashing checks... On the consumer side so people dont buy a game blindly expecting it to live up to its lofty name. (Even if I had read the awful reviews, I still would have bought it just for having played and enjoyed Diablo 2. GG Blizzard, you got us.) This game isnt Diablo 3 in anything other than name; its Diablo Auction House. And hopefully all those people who buy ingame items with real world currency, and as those items are subsequently nerfed, turn away from companies whose focus is on protecting their invented economy and toward companies who make games because they love games. Because they want the finished product that they release to be great. "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great." There arent enough patches in the world, Jay.ShameSausage0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Not whining, but really wondering, about AH.. What is the logic behind the 10 items limit? I'm really wondering. Has this ever been explained deeply?Torridus4 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Gold value decreasing, item value increasing AREN'T YOU THANKFUL?Ryce12 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Why are there so many bad players? Can something be done about this? It's becoming a serious problem. In order to farm Act 3+ Inferno, it takes me about 30 minutes of joining and leaving games, on average, until I find a group of players who are actually geared and skilled enough to not just die over and over or hit the enrage on every elite pack. Even finding a group to farm Act 2 Inferno with is hard. There are just too many terrible players who are severely under-geared and have no business being beyond Act 1 of Inferno.Yen13 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Is this the last Blizzard game for you? Between the crap economy, the crap drop rates and the gold spam the game pretty much sucks and since they seem to be unable or unwilling to fix any of it will this be your last Blizzard purchase.Whiskeyjack11 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis? On the surface our needs change over time but the essence of what a gamer enjoys stays the same. Lets take a look at it: It all started with rogue-like games (actually it started with D&D but that's a different story) in the 80s. Although these games were round based and only had ASCII graphics they had a depth and complexity unmatched by many modern games. Till today some nerds work on improved versions of this genre and came up with some very impressive code, e.g. google for Mangband, a realtime multiplayer version with PvP (lol) or Zangband for a round based single player version. These games had several features that made diablo 1 a great game: - Procedurally generated dungeons (the code for these dungeons is brilliant in some versions!) - Boss fights - Vaults (these are structures within the normal dungeon with out of depth monsters and extra good loot) - Very nice special loot (artefacts in this case with a theme) and random loot (some of it very good) - Character development, classes, etc. - Resists - emergent gaming - etc. 10 years later blizzard took it to the next level. My first thought was: Wow this is a rogue-like with graphics and sound! I would not want to play d1 anymore but it was a blast at that time! Then came d2. Better graphics, even more interesting loot (in LoD) and cool sound but still very close to the feeling these rogue-like had. The great conceptual step forward for me was character development (tree) and stats that had a direct impact on the game mechanic and animations representing them. For instance stats like "fast block rate" had an impact on the frames needed for a block animation and a high enough value prevented "blocklock" on a character with high block chance and fast attacking foes. This connection between the animation and the stats of a character added a whole lot of depth to the game. Items bending the game mechanics and very versatile building options within the tree system allowed for a huge diversity of playable builds till about patch 1.09. You could play a mage with exploding arrows that pierced through foes delivering all charm fire damage modified by skills on every impact these days. And weapons had a reach... remember these discussions on the forums what weapon with what IAS bla bla to use on a WW barb? And then came D3. I can see what they wanted to achieve here: - Reduce some redundant complexity from d2, - add phases to boss fights like in WoW, - add some crowd control stuff a from WoW, - include jsp into their game and - make the game even more convenient to play. Most of it was successfully implemented but still the forums rage! Why? Because the most essential core of the game is screwed and most ppl don't see how this can be fixed in an easy manner. The reduction of complexity was far too much! This might have worked if you intended to add new content every few month like in WoW and create an artificial constant progression. But it would not have been a diablo sequel then and certainly not what hardcore fans want. Complexity (=choices) is reduced to a point where character customisation and emergent gaming is almost not existent in D3. Let me explain what this means with two examples: 1) Any two chars of the same class stack the same stats, use the same skills with minor variations and - not that graphics matter much to me - but they don't even look different in their iLvl 63 gear. 2) The only variable the loot is depended on seams to be the act, MF and NV. As a consequence everything feels the same. Loot tables from d2 were not a bad thing at all. It encouraged special builds with a purpose, e.g. builds that are able to farm this or that spot in the game that can drop this or that USEFULL item. Some of the problems can be fixed with a major rework on the items: You basically admitted that they suck, didn't you? - Give us some useful drops (guess legendaries) for the endgame in nm/hell. The chance of nice drops makes the exp grind less frustration for those that only want to play endgame. - Add unique items that support a specific build, e.g. make frostburn worth using in inferno. - Someone posted a really good article on this already: Rework resall. This needs a cap and maybe some items that raise that cap. Single resists should be way higher than resall. - The DPS progression from iLevel 50 to iLevel 63 should not be that crazy. - Legendaries should be more powerful. They should be able to compete with good - level requirement gear. - Legendaries should add something unique and should be less random. Shako is a shako even with a bad roll argument! - Actually the rares are ok IF you add lot of uniques. I would love to see the tier system be removed and iLevel be determined by the monsterlevel. - Vit/str/dex/int on items is to strong. Atm it is mandatory to have Vit/secondary stat on every slot. We need to get rid of this and there is no simple solution to this. Same with resall. CyaBarium1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 A "watch" function for the AH would be... Wonderful... can't believe it's not an option. I see auctions all the time that I am interested but are a day off... Am I supposed to write down when they end and what stats they have so I can look them up later? I don't get why I can't track / watch them. Fail Blizzard.Spekkio0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 How can you livestream Diablo 3? Sorry for the n00b question. I'm not familiar with the methods. I haven't done it before, so any help would be appreciated. :)Ricstar1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Haste scaling better for 2Hs? As we all know... 2 Handed Weapons deals approximately 15% more dmg than 1Hs, and then we get +15% Attacks per Second while dual wielding, equaling the dps... apparently. But when we apply Haste bonuses while Dual Wielding, the bonus is added instead of multiplied... then we have (+20% Haste as an example): Weapon Dps * (1.15 + 20%) = Dps * 1.35 Instead of: 1.15 * 1.2 = 1.38 While 2Hs have their average dps multiplied by haste, equalling the latest calc... also, considering that... 2H Bows/Xbows with +15%~20% Attack Speed Quivers gets the best Dps compared to the lower dmg Hand Xbows giving Demon Hunters an edge for Dps. Is that really intended?Æterna0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Evil is Back! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtotXRiYimg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZA7NLSRhg "Evil is back! Preorder now!" The only thing evil here is Blizzard's marketing strategy.Teemo0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Remember when Diablo didnt have boobs? And the game had Druids in it, Good times.Kahnage13 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Inferno Gear change plz If I must be level 60 to enter inferno, I expect ONLY level 60 gear to drop. I don't want to waste my time finding gear I cant use for end game while I'm doing END GAME. Its very simple have normal drop 1-30, nightmare drop 30-50, hell drop 50-59. Anyone else feel the same thing about the item drops?Arkiteckz18 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Streaming + Free Act 3 Inferno Item Give Away STATS http://i50.tinypic.com/fanhx.png Hey guys, running act 3 Inferno with my DH. Going to find gear and ID it. Then, I'm going to be giving the good gear out for free. Going to be completely random. Going to ask you guys to friend me and in the note have a number between 1-200. Whoever is the closest will recieve the item. Item Value cap will be set to 20m. Yes... I am that bored.... http://www.own3d.tv/powerups/live/220503Powerups1 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 How do you play diablo? Dear people I have to say I love this game! I really like that this game is kind of like world of warcraft but from above. I love the Auction house so I can sell many equipment and so I can get much gold so that I can Buy nice equippment with some more stats on it quick and easy. Look at the first letters for example I have all item level 63 stuff, i feel verry good and Overpowered. III I..I dont really know what more to say I just love it. So I am loving this game, I am powerfull aNd Undergeared people do not like hard cOntent buy some gear off the RMAH and you Can be as good as I am. with gear its noT hard at all. Keep up the good work blizzard! So how long do you expect this game to last, same as diablo 2? tell me what you thinkNightmare6 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Trade contents changeable after hit confirm? Why is this allowed? I just ended up buying ONE...ONE Fiery Brimstone for 4 million gold because I assumed (yes, !@#, you, me, not the issue here) that once one person hit confirm, the contents of a trade could not be changed, like in WoW. Why is this allowed?!?!?!Wienaman4 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 I enjoy Diablo 3. Title says it all. All of you QQ'ing people can go rage some more and go play some more Counter-Strike.TyraelsAce55 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Design: Perfect Star Amythest vanished..... At approximately 3:3X PM, I was fighting some stuff in act 2. I saw a pattern for "Perfect Star Amythest drop" I proceeded to die to an elite pack. I re spawned and walked back, died a few more times trying to run past. After maybe 5~ish minutes of attempting to get the item, it was GONE. I killed the elite pack and searched EVERYWHERE i had been in the dungeon. It was gone. I walked through holding down the alt key the whole time. Gone, vanished. I want this pattern....... #1 3 hours ago Sulgyf Customer Service Representative Hi there, Thanks for reporting this bug, much appreciated! However, Customer Service reps are unable to fix any potential bugs but the good news is that our Forums have more of a direct line to our developers than we do. Please post a description of your issue in our forums so the dev team can take a look into this for you: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/ If you have any other questions just let me know. Thanks in advance! Regards, Brandon D. Customer Services Blizzard Entertainment www.blizzard.com/support #2 2 hours ago Any idea whats going on here gentlemen?Casper1417 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Running Bashanishu Achievement [Closed] Elite Shaman, Purple name Bashiok. Oasis, ACT 2. Nightmare or Hell. If you want to join the hunt add me and lets get Bashiok! The run is OVER, we found it and completed. [CLOSED]BrunoLM9 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 SlashGear has Balls. http://www.slashgear.com/diablo-iii-is-the-worst-game-ever-made-09237780/ "Diablo III is simply an example of the laziest form of game design. It is as though Blizzard tried to imagine the least effort they could put into improving Diablo II while still calling this a new game, and then cut out half of those ideas. Blizzard has created a world that will make you feel worthless for revisiting. Why am I still playing? I’m not. I’m done." Agree, or Disagree, i have to give Slashgear some serious cred for having the balls to post something that opinionated on their front page.Havoc14 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 no matter how much i try to forget it i just cant get out of mind the shear arrogance of jay wilson claiming i dont understand skill trees. or telling me what i had to do to understand stat points. or telling me what i think is fun. i feel totally disrespected as an individual person, that someone would actually tell me that everything i believed in being great about a game was false, and i created all of those memories, and i dont understand anything because i obviously cant breath with him. blizzard because of this, and with the way that diablo 3 was treated, i just can not spend more money on products of your company. i was in hopes to get the next star craft 2 game. not happening.Malurek9 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 If you want to save the game gold system read Now the Asian server have a lot of robots. Economic system collapse . If you want to save the game gold system. First, titles than cancel any gold coin drop and development of a more gold consumption of NPC. For example the D2 gambling美屡来一发3 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Blizzard -- Silence + Frustration = Fun? #1 - Where is Jay Wilson? Where are the designers? Where is the loot? Why has Blizzard practically disappeared when people are leaving in droves? #2 - Fighting Elite/Champion packs over and over is not fun. Good items practically never dropping = not fun. Ran into an elite pack of Teleporting Extra Health Plagued Vortex Doom Vipers. That isn't fun or challenging, it's bad design.DigitalForce5 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 SOURCEFED!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJPho3g_XFMProudN00B2 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Changing Quests Doesn't Change Quests. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, so I'm turning to general instead of support. I've just started act III in Hell mode. It's wiping the floor with me so I thought I'd go back and level a bit with others before going ahead. So in the hero menu I click: Change quest > Select difficulty (nightmare) > Select quest (Act III:Kill Azmodan) > select quest Warning: currently saved progress blah blah OK Now I click Public Games and I'm in Hell difficulty Act II:8! I wanted to go back, but in the public games I have to play from there? Here's the kicker; last night I finished Act II, in a public game. So why much I go back through it?Tebasaki3 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Jay Wilson's message to us all Jay Wilson is the Game Director of Diablo 3, and wants to know “Hey, uh, what’s that you got on your face?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBCSautRXY. Looks like dirt... smells like well you know.growler25770 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Why not introduce dueling? Why not introduce dueling with 1.0.3b? Blizzard may not be ready to introduce the entire PvP package but what harm would dueling do? It would give players something else to do. I had beaten the game already and find it boring farming act 3 for one drop (maybe) after a full clear. Within the last few weeks I changed builds three times with different sets of gear to find it more enjoyable. This would open the game up to new builds to try out for pvp rather than those very few viable builds that work with your current gear. The auction house economy would be affected positively as in more items selling as players create different builds strictly for pvp. Sure balance issues between characters will come into play but they will be found and solved faster than everything at once. Give us something else to do besides attack computer generated monsters! Feel free to add anymore positive or negative outcomes that might affect this game. Why not? Seedy #1115Seedy0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 my thoughts on d3 and pvp First of all I'd like to say that i really like D3. All i read on these forums lately is how bad the game is and everyones leaving. The general complaint in one form or another all comes down to post lvl60/inferno/endgame. IMO and i think in most ppl would agree that the game was quite good while lvling their char. Inferno is very hard and the cost of gear to do it is a tall order for most ppl. The problem is while its hard, all u really need to do is get the gear. once you have done that there is no point to the game anymore. You have beaten it. Wealth is the only goal now. To me it doesn't matter how great, how long, or how difficult a game is once you have done all of the content it will become boring. Getting more wealthy in a boring game wont last. PVP is the real endgame just as it was in d2. PVP will make D3 the great game that ppl will play for years or it will make it the game ppl will play for months and then move on to something else. That being said i have a few suggestions. The proposed system seems to be 2-4player matched games in small arenas based on win/loss record matching system. You play and get a ranking like most chess games i assume. this sounds like it would work quite well. However, i feel there needs to be more than just matched play. The first thing i would like to see is 2-8 players. probably not going to happen but would be the best. A spectator arena where many ppl could watch. I want everyone to see my glorious victory or my shameful defeat An unmatched arena where you could could fight anyone with no effect on your rank. The ability to hostile others in game. Sometimes people piss me off lol.Dirk0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Are we expecting too much from Blizzard? This is an answer to this blue post here: ... I wanted to react to this because the thread was followed by answers like these: ... So basically, with D3 we have a game with easily 100+ hours of gameplay, 60$ cash up front, no monthly fees. A very good game compared to most of the game that are released these past months. Of course there are tons of things to improve, there's a general feeling that details have been rushed. But compare that to Spec Ops: The line, it's 45$, a bit cheaper, but on normal you only have 8 hours of gameplay. Yet nobody complains. I don't want to talk about how the game was disappointing or not. I don't want to compare D2 and D3. I just want to highlight the faulty logic in some people's brain right now. Basically, if we paint the game that a lot of people expect from blizzard is a game they would enjoy until they are 80 years old. No need to buy other games anymore, you can just play D3 everyday for 60 years and never get bored. Yaaay. It's just utopia, and that is really what some people expected, I'm not the one exaggerating here. And now, CMs need to apologize because there's nothing to do anymore once you finished the game? Isn't that just normal? I mean once you reached the end, well it's the end. If these complains were posted about any other games, they would be just considered plain trolling. But yet they are accepted and thumbed up on these forums. I'd like to end by thumbing up Bashiok. Man, you don't have an easy job. These forums really have the highest density of whiners on the whole internet. And yet you are condemned to come here and suffer their senseless trolling every single day.Kebabsoup182 Jul 10, 2012