Lore and Story

Feb 4 Journal for us. An idea for player journals. Lots of statistics on your character and many achievements may be earned in a playthrough. That information and combined with time-sensitive info from if the game took snapshots of how you progressed through each quest over time, should be placed in a single journal/book. That's not all. A journal which you can anotate. The publically viewable journal is meant to be up to date as far back as the last solid playthrough of the main story line. I prefer this not be another webpage. But an ingame item or object others may click on. final note: It might be interesting to also log the various names of players who assisted you and when they left along the way to beating the game. With that also the npcs you hired/fired. These are meaningful things to store in the journal automatically.herovillain10 Feb 4
Feb 2 When you run past azmodan... When you run past azmodan's giant hologram head while he monologs without stopping to listen to him, how you think that makes him FEEL? I mean, he is a demon lord, but he still has feelings! How would you feel if you planned this giant 80s cartoon villain speech for the hero, and he just runs past you without stopping, leaving you talking to air! I mean, you can't STOP your speech at that point; that would just look silly! but at the same time, your just talking to empty space at that point! People, please think of the Demon's feelings next time one of azmodan's holograms appear!aleksandor5 Feb 2
Jan 30 The Cultist Pages Actually, I'm just wondering why there is no post here on the "Lore & Story" forum about the Cultist Pages. There's nothing! Not one word on the subject! I mean, Rhykker hasn't even made a video in which he uses the Cultist Pages as clear and incontrovertible proof that Blizzard is working on Diablo 4! Why the silence on the Cultist Pages, "Lore & Story" forum??? Do the Cultist Pages point forward to whatever Buzzard is working on? Are the Cultist Pages meaningless? Personally, I think the silence on the subject is due to the fact that the "Lore & Story" forum is overrun with Trolls. None of them is much interested in discussing news, changes, and other info, so much as they are in attacking people who aren't Obsessive/Compulsive over "The Sin Wars." Only thing that I like about the Cultist Pages is that they show Adria just a little bit of respect. Bad thing about them is that it signals that Bluzzard is going to continue down the path of "Story"!wongkeiying3 Jan 30
Jan 26 Side missions - Haedrig and Myriam? I see that there are side missions for all the main followers and one for Shen, but nothing for Haedrig or Myriam... unless I'm missing something. Just wondering if this could be added in the next patch? I think it's kind of cool that we get to help them out after they have helped us so much.ShamWow1 Jan 26
Jan 26 The second child of terror Alright crazy theory time. Is it possible Diablo had more than one kid? I can't imagine the lord of terror was only into consensual sex. And yes I know that's really messed up but the story is really dark. Personally I'd find a class based around using Diablo's own power against him to be super cool.Slothman1 Jan 26
Jan 18 Could we see the rebuilding of the Horadrim? The Horadrim apparently died out as there was no longer a need for them after they finished with their task in capturing the three. However, now we potentially have 7 evils free roaming about. Perhaps once again it is time for them to reform, to seek out these evils that were freed, and to capture them somehow. This could lead into a whole new expansion or Diablo IV even. The cube we have obtained could be used once again to try and seek them out I suppose. It was said that it was dangerous though when the horadrim tried to use it for their cause. Maybe we can find out how to do so and use it despite the risks to seek out the 7 evils. I guess the main idea here could be that perhaps they are working to bring about the ultimate evil. This in turn leads us to a desperate cause to stop them before it is too late! Not only this but by using the cube to try and aid us the nephalim become corrupted. As a result we have to find a way to balance and control that corruption otherwise it may take hold. The corruption itself could lead to a whole new progression path/idea to become even more powerful. Maybe something like the path of Tal' Rasha? Utilize skills/abilities from the 7 evils in 7 different progression paths. Walla we have talent trees! Sorry just spinning ideas.Furbolg2 Jan 18
Jan 18 Marius's venture into Act 3 First off, I've played Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction for 14 years, it's probably my favourite game franchise of all time for so many different reasons. So don't think of this post as negative, this is a legitimate question. Anyways, what i've always wondered in the story is how did Marius actually manage to end up in the Durance of Hate unharmed and then escaped and lived to tell the tale? How did he get past that huge labyrinth-like jungle filled with not just demons, but a very dangerous environment where there's even animals and creatures that try to kill you. How did he get past the Council members that Mephisto corrupted, and how did he get past the Undead stygian dolls/Blood Lords/Blunderbores/Cadavers. And how did he even get into the Durance of Hate when there was a Compelling Orb blocking the entrance? Okay, maybe I could see someone saying he escaped the place after he was too scared to get past the Infernal gate by simply opening a town portal and leaving the area.....but seriously that's really weak and lame.Whirlwind10 Jan 18
Jan 17 Diablo RoS Ending I never thought about it but....in each ending video our character has flaming eyes and is actually NAKED. After we kill Malthael um...what's happening to us? Tyrael says that one day we will be tempted. Are we ascending? Possibly in a micro Uldyssian way or something? I dont know.Mijuu0 Jan 17
Jan 17 Why is there no Diablo movie??? Dear Blizzard, After reaching Act 2 and watching your in-game cinematics, I would pay dearly for an IMAX ticket to a Diablo saga done in your cinematic-game style on the big screen. Your computer graphics rendering are just an inch short of perfection. And the direction (so far in what I've seen) is really good! Worthy of several directors efforts in Hollywood ... Is there any consideration being made at all for a full-length film? And not a live-actor film. One done in your particular style. That would rock hardcore! Kudos to your rendering and art direction team for making a really great story. So far. :) Loving the game. Thank you!Dogpaws7330 Jan 17
Jan 16 Horadrim Hat Something I've long wondered about: http://i.imgur.com/T98jpOn.jpg This is a drawing of the Horadrim by Metzen. But...that guy in the upper right, with the hat, with teeth surrounding it? What is his name? We've seen no hats like those thusfar in Diablo. It's very unusual. Quietly as it's kept, I sort of wonder if it might be some kind of Dungeons and Dragons reference to Murlynd. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/MurlyndMijuu0 Jan 16
Jan 16 Jondar, The Betrayer As many know, Jondar was a betrayer who turned to Necromancy after leaving the Templar Order. Not much was really revealed about him aside from the conversation with Kormac saying he found Jondar's Journal and questions the orders way as seen with talking to him with either a Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter. He mentions his questioning in Seeking the truth saying: "I have considered what we have discussed, and you are correct. I know little about my past beyond what my order has told me. But what doest it matter? Look what they have done for me. They have turned me into a living weapon, a light against darkness." A Dangerous Journal is where he mentions and wonders if Jondar turned to Necromancy as a way of I want to say defiance of the order (he learned or was possibly figuring out the truth?) In all of my play through's I haven't talked to Kormac aside from this playthrough. I do like his lore and don't wish for spoilers as I am almost done with Act 2's Lore for him, but what's everyone's opinion of Jondar?TrojanKaisar3 Jan 16
Jan 15 The future of Diablo Story Wise. Alright,prepare your tinfoil hats. Spoiler Warning. So this is a topic about my theory on what will happen on the future of Diablo story wise. There are 7 Evils.3 Prime Evils and 4 Lesser Evils.All of them were part of Tathamet before he and Anu died.(Keep this in mind) At the end of Diablo 3,Diablo consumed the Black Soulstone that contained the souls of all the 7 evils in order to become Tathamet.He succeeded in some sense ,by uniting all the souls in one vessel(Lea's and Diablo's body) into becoming the soul of Tathamet,the embodiment of what Tathament was supposed to be.The ultimate evil.As we can see tho Diablo didn't succeed on replicating the body of Tathamet because the previous body of Tathamet was used to create the Burning Hells.Thats why we see Diablo as being rather small seized compared to what Tathamet was supposed to be.The big 7 headed Dragon as legends say.We the Nephalem ofc kill him. After that, Malthael goes rogue and takes the Black Soulstone for himself in order to become more powerful.Thats where Reaper of Souls begins.At the end of RoS we kill Malthael with a new addition to the team... the Crusader and we can see that after the fight the Black Soulstone breaks and all the Evils are released again.Now we dont know in what form the Evils are released.Maybe they got released separately or they got released in the form of Diablo/Tathamet.After that we can see that our Nephalem gains some kind of power surge (in the ending cinematic) while Tyrael discusses on what will happen if the Nephalem was to go rogue aswell.We dont know what that power surge was tho,it could be the 7 Evils(or Diablo/Tathamet) trying to unite with the Nephalem in order to corrupt him and turn him into their side or something else entirely. Now,in the beginning of this thread I told you to put emphasis on this:The 7 Evils. Here is why. There is a new addition to the Nephalem Team as Blizzard announced:The Necromancer class. Now we have 7 classes to play.Barbarian,Crusader,Wizard,Monk,Demon Hunter,With Doctor and the Necromancer(Which we will have to eat for the next 4 years with some lame seasons....but im getting of topic arent I?). Now how many Evils are there?Thats right....7. Now what if in every ending of each class we get to actually see one single Evil giving a "power surge" (corrupting the Nephalem)to one of them thus turning them evil? Here is an Example: At the Barbarian RoS ending we see Diablo giving a power surge(corruption)to our Barbarian thus slowly turning him evil. At the Wizard RoS ending we see Mephisto giving a power surge(corruption)to our Wizard thus slowly turning him evil. And the same goes to each class and their Evil counterpart until all 7 are corrupted. Now in the next expansion or game of Diablo we might get to see this concept.All the classes(the Nephalem)that we played on Diablo 3 and Diablo 3:RoS will turn evil and Tyrael (if not already dead),will have to ask the original bunch of Heroes(Or their apprentices since quite some time has passed and those originals might not be able to fight again as they used to do and thus give the task of protecting all existence to the apprentices) from D1 and D2 to take action against the Nephalem. This is my theory,leave your opinions or ideas about this topic down on the comment section.Corsfor1 Jan 15
Jan 15 The celestial dragon I'm re reading the sin war trilogy being its my all time favourite. (This will be trip number 6 alongside Uldyssian and the gang). Im just curious if Trag-Oul will ever become a significant part of the game?? Having no idea where he actually came from or if he is the only one of his kind. I would love to see him brought into the spotlight again.AnglerFish2 Jan 15
Jan 1 Automatic Cutscene Skip "Automatically skip all cut-scenes" option is enabled by default for new installs of Diablo III, this is a huge issue because I was unaware that the option even existed in the first place and thought it was a bug with my game. Both the cutscenes involving Deckard Cain's death and the end of act one, as well as the scene where magda is explaining things before the Butcher fight, lost all of their impact since I had to go watch them on YouTube after discovering the problem. Please make it so that fresh installs of the game do not have this option enabled.MommaCow0 Jan 1
Dec 28 Diablo Story next chapter brainstorming Since it seems that the next expansion or next Diablo is still a long while off I thought it would be fun to do a bit of brainstorming to see how the story will continue. After Malthael was killed and all the evils where set free where did they go, why have we not seen or heard the smallest hint that they are free and roaming Sanctuary again are they all really waiting to be reborn again or is something else afoot here. They are all trapped in the second soul stone that was created by Zoltan Kull the creator of the Black Soul Stone only this one is not Black it is Red and it will trapp not just Demon but Angels as well. Now that Angels, Demons, Nephalems and the Prime Evil are trapped together, corruption is rife on both sides. We have Angels that are now evil and Demons that are on the good side and worst of all Nephalems that are now evil. One of the first ones to be corrupted was Zoltan Kulls spirit, the Prime Evils convinced Zoltan that all the trapped souls will work together to fullfill his one desire; they will make him a God. But they need to be free to do that and that is the reason Zoltan Kull is back in the game, not to help us, but to help himself. He needs power lots of of it and that is why he told us where the cube was safely hidden. Now when the cube is used some of the power is harnessed by Zoltan to give him enough power to destroy the Red Soul Stone. At the start Zoltan Kull is gone, instead there is a messenger waiting for us. He/she traveled all the way from the South Sea to Tristam to tell us about a huge explosion that was witnessed in the South Sea and that after the explosion hordes of Demons descended to all the lands East and West. To fight the Prime Evils, Evil Angels and the Evil Nephalems we will need to find a talisman that was cut into pieces and scattered around the whole world. Some of the pieces are in long forgotten places and some are buried in the past. I think this would be a good chance to retell some of the Diablo lore for those that only started with Diablo3. For the evil Nephalem I thought it would be really cool to take a snapshot of the first 500 or 1000 or more from any of the leaderboards and have them fight against us with the weapon, armour and fight style they have at that time. The "good Demons" could help us with hints where to find pieces of the talisman or join us in a fight. What would your start be for the next Diablo. I am not a native english speaker, I do apologize for any and all mistakes and if you find any you may keep them :)BlackMystik0 Dec 28
Dec 23 Starcraft/Diablo Crossworlds Diablo x Starcraft ( x Warcraft/Etc.): The original United Earth Dominion expansion into Zerg/Protoss space was infiltrated by Diablo/Hell cultists, in their mad bid to find alien (superior) life fit to serve as a Diablo host via the Soul Gem, to maximize Lord of Terror incarnations strategically. Diablo cultists communicated to Earth via space transmission that yes indeed the newfound Starcraft space is rich with Soul Gem / Diablo takeover candidates, that may include major Starcraft characters, though fresh Starcraft characters may be suitable hosts. This opens the door for Diablo to appear in Starcraft, to make a hostile bid for power, using space dominance in person and militarily. The arrival of the UED fleet may mark the arrival of the Soul Gem, as the UED fleet may be used by Diablo cultists to safely transport the Soul Gem across space toward Zerg/Protoss space and its attractive potential Diablo / Soul Gem host candidates.... At any point in the Starcraft Timeline Diablo may introduce, with contemporaneous Diablo cultist quest/campaign successes to find/capture optimal Diablo/Gem hosts, to strategically establish a base at a cite optimal for Diablo conjuration ceremonies/operations, and so on.... As soon as Diablo is cited and reported across space news networks, any Horadric sleeper agents already in Starcraft space will activate, and fresh forces will be sent from Earth, which will take some time to arrive. Early defeat of of Diablo may give Earth fleets cause to abort, returning home, otherwise yet more factions from Earth would be introduced, all interrelated to the fight against Diablo (an activated sleeper horadric aligned ship would need to set route to Earth with a captured/subdued Soul Gem as cargo to satisfy Earth victory conditions). Efforts may succeed or fail against Diablo, varyingly. For example, Diablo could obtain stable control of space to develop threats to Earth, migrated humans, Protoss/Zerg or other Starcraft groups, while expanding threat capability with research into interplanar technologies, with an aim to use interplanar technology to besiege realms that may include Diablo's Heaven, Warcraft dimensions, or other blizzard realms. Presumably if Diablo were not defeated and enough time were to pass for fresh responding Earth ships to arrive, if no such characters are already in circulation about Starcraft space, then there would be arrival of some interesting future versions of legendary diablo characters (necromancers, demon hunters, monks, barbarians, sorcerers, paladins, witch doctors, and so on).... This premise also presents historical frameworks for other ages of fantasy/science-fiction that may take place between Diablo ages over time into Starcraft ages, assuming that Diablo action takes place on an Earth that eventually goes on to create the Dominion's expansion into Starcraft space so that all factions are historically related. Since use of magic does not appear to be a part of Starcraft culture, explanation of its passage from circulation in classical Diablo times may confer dramaturgy benefits: For example, for cultural or other reasons, magic could have become unpopular for public circulation, or could have been defeated/suppressed by Diablo's Hell invasions. Especially violent invasions from hell could reduce magic using populations, that are subsequently slow and secretive in reforming. Some conceivable historical scenarios could feature cultures of supernatural masquerade, as groups could politically prefer secrecy (Diablo/Horadric/Etc. cultists/Etc. are hunted by each other).Azmaellaugkh1 Dec 23
Dec 23 More than enough material for D3 expansions Hello everyone. I'm a Diablo player since '96. I played it when i was a little kid and i play it now. So much has changed since 20 years ago. I have only words of gratitude and respect for David Brevik, Max Schaefer, and Erich Schaefer ,Blizzard North's co-founders and the designers of the original game, for bringing us the top quality of that time. I'm not here to write a book. But it also wont be short.So either read it all or leave right now. This post is reserved for the people that actually care about Diablo. If you are not familiar with the history of D1 u can follow up here. It has about 90% of the info about D1 that you need http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/D1_Lore If there you are not familiar with the D2 lore please do visit this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_II And also, if you don't like to read here is a fan made video that explains it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWk0oe9AYt4 Long story short, lets jump now to the present. To Diablo 3. After defeating Malthael you have destroyed the Black Soulstone which Malthael used to imbue himself with the powers you have imprisoned. With him ded, not just Diablo, but all 7 evils walk the earth now. For people who don't know. Who and what 7 evils are here is a reference link to that http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Evils So now, when children of Tathamet (http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Tathamet) walk the earth again. There are infinite amounts of material that can be worked with. To people that already know all or some of this this will be more than enough without even me writing anything. But still, lets continue. This is the way i was thinking things can go. Chapter VI : Evils walks the earth, Imperius is still an !@#, world has forgotten about the threat, only a few remember and everyone takes them for granted. Prime evils return to what is know as the foundation of Hell ( a place where Tathamets body fell and created the foundation of hell ) and they are trying to unite their power to ressurect Tathamet ( possible, since they are all part of Tathamet) . It is up to Nephelem again to unite with every ally that is willing to join him and stop the prime evils from creating a "prim-er :D" evil. It can be made that the Nephelem managed to kill some of the lesser evils along the way and that only a part of Tathamet is resurrected. Or that Tathamet is resurrected in its full power and that the Nephelems only chance to win is to journey to a place where either angel, demon or men never went to, a journey to The Eye of Anu in order to find the power... This can also lead to Chapters VII VIII IX and X. If the developers pay attention to the details. Imperius is a hot head and he can be corrupted easy in my opinion. World can be bent , ressurrection of Anu can be done, last stand of Humans and Angels can be made. Nephelem may die and become a martyr to be resurrected as an Angel, or by Anu as a higher being. Even Tathamets can win and the only way be4 the world itself is destroyed is that the Nephelem goes to a portal that will take him back in time, step by step trough d2 d1 and before d1 or directly at the battle of Anu and Tathamets. The choices are countles but i think that the structure of this lore is good. Also, there are a few more things that should be added to Diablo. Battlegrounds : I'm not rly a fan of pvp in this game, not that i hate pvp, its just that it cant be balanced with the mechanic of the game. But Diablo can bring us cooperative battleground vs its finest legions of Hell. Starting as : 1. The Siege of Azmodan ( or last stand of Humans and Angels if that lore that i was typing about gets accepted ). Where u must defend the Castle with players having the objectives to raise catapults, light the fires, deffend the courtyard (same like in the story mode but with a new map, waves of legions of hell. 2. Team survival. Take on waves and waves of monsters and bosses on every (x) count of waves to see how far you and your friends can go. It may be the new Grift. Featuring rewards as items, gold, gems, sets etc depending on how high you can go solo or with your team. 3. Raids, instead of 4 bring 8 or 10 and make a Raid. Not just to anywhere. Make a raid with lesser bosses and the final boss that req's tactics and such. It can be rly good. I rly hope that someone from Diablo team will at least have a look at this and give me a feedback.If anyone has something to add or take, please leave your comment below. There is more than enough material for Diablo to continue. And to be honest, as one of the most respected games by the school and the old school it deserves nothing less. Thank you for your time.Kizame10 Dec 23
Dec 16 Story full or half?! Guys i recently purchase diablo 3+diablo 3 reaper of souls from the store,both cd's,and i have a question,if i play expansion (reaper of souls) i make the hole story (diablo 3 and diablo 3 expansion) or just the story of reaper of souls?i saw on youtube you start from another point in diablo 3,i mean in reaper of souls you start in a city,in diablo 3 you start in the woods.I'm noob,maybe this is a stupid question but i really want to play the hole game!!!Sorry for mistakes,english is not my native language.BeyondPain1 Dec 16
Dec 15 Explain this joke, please? Explain this joke, please? Scoundrel: Would you like some wine? Monk: You steal wine from drunken sots, do you not? Scoundrel: It isn't stealing if I give them wine in return. Thank you.Johnsdad1 Dec 15
Dec 13 Horazon's Dream? Is the Horazon's Dream named rifts are the same dreamed place from the 1st book? or they are just random? I mean where the Kara the Necromancer stuck with old Horazon?Xfinity0 Dec 13
Dec 13 What did she call me? At some point in Act 5, I'm pretty sure it was the Mystic who called me (a Wiz) a "solcharis." My vocabulary isn't too bad, but I did a double take at that. And the reason my vocabulary is decent is when I don't recognize a word, I write it down and look it up later. I did a search for "solcharis," and the 2-3 search engines I used all insist I've made a mistake. Nothing recognizes that word. It seems entirely made up, but that seems odd for just "idle chatter" from an NPC. Any feedback?Tashtego25 Dec 13
Dec 13 Why couldn't the Black Soulstone Why couldn't Tyrael and the Angels destroy the Black Soulstone?celebrei46 Dec 13
Dec 12 Diablo as DnD setting I am a long time Diablo fan. Diablo 2 was my gateway drug into online gaming. Now i am a Dugeon master for my friends when we play Dungeons and Dragons. Soon we will start a new campaign and I would like to turn the diablo Universe into a DnD Universe. with the story starting after diablo 1 (since it was a single player game and diablo 2 introduces a nices place to start with a group of multiple people) I have been researching with the lore and everything. Now im starting with converting Act I of Diablo 2, does anyone know where i can find a nice map of khanduras that i can use? I have the world map which is really nice. but a more detailed map would be even better. Also any other tips would be great. If wanted I can also keep this thread updated for if other people want to use it.Raigomaru2 Dec 12
Dec 4 Necromancer. Death & dark magic There is a new character being created. The necromancer. With a clear but murky brush-stroke I paint a vision of what I anticipate. Though I don't expect it, it would be good if these words were heard. Diablo II, where upon the User was prompted with the choice, of 5.. and then 7 characters. It was not entirely the Fighting Style that would fit the User, but the fashion, presentation and nature of the hero, or character. what is the nature or method of the necromancer. harnessing the power of the death. drawing energy from Death. It said they were interested in the balance between life & death and the entrance of Diablo into the mortal world upset this balance.. So based on the precept - which all the priests of rath'ma lived in accord - they set off to take part in the Sin War. It is impossible to reconcile this motive, with the noble duty of someone, whom thought it be in their best interest to embark on a quest never-ending, only to make right an imbalance between good and evil. It has been emphatically said that the necromancer, dabbled in the dark arts. In otherwords a practical magic that could be: 1) subversive to accepted order. 2) Immoral and considered inimical 3) Something that deforms the very Law of Nature The fascination or practice of their magic, must be considered morbid and ill.. for many reasons. As they meant, with purpose in their works to defy nature. And bend it to THEIR will.. So, I conclude in saying it is impossible that Necromancers, entered the Sin War to merely restore balance to the world. They only sought to destroy the Prime evils, because THEIR presenece threatened the aureole of their powerful order. So with that I hope that the necromance wields some REALLY diabolical and dark magic!! I hope he is tremendously strong and more menacing than the crusader!!PrincePookie1 Dec 4
Dec 2 Necromancer, future expansion character? There are many players who agree that the Witch Doctor class pales in comparison to the Necromancers. There are those who argue that the Witch Doctor class is sufficient and there is no need to rehash the Necromancer class. But the Necromancer was much better in terms of scale, creatures, and golems. How many would agree, we need the necromancer back?SAL197948 Dec 2
Dec 1 Lore-centric role play clan? Hello forum members, I'm interested in playing with a clan that is into role playing and focused on the canonical lore of Diablo 3. I've tried to dig up any sort of clan like this but haven't been able to with any googling. I'm totally interested in starting one of these up. I used to play with Scythe of Sylvanas on Wyrmrest Accord and played a lot of DnD and stuff like that. Any existing clans would be coooooool though. Thanks! ~WormcrudLordSkvll4208 Dec 1
Nov 30 Sorceress class was killed by Assassin Class? In D3 with mage class you see Isendra in Pandemonium Fortress and she says she was killed by Viz-Jaq'taar assassin. The Assassin class (D2) is a Viz-Jaq'taar, so, is the Assassin class the sorceress's murderer? Or is other Viz-Jaq'taar? Sorry for my english Greetings!Necrosummon5 Nov 30
Nov 25 Captain Haile for Lord Commander of Westmarch Citizens of Westmartch, our King is dead, our world is devastated by the Angel of Death and now we need a new leader who'll aid us in rebuilding what is left behind. I would like to Nominate Captain Haile for his bravery and loyalty to his soldiers. He can help us rebuild and defend ourselves from what ever attack that will come at us whether it's from Demon Hordes, Angry Angels, or even plain old looters and bandits. Just look at his daughter and see the kind of strength and determination he inspires in those around him.Kylatia2 Nov 25
Nov 24 Good vs. Evil. Why doesn't Blizzard create a story line and classes so people can play as the side of evil, that way it would bring the game to a different level.dragon2 Nov 24
Nov 15 Diablo books in order. Can someone please list the diablo books from first to last? I'm done with all the old republic and wow books. I think I would really like to get into the diablo ones. TY.Idriveavette44 Nov 15
Nov 13 Is Zhar The Mad Canon? I'm just wondering. After Rhykker asked me about it in a stream today, I decided to look around, but sadly I can't find ANY info about who he is in the Diabloverse lore-wise. Is he even canon, or is he just a fun reference character to Lovecraft Mythos (Zhar is a character in said Mythos)? If he is, is there a book I can read that touches on Zhar? I know he's not in the Book of Tyrael.StormyFacade2 Nov 13
Nov 12 Follower dialogue in adventure mode/rifts? Is it just me (or a setting somewhere) or do followers not have any dialogue with the player in solo adventure mode? I remember when playing in campaign (pre-ros) every follower had different conversations with your character based on your class and gender. And that was awesome. Sure, it got a bit repetitive but I loved listening to them and looked forward to trying other classes with all followers to see what dialogues would come about. I haven't heard any of that in a really long time now.... and I'm pretty sure they just don't talk anymore (at least outside of campaign which no one ever plays anymore) which is a real shame. And I would love to have the feature re-enabled (or have a toggle) for those of us who like to solo with out followers :).Pzypro3 Nov 12
Nov 10 About Leah in later expansions.... (spoilers) Just finished the ending with a couple friends.... I was quiet disappointed.... I was hoping there could be anyway to save Leah at the end... /cry But as the Black Soulstone fell down the heaven, there were no traces of Leah to be found... = / Will there be anyway to purify and save Leah in the later expansions...? Please~~ Blizzard!! I beg you!! Let us save Leah like how we saved Kerrigan in SC2.Sunny120 Nov 10
Nov 10 Could it be? Maybe there's a reason why the necro coming so late? In the trailer and lore it is said that the priests of rathma(necros) are to keep the balance, so with the fall of the prime evils and the growth of a strong "hero of light" may he be coming with a new expansion to restore the balance -as a bad guy? *explosion*TalRasha3 Nov 10
Nov 10 Enough Lore left for an expansion? So do you guys think there is enough Lore left to come up with to make an expansion? Looking back at the story I kind of felt like they meant for this to be the last installment of the series. What do you guys think..Expansion or no Expansion?xNYROx28 Nov 10
Nov 10 What happens to Malthael after Act V? Spoiler The nephalem defeats Malthael at the end of Act V... but we know that angels and demons respawn after death, hence why Tyrael had to put the demon souls in soulstones. Now Malthael was killed by the Nephalem but doesn't that mean all he is going to do is just respawn in the high heavens? Same with his followers.... Or is he like Tyrael after destroying the Worldstone that he needs a long time to reconstitute himself? Either way, I don't think Malthael is gone at all and the plot is rather vague on what happens after. What are your opinions on this? Or is there an explanation I missed somewhere?Dierdrea35 Nov 10
Nov 9 Who/What is Trang'Oul? I've just started reading the few Diablo books the bought starting with Legacy of Blood and I came upon the name Trag'Oul. Upon reading further however I came upon the name Trang'Oul. They've both been mentioned more than a few times, and only when Kara's in play as her dragon... I con I believe it was, but what I don't understand is I can't find anything about Trang'Oul online other than the fact that it's a named set in Diablo II unless it's on these forums which people seem to refer to Trag'Oul as Trang'Oul. I know who or what Trag'Oul is, but I'm confused as to who or what Trang'Oul is.Skribbety2 Nov 9
Nov 9 I might've came with the sickest idea A huge expansion for d3, might even call it d4 but what if our hero after finishing ros goes on a hunt For the remaining sins and stumbles upon an old cave\temple where he finds the grave of the hero from d2. A spirit emerges and sends the hero back to experience his journey in d2 so amazon would be demon hunter,paladin=crusader etc. This way we would experience diablo 2's maps and lore with d3 game mechanics & graphics.TalRasha0 Nov 9
Nov 8 What about the other sins commanders? We killed already Ghom, Cydaea and Greedy, but still remain 4 of them: - Envy - Rage - Sloth (these are Blizzard devs) - Pride. It would be possible kill them in future patches? Hope so cause I want to see all of themThax1 Nov 8
Nov 5 Xul and Methan (SLIGHT SPOILER) Wizard Intro: A necromancer… Do you know Mehtan? Xul Response: You know my apprentice? That's certainly odd. I guess this means Xul is now the canonical Necromancer from Diablo 2.Zerde12 Nov 5
Nov 4 Time taken to build the Worldstone Keep. How long did it take for the Barbarians to construct the Worldstone Keep? We know the stone itself was a bit bigger than Mt. St. Helens, but why would they build a fortress to house a volcano-sized gem?Tylyrystrasz0 Nov 4
Nov 4 Kormac author's religion I'd like to meet the person who came up with the Templar. He (or she) sounds like someone who was a sincere follower of a strict religion, and then found out the leaders were fake. God wasn't fake, and maybe even the religion wasn't fake, but the leaders were.Johnsdad1 Nov 4
Nov 2 Why did Bul-kathos protect the Worldstone? Let me give some background information of why I ask this question. I had asked the same question before, but I still didn't and don't receive a clear answer. In Diablo 2, we know that the barbarians see Mt. Arreat as a sacred place, and before entering the fortress, the trial of the Ancient Ones must be completed. In the novel The Sin War trilogy, Bul-kathos, the king of the barbarians and one of the first generation of the Nephalem, stood as the guardian of the mountain and the Worldstone. Now here's the question: Bul-kathos knew what the Worldstone was all along. He knew of Rathma and not so hostile to him. He knew of Inarius and his purpose of using the stone to decrease the humans' power. So he must knew how Inarius saw them. Inarius treated the humans as something should not have existed. He didn't like the Nephalem. Yet why did Bul-kathos willingly protect the Worldstone for Inarius? He must know what he had done through the stone, and still guarded it anyway? But he allowed Rathma and Uldyssian entering the fortress later on. I suspect that he actually protected it for Rathma since he agreed to help him against Inarius. However, I don't think this was explained and mentioned in the book(or just I forgot). Does anyone know the exact answer?Ascalon0 Nov 2
Nov 1 Leah, i think we will save her... As reincarnated Diablo falls down you can clearly see that the HP bar is not fully depleted, you can do damage for a few more seconds while she agonize but the HP does not go to zero, i think Leah or at least Leah soul can be saved from the depths of hell, i would love to see the next expansion dark and hellish just like the old Diablo atmosphere.Tzunoy1 Nov 1
Oct 21 Fighting the devil while using his magick In D2 you summon a portal with stones that make a circled star to tristrum, the Assasin uses freemasonic ( lucifarian sect) artifacts for her trap skills, there are amulets with the circled star symbol, the UI has satanic symbolism, in D3 we have an item that says sigil something, and few items that refrence esoteric and new age religion which are clearly satanic. No im not an offended christisan, but its odd that the character is surrounded by satanic symbolism while trying to fight the non-biblical red devil instead of the beautiful lucifer.Worldoflies2 Oct 21
Oct 14 A Diablo 4 Concept. A Diablo 4 Concept by Stewart Berk. Stay awhile and listen… With the loss of 3 of the Angiris council, and the destruction of the last soulstone, and with it the final prime evil, neither the High Heavens, nor the Seven Hells can mount an offensive any longer. An unspoken cessation has arrived to the Eternal Conflict. The realm of Sanctuary is left in peace. Thousands of years pass. The people of Sanctuary evolve. Technology advances. The Great War and the birth of the Nephalem become myth. However, magic and the power of faith remain. In this new age, the darkness of the past clings to society. While much of the wilds have been tamed, the gothic architecture remains and the skyscrapers are covered with gargoyles, and torches burn throughout the night. While electricity is commonplace, fire is seen as the only security against evil. Four groups govern this new society crouched on an old land. Monks, Mages, Militants, and Mystics. Each has 2 seats on the grand council. Their number is broken by a deciding vote, a man known only as, The Justice. Monks have embraced technology as their religion and built a cult of the machine. They augment themselves with combat tech, going so far as to replace their extremities with robotic limbs. Their goal is to become a living weapon, and they utilize no firearms. They have also developed advanced medical machines in tandem with their augments. They often hold positions of authority in hospitals. All monks, regardless of gender, shave their heads. Through the augmentation process they make their facial features more uniform, and adjust their height and build to conform to what they refer to as the "optimum standards." Mages are the most secretive of the four. For thousands of years their art had been seen as the cause of the great cataclysm, the details lost to time. In these times they practice 2 forms of magic. Arcane and Necromancy. Neither school is looked on with favor, though both have their uses. They practice in secret and are rarely seen in public. Mages who practice the arcane arts are usually tan, due to their exposure to heat and cold. Those who practice necromancy are marked by their pallor and sunken eyes. Spending that much time below ground takes its toll. Militants are responsible for law and order. Their twin orders report directly to The Justice. Members of the first order, known as The Watchers, are uniformly tall and thin. They specialize in reconnaissance and long range engagement. They are ranged weapons experts and masters with both rifles and hand guns. Members of the second order, known as The Hammers, resemble their hallmark weapons. All are as wide as they are tall, and heavy in the arms. They carry heavy electrified hammers and sometimes force shields as well. Between these two orders, law is upheld through rapid deployment by motorcycle, and less common heavy raids. Mystics are the last naturalists on sanctuary. They grow food for the city populous and raise animals. They are well respected, for without their help, the natural resources of Sanctuary would have dried up long ago. However, those closest to them know greater secrets. They are able to influence the weather, and speak directly to beasts. Descendants, of the Umbaru tribes and the historical Empire of Kehjistan, the mystics are shorter than the other factions and darker in complexion. They are almost always accompanied by an animal companion, and some say they can even take the forms of their chosen animals. While the four factions occasionally disagree, a greater peace has held for as long as modern memory reaches. But recently dark rumors have begun to spread of underground cults that speak to beings thought lost to time. Tensions are running high. There have been strange sightings in the wilderness, and odd lights in the sky… The Justice is asleep. His suite in the primary tower of the headquarters of the Militant order is cool. A wind moves the curtains from the open door to his balcony. Despite the breeze, he wakes with a sheen of sweat covering his dark skin. He shakes his head behind his mask of office. His almost mortal dreams have been disturbed of late. He leans over the edge of his bed. His rooms could be described as spartan, plain even. He taps the side of his mask to acknowledge his messages. He stands up wearing only a pair of loose fitting sweatpants and thousands of scars. The mask, a graven image of a skull, tinged gold as if once gilded, is held to his shaved head with a ceremonial red band of silk covering the eye lenses. Justice must be blind.Odin37 Oct 14
Oct 14 lore Qustioen so uh the spider with wings is there ever chance to get those wing obtained from in game content or will that not be a posibly becuause of lore hindrance? always want these cool spider bat wing because my fav anime Narutarue used them in on e ep. and it remind mf ot hta every time when i k l the spider boss in game. ty! :) *edit to fx some of spell errors :]Handiboy3 Oct 14
Oct 9 can some of the characters be delete Can some of the characters be deleted that I have not use in a whileSilentSword0 Oct 9
Oct 1 Time for some "good demons"? Lately, I have been thinking about the future of the Diablo franchise. As of D3, we know that Angels and the High Heavens are not always good. As such, I was thinking it might be neat to see a sequel (or at least an expansions) where some demons get to be seen in a more sympathetic -- or at least ambiguous -- light. Maybe even have a character who's powers are primarily demonic in nature. Perhaps with skill groups that align (roughly) with the themes of the Seven Lords of Hell. Kind of like the opposite of a Paladin. One of his/her attacks could be "Unholy Bolts", like those used by the Greater Mummies in D2 -- along with an aura called "Damnation". Another idea I had was maybe a reboot or alternative continuity, where Diablo, Baal, Mephisto, and the rest of their crew are not necessarily good...but not altogether evil, either. Rather, they simply represent the darker aspects of life and existence, just as the Angiris Council represent other aspects. Thoughts? :-)HeartExalted14 Oct 1
Sep 29 Game director job taken So excited when will they make the announcement for this I wonder?Kirile1 Sep 29