General Discussion

Jun 19, 2012 PossibleExploitation: Blizzard sets precedent This is not intended as a "rage" post, just pointing out Blizzards [very easy] ability to exploit their customers for profit. (Note: I have never bought any item from the RMAH so please no "you're fault!" replies that's not the point. Using the ATK SPD nerf only as an example.) So, you spent $100 (or $2..etc.) of real money to purchase that awesome attack speed weapon now Blizzard nerfed it making your $100 "investment" worthless. What soon followed was hundreds of thousands of complaints with Blizzard simply referring to their EULA with no compensation to you or anyone else. - Time passes and Blizzard eventually loses much of their player base due to mounds of fail from their D3 product. By this time players have now migrated to purchasing other "Top Tier" gear for real money. Blizzard needs money. Blizzard finds out what the most sought after items are which are purchased for real money and decides to nerf them to insure "quality services" or "server stability." What soon follows is hundreds of thousands of complaints with Blizzard simply referring to their EULA with no compensation to you or anyone else. Eventually, players have now migrated to purchasing other "Top Tier" gear for real. Also with time passing Blizzard eventually loses more of their player base due to mounds of fail from their D3 product... Blizzard needs money again.. -------- ... Discuss:Thenebrosity0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Witch Doctor becoming useless?? The nerf of IAS is going to destroy the WD even more than they already were. The splinters build was one of very few builds that was effective for us in inferno. the majority of our spells and our pets are completely useless in inferno. Now the MF nerf completely screws me for the unicorn level... With 300% MF I would find one yellow in all the clouds and treasure chests (without a pinata, 2 with a pinata) after clearing it. This is becoming a joke.DarthObama11 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Achievement Rewards? So in the patch notes it mentions something like "in game achievements did not give players rewards"... ok... so are they giving rewards now or whats the deal?Xombie0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 The poor get poorer, rich get richer? I don't understand this; "Legendary items with the +Attack Speed bonus will now correctly provide a bonus to attack speed. Please note that this fix will only affect new Legendary drops. Existing Legendary items will be addressed in future patch." Does that mean that the BUGGED legendary items with the "increases attack speed by x" items will be fixed? Or does "Please note that this fix will only affect new Legendary drops" mean that IAS on current and EXISTING legendaries remains unchanged? If that applies here, then please continue reading, if not this thread is moot. Before reading, please realize I don't care about other people's gear since it has no affect on me, however I fail to see the logic in Blizzard's thinking. Ranged mostly used broken skills/runes and exploits to get rich and have A3/4 on farm status. Melee was broken, couldn't farm A3/4 unless you had 20+ mil in gear. Noobs like myself who were excited about the Monk/Barb class were not aware of that oversight, so once realized.. lots of people rolled range and stacked IAS as a result; to be able to farm A3/A4 since they couldn't afford the melee/all res gear. IAS took a 50% nerf (a little overboard, but I understand) on ALL items except for existing legendaries? So the people who can afford the 20+m gear get to keep their IAS and DPS output? Andy's Visage? Lacuni Prowlers? Etc? So they'll keep putting out billions of DPS while the people who were trying to farm and paid out the butt for rares/blues with IAS are really taking the hit here. You promise in the notes to address existing legendaries in a future patch, but when? Why not this patch? Why not just delay it another week or 2, until the end of the month anyway? Once again, don't really care too much since other people's play/gear does not affect me at all, but it just seems a little unfair to me. Makes me believe they maybe don't think everything through.CEYZILLA2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Aucton house confusion? Is there a way that I can tell the difference between pre patch and post patch items on the auction house? From patch notes: Legendary items with the +Attack Speed bonus will now correctly provide a bonus to attack speed Please note that this fix will only affect new Legendary drops. Existing Legendary items will be addressed in future patch Just wondering...Phobos3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 1.7 million gold back for my Staff of Herding I would like to request my 1.7 million gold back from my staff of herding (Inferno). Seeing as nothing but the rare mobs will drop what I am there for, I do think that my gold was wasted on the staff. You changed the rules, ok. That is your right. Though I bought the staff to be able to farm the level, and now its not feasible, so now knowing that its not a worth while investment, I would like a refund on my staff. Seems fair.MadHatterX3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why is Diablo III broken? Battle net down, so of course you can't play a game. On your own computer. YOU BOUGHT THE GAME, YOU LOADED IT ON YOUR COMPUTER, WHY oh WHY should a planned IT breakage in Cali stop me from playing a local game that I OWN, on my Computer?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????MSGGrumpy0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Disappointed in Blizzards communication After seeing blue posts about wanting to keep the community informed and the lines of communication open, letting the player base know of changes upcoming instead of silent nerfs and hotfixes without telling people, causing mass HC deaths, and frustration amongst players. The Reddit AMAA touched base on a lot of various changes that presented hopefulness for many players, one of the biggest things being the change for playing with multiple players and reducing the damage and health bonuses on mobs for more players being in the game. Reading over the patch notes this was not addressed, there was mentioned of seemingly a flat difficulty reduction in A2-4. Some of the things that really seem to have caught players off guard, and I would have expected to see something about this before hand explaining the Nether Tentacles "bug fix" prior to this patch. This has been a big FOTM build for many DH's, which has now been reduced to nothing. I don't play a DH, but feel bad for many people that bought gear for this spec exclusively, especially using the RMAH. More enrage timers on bosses, I do know that it was brought up in the Reddit AMA, that Enrage timers were something that are extremely frowned upon by the player base, especially those that were Diablo 2 veterans. I feel especially bad for HC players, who can't take the risk of hoping for a dodge or eating attacks as willingly as a SC player. They rely on having to kite, and DPS when they can. This can lead to some very long fights, and putting caps on these fights for Bosses seems... not as well thought out. Retroactively not fixing broken IAS / ASI items. This seems ludicrous to have made it in to retail, and then the first major bug-fix patch to not include this. I can appreciate a complicated design of Diablo and how making changes to this magnitude can be difficult, but this seems like it should have been a major priority. Given your notes that 1.0.3 was supposed to be released sometime in June, I would have waited an extra week if it would have meant that this would be fixed. ... A lot of people will complain about this, but I understand that this is to combat bots that will consistently farm objects for items. There needs to be a better way than this to remove their effectiveness for bots without affecting players. If I am running through farming inferno, clearing mobs and see a bunch of pots, I will break them for that hope of finding an item (which I have found a legendary or two from), which Jay at one point even said that you can find the best item in the game from a destructible object (loose paraphrasing). This has completely removed that aspect of the game for the average player, in an attempt to stop botting, or its effectiveness. I would have expected something more from the development team to reduce their effectiveness without hurting the average player. These are the major things with the release of today's patch notes that I think were not that well thought out, or the communication was lacking. In all fairness, I understand that patch notes are meant to be brief, and that possibly opening up a discussion from the Dev team or a CM addressing many of the complaints from people would help. Clearly speaking as to why something was done and some of the testing done for how it would work now would help put minds at ease instead of being annoyed/angry for the brief and summed up patch notes.Mfx1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Are item drops really this bad.. I have close now to 350 hours logged. Real statistics: - Opened close to 1700 chests (cant get exact number since game is down) - 112,000 lifetime kills - 10,000+ elite kills (this number could be lower, i honestly cant remember, I think the achievement I have is Half way between Elitist Jerks and the next one) - I've picked up 10,100,000 gold (Have spoils of war) - Been playing Act2/3 inferno for about 3 weeks with 240 MF (with 5 NV stacks) And I've yet to have a set item drop. And I've only had 3 legendarys. ??? Should i report this or is this really what's going down.. I have friends that can get 3/4 set items in 1 run..TORR3SX42 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Suggestion which forum does suggestion belongs to? anyway, there are few things I would like to ask/suggest about D3 1. pingable minimap 2. larger chatbox (or smaller fonts) 3. editable forum avatarsHeichalot0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Legendaries are NOT getting changed in 1.03?? This change should not be confused with the Legendary buffs coming in a future patch (not 1.0.3), and those buffs, as previously mentioned, will not be retroactive. So Bashio dropped that 1.03 will not actually update legendaries when reminding us about the IAS nerf. So more nerfs and pushing back more stuff promised in 1.03...anything else getting pushed back?Raz0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 man.. who the hell is bashiok? i saw the krip guy beating inferno diablo on HC mode, but who the hell is this bashiok guy that everyone's talking about?HellGay1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Revenge skill indicator (suggestion) I really like the Revenge skill for the Barbarian; however, given that it only has a 15% chance of being enabled upon being hit, I find myself constantly watching the icon bar instead my character during fights. I'd like to suggest some kind of visual indicator that appears over the character when Revenge becomes enabled. Perhaps some kind of brief halo or ping sound, etc. Just a thought. =)Oddity7 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Weapon IAS nerf - does this make sense anyone ?? Been trying to figure out how exactly IAS on weapons was overpowered besides a giant kick in the balls for everyone that paid 10+ million for a high dps weapon that happened to have an IAS roll to achieve that. Were there too many good weapons on the AH? Prices too low for a top tier weapon? Most nonsensical bone headed decision I've seen in a while. Yeah, people knew IAS on gear was being nerfed but I honestly don't know a single person that expected them to take the weapons, which 99/100 have dps so low you vendor them immediately and are nerfing one of the 3 dmg modifiers and in the process screwing over a lot of people's current weapon. Makes absolutely no sense to me.Tom3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Followers Is there a way to remake a follower or change their skills?Dael0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Nerf.03 Spanks a lot more than IAS Read it and weep. http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/227302-patch-103-now-live/ The only bumps occur with the worthless Artisans. Yeah.. Elites drop one more yellow (IF you have 5 stacks of Valor). Lots of skill nerfs for everyone and vases, urns, chests, racks, ect. have been watered down to the point of why bother. Balance my eye.. The operation is being performed with a melon baller. ...It's killing the patient.Daddums19 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Three lvl60 chars, WD desperatly needs a buff Hey guys. Ive now leveled 3 different characters that I have played Inferno with, so I believe my criticism holds much truth to it from experiencing WD compared to other classes. I wanted a WD as my main, and when I reached Act2 Inferno I tried alot of builds and different gear setups. In the end I thought it was just me who sucked. However Ive leveled both a DH and a Wiz to 60 and doing Inferno, and the game was a whole different experience. Im now on act 3 with my DH. To the matter at hand. Witch doctor is seriously underpowered and needs saving. Sure, we have alot of CCs - but the demon hunters smoke screen is alone more powerful than all of the witch doctors CC and only takes one skill slot. The problem with witch doctor is that in inferno you need reliable CC and mobility. As a caster the WD has the following tools at hand. I will list them and suggest what to do and say whats wrong with them. SPIRIT WALK This is WDs equalent of smoke screen kinda, as it breaks any CC and grants invulnerability. WHY ON SANCTUARY DOES THIS SKILL HAVE A COOLDOWN? It will save you once every 15 (13 with spirit vessel) seconds. The reason smoke screen is good is because it cost resource not time. Suggestion: Make spirit walk only cost mana instead, or grant a rune to make it so. This or lower the CD by atleast 5 seconds minimum. PETS Sorry to say Blizzard, but you really failed monumentally when it comes to pets. Choosing two entire skill slots for pets as CC through tanking is atm entirely useless on Inferno. Even people that go shield+stack str/resist all have their pets one shotted by everything. Suggestion: WD pets needs to benefit from your vitality and needs to be scaled higher for inferno. The cooldowns also need to be lowered. CONFUSION Strong ability, but way to long CD makes this skill unreliable for Inferno. Suggestion: Lower the CD or remove it completely and increase the mana cost. HORRIFY It has a pretty long CD and is also very unreliable. Inferno elites break so fast that its pretty weak. GRASP This is a good CC, but in Inferno elites move fast. And grasp will not save you from jailor/vortex/fast/mortar etc. Its also a very small area. Suggestion: For once we have a CC that is halfway useful when it comes to spam ability. But it is way to situational. We need a rune that doubles the area affected. Im not sure what more to do with this one. There are more but the core problem is pretty obvious. The WD has QUANTITY of CC but not QUALITY. Please explain how Demon hunter can have ONE ability (Smoke screen) that is alone better than a WD having 2-3 similar escape/cc abilities? Also the problem here is NOT that the DH or Wizard is overpowered and need nerfing. These classes are perfectly FINE. The problem is that the WD is to weak. Progamer streams like for example Kungen - they make fun of WD for being useless. Kungen even said the classes are all kinda balanced - adding that the exception is WD and that one has to be crazy to play the class. And after having played 3 classes at Inferno atm I have to agree. Witch doctor was the class I was looking forward to the most. And I thought something was wrong when I got to Inferno and saw that using 4 cc skills got me murdered like nothing. Gargantuan + Zombie dogs to tank, grasp to CC and confusion/horrify was my choices. WZ and DH can get away 10 times easier with only two escape/cc mechanics. I really hope you guys are aware of how horrible WD is atm. I believe myself that the salvation of the class is to lower the CD of spirit walk or remove it completely and increase mana cost - and buffing the damn pets. Blizzard always seem to fail hard at balancing pet classes (No offense) and honestly I thought you had learned by now. I would really appreciate an official answer as twitter questions both to Jay Wilson and Diablo 3 has been evaded and ignored. Please do something about the WD - and fast. Atm our follower NPCs have the WD as a sidekick, not the other way around.Ouroboros80 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 How Does MF/GF Work in General? Question for the community if they know it (or a Blue but I know they are busy)? I'm pretty sure I understand how MF/GF gear works on creatures (including elite packs and bosses) that upon their death there is a random number generator (RNG) that gets some sort of algorithm applied to it and the higher the MF/GF, the greater the chances for "more" results. This is by no means a guarantee though. I also know that with 1.0.3 (or some future patch) they will tweak this to be a little more generous with Elite/Rare packs as it already is with bosses. Now my real question is how does it work with treasure chests or lootable containers beyond just barrels and vases? Here is why I ask - before opening a chest I will switch to the MF gear that I have on my char, but I have a feeling that does not matter. I thought I read somewhere that the spawns of these items is when the MF/GF check is done so the loot RNG and your boost is already done no matter what gear you have on when you open the chest. But I also see other posts where people are talking about the opening lag and how its crunching numbers at that moment. I can't seem to find the earlier post that was describing this so I'm just inquiring with the community. We are still a community right... not just a bunch of haters?!?jocool692 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Siegebreaker: Gains reflect damage on Inferno Is this for real? And he enrages after 4 minutes? So am I supposed to spend 50m to get 1k life on hit on my wizard now? Not sure if serious.Ridicurous0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Maintenance Downtime Your maintenance downtime is more than my play time!!! It ridiculous if you have to take down your servers every other day in spite of being the forerunners of MMORPGs... shame on you. I am just sick of seeing "scheduled maintenance today the game will be down" message every other day. After nearly 60 hours of game play, I am still trying to find one item that might be rewarding, between your downtime and lack of rewarding items on the game i might give up playing it altogether.SuDi0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Will Diablo 3 get different forum avatars? Will we ever get more then 1 D3 forum avatar? The Starcraft 2 people get a ton of forum avatar choices based on what achievements they have done. The World of Warcraft people get to pick a character (complete with achievement point tally) as their forum avatar. The Diablo 3 people? One forum avatar. The same one from beta. No choice at all. My point? The other 2 main Blizzard games listed above get very nice achievement rewards. Cosmetic but they can be shown off. (You can show off the pets/mounts/titles from WoW achievements). But Diablo 3 only gets banner patterns/sigils for a banner people hardly ever see. I feel there needs to be more options for the Diablo 3 forum avatar. Base it on achievements like SC2 or your characters (with account achievement total) like WoW. Either way works, but something needs to be done. Cause at the current point in time. The D3 choice of avatar is very dull at best. Pick the one there is and like it, or buy SC2/WoW to get a different one.the8thark1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What are barrels for? Ran through act 4 last night just for kicks smashing all the vases I came across. After killing diablo it dawned on me: what is the point of even having the vases to smash? Other than barbs for resource, there is nothing. No gold or items spilled out. Is this normal? Am I being punished for someone else using a mechanic the devs put into the game? If so, could I get a reason behind this? There are so many of them, I find it odd that they would be there just to break.PenguinAce2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Riddle me this! Hello people how we doing today, Great good, so now that the formalities are out of the way I'd just like to say I've been with diablo, and blizzard for the matter, since the very beginning and I've never felt the need to complain until now. Now before I go into the meat and potatoes of why I'm posting let me first say that I actually agree with the difficulty (bang head against wall difficulty)of inferno and the fact that elite players aren't all wearing the exact same gear as each other and yes I even agree with the always online aspect, because let's face it hackers ruined diablo 2. With that being said, I am seriously wondering how the hell my DH is supposed to handle inferno with this IAS nerf. Let's face it, you could go full barbarian (i have a lvl 60 inferno barb) gear with 750+ resist(resist doesnt matter to DH to those of you who player other classes), 10K+ armor, and 40K plus health and get 1 shotted by 1 fallens.. But being realistic and sticking to this whole play the game as you're supposed too, I load my DH up with DPS, dex, plus crit, plus crit dmg, and of course (the backbone of DH dmg) IAS!! I'm sure some of u read that last part are thinking to yourself that IAS isnt the backbone of DH dmg..and on the sheet you may be right BUT take into consideration that everything 1 shots you in inferno and you spend about 90% of your time running that IAS turns from a simple damage modifier to a % of how long you will survive... Now I'm sure there are a million players of other classes who are sitting there reading thing and thinking.. DH have to much DPS anyway.. To which I say Dh are the GLASS CLANNON class.. With all that being said... It appears we're down to my conclusion.. I made this thread not to stir the pot of $h@# or to arbitarially complain but to actually ask other DHs, players(dont comment if you dont know the first thing about DH)(Also dont comment if you're a melee class that's pissed about DH dps), and even the blizzard staff this question.. If I play my DH like I'm supposed to, I'm geared relativelty well, and I am a VERY VERY experience player.. Just how the F are us DH's supposed to survive.. I mean come on act 2 is already pretty much a death sentance already and it would seem from act 2 on that if the wind blows the wrong way we die.. I know we do massive amount of damage but that doesnt mean we 1 shot champs like alot of people would like to believe we should.. And I haven't even mentioned the increased repair cost.. So really wtf.. Real talk honest question.Justin0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 When is PvP coming ???? I would like to have some information about the PvP, is it coming soon? how it's going to work ??Captain0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Was act 3/4 loot buffed, or still the same? It doesn't tell us what their previous % values were. Inferno - Act III and Act IV iLvl 61: 24.1% iLvl 62: 16.1% iLvl 63: 8.0%Escape4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 FIX SHARPSHOOTER I understand it should reset when you EQUIP something but i missed the tool-tip that says ....SHARPSHOOTER RESETS WHEN YOU LOOT, MOVE SOMETHING AROUND IN YOUR BAGS AND O YEAH WHEN YOU CRIT.Prophet0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Now this was too much.... ''•High-end items (items level 61-63) will now drop in all Acts of Inferno and Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty'' Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty III IV HellSpaceBound1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What's the Point of Whimsyshire/Ponies? We are required to spend approximately 2 million gold plus a few hours of farming to get the material, to open a portal to a place that provides no added benefits that you could get from just running act 3 and 4. Before, the investment was worth it, due to all the clouds/chests. Now that mf no longer affects them, why waste all that time and gold? Am I missing something here?ZarakiToguro3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Bashiok... I LOVE YOU! You are my hero, don't ever change. Sometimes people deserve a lot worse, but honestly, you have my respect. I didn't like you when you first posted about Real ID on the forums. In fact, I hated you quite frankly. But then Blizzard noticed how much the community was in an uproar. The decision was overturned. You have a lot more patience and self discipline than anyone I have ever seen. In short, I adore you.Drothvader1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 This story is what you should expect from... a society that thinks books such as Harry Potter / Hunger Games, etc are great. One day we can get characters that are detailed like Roland Deschain, or Sussanah Dean or even Calvin Tower ( my favorite is Jake Chambers ). Look at Rockstar, they have Dan Houser, that man can create real emotion for our anti-hero Max Payne. Blizzard has never had good writers, they most likely never will since none of their games are good platforms for telling a story honestly. RTS and Isometric RPG games are horrid for absorbing a player into the world, it just doesn't work very well. The reality here, and Jay... you and your goon squad can blow pink smoke into each others faces all day if you want. but when you get done with your pixie dust HIGH, feel free to see what we all see, and that is a sub-par bubblegum wrapper story.Aluo0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 most interesting change Champions, Rares, and Uniques have had their pathing improved this must suck for ranged :) . No more getting stuck in walls for mobs and getting free hits for range. People always over look the little things.turbomanic0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Current fastest way to level? Got two 60's currently, since 1.03 isn't out, I was wondering what the fastest way to level is, (anything that isn't a complete exploit) I don't really feel like running the entire game completely a third time. IE: Act 4 clearing over and over, or what? Anyone know what the fastest thing right now is?Blood17 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 So they are fixing LoK + Hydra in 1.03 I just found out about it last night and now they are nerfing it lol. I cannot say I did not expect it though! What I can say is that using it last night really opened my eyes to the fact that I need to build in some way to seriously replenish life into my build. So with that in mind, I guess I'm looking at Life on Hit? What I noticed on life on kill was that the best way to get the stat seemed to be on weapons, as I was finding some weapons with a LoK of 3.5k or so where rings/amus only had around 300 or so max. Is this the same situation for LoH? Is it considered wise to buy a weapon with respectable LoH rather then trying to rings/amus if that's the route you want to go? Also, are the values on LoH high enough that it's really viable to go for? Any thoughts? I really am not looking forward to going back to the 'don't get hit' style of play!infidale2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 just another bitter rant At over 700$ invested in upgrading my pc and purchasing D3, I feel I'm entitled to one full blown rant. Diablo 3 has done some incredible things for me, chief among these being providing a social connection with friends I otherwise wouldnt connect with often. It has also rekindled a love of the action rpg genre that had dwindled with the onset of age and responsibility. So, before I freak out, thank you to blizzard and the D3 staff. That, however is where the thanks end. Those two things would have happened by default with the release of anything titled "Diablo 3" as my friends and I have been waiting over a decade to see that black box with red text on the shelves. You knew that a huge portion of your sales would come from chumps like us and it seems that you have cashed in on it. The rekindled love of the genre is actually a testament to what a terrible product you have made. In the past, a blizzard release was all I needed to get my fix and I really didnt explore other titles very much. Diablo 3 and its failings has forced me to explore other outlets for gaming and Ive found some great substitutes to appease my gaming habit. The first issue I want to come off the rails about is the notion that the casual gamer is even a consideration to you. This is, at face value, illogical and untrue. If you, battle.net and blizzard, were actually concerned about involving the casual gamer you wouldnt have released a game with so many bugs, so much patching needed and so little support available. That is of course granting you the wildly generous notion that the "casual" gamer owned a computer capable of running the monster of a game you released. It looks great, and I still get stoked when I see enemies climbing up the walls, but its insulting to the intelegence of your fan base to credit any of your decisions to be based around a person who has never played a diablo title before or who isnt at least moderately serious about gaming. Next in my rant, difficulty and drops. While it seems that most comments on the board have addressed exactly this topic I, oddly enough, actually dont mind low drop rates for legendary items. What I do mind is the disparity in difficulty level and effectiveness of items dropped. If I farm the butcher for 6 hours, shouldnt I get something for my effort other than gold to purchase something that someone else was lucky enough to find? Essentially youve created an in game economy for fiends. I will beat your game, and I will jump through these hoops. The same way that most of the other frustrated fans will. Its just tragic that a company Ive supported and championed for over 13 years would behave in a manner so unconcerned with the expectations of its users. Lastly, and this was touched on but not responded to properly in the blog, its disturbing to see knee jerk reactions in the buff/nerf patches being implemented. You are adults, and you have to know that most of the people playing this game are adults, and to us this is nonsense. We, those of us who have upgraded gaming systems and spent time and money on this game, expect a vision and plan to the updates and hotfixes. Especially considering the decade plus it took for the release of this game, the community of players are more than justified in being upset at the downtime and bugs, especially when the end result is bogus. Get it together. Listen to some of the negative feedback to ensure positive feedback in the future. If 95% of the posts on the boards are saying that the story line is weak, respond to them with your plans to address this. If the boards are full of people saying that elemental modifiers on weapons or IAS needs attention or to be left alone, respond to them with your reasoning. Address the gameplay issues. In short, earn the money and support we've given you or close up shop and avoid the embarrasment of releasing a new title to an audience that has moved on completely. I know this will get responded to as troll or get some lols from people, but it was helpful to me to write it out and now I can let it go and try to enjoy the challengess inferno presents. Ive owned, played, and beaten every blizzard title except for SC2 and WoW (which I have played to level 60 but quit at the release of D3). I know this doesnt entitle me to my frustration, or to submit you to it, but what are message boards for if not criticism? :) If I could get a refund for simply being bummed out, I would.zoroaster0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 The Real Diablo 3 I wish this game wasn't so disappointing. I hoping Torchlight 2 (which I think will be the real Diablo 3) comes out soon ! The only thing I'm not a fan of is the cartoony graphics, however, after the castastrophic path D3 is taking I just may overlook them and adapt.... I mean in all honesty after 30mins of the BETA I almost didn't notice the graphics anymore.Nylis2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 The Single Player Support Thread! I think it needs to be said and it needs to be said often. There should be a single player option, offline. I'm not going to sit here and beg for TCP/IP back (although that would be awesome too) or an open battlenet, but good lord can we please just play by ourselves every once in a while and not have to deal with this stupid downtime every week? I'm afraid I draw the line when a single player game has MMO problems. I did not pay Blizzard for a MMO, I paid for a single player (occasionally coop) game. Just make sure that we can't transfer items and characters from offline to online, just like it used to be in Diablo 1 and 2! And just so anyone reading this knows I feel like a post similar to this should be on the front page at all times. We really should continue to be angry about this always online DRM. It's messed up in a lot of ways.Shn0ckers0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Nerfs. Just posted a thread which could prevent any further nerfs, but blizzard deleted it within minutes. This shows that they are afraid people will know what to do to prevent nerfs which will screw their RMAH profits.holyshid0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 patch 1.xx....... Patch 1.03 destructible object no longer drops items or gold ( why dont you make gold no longer drops and go tell your consumer/customer go buy on RMAH) chest no longer affected by Magic Find (remove the that chest replace it with champion) weapon rack no longer drops weapon (blizzard why dont you make weapon racks drops armor) and nerf everything else. near future patch 1.xx weapons and armor no longer drops go buy your items in RMAH. that would be awesome.Devilswing0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Jay Wilson Quote from Diablowiki "I can't think of anything that makes me happier than watching people play a game I made and have fun. People bring a lot of things to the world and some are good and some are bad, but I can't think of anything you could bring to the world that's better than fun. And that's why I like to make games." Jay Wilson must be a really sad panda right now D:Frusciante1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 NEW BREAKABLE CONCEPT So since they are nerfing breakables, how about this idea? Instead of only dropping a little gold sometimes, maybe they should have a small chance to spawn an elite monster or even a treasure goblin that was trying to hide from you. It would stop the botters since the elites would just pwn them outright and the goblin would run run run away. This would also give a suprise feeling to breakables and heck, mid fight accidentally spawning one of these would make things really interesting wouldn't it?Lysol5 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 McDiablo Disclaimer: This isn't a "hate" thread, it's just meant to poke fun at the big issues that people have been complaining about on the forums and such. It mirrors a similar idea from the World of Warcraft forums from WAY back in the day. I enjoy the game, and while it does have some frustrating moments, I still think that overall it is a fun game to play. If Blizzard has a problem with this post in any way, by all means, delete this thread, with my sincere apologies. That being said, on with the satire! **Customer walks into McDiablo** Employee: Greetings, sir, and welcome to McDiablo! May I see your authenticator? Customer: Authenti-wazzit? Employee: Oh, it's a free and highly recommended app for your smartphone! Customer: I don't have a smartphone, though. Employee: That's okay, we sell them here! You don't NEED one, but it's highly recommended you get it. Customer: What if I don't want it? What if I just want to come in and place my order and be done with it? Employee: It's up to you, but don't complain if someone steals your food. Customer: Whatever. I'll have a Hell Burger and Inferno Fries, please. Employee: Sure! Coming right up! **Employee stands there, motionless for a few moments** Customer: ...are you going to get them? **Employee continues to stand there motionless** Customer: Any time you're ready... Employee: Sorry about that, sir! Just a small lag spike! Just be glad you weren't in our "Hardcore" line-up, reserved specifically for those starving to death. You would have been dead by now! Customer: Well, I can understand the odd little hiccup. Employee: Hiccup! That's hilarious, sir! We at McDiablo have a great sense of humour! It's one of our defining aspects! Customer: Oh, like how Valveburger puts little jokes and thi... Employee: Please keep the conversation related to McDiablo, sir. Customer: ... Employee: I forgot to mention, your meal comes with a drink! Customer: What drinks do you have? Employee: We have Range-cola, which will keep you hydrated, refreshed, and cool! We also have Melee-Up. It tastes horrible and doesn't compare well to Range-cola whatsoever. Customer: Why would anyone want Melee-Up, then? Employee: Oh, it'll taste better eventually. It'll just take a few months for the aftertaste to kick in. Customer: I think I'll stick with the Range-Cola for now. Employee: You can go fill up your cup yourself at the Act III Drink Filling Station. Customer: How do I get over there? There are so many dead bodies in the way! Employee: Yeah, people just can't seem to get past the Act II Drink Filling station for some reason. But I assure you, we've tested it several times, and find no problems between here and there. **Customer walks over to the Act III Drink Filling Station** Customer: Something's wrong, my cup won't fill up. Employee: Oh, I see the problem. Your cup isn't on the approved cups list. Customer: Approved cups list? But this is my only cup! Employee: Well, you can either fill it up only a little bit, and sip through a broken straw, or go and buy yourself a new cup. Customer: I'm here now, there's no way I'm going back past the Act II Drink Filling Station. Employee: You have to come back here anyway to pay. See those hinges on the floor? It's so it'll slope back towards the counter. Customer: What on Earth would you do that for? Employee: So you can roll back here, of course. Customer: Fine, go ahead. Roll me back. Employee: Are you sure you want to do that? We can only roll you back here a limited number of times. Customer: Why is that? Can't you just pull the lever that controls the floor again? Employee: By walking into the restaurant, you agreed to all the terms and conditions that we've put forth. That means we control how often, if ever, we decide to roll you back here. Customer: Fair enough, do it. **Customer rolls back to the counter** Employee: I forgot to mention, your meal comes with a drink! Customer: NO DRINKS. Employee: Whatever you'd like, sir! Your meal comes to $60. How will you be paying for that today? Customer: Well, I have $60 in my pocket here. Employee: Oh, sorry, we don't accept Real Money quite yet. Customer: But the big sign at the front door says you do! Employee: Yes, but the register isn't ready for it yet. You can try again in a minute, though! Customer: Alright, I'll wait. **Customer waits a minute** Customer: Okay, can I pay with my Real Money now? Employee: Sorry, it's still not ready yet. The expected date for Real Money to be accepted is three weeks from Thursday. Customer: Fine, I'll give you this gold watch for now. I'll probably just sell my leftovers for Real Money and buy back my watch from someone, anyhow. Employee: Perfect, sir! Thank you for choosing McDiablo! You can go sit over with that large group of people! Customer: But I just wanted to sit and enjoy a meal by myself. I don't want to have to deal with all those people talking. I’ll have to eat my food slowly, since there’s not enough room for so many people at just the one table! Employee: We never said you didn't have to eat alone. You can eat alone all you want! As long as you do it with all those other people. Customer: ...but that doesn't make...whatever... Employee: Oh, and you'll have to leave now, as well. Customer: Leave? But I just got my food! Employee: We're doing some scheduled cleaning of the restaurant now. See? I'm just putting up this notice of our scheduled cleaning. Customer: If you're just putting it up now, how can it be scheduled? Empolyee: It is scheduled. See the sign I just put up just now? Customer: How does...WHOA! **Customer gets thrown out of McDiablo** **Customer looks around at everyone else who has been thrown out of McDiablo** Customer: Does anyone know when it will be open again? Customer 2: It depends. Did you get that authenticator? Edited for formatting...againGavald56 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Legendary equipment with buggy IAS not fixed? ... They only fixed new legendary drops, but ignore the old legendary drops with buggy attack speed. They can change the attack speed of all item but refuse to address the issue of buggy attack speed problem with some old legendary equipments. Well done, blizzard! Good job! Source : http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/227302-patch-103-now-live/Cheers0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Reason why I picked MALE DH so.. first of fall, I wanna tell you all that I HATE MALE DH, Andariel looks so ugly and stuff ugh.. but lemme tell you WHY I started to play male DH. I was too excited and made a mistake. on May 15th, got the game, downloaded then jizzed in my pants once, opened the game, jizzed one more time then started to play DH without even noticing what the hell I was doing. 3 days, I was 60 then oh no... it's a male.. I realized So, PLEASE, make a feature of the game that could change the hero's sexes!HellGay0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 beta? seriously i have played beta games that are down less than this... why cant we have a single player game, or even activate a cheat server where we can all run around and pvp while you all take the next 8 hours to decide what you should have been doing the past..how many years? im sorry i have a job, i have a family and 50% of the time i have tried to log in the past 2 weeks the server has been down for hours at a time. honestly 2 hours of play in the last 2 weeks. what is so hard about fixing a ghost server while we play, kick us off load said ghost server and we log back in moments later with the fixes... i just dont get it.NiKoN0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Game are for fun and to destress... think they have made this game no fun and stressful to play seriously i have never saw and game with a single patch with sooo many negative feedback ever before, and seriously i mean ever!!XQuilet1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Launcher crashes "error" is anyone else getting this error when trying to open Diablo 3 : (im US servers) Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Diablo III.exe Application Version: 1.0.2.9991 Application Timestamp: 4fd1004a Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00022272 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: c2a8 Additional Information 2: c2a8c718731fef45c93d04acf896c02f Additional Information 3: 0f28 Additional Information 4: 0f286488ac4b9cb02fc9118225355f17 Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txtSaSuKe1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why so dramatic changes? Why does blizzard implement so dramatic changes in a single patch? I feel like they are making experiments/tests on their users. 6x for repairs? It could have been 2x this time and next time another 2x and so on. Same for attack speed (50% reduction in one single patch???). Also for MF they could have started to make it less important for chests and objects until they would eventually completely remove it over 3-5 patches, but no they decided to make such big changes in one single patch. In conclusion I feel that Diablo 3 (and blizzard) is becoming a very very unpredictable game/company.Wizard0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Please explain why these changes are bad? 1. Nerf IAS - It was insanely overpowered and deserved to be nerfed. 2. Lowered dmg output in A2-4 inferno. - Nerfed IAS isn't nearly as big of a deal now that you're not taking as much damage. can someone explain 1 reason why these are bad changes? Other than you investing in IAS gear when it's been completely clear and obvious that they would be nerfing it for multiple weeks now.Ulysses49 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 2 reasons why an expansion is urgent 1st - Adria: Really? Is she just going to get away with murder? I really wana go after that double crossing witch (the other word is not allowed on the forums but it rimes with witch). 2nd - Imperious: I'm still waiting for that apollogy.Rod4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 out DH, in Wiz that is allGunner0 Jun 19, 2012