General Discussion

Jun 19, 2012 MF/Pony Level So the MF nerf will make the Pony level a complete waste of time now correct?Fry4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 @Blue, can we get clarification??? ◦Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses ◦Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed Will this affect Whimsyshire Mushrooms, presents, clouds, pots and pinata's? Please keep this bumped for a blue to clarify!Focuz0ndis29 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 IAS nerf, it's time to stack Crit/Crit Dmg What's the ETA on the Crit/Crit Damage nerf Blizz?EdPOGI37 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 TOS - EULA - Has no standing - Proof inside! Mostly importantly it says in bold letters top and bottom, if you agree to this click OK, by click OK etc blah blah blah you agree. The button says ACCEPTScubaman1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 IAS plan so i got it guys lets completely mess up the coding in the game and apply useless mods to items than we will fix every item that is not legendary with the mod, leave people spending money on set items we intended to be the cookie cutter itemization needed for the game for nothing. Than when we do go to fix IAS on legendary items we will buff all legendary items making the previous purchases and finds completely useless the entire time any player has one. Cliff notes on blizz development By the way I wanna thank everyone for participating in the open payed beta the game should be available for un-bugged play any month nowBeelzeboul0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Fixes, Nerfs, but wait, a realistic downtime? Despite everyone complaining about the chanegs that i feel were really necessary for this game, did no one notice that this time the maintenance says 1pm from the beginning? rather than 10 am, 11 am, noon, and then 1pm? Let's see if the servers go up on schedule, if they do I have to commend Blizz for actually being realistic this time around.Dalamarius0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Reporting income from RMAH? Should I ever get to the point where I have something worth selling on the RMAH, how would I go about reporting the income to the IRS? I'm assuming Blizzard isn't going to issue 1099s for every sale. It can't be reported as a monetary gain on the sale of property, since it's technically not my property and it's virtual.ItGetsAllOvr4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Let's Congratulate Kripparrian! I think that Kripp is getting over shadowed by the trolling that Bashiok is doing on his twitter - he really does deserve the communities respect and congratulations. For someone that's been watching his stream for the last few weeks religiously - Let me be the first to say congrats. Congrats Kripp on WORLD FIRST HARDCORE CLEAR !Graath57 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 [PVP ARENA] Discussion - Whose your top4 Using best guess here, the pvp arena will be 4v4 I started this topic to see what you guys think will be the BEST situation for pvp Barb x 4 DH x4 WIZ x 4 WD x 4 MONK x4 or various mixtures, I feel Barbx3 + Wizardx1 would be the most elite group for pvp. Why? DH will get 1 shot instantly, has only few secs of SS to escape but after use, will be done by any wizard. Barbarians will pull aggro + stuns + cause epic amount of CC, while the wizard is picking off as he choses. :) Your turn! whose your top4 and whyDanielMahan4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Repair equips Cost OMG , 25k to repair my equips???? I don't want to waist all my gold on repair ! is easier buy new equips than repair . I understand that 3k wasn't fair , but 25 k isn't either !Erycsou0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 New patch Hey whats the address for the alternative patch download? I'm on a University server that blocks p2p so I can't do the torrent.Mariategui1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 I just got in BUT THE !$(*&@!# AUCTION HOUSE IS DOWN, CRUSHING, WHAT THE !@#& IS THIS !@#*mdubbz090 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 The Decision on IAS Nerf You made the wrong choice in my honest opinion. In the "1.0.3 Design Preview" you showed us two methods you were considering to battle the fast-growing "spam IAS" problem you were having. Option A was to do what you've done, take the flat percentage and nerf the hell out of it. Therefore making it EXTREMELY worse than it was previously. Option B was to implement what's known as Diminishing Returns. Which honestly is/was by far the better choice. DR would have made a very noticeable difference for those of us who literally stacked the crap out of IAS. It would have made us get rid of some IAS WILLINGLY if we chose to do so. Giving us the right to choose ourselves whether we are willing to sacrifice potential damage in other areas for a measily 5-6% (assuming we stacked it a lot). As opposed to this ridiculous 50% nerf in IAS to every item in the game for every player whether they had 1 IAS item or several. You made the decision to tell us not only that we wasted a lot of time and money investing into an affix that you designed. But follow that up and push us further by forcing us to change our entire gear sets and receive no compensation since these items will now be worth jack. Based on my calculations my current DPS in 1.0.2c was 76k with Magic Weapon. When 1.0.3 goes live in a few hours I am going to log in and find that my new DPS will be around 60k. A 16k loss in damage, and this by the way is not a fully IAS stacking build. I had 67% Attack Speed, which will now be 33.5%. Lets all go buy Crit Chance and Crit Damage and watch as they nerf it in 1.0.5.BasiL0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Remove MF Gear? At this point there are only monsters to farm, no whimsy, no pot smashing, and nobody wears their MF gear full time you switch it on right before the boss/champ is going to die.. It's a stupid game mechanic that requires you to lug around two sets of gear one of which is worn less than 1% of the time.. Just remove it already.. Give everyone the same chance at loot. OR: Make it so that MF doesn't take up any of the item value, and make it a rarer stat, so that MF items are every bit as good as normal items for DPS, but more expensive, so Ideally you'd end up wearing your ultimate dps/tanking set, PLUS full magic find. I dunno, something needs to change that's for sure, let me know what you guys think..Draekkus19 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Question on a small 1.03 patch note.... "•Fixed a bug that was allowing players to temporarily pick up items that belonged to another account" Are they sneaking in a fix to what sounds like a form of item duplication or is this vague patch note talking about something else?CaptainOp6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo 3 is actually a decent game... BUT I have almost no problems with the game. It was enjoyable for the most part; the constant downtime was a little annoying but wasn't too much of a problem. The thing I DO have a problem with is that an entire line of items is broken in the game and has been broken ever since release and they STILL havn't been fixed. A game that is ENTIRELY built around gear... that has gear that doesnt work...? These items are still being traded and sold for REAL MONEY on the auction house without any warnings given to the buyer. Not everyone who plays the game reads these forums... at least do something to prevent these broken items have being bought and sold so people don't continue wasting their money on them. Attack speed on legendaries was supposed to be patched in this patch, and this was announced WEEKS ago that the developers were aware of the problem and restated as late as last week that it would be i this patch. Patch comes and now its stated to be patched in 1.0.4... which I assume is a month+ away... right after 1.0.3b and 1.0.3c and etc etc etc. Come 1.0.4... it'll probably be pushed back to the point where they'll tell us they can't fix them and we end up holding useless items for half a year for no reason. The constant downtime is fine, the constant nerfing and balance adjustments are fine, the difficulty level is even fine. The fact that there are items that do not work in the game, is not. I don't understand why this isn't viewed as an urgent of an issue as it really is....Kaylo0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Ever read the continually updated TOS I'll keep it short. you do not have any rights implied or expected on how this game is shaped. thanks please come again. Bliz even tells you to YO face. log off if you don't like it punk. You're hard headed 4 da QQGeralt0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 A question from the EU to the US Hello there fellow diablo gamers! I have a few questions regarding the latest patch for you If you were to give an rough estimate on how damage has been reduced in act 3 and 4 (inferno), what would it be? How does the IAS nerf affect survivability in these acts? Say you are +2,7 APS wizard or a 1,5 APS Barbarian? Are you finding any good loot yet? Best Regards Martin from the country of EuropeMartinGEE0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Hey ; One question from a newbie At the beginning ; I choose to play in server US . I'm wondering that my account able to log in to server Europe or Korea ??? Can s.o answer me that question :DTranLong0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 When will the Diablo III final release? And do we get something for being second-beta testers? Since the game still seems to be in the beta phase right now, considering the 1.03 patch notes. Such changes are expected during alpha and beta phases, not in the final, this is a joke!Kinari18 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why 2 different attack speed affixes? I'm confused. The the patch going to merge/consolidate items with Increase Attack Speed and Attack Speed Increased? Are there still going to be two affixes for the same thing? Why are there two different affixes for attack speed? What is the difference between the two?Qiaokeli1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 barb and monk buff i thought there was gonna be a barb and monk buff for survivability for 1.0.3 or am i wrong can anyone tell me if i am right or not ?? cause i cant find it in the patch notes.. thanksnemein6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Did you know... "Did you know you can clean up a good amount of #D3 chat clutter by un-checking 'Show Quest Dialog in Chat' in the Sound options?" -Bashiok via Twitter Bashiok is a good guy! Without this tip.. We can all progress through Act 4 Inferno Hardcore in half the time! (Seriously, I like the dialogue, but it's like reading the same book 4 times in a week) Congrats Kripp and Krippi, and thank you Bashiok for the tip! Everyone's a winner! Yay!Holographic6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Tentacle Nerf Yay, DH now does same dmge as any other class , but without any sort of survivability Cant u just leave the game as it was in 1.0.0... U ruining ur game even harder .l.xSoulPridez139 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 This is great news in the patch Bosses General Bosses have had their pathing improved The quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses has been slightly reducedChaz0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Breakables totally useless now "We want players to be able to break a barrel and have a chance of finding the best item in the game" - Jay Wilson Now breakables/clickables have 0 chance to drop items. Not even .001%. Really? Couldn't make it extremely small, even though it was already small... but just make it smaller? I really really enjoyed every single barrel or crate I shot, and every corpse I turned over. I even got my first legendary out of a barrel. I feel like one more fun element has been removed from the game. :( P.S. Siegebreaker reflecting damage AND gaining an enrage timer makes me think Blizzard hates us all.goldenjoe0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 B.net up I can't believe this but I am sitting logged in, 4 people in general chat lol. 3 hours early...Battyone0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 A question about new inferno drop rates + mf I'm just wondering how mf will affect the new drop rates and was wondering if anyone could clear it up for me. Say for example I have 100% mf and we are looking at the ilvl 63 items which have a 2% chance to drop I'm Act 1 inferno.. With that amount of mf does that mean ilvl 63 items have a 4% chance to drop now, or does it simply increase the chance of those items having higher quality stats?Ronin0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 So, patches, nerfs and so forth ew. Everything is getting nerf WHY ?? it was pretty fun the game when i first bought it but now.. BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Yes, op skills maybe nerfed but.. thats acceptable makes it more challenging but NERFING DROPS FROM BARRELS VASES ETC IS ABSURD !!DelusionaL11 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 OK. Nerf Attack Speed, NOW!!! Title says it allMiltonCrux0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Worst / Funny Elite Mob names Alright well lately I've noticed some of the odd elite mobs names and thought I would start a thread to see if anyone else has noticed some. For example, last night I saw Alot the Betrayer.Elusive0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 This image explains Diablo 3 in its Entirety http://imgur.com/hHShaKhord11 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 So... Do we get a gold reimbursement? •General •The gold and material crafting costs for all items level 1-59 have been reduced by 50% to 75% •Blacksmith •The gold cost to level the Blacksmith has been reduced by 50% •The number of Pages of Blacksmithing, Tomes of Blacksmithing, or Tomes of Secrets required to level the Blacksmith has been reduced •Base levels now require 1 page/tome, down from 5 •Milestone levels now require 2 pages/tomes, down from 5 •The number of Pages of Blacksmithing and Tomes of Blacksmithing required to craft items level 1-59 has been reduced •Items with 3 affixes no longer require Pages of Blacksmithing or Tomes of Blacksmithing to craft •The gold cost of crafting items with 4 affixes and 5 affixes (including items in Inferno difficulty) has been reduced •Weapon crafting costs have been reduced •The chance for level 60 items to produce Legendary crafting materials when salvaged has been reduced •Jeweler •The gold and material cost to combine gems ranks 2-8 has been reduced •Combinations for these ranks now only require 2 gems, down from 3 •The gold cost to combine each rank of gems is now as follows: •Rank 2 - Flawed: 10 gold (down from 500 gold) •Rank 3 - Regular: 25 gold (down from 750 gold) •Rank 4 - Flawless: 40 gold (down from 1250 gold) •Rank 5 - Perfect: 55 gold (down from 2000 gold) •Rank 6 - Radiant: 70 gold (down from 3500 gold) •Rank 7 - Square: 85 gold (down from 7500 gold) •Rank 8 - Flawless Square: 100 gold (down from 20,000 gold) This is all well and good for newcomers to the game, but what about the players who had to suffer through this crafting system? Are we going to get our gold back for previous crafting levels or for the gold we wasted leveling gems? I'm going to go out on a limb and answer my own question. F*** No!Demo0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 D2's Story was Horrible I'm not trying to say D3's was great or anything, but I'm sick and tired of hearing people say how awesome D2's story was. Did anyone even pay attention to the continuity of that game, or did everyone just forget? Everyone shows up in A1 for...no reason whatsoever. You do a bunch of unrelated quests. Then Cain gets mentioned out of the blue and you save him. Then you do some more unrelated quests. Then you find out Lesser Evil is camping a Monastery (because she liked the nuns?). So you kill her, because apparently a demon lord who is 5 levels below the earth is barricading your way to the desert. Then you go to A2, which, at the very least, had a flow to your fetch quests. Except you're supposed to be surprised that you don't stop Baal from resurrecting, and then another Lord of Helll is playing guard dog all by himself (because Diablo told him to sit?). Then you save Tyrael, who fails to do anything for the rest of the entire game...and forgets to mention that a hobo has the soulstone. A3 is worse than A1, because now you're walking through a jungle picking up random idols and books for townsfolk who'd rather collect trinkets than worry that three prime evils are now walking in their backyard. Then you find Mephisto, who not only sits around waiting for you, but he couldn't even be arsed to close the only available portal to hell...the thing Lords of Hell can open whenever they want, but something that the guy on a warpath absolutely requires. Then A4, which is perfectly fine, except that Diablo, who has been wandering and plotting and leading you across the world, is now sitting in his home doing absolutely nothing except wait for you. A5 is the absolute worst of them all, because you finally learn the end-game plan of the prime evils: To corrupt the World Stone, which will allow the invading demons to be even more invadier. And make the world even more invadeded. Or something. And then magically make the hero who is wiping out hordes of invading demons and waded through Hell itself leaving corpses in his wake to be scared of these more invadier demons. And I seriously hope the latter was part of their plan. And then Tyrael just destroys the World Stone entirely, because a big invasion is so scary for the hero who single-handedly wiped out the three prime evils, two lesser evils and countless numbers of mooks. And I haven't even mentioned Marius yet. Like...why are we supposed to care about a hobo? Why does Diablo care about a hobo instead of killing him like everyone else? Why does Tyrael have so much faith in a hobo that he doesn't mention to any of the perfectly capable people he meets that a hobo has the one thing that can threaten or save the world? So, I mean, sure, hate D3's story all you want. But please, stop telling me that its predecessor made any sense whatsoever.Wolf173 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Attack Speed is STILL the best stat, shut up! Pre patch attack speed was the most important stat for virtually every class/every build. Saying it was 10 x better than any other stat might not be an exaggeration, saying it was 10 x better than any non-core stat would be a gross underestimation. Cut in half it's still the best non-core stat, people will still be maxing it, people will still be getting 2+ attacks per second. You guys really need to calm down. As for the "I bought it on the AH for real money, blah,blah,blah!" Blizzard told us they were nerfing it prior to the RMAH going live, no sympathy.Slicktorine4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Require forum avatars to post Hero progress. Simple request, adds flavor to forums and will automatically kill any trolls saying Inferno is too easy when we can see they are still in Hell struggling. All it would say is Act-4 Inferno. I haven't killed any Act 4 Inferno bosses yet so thats all mine would say but if you killed Izual it would say Act-4 Inferno Izual or w.e Flames and support welcome to keep the bumpage.Sicklesigh2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 SERVERS ARE UP :) GoGO!Phoenix0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Change gear = lose Neph Valor I know this isn't an original idea because it is too obvious....so why hasn't Blizz implemented? Encouraging people change gear to MF right before Last blue/Boss dies is incredibly lame....Doomgrinder0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo 3 I really don't understand why people get so upset about things when they're changed. Just move on, its a game. All we have to do is readjust our playing to the new style ( which the change in the overall scheme of things isn't really THAT big. So they nerfed the IAS, really?... Really? Is this going to end your life of gaming? Remember there is another thing called real life. If you're truely that upset about something as small as a change in a game that you paid $60 for then your life priorities are VERY messed up. So please, if you're upset about the changes voice your concerns, just don't act like its going to ruin your life now. People act like the $60 they spent on the game was a fortune and they should be getting the world from it. I spent $60 last night on dinner for my wife and myself. Not to mention you don't have to pay a monthly fee to play! In the spirit of things I leave you with a worldly quote: “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost This wasn't intended to be a flame, or trying to put people down, I'm just trying to say its a game and its a little silly that people take it a little overboard. Good luck, have fun!javolin130 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why are people complaining about 1.03 notes? Really? The most common ones are - Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses How can anyone seriously think that it was intended to go into games with high MF and just find chests and barrels and get gear that way? I guess if you were a gold farmer with bot machines you'd dislike this change, but a normal player should be happy about this. + Attack Speed bonus values on weapons and armor have been reduced by 50% We already knew this was coming. When stacking IAS is by far the best way to gear your character, you can assume its going to get nerfed at some point. I already dumped my mediocre gear with IAS for more balanced items in preparation for this. Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain We already knew about this. But when combined with the fact that 5 stacks now guarantees a rare from champ/elite packs, you will typically get equal rares guaranteed if you do the same farming runs, and far more over time if you adjust your farming run strategy. This is a very good change when taken as a whole. You can now roam/explore more and still get drops. Skill Rune – Nether Tentacles Tentacles will now only hit each target once Of course people hate when they get a class ability nerfed, but really just be happy you had such an OP ability for so long. When one ability/rune is the only choice for every member of that class, expect it to get nerfed. It was clearly way too strong. All I see in these notes are lots of good changes for the game. I can't wait to log in later. If they had been able to ship the game at 1.03, the launch would have been a lot better, but hey better late than never.Cellerto1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Blizz, ur next game, profit will be Nerf ! who with me ~~ :PRay1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Lets play guess the next nerf! Lets play a simple game; the rules are simple: Guess what the next nerf will be in D3. This can be a game mechanic, a skill, and even a class. Also, since Blizz said that they really want to buff things to bring them to the level of use of specific skills and whatnot and not nerf them.... Lets also get a count on how many things have been nerfed to how many things have been buffed. Go go go go!!!!Magikarp89 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Authenticator for sale offer deleted since you can still buy wow versions, didnt know, sorrypault21 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 12 hour downtime today AND tomorrow! Wait a second.... I just realized that today's 12 hour downtime is NOT to get patch 1.0.3 in! Nope... that's not a joke; link below as proof. http://d3db.com/blue/thread/4736895086/eu ... ok... if you made it this far, hopefully scared you a bit. Since there are so many tender souls here on the forum, that is for Europe and Australia. :P http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5871397570Insanity11 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 New Patch Will Make Gems Too Cheap Ok, rewrite to try and explain my point better. I know this isn't game breaking, nor will it affect level 60 whatsoever. It will, however, make the first 8 or so series of gems utterly useless when Flawless Squares will be selling for 500 gold; even a level 5 character who just got his first socketed item will be able to afford that. I'm not complaining it changes anything for level 60's, but you guys have to realize that not every player is level 60. I believe that the prices should still be somewhat restrictive so that it hurts for a level 10 player to buy a Flawless Square. There is, after all, a reason that we don't see FS drops in Normal.Xanadu27 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 maintenance why is the world would they have scheduled maintenance at the same time for World of warcraft and Diablo3?Josh4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Servers back on at around 6pm (3 PM pdt) wootrandy2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 AH Question If I bid on an item that would technically end during maintenance time does it actually end during maintenance time, or stop the timer stop til servers come up? If it ends then I got pretty sweet deal on some shoulders.Dyception1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Remove chests, barrels, corpses, weapon racks Might as well remove all the rare spawn uniques as well since for some reason their loot tables were nerfed yet again despite that everyone who was actually playing inferno understood that they were never worth killing and that any spawn of a rare unique would waste your time and come at the expense of a real elite who could have dropped actual lootAsclepius4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 1.03 patch thoughts So just looking over the notes: 1. Better item drops Well this will certainly help people stuck on farming act 1, I like the change. Not a whole lot to say about it 2. The Nephalem difference I for one like it as there are way more elite packs than bosses and having at least one guaranteed rare drop looks like a move in the right direction with 5 stacks of NV. 3. Group damage Well I guess it will help some people, but for me it won't change a thing. Regardless of damage buffs to mobs in Inferno, in Act 2 forward I get one-shot killed over 99% of the time. 4. Inferno Balance Could help depending on what they change, the difficulty between ACT1 and ACT2 is just insane. 5. Increased Repair Costs Well I am guessing the Blizzard did this to find another gold sink and encourage people to use the RMAH more so they can profit. Pure and simple 6. IAS nerf What really stinks is the fact that people who payed good gold/money for items with IAS are pretty much ripped. I guess those Lacuni Prowlers I found will be rendered useless, might as well sell em now. 7. Blacksmith & Jewler costs Huh? Why are you reducing the costs of crafting jewels only up to Flawless Square, whats the point? Flawless squares drop like crazy in the later acts/difficulties, who is wasting their time making these?MetalmaT0 Jun 19, 2012