General Discussion

May 29, 2012 Best drink and munchies for Diablo 3 I don't eat while playing personally, but I enjoy vanilla Coke! :) Sound off!roovis0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 I don't have the patch! When I launch it, it says my game is up to date? Whats happening?edgehead1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 It will be up by 1pm so there you go.Cashundo0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 patch problems...please help It keeps telling me that i have to do the patch ...but i did it and it says " game up to date" then it says "must download patch etc" and then "game up to date when it goes back....I can't great the cycleBoobieCakes0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Graphic card problem AFTER update So i updated my Radeon 4200 HD yesterday and after i updated my game has been having all kinds of glitches before the update i had no problems with graphics except for lag (which was expected due to !@#$ty graphic card) but it could run without glitches after the update its all pixelated and everything i have also had a problem with LoL could i have downloaded the wrong update or somthing?MxZeal0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 patch note available 1.02 Diablo III Patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749 Classes Monk Active Skills Serenity Skill Rune - Tranquility Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second Bug Fixes For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Bug Report forum. General Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in The "Select a Hero" menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader Achievements All players in a party should now receive "Till Death Do Us Part" even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower Acts Act IV Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it's launched a Firebomb but before it's reached its target Auction House The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player's activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?" Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab The "Physical Damage" Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to "Bonus Minimum Physical Damage" The "All Damage" Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues Battle.net The public chat list will now sort alphabetically Classes Witch Doctor Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipmentdjdion4 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Patch required Can anyone tell me if its just me or is everyone having this problem. I click play and I'm told "A new patch for D3 is available. The game will now close and apply the patch automatically. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied". It takes me back to where you first click PLAY and on the left hand side of it says "game is up to date" And it keeps taking me through this cycle. Any help?BilboBaggins5 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Was the diablo 3 Collector's edition... Supposed to give me some free time in world of warcraft? Keep reading about it but don't really know much.Jenrais3 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 How do I know what my item is worth? Hey fatties. I am wondering how to price items. I been selling a bunch of crap for like 25k easy. Well, I sit and wonder...was that worth more than 25k? I don't know. It makes me so anxious inside that my wiener drips like a leaky faucet into my pants, and I spend my days smelling like a public urinal. Please, won't you help?MatteyH1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Gold AH is good, but risky at the same time. I personally love the idea of the auction house, spending cash for items, because im not a type of person who can spend whole days farming just for certain gears I want. The real money on the other hand, makes me worried a bit because if you see all the drops- from inferno act 1 and 2, they are pretty much useless for act 3 and 4. For example, you will NEVER get ANY weapon that has higher than 900 dps. You will NEVER get an armor piece that has high enough stats/resistance to progress act 3 and 4. MOST of the items that are good in AH are all from act 3 and 4, farmed by very limited numbers of people with very cheesy way, which also, is the way Im farming gears from act 3 and 4. Being said, the price for items in the auction house will be manipulated by the certain number of people since all the gears that worth purchasing are from act 3 and 4. Its fine if the farming people in act 3 and act 4 are not too greedy, and put up items with reasonable prices, but what if they all begin to seek higher profits and cause some serious inflation? Spending over 100 dollors just for one gear piece would be a bit too much for most people, but then I see it will be happening as soon as the gold auction house starts running. Some people may say good items can be found in act 1 and 2, such as set items and legendary gears, but I wonder if they ever checked the actual stats of them. They are worse than most blue/rare gears you can get all the time from act 3 and 4. To be more specific, you will find bows that are around 300~500 dps with some stats on them from act 1 and 2. What you will see from act 3 and 4 are the bows 900~1400 dps with amazing stats that drop all the time. So, no matter how many players farming act 1 and 2, trying to sell things at the auction house, their items will simply get ditched out by the items that are farmed by the very few limited people. Sorry if my english is a bit broken, it is not my mother language.Arugal0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Do NOT buy Diablo 3 When I pay money I should be able to play the game anytime I want Well not in this case, it constantly being bombarded with updates and server overloads and guess what? Auction commodity house never work and never will work! What a fail game, seriously. I wish they would put a warning on the box saying "this game is underdevelope and unstable".WitchDoctor1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Main Cities like WoW? Healing Class? Do you think it is a good idea for blizzard to make multiple servers and main cities within them where everyone can meet up in the game and use an in-game auction house (like WoW)? Also, how come there isnt a main healing class for multiplayer?Dubstorm0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 "Game is already running" issues - READ HERE For those of you having issues starting the game up after applying the patch (which should be anyone who is playing on US servers), it's happening because the game servers are still unavailable. The errors taking place are happening to everyone. Nothing is wrong - the patch is released so people can update their systems; this way, they can play as soon as the servers become available. Keep in mind that we are still in the maintenance time window, everyone. We will be able to play soon. :)AdamApple2 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Referral Link please :) http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f1a19dde44e2879286660Alexio170 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Battle.net is down Battle net is down for maintenance, Error 33. :( i'm not happy, i worked 8 hours during the day, and just wanna play diablo3 for 2 hours at night, and server is down now. sad face now...ZYM5 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 So 1.0.2 went from this week to tonight? I don't enjoy complaining, at all. I'd much rather be farming act 3 inferno. However I read the 'Game Design Update' with great interest, and expected to see a hefty patch this week and a followup a week or so after. So why am I not happy that said patch is actually launching tonight instead of this week? Well, dear reader, I am disappointed with Blizzard's ability to communicate. I check the recent blue posts but apparently they aren't updated often, and what I do see is Bashiok and his posts consisting of 80% is tongue-in-cheek the customer is stupid gosh why do I have to make these pedantic appearances on the forums, and the latter 20% actually helpful information or understandable "we're working on it." Your big announcement said 1.0.2 within a week and 1.0.3 soon after. That very night 1.0.2 is coming along with an eight hour downtime. No patch notes, nothing with actual technical detail on the changes being made. This all seems very disconnected. However, I sincerely believe that most of us players can handle the actual notes on the mechanics of the skills you keep changing without our heads exploding too much. We've all paid for the game already so please fill us in on the changes, we'll figure them out eventually anyway but no before massive forum QQ.nonforma91 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 staff of herding if I make it in normal mode, will I be able to use it in all other modes? Can someone explain how it works?Rukio8 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 CANT LOGIN!??! Because the servers are down http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150112200 learn to read and shut up.Ozgore0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Thank you Blizzard! With all the complaining and crying coming your way Id like to send something positive. Diablo 3 came to be axactly what I expected. A excellent game that further defines the dark and enchanting world of Sanctuary. Thank you for sticking to the atmoshpere and delivering to us another exciting and addictive universe to get lost in. You've listened to players idea's and complaints and continue to polish so we can all enjoy the engrossing universe of Diablo.PocketWeezel0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 You fixed the chest in act II So you actually want me to play the game to get rares? D: meaniesSphinx2 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Interesting result from patch... Bug? When I try to log in, it downloads a patch then tells me to run around in a circle 4 times and then stand on my head until my legs go numb from lack of proper circulation, which at that time i am to crawl to the fringe and pour myself a glass of milk. Anyone else getting the same problem?BOSS0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 new patch i got it but wont let me play the new patch came out today i let it load but it wont let me play pls blizz helpthedarkness1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 I work my hands to the bone To bring you these fine goods.CenterClaws0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 If you think D3 is so bad... D3 players seem to be a bunch of whiners. If you think the game is bad and that Blizzard screwed up so bad then just stop playing. There are plenty of people that love the game and the sales will continue to grow. You can cry and say "Oh I've waited so many years for this and it's not exactly what I wanted!" Well, tough...Blizz didn't make it according to your dreams. Players flamed the first week when the servers were continually down...well, you had millions of players trying to play at the same time...of course it crashed. Blizzard can only do so much. People flame that there is a minor patch and that makes D3 bad. There are some login issues right now but that may only stem from the servers still being under maintenance. I usually stay away from the forums because of all the spoiled babies screaming that they aren't getting their instant gratification but since I can't play right now I thought I'd cruise the site and you whiners are laughable at best and pathetic at worst. Again, if you think D3 is so bad then just quit, there are plenty of other people who love the game.Zoë0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Tuesday maintenance Is this going to be happening every tuesday a la WOW or is this just to get things up and running? In my humble opinion this is something that made the WOW experience very frustrating and one of the few things that left a bad taste in my mouth about the game. I'm hoping the same won't be the case for diablo 3. For starters I don't see the need for it. Secondly without an offline mode we are forced to be limited to internet access. Something great about D2 was you could always play it at the cottage on a rainy day or during times where you had no internet do to whatever circumstances. Anyways I'm loving the game when it is working at this point, but not really liking all the outside factors that seem to be overcomplicated and not needed.METATRONCUBE0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Preparing for Next Difficulty Level Slightly newb question - Currently I am a level 48 barb, very well geared. I'm getting closer and closer to the end of Nightmare. My question pertains to the fact that should I keep farming and get close to a certain level before I enter the next difficulty level? I know I will already easily be 50+ before I finish up Nightmare. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks huns :) -KaryaaKaryaa11 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 new batch won't let you play any server need downlord again? not just USA any servers!! need reinstall game?NARA1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 server down? untill when i didnt see any post about it or anythingVandesdelca1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Yes your patcher is looping...we know The patch has gone out, but the servers are not online yet. Relax your game isn't broken...well beside the whole single player game always needing to be online thing...EvenColder0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 grrr patch what the heck is wrong with this game? i did the patch and then when i try & log in it tells me there is a new patch availablek3nd33zY0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Well done hackers. Finally its my turn.. My account has been hacked and the hacker even managed to change my password to prevent me from logging in. By the time i reset and log in, my items and gold are already gone. Not only did the hacker manage to hack, he/she even manage to get my security question right to change my password.... Oh well.. blizzard should really do something about those hacking issues before they even wanna try to have real money auction. Really wasted my money and time playing this game.Shindou227 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 STOP CREATING NEW THREADS! READ EXISTING ONES seriously everyone having trouble patching the game should have their heads checked maintenance is still on going stop trying to log in and starting your own thread to QQ. seriously the amount of retards in this forum is beyond legendary.Monyo0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Bring it up! When you are done :).Amy0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Feedback (Chance to write to Blizzard) I want to write some good Feedback of the game so far. I hope this thread grows of much more feedback for us to check up on. Yeah not all games are perfect, But they all get patches every month or so, We don't wanna say Diablo 3 is perfect. But whatever I will lol. Diablo 3 is awesome its the best thing that has ever happen to me, Its not just gameplay, its the people, the fans, the classes, new environment, the music, the entire history of diablo is in diablo3, its just perfect!!!!!!! lol. I wake up everyday diablo is on my mind, I am going days with just a hour of game play a day, for the past 3 days. Just been really at the game, I really don't see much flaws expect for common glitches here and there, and more frequent updates on the system. I get a really epic feeling from the game , I spend a lil more time following up on the story. I'm glade to see i can share these experiences playing diablo on such a expansive friend list. The people , the whole world is playing diablo3, or will be. I'm telling you diablo 3 is perfect, It's life thats not perfect, Everyone has something they can do to make the world better. Blizzard is proof , Blizzard shown they put alot of passion in there games, Sad to say i had to watch the relionship with warcraft between blizzard, Idk about those two i wish they never met lol. I liked humans vs orcs, Just becuz in the end i never got to see a orc they was dead. Same as diablo 3, we just keep killing the demons until we dont see em anymore. I like thatSplizzlah0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Don't you guys just hate when You're a !@#$ing idiot and don't even read that maintenance is still going before posting fifty bajillion threads about how terrible the game is because it won't patch? Yeah, me too.fistINurMOM0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Sound & Music / Headset & Speakers Weird title. Need help and i can't find the solution for this, is there a way to get Diablo 3 + Skype on my headset, but still have music through my speakers? atm i got skype on headset and music on speakers, but is there a way to add Diablo also to headset? playing without sound gets kinda weird when u want to get the story or is there maybe a way to get a website to play through another output?Phanero0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Yes yes, servers are not up though, But... If you check WoW realm status, they're going up. So my guess is, give it a shot a few mins after u see all Green arrows there. If I'm wrong, you can always troll me, and cry/scream/chew on more paint chips =pSANDMANSLIM2 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Guys its ok now... Finally. They fixed. The very important bugs. That were affecting gameplay. For everyone.Awisp0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Top 10 things you should know before QQ'ing Pick all that apply: 1. They desired security, Anti-cheating, and to eliminate duplicated items or client side hacks.Thus you have to connect to a server. 2. They didn't view it as cost effective to maintain two separate code bases (to allow an offline version, that still had 1.) because that effectively doubles overhead, and maintenance, for a small subset of solo players who can't have their internet on. Sorry but It is WAY to late to do anything about that. 3. Diablo has always been a primarily multiplayer focused game hence 1. and 2. are more important than your desire to play with your internet connection closed, which 99% us don't bother doing for any other games anyway. 4. Harder difficulties are there for people who want challenge 4b. less hard difficulties are available to those who don't want that challenge 5. Please don't mess up 4. for other people who want a challenge, because you can't figure out 4b. They gave you the right to CHOOSE... now please choose correctly so the rest of the player base (all but 70,000 of the 6 million who haven't unlocked Inferno yet) Do not get a rainbows and unicorns Brony version of Inferno because you keep bashing your head into your own inability to choose the correct difficulty for your skill/gearing. 6. Act like you've been there. Server problems, connectivity and bugs are common place in all PC games, especially multiplayer games. PC's are far more varied and powerful than the console you're used to, on the downside they are harder to develop for, hence the problems and instability which you aren't used to. 7. Loot should be varied, there should be a small chance of a blue rolling better stats than a Yellow or Orange. You will see thousands of blues for every hundred Yellows and a couple Oranges you are much more likely to see an uber rolled blue, it's simple numbers. Don't mistake your selection bias for broken. 8. you have no right to expect to beat the hardest difficulty setting without lots of deaths a couple weeks after the game came out... see 4. 4b. and 5. 9. you are NOT ENTITLED to the exact game you spent the last ten years imagining. If the game isn't even close it's WAY too late now. You're entitled to an entertaining game that works as the Developer intended it should (But see 5.), if D3 doesn't do that for you, It might be best to sell it with your gear/characters (for probably more than you paid if you have anything good at all). And find something that is closer to what you want. 10. you're entitled to complain, even "aggressively complain" (i.e. throw tantrums) but reasoned, and calm criticism will carry more weight, and make you sound less like a knee jerk reactionary pounding his pillow with no clue how PC games work and no consideration for others (see 1. through 10.)Hazred1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 The Auction house and stash interaction. It would be rather efficient to have the ability to toggle through all your Characters inventories and be able to swap things in and out of their inventory and the shared stash in the auction house page. This would save time switching in and out of different characters and in an instance when you need to send an item to the stash but its full and you have to close load your character leave and go back to auction house.Hilbertron0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 not being able to read in High Resolution I been playing D3 for the last few days and I liked just about everything, this is in my opinion perhaps one of the best games I have ever played. But there is one thing that not only bothers me, it does quite a bit. The fact that i play in a high resolution screen (1360X768) and the letters of everything are SOOOOO SMALLL!! This includes chat, items, and even abilities. I have tried adjusting the screen to a smaller resolution and be done with it, but didnt work since the other resolutions dont adjust properly to the screen and the game looks totally stretched. I would like blizzard to please add a feature to keep the resolution but increase the size of the fonts just like in WoW, i mean I know they already know how to do it... Has anyone had the same problem? I´m I missing something?BloodMage0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Health Regeneration To start I like inferno, it's interesting. The difficulty can keep you on your toes at times, but the one thing that really frustrates me is mob health regeneration. What I mean is, lets say you have been working on this champion for 20 minutes and you die say 3-4 times (if your lucky) you go to town to repair and come back to see this mob at full health again. Although I've seen this happen to mobs by just dying and your respawn point was to far away. Correct me if im wrong but I don't remember health regenerating like that in diablo 2. Does anyone else feel like the health recovery is a little broken. Now it could be that I have had to switch to a completely defensive barbarian and I can't down the mobs fast enough, but im not sure. Thank you for your time.Vinncent3 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 web site fix looks like they changed the error message from "your password is incorrect" to "your username or password is incorrect" yea :0) I hope they added an account throttle with excessive failed attempts...Aiax0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Maintenance will conclude at 11:00 AM PDT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxL5umOE6gLemons0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 No, Blizzard didn't fail with the patch http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status - Americas game server = DOWN Please bookmark this for the next time your world is crashing. Also, timezones! 11am PDT = 12pm CST = 2pm EST. Thanks for playingChak1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 lyceam i see no mention of that being fixed in this patch i sure hope they get it open i want my achievements grrgaud0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Is the server up ? Just to ask is the server finish maintenance ?Noobpie0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Game won't update - endless cycle I launch the game and it tells me a new version is available and press "ok". Launcher window opens and it's supposed to download new patch right? Nope, it just says " game is up to date". I press "play" and I get the same message that my game needs to be updated. Endless cycle. Anyone else getting the same problem?Exothermic1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 HELP PLEASE I load my game....patch is updated and when i click play it says ....must apply patch ...game will upload and you can play automatically when it is finished. Then it goes back to update and it says "game up to date" and this cycle keeps !@#$ing happening lol....please helpBoobieCakes1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Game does not update Noticed most of you are able to receive a message upon launching the game for the patch. However, I don't seem to get this and it says that game is up to date when it's still on 1.0.1.9558. Is it just me or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.Warchild0 May 29, 2012