General Discussion

Jul 3, 2012 Show your support. Monster Scaling 110% nerf. Too many nerfs to players, not enough given back in return. In Inferno monsters gain 110% health which is kinda discourages playing together especially against stuff like Bosses and Elites which has a time limit on them. 100% Seems like a pretty reasonable compromise. Enough to make those million HP mobs slightly more bare-able. Please show your support, a simple Yes and No will suffice.Techies15 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 How to get rid of botters I know Blizzard will not do this because the bots make them far too much money. However getting rid of the botters is very simple. All you have to do is look at the list of things that concern them. Which isn't hard. They post their concerns publicly. Here are a few posts: ... ... ... ... ... So clearly there are 2 things Blizzard should be doing. Do not allow a banned Paypal to be used again with a new copy of D3 Do not allow auctions from banned users to pay out Discuss.Zelda45 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 ILvl 60-62 weapons are absolutely useless Why even bother dropping them? They can't be as good a 63s and have same lvl requirement. At the same time 63s are quite common and unless you're dirt poor, you'll only ever use at least a low-roll 63. Solution: institute str/dex/int requirements on newly dropped ilvl 61, 62, 63s (63 being highest requirement). Just a thought. I'm not saying every piece of gear needs to be good. Random is random. But.... Random needs not be meaningless. A badly designed "random" is when 99% is crap, 1% is good A well designed "random" is when 99% is crap for your current build, 1% is good for your current build. Blizzard, please give us a reason to use lower ilvl or even lower dps weapons. Thanks, LOVE the game!MotherMedusa121 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Now the game design is made by the community? I want a "I Win Button!"!!! /facepalm.SkullMing12 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Taking more damage than before maintenance! For some reson I seem to be taking 25% more damage from monsters in inferno diffulty. Is anyone else noticing this?Azreal0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 List of positive changes since release day 1. It is now easier to level up the jeweler and the blacksmith.Argo18 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 MF idea ever heard of the Lem and Ist rune in Diablo2? i think that would solve MF gear swap entirely. we have 3 socket chests, 2 socket pants, 1 socket helms, and 1 socket weps. how about implement runes that give certain bonuses to certain socketed items? MF% to chest GF% to chest MF% to pants GF% to pants have more MF type weapons or something to add it into a weapon? i think that would solve the MF gear swap and having it entirely if you allow the players to customize their own gear that they use to kill monsters with more towards MF or more towards survival/DPS/etc. this would also benefit the gold finding issue and magic find issue while killing champ packs and playing the game fully. i mean its not keeping you from killing monsters yet netting you the option to make a gear choice only a rune/gem difference when wanting more MF or more HP. This also stops people from swapping b4 killing as only the jeweler can remove a gem/rune. thus forcing the player to go to town. well when u go to town what happens to the champ pack? reset to full HP. boom problem fixed again. this also saves more space by dealing with 1 gem/rune to keep in stash vice a whole 2nd set of MF gear that takes up alot more spaces. just a suggestion.Imbasnap6 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 I made a website to help out with RMAH fees Please check it out and give me feedback. Thanks! www.rmahcalculator.com Really easy to use, thought the community might need something like this.nomis40 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Streamin' Tank Docta Farmin' A2 If you wanted to know what a tank docta looks like (not RoT/Acid spam), I'm streamin' some casual act 2 farmin'. (I beat the game, but a2 is where I can farm the most efficiently, aka highest gold per hour.) Check out my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/mrmuffles869 I also have tons of tank docta VODs if anyone's curious. Happy slayin', MrMufflesMrMuffles12 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 @Devs: Why isn't slow it's own affix? Instead of being piggy-backed onto other affixes like kickback and moltenZagagel1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 @Blizzard: Time for a Focus Group. In light of the Linux issues, MF nerf, and the general flurry of bad policies, [in]decisions and gameplay clusterfaulks going on, I reckon it's time to sit down and tackle some serious issues going on with D3 and, most importantly, some possible solutions. I will literally talk with you for ten hours straight if it'll help get this game on track. Get Kripp's !@# in here, too, cuz that guy's got nothing better to do and he knows what he's talkin about. Throw it up on skype or run it live, get immediate text feedback from viewers (twitter maybe? why the hell not), and start a discussion with a small group of adults who know how articulate their thoughts and suggestions without trying to rip you a new one. I don't even care if I'm in it, man, but if you build it, they will come. You get a chance to talk straight to people about your limitations, intentions, and, dare I say, feelings about the game. You get some positive, well-meaning feedback from people at different levels. Everyone gets to participate in some capacity and feels like they're not being ignored. Win-win. Plus I'd watch the shyt out of that. Throw it up on twitch and make some quick cash from commercials. Biggest...room....ever. People will be in there all day. If this has been said before, then even more reason to take it on. Get out from behind the computers and show people that you're real folks, not some giant money-hungry company. You want this game to work, we want this game to work, so pick the brains of millions of folks and solve some problems. We'll be laughin about this shyt when we're playin in 2020. Hell yeah.CptObvious9 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 jeeze You know as soon as you have a little money, everything until inferno can become a cake walk, with the level reduction on items at lvl 60 going up to 18 you can have a 1000 dps weapon at lvl 42 and gear to match it, just to test it out, i spent a little money on my wiz, and without to much money thrown away i am over 20k dps at lvl 48 and just under that from 43 on. Just reminding me a bit of heirloom items is all haha.Voidedaxis0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Community redesign If Blizzard is serious about this, then I think there needs to be a better way to go about it than plastering it all over the forums. Cause a lot of feedback is getting clouded by greed for loot and ease of play. If they want feedback, then I think there should be an official form to fill out, or a survey sent to all players of the game and not just the ones on the forums. Or better yet, both. I think there's a lot of opportunity to make D3 a better game.Daercoma2 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Remember those charms?? BRING BACK THOSE MF CHARMS!Jinglezon1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Tweaked drops rates again... Seriously this is getting so old. Quit changing !@#$ and making it worse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu-wNHUITS4Balan2 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Please move item tooltips I would like to be able to watch my stats increase or decrease directly on my character info when I drag a weapon to my off-hand, but I cannot tell when I drag it over and the item's tool tip is blocking my view. Please set it up to show next to our inventory instead of on top of it.TheUprising0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Magic Find EQ swap TAB suggestion SUGGESTION: For those who want a quick swap tab... you can give it to them but for a price. Class: All Level 10 Midas Touch Cooldown: 300 seconds Activates ALT equipment TAB * This occupies one of your SKILL buttons (which is a penalty in itself) * There is a 5 min cooldown This still leaves everyone with an option to straight gear for MF or use an alt tab at the cost of a skill. It tends to level the playing field a little.Diablo1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 A solution for MF swap and other issues solution I: players get D/C when swap gear solution II: chara get auto deleted when they can kill a pack in A3 without dying solution III: account get banned if not buying from RMAH everyother 2 days. GO GO Blizzard. You are welcome.MKzhou1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Averaged MF is not needed. This is why you put in a way to kick people out is it not? It's pretty easy to see when someone isn't pulling their weight. You gave us the ability to inspect and to kick. Don't you think we can make the call ourselves that someone is just geared in MF blues to just get carried? Is there some other argument for averaging MF that I'm missing? Otherwise I only see it as a cooperative penalty that continues to make me play alone.Grimmace0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Please, vote on the MF issue Not here BTW. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6009371619 I also hope you agree that none of these solutions work for a diablo game. Make it heard that you do not want corners cut in a series like this! Make them work towards actually helping the game be more fun, not put us into a box (in a box, in a box, etc.) Please, let your voice be heard. Offer alternatives, or simply make sure you list each option out with a "yes" or a "no" so it can be clearly understood how we as a community actually feel about these chnges. ps, if you vote against me its cool, im just thankfull you took the time to share your feedback.AToN0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 How about some more directed crafting? Current BS crafting is ok, but I feel like the level 60 pieces cost an awful lot and still have a huge chance to turn out pretty underwhelming. It'd be neat if there was a way to somewhat influence the outcome of what you get out by making decisions about what you put in. I'd suggest cutting the cost of crafting items with completely randomly generated attributes, and granting an option of paying extra to include an item of the matching slot and item level as a required material. Say I want a iLevel 61 helmet. I can get it cheap and it has all random stats. Or I can drag any other iLevel 61 head piece into the crafting window, pay a bunch extra, and choose one of the attributes on that existing helmet that will be guaranteed to be on the new helmet, with the remaining attributes being randomly generated as usual. Say I have a hat in my bags that gives +Str and +Vit, but I'm a wizard. I want to roll up a new four-ability hat, and it'd be nice if it had +Vit on it for sure. So I drag in the +Str : +Vit hat and click on the +Vit attribute, and that line of the item turns green or something. Cost goes up a bunch. Maybe quadruple it. Now when I hit OK instead of 4 random stats, it will have +Vit and three random stats. For even more player driven direction, you could quadruple the price again and drag a second piece in and choose a second guaranteed stat. So I take the +Str : +Vit hat along with a +Int : +GoldRadius hat, select +Vit off the first one and +Int off the second one, pay 16x the price of a hat with 4 random stats and get a hat with +Int, +Vit and 2 random stats. 64x the price for three stats, 256 times for all four stats, etc etc. Maybe?MrGreenGenes5 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 NV item enchant idea for gear swap Lets talk about D2 for a second to reflect how magic find was used back in the days. Now D2 had a W key to switch out gear. But people did not use this option to gear swap magic find gear. Everyone used this option because a Barb needed to refresh his Warcries by using +3 to all stats one handed axes with +X amount to certain Warcries. Same with Sorc's they just swapped out a Rune word sword to buff them selves with Barb and Pally buffs. We did not use gear swapping like we do in D3. We all had a Sorc specifically decked out in magic find for boss runs. Then we had our PvP character that we decked out with our magic find character. The reason we can do this is because our D2 characters had attribute points to increase mana and health. Now in D3 we do not have attribute points to increase this. We have to use our gear. Their are many options that Blizzard wants to do to fix this tedious game play mechanic, according to this post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6583302/Magic_Find_Gear_Swapping-7_3_2012 The ideas and solution that Blizzard is addressing for the players is way too complicated. Most of the ideas listed is only making players wait longer for their magic find to become active. The thing is Blizzard is not solving the issue with the act of gear swapping, but instead keeping it in the game but making it more of a hassle and more painful to use. Adding a W key for swapping gear is the easiest and best solution (for the time being) to keep everyone happy while Blizzard finds a better solution. I have a great idea that might help with this problem. Every time you kill a goblin, elite, or champion, it has a chance to drop a blue item. This item cannot be sold or traded. The item lasts only 24 hours and then disappears if not used in the duration. The item can be applied to any piece of gear currently equipped, (cannot be applied to equipment in the inventory or stash). It is a magic find enchant for gear that lasts 24 hours when applied. After 24 hours or if the player unequipped the item with the enchant, the magic find buff will vanish. Your probably thinking why not apply it to my magic find gear and keep gear swapping. Like I said, if the player unequipped the item or changed gear the enchant will disappear. The item can be random % magic find as well, like 6% - 20% keeping the random loot finding fun. You can even take out NV buff or keep it in. It is up to the developers. This system works with the current game mechanic of killing champions for valor and eliminating the gear swapping all together, while keeping a fun loot aspect to it. This is just my 2 cents. I just want to help make the game better. Keep up the good work.infested3 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Possible MF solution My solution is to implement a new gem that has MF stats on it or replace the red, since I assume most if not all barbs use the purple one for HP on their gears. All gears would come with a special socket slot, except weapons. The special slot would be design to put the MF gem on it. Letting players add those sockets while all classes benefits from it. Since Melee, I assume cant MF swap, since they need their best gears to survive. keep the 5 NV the way they are. The thing about MF swap is that the items that has MF on it, has stats on it. If blizzard can make all MF gears below rare quality, drop only with MF gear and no other stats, players that MF swap wont have enough dps to "finish" the pack and if they do it might take some time to do so. The people that doesnt MF swap, would have much higher MF. As a reward, the guarantee rare drop is increased. I haven't made the calculations yet, but lets say my base MF value with all gears containing MF is 230-240 + the MF with each socket + the 5 NV = guarantee 3-4 rare drops or guarantee ilvl 63 rare drop. This solution wouldn't solve MF swapping, but it would reduce the amount of players doing so + the melee classes would still have a chance to farm items like the range classes. I'm a wizard with MF gears, I don't swap nor do I have problems with them, but since blizzard decided to "negate" the swap, I thought I would give my idea. Just my 2 cents.anTaRES5 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva Who is gonna win. Vote here now.Glenlivet1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 My magic find solution. 1. My first vote would be to just add a MF swap button and keep on the way we are. 2. If we have to change it, create a new MF "skill" that you can "level" up from say "Pages/Tomes/Books of Magic Find" that randomly drops from mobs. You can have pages drop in normal/NM and give 0.5-1%, and each level of difficulty has a higher MF bump you can recieve from the books/tomes. You can cap it at say 225%, and with 5 NV stacks you have 300%. So basically, the more you play, the more your MF goes up, the more loot you get. Pretty simple concept.BaddBoi1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 General Chat New Name Suggestion Imo it should be renamed to Gold Spammers. Anyway good job on let those people run your game (yes they are using bots and getting gold and the gold they buy items and list items for absurd prices bla bla bla or they sell gold to people that prefer them to use rmah) /Sarcasm off Did you guys gave up on trying to get rid of those people?? (blue response would be nice). I wish i could use general chat without those people interfering with their spam, is that so hard to make it happen??Drake2 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 bugged affix spam Fix it ffs. Permanent nightmarish because of horde affix. Shielding automatically resulting in enrage (ha this was supposed to be nerfed, gj making it spam even more). etc. Oh and stop increasing the drop rates by raising monster levels you keep massively boosting enemy damage.Blame1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Diablo III a broken game My Experience with Diablo 3 so far was fun I played on Normal Nightmare Hell and Inferno mode.My Problems started after I entered act 3 Inferno where several elite champion spawns have affixes like "IMMUNE","ARCANE","MORTAR"."MOLTEN" all at once me and my wizard friend though are no experts in playing Diablo II decided to quite the game for the reason that its not fun dieing 32 time from same mob till you kill him just to be able to progress in the game.I did over of 250 hours of farming act I inferno and act II inferno for my gear never gotten anything I could use all my gear are bought from the Auction House.If this is Diablo III,then the hell with it,games are supposed to be fun and nothing more or less,Diablo III is not fun,I am finding out that all my Hard work farming gear is worthless against elite's combos of uber power,I am seeing with my own eyes useless drops over and over again.Diablo III should be a gear check not a point and click fest in an laggy server just to avoid the molten lava or the decimator mob from frying you over and over ...I am very dissapointed I bought this piece of worthless ...back to Diablo II at least drops had a meaning,gearing up had a meaning playing had a meaning...Soubenir2 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Chest-High Walls Please! Make Wallers fun and annoying instead of just annoying! The current wall model has an visual opening in it, I want to be able shoot over it with my laser beams! Can then use those walls to your own tactical advantage. Can only shoot through the wall with Acrhon atm but it's just not the same and makes no sense.Techies7 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Inferno Act 2: When Will the Noobs Stop? I'm absolutely tired of having to filter through at least 10 online groups every time I want to farm Act 2. Before heading out, I always check at least one dudes gear at random just to see what I'm dealing with. What do I find? Players with gear that absolutely could not have even made it through Act 1 by themselves. It's honestly pathetic at this point. And even when their gear happens to be NOT completely worthless, they display an idiotic understanding of the game. I talked with a Demon Hunter today who thought that stacking Vitality was better than all resist. He told me all resist was just for hardcore players, lol. Sure, he had 10k more HP than me, but he still died instantly from basically every elite group we fought. Don't get me wrong, I know what's going on if you are one of these players. You get carried through Act 1 by a Barbarian tank. You actually manage to kill Butcher without spending a single piece of coin in the auction house. Congratulations. This does NOT mean you get to start Act 2, however. Grab at least SOME sort of survivability and read up on your !@#$ing class a little. Then kill Butcher again. Then kill Butcher again. Then kill Butcher...that's right....AGAIN! Keep doing this till you are no longer pathetic and then I may be able to group with you in a week or two. Peace.Toastmasterd69 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Diablo 3 Game experience before quitting Load up A1 Inferno for butcher run by myself, spend 25 minutes running it picking up items and selling them. Think what else I can do... Can't think of anything... Spend another 25 minutes do A1 Inferno butcher run by myself... Horribly bored and lonely in-game so I decide to load up A1 Inferno Butcher Run public game... Play 5 minutes to kill first group of monsters, taking horribly long so I... Load up A1 Inferno for butcher run by myself... Spend... Screw this, and I quit and never played the game since, this was before the recent patch that nerfed all of inferno, but I don't see the point if all I do is meaningless runs.AnimalMother0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Let Followers Remain As it stands now, your follower will abandon you when you're adventuring with someone else (jealous much?). I was just wondering why D3 had to be different from D2 in this regard. I don't see any reason why followers shouldn't be able to stay with each player who joins the game. I understand that it would be ridiculous for 4 players to run around with a total of 60% armor increase from their 4 enchantresses, so here are a couple ways to implement it without significant problems: 1) Follower abilities of the same type cannot be stacked. This not only prevents people from having game-breaking bonuses from followers, but also encourages everyone to use all of their followers and gear them accordingly. For example, in a 4 person party, one person uses the enchantress' armor buff, another uses her 3% attack speed, the 3rd uses the Scoundrel with 3% critical hit chance, and the 4th can use the Templar with resource regen. These effects wouldn't appear with other buffs (same as now) to avoid cluttering the UI. 2) Monsters have a "cooldown" period where they can't be effected by the same follower ability more than once. This prevents 4 enchantresses from mass controlling a pack of mobs to death (although it would be hilarious to fight a pack of chickens for 12 seconds). This would also apply to the Templar stun, etc. This may not even be necessary, since followers tend to get trigger happy whenever the skill is available anyway. 3) (Modifies 1) Only allow 1 follower of each class per game. This means one person draws the short straw and doesn't get a follower, but it prevents the problem with follower stacking outlined above. It also further encourages building every follower. 4) Follower chat is disabled during group play. This allows players to remain sane when encountering/defeating champion packs. It also prevents chat spam when everyone is trying to speak all the time. TL;DR: Bunnies are cute, and that Caldeum guard should be fired for traumatizing children.Wanfear2 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 ETA on AH? hurry up.DVL3 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 game design & economy?!? Can someone explain to me why in the world should the game design decision be made so heavily dependent on the game economy? Last time i checked, Diablo 3 is categorized as a video game. The "FUN" factor should out weight everything else in decision making. With regards to mf item swapping issue, how is someone else getting better drops with extra effort put in taking the fun directly out of the game for some people is beyond me?yuyu1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 @Bashiok - Blue Tagging Irrelevant Posts Bashiok - You asked us for feedback on a pretty hot topic. This is obvious from the absolute slew of responses you've received in a short time. Post after post of valid, well-conceived and well-thought-out possibilities for you to pass to the devs are irrevocably BURIED by drivel, whining and non-constructive windbaggery. And you somehow thought it was a good idea to blue tag some troll posts? C'mon man. If you're going to ask us for constructive feedback and contributions to the game we actually give a damn about, and you're not going to acknowledge the positive threads and good ideas, could you at least do us a favor and also not spit in our faces by validating trolls and naysayers by giving their threads momentum forcing the actual contributions to the bowels of forum decay? Appreciate it, Lelex ~Moderating the Moderators~Lelex4 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Another try to destroy gameplay MF options .. Another try to destroy gameplay lol. I just can't read this stupid changes anymore haha. Can you just do something that will good for players not for your company and makeing money from RMAH more and more? You have zero respect for the players...Just nothing. Lower MF get Drop worst and worst so ppl will use RMAH. Why? Coz ALL i say ALL good items in RMAH are made by bli$$ard and the loot for players need to be worst as it possible. They will add great items to the game for real money and get more and more profits. And now you ask players you want more crap drop or far way more crap drop?? Chose options that will be better. What a bull!@#$ ........SusinRon1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 You're thought process blows my mind Blizz So you don't have a problem with people swapping gear for the MF. Yet you see there are some people swapping gear who don't consider it "fun". So you're solution to all of that is to completely rework one or more of the ways MF and NV work together to make sure those people who don't do it for fun stop doing it. I don't find it fun so guess what Blizzard. I don't do it. You've made Mt. Everest out of an ant hill. It defies all logic as to why you want to change the fundamentals of how something works in game just to get people who don't do it for fun to stop doing. Let them do it and move on to something worth a crap.Eficent10 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Why MF DOESNT have to change. The issue at hand is that people have to switch between MF gear and DPS gear. If only there was gear that spawned with both.. wait. There IS. There ARE equipment with both MF and high stats; people who don't like to switch can buy that gear. The easiest solution is to have MF cost 'less' in items; that is, when making an ilvl 63 item, have MF valued less so higher MF can spawn on items without lowering DEX/INT/VIT/AR etc. This is an item based on loot; if the solution already exists in the loot.. why change it? Just make MF in such a way it doesn't take away too much DPS if it spawns on items.Duncan1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Not getting XP? I have a 98xp bonus from equipment, plus a 19% helm bonus, but I have been watching my XP for a while now, killing many enemies, and I have noticed my XP has gone up by about 100 total. I am playing the game straight through, as in, I am not a super high level character going back to Act 1 on Normal... What is going on with my XP?Sponge141 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 the most constructive thread, dear blizzard in my honest most non-offensive opinion, you should have kept the game under development until it was really finished and polished. import awesomeness from d2, and remember why that game was a success since it's been out forever and the people that played it love it. i mean after all this is diablo 3, something we've been anxiously awaiting, see you guys in a couple months after the game is enjoyable.Trabek0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 People that quit/cry about dying/difficulty Stick to games like WOW or other MMORPGs where you die once per week. YOu have been spoiled by easy mode games where you have everything handed to you and where you never struggle or have to use skill to play. I am playing with my girlfriend and brother-in-law, we are in inferno now and so far we have faced some hard rooms, but it is just a challenge and makes the game last longer and stay fun. If we beat it all in a day, what would be the point? Difficult means more replay value and something to work towards.SnowGoon4 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 My MF idea So here is the idea I had for MF, please read through before slamming your hands on your keyboard in a furious rage. Blizzard should remove MF from gear. Remove MF from gear, with the exception of Legendaries, and Set items/bonuses. This will raise the value of items that are severely lacking. Instead of MF on gear, bring back TOTEMS AND CHARMS. MAGIC FIND TOTEMS AND CHARMS, as well as str, dex, int, LoH, all resist, etc etc. The benefit is 3 fold: 1. Everyone has the same opportunity cost with MF charms. Want MF? It costs an inventory slot or two, no exceptions. Everyone will be on equal magic find footing from the start, and it does not require quick changing anything. All you have to decide is how much magic find is worth the decreased inventory space. Remember, less inventory space means more trips to town, and less time farming. 2. Gives players more opportunity to improve their characters, despite their main gear's failings. Perhaps someone is really struggling, and can't find the perfect shoulder he wants. But he doesn't mind giving up a bit of inventory space. Solution? CHARMS AND TOTEMS. Let's say you're end game, and already have incredible gear...but you feel you're slightly lacking in physical resist. Bam. throw a totem in your inventory when you need it. 3. More itemization. Pretty self explanatory. people have complained since day 1 about D3's itemization. Totems and Charms will give players another item to farm for, something to hope to see when an item drops. 4. Not so much a benefit for the players, but something to sweeten the deal for Blizzard: It's another item people will want to buy and sell on the RMAH. So that is my idea. The only downside I can really think of, is the whole "removing MF from items" thing. I mean, it would be simple to do with newly spawning items. But there are already so many MF items in the wild, I don't believe it would be possible to remove the stat from them without upsetting a large portion of players. (IAS, anyone?). So I would propose the MF removal would only be on newly minted items, or give everyone a fair and long warning of when it's coming.MisterClean2 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Is Gear Swapping a Bad Mechanic? Players don't just swap gear for MF, they also swap it for survival or increased damage output in specific situations. With skills "locked" due to NV lost, swapping gear is the only way to customize your "build" during play. Any precedent set by MF changes that "lock" stats or equipment will negatively effect the Gear Swapping Mechanic. Magic Find is a Stat Magic find is a stat, just like any of the other stats that people weigh the pros and cons of when equipping their character. How are choices about MF on gear any different from any other choices a player makes when determining what they're going to outfit themselves with? At some point there's always a trade off: more damage and less health? Less damage and more magic find? Etc. If the difference is that MF is so good that it becomes required (which i do not believe it is) then we should be discussing a MF nerf, not a nerf to gear swapping. Blizzard does not seem to think MF is overpowered, which leaves us only arguing about gear swapping as a game play mechanic. Do you feel gear swapping in general is a bad mechanic? Nith472 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Elites in Inferno Ok this is about Elite monster groups in Inferno. There are two different things i see very very wrong with it and hopefully it will be fixed somehow soon. 1: Solo or in a Public game , any elite group that has illusionist usually has shielding also. now this already being a pain in the @$$, unless you spend like 20 million on gear you are not going to kill the elites with illusionist in A3 in under 3 minutes.. Then you get the debuff wich = gg. 2:When coming close to actually killing a group of Elite monsters or even just almost killing one, the server will lag , happens quite often , and some crap will happen to where you die ok not a problem i can deal with dying but to have all the Elite monsters back up to full health again , thats just stupid especially after paying 20k repair bill for dying every 3 times.UnholyReign0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 New Endgam Content Suggestion Take a small page from wow. I know a lot of ppl will troll me for this suggestion but I think it could add a lot to the game. Make a new vendor with epic items that are the best in the game and make them account bound, make a new currency that you collect only when u kill elites, and make it hard to get. This would allow a player to slowly work towards the best gear in the game. U will need to put a lot of time and farming, or use the RMAH to get the gear to kill the elites to get the new currency. This allows your every day jo not using the RMAH to have something to aim for, it allows those using the RMAH something to aim for. Just a suggestion but i think it could workxG00S3Rx3 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 A positive thread for Bashiok As many threads have stated before this one, it is out of love for the game that some of us get so passionate about it, and internet anonymity with bad manners which have us present it so immaturely. We as a community appreciate the work you guys are doing to give us the game we want. A lot of the changes so far have been a good step in the right direction. I'm sure it is difficult picking up another dev team's baby and hoping to make it as good as its predecessor. Keep it up and try to remember that geeks by nature lack social skills, and thus social etiquette. We are all pricks online, ignore us and know that deep down most of us are thankful.Dystopiate15 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 am i the only one? Seems to me alot of ppl are annoyed at blizz for d3 or just mad at it.... so i making this just to see if any1 still enjoys it.. I love this game still play it and will play it for many years to come.Eric4 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 RMAH mistake I just sold an item on the RMAH and accidentally set it to deposit into my battle.net balance instead of my PayPal. The item is still under review. Is there any way to switch the funds to transfer into my PayPal before the transaction finalizes?MrHuckinsons14 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 MF Gear < Nephalem Valor - Details Inside Going to preface this post with a design principle that has been reiterated a number of times by Jay Wilson and other Blizzard developers, in addition to game developers across multiple platforms: Presenting players with interesting choices is paramount to effective game design. What this means, is that if the player is presented with an option where the answer is always 'YES' (In this case, in direct reference to the question: "Do I want to max my Magic Find before I kill a monster that has a potential to drop items I will find useful or valuable), is not interesting. It is not even an option. When presented with an outcome in which the results always favor one set of circumstances, it goes from being a choice to a given. That being said, the choice to wear gear that has Magic Find as opposed to other stats presents an interesting choice. The choice, however, becomes moot when a player has the option of simply carrying said gear with them, and swapping out progression/dps/survival pieces for the final moments before a kill. The problem as it stands, is a glowering hole in the logical loop of gameplay that for all intents and purposes is both counterintuitive and otherwise silly to consider as a mainstay of the game mechanics. No amount of Diablo 2 nostalgia makes it sensible for a player to carry an entire set of gear just to swap into for 10 seconds near the end of a fight. How to solve for this? Let's try some out of box thinking here. Remove Magic Find as a stat Replace it with 'Increases Maximum Nephalem Valor by X' How would this work? 1. Nephalem Valor needs to be available for players of EVERY level, throughout the ENTIRE range of progression from 10-60. 2. Every 10 levels, your MAXIMUM Nephalem Valor stack increases by 1. This puts a lvl 60 character exactly where they are. 5 Stacks. 3. The 'Increases Max Nephalem Valor' stat would then bump the POTENTIAL of this stat. It would require NO effort for Blizzard to determine the ceiling that would put the stacks on par with the 200+% Magic Find that people can get on gear now. +10 Stacks? +20 Stacks? +30 Stacks? You get the point. 4. If you've reached the ceiling, and remove the gear, you lose the stack that it was allowing you to get. 5. Removing gear that doesn't put your CURRENT stacks below your MAX stacks has no appreciable effect on your performance. 6. This encourages players not only to find gear that they KNOW will have a significant impact on their earning potential, but doesn't totally penalize players who might need to swap gear to take out a difficult pack. Nephalem Valor is the answer to these kind of problems. It's about time it started getting turned into a first-class citizen in the revamp of this game, and not a replacement for the MF gear that people don't want to wear.Lelex5 Jul 3, 2012