General Discussion

Jul 9, 2012 If you could nerf any 2-3 nonbossmobs in game What would they be, why, and how would you change them? Oppressors: Oppressors charge has had it's ranged reduced by roughly 50%. In addition it now has a charge up time, and animation that plays when charging. It will function like the charge from Savage Beast in act 1 in that it can be dodged. The damage will remain unchanged to compensate. Rock worms (all types): Rock worms will now do 50% less damage on all difficulty's, and will remain out of the ground for at least 8 seconds every time they surface. Mounds will be visible on the ground so players are not one shot at random. Mounds can be destroyed via ranged attacks to force the creature to the surface Copperfangs (all types): These mobs will now only be able to be stealthed prior to combat, and can not go invisible at will. They can also be hit by attacks, and brought out of stealth prior to their sneak attack. This change is so that if you run into a pack with shielding you can reliably kill it before they enrage. (had a pack and I wailed on it until enrage and only did like 10% damage since they were either shielded or invisible the entire time)TedNelson1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 i will go to torchlight 2 if nothing change hi , blizzard , yes i speak for you and for all players that feel like me , the only thing i can say is the game is too hard and for that reason i will skip to torchlight 2 i got a barbarian 1120 all res 9000 armor 35 % block and i take damage hits like crazy , with these stats i will normally be able to finish the game but this isn't the case , i reach act 3 and here it's impossible , ghom is impossible , and i had a hard time on belial enrage which is 3 min and is unfair for everyone .Scortyl41 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Professional Russians in AH Searching by name in the AH gives set or legendary items. However, I came across from items named in there I never heard of but there aren't any listed either. Search Professional and theres a list of dozens of items named Professional Russians Fast Wand or DPS axe and stuff like that. Search for mighty and theres a few items like Mighty Axe and whatnot as well.. WHAT ARE THESE?! :OAstynax12 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 why no any speacial event for holiday? like 4July(National Day)... exp: can b like have a gift +100MF for 1hour etc.... many can do right?Gospel1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Realistic wishlist for Expansion (if ever) Hi, since all previous Diablo games did get an expansion, I hope if and when Blizzard does decide to make one, they'd consider these, which I feel isn't complicated to integrate with the source code of the game 1. Add skill points to add levels skills/runes Runes are good, but they're locked at a certain level. Like say Impale with Overpenetration % is at 125% (correct me on this). By having skill points to level up skills runes, given the example above, say adding a skill level to Overpenetration makes it 130% and so on. for defensive skills, it could add duration. That would add customization to the skills. 2. Bring back item slotting Admittedly there are blue items that are at par with gold items. Please bring back item slotting. It would also benefit the AH Blizzard. 3. Revamp the Blacksmith Nobody pays attention to the Blacksmith because the crafted items are either too high for your level or outclassed by farmed items. What they should is the higher the blacksmith's level, the more chances he can craft more powerful items that matches the character level commissioning the item craft and not get locked into a static value/level. That way, people will turn to the BS and not rely on farming and can make the AH more vibrant.MetroGwapo5 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Could we have a thing to report botters? There was a barbarian named corvo in our party, actions where not human like anymore and he would come back to an exact point after fighting a couple mobs. I also asked if he was a bot and no response.. anyways. when i went to click under his name i noticed there is no real option for reporting botters, it would be nice if there was.dcomnimda0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 this is a nice game i play one hour per day, farming A2 , challenging A3. Trying different builds by my own. collecting legendary stuff. Drops really sucks though. i dont think i have to beat diablo in a month and smash all the mobs with one hand. Dont want to debate with those ppl who is going to quit, for me, i think this is a nice game. especially in that time when i was lving to 60.hellbeer3 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Hostility Mode Back <----- Support it Hi community , i open that thread for all diablo gamers that know what is hostile mode. I think one of the biggest FAILS in that game is no include a mode that was part of the ecense of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Jay wilson thinks that diablo is World of warcraft , he says that hostile mode is not fun.... Jay.... If Diablo is one of the more famous games of the history is thanks to the hostile mode. Why change something that work? Now we have the results... Blizzard recognized that the game have a big end-game problems.... Comunity is not happy , lot of people go to other games.... Where are the Players killers? Where are the duels? Where are the ears collections? PVP arenas can be a great aport but IS NOT HOSTILE MODE!!!!!! I miss when i where in game and i ear the hostile sound and the feeling that someone is trying to hunt me. I m hardcore player , i want to kill and i want to die in fights with other player killers.... Please use that threat for support the return of the hostile mode :) Diablo is not World of warcraft!!! >_<Murk500 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Diablo 3, Big disappointment, or the BIGGEST? The big, or biggest disappointment in Video game history??Soapy10 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Diablo - Not Socially Competitive I recently watched the interview where Jay Wilson says that Diablo isn't like World of Warcraft, where the best items don't go to the players with most skill, but with the best bartering skills or dedication. This notion of "not socially competitive" is extremely unnerving to me. We all know diablo is lacking in an endgame, and I most definitely hope we can solve that sooner than later. However, if Diablo isn't meant to be socially competitive, then what kinds of solutions to the endgame can we possibly get? Most games get their longevity from ladder, PvP, and stuff of that nature. If Diablo is just meant for you to maximize your own Diablo single player experience, I just don't see how good items are really needed for that. Why farm for better gear when I can already beat the game? Nothing about the D3 experience makes sense to me.LeSeanMcCoy0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Finding MF gear nerfed ??? Just asking how many ppl have asked themselves this question in the last week or so. 1 example: - I have noticed that what "normally" i could BUY @ a vender in act 1 "normal" there now appears to no longer be rings/amulets/armor with MF on them.I have tried with various chars ranging from lvl 15-50 so i could buy what used to be there like 5% mf. ALL i have seen after like 30 tries LAST few days is maybe a one 3%mf armor if lucky.I haven't been able to buy my char(s) a ring or amulet with MF at ALL. edit: Also i have been SOL when finding MF gear drops.None today after 4-5 hrs.:( I don't want to jump the gun on this BUT i feel like as if NOT only has MF been nerfed but also Getting MF gear. Please help me to figure this out. Thx for your reply.OugaBooga8 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 How to calculat dps? Ok i'm sure this has been asked but how do you calculate it...I have 1.83 APS and about 1300 damage. Do i divide it? ThxJUGGERNAUT1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 You've got to be kidding me! Diablo down?? I just killed diablo on inferno and got 3... YES 3 BLUE ITEMS a 1 handed mace that does 300 damage and a 2 handed bow that does 280 damage... Really??? I just spent like all afternoon killing diablo and when I finally kill him I get 3 blue items and like 200 gold?? Blizzard seriously... wtf were you thinking????zillabunny17 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 So, if Blizzard gave you easy godly items... + Lots of godly items being sold in AH > more profit to players + Lots of godly items being sold in RMAH > more profit to players and Blizzard + No more loot drop complaints in forum But... - New complaints flood the forum: - Game is too easy - Players demand a truly challenging new difficulty mode And then Blizzard released new mode... - New complaints, again: - Game is too hard in that new difficulty mode - Etc. etc. etc. Thoughts?Mikelodeon11 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 hardcap magic find in diablo? is blizzard really considering hard capping magic find stat?vargo4233 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Where Diablo 3 really went wrong So in short ive been playn diablo 2 with a couple friends lately and i have been havn a blast sooo much fun i forgot how great that game is..... Diablo 2 reminds me alot of games like halo3, golden eye 64, guantlet 64, metal slug 3, serious sam fe and se, columnes 3, SSF2: CE, and the list can continue forever and i know some people may not agree with me on all the titles i have chosen but IMO what all these titles have in common is that they were and always will be the best games of the franchise why... because while the creaters were making these games they accidently stumbled upon some kind of magical balance of difficultly, fun, depth, variety, and every aspect of the game measurable and immeasurable so when u play these titles u get a kind of fuzzy warm feeling inside from the first hour of game play through the 500th this feeling cannot be purposely recreated nor can one explain why the game is as great as it is these things just happen with good game creation and alot of luck so diablo 3 went wrong by promising us a game that will b better than diablo 2... it didnt happen and it wont ever happen with that said i am still havn plenty fun with diablo 3 but thats only because im not comparing it to diablo 2 ( and it will nvr b as great as diablo 2 either) but as a different game one that better than a "hit of the week" but its definatly not a "hit of an eternity" that Diablo 2 becamePopNutz0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Don't Say "I Quit"... Say "I'm taking a break" :). This is usually closer to the reality. I think the majority of longtime players were a little let down on release. However Blizzard *does* seem to realize this and are definately taking steps to fix things. What we will see in the near future. - Further changes to make good loot easier to find (from EU forums). - Changes to make the endgame better. - Legendary buffs. - Skill balancing. - Pvp. - <likely> Further changes to Inferno to make certain things less obnoxious. If you are currently not enjoying Diablo but any of those things would be enough to pique your interest, then I suggest that you take a break - just for a month or so. Come back to Diablo 3 and see if it can learn to impress you. Things to do in the meantime. 1) Watch a TV series from start to finish. 2) Read that book series you always wanted to (I still haven't read Game of Thrones). 3) Get into comics! The Green Lantern continuity, the Constantine continuity, Transmetropolitan, Preacher, The Boys, Punisher MAX, Infinite Crisis. Just a few really really great series to read. 4) Give manga/anime a try. Let your inner nerd really shine through and see if you can get into Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Bleach, Gantz, Berserk, One Piece etc. 5) Play another game. Max Payne 3 is good! Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 are both on the horizon, and Borderlands 2/Grim Dawn are kicking around out there somewhere too. Also, chances are that if you are like me you till have a few games on your backlist that you have been meaning to play. 6) Get in shape. Spend 2-3 weeks playing minimal videogames and instead go jogging/hit the gym. When you start again, you will feel all the better for it. 7) Pick up a new hobby. Go and buy that guitar you always wanted, or take those Maui Thai classes. 8) Write. 9) Clean your entire house/apartment from top to bottom. Repaint or repair anything that needs it. 10) Spend time with your friends/partner etc. They will probably like the attention! Anything else?Starbird34 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Kripp puts the nail on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtAreSOCyDw&feature=g-all-u Pretty much why I'm losing enjoyment.Jake0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 People would have been happier. Blizzard, you tried your hardest to make Diablo 3 and it wasnt hard enough. Seeing how many people are disappointed with this game i think everyone would be happier if you just re-released Diablo 2 with better graphics.Sweeney12 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Rate the champs from stronger to weaker DH monk wiz baba wdZgouromancer0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Legendary's are very hard to see on drop I'm sure that this has been put out there before, but I'd like to reiterate it if I may. This theory has nothing to do with stats or any of that, just how hard they are to see. I have a theory, my theory is that people are getting Legendary/Unique drops more than they realize.... and completely missing them in the background of the world. I've had three Legendary drops across two characters (that I know of..), two drops in Inferno, one drop at lvl 30-ish. All three times I've barely caught the drops and thought to myself, "Man, that was hard to see!". I have a suggestion, I doubt anyone will listen, but hey, it's worth a shot! Could you maybe make Legendary/Unique items names pulse or something when they drop? Just something to catch the attention of the guy running around! I mean, their Legendary items... your telling me that the magic in them can't make them glow or pulse some noticeable color so people don't miss them? It's just a thought, I realize their supposed to be rare, and people are complaining about the drop rates. Like I said, my personal opinion is that they drop more than a lot of people realize. Maybe the color optimization on their monitor is bad, or maybe they just like weird color schemes, in either case the names are only a couple of shades off of the ground color in about 1/2 of the game. Makes it hard to say, OH LOOK!!! Instead you say "I haven't seen a Legendary drop in 3 full play through's of the game!"Ruwe33 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 I bought a new car! In 4 months they'll release an update that allows me to drive in reverse and make left hand turns!Manhands1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Clans...Guilds..Social... Why was the social element of Diablo3 ignored so badly? Your company made the same mistake with Sc2 and it costs you many many users and customers. Why make the same mistake twice? Why does BNET2.0 feel like a console game interface? This is a PC game and it should leverage the advantages of a PC's capabilities. So why?Crebstar4 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Audio - Headphones/Speakers Let me start by saying this is just a minor inconvenience to me. I'm actually creating the topic to see if anyone knows how to fix this. If I open diablo 3 while my sound output is set to the speakers, when I change it to Headphones, the game will remain sending the audio to the speakers. Making me have to quit the game and reopen. Is there a way to change to headphones without needing to reopen? Thanks in advance, any tip will be greatly appreciated.Sucrilhus2 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 If Blizzard wasnt about money... Why would they put up an authenticator? Yeah I know secure our gear, saves us heart ache, blah blah... you can't use the RMAH, wthout an authenticator... Why did they nerf the login attempts, oh wait faster logging in meant faster farming. We all blew up about farming and how diablo was made for farming... Allot of us have mentioned that for a long time it seemed gold find and magic find didn't Seem to be dropping the same amounts of stuff as they had pre patches.... (They ignored that) Then patched some of it... Oh look now they want to nerf magic find... So we can't sell items for gold/money, to make more gold for ourselves... Because it helps farming... They nerfed IAS... So we can not kill stuff faster, was that so we can't farm faster, again to keep from making gold faster... They take 15%, and if you use pay pal another 15% cuts from the RMAH. Why do they need to take a cut from the AH at all, taking a processing fee for handling pay pal, should be a base fee don't you think... (like 1 dollar) And my favorite... The Heavy Death Repair Cost, wait for it... This d$#@ game is a single player game mostly, with optional multiple player. It really does not break the game if we graveyard zerg, or if there is no repair cost, or low as heck repair cost. The friggin death timer is a pain in the butt enough as punishment for death. Oh wait they put HDRC in, to stimulate people buying better gear from their RMah, because all the good pieces are now there because people nature for greed and money, and Blizzards 30%... These thought processes aren't crazy, they aren't way out there, they are kinda logical. If a company wanted to make things fair they would limit the amount you could post things on the AH for, both of them. They would not take a cut for selling on the AH. The processing fee would be a baseline fee. And you would stop taking away skills/items/stats that helped towards farming. And you would fix the repair cost... upon death. Most of us are not gold farmers in the sense of sellers off of the BLizzard network. I sell my gold straight to your vendors and AH, and I bet most of your players are doing the same. So stop punishing the majority for the sins of the few... Because your killing the name and legacy of your company and the game, over greedy/something else. I remember when game makers made games to be enjoyed by the players 1st, then profits 2nd... wished Blizzard did.MagnusX755 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Why Diablo 2 had so much more longevity I know this topic has been beaten to death and posted all over the forums. But I've been a huge fan of the Diablo series since I was eight. I know everyone is going to say, "Its Diablo 3, not Diablo 2! Expect it to be different!" That's great, I actually really enjoy the game play aspect of the game. The problem I have with D3 is the item system. I realize they made rares so valuable was to make the randomness and variety of equipped items widely interchangeable for all the players. The biggest problem with the item system, is honestly the Auction house. In diablo 2, you could farm all day killing a boss. You would get an average of a unique or set item at least every 2 runs with moderate magic find. Each time a unique or set item dropped, you got a sense of accomplishment, even if was a worthless, low quality unique. Because it was still considered a rare drop. In Diablo 3, I can get 20+ rares a run really easy and I don't feel any joy or sense of accomplishment from any of the drops. Sure when I identify an item that is worth quite a bit, it feels awesome. But then what? You have this decent item, so either it is a gear upgrade for one of your characters, or it goes into the auction house with thousands of other items just as good. Now I also realize that in Diablo 3, items were just as plentiful, decent unique items were all over the place, and the really good ones were much less common, but findable without too much effort. But it was the lack of auction house that made Diablo 2. When I browse the auction house and see hundreds of the same unique I want to sell, I feel despair. But in Diablo 2 I could make a game with the item name, and within 10 minutes, generally someone would pop in interested to see its stats and possibly buy it. The next biggest problem is the actually the randonness of the items. I realize that it is awesome fighting someone who has no gear identical to you. But It works for every other MMO out there. All the max level characters are running around in near identical gear, with slight variations in min/max of the items stats. It worked in D2, it worked in WoW, why wouldn't it work here? I realize this topic has been beaten to death, and I realize there is probably nothing at this point in the game the Developers can do to fix things, short of building a whole new game. In my personal opinion, Once the PVP patch has been out for 2ish months, unless it is a phenomenally fun thing to do, the majority of the population left will quit. That is all that is keeping me here at all. The Story, the grind for gear that doesn't make me happy when I find it, the lack of community and party I felt from playing open D2 games, is just old. Posters corner! If anyone has a great feedback post about Diablo 3, why you think it is good or bad will be posted below here with my opinions on it.Zilther0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Can we get an ETA on PVP, AH, Dueling? EDIT: Not really an ETA on dueling, but it's in the post, so may as well have it in the title. I'm not one to complain about diablo, because I love the game, but I have to admit there are some things I try to hide in the back of my mind that I really want. AH affix fix: It's no surprise that the AH needs more affix searches. What gets me is that in testing (or so I've seen pictures of) there was like 5-6 affix searches? Also why can't I search by min and max damage? Sources (as most people know) are ridiculously hard to search for. PVP: I've never played D2, and even though I'm not a single player guy, I loved the quest to 60, and playing with people in groups from act 3 inferno to act 4. What I'm getting at, is I bought the game because it said there would be pvp. What also doesn't make any sense to me is why there isn't a "dueling system." Wow is a classic example of why a very easily , made option to duel, would make people really happy till the hold over to pvp. It's been 10 years, and recently almost 2 months (since release) and there is no PvP. Why? Can we get a reason why my favorite option in most games, and was promised with this game isn't there? Conclusion: Many people will whine and complain about, class imbalance, game is too hard, no endgame, and every little thing they don't enjoy. What I'm asking for is things that are so simply, that an entire department from a massive gaming company should be able to come out with these 3 simple fixes/options. PvP, dueling, AH search fix and UI. At the very least if I'm going to wait 1-5months for this (or in blizzard standards, a few years) Can we atleast get an idea of, ETA, why something won't happen, or just general reasoning behind not having these things. If we can get some ACTUAL talk going with the devs about why these things aren't here, it would be great. ALSO, why can't I add facebook friends like in starcraft 2??? Starcraft 2 has this feature, why not diablo?Enfrozt9 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Guard of the Keep is now following you! Guard of the Keep is no longer following you!Alberstol0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 This game should have been console only! Yep, console only. Should have never been on PC.That said, I am a pc gamer only, would never have baught this. If anyone has ever played a civilizations game on pc, then baught the exact game on console, and realized how gimp, how much content was missing, and the lack of using a keyboard, you will know what I mean. PC games, we play it because we love the keyboard. We love using the 1-9 keys. What if I wanna hotkey a skill on 3 keys? We love making hotkeys. Diablo 3 has 4 buttons you can use on your keyboard for skills, excluding the mouse. What happened to the usage of #1-9 keys?? They said they wanted to make the interface as simple as possible. This game was released for PC. I don't get it? Go look at torchlight 2. #1-9 keys! No button for gear swap? You wont let us? Who are you to tell us how to map out our keyboard for a PC game, just because you wanted to keep it "simple"? d1, d2, warcraft1 and 2, starcraft1 was just fine. Should have made this console, and let us pc gamers be.Hercules4060 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 some1 show me decent legendary weapon just 1 that overdps blue weapon...and can some1 explain me is it hard to test that before selling this game ?Havnar83 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 The real problem is the formulaic maps Ok, so I've been playing for a while. I have a level 60 toon, and I can hang in act II inferno if I have a team of people. I can farm act I solo pretty much no problem. I understand that Blizzard can't make godlike items drop, so people have to farm. Fine. Great. I don't see a problem with that. The real thing that is making me want to quit is having to re-play the same damn maps, with the same damn monsters, and the same damn bosses over and over and over just to get that one item that is better than what I have and will make it possible to move forward in Inferno. Think about WoW. One of the biggest draws is the size and complexity of the world. Farming for items is great, but the actual plot of the game is SO boring that farming makes you want to gouge out your own eyes and eat them. If there were something INTERESTING about the gameplay while you were farming - new TRULY random maps, very unusual items, new types of monsters, SOMETHING, then that might keep my interest. But I just can't take much more 'start a game from sword of the stranger, fight through to the butcher, repeat.' i understand that blizzard wants to make diablo into a money maker, but the problem is just buying better items isn't good enough. I've already beat Normal, Nightmare, and Hell, and already that was getting boring. Assume that I had the best armor possible and could one-shot diablo in act IV. Then what? It's bad enough that the END GAME leaves me exactly where I am now. Train another toon? Same levels, same monsters, same bosses, same everything. Try to make some money in the RMAH? To get items you have to either sit and search ALL DAY and just resell at a higher price (we have something like that already, blizzard, it's called Ebay) or keep replaying the same exact game over and over and over. Am I the only one who feels like this is a bad video game version of the movie Groundhog Day?hal89995 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 What happened to my achievments?! I grinded out some achievments today reaching over 3k points, Now that I logged back on I only have 2960 and the tasks I did today got reverted!? Wtf Blizzard? crumbling vault (Got all 3 parts at once) got out a second to spare Lost treasure of the dakab Historian of Caldeum And a couple more, Thanks Blizzard now I get to waste more time doing all this again. FIX YOUR DAMN GAME.Jeff4 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Blizzard wants you to quit This game has no monthly fee and the auction house transaction fee is going to sum up to a paltry amount of revenue compared to the initial game sales. The only operating cost they have now is server maintenance, and I'm sure they learned their mistake from Diablo 2 after they were still paying to maintain those servers over ten years after the game was released. The more of you that quit the fewer servers Blizzard needs, and thus they turn more of their revenue into profit. So stick it to Blizzard -- Continue to grind the game out by making as many short games as possible to do as many goblin runs as you can.zastari19 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Suggestions for add URL update I hope this suggestion gets some support, I think it would make the over all game play much smoother, cleaner, better.. I am sure this effects everyone that plays the game from level 1 - 60+ in all modes of play. With out further adieu My suggestion is a gear managing tool/options, my biggest problem is I have so many items they get lost among others, I will take one off to try on something else it will get shuffled into my bank, and sometimes even sold or lost. Some of this is due to the enormous rush to get out and farm, I understand, but I think it would be a nice simple feature to add. After YEARS of playing World of Warcraft, I am used to gear add on's as well as bank add on's that tell me what is a part of the set I am wearing, fast change to other sets, and even if its on a different character on my account, I can track this very simply and easily. Now I understand that this feature in this game would be harder to build at this level of detailed described, but maybe a color system? Or text notes we can places on gear, maybe a renaming feature. Over all search function would be a HUGE help, if I don't have to log into ever single character on my account to find gear, well that would save hours. Please if you have any good suggestions or ideas, or maybe some helpful advice for me, I would love to hear it. Thank you.xrated0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Reflect DMG Affix too intense yeah....reflect damage shouldnt fkn 1 shot me when i shoot...its like the better my gear gets the worse i get at killing Elites with that affix... i personally believe its out of control. i like the idea of having a damage reflec affix but not to THAT intensity...especially that i have to run around for 3 seconds to wait for the stupid pot cooldown and by then the monster has already fully healed again mid fight. IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN RIGHT NOW JAY REALLY I LOVE WASTING MY TIME. Rage overPioneerProDJ5 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Illinois Players... Just checking to see if there are Illinois players here. I am 30mins south of Chicago.DarkEvilDead206 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Has no one heard of this, or what?! http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2012/07/06/tech-dns-changer-virus.html FBI are shutting down the internet tomorrow for anyone who may have this virus and still don't know it, apparently. So, yeah. Get on that, people.NewZodiac7 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Streaming Act 3 Barb solo farm http://www.justin.tv/shadowccShadowcc0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Youtube Supporting Gold Farming Ads http://i.imgur.com/AHXw5.jpg Link ad takes you too: http://www.guy4game.com/diablo-3-us/diablo-3-gold/?aid=1816&gclid=CIOjud3Ki7ECFcHRKgod4Vwc1w Seems like something like this shouldn't be allowed to advertised (im assuming buying gold is against the code of conduct or terms of use)b00xx3 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 They Are Buffing Loot Drops Again! edit - nevermind, I made a derp. >_<Starbird10 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Just came back from a permanent forum ban... And I wanted to thank the community managers for giving me the chance to return to the community. It was a long 3 weeks, and the appeal time was pretty frustrating but in the end it was worth the wait. Thank you for understanding the situation that was at hand and taking the correct action. I look forward to actually giving my comments on these forums once again... it was horrible not being able to voice my opinions. :)Valderino7 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Legendary mats.. Is it possible now to get legendary mats off blue items?Lebowski0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Auction House suggestions I wanted to ask for some improvements on the auction house and hope that the staff would ready my topic :) First improvement is the number of filters on equipment, its actually 3 and I think it should be at least 5. And I think they should include DPS as an option for filtering the weapons. Second, on the log we should be able to see what item was the one you sold, just like on the chat window and there should be a search button so we could find out how much we paid for certain item. If you guys do that, the auction house experience will be much better and consequently you would profit more because it would be easier to buy and sell items that way. If anybody has any other Improvement in mind just use this thread to share it with the staff.Malachite0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Why the hell do Barbarians flinch? Haven't honestly tried on other classes, but barbarians often get mini-stunned when getting hit by mobs. What gives? On Diablo 2, you could get enough FHR to somewhat deny that effect. Now the stat isn't present on D3, yet my character still flinches. Either give us a way to counter it, or remove it from the game. As an example, I just died to 10 ridiculously easy scorpions and spearmen because I was stuck flinching for 10 seconds straght, unable to use any skills or auto-attack.Haz5 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 "Why would you spend money on pixels?" Is this a troll meme or are people just commonly stupid enough to judge other people for spending their own money on something that gives them joy?Bergtau2 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Is Cain Really Dead? So according to the story Cain is part of the Horadrim and so was Zoltun Kulle. If I'm understanding the story right then every member of the Horadrim was Nephilim which should include Cain. Does that mean that like any Nephilim he cannot die and will return? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding who's Nephilim and what the Horadrim is. Thoughts? Also a side note, Adria left to somewhere at the end of Act 3 and wasn't heard from again. Obviously she'll make a return later but after so many of the "good guys" either changed or died I felt like I wanted Cain back.XvX48437 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Restricted into act? and identifying items I really liked the way that back then we could travel through acts with waypoints. Lets say i felt like fighting all the bosses, i could just go through andariels dungeon then tal rashas chamber to mephisto's place and so on. But now if i wanted to kill butcher, belial, azmodan, i have to create new games for each act which also causes me to lose my nephalem valor stacks each time because i dont want to go through every single quests in that act again. Why did blizzard decide to lock us into acts? Also, will blizzard bring back the old method when we talk to cain (even though he is dead now) but he would identify the whole inventory at once for us?Pikachu3 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 GAH Bidding Mechanics I'm confused on how this works. If the current bid is 100k and I overbid let's say 1M and win, will I get a gold refund of the remainder gold between the minimum bid and my bid?spydexign11 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 This game changed my opinion of Blizz... Heres a short background story to bring you up to speed. I started computer gaming a long time ago. Began enjoying the warcraft series, moved onto starcraft then diablo I and II, then I moved onto world of warcraft (without even knowing until WoW that all my favorite games were made by the same company) I realized then that this company makes great games that I enjoy playing... Then diablo 3 and pandaland happened in WoW and to be honest you guys have dropped the ball so severely that I'm already thinking how bad your next mmo is going to be... Honestly I questioned the quality of diablo 3 as soon as I read through all the lore in the manual. You had me blizzard, you had my wallet but now you've lost my trust and the relationship will never be the same. I can no longer blindly support your releases... Im sorry you had to do this to me.Manhands0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 1.0.3 Saved Diablo and My Witch Doctor For Me Preface: If at any point while reading this you have the urge to flame me, please skip the read and flame away. You are a troll. Believe it or not you are the self-centered minority who wants this game to play exactly how you envision it without any regard to the big picture. Just because you have the loudest voice doesn't make you right. That's not how the world works. One day you'll realize this and will no longer troll. The unfortunate thing is you will be replaced by a new generation of troll. If you're upset that these changes are making the game too easy after you've already cleared Inferno or if you've already spent 30+ million gold or $100+ on the Auction Houses, you too are the minority. The game has been out for little over a month, a lot of people haven't even had the chance to play the game. You bought in during the birth of very complex game and many more necessary changes are sure to come. No game can realistically be played 20+ hours a week and maintain the same appeal to those that play a few hours a day. Those hours will eventually go towards what we call "Life" (not meant to be insulting). If you're at a point in your life where you can commit those hours, good for you, more power to you. I was there once but it's not realistic and won't sustain. If you're upset that this game is far inferior to Diablo 2, you have blinders on and are missing the point. Diablo 2 had 10 years of tweaking and expansions. Diablo 3 is a totally different game entirely, on purpose. Blizzard now has the insane task of making a game that has lasting appeal and is challenging, fun, entertaining, sociable all while balancing the challenges that come with the Gold and Real Money Auction Houses. If you're upset that your class is getting nerfed or your class isn't getting any buffs, be patient. There are more important issues to address that affect the game experience as a whole. In the meantime, try different abilities, build your inventory to be more varied and I'm sure you'll find something that works. That is where the challenge lies, where enjoyment can be found. Balance is next on the list. If you're upset that these changes are forcing you to change what has previously worked for you, that's the point. It's clear that their intentions are to challenge players through Elite Mobs. Forcing players to experiment with abilities and develop their skills. Every random elite mob in a randomly generated area of an Act brings about a new challenge to face. Hours and hours of stockpiling gold, breaking barrels and/or doing boss runs is cookie cutter, boring and not a challenge that brings variance and lasting appeal. Lastly, end game is not defeating Diablo on Inferno. End game is Diablo on Inferno Hardcore! Only then can you say that this game is not a challenge but by then, I'm sure your tone will change. Added to the end game are achievements. I'm not a fan of achievements for all games but in the case of Diablo, with randomly generated mobs and areas, the achievements are a way to be sure you've encountered everything the developers have tirelessly crammed into this amazing game. The icing on the cake, once balance is worked out, is PvP. An endless set of challenges that will truly test your skills. It's understandable why this couldn't be available during the launch period. I could argue that for $60 these games give you more bang for your buck than you’ll find anywhere else in life. Disclaimer: As you can probably tell from the preface, this is going to be a long read without a TL;DR summary. I'm constantly on these forums, gaining valuable information and reading well formed opinions where I can find them. I don't post much so I have a lot to cover regarding my experience. With the existence of so much hate, I feel the need to say my peace. If one person agrees with my post or feels like there is hope in this endless sea of complainers, I'm satisfied. I'll start with how the game in general has changed and close with how it affects my Witch Doctor specifically. In General: I'm an average hard working American who works 40 hours a week, with a girlfriend and a social life (as budget permits). I've still found the time to solo my way to inferno with my "broken" Witch Doctor. With 2-6 hours of time to play on most days, I understand I've progressed farther than the majority of gamers. Not once did I feel the game was unfair. Throughout the entire experience, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I'm the type to explore every nook and cranny, seeing what new types of enemies and areas I can discover. Normal/Nightmare mode gave me opportunity to get a feel for the enemy types, max level and experiment with different builds. The real difficulty began towards the end of Hell/Act 1 Inferno. With my gear slowly upgrading through drops and gold market place and my skill set expanding with the understanding of my abilities and knowledge of enemy types, not once during my play through did I feel like I was up against unfair odds. And then came Act 2 Inferno. It hit me like a brick wall. There was nothing I could do to progress any further except either farm for 10+ million gold or partake in the Real Money Auction House, which I refuse to do. It's not that I'm against farming; I'm against farming for the sole purpose of building my gold stockpile to the tens of millions by breaking barrels and collecting only level 60/61/62 loot. I'm also not inclined to list my auctions for ridiculously high prices and perpetuate the disgusting prices on the gold auction house. If I play for a few hours and find a really nice drop, I'm happy with getting a few hundred thousand gold in return. With the added 2% drop rate of level 63 loot in Act 1 Inferno and I can now justify farming. Just the smallest chance gives me the motivation to continue farming, knowing that I will either upgrade my gear or have something legitimate to post to the Auction House and make a pretty penny. The shift away from gaining rares from breakable objects or bosses has allowed me to farm the way farming was intended, by taking down Elite packs and white mobs, the real challenge in Diablo. Now I can start up Act 1 Inferno and play my way through in its entirety, exploring everything and hunting down elite packs, killing white mobs and using my skill set to progress farther. No more need to do Warden/Butcher runs, rinse and repeat. With the damage from enemies in Act 2, 3 and 4 of Inferno reduced, I found myself able to progress further into Act 2 but not comfortably. This added to my motivation to continue to farm Act 1 because coupled with the increased repair cost; zerging my way through Act 2 is not feasible. Again, another change that gives incentive to farm the way the developers intend. Farming late game is not meant to be a complete slaughterfest, ignoring damage and the possibility of death entirely. I can now farm with purpose and enjoy the challenge. The increased repair cost is a brilliant change. If you're spending too much on repairs you're taking too much damage while farming. Either because you're trying to zerg your way through an area you're not ready for or because you're build isn't allowing you to farm efficiently. This makes every decision important again, creating a challenge and keeping it fun while hunting down Elite Packs to murder. The hidden brilliance here is that this WILL drive down Gold Auction House prices in the long term. Players will simply not be able stockpile tens of millions of gold as easily, making end game gear more obtainable for everyone who doesn't have 20 hours a week to play video games. Sure it will still take a few weeks to upgrade an item but it won't take a few months of farming gold to do so. And now there's a chance you may get a level 63 upgrade in the meantime, brilliant. The decreased cost of Blacksmith and Jeweler is also a great change and will help drive down prices in the Auction House in the long term. I now have something valuable and reasonable to spend my gold on rather than just stockpiling it for a purchase on the Auction House. Witch Doctor Specific: I've experimented a lot with abilities and stats. I've avoided "all-in" builds that revolve around Vision Quest. Keeping most abilities on cooldown is not fun and challenging. Previously, my best answer to try and make a dent in Act 2 Inferno was stacking Increased Attack Speed and using Splinter Darts. Although most effective, I didn't find this enjoyable either. I felt pigeon holed into using it since it was so much more effective than any other spammable ability. The nerf to IAS has freed me from this "glass cannon" vice. I can now address the challenge to try my luck with spiders, frogs, firebombs etc. Coupled with the decreased enemy damage in Inferno, I'm confident that other builds can work effectively. What I've found with 1 night in 1.0.3 is that Corpse Spiders are amazing. I was previously turned off by the fact that I wasn't shooting a specific target without my darts but that’s what makes the spiders so fun. Hiding behind cover and launching spiders behind a wall of zombies, using grasp of the dead is pure bliss. I feel like my creatures are doing the dirty work again while I can stay safe and avoid any unnecessary repair costs while farming. You still have to do some kiting but it isn't line of sight kiting and it feels fresh. I've heard a lot of complaints about our Mana Pool. It's limited for a reason. If you're trying to spam anything other than primary abilities, you're doing it wrong. Cooldowns and high mana costs are the developer’s way of telling you that. I don't have a list of build orders to offer you but I can recommend starting with a primary ability in mind and tailoring the rest of your abilities and stats around it. Closing: This has been MY opinion based on MY experience. I understand I am just one gamer in a community of millions. Pleasing everyone is impossible so I'll ignore the trolls to the best of my ability and try my best to help build a supporting community. I'll continue to play as the game develops with the understanding that Blizzard will make mistakes but ultimately knows best. I do not envy the task of balancing the complexities of Diablo while keeping the game fun and challenging. Until I reach end game, felling Diablo on Inferno Hardcore, completely all achievements and owning the best of the best in PvP, I'll be here. Thank you for reading, Sincerely, The Cooter Man Bring on the trolls!TheCooterMan55 Jul 9, 2012