Lore and Story

May 13, 2012 Backstories of the Classes Does anyone know if there will be a different backstory based on gender? For example is the Male Wizard's backstory the same as the Female Wizard's? Or will they be different? I have seen conflicting reports so just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue.Xavius4 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 for diablo i like to no whe have account whit bliizard too i have nee for orter account?Blackbelt1 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 In the Black soulstone Cinematic.. Anyone else get the feeling that Azmodan is not actually talking to Leah, but to Diablo himself?BigEyedPhish2 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 Angel/Demon equals so i was wondering, since angels and demons essentially came from the same being who are each others equals. i keep reading that Imperious is a total bad A$$ and was wondering who would be his equal on Hell side. I read that Mephiesto is the oldest, so think he would be the strongest. But he is the 3rd boss in D2 so wouldn't that make him weaker then Diablo and Baal since their bosses later?Exx13 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 A serious request to blizzard Hi blizzard could you please wait 1 week before releasing the game I'm right in my final exams week and you're going to make me fail my school year :(Barbarosa3 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 Question about Trag'Oul I'm still pretty new to Diablo lore (which I have to say is a pretty great story) and was curious about Trag'Oul. I know he's meant to be a mysterious character in the lore and I was reading through my recently acquired Book of Cain (hooray!), when I came upon the nephalem Rathma. From what I've read on these forums about Trag'Oul and the description of Rathma in the Book of Cain, I can't help but wonder what connection these two characters have with each other. There is a note in the book stating the necromancers who followed Rathma depicted him in the form a great serpent, which is also the only form I've ever seen Trag'Oul depicted as. Both characters seem to share the same concerns from a universal perspective and (correct me if I'm wrong) Trag'Oul assists/ed or teaches/tought necromancers. Did I miss some lore where it is explicitly stated that these two characters are one in the same, or is it only implied in the Book of Cain? Or am I completely wrong in this assumption?Chaplin5 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 Blizz & Titmouse Kickstarter for full Series Blizz, any chance of expanding on Wrath and developing a full animated series? How much budget do you need? For those who haven't heard about kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics#WhatIsKick People (for whatever ungodly reason) who did not like the video can just ignore it. The rest of us who want more can show it by helping fund/kickstart this series How can the fans make this happen?surge8 May 13, 2012
May 12, 2012 [Story] Citizens of Sanctuary A gathering of men, withered and young, settled in high back chairs, waited with soft mumbling among themselves. Sunlight filtered through tall windows, catching slowly drifting dust through the air as it settled on them all. Piles of parchments, precarious books propped against each other, provided some sort of records. They tried to keep meticulous records. Then meteors would smash into the world, causing everything to fumble around. Not that it mattered. There was one woman attending to keep the world in perfect harmony. "I OBJECT!" Groans and slow falling of fists to the table, palms over faces, revealed what exactly the men thought. One figure dressed in a charcoal suit at the head of the council table took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes hard. "Yes...Miss Crumplebottom." The frumpy woman with a hat that resembled a petrified bird dead on a treelimb screeched to be heard. Her wrinkled up lips pursed like a prune....of which she smelled of. "You cannot consider this motion. It's blasphemy!" "My ...DEAR...lady, we have discussed this motion many times previous." A younger man balding prematurely raised a quill sputtering off facts. "Thirty-seven times to date this decade, chancellor." "Yes, thirty-seven entries. And we must consider it with as much forethought and review as your..." He shuffled papers in the growing pile in a basket marked Miss Bottom. "The taxation upon Demon Hunters for deforestation. Is it so hard to keep my concerns straight!" Her body shifted like a fiddler crab on for boil. Dangling glasses from nerveless fingers, he almost nodded. "Of course, due to their need of arrows. You do realize the many that visit our borders do so to protect us. And little Timmy Makers. You wouldn't want little Timmy to be unsafe when breaking and entering into the abbey now...would you." Before she could sputter a reply, he continued on. "Now, as I was saying. For the thirty-seventh time we are considering the name of our land of Sanctury. Mr Stevens wishes this change due to..." Holding up a page, the chancellor read with the deepest of sarcasm before wadding it up in his fist. "...for being terribly ironic. OH COME NOW." Stevens raised a hand, trying to speak as a flowered handbag smashed into his gutt rendering him speechless. "THIS HAS EVER BEEN NAMED TRISTRAM! The very name Sanctuary gives a sense of peace, tranquility, oh for hope!" She gazed heavenward, hands clasped before her. Finally Stevens quirked. "Oh right right, except every few years demons pop up out of the ground and eat us alive. Not to mention meteors tossed on our homes like Little Timmy's feet smashing anthills! Yes, demonic possession, witch's sacrifices...SO HOPEFUL!" The warfare broke out again as the chancellor just dropped his face into his hands. Double...facepalm...Learski2 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 How are there stars in Sanctuary's dimension? If Sanctuary was created in its own dimension when Inarius and his posse stole the worldstone, then how are there stars? Sanctuary was built around the worldstone, but there is nothing that says it was used to create anything else in this new dimension, much less stars or galaxies. How can there be stars inside it? I understand that the fallen star in D3 is almost definitely NOT just a fallen star, but how do the humans even know what stars are? Is there a whole universe inside this pocket dimension? Thoughts?Nalern7 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Does Diablo 3 tell about lore from before? I have played D2 but i was very young and my father would not let me watch the cutscenes and i never understood the story. So i wanted to know that if i play Diablo 3 will it tell me about the events previous to this game?Vanquish8 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 [educated guess] Fallen star & the new diablo FALLEN STAR = IMPERIOUS LEAH = NEW DIABLOKratoss9 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Where do we go now (sweet child)? Sorry for the song lyric pun, but I couldn't resist. I'm just thinking, where would we like to see Diablo Fiction go from here. What mediums would really bring the experience across? What events or eras would we want to learn about? What stories do we want to be told? In regards to the first question, I expect novels and wouldn't be surprised by another comic/manga, but lets see something that we haven't see n already, shall we? Personally, I loved Wrath, and would enjoy an animated series, or even feature film. That said, what I truly deeply madly want is a nice live action TV series (or feature film, but I'd prefer TV series). I miss having a something along those lines since Buffy, and to a much lesser extent, Angel, went off the air (nothing that came since has really done it for me), and I think with the right story, Diablo could do it. As for the stories, the Wrath certainly did pique my interest in the Eternal conflict, although I think it would be difficult for us to relate to just Angels and Demons without more human characters. Still, it might have potential. On the other hand, the story I'd really love to see fleshed out is the birth of the Horadrim and the binding of the 3. So, in the end, I would love to see a TV series following the adventures of the Horadrim (complete with characters like Tal Rasha and Jared Cain) as they track down the 3 Prime Evils, and maybe an animated series (web based might make it more plausible) on the Eternal Conflict, continuing along the lines of Wrath. While I know I probably won't get either, it would be nice. What would you like to see?MadDogMitch5 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Four Lore ideas I have seen no where else Four ideas to mull over: 1) Don't we have TWO eyes...The eye of Anu, the world stone, was one of them? 2) What if the Demons full-on invaded Sanctuary due to breaking open Mount Arreat. What if Imperious wont save the Nephlam from the large scale invasion? This causes Tyrael to fight with Imperious, take his spear, and break open the Diamond gates to FORCE the angels to help the Nephlam since they are exposed now as well? I think that fits all the criteria listed above. 3) I personally do not think we will fight Imperious. Imperious will fall to Diablo in the end defending heaven and Sanctuary and we will finish off Diablo with the help of Tyrael. 4) Diablo has two heads on his(her?) shoulders, likely being Mephisto and Baal transformed into Diablo by the Black Soulstone. There are 3 prime evils. This would be the closest form to the original prime evil, Tathamet, who had seven heads. Also, of all the 7 evils, Diablo resembles Tathamet the most.Eastwood8 May 12, 2012
May 11, 2012 Barbarian "short" story, any input? The fiery glow slowly faded from the eyes of the ghoul, its demonic life-force was spent. His massive muscles rippled as he pulled his double-sided axe from the bone and sinew of the ghoul, fatty tissue and gore spilling out of its festering wounds. A sickening crunch erupted from the gnarled spine of the foul creature as his final tug ripped the axe free from the mess of hewn muscle and bones. He heard cackling laughs, screams – heart rending cries from all around him. The thick fog of this cursed forest was muffling and contorting the sounds – nothing he wasn’t used to by now. His bare chest heaved mightily, gasping for air. He was surrounded by over two score corpses, some easily identifiable as being human – others not so. He could not tell the day or time, he had no inkling of when he last slept. He had no idea where he was in the densely fogged forest. For all his might and prowess, even the barbarian knew that soon he will die if he does not find a place to rest. Running from battle to battle, his booming shouts often attracted more of Hell’s minions – and his reverberating laughs when more demons shuffled into his sight gave pause to even the shadows that moved in the fog around him. He felt it before he could even see or hear it. All of his years of training on the frozen tundra’s, his ferocious battles against the legendary creatures of the northlands – nothing ever made him feel this way. His massive heart quailed; his rage left him like the life-force of the foul beasts he easily dispatched. Every sound stopped, replaced by a thrumming that seemed to play from his head. He could no longer hear. The fog thickened around him, ensconcing him in an opaque wall of gray. His knees buckled, his toned muscles turned to gelatin – all his will to fight fluttered away the moment the earth beneath him rumbled under the weight of something so foul that the world seemed sickened by its presence. It was behind him, but he couldn’t stand. He could do nothing but tremble as his hardened mind gave way to insanity – thoughts of festering gore, pus-filled worms crawling out of his orifices, eyes spilling out the contents of his skull. It had arrived. ------------- What you think? Want me to do a "short" on another character? Thanks for the input, just something I jotted down. :DShadovar3 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Angels/demons mortality So until I saw the Wrath animation I was under the impression that we can kill diablo so many times just because we are essentialy killing the host for his spirit while his spirit lives on in hell or in the soul stone or w/e. But now we see him getting killed before the creation of sanctuary and mortals and so the way i see it is that was actually him not just a vessel for his spirit. So now im confused. Are demons and angels immortal? They get reborn if killed? Or how is the fact that diablo is killed not a problem??JoJo10 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 An interesting observation Of the five short stories: Demon Hunter: PvE mostly, with hint that there was PvP event against the corrupted DH Barb: PvE only Monk: some PvE in the beginning, mainly PvP Witch Doctor: both PvP and PvE Wizard: PvP only Haha. This probably implies nothing. IMO the PvE fights in the stories are trivial. The obvious reason is the big ones are for us to slay. On the other hand, Wizard's story PvP fight was really exciting. ;)Wakeman0 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Tying Wrath in to the Games! Yes, I know Wrath happened Eons before Sanctuary came about, but I'm seeing something here. A plot within a plot. Let me explain. In Wrath, we see that Tyrael, along with at least Auriel's support, has the idea of capturing a Prime Evil to give the Angels a tactical advantage in the eternal conflict. He has one problem with this plan: Imperious, who would rather just kill any Demon at hand outright. Furthermore, Imperious seems to have little regard for the will of his brethren and sister on council. A side from what we see in Wrath, when the Council sat in judgement, ready to determine the fate of Humanity, he was perfectly fine with the idea of wiping out Humanity when he though that Tyrael was on his side, despite the fact that that would have meant a tie, with two votes for humanity and one abstaintion. This shows that Imperious holds himself somewhat above the rest of the council. Tyrael has to get around that if he wants to imprison a prime Evil. Fast forward a bit, and lo and behold, Tyrael has another opportunity to imprison a Prime Evil. All three of them in fact. By giving the Soulstones to the Horadrim, Tyrael gets to both aid humanity, whom he has a soft spot for, and, he gets to have his eternity long dream of having prime Evils imprisoned. However, in doing this, he's doubly getting on Imperiouses bad side. There are two issues where the two of them have disagreed that we've been shown, and Tyrael just went behind Imperious' back with both of them. Given both Imperious' ego and how well the whole Soulstone plan went for the Angels, is it any wonder at all that Justice is falling on the World of Men? When you take this into account that this division was started by Diablo in Wrath, and that the whle Soulstone Fiasco was part of a master plan on the part of the Prime Evils, and we've got one heck of an evil plan going on here.MadDogMitch6 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Diablo III: Wrath I am pretty positive that the battle shown was on Pandemonium, and I'm assuming that it is happening even before The Sin War, since the fight is actually happening. Lore-has-it that the Eternal Conflict ground to a halt when the Worldstone went missing from The Pandemonium Fortress so I doubt that a bout would begin in what is essentially now a baron wasteland especially one that involves the Angiris Council and at least one Prime. Not to mention that Diablo was there, which would at the very least place the event before the Dark Exile. So considering the timeline of the event, what was Diablo's trap? Was it simply fueling Imperius's anger and creating a rift between the Council, or was it something else? It could explain Imperius's kill vote after the Sin War, which Diablo would not have liked, but he didn't know that the whole Sanctuary thing was going to happen. It could also explain Malthael's change in personality. ... P.S. Yes, Valor turns to Wrath blah blah blah it's quite obvious. Edit: I should learn to read. The description of the video answers my question. ...Chris27 May 11, 2012
May 10, 2012 Where do Angels/Demons come from? Okay so I know the answer isn't storks....right? Inarius and Lilith made humans, I'm assuming by the conventional methods. But what about demons and angels? Can they reproduce or what? Plus, when humans die they have a spirit. Do they go to a heaven or hell? What about angels and demons when they die?FunkMasterT7 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 D2 and D1 monologues X D3 dialogues I've been playing Diablo I and II the last days, to remember all the lore details before I start to play Diablo III and... man, I'm almost crying! The nostalgia feeling is great! "Demons are concerned with ripping out your heart, not your signpost." Griswold, The Blacksmith I should tattoo that! One of the things that are new in Diablo III is that there aren't just monologues, but dialogues instead: the heroes actually talk with other characters, what gives them deeper psychology than in the previous games. Sounds like Blizz is trying to give a face for their heroes: they are not what they are because they know to fight; they aren't different just because they kill demons in different ways; there is something more, a purpose, a life. It will be awesome to play all the five classes, to know them better.Pina4 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Can't decide the language So I'm thinking about buying the book of cain, sin war and all the other lore stuff. However I am not sure if I should read them in my native language or in english. Blizzard's stuff is usually well translated and, my english not being as good as a native speaker, I fear that I may not understand some things or miss the stories subtelties. But it would be the original text which is always better (and it'd improve my english). So what should I do =/ Can't decideCmagik2 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Sword of Justice Question Why did the chieftain allow the boy to live?Decebal0 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Everything. Can I get an explanation plz... I don't usually just jump right into the 3rd game without playing the preceding 2, but considering that D3 is coming out in 6 days, I'd rather just ask for an explanation about... everything. All of it. Beginning, middle, end, if someone(s) would be so kind.Fraidies2 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Angiris Council Theories I was reading the Book of Cain today and as I re read the prophecy something stuck out to me: "... And at the End of Days. Wisdom shall be lost as Justice falls upon the world of men. Valor shall be turned to Wrath... and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair. Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all... as Fate lies shattered forever." The members of the Angiris Council are Valor, Justice, Hope, Wisdom, and Fate.... Any thoughts?Elyias17 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Diablo III: WRATH http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LEAPxgMCEA8 As you probably saw on the D3 reveal. Thoughts? Do you think Diablo as a product identity could spawn an animated series or perhaps graphic novels (in addition to the text novels). Personally, I'd like to see it done like HBO's Spawn which I own on dvd. Personal notes: -Shield Run + Jump? Swear I saw just that in Outlander -Angel Whips = Shamshiel from Evangelion influence?Mijuu0 May 10, 2012
May 9, 2012 Zoltan Kulle (Possible Spoiler) In the Wizard story, Firefly, it says: "She learned temporal magic from the writings of mages who had extended their lives far beyond those of normal men, and read of others who had so empowered themselves that death's gaze passed over them, mages like the mad wizard Zoltun Kulle, who replaced his blood with the sands of time and could not be killed, only imprisoned." I don't know about y'all, but to me that passage and the bits and pieces mentioned in the Book of Cain about this guy makes it seem very likely that we'll end up fighting this guy. Thoughts?Russ11 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Black Abyss for Angels? Is there a place where angels resurrect? I am assuming they do since they haven't lose yet haha...Decebal17 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Where is Hadriel in Diablo III? I heard so much about the other angels but where is Hadriel... If you don't remember who Hadriel is he is the angel that stops to tell you how to open the seals and fight Diablo..If he wasn't there I would of never figured it out. Is he still alive? Is he in Diablo III if so where?!? I will never forget this quote. ... P.S. btw Hadriel > Tyreal...Hadriel was in the River of Flames all by himself that is pretty bada**. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/HadrielCoolness1 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Diablo Books Story Arc Hi, new to the Diable universe and before D3 comes out I wanted to catch up on the lore so I won't be entirely lost. I went to go pick up D3: Book of Cain and right next to it was almost another dozen books from Diable and Diablo 2. Now since I can't read that many books in 8 days can anyone tell me which ones are a MUST read, and in which order? Or does Book of Cain sum everything up enough by itself? Thanks in advance!Gunlok4 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 What was Tyrael doing in Tal Rasha's tomb? He might have answered it in Diablo II but I don't remember. How did Tyrael know to go to Tal Rasha's tomb? Did someone tip him off to the fact that Wanderer was going to free his brother? Suspicious.junyamint23 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 The Sin War (confusion) I was wondering if someone can please help me, in anticipation of Diablo 3 I've been reading all the Diablo lore and playing D1 & D2. Now when I came across a book in D1 it talks about the Sin war being the war the lesser evils had over the throne when the Prime Evils were kicked out. Now at the same time I just read the trilogy The Sin War by Richard A Knaack which were fantastic but I am confused as to why it is called the Sin War, when D1 clearly states this happened at a much later time when the Prime evils were kicked out.Evildatum1 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 The Red Green Blue Theory to Diablo III's end OK guys, here's another theory on how Diablo 3 will end. The last setting are the diamond gates of heaven, where you fight both angels and demon bosses (diablo, imperious, etc). After a long hard battle, the hero will triumph just as Uldyssian did, showing once in for all that the powers of Nephalem aren't to be messed with. The player will then walk up to the Crystal Arch Tower in the High Heavens where the Spine of Anu is located, and the spirit of Anu, represented as a being light will present the player with three choices. The player can first choose to destroy both the Angels and Demons, thereby ensuring the survival of Sanctuary forever-- from both being purged by angels or corrupted by demons. This will be known as the red choice. The player can also choose to unite the Angels and Demons into one form. Thereby making a new generation of Nephalem, and making both the angels and demons like humans. This will be known as the green choice. Finally, the player can choose to rule over both the Angels and Demons, keeping them in control and in balance. Preserving all three realms : Heaven, Sanctuary, and Hell. This will be known as the blue choice. Diablo 3 will then have 3 different color-coded endings based on what choice you picked, and then there will be a message at the end of it encouraging you to continue the adventure in harder difficulties, and take advantage of the RMAH if you need some extra advantage on those levels.enfo13 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Pronunciation of Angiris? Thoughts? Does anyone know?Bloodlust8012 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Newest trailer juxtapose Newest trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBSmotIfUf8) juxtaposes the words "Justice shall fall upon the world of men" with the falling star, all but confirming what we already know... It's Tyreal...Doggir2 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 The soulstones.... One thing i don't understand about the soulstones. Why breaking the soulstone will send the demon to the dark abyss, if the demon isn't sealed in it anymore?D3BETA15 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Tyrael vs. Imperius Imperius is obviously getting his @$$ kicked by Tyrael in the new TV spot for Diablo 3. If you watch closely, Tyrael can be seen weilding and thrusting Imperius's Spear of Valor, Solarion, into Imperius himself. Possibly Tyrael is corrupt after destroying the World Stone and convinces the player (us) to help him kill Imperius or Imperius wants to destroy Sanctuary and the Nephalem and Tyrael tries to stop him. Discuss.Enyx37 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Warth questions I'm curios to what diablos plot was, if this took place years go. He showed that Valor has a wrath and pride issue. To what Split the consul and what does a event so long ago have to do with diablo 3's story arc.Shorty0 May 9, 2012
May 8, 2012 What about Lilith ? I wonder what Lilith´s role is in the story of Diablo.I find Lilith interesting and Inarius too.But all we saw in Diablo was Baal,Mephisto,Diablo and their lesser evils Duriel and Andariel.I think Azmodan and Belial (also lesser evils) will be encountered in Diablo 3. But what about Lilith ?What happened to her? I hope to encounter her in near future.Or maybe we will see Inarius and Lilith in an expansion of Diablo 3... What do you people think ? Greetings SoulscreamSoulscream5 May 8, 2012
May 8, 2012 Simple Question about Mephisto We all know Mephisto's soulstone was destroyed in Diablo II, which should effectively banish him from ever returning to the realm of sanctuary. My question though is does the destruction of the Worldstone at the end of Diablo II lift that banishment at all?GGTeMpLaR4 May 8, 2012
May 8, 2012 Why is Diablo still alive ????? Since, his soulstone has been crushed in the hell forge and he was sent back to the Black Abyss, I'm wondering why is he still alive, why not Baal, not Mephisto ???? Side question: In the Black Soulstone trailer, Azmodan indicates that he wants to become the Prime Evil, but in the Book of Cain, Derick Cain says "Lesser Evil is as powerful as Prime Evil" (Not exact quote, but it's something like that), so why does he want to become a Prime Evil, what is the Benefit? Side question 2: Does anyone want Duriel to back in Diablo III? The most difficult boss in Diablo 2(personal opinion) it would be awesome to fight him again in Diablo III :)RoyalFlush17 May 8, 2012
May 8, 2012 Short Story: Unyielding - monk misconception? Just finished reading the Monk short story Unyielding. Good story. Plenty of action. It also brought up some interesting philosophical dilemma. Though I was also kind of confusing (or disappointed) initially. While the game's artwork / design of monk was based on the Buddism monks (Chinese or Japanese branch), none of the concepts / principles of monk in the story are anything close to that of the Buddism counterpart. Of course, the Ivgorod monk is totally fictitious, so I do not use the word "wrong" to describe it. With this in mind, I finished the reading and it is all good. Yet, I think I would better point this out here in case someone do not have much idea what the real Buddism is and got some wrong impression from the story. - the Ivgorod monk talks about "balance" throughout the whole story. Buddism do not talk about balance. Instead, its main concepts are "karma", "rebirth", etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism#Buddhist_concepts ; the religion / philosophy that talks about balance is the Chinese Tao: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao - the Ivgorod monk need to have total obedience to their Patriachs' order and carry out duty for them irrespective of nature of it. Buddism does not really works this way. Buddism monks have their own study and duty in the individual temple and do not need to follow order of any religious leader. Ironically, Roman Christianity's Pope and Bishops have more resemblence. - the Ivgorod Patriachs are the representatives of their gods and monks instrument to carry out god's duty. Muslim has similar concept. Definitely not Buddism. Again, since the Ivgorod monk is totally fictitious, I am not complaining or such. It just amuses me that while visual setting of the art of Diablo 3 monk was based on Buddism monk, the background of Ivgorod monk was a combination of different religions except Buddism! lolWakeman11 May 8, 2012
May 8, 2012 Summary of diablo1 and 2 stories I never played diablo 1. Though I spent tons of hours in d2, I don't really remember the story at all. I started replaying it, but every time i hear part of the story I'm just confused.. Is there a nice summary of the story up until d3?Animus5 May 8, 2012
May 7, 2012 Tv Add has some intresting parts. (This is all based off the Add, If you post no spoilers you if know anything) look out lore nerd here. First, Imperiu's wings are fire it seems (angles are suppose to be only light and sound) and he is being dragged. Second Tyreal is wielding Imperial's Spear, which from what I understand that is a huge No No in angle lore, you don't touch someone elses weapon. Third, Diablo looks like a total bad-!@#. Fourth, Shots of the high-heavens which seems to have some type of conflict in it. Fifth, The Crystal arch being shattered, (if that was it was), Isn't that one of the things that holds the high-heavens together. Thoughts folks?Shorty8 May 7, 2012
May 7, 2012 Guia de preparação para o Dia 15 Fonte:http://www.diablofans.com/ Conforme nos aproximamos do tão aguardado dia do lançamento de Diablo 3, no dia 15 de Maio, nós temos alguns detalhes para compartilhar sobre o que esperar, como se preparar, e quando você estará apto a instalar e jogar. Compre o jogo Se você não comprou ainda o seu Diablo 3, você pode adquirí-lo diretamente da Blizzard através da pré-venda digital. Você também pode fazer a pré-compra do jogo na maioria dos revendedores e fornecedores especializados em produtos para jogos de alta qualidade ao redor do mundo. Se você está interessado na Edição de Colecionador de Diablo® III, por favor esteja ciente de que essa versão, que é apenas física, é emitida em quantidades limitadas e já foi vendida na maioria dos lugares que fazem pré-venda de jogos. Nós recomendamos ligar e verificar se seus fornecedores locais terão a edição de colecionador disponível. Crie sua BattleTag™ Nós acreditamos que na noite do lançamento, tanto o serviço do jogo como o site estarão sobrecarregados devido à imensa quantidade de pessoas ansiosas para estar entre os primeiros a jogar Diablo III. Tendo isso em mente, nós recomendamos enfaticamente que vocês criem suas BattleTags agora, já que ela será necessária para jogar Diablo III. Por favor não se esqueça que esse apelido não-único é uma escolha permanente, e será mostrado tanto em jogo como no website, então tenha certeza de escolher um do qual você gosta! Horários de Lançamento Regionais Como mencionado anteriormente no anúncio dos nossos eventos de meia-noite, o horário de lançamento do jogo está dividido por regiões. Os servidores das Américas (E.U.A., Canadá, América Latina, Austrália, Nova Zelândia, e Sudeste Asiático) abrirão em 15 de Maio, as 12:01 a.m. PDT. (04:01am Horário de Brasília) Download da Pré-venda Digital Se você comprou uma cópia digital, você pode começar a baixar seu cliente agora mesmo, e nós recomendamos que faça isso. Nós também temos um guia visual de Diablo III em pré-venda que pode ser útil. Como pode levar algum tempo para baixar o jogo completo, é melhor que você começe logo. Isso pode lhe dar mais tempo para resolver algum problema que você possa encontrar com o instalador ou o baixador. Instalação Antecipada Nós iremos desbloquear o instalador do jogo às 8:01 a.m. PDT (12:01 Horário de Brasília) do dia 14 de Maio. Isso permitirá que vocês possam instalar o jogo, resolver quaisquer problemas que possam vir a ter, baixar e instalar o patch do dia de lançamento v1.0.1, e estar prontos para jogar assim que os servidores ficarem online. Horário de Lançamento do Global Play Nós ligaremos o Global Play quando o jogo já estiver lançado em todas as regiões. Isso significa que vocês não estarão aptos a jogar em outras regiões diferentes da sua região nativa até após o lançamento da meia-noite nas Américas. Nós proporcionremos uma atualização uma vez que o Global Play estive funcionando, e você será então capaz de mudar a região à qual você se conecta atrave´s das opções de jogo. Por favor, note que personagens, itens e a lista de amigos não são transferidas através das regiões, e portanto jogadores que se concectarem a regiões fora da sua região nativa somente serão capazes de utilizar a casa de leilão baseada em ouro. Mais informações podem ser encontradas no nosso artigo de introdução ao Global Play. Login na noite de Lançamento Já que liberamos o instalador de Diablo III antecipadamente, muitas pessoas estarão prontas para logar assim que os servidores estiverem online a meia-noite, então estaremos monitorando cuidadosamente o impacto nos serviços. É possível que seja necessário ajustar a taxa sob a qual permitimos que os jogadores entrem online para garantir uma experiência estável, e se nós o fizermos, você poderá ver um atraso enquanto estiver tentando logar. Por favor esteja ciente de que o atraso de até 40 segundos é possível enquanto o jogo tenta conectar você. Se sua conexão não suceder em 40 segundos, uma mensagem de Erro 37 lhe será apresentada, pedindo que tente novamente. Se você vir essa mensagem de erro, isso significa que você realmente deve tentar denovo. Estaremos trabalhando contra o relógio para mantê-los informados de quaisquer problemas que estejam ocorrendo através da janela de notícias importantes no jogo, assim como nos fóruns.brunobyof3 May 7, 2012
May 7, 2012 Wish Upon a Fallen Star What do you think the Fallen Star is? I am placing my money on it being a soul stone from Heaven or Hell.Khrono52 May 7, 2012
May 7, 2012 Imperius vs. Diablo In the new commercial released today(link below) you can see Imperius fighting Diablo in heaven, and it looks like Tyrael is helping Imperius. This makes it seem that the frames of Tyrael holding Imperius' spear is him grabbing his spear after it is knocked out of his hand or maybe after Imperius is defeated. My question is who wins the fight, and how did Diablo end up in heaven? Diablo must be his true form and not possessing Leah(which is great) because he couldn't possess a human and just walk to heaven (unless he possessed an angel but I doubt it). I think that Diablo was knocked out of heaven after losing the fight (or winning and coming down in a star, doesn't make much sense) but that if Tyrael was knocked to Earth then why would the Skeleton King come to life? Thoughts? http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/01/diablo-3-tv-spot-exclusive-video/xoSHIVERox21 May 7, 2012
May 7, 2012 could the black soulstone be the abyss? I think it's safe to say that Azmodan is speaking to Diablo in the black soulstone cutscene. We know that Leah is the child of Aidan and Adria, and was conceived while Aidan was possessed by Diablo. We also know that Diablo has an affinity for Leoric's bloodline, and being the daughter of Aidan, she is Leoric's granddaughter. All signs point to Diablo, and I don't think that Leah is just a red herring. She's a descendent of Leoric, she was conceived while her father was possessed, she has a seemingly zombified model in the game, and Diablo's model is obviously feminine. The problem lies in how Diablo will escape from the Abyss. My thinking is that the black soulstone IS the Abyss, and the ultimate goal of the player is to destroy the abyss whilst all the evils are trapped within it. How will it happen? Well, watch the first few seconds of the black soulstone cinematic. Leah is flipping through the pages and passes over four very interesting images. One is a serpentine demon, the next is a pentagram with a distorted humanoid figure, the third is diablo's skull, and the fourth is the black soulstone. I'm assuming that the pentagram image is some sort of ceremony that will be performed on Leah to retrieve Diablo from the abyss and, through the small bit of influence he has on her from indirectly fathering her, allow him to possess her body, which will transform her into the undead looking model that was datamined. But who is the serpent? My bet is Belial. He's been confirmed to be in the game, but no one knows what he looks like. It wouldn't surprise me if Belial mascarades as an important character that either tricks Leah or forces her into the ritual. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if Adria is the one to do it too. She did, after all, sleep with Aidan while he was quite obviously not himself (after all, he did have Diablo's soulstone in his forehead). The importance of the black soulstone to Azmodan is most likely the same to Diablo if it is infact the Abyss. Possession of the Abyss could give a demonic lord the ability to absorb the power of his brethren trapped within. Obviously being one of only two remaining great evils doesn't make Azmodan a prime evil, so he needs some sort of catalyst, which we know from the trailer is the black soulstone. There's an interesting line in the trailer, however. Azmodan specifically says that he will reign as THE prime evil. THE prime evil is Tathamet. While speaking to Leah, Azmodan speaks of some sort of trap. It seems possible to me that the trap he's speaking of was a scheme laid out by Diablo to have all the evils but himself trapped within the black soulstone so that he could absorb their powers and become Tathamet, with Leah being the ace up his sleeve to escape from the Abyss himself. If I'm right, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Tathamet as a boss a la the Uber bosses from Diablo 2.recyclops8 May 7, 2012
May 7, 2012 Itherael and The Wonderer In the blizzcon 2011, during the lore panel, it was said that Itherael can't see the mortals, so, does that mean that he couldn't see Aidan and Tal Rasha while Diablo and Baal possessed their bodies? Because it seems the Angiris Council is almost powerless in the events of D1 and D2, Diablo pretty much did whatever he wanted in the first game and in D2, again the Prime Evils played everyone to do exactly what they wanted. To me, the destruction of the Worldstone was all part of the plan and, again, we did what they wanted. If that's so, it seems the angels are useless in the middle of all this, they couldn't foresee the demons plans, they didn't know of it, but a 'common' human, Cain, knew almost everything, we just couldn't catch up to the 3. I think Cain plays a bigger role in the series. Is any of this accurate?Casaroli4 May 7, 2012
May 7, 2012 Male/Female characters share the same story? So i was watching the wizard video and a few of the other videos but for this example I'll use the Wizard video, are we to believe the female character is also the male character in this video? or are these separate individuals with their own stories?Predator1 May 7, 2012
May 6, 2012 Belial Destroyed the World Stone This is my theory: At the end of LOD that wasn't in fact Tyreal. It was Belial. I believe he destroyed it knowing of a way to harness powers from one or many of it's shards to take the throne of Hell for himself. Azmodon is on to him and is now up to do the same thing.MOOK7 May 6, 2012