General Discussion

Jun 14, 2012 an adventure... Worf: Captain we are being probed. Riker: What is the source of the probe? Worf: A ship. It is on an intercept course. Picard: On screen, magnify. (on the screen there is a vessel shaped like a cube) Picard: Hailing frequencies. Worf: Open Picard: This is Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise. Worf: No response captain. Picard: Shields up. Go to yellow alert. Worf: Captain we are being hailed. Picard: On screen. This is Jean-Luc Picard of Servers: We have analysed your processor capabilities as being unable to withstand us if you run a bot you will be punished. Worf: Captain the servers have locked on to us with some form of tractor beam. It is draining our shields sir. Riker: If they pull down our shields we're helpless. Picard: Warp eight any direction, ENGAGE. Wesley: Tractor is holding sir. PICARD: Locate the exact source of the tractor beam. Lock on phasers. WORF: Phasers locked on target. PICARD: Fire. WORF: They still have us. WORF: A type of laser beam is slicing into the saucer section. RIKER: They're carving us up like a roast. PICARD: With whatever force necessary, terminate that beam. Fire when ready. Worf: Firing Worf: Captain they're powering weapons our shields are down we can't afford another hit. Worf: Captain..their weapons are powering down. Their tractor is offline Riker: What are they up to? Worf: Incoming hail captain. Servers: "We will be performing maintenance on Wednesday, June 13th. Maintenance will begin at 11:00 PM PDT and conclude at approximately 1:00 AM PDT. During this time, servers and many web services will be unavailable. Thank you for your patience."Khallaria0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 3 System Updates In A Row ? So whats the go Blizzard ? finding more ways to destroy farming spots ? adding more useless patches ? deciding about putting your game back in Beta ?Conphetty3 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 If you are bored just close your eyes and imagine you are killing a treasure goblin, but nothing ever drops... you can make a clicking motion with your hand too for 100% realismSplatmaster1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Front page troll by Blizz? ... HAHAHA that's cute. The joke about lucky drops. During a period of extreme frustration among players. How much do you want to bet that was written by some marketing employee who read a paragraph about how Diablo 3 loot works and then wrote this. Has Blizzard become so shameless that they will troll us... WHILE trying to sell us something, no less. lmaoMorbidheresy1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Diablo 3 reviews....These are wrong IGN 9.5/10 Gamespy 4/5 Gamespot 8.5/10 G4tv 4.5/5 I think these reviews were by someone who played the game for 15 minutes. Amazon customer reviews has it at 2.5/5 I agree with that.Kaj2 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Farming inferno! Hi, I was wondering if farming act 3/4 inferno was better or inferno pony? anyone? Thanks!Carrot030 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 we become so dependent on the ah b/c good gear dont usually drop for us.... legendary's drop once in a blue moon.... set pieces drop once in a blue moon... its not like d2 where everybody can farm the whole game's epics and set pieces and have gear readily available... the truly lucky and the people who knew where to farm had the best gears in the game. for d3....your whole stash is all rares and if you're lucky u got a few legendarys/or sets to dropdualangel2 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Diablo 3 memes. Post your best memes here.... GO! http://i49.tinypic.com/fof9rc.jpgIcankillmeph1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Negative Profits from RMAH!!! So... I sold a item for $00.50 cents and blizzard charged me $1.00 to sell that item which gave me a return of -$00.50 cents (negative) That was then transfered to paypal which I was charged an extra 8 cents ( 15% transfer fee ). So basically... I payed blizzard $00.57 cents to have paypal take $00.50 cents away from me for selling on RHAM....? *Scratchs head*Malicious4 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Real Money Auction House I cant select a currency for the Real Money Auction House and yes i'm playing on The AmericasJoqool0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 act 2 inferno... WTF RIGHT?! i am not having fun lolKimchiMurda1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 I spent $10,000 and I still cant get my Barb past Act II.Iconoclast2 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Can you Withdraw money you make from RMAH?? if you sell items lets say for $200, and then you want to get a check or send the money to your bank account, can you do that or you can only use that money to buy stuff in the game ?KiLLaWeeZy1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 I paid 60 bucks to sit in general more than the actual game itself. And im not even that mad about itGeorgiano0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Make the goblins hit back!!! Please? Even women THWACK people with purses (It hurts), and ffs the gobs got gold and weapons in there. On the plus side, who wouldn't love to see a video of a "Reckless Goblin" pelting someone for 100k. (The little half zombie dudes hit harder than that) SOMEONE THINK OF THE GOBLINS. *edit - Not to say women are defenseless, just that sack resembles a purse... or maybe santa's present sack... who knows. NO OFFENSE, please dont thwack me.Ridonkulous41 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Checkpoints Normally I am not one to create threads, but this issue has started to really annoy me. I am attempting to get through The Barracks in Act 3 on Inferno and maintain my (currently) 3 stacks of NV. However, the random instance this time is enormous, and whenever I die I end up back at the entrance of the instance. It literally takes a minimum of 5 minutes just to return to the location I was at when I died. I am all for the prevention of death zerging, but it's a labor just to keep my stacks of NV maintained when I have to walk, and walk, and walk. Couldn't there be some way to have midpoints on levels of instances or something?Ghotihook1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 am I dissapointed? yes actually. (no QQ) *note* this is all IMO, so feel free to completely disagree with me at any point. alright guys, I just wanted to say a few things because I know I'm gonna see thousands of threads dealing with the same issues cropping up for weeks to come and I won't be able to post in all of them (nor will I want to). I will start by saying that I think the forced server connections and complete lack of offline is bull, I get why it's there and I completely understand why you want to protect your product. piracy is a big deal and only more so with a product so surrounded by media, especially with so much negative feedback (not that I think all of it is justified mind you). I think that what you have done is compromised your players ability to play the game in a paranoid attempt to stop piracy, I can guarantee that someone will pirate diablo 3 before the year is through, it sucks for you but that's a fact of the industry when you are dealing with a high profile game, and I think what you have done is go completely overboard, it only gets worse when you have to deal with issues like no local servers (poor aussies) and diss-connects. I really wanted to get that out of the way because i think that while it is the single most retarded design/development choice blizzard has ever made I think it's an issue that has less to do with Diablo 3 and more to do with blizzards player treatment (something which I regretfully must admit has been steadily on the down-hill). now on to Diablo 3, a game that disappointed me in so many ways. when I started playing diablo 3 I expected a diablo game, I expected some number crunching and serious build planning, I expected to have lots of fun rolling and re-rolling all the classes until I perfected my specs, that isn't what I got, for better or worse. I'll say right now that this is partly on me for not keeping up with diablo 3 announcements and details, but also partly on blizz for not delivering what players essentially expect. when you say you are making a sequel to a great game people expect MORE but BETTER, that is to say they expect you to take the game and build on it, flush out many of the issues and give it a coat of shiny new paint, what you did with Diablo 3 was give us something different, something new and something that nobody expected. this is where the real issue arises, Diablo 3 is not a diablo game (well, it is, but it SHOULDN't be). I'll attempt to explain this is more detail but beware, It'll be a bit of a read and there won't be much structure (before you ask english IS my first language and yes I have quite possibly the worst spelling/grammar in the world) but I hope someone will read this and think about it. CHARACTER CUSTOMISATION! (both in terms of stats/skills and appearance) if someone offered me two games, one with diablo 2s character customisation and one with diablo 3s system I would 100% take diablo 3s' system, hands down the better system, it has it's own issues but I think they are extremely minor, it's better thought out, allows for more overall possibilities and offers a much more diverse player experience, but I really wish it had been in another game. some people, despite all its pit-falls, really enjoy the numbers aspect of RPGs and the whole character planning/speccing side, I could be classified as one of them. it has many issues with scaling and uneducated mistakes can have a very heavy burden on your end game viability, you essentially get what you put in, and if you spend the time to plan and think about your character you are rewarded with higher end gameplay and sometimes a lot more diverse builds, it is however flawed in it's progression and can sometimes be very linear despite it's abundant "options". the diablo 3 system relies less on character planning and more on just letting you play how you want to play, you still get rewarded for thinking about what skills to combine but you are also more easily allowed to experiment, and a lot more of the things you try are likely to be successful, you'll never fully escape the cooke cutter builds (although the D3 system is a step in the right direction) and I fully expect people to come out with cookie cutter "rotations" for the skills, but almost all the skills are viable in one way or another at end-game. I'll no longer get to roll multiple characters in an effort to find a perfect build for me, but in return I am offered a sand-box structure where all the pieces are at my fingertips, and I can change my style on a whim. when I bought D3 I wanted more D2 but better, not something completely different, and no matter how much it was an improvement as long as it still has "diablo" in the name I will always be disappointed, (although I will always be able to return to D2 for a real diablo game), and I think the reason that people get in such a fit over it isn't because the new system isn't good (anyone claiming it isn't as good either drastically prefers mathematics to gameplay, which is fine, or they don't understand the reasoning behind the changes, all of which were justified and quite well thought out) but it is different, and people will never get that true diablo feel from any other game, and now that you have drastically changed the series they won't get it from a diablo game either. true Diablo is dead, for better or worse. as for appearance I think this is something that blizzard did right (putting aside whether armours look good or not, because that ultimately comes down to opinion), sure all they added was a gender option and colour dyes, but the ramifications of that are big. in Diablo 2 you had strong characters, they were very clearly developed, it wasn't a role-playing game in the respect that you created your own character to play but more in the sense that you played a defined role, this allowed for more potentially strong writing and characters, it also meant that blizz could really get stuck into making the characters all they could be without having to worry about trumping on players toes (although when has blizzard ever cared about that? (that was a joke Btw, a deep joke that comments on the current state of blizzard in terms of how they treat players)) and in D3 they gave us more, but BETTER. (read that last part in a sexy voice like I did in my head). one of the issues with such strongly developed characters is that you create a large opportunity for "character disconnection" (by that I mean the player being unable to immerse in the role because they can't associate with the character on a base level), to counteract this they give you a diverse set of characters that promote certain ideologies, so that there is something for everyone (mmm, party mix), but no matter how much I wanted to play an assassin in D2 I couldn't bring myself to play a female character for extended periods of time, my ideology lined up pretty well but it just didn't feel right and I felt uncomfortable because I could't connect to the character on a BASE LEVEL, which is essential for any sort of role-playing. for a lot of people this isn't a problem, they couldn't care less about what their character looks like or their gender, but I'm a little vain that way and I'm sure I'm not the only one. the ability to change gender is the perfect solution, it's not as limiting on the character design as allowing for full customisation but it provides an alternative for the players that need it, and even better, blizzard still treated the characters as if the option didn't exist, the monk is still primarily male, and the demon hunter female, but the alternate exists for those that need it. More… but better (SEXIER!). as for dyes there is not much to say, they are pretty pointless, but more than anything… vanishing dye. I know it;s nothing special, but the very fact that it exists is nice, sometimes you get items that have stats that you just can't pass up, but they completely ruin the look of your set, I myself am not interested in it (I like having a little hodgepodge in my gear) but some people are vain enough that this is a god-send, shows that blizz do listen, even if only a little. LOOT! (everybody wants teh epic lootz) while I think that character customisation is the core issue with D3, I think the loot system has thrown a lot of people off, mainly because of the big three, farming, AH and crafting. I hear people complain that they hate how rare good loot is. I make a point of asking how they get their loot, and more often than not it's plain old farming (and I then always get the "farming is boring" speech), the issue here isn't that the gear upgrades are too few, but that you aren't taking advantage of all the systems of getting them. when blizz make the game they assume you are going to be making the most of the things in it, and If you are committed to getting the best stuff than they assume you will be using all three methods in tandom (we'll call it "FAHCing"), if you are ignoring one or two of these than of-course your gear upgrades are gonna be rarer than intended, but that's because you are not FAHCing, if you want the best gear than you need to put in for it, you need to commit to getting it, some people find that dull and boring, that's fine, but you need to accept that you won't be getting the best gear and move on, if that means you're not viable for inferno, than suck it up and drop down a difficulty, or get FAHCing. or with the up-coming RMAH (FAHCing RMAH) you can just pay your way to better gear (ok, I will be the first to admit that this is just blizzards way of introducing micr0transaction profit to diablo, allowing more real-world privileged players a distinct advantage in-game is never a good thing, but at the end of the day blizzard is a company, and companies will do anything to turn a profit, the best we "less well off" (poor) players can do is suck it up and deal) STORY! (fundamentally flawed to say the least) ok, I'm not sure what you guys where thinking, but having the plot-line to every diablo game be "diablo is returning, you gotta kill him" might have been a tad short sighted, there are only so many times you can fight diablo before he (she) gets a bit old, and it's right around the time that you have to start saying "AGAIN… AGAIN!", I'm not gonna criticise Blizzard too much for that one though because they sort of pidgin-holed themselves into it. I am however going to say that the writing has for the most part gone down-hill (although what do I know about writing, perhaps it's great writing but I just don't see it). SETTING! (oh, it's THIS dungeon again) no randomised out-door maps? and dungeons being randomly selected from a measly set of pre-made dungeons? what's up with that? I'll tell you whats up with that, quality over quantity. sure with randomly generated maps you get a completely different experience every time you play, but you also get a higher chance of having a bad experience. sometimes I would get a really crap dungeon in D2 and there was nothing I could do about it, granted it wasn't all that often, but I would inevitably end up getting one or two, I could get pushed in one direction, or offered too many, or sometimes would just be left going in circles, but one thing was sure, I would always miss out on a large portion of the map, there would be lots of un-explored avenues that I either had to skip or explore un-motivated just because I stumbled upon the randomly generated exit/entrance too soon, really took the wind out of my sails on numerous occasions. and then we have out-side, I cannot tell you how many times I couldn't find the entrance to the dungeon I needed to go to because it was down a unit wide path it the farthest edge of the map that was hidden behind rocks, it was frustrating to say the least, although all this doesn't necessarily make it a bad system. randomly generated maps provide a vastly varying experience and I think that was part of what made rolling new characters so much fun. although IN D3 we won't be re-rolling characters as often and the maps we do get will definitely be of a certain standard, you'll also see the same stuff over and over again until it gets repetitive, so while you lack that more diverse system you get from randomisation, you also avoid all the dangers of randomised content, so it's not a better/worse scenario per-say, it's a trade-off and matter of preference (I prefer slightly random elements myself). CONCLUSION! (in other-words I'll say it again) I could go on like this for hours, but it's late and my spelling/grammer certainly isn't getting any better, so I'll take this as an end point. I like diablo 3, I think it is a great game as far as games go, but I don't think it was what diablo three should have been, I'm not gonna make excuses for blizzard, they are big boys and they should know better, they miss-handled the series and have changed it's direction completely, I feel a little cheated that I will never get to see the game Diablo 3 could have been, but I am also glad that I get the game Diablo 3 is, if I could have had both I would have been ecstatic. so the next time you play diablo 3 (or diablo 2, whatever floats your boat) don't compare it to the other because at the end of the day they are two completely different types of the same game, apples to oranges. think of it as it's own game, try to understand why they did it the way they did and how they came to the conclusion that it needed to be done like that. P.S. feel free to comment and discuss, just remember to be constructive, people always get worked up when people like/dislike a blizzard game, the word "fanboy" gets tossed around a lot and people just tend to get mad. things like that don;t help anybody, blizzard don't get any useful feedback from that and the players won't gain any insight either.JackL5 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Dear Blizzard, 10 Things..... To bring to your attention: 1)Offline Mode: Is it really that hard for single player? 2)Game Completion: Not player progress but your lack of it for Diablo 3... where is the PvP? Why couldn't you balance the classes and test inferno properly before release? 3)Auction House: What is stopping it from being improved to resemble something more user friendly... you have a very good setup in WoW. 4)Loot: Why do you have to be level 60 to start inferno(clearly this is a requirement as it is difficult) yet the majority of items, especially in acts 1-2 are below level 60. Why is inferno Boss loot so poor? 5)Communication: Why aren't you more focused about keeping the playing community in the loop? Let us know if and how our concerns are being addressed. Maybe make a special forum thread or something. 6)Server Stability: Why is there numerous times where large portions of the gaming community experience lag not related to their internet service? Why are your servers frequently going down for updates on unscheduled times? 7)Elite Mob Buffs: Have these actually been tested? A challenge is understandable but at times depending on the roll of the dice of elite power-ups you can get an unkillable elite mob within the permitted time of the "enrage timer" 8)Followers: Why can we not keep our followers with us in multiplayer games? Not like they do alot of damage, but they do serve as a distraction sometime, Diablo 2 had it... 9)Items: It is understandable that finding ideal stats on your desired weapon should be a lucky find but why are there completely useless stats on class specific weapons and armor? (ie. int on Monk staffs or dex/str on wizard/witch doctor off-hands) 10)Neph Valor: Why do we lose it if we change skills and why does having 5 stacks (75% MF) guarantee rare drop(s) from bosses yet if you do not have 5 stacks and wear MF gear exceeding over 75% you do not get rare drops at times?Spounge0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 why does the RMAH make me angry? I mean, I know it doesn't effect me. And I should be happy for everyone who is having fun spending money or making money. But I still find myself feeling very negative about it. Why do I care what other people do with their items/money? I used JSP in diablo 2, and they sold forum gold, but I wasn't mad about it. I'm actually asking. Is it jealousy?MCSDWVL17 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Was the RMAH added at an appropriate time? What do you think of the timing the RMAH was added? Good timing, too soon, too late, or what? Also, what do you think of the possibility of many exploiters, botters, etc. benefiting (maybe greatly) from the RMAH before a lot of them will (hopefully) be banned? Do you think Blizzard intended for exploiters and such to benefit from the RMAH (Please note that doing so would result in Blizzard making money, which is what just about all non profit companies try to do)? Do you think Blizzard should've banned a lot of the exploiters, botters, etc. before adding the RMAH? Do you think the Diablo 3 economy will be relatively fine? Do you think, if just about all/all the cheaters, botters, etc. could be banned, that a rollback to day one would overall be better for the Diablo 3 playerbase and Blizzard than if things were to continue without a rollback?HaloValkyrie9 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Thanks RMAH! For making D3 worthwhile. :DTenk4 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 A lawsuit has to be in the making. Look, I am not one who enourages our lawsuit happy society. But I just sense problems here. I am not a lawyer, but selling people a game, then deciding when I can or cannot play it based on Blizzard's schedule alone, with myself, the purchaser of this game, having zero input, well, I just thinl Blizzard is walking in a legal minefield.Meatush2 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 d3-0-9950-Win-final.MPQ Corrupt? Patch Failed So I just got home from work and went to fire up D3 and download the patch but I get: ERROR: The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Updates\d3-0-9950-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download the file again. I try to close everything and rerun the patcher but it keeps giving me that right off the bat now. The first time it made it about halfway. Anyways, anyone know a fix for this?Xaven26 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 What Was Your first legendary item? Mine was Slave Bonds found on trash in Act II Nightmare.Solokar1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Editing to make yourself not look so... duuur http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5794800463#new-post Notice it was edited after catching so much hell from everybody about the word "Scheduled" good one blizz, good one. -1SloanDaddy6 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 What kind of game is this? Is this a MMO, Single Player or Co-op game?Nebu35 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Modify Banners? Guide-On Streamers! I noticed some talk about what problems blizz was having with the achievement mods to the banner and it's true many of the mods would be fuzzy and unnoticable. Maybe streamer guidons that attach to the head of the banner. Typically the guide-on streamers are brightly colored/off-base color and mark major campaign participation. Especially for a game that went freaking crazy nuts on the wind effects, it seems a logical addition to your already established banner bahavior scripts.Belial0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Looking for laid-back, like-minded players Hello! I've recently found myself with a severe shortage of gaming friends. They've all either moved on from gaming, are inactive for the time being, or have no interest in Diablo III. Since the game is coming out in less than a week, I thought I'd give the forums a shot, and see if anyone was in a similar predicament. I'm an extremely laid-back person, have no interest in being hardcore/competitive, and would love to have anyone join me on my journey through Diablo III. Games are always better with other people to play them with, after all. If you're interested, or would like to join me, simply reply to this thread or send me an email at dms229@truman.edu, and maybe we can get something going. Cheers!Raks42 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Bots need to be dealt with better. It's getting really hard to even hold a conversation on general chat with the rediculous amount of gold spam bots. It's really bad and needs to be dealt with somehow. Swiftly and severely.Spartan0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Ingame Banner Design (Updates request) Will we ever have updates "mini patches" in order to have a new pack of banner sigil, shapes, patterns ? also... i think it would be better if we had a extra pallette that appears if we choose a pattern on the banner.. coz we cant even colorate the designs .. like if i click on Dark blue it makes half the patterns darkblue and the other half either dark grey or light blue by default. would be great to have more customizations for coloring pretty much every parts of the banners.. or atlease more stuff to do with them. just a lil suggestion for ppl like me who likes more details on things like this. cheers edit: i know right now there are far more important things for blizz to take care about. its just for futur free time cool stuff you guys could do when ever hehe)Archangel0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Possible stop-gap to gold spammers? What are ppls thoughts on having a serperate general chat that has a minimum lvl requirement of 5-10. Figure 90% of the gold spammers are lvl 1 toons that get created, spam for a few minutes at most, then deleted and new ones created. I understand that this would prevent new legitament people from getting a response for things early on, but honestly, if you cant manage on your own till lvl 5 you need a new game.Dimsdale0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 You know what I did with my RMAH Earnings? I bought: Sins Of A Solar Empire:Rebellion Krater Pre-purchased Torchlight 2 Not alot, but hell I at least have something to do when the servers go down...which is alot. Still love ya blizzard, but theres some things you just arent good at, and maintenance/patches are among them. Hopefully there wont be a need for a patch to fix the ninja hotfixes you're doing tonight.ZyloWolfBane0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Whimsyshire "music" Whimsyshire music. It's awful. Just f***ing terrible. I mean, I think pure static would be an improvement. It feels less like a happy feel good level and more like a I'M DYING ON A BAD ACID TRIP level. And even if that's the effect you were going for, surely you could have come up with something better! IMO, this would be a perfect substitute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBISfv-6hfo Of course, copyright laws would prevent that... but you get the idea.Xyleth18 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 'The hole' 'The pit' and so on i really miss this from diablo 2 where there was places that you could go on any of the acts that were higher level than the zone / act you were in and could potentially drop higher level gear. example from title. zone level was like 65 or something but inside the dungeon it was upped to 85. with the upcoming patch and the changes to where loot drops via a % based system so you merely have a larger chance to get the better loot on higher acts but still possible to get the same loot on act1. I would love to see an additional note for random spawned dungeons like "the watch tower" (example) in the highlands act 1 that instead of being level 61 were actually buffed to 62-63 like act 3-4. would give you incentive to explore the landscape more and give you a chance at better %'s of loot on a lower act thought increased difficulty. would also reinforce the 'farm where you want' thing that you used to have with inferno having a flat difficulty. instead of feeling obligated to farm in X act that your gear is capable of farming in just due to higher chances at drops.Zoidburg3 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Hide yo kids hide yo wife Server threatening to do unspeakable things to my wife.. http://s14.postimage.org/7vmrccl9t/WTF.jpg Did not see a server shut down msg, just this. Everyone see this or just the players in my channel?Detergent0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Thank you Blizzard for taking my advice and doing scheduled maintenance during third shift. :) :/ ... during my one day off this week (/banghead)Maddkatter0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Unsheduled Sheduled Maintenance How about providing us players with a list of scheduled maintenance days and times... Just saying its scheduled doesn't make it so......treat us with some respect please and you wonder why the forums are full of hate these days..Paynless44 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 RMAH fees? Blizzard?? I remember clearly Jay Wilson stated that the transaction fee will be very little, 1 cent or 2 cent, soemthing like that, why did it become $1? Also a 15% withdraw fee is kinda rediculous too? I thought you promised transaction fee will be very minimal? What happened? 1 cent to $1 is a 100x jump.......Derekana0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Quick question to anyone Blizzard related You, as well as all the other blizzard fanboys, love to retort that "DA MAINTENENCE WAZ SCHEDUUULED !@#$ NOOOOB." Or something to that effect. So, does this mean that every time I think to log in, I should go out of my way to go on the forums to check if there's maintenance going on? I mean, if only you guys had a little box in the login screen, or maybe even some kind of launcher where you could post relevant updates about taking the game down in primetime. Seriously, you've had years of online experience. Learn something ffs.Tyrolen1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Diablo 3 Each act should have a difficulty should have a different story line!TotalCarnage0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 The Unavoidable Death List Vortexed into frozen, ggJungle38 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 The number of butthurt posts about rmah and inferno difficulty... IS TOO DAMN HIGH thank you for your attention, have a nice day!Nerkal1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 RMAH/Paypal security Battlenet account is to be linked with a verified paypal account. Verified paypal account (balance $0) is linked with bank account & credit card. Just a quick qns, is there any form of 2nd factor authenticator in between battlenet-paypal-bank for each transaction made (eg. purchases in RMAH), or it'll just goes thru & debiting the amt instantly at the final ends i.e bank/creditcard?Devilsire1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Improvements on Services & Gamplay Dear Blizzard please take note 1 - As a veteran gaming company with years of experience from a popular online MMORPG such as WoW, it is important to ensure that your customers enjoy optimal durations for access to your services. I can tolerate weekly maintenance even for Diablo 3, but multiple downtimes after that is sloppy service. Especially since this has been a frequent occurrence. 2 - With regards to the above, I understand certain downtimes are a result not of hardware but of software bugs, gameplay issues etc. I would prefer that the weekly maintenance is longer than 8 hours (frequently so already) to give yourself more time for quality control and more precautionary measures to prevent further unexpected downtimes later on in the same week. 3 - Properly address issues before changing the gameplay. I would list nerfing the vases in Act 1 Royal Crypts as an example. There are MANY players out there who MANUALLY break these vases for gold. Do not punish these players just to make life difficult for botters. My friend enjoys getting 10k gold per minute from breaking vases. I enjoy getting 10k gold per min from killing mobs in Act 3 Nightmare. To each their own. What is the point of implementing breakable vases if there is zero plausible incentive for the player to do so? 4 - Maintain reliable contact with your customers regarding your services. Every time there is a "scheduled" downtime announced in the "Breaking News" section of the D3 log in screen, ONLY players with US clients are able to see them. EU clients are unable to view these messages. I am playing in Americas which is the correct region for my country, but had to use the EU client because that was the only one that properly installed D3 for me. 5 - Less nerfing, more buffing. I thought I read somewhere that D3 promotes variety and flexibility when it comes to skill selection. If players figure out a particular build that can be twice as efficient than other builds, it is less of an exploit and more of creative thinking. One advantage that gaming has is that it encourages players to be innovative and "think out of the box" when it comes to overcoming obstacles. If it is obvious that certain classes can reasonably clear content while others are struggling. The problem lies not with the ones that succeed, but rather with the ones that don't. Kindly improve upon your services before even your loyal customer base are unwilling to support your products in the near future.Swiftshadow0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Bring back the D2 Create / Join game panel I feel as if bringing back the way diablo 2's create / join game system worked will shut a lot of complainers up. basically adding a scenario of what made d2 awesome. Starcraft has it.. overall i'm enjoying diablo 3 still. but bringing back this system would most likely make the game funner for myself, and i'm pretty damn sure, 90% of the people that play diablo 3... (rough estimate there.) :)Vanila2 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Idea for a very small change... [crafting] I think, crafted items should have another color, like red, so you can see on your char sheet, which piece is crafted, legendary, set, rare or magic. Also, if you buy something on the auction house, you can see if it´s crafted. I don´t know, but I think, this little change would make crafting more......."fun"? edit: oh, sry, I saw too late, wrong forum :-(Morgaelin0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Good evening!!! when server be up! i hope 1.0.3 be up soon because 5 hour ago i upgrade all my gem!!!! that's nice.SeanFC0 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 Tale of woe; the mad kings torture chamber "scheduled" maintinence in the mad kings torture chamber. I jumped in a game and started getting the "scheduled" server maintinence warnings... My team of heroes and I drove hard and fast, heroically pursuing the evil warden and his minions. I shouted encouragement to my fellow travelers and with less than 60 seconds remaining we awoke the warden and strove to bring the battle to his face. I flew at him toe to toe, unleashing my entire reserve of arcane powers in mere seconds. time was slowed, ice rained from the heavens, a whirl of icy wind emanated from somewhere below my waist and the warden was frozen in his boots. I was pinned in a corner. left open from my onslaught of frost he was taking ten and twenty-fold damage from the others in our fell, grim faced party. With a scream he fell to the floor and was dead. looking down, I saw the last few drops of blood red essence escaping from the vial around my neck. He had sunk one vicious and fatal blow. I died. I awoke moments later to the ominous words 'server shutting down in 10 seconds'. I ran. I ran like the frozen wind that emanates from below my waist. I reached the spot where seconds ago we had slain that evil spectre of the townsfolk. Alas, it was as if it was all a dream. my party, the bodies, the loot, none of it was there. Oh the loot! what grand legendary slice of heaven had been waiting there for me seconds before but is now lost forever! I shall never know. at least call it "emergency" maintenance since that is obviously what it is, or did you mean to schedule maintenance 2 days in a row? /rant. I feel better now. can I have that epic legendary please?spacemonkey1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 RMAH going live Guys, No, hey.... guys.... seriously guys.....Real money....guys wait, hear me out.... guys.... LETS... wait for it.... Lets release Real money into the auction house, at 15 percent tax. Guys wait.... hold on I'm not done.... Lets not even... wait it'll be funny... let's not fix everything, every user has been saying.... lets yea, no, lets not even change the requests made by millions of users requesting changes to help the AH. Lets do this in addition to the hundreds of requests. - lets not add a search function for off hand weapons to include damage. Even though that was day 1 problem - lets also not add a 4th search function, even though people need 5-6 affixes just to survive or play the game. - lets not update our servers for Auction houses. - Lets force everyone to be a part of the AH by constantly changing drop rates based off what we see on the AH, so "attempted" single players can't even play. - wait lets not even update our game servers, so our hardcore players will just keep wiping, solely because they are online.Cronos1 Jun 14, 2012
Jun 14, 2012 1.0.3 eta 2 hours discuss.DKSMOOVE1 Jun 14, 2012