Lore and Story

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the story forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III lore with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
May 4 Diablo III Class Short Stories- Updated As we draw ever closer to the worldwide release of Diablo III on May 15, we have been unlocking more information and short stories for our heroes of Sanctuary on our Diablo III launch site. In case you missed the new short stories we've released, we have all five of them listed for you here. Monk- Unyielding by Matt Burns ... Barbarian- Wayfarer by Cameron Dayton ... Demon Hunter- Hatred and Discipline by Micky Nielson ... Witch Doctor- Doubtwalker by Matt Burns ... Wizard- Firefly by Michael Chu ...Nethaera77 May 4
1d D3 is not scary - why? I found Diablo 1 truly creepy throughout the entire game; The Butcher's room, the boy sacrificed, the darkness... Diablo 2 also made chills crawl up the spine at some places; The Monastery and the jail with all the naked, mutilated bodies The sunny desert and green jungles were not as creepy, but cool nontheless. Act 4 - Hell - was really macabre and terrifying. But Diablo 3... doesn't frighten me. Not at all, anytime. Even though it has the torture Chambers with streaks of blood, instruments of suffering with attached victims, caves, dungeons. But it does not scare you. Why is that? Share with me please.Solidpontus137 1d
1d Diablo's lore has been backed into a corner. I've been trying to think of where the story can go after D3, and I've pretty much given up on it. It can't really go anywhere without being a complete deviation from what Diablo is at its core. In D3, we face not just Diablo, but the Prime Evil. The most powerful version of any evils to originate from the Burning Hells. Along the way we're told our Nephalem powers surpass Uldyssian, who in the Sin War trilogy, was so powerful that he literally willed Mephisto's son out of existence. Then in Reaper of Souls, we face an angel of the High Heavens infused with the Prime Evil's powers. Still kill him. There is nothing else that stands a chance against us aside from another Nephalem, or maybe Trag'Oul if they do something weird. But like I said earlier that makes it cease to be Diablo. As the topic suggests, the lore is backed into a corner. The only way I can see D4 happening is if it's a prequel, set during the days of the original Horadrim, when they were on their original quest to imprison the prime evils. And that's only to get a setting where our character's aren't literal gods.Thanatos13 1d
3d Why does the Necro and WD help? There's just something I can't grasp on. In most fantasy worlds, Necromancers, and Witch Doctors are evil. What made them decide to help Cain and Tyrael? Was there a part of the storyline/lore that I am missing? I understand every other class, but these two.Shayd71315 3d
4d Killing Malthael Spoilers! I know its a dark dread world but Tyreal states that killing Malthel would release the lords of hell. So the story was all for nothing (except good loot)? Is the meaning to set up for adventure mode or is it like the mystic said that the events of the world keep repeating itself? I also wish they had completed the scoundrels story hook with the dagger. Does it mean an expansion was cancelled (poor rots sales)? -Kinetic3 4d
4d I hate the lie of this game Supposedly after the destruction of the world stone, nephalem are being born now with great powers and abilities, and we play characters that are nephalem. However, in reality it is not our characters that are powerful but our equipment. Strip down the most uber 70 rift running toon of all his equipment and he'd be hard pressed to kill zombies in act 1. This is the result of a LIE. And bad writing. We are not powerful, our equipment is. Therefore the story of the nephalem SHOULD be that they were the creators and harbingers of powerful weapons and armor and that only they could wear them, and that now that they're back can again wear and fight with powerful equipment. Then the game story wouldn't be a lie. /end rantVindictivus3 4d
5d MAKE MOVIES I want to see Diablo movies. Make Blizzard. I want.Kristov11 5d
5d Giants chained in Tower of the cursed Who are the giants that are chained in the Tower of the cursed (Heart of Sin quest where you go to kill Cydaea)? I noticed that they have their arms nailed to their own chests and other forms of torture. Are they captured Nephalems from ancient times? Im assuming this since the concept of Nephalems was heavily borrowed from the Bible's depiction of Nephilim as giants, the progeny of the Sons of God and the daughters of men. Your main character happened to be a midget Nephalem was what i assumed, although he was stronger than all the Lords of Hell. Looking at the size of those giants, i think they could crush Azmodan under their boots if they wanted although for one reason or another, they failed to get close enough to stomp on him.PholkLorr16 5d
6d Diablo Legends Lets make a new diablo. The story is amazing, but most players just power level, get gear and grind. Make a new diablo, that incorporates the entire story. From the beginning to the end. Make it just as hard ad D1, with better graphics than D3. bring every hero created, expansion, and item. Make one giant Diablo realm, with an actual pvp system, (i.e. let anyone enter, even if they intend on killing a player (that option can be selectable)) with extended item options, like enchanting. Similar to what the cube currently gives. I think this is the way to restore the Diablo franchise back to the awesomeness that it is. If this comes into effect i'll start buying a lot of activision/blizzard stock.MtlHed2 6d
6d Diablo 3: King in The North Apparently, this was supposed to be the second D3 expansion, but they canceled it because D3 was leaking money. The content we're seeing now were all cannibalized parts of King in The North, such as the zones. On a pure lore perspective, what does "King in the North" mean? Based on the ending of Reaper of Souls, where it's heavily implied the Nephalem can be both good and evil, does this mean this "king" had awakened his Nephalem powers and are thus going to threaten Sanctuary?Zanyuki7 6d
6d DROOD PLS Pls, gimme. Thanks. :s -- I just bought d2; if that tells you anything about the 'feel' of d3.Bowflexin1 6d
Jul 13 Why Did Maghda Kill Deckard Cain? I'm playing through the campaign again with the new Necromancer and it occurred to me that Maghda had absolutely no reason to kill Deckard Cain. In fact she had every reason not to. She tells Deckard Cain to repair the sword or she'll kill Leah. Deckard then asks Maghda why she wants the sword. Maghda monologues like a good Disney Villian and tells him her master Belial wants the sword. Then Maghda proceeds to mortally wound Deckard Cain instead of Leah? She attacks the person she needs to complete the sword? And only because he asked a simple question. It's not like he was refusing. If Maghda felt it would take long to convince Deckard Cain to do what she wanted why not just teleport them all to some dungeons? And I thought Leah was a stupid character but Maghda actually beats her by lightyears. It's honestly the worst writing I've seen in a long time and I can't believe I didn't notice it the first time around playing it years ago.BrainstrmSrg7 Jul 13
Jul 13 Necromancer Hair Colour? Please excuse me if this has been asked and answered but I vaguely remember this question from a Q&A or on some forum or something but never heard the answer and after doing a play through and talking my !@# off with everyone I still have not gotten any answer? Might have missed it due to my overwhelming urge to constantly impale demons with bone spears... So if someone would be so kind as to tell me why the Necromancers' hair is white, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!Necrovex3 Jul 13
Jul 13 Dirgest is a corrupted Nephalim Just finished the story for the first time with a Necromancer Priestess (well, acolyte as it turns out) and through her conversations with Shen; cottoned onto the notion that Dirgest must be an even more corrupted version of Kulle. Probably much older too. Lots of really interesting Lore in the Necro storyline. I really enjoyed it. Thanks Blizz! :)Paladinrja0 Jul 13
Jul 12 Belial should of faked his death For the lord of lies he was really REALLY obviously disguised as the kid in act 2. If he is truly the lord of lies it would make sense that he staged the whole thing to fake his death so, 1: the players would stop trying to hunt him down and murder him, and 2: so the other lords of hell would think he was dead. This would allow him to wait until all his competition was dead and allow him (a much physically weaker lord of hell) to gain control of the dominion of not only the other lesser evil's but the prime evils. Diablo 4 seriously should consider him as the main villain with the newly released Prime Evils attempting to take hell back from him while the player is manipulated into hunting down and containing the prime evils(so their power can be absorbed by him via the same way Diablo did in act 4) by a disguised Belial.TheCiaran16 Jul 12
Jul 12 how long is the story i started on xbox one. and i was wondering how long it would be. i haven't played storied before just the sessional type. i just transferred to xbox one from Pc.Neko1 Jul 12
Jul 11 The Discovery of Sanctuary I just did like 30 runs of the Fields of Eternity looking for this books and couldn't find even 1. I know they look like the Azmodan messengers, but I think they are either bugged, or the spawn rate is ridiculous. Any tips on this?Wisak2 Jul 11
Jul 10 how to make the story of diablo 4 not suck Quit killing off our favorite characters. Quit destroying our favorite settings. Tristram is supposed to be the center of the game, not some ruins you pass by as an afterthought. The great evil is coming from Tristram cathedral, not anywhere else. The final battle takes place in hell, against Diablo. Deckard Cain plays the role of narrator and trusted advisor. Griswold fixes your gear, and Wirt is the one who dashes your hopes with crappy gambles. And Adria is off on the edge of town, doing whatever it is she does out there. There is no exploring the world, it's just delving the depths of the cathedral to see how far down it goes. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel. Just make another *Diablo* game, taking advantage of everything you learned from the debacle that was the original Diablo 3 release. The mechanics feel good now. Combat is fun. The auction house is gone, thank god. Loot actually drops now. Paragon and rifts were good ideas. Chasing primals and reforging/enchanting for those perfect rolls gives you a reason to keep playing. And bounties, well, at least we can do challenge rifts instead soon. These things are good. Keep them. Reaper of Souls was a decent apology for the insult that was Diablo 3. But there are still many things that the older titles did better. Leveling up didn't feel like a formality, since you didn't gain your skills in the exact same order every time. It was a time to try out new builds or play a challenging variant build. That part of the game is dead still. There was also an active trading community, because you could trade any piece of gear with anyone at any time. None of this bind on account, only tradeable to specific people, only if it comes from certain approved sources, only if you haven't modified it in any way, and even then only for two hours after it dropped. There was an offline mode, where you could play hardcore without lag being the #1 killer of characters by far. Frankly though, I would be okay if the next Diablo still had these flaws, as long as the world felt like Diablo again. I don't want to teleport around the world doing random errands for a neutered version of Tyrael. I want to go to Tristram, stay a while and listen.Cheesewheels5 Jul 10
Jul 10 Necromancer's name and gender Has blizzard actually given what the canonical name/gender for the new necromancer is? I am getting the pack and I have a character of every class set with the right name and gender since they are all known via some means: (I have taken these more from HotS rather then the short stories since they (most) do not specify that they are going to Tristram. Wizard: Li-Ming (female) Witch Doctor: Nazeebo (male) Monk: Kharazim (male) Demon Hunter: Valla (female) Crusader: Johanna (female) Barbarian: Sonya (female) (Given the ratio a male would even it out) Still I have yet to find info on 'who' the necro really is.WarGiver8 Jul 10
Jul 7 The Chosen Are all Diablo comics of this "quality?" Blizzard really HAS slashed the budget for this game.starcraft1111 Jul 7
Jul 6 Looking for more Lore resources As the topic says are there any books or site with official or even unoffical lore?circus1 Jul 6
Jul 3 So who defeated Diablo in the second game? I know the Warrior did it in the first.Burpcycle3 Jul 3
Jul 3 WAIT: Are All The D2 Heroes DEAD? At the end of D2 Tyrael throws his sword into the world stone. BUT before he does he gives the PCs a town portal they can take back to Horrorgath before we see the end cinematic. That all makes sense. HOWEVER.... In D3 Tyrael explains that the reason he falls from Heaven 20 years after for his "transgressions" and not immediately is because it took TWENTY YEARS for his body to REFORM. The blast was so powerful, it kersploded him along with most of the people on the mountain (who also went insane later if I'm not mistaken). Thus....it is possible they did not survive. I dont recall if it was stated somewhere they actually didn't.Mijuu41 Jul 3
Jul 2 Tethamet - the original big bad I'm writting a fan fic on the current topic which is a culmination of several other events, all logically cannon but some not in the official lore, the basic idea is the final boss of Diablo 4 should be Tethamet, if people are aware of the cannonical story of creations story they will know it originated with the fight between Anu and Tethamet (Tethamet being all the evil Anu cast of of himself, (like kami and piccolo, wanted to say that)), the 7 evils were formed after the destruction of Thethamet and each is a former head of this big bad, his body being the burning hells and his essence/soul, thing, i believe is the Abyss that is spoken of. when the evils die they are said to return to the abyss to slowly reform over time then returning to the eternal conflict, this is the first time the evils have been in the abyss together since Tethamet's fall, the logical progression may be the nephalem entering the abyss to fight the newly reformed Tethamet(in a weakend state) in his own realm, sort of like a prime evil, but genuinely scary, like, 7 headed dragon scary, the fan fic encapsulates much of this and includes a temporary cease fire(not like mephisto's cease fire... liar) a potential return of Anu in a weakend form as well where the final fight is a contested struggle between many involved not just the nephalem being the "hero" being able to rise to every challenge like a Sayian but a combined fight which reinforces the mortality of the nephalem but maintains a large ammount of their strenth, just they can't do it all themselves thoughts???EdwardNess5 Jul 2
Jun 30 Leah is alive? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYkPkwUkryA&t=0m50s In a new Diablo legendary skin for Heroes of the Storm, he has some interesting voicelinesKosuna14 Jun 30
Jun 30 New Diablo Look Tease? Okay so i got an image of diablo fighting the nephalem in my email, this diablo had the head of D3 but the body of the classic and it got me so hype. I bought the dlc mostly to see the new diablo but havent found any traces of him. Somebody know what happend or if blizzard was just cruel and baited me.Wonker2 Jun 30
Jun 29 Sin Lords (Azmodan's Lieutenants) (Spoilers) I've heard that Eirena talks about them once you pass one of the large flay demons in A3 but I can't seem to get her to talk about it. What does she say about them? Gluttony and Lust are covered but, I can't seem to find anything about the other 5.Graverobber9 Jun 29
Jun 27 Why didn't Leah believe Deckard? I mean, in universe the events of D2 and D1 aren't that long ago, like why does she not believe the recent history of Sanctuary? The town is being overrun by undead at the beginning of the game and she still doubts Deckard's stories and the existence of angels and demons? I DON'T GET ITSpec12 Jun 27
Jun 26 Chances of Hellfire impacting Diablo? Hello, originally Sierra owned the rights for the add-on Hellfire, but Sierra was later bought by Activision Blizzard. I am consequently wondering if we could hope to see one day Hellfire brought back to life, one way or another. I know this expansion is not canon and not super popular, but i liked it. I think it would be appreciated to see new physical of this now super scarce add-on, or bringing it for free for battlenet accou,ts as it is currently possible to get Starcraft for free. Itis very hard to find copies in good shape and prices are often beyond 40-60 dollars for this add-on. Sice Blizard has the rights i see no major obstacle.mageoflight2 Jun 26
Jun 25 Why is there no Diablo movie??? Dear Blizzard, After reaching Act 2 and watching your in-game cinematics, I would pay dearly for an IMAX ticket to a Diablo saga done in your cinematic-game style on the big screen. Your computer graphics rendering are just an inch short of perfection. And the direction (so far in what I've seen) is really good! Worthy of several directors efforts in Hollywood ... Is there any consideration being made at all for a full-length film? And not a live-actor film. One done in your particular style. That would rock hardcore! Kudos to your rendering and art direction team for making a really great story. So far. :) Loving the game. Thank you!Dogpaws7331 Jun 25
Jun 19 who is it Ytar ? The monk quotes him several times.JiHairo8 Jun 19
Jun 10 Completing the Diablo Story Line A lot of you have asked (and rightfully so) how we could possibly wrap up the story in any meaningful way, have more epic battles than the Prime Evil itself and have the plot holes in the story mainly wrapped up. I'd like to see if I could sell any more of you on my idea on how to truly bring this story back to greatness. A lot of advertisers like to start with testimonials. I copied in a few kind words, if you don't believe just me. ... ... ... What this means in game terms: Two new character classes New levels such as the Ruins of Sescheron and The Plains of Despair Epic boss battles and new allies Runes and new gems (diamons, opals, etc.) So here's the links, they're also posted inside each thread. Chapter 1 Salvation: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760137530 Chapter 2 Revelation: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5740846676 Chapter 3 Rebirth: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5794090255 Chapter 4 Reunion: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5794080429 Happy reading!Melancholy1 Jun 10
Jun 6 Diablo 3 Story Rewritten There's a lot of dissatisfaction from the fandom about Diablo 3's story, including the recently launched Reaper of Souls expansion. As a fan of the Diablo lore, it was a bit of a letdown for me as well. So instead of complaining about every little detail that went wrong, I decided to just rewrite the story in my own version. Some of the things I focused on fixing include: better death for Cain, better mortalization of Tyreal, better character development for Leah, more competent Lords of Hell and Arch Angels, story that flows better from D2LoD, and consistent progression rather than becoming stale. This is my version of the story: a fan-fiction about how D3's story should have been told. For those who'd care to read it, enjoy. :) Diablo 3 Opening Cinematic *Sketch Animation* Proper introduction of the world followed by a very brief recap of the lore. Decard Cain narrates. "Sanctuary... The world of man. A safe haven hidden from the eternally raging war.. between the angels of the High Heavens and the demons of the Burning Hells. But our fate was forever changed when the three Lords of Hell, Mephisto, Baal, and Diablo, entered into our world... With the help of the Arch Angel of Justice, Tyreal, a valiant group of heroes emerged and slayed the Prime Evils! But the Worldstone that kept our world safe had already been corrupted... To save humanity from this corruption, Tyreal was forced to destroy it... Now, with the Worldstone gone, the forces of evil are on the move... The end days.. are upon us all...!" Cue epic music. *CG animation* All different kinds of demons are emerging from the beneath the earth in epic manner. Then comes Azmodan with all his fat and glory. "The time has come for the Burning Hells to consume this world! I, Azmodan, shall rule all!!!" His menacing laugh fades into the thunderous chorus of demon roars, followed by the game's title: Diablo III.BlizzGamer14 Jun 6
Jun 3 What happens to Malthael after Act V? Spoiler The nephalem defeats Malthael at the end of Act V... but we know that angels and demons respawn after death, hence why Tyrael had to put the demon souls in soulstones. Now Malthael was killed by the Nephalem but doesn't that mean all he is going to do is just respawn in the high heavens? Same with his followers.... Or is he like Tyrael after destroying the Worldstone that he needs a long time to reconstitute himself? Either way, I don't think Malthael is gone at all and the plot is rather vague on what happens after. What are your opinions on this? Or is there an explanation I missed somewhere?Dierdrea37 Jun 3
May 29 Vasily and Fiacla The Lord of Destruction manual says that Fiacla-Gear was the original druid and brother of Bul-Kathos. In the Sin War trilogy and Book of Cain, the name Vasily was mentioned, and his description was the same as Fiacla. Is there any account that says the two names refer to the same person?Ascalon0 May 29
May 22 Darkening of Tristram lore. Hey Blizzard I test the Darkening of Tristram on the ptr and love it, BUT i think its a little bit i mean very simple "go old tristram and there is a portal"....... i think its boring. Maybe you can add some story element for that, example the player go to the old ruins and found nothing.... than a spirit come and walk to the center, and the player can talk to this spirit and the spirit say he can show what happend that long years ago and buuummmm open a portal. ( The spirit may look like a knight or a boy and hes name maybe just Echo of the past ) After than the player kill Diablo and the cinematic is done that spirit come and now hes name is Aidan or Albrecht and open a another portal to go bcak the old ruins and some dialog happening there and done. i thinks its more better than hmmmmm ok there is a portal oke i kill diablo lets go home.Bulcatos7 May 22
May 20 What causes "awakening" of nephalem powers? I understand the shattering of the worldstone and such. My question is referring to what actually "triggers" the Nehalem powers? For instance, following the breaking of the world stone, what triggers the awakening of wizard or barbs powers over say Asheara or anyone else. Not sure if this was ever mentioned in-game or books, but was curious.Aoo1 May 20
May 20 Necromancer short story I'm curious if there's any information about a Necromancer short story in the works for the Game Guide page. Do they normally just pick a writer they already have in house, or do they post a job on the big ol' job page? I took a look already on the careers page, but the only Writing/Editing job was for Content Strategist. Is writing lore under a different heading, or should I keep my eye on jobs added to Writing/Editing? Basically, if there's a place where a writer would stick a resume and link to their previous works, where would that place be?DJSuptic5 May 20
May 19 Suggestions for the Future of Diablo. Initially, I did post this in General because I didn't know how to navigate myself in the forums. I still don't but I did find this page about Lore and Story, so I'll try posting it here as well. I recently went through the lore and some suggestions popped into my mind that I'd love to see in the game. I am not requesting an answer on wether or not these suggestions has already been contemplated to be implemented into the game, I simply want my ideas to possibly light a spark for future development. Take it as you may. 1. To start things off, I'd like to say that I adore the lore and would like the Story Mode to get a bit more sunshine than it's currently getting. 2. I think it is obvious that we all expected to fight Imperius at the very first play-trough. Act IV already has a lot of bosses and this may be a reason why we didn't get to fight Imperius. Another reason could be because another boss would follow directly after and this would seem tedious. Anywho... Naturally, we wouldn't kill angels (let alone archangels) but if they were standing in the way of the defeat of the Prime Evil, who knows. Auriel, Itherael and Tyrael would surely want to help fight Imperius but the archangel of Valor had many angels at his command and could possibly hold the three captive during the fight. And like in the fight against the Prime Evil, combat could be hindered (and ended) by the same event as in the Imperius-cinematic before the Prime Evil fight. If nothing else, I would love to see the Imperius fight as at least a bounty. 3. Last we heard from Lachdanen was: "And now I wander, cursed by my once beloved king. Evil gnaws at my bones, and I cannot risk putting my beloved Tristram in danger should I fail to contain that which tears at me. I must venture down into the labyrinth to die alone." To me, it seems that once he hears evil voices in his head, he realizes that his king wrestled with these mad thoughts for years. If the good Leoric could not best Diablo, how could he himself stand a chance? Or maybe he's stronger because of the sacrifice he made to try and spare his city? Either way, I'd love to see a corrupted Lachdanan as possibly a unique mob to kill in a bounty. If he somehow managed to find peace, maybe even a quest-giver. 4. Regarding the renegades Inarius and Lilith, Auriel writes: "In the end, Lilith was banished and Inarius was given over to the demons, who have tortured him in the Hells eer since." Now, I realize that Lilith was one of the übers in D2 so maybe we could leave her be. But regarding Inarius, wikipedia states: "The Lord of Hatred took the proud archangel and his followers captive. He bound Inarius with tremendous chains and slowly tore the wings from the back of the angel. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out the once glowing skin and his features were distorted by vile powers. [...] To this day, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity." I realize we already went to Hell and back and back to Hell and back again but maybe we could find a chamber of mirrors with a lidless and misshapen angel therein someday? 5. We have a Barbarian in both games, the Sorceress is like the Wizard, the Paladin is like the Crusader, the Necromancer is coming soon but the Witch Doctor was kind of all about summons as well and the Demon Hunter is kind of a mix between the Assassin and the Amazon. Monk is a cool new addition and even though some might look forward to a Druid-like class in D3, I have a suggestions for a future class. The name is not important but to be a nephalem they could be children of Inarius and Lilith or some other of the Angels and Demons that fled the Eternal Conflict. Maybe instead of male/female, we could choose Angel/Demon. The implementation of the story could be that they had been put to sleep by someone somewhere and only arose because of recent events or something of the like. 6. My last numeral is about the characters that we play as in D2. In the second game, we learn that the characters we played as in the previous one has all succumbed to the darkness. Moreina the rouge captain became Blood Raven and the Sorcerer guarded Horazon's Journal. The Warrior becomes the Wanderer who becomes Diablo and in D3 we also learn that he is king Leoric's eldest son and Leah's father. All we know of the characters in D2 is that the Necromancer took an apprentice and the Sorceress trained Li-Ming. I would love to meet any of the characters or defeat their corrupted counterparts in the future. This is all. I realize some requests might be too much. But if only one is taken into consideration and possibly put into fruition... At least I've made my voice heard ("words read" :S). Thank you for reading!Feryx11 May 19
May 19 Their Alignment Are DH considered evil or anti-heroes of sanctuary? Considering how they operate and deal with demons.MrHatStick4 May 19
May 17 Book of tyreal ? After reading the book and looking at the family tree ive got a few question that im not sure if they have been brought up. 1. We assumed that baal Soulstone was destroyed with the destruction of mt areat could it have survived somehow. 2. Adria was said to have been killed in the badlands wich surrounds areat crater in the family tree its shown her holding a crystal that resembles somewhat baal SS is thta his. 3. Could that SS have boosted her magics enough that she could have sucked the 5 evils into the black SS, since they were already in there at the time we got the black SS.Darthwraith1 May 17
May 17 Diablo IV story theory The lord of terror wants to vanquish all things dark for he likes color. XD (our job is to kill him before he turns the whole game into a colorfest.) In Diablo 3, rainbowland spawned because we didn't kill Diablo in time. Now, following all past events, Diablo will return angrier than ever.Mowze9 May 17
May 15 How does the eternal conflict work? Any angels that are killed are replaced, and demons just respawn from the Black Abyss. So how does the eternal conflict work logistically? Neither side needs to sleep, but demons need to eat. Is it just constant fighting? Or are there long periods of standstill broken when one side tries to attack? I keep looking, but for the life of me I can't find anything that makes sense. Where does the fighting take place? Pandemonium Fortress? The Battlefields of Eternity? What kind of military structure do each side have? Do new angels just pop out with basic training and equipment? So many questions.Soren1805 May 15
May 14 Very sorry if this works I posted a new topic, but it never appeared. Im making a new one as a test. so if this actually works...sorry? Edit: turns out my first post's title was too long. and now i cant figure out how to delete this one. great.Soren1800 May 14
May 10 Tyrael inspired by Jesus? Am i the only one who draws a similarity between the lore? they're not exactly the same, but someone from heaven coming to save humanity...IvanThGreat26 May 10
May 9 Update campaign usefull Update campaign to compeat against other part. One idea I had was instead adding more elites just add the boss fight. Act 1 skeleton king chase you he is unkillable and is on time limit before goes away. While he is active tallies the damage u do. After based on damage you get rewards for level difficulty and damage you did.Stryker2 May 9
May 5 darkening of tristram when i play lvl 5 i come to a door that i cant open it says the door cant be opend yet, why? ? ?Raven5 May 5
May 5 Dear blizzard bring us the Bard. Yes the Bard. Stat class Dexterity. Special weapons: musical instruments. Guitar, drumsticks, lyre, etc. Storyline/Lore. The Bard traveled throughout sanctuary for years singing about the deeds of heros. In his travels he has encountered hordes of monsters that he has had to defeat. Realizing his/her own conquest over evil decides that the time has come for himself/herself to stop singing about others and start singing about his/her own feats while actively seeking out the darkness.Cyaxares5 May 5
May 4 D3 Campaign is Back!? Firstly i have over 2000 hrs on d3 Recently when a new season starts i play for the free digital content (seasonal items) and wait for the next season. D3's whole game is greater rift liner runs. A very high Percentage of people liked it when it still had that d2 feel with campaign being playable, now d3 has a whole campaign sitting there with no difficulty sets like normal, nightmare, hell and inferno now its locked with one play through. it throws out that classic feel to the diablo games. They should of had rifts, greater rifts and ubers as an end game extra by completing the game on the 4 tier difficulty's. example with poe you have to play through the campaign until the last play through then you can do map runs now the whole game is useful not useless sitting there not played. some people just want a rush game with no sense of achievement quick runs and easy loot ok well leave that for adventure mode. The option to fix this and will have an large impact and increase of numbers who will come back to play this because they will see the potential coming back to this franchise is to make the campaign a separate leader board then the current adventure mode by bringing back that classic diablo feel gameplay back with normal, nightmare, hell and inferno and rifts, greater rifts, ubers and d1 area for end game (inferno difficulty lvl 70 act v kill malthael) to unlock end game. All we want is the classic back to diablo 3 Campaign.Spleeno6 May 4