Lore and Story

Jul 1, 2012 Plot twists Am i the only one who actually got surprised by all of the plot twists? I didnt expect belial to be disguised as emperor Hakkan or that Adria would betray us until the last moment. Although now when i look back her betrayal could have been figured out I still don't understand how Belials disguise was obvious.SVRKNKR29 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Haedrig Eamon, Blacksmith or Agent of Evil? Greetings all. About to start up my Hell run on my Wizard, plowed through the story twice on Normal, once on Nightmare. All the dialogue, NPC banter, and the like are pretty fresh in my mind. After these play-throughs I've come to only one conclusion : Haedrig Eamon, the Blacksmith, is definitely an agent of evil not unlike Adria. Why you ask? Here's why : -Haedrig Eamon is the last living Eamon (we all know what happens to his wife). He knew that his Grandfather, Chancellor Eamon, was buried with the Black King's Crown in order to prevent Leoric from ever coming back as a zombie-king. YET, he didn't know which crypt he was buried in? "Oh hey adventurer, the crown you need is in the Eamon crypt in the graveyard. Which one? **** if I know dude, just go get it." No, wrong. Haedrig definitely knew which crypt contains his grandfather, I mean he was a Chancellor and not to mention Haedrig's deceased father might probably be in the same tomb; family tombs work like that. Gaming element or not, Haedrig did not even attempt to warn the adventurer of the possible several other crypts that look exactly like the one containing the crown thus forcing the adventurer to check every last tomb. Kinda dumb if Haedrig wants vengeance and ultimately safety for the people of New Tristram. -He can't repair. Anything. We have a skilled blacksmith who by all accounts can forge armor and weapons with magical attributes and by all means can take them apart, stripping them of their magical attributes into raw materials to be used in crafting. The adventurer pays for this blacksmith's studies; the adventurer even goes out of his way to collect blacksmithing plans, tomes, pages all for the hopes that Haedrig will learn from this and be able to become a better craftsman. Yet we're to believe he doesn't know how to fix dented, broken, or fractured armor? The little girl vendor in Act 2 can repair gear, but Haedrig Eamon can't? Or maybe its just that he WON'T. He can create weapons out of literally dust, teeth, eyeballs, and pages but he CAN'T REPAIR GEAR? -He has to be evil. He measured the adventurer's will by seeing if they would assist in helping him MURDER HIS OWN WIFE. Knew all too well that the crown necessary for cleansing the evil in the Cathedral was located in the Eamon family tomb, but just so happened not to specify where? He then assists the adventurer, the one who has vowed to save New Tristram, and by extension, all of Sanctuary, yet forces them to not only pay for gear (that may or may not have the right stats) but pay for his studies too? And that ends my argument. Regardless of what any of you say, the truest evils are usually the closest. Mark my words, Haedrig Eamon will be a boss in Act 5 of the expansion. He's just far too evil to overlook.BlitzComet7 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Belial in the Satanic Bible. The Satanic Bible names Belial as one of the Four Crown Princes of Hell (specifically, the North Crown), and states that his name means "'without a master'" and symbolizes true independence, self-sufficiency, and personal accomplishment." Belial represents the earth element, is the Master of Mankind and the Champion of Humanity, and represents the carnal and base urges of humans.VincentCross4 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Corrupted Angles - Corrupted Demons? So Angles can be easily corrupted by Evil, are there any examples of the opposite happening in Diablo games? Demons being corrupted by the light and essentially turning good?Kangex10 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 was there ever a blue in this forum...? Doubt it. Its easier to ignore what you can't fix. its easier to lie that you get good feedback about the story and leave it at that. i want to openly discuss this game's lore with a blue who will voice the ones who are responsible for THIS! and where did they get their feedback from that, according to them, was positive? blizzard. read this thread. read this forum. answer our questions! KNOW THAT YOU HAVE DESTROYED ONE OF THE PILLARS THAT YOU STAND ON!lichy9 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 So I realize im for sure late to the party... But in Diablo 1 we banged out Adria? Noooooiiiiiiiiccceee Bro. Or in some cases scissored like crazy.KaeZyd3 Jul 1, 2012
Jun 30, 2012 inferno story the game is only intended for low life losers that have 20 hours in a day to farm resist gear or gold, you guys suck and im telling everyone to not play this game, its a waste of time, o and for the future, you should start to care more about your billiob customers than your 1 million bundle of fat sad pathetic americans. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THE GAME SEEM SO COOL, and make it to were no one can play unless they have the best possible gear, i have all rare gear and i just got to 60, if i have all rare gear on why the hell do i get one shoted by everything, horrible horrible game, you lost 20+ costumersBadxample5 Jun 30, 2012
Jun 30, 2012 Salutations to Blizzard Much thanks to Blizzard for successfully carrying on the Original and still growing Diablo storyline. I though i would take a thread of this forum line. I have always enjoyed the work they put into such a game. So here is my thanks and good luck on your further endeavors.IronLion1 Jun 30, 2012
Jun 30, 2012 what's the use of of the Aidan retcon? Why did they retcon the vessel of Diablo in Diablo II to be the elder son of Leoric? Is there any significance to this in the storyline now, he's mentioned just once or twice in DIII? It seems strange as there's obviously no mention of him in the previous games. I can't really understand why he didn't just remain the unnamed warrior.Dirach38 Jun 30, 2012
Jun 30, 2012 So how did Tyrael make himself Human? As I understood it Angels were not ascended humans nor were they as powerful as humans (who are really just Nephalem who have been nerfed by the worldstone) so why was Tyrael able to make himself into a Human (Nephalem) considering technically the Nephalem are far more powerful than angels and the Angels were never Nephalem. Also aren't angels supposed to be made up of "light vibrations" or some other such nonsense? Tyrael's whole "fall from grace" doesn't seem to really work lorewise.Xenedus27 Jun 30, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 We were going to Emperor Hakan for him.. ..(Spoiler for Act 2) to tell us where Belial is, then when we saw him my hero suddenly figures out he is Belial? I kinda guessed Hakan is Belial but how did my character, Adria and Leah suddenly figure out too? Which part did I missed on that explanation?Papercut8 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 lets play a game.. lets replace the cheesy and bad stuff in the game with something else for example, diablo screaming like a Saturday cartoon villain "you may have destroyed this rift but its not the only one!! buahahaha" or something like that how about instead of hearing the prime evil who considers us as insects, we see the archangel of hope saying in a worried voice that she can feel that didn't help, that there must be another gate somewhere. note that if done with cood voice acting, the worried voice and give you the atmosphere feeling that is needed. something is WRONG. you know that now. you don't know for sure what is wrong, most likely the angel is right and another portal is open. you also don't know anything about diablo and what he is doing since he DOESN'T FCKING TALK TO YOU ALL THE TIME giving you the mystery feeling. diablo shouting to his minions "kill em or i will kill you"? yeah thats not needed... have the minions say "this is as far as you go mortal" or "it is time to know your PLACE" and charge with an attack. that is all you need :O also the "look tyrael.. its your old lieutenant... nyah nyah" who the #@%^ thought it was an appropriate remark from THE PRIME EVIL who is currently trying to destroy heaven instead of making teasing remarks? who? who?! WHO?!?!?!?lichy3 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Cinematics... I beat the game in NM but I could only watch the cutscenes, not the cinematics, anyone knows why is that?Cyel4 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Unfound Conversations So i'm trying to get all of the "Conversation" Achievements... I've got the all except for two. Both in Act 1. Leah: "Leah's Power" and, Haedrig Eamon: "A Weary Blacksmith" If anyone could point my to which part of the act 1 story line these occur on, that would be greatly appreciated.Kek5 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 What is the Prime Evil ? As the title says. What is it? Cause I'm really lost on this one. From Journals: - Diablo, The Lord of Terror: "Diablo was the youngest of the Prime Evils..." - Azmodan, The Lord of Sin: "The Valrous manuscripts list Belial as the best battlefield commander of all demons, having defeated the angels many times in the Eternal Conflict across Pandemonium and the Prime Evils in the demonic civil..." - Belial, The Lord of Lies: "(...) it is said that he manipulated Azmodan into revolt against the Prime Evils..." Ok, so the Prime Evils are 3 brothers, Diablo, Baal, Mephisto. Fine, I get it. And then you tell me that I should piss my pants cause Diablo's plan is to become the Prime Evil, the greatest evil one can imagine, its final form. Yeah that would be impressive if you hadn't called the Three with that name all the time. Makes no sense.ramiel3 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Girlfriend dumped me, should I join the Coven I was in an inn one day, drowning my sorrows after the farmer's daughter ditched me for some scoundrel from Kingsport when I struck up a conversation with an old friend named Bob. What he was saying was making a lot of sense. There is this new religious movement out there. The gods and the heavens have abandoned us. The coven offers a new way, a new beginning for mankind. Demons, as bad as they are, are the only ones we can depend on, and when the evils rise again, its guaranteed that we will be eaten last. Sounds like a good deal to me. What do you think?RJFire14 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Number of the beast sword. Hey. I was just wondering if anyone wanted this sword. Its just a level 63 2 hander that has 666.6 dmg. Yahknow. Like. Any roleplayers or something want it. I'll sell it too yah. :3Destrei0 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Ideas for a less linear quest After I had killed Diablo again today I decided to listen to all the stuff my followers could say and realized that I probably would have enjoyed some side quests to strengthen the bond between them and I. For lack of a better comparison, Me2 Loyalty quests in D3 for the followers and maybe even Tyrael. Their conversations imply they are much deeper characters and I think a few quests to bond with them and solve their dilemmas (which are automatically solved by progressing through the game) would have been fun. Ex. Finding the Kormac's Tomes or something So what do you think, would loyalty quests have distracted from what D3 is really about or would you have enjoyed the idea/ any ideas of your ownKangex3 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Names for Female Wizard? They seem to originate out of a Chinese type of place. Anyone have any suggestions?Prosercunus9 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 The whole story of D3 is unequiping EC item? So the whole story of D3, of Tyrael becoming a mortal, is the story of an user called Tyrael who bought the editor's collection and chose to give up his angelic wings and become a normal user?Samuel1 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 why Blizzard let Leah die? I am really sad about the end of the story! Leah is my best love girl in D3 She was so kind, beautiful, lovely, warm-hearted, But she was gone,this end is not funny It breaks my heart She is the new role, need to be expanded Only she can inherit Cain’s work And... When Cain died, he was 85 years old. He has enjoyed the long journey of life. But...Leah is only 20... . she is poor, innocent. Therefore, I hope that she can be brought back. I really hope that we will have a new story to save her.殛天傲11 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Tyrael - Angel? Can somebody please explain to me why Tyrael got to keep his super awesome angel sword that he insisted on smacking into the ground after he gave up being an angel? Yeah we had to get it "reforged" but the pieces came down with him, unlike his armor and unlike his wings. I know there are threads discussing what the swords place in the story is and probably a thread asking this very same question. I'm just curious to know what other people think about this and to see if there is in fact an answer.achlys4 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Vegetable Bad!, Meat good! pfft. joke.Liber0 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Leah taking over Hell Kerrigan style? Just a crazy idea XD. Since demons cannot die, they are either sent to the abyss or will respawn somewhere in Hell, Leah being Diablo's daughter should respawn as a demon. Adding on top of that, since all 7 Evils have been banished to the abyss via the Black Soul Stone, technically no one is controlling the Burning Hells at the moment, so when Leah respawns in Hell as the daughter of Diablo, she should be able to ride the chaos and take control of Hell! May be this will follow the Kerrigan plot line, where the strong female main character is transformed into the enemy. There could be a power struggle between the off springs of the 7 Evils (or remaining lords of sins) just like the cerebrates competed with Kerrigan for the control of the swarm. Leah could discover ways to make herself more powerful, perhaps seeking to find the Black Soul Stone that fell from Heaven from the ending cinematic, and make herself the Prime Evil. And then, may be we will gather pieces of an ancinet Xel'Naga... I mean Nephalem artifact and invade the Burning Hells to turn Leah back to human... Ok, I'm getting carried away XDNoah3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Church of the Zakarum According to diablo wiki it still exists but have renamed themselves as The Templar Order. Is thiss true?SVRKNKR2 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Is Tyrael going to return... to becoming an Angel? I really don't like him being mortal, he was so much cooler when he was all glowing and had that echoing voice..Mask1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Mahgda : Worst Character Ever? Hugely disappointed in A) the creation of the butterfly abomination B) they used this WoW regurgitation to kill the most iconic character in the entire franchise Really? In the Gothic, hellish wastelands and dungeons of Diablo, when considering villains a butterfly winged, purple dress wearing tart is what you came up with? She quite literally has zero redeeming qualities, couple that with the fact that she kills what could be considered the face of the franchise and multiply it by the fact that her encounter is pathetically easy and her mechanics were seemingly chosen at random and what you have is a big, worthless steaming pile of crap. Fun game, but I've seen better writing on bathroom walls.Anikdote32 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Who's the "other witch" Maghda mentioned? I just saw this piece of the lore: Maghda: "When I joined the Coven, it was weak and idle. The leaders were content to do nothing while the Prime Evils were imprisoned. I convinced another witch to help me poison them and together we took control. She... left some years later, but I continued, bringing the Coven to glory under Lord Belial." She mentioned that there was another witch in the coven, who is she? The Blood Raven? Lilith? Adria?Kinjoo3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 So what's Magda supposed to be, anyway? I get that she's the leader of the evil cult dedicated to Belial and all, but what is she? An evil fairy? Minds that need examining want to know! ;)Tanith7 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 The chill of Hell "The chill of Hell will sap the life from your bones!" is a quote from Izual. I thought that hell was all fieary and hot. Maybe its more like in Dante's Inferno where it has cold places too?SVRKNKR7 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Should Diablo be creepy? Were you expecting this game to be more creepy or it's fine as it is? Even this webtoon is more creepy... http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2bHto8/comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=tue%2FDynastyFury0 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Two New Classes for the Expansion I’ve been playing with an idea for the expansion for a while… I even wrote out my best guess at how it will all end over in the Fan Fiction forum. I wanted to propose two new classes for the group, see if I could get some feedback. Class: Fallen Angel Primary Stat: Strength / Dex dependent on play style Story: An angel that chose to fall from the High Heavens to Sanctuary to escape the Purge. Concept: A Paladin / Amazon hybrid – The look of a Spartan / Roman soldier. Primary Weapons: 1H Spear, 2H Spear, 1H Hammer, 2H Polearm, 1H Sword, 2H Sword, Shield Pool: Faith / Divine Primary Skills: Holy Strike – Adds Holy Damage based on Strength Blinding Strike – Adds a Blind Effect to mobs hit Fury Strikes – 3 Hit Combos at +% to Damage Melee Fighter – Adds a block chance with a 2H weapon Secondary: Hammer – Duh. Javelin Toss – Ranged Lightning Strike based on weapon DPS, Dex Shield Bash – Chance to Stun Power Slam – 2H Weapons have 100% chance of knockback Skills: Healing Group Heal - % of full life Revive – Ability to revive on screen party members Blessing – Adds to IAS, Critical Hit Rate and Damage Auras Group Regeneration Aura (Life / Mana) Inspiration - Adds armor and block chance to party Thorns – Again, Duh. Blinding Light – Mobs reduced chance to hit Righteousness Banish – Single target takes damage, stun, slow effect Exorcism – Area effect for damage / time Battle of Will – Fallen and target both take % life damage for X seconds. Angellic Power of Hope – Decrease damage to party when under 50% life Lessons of Fate – Increase chance to dodge / block for all members Angelic Form – Return to angelic form for a certain time period, stats increased. Passives Stand Your Ground – Slows Movement, Adds to Armor / Block Chance Shield Wall – Each additional party member within X yards increases armor/block Honor the Slain – Death of an ally increases stats for X seconds Light of Truth – Blinded enemies are more likely to take critical hits Blessed Weaponry - +crit chance when using spears. +crit damage when using hammers Defensive Line – Extends the reach of 2H weaponsMelancholy31 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Act 4 could be so much better How is it now? All-mighty Nephalem comes to save the day and runs around Heaven, killing everything by himself, Angels are weaklings who can't do anything by themselves. Where is anything epic in that? If I was writing the Act 4 story, I'd do it like this: - The Nephalem arrives in a besieged Heaven, specifically in the Halls of Valor (residence of Imperius) - The entire Heaven is a war zone, but the Halls were kept clean of demons by the angels of Imperius. But because Imperius is wounded and Auriel (Hope) is missing, the Angel lines are starting to crumble. The Halls are our "base" in Act 4 (instead of Bastion Keep). - We see the Demons massing for attack, in order to keep vital reinforcements away from the battle at the base of the Silver Spire. - After a quick skirmish, Itherael sends us to bring Auriel back. We leave the Halls, hunt down Rakanoth. Diablo is too busy assaulting the Spire to taunt us and Rakanoth says something DII style before attacking us (i.e You shall drown in Despair, Nephalem. BOOOM, teleport-on-shot). We free Auriel and she teleports us back to the Halls of Valor. - We arrive to see that the Halls are about to be overrun. With Hope restored, we help the Angels massacre the Demons at the Halls of Valor. - Auriel and Itherael rally the scattered defenders of Heaven (they go and close the Hell Rifts), while the Nephalem, Imperius and Tyrael spearhead a host of Angels to the base of the Silver Spire. - The fighting is thick and the Angel Host is bogged down, so our Nephalem hunts down the Daemonic Commanders and the Host is able to progress. - When we arrive at the base of the Spire we see a corrupted area, with bits and scraps of angelic armor everywhere and the gates of the Spire shattered. A host of Opressors descends and attacks - Imperius tells us to go forward with Tyrael, while he will secures the area. - We climb the Spire together with Tyrael as usual. Diablo faces us mid-way and after a quick skirmish (like with Cydaea in the first Sin Tower) escapes. He summons Izual to delay us. Suprise! We don't kill Izual. We get him down to half-hp, when Tyrael says that it's taking too much time. He tells us to pursue Diablo - we see a magnificent cutscene, where Tyrael charges Izual headlong, they fall from the brink of the platform and we can see as they are fighting mid-air (like Gandalf vs the Balrog in P.J's Lord of the Ring or Captain Tytus vs the Daemon Prince in WH40k: Space Marine ending). The cutscene ends when they crash, so we are uncertain who survived. - As we reach the entrance to the Crystal Arch, we see it's gates shattered. Imperius, Auriel and Itherael appear, they tell us the Heaven is secure and that their lieutenants are mopping up the remaining Demons. They are about to enter the spire with us, but the Diablo reaches the Arch and the Angels fall. - We battle Diablo as usual. Tyrael appears after phase 2. They exchange some non-pathetic words with Diablo and the battle is resumed. - Ending Cinematic: after Diablo falls, we see that Tyrael collapses to the ground and "dies" from wound suffered against Izual and Diablo - former Archangel or not, he was a human. With his last sight he sees the corruption receding from the Crystal Arch. The Archangels appear, restored, we see them gather in a half-circle around Tyrael. END. Expansion story after this? - Hunt Adria - Black Soulstone still in existence - Search for Tyrael - no one knows what happened to the Angel's soul. A mortal body somehow inhibited the ability to reemerge from the Crystal Arch.Cornholio3 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Alive! He's ALIVE!!! http://i.minus.com/iJw8qaJcTC9yc.jpgIldun1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Why Diablo 3 Story Fails: An Open Letter 2 Since the original thread appears to be "full" I figure I'll add my own response here. To those who have not read the original thread go here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5836595552 You bring up a lot of good points, sir. Granted the plot lines of Diablo in general haven't been the pinnacle of amazing, I still expected this game to at least not insult my intelligence at its transparency. I had hoped, since it took so long to even make this game, that there would be higher quality in just about everything involved with it. Sadly I was mistaken. I still do not regret buying this game, if only because I have a "free" means in which to game with my friends daily and the gameplay is fun, but I no longer take the developers seriously. Not the ones who were involved with the creation of the plot. Now instead of a game I would willingly want to play over and over for the plot alone, I have a game where I constantly skip all the dialogue and cut scenes because seeing them once is more than enough, and what credit does that give the animators and writers? This is what I am sorely disappointed in. You really could have done better, Blizzard, and it would have been amazing.Disig106 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Missed video at act 2 intro, how to find it a I got distracted whenI was going to act 2 and missed the video. Is there a placewhere I can replay it?guyguerra1 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 [Exercise] How to Improve Leah So, we see a lot of people panning the story of Diablo 3. But we also see a number of people panning the characters, in particular Leah. So I thought I'd post this and see if it caught on. This exericse is meant to show why you like/dislike Leah but more importantly what you would do to fix that and/or expose the underlying reason for your like/dislike. So I'll post the outline below. Step 1. First, in bullet point, post each reason why you like/dislike Leah as a character. But it goes beyond that. For each reason you post you must post an explaination and citation for why you feel this way about the character. Example of a poor response: "Leah is a whiner." Example of a good response: "Leah is a whiner because of what she said in Act X. She was doing Y and said Z. I thought this made her come off as whiney because of <insert reason here>" Step 2. For each reason you posted above, please post a way to fix this problem, while keeping in time with the story. This fix must be in depth, with you figuring out how to fix the character flaw that makes people like her, not hate her more. Example of a poor fix: "I'd make her stop whining." Example of a good fix: "In Act X, I'd cut out the part with her doing Y. In place of this I'd have her do Z. I feel this would fix the flaw of her being whiney for <insert reason here>." Rules. There are some preset parameters to this exercise. The story must stay on the same path it did in the original game. This is about Leah, not the game's plot, not the other characters. Leah must exist. She must be betrayed. She must turn into Diablo. Leah's parentage and backstory must stay the same. Leah must be the one holding on to the Black Soulstone in Acts 2 and 3. Tyrael must fall to Sanctuary. He must spend time as the Stranger while you gather sword pieces. Cain must still die in Act 1. Adria must still be present. She must still betray the group and her backstory must remain the same. Kulle must still be present and lead you to the Black Soulstone.Melyria34 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Another alternate storyline I didn't like that in the end, humans and angels are now good buddies after the angels just decide to let the humans fend for themselves, now at end with forget it and humans and angels are all working hand in hand like it was nothing ? bullcrap if you tell me. What I would have liked to see, is after diablo revival, instead going straight to the heaven, he has to go to some place to find a way to open heaven's gate, so the act IV wouldn't be in heavens but in another place in sanctuary (find something interesting). And the part that is interesting, is that angels, not wanting Diablo to find his way to heavens, are lead by Imperius in a Attack with the intention of destroying Diablo AND destroying sanctuary and all humans. Judging that ultimately, humans have failed in defeating the forces of hell, Imperius decide that the existence of the humans is now a threat to heavens and shall be eradicated. In this act 4, Diablo would still be the final boss, but Imperius would still be a boss fight just prior defeating Diablo. So in the epilogue, Tyrael or the Nephalem would say something like. "The humans now stay on their own, declining any outside influence, Sanctuary is now emancipated from the war between the Burning Hells and the High Heavens. Standing firm for what they believe, may it be for the best...or for the worst....." THATS A DIABLO EPILOGUE !! :D worthy of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 (no expansion) epilogue !thesadistqc0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Identifying Plot Holes We'd Like Clarified Before you assume this is another complaint thread, I will say that I find the game really fun and engaging. However, I'd like to see if we can list out the issues in the plot/lore that have generated confusion, because maybe someone (player or blizzard) can clarify them for us here. Please add your concerns, and please do it without getting emotional. When giving an answer, also remember that the legitimacy of an answer is based on the evidence we have in the game/existing lore, not conjecture or assumption. So none of this, "we're supposed to assume" business. My initial ones are as follows: 1. Recognition of the player as a nephalem - Act 4 confirms it, but at what point are we supposed to formally recognize it? It seems like we're asked the question in Act 1 and then it is assumed as answered in Act 4. 2. The "mark" that Adria puts on the souls of the other characters - How does this work? Is Adria the only one who understands the existence of this as a possibility in the first place? 3. Tyrael becoming Mortal - If angels are supposed to be a completely different set of beings from Nephalem and Demons, how does Tyrael turn himself mortal/human? Is it within the capability of demons to do the same? 4. Leah's existence - At what point is Leah born? She would technically have to have been born during or immediately after Diablo 2, and then be handed over to Cain afterwards for the chronology to make any sense. Does that mean Diablo 2 happens over the course of 9 months to 2 years? 5. If demons and angels make nephalem, and Leah is the daughter of the demon Diablo and Adria, what does that make her? 6. What's the deal with the cult? When did they start, and where have they been operating? What parts of the lore outside of D3 are attributable to them? 7. What killed Rumford? 8. Can you trap Angels in soulstones? 9. Tyrael's fall causes all the dead from D1 to rise and kill the living. Aren't their deaths unjust? Even if it was only the initial fall that causes a single wave of undead, does Tyrael feel bad about causing all that trouble (correct me if I missed him apologizing)?WOMANDAD45 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Question? Who the hell is Anu? And where is he/it mentioned. I have read all but 2 of the lore books that are in the game (2 journals from Act I) and have never seen the name mentioned in any of the Diablo novels.Daehok3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Nephalem So every reference posters are making to nephalem on the forums are saying nephalem are the offspring of angels and demons. Aren't nephalem the offspring of angels and humans? Is this Diablo lore that I am missing or are people not remembering one of the most basic and memorable stories in the bible? Angels saw the pretty human ladies and came down and had children. These children were giants called nephalem (who got destoyed in the flood). The angels weren't allowed back in heaven so they became demons.Vajonny4 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 About Tyrael's sword... I know Maghda was sent in tristram to retrieve it for Belial, but why he wanted it anyway ?thesadistqc35 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Tyrael's Sacrifice is Blizz's best cinematic In my opinion it's the best cinematic they have ever made. I don't know what it is about it, it contains just the right amounts of epicness, drama, action and badassery. I've seen it like 20 times already. I remember seeing it for the first time after I finished Act I, I was so excited for the rest of the game, it's a feeling only Blizzard can induce. Their cinematics are hands down the best in the industry and this one just showcased the very best they are capable of. Your thoughts?LostMartian46 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 SMASH! JAY, SMASH! This is the name of the achievement i got from ACT 1 INFERNO, actually i was farming normally for the whole act then i noticed there was 4 dungeons, instead of the usual 3 in the cemetry of the forsaken. It was funny though, all the monsters were named after the sound designers, 3D designers, associate producers and so on. Finally, I met the only rare boss, Jay Wilson! After defeating that ugly monster I got the achievement, which is categorized under the "Feats of Strength", which is the same to the unicorn level. I hope this helps getting you guys get achievement :)Robin2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Are there any gods in Diablo? We here about several, but never see any of them, just angels and demons. Anu and that other being are the closest things that seemed to be divine. And, I remember in a book I picked up in-game that if Izual had died that a replacement angel would come out of the crystal arch, apparently this doesn't happen with demons and the hell-forge.thesnare7774 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 5.550.000 coins a day, the robot program 5.550.000 coins a day, the robot programPermanently close these accounts. At least 2,000 +account 2000 * 5.550.000 = 11.100.000.000Fuxhu1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Are there any D2 player characters in D3? All three D1 player characters appeared in D2. Are there any D2 player characters in D3, besides being mentioned in story books?Wakeman19 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 On the story and dialogue in d3.... Let me start by saying I've never played the original Diablo or the sequel before. Im only 20, and while I have played a lot of older games, neither really came to my attention before despite the positive reviews. So the Diablo universe was a new experience for me all-around. I had no real preconceptions except that I was told that this was a really dark story with lots of gore. I was ready to make my debut in the almost universally praised Diablo franchise.... Imagine my surprise. The graphics aren't dark/gothic, and the plot was downright embarrassing. *Spoilers* The emperor being Belial was amazingly obvious from like the first encounter, and I don't think ANYBODY was caught off guard by that reveal. Adria betraying you was even more obvious if that is possible, and I didn't even know about her appearances in the earlier installments. Then there is the amazingly corny dialogue going on thats so bad they should fire whoever wrote it. Azmodan is the real standout here, and Diablo himself wasn't much better. The villains force feed you their own plots. Im sitting here staring in amazement as the "master strategist" of Hell tell me exactly where hes attacking. Like wow, it doesn't get much worse than that. The variations of "You have stopped/defeated x, but no matter...." got on my nerves real quickly as well. Really Blizzard, thats the best you've got?....I know its an ARPG, so I wasn't expecting that much on the story side of things, but it was just pitiful. P.S. I meant to post this here before, but I accidentally posted it on the general forums. I hope its not against the rules to post it here as well.Bludvein3 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Belial the Lord of Lies There's many posts where people question just how well Belial is at deceiving others. This thread isn't to praise or knock the story. It's merely to point out several of Belial's accomplishments. His deception starts as early as Act I (technically even earlier than that) with Maghda and her coven. They praise and worship Belial but much like most Demon Lords they only exist to serve as his pawns. Belial at some point discovered the existence of the Black Soul Stone. Maghda is told about the falling star and is order to retrieve the shards of Tyrael's sword. Your character asks what she wants with the sword and she states nothing but to her master everything. This gives one to two possibilities. She wasn't told what he wanted with it either and simply acts as if she knows more than she does or she was told some basic premise of the plan. I'm going to go with the second theory because she doesn't seem all too concerned about you receiving the sword pieces. That being said.. let's go back a bit. She seems interested in the sword pieces. You chase after them trying to prevent her from getting to them first. Even Leah gets suspicious around the crypt of the ancients when she claims that she's toying with you. Maghda never cared about the sword. The goal was to kill Cain to bring your party to Caldeum. The first deception starts with you getting the pieces to the swords while she has her way with Cain. This creates several over arching effects. Without Cain your character is less likely to figure out Belial's true goal. Without Cain your character is easier to manipulate and Cain won't try to talk you out of retrieving the black soul stone. With Cain's death comes a desire for revenge. This deception effects more than your character. It also effects Maghda's character as well. She was told to kill you when you arrive. However, she was never meant to do it. Belial knew she couldn't. Her coven and her existence was to bring you to Caldeum and eventually to use you to bring the black soul stone to him. Just like the player she was deceived. Unlike the player she lost her usefulness after killing Cain and was simply tossed aside. The best lies also contain some truths. Many people think Belial is a terrible liar because it's "obvious" that he's emperor Hakkan. The truth is that it was meant to be somewhat obvious. His deception was simply "Trick you into thinking I was terrified about the black soul stone so you can find it for me and bring it before me." unfortunately.. he didn't have the power to defeat the player. Prior to your arrival Belial had managed to take the body of Emperor Hakkan. During this time he used his demons to make leaving the city increasingly dangerous. The iron wolves are a very powerful mercenary clan. So they couldn't oppose him in the future he isolated the towns folk and hired them. Systematically killing them off without arousing too much suspicion about his identity and therefore preventing the player from calling on their aid and preventing them from rising up against him. He even allowed the player to rescue Adria. He does this by putting you in a position where you can rescue Leah. Leah, who knew the location of Adria, by rescuing Adria he knew she would lead you to the black soul stone and by proxy lead him to the black soul stone. Making a gamble doesn't make him a bad liar because consider this. What if he had killed the player and obtained the black soul stone? Belial would have become the most powerful entity in all of creation. Unfortunately he got blinded and greedy for a chance at such power and it cost him everything.Reslin12 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Expansion Idea Okay so this is probably an idea that has already been stated but I think the Nephalem, with Tyrael, will first hunt down Adria she'll be Act V. The minor enemies b4 Adria will probably be demons that she summoned to protect her. Act VI is finding and most likely fighting Malthael again with Tyrael as the guide. Tyrael believes he is in Pandaemonium so chances are we'll find and fight him there. After beating him up but not killing him he'll tell us what he knows about death and life and with that knowledge we move onto Act VII. Act VI will have mostly beasts and undead as enemies. Act VII will be based around actually retrieving Leah's soul and bringing her back to life. I have NO IDEA how Blizzard would intend to do it, my guess is that we have to go to a spirit realm and kill the grim reaper or a similar enemy and after that we bring her back to life. Something like that (that's definitely my most fuzzy idea for the expansion). The minor enemies will be spirits/guardians of the dead (which could be either demon or angel). During the 3 prior acts Imperius has been purging the Heavens of everyone that goes against him. Auriel and Ithereal will either try to stop him and be held prisoner (then we save them) OR Imperius somehow absorbs their power adding theirs to him. I know if Melyria reads this that she will disagree with what i believe happens next(sorry if i spelt your name wrong). I still believe that Imperius will rationalize imbuing the Black Soulstone into himself making him the Prime Evil + Imperius equaling One bad !@# Imperius. If he also absorbed Auriel's and Ithereal's power then i think we can say he is an adequate end enemy for this expansion. Obviously Act VIII will be based around the angels if my prvious acts were implemented. The ending will show Tyreal and the new angris council (hopefully with Maelthael in it again as the new angel of death since we killed the previous angel/demon of death) finally with its old unity and we end with Leah in her Inn catering a traveler alone at her bar. She casually asks, while cleaning a glass, "Would you like to hear a story about how a human and their friends ended the Eternal Conflict between demons and angels?" And then, with no answer, the camera starts to back out and we see Kormac, Lyndon, and Eirena all sitting together in the inn before we see the outside of the inn, its name "The Horadric Inn" and an inscription underneath saying "Everybody needs a safe place in the world, this is yours". And then it Leave comments if you liked/hated/suggestions on how to make it better, any comments are appreciated. :) P.S. Thank you for reading and sorry that it was so long and I'm sure there are many mistakesDeamon1 Jun 25, 2012