Demon Hunter

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the demon hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III demon hunter class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri2 Aug 24, 2011
May 25 DH Compendium: Builds, Tactics and Strategies Fellow DHs, I thought it would be good to not only have a current thread containing the most up to date info on the builds and strategies used by veteran Demon Hunters, but also one that will stay current. The goal of this thread is to be: a) an information resource containing the basic theories surrounding DH Sets, weapons, and skills so new players can have an idea of what works, and b) a reference for veteran players. *******************TABLE OF CONTENTS******************* 1. SET THEORY AND MECHANICS 2.4.1 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#2 1.1.0 Embodiment of the Marauder (M6) Set Mechanics 1.1.1 M6 Weapon Theory 1.1.2 M6 Skill Theory 1.2.0 Natalya’s Vengeance (N6) Set Mechanics 1.2.1 N6 Weapon Theory 1.2.2 N6 Skill Theory 1.3.0 Unhallowed Essence (UE6) Set Mechanics 1.3.1 UE Weapon Theory 1.4.0 The Shadow's Mantle (S6) Set Mechanics 2. DEMON HUNTER BUILDS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#3 2.1 Embodiment of the Marauder (updated 12 June 2018) 2.2 Natalya’s Vengeance 2.3 Unhallowed Essence (updated 5 January 2016) 2.4 The Shadow's Mantle (updated 23 February 2016) 2.5 DH Greater Rift Support Builds (added 30 January 2016) 2.6 Legacy of Nightmares (added 23 February 2016) 2.7 [2.4.1] Full list of DH Builds and Guides by Philosophios (added 29 February 2016) 2.8 Hybrid Builds 3. ARCHIVE OF TIMELESS DH KNOWLEDGE, STRATEGY, AND MECHANICS. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#4 3.1 Cluster Arrow Damage: An Empirical Analysis. by Shadow 3.2 DiEoxidE & FLIGHT’s Step Video Tutorials! by DiEoxidE and FLIGHT 3.3 How to Buff MfD Grim Reaper from 20% to 200% by VocaloidNyan 3.4 Natural Attack Speed Breakpoints? Posted by Animus716; answered by highq, RedCell, and KirusAlufras 3.5 Strafe and Rapid Fire Tick Frequency Mechanics. by Nubtro 3.6 The Dual-Wielder’s Handbook 2.2. by RedCell 3.7 [Guide] What's the Best Weapon for Me? by KirusAlufras (added 10 Mar 2015) 3.8 DH Rift Guardian Fighting Handbook [2015.5.1]. translated by GhostDragon (added 1 May 2015) 3.9 Offering Sprinter and Speed Racer to Groups by Amatzikahni 4. GENERAL D3 GAME MECHANICS AND CALCULATIONS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#5 4.1 Area Damage Explained by Amiar 4.2 Monster Progression Chart for GR v2 (>^^)> by VocaloidNyan 4.3 ROS Elemental Skill Damage Explained by Druin 4.4 2.3 DH DPS Calculator by Dawg6 (updated 30 Aug 2015) 4.5 N6 CDR Variations [Gear & Passives] by Ojen (added 3 May 2015) 4.6 The Yang of Maths (Multishot 2.3) by Psychologic (added 26 July 2015) 4.7 [Answered] Ball Lighting [et al] Breakpoints answered by Riv (added 19 August 2015) 4.8 Additive/Multiplicative DMG: DH's Perspective by TastySoup (added 6 September 2015) 4.9 DH Proc Co-Efficients for 2.3 by Marius (added 9 January 2016) 4.10 CHC Hard Cap: A DH's Perspective by TastySoup (added 30 January 2016) 4.11 Math and Strategy behind MfD: UE Perspective by RedCell (added 27 November 2016) 5. DEMON HUNTER FAQs AND OTHER USEFUL LINKS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#6 5.1 Class FAQs 5.2 Item/Set FAQs 5.3 D3 Fan Sites 5.4 Kanai's Cube ListRedCell115 May 25
Jul 9 Gearing for LON Rapid Fire questions Hey I already geared a Wizard and Necro, and I have a Multishot DH... But now I decided I want to go all out with LON Rapid Fire. I played it on PTR and it was fun. I plan to augment it and everything... Just wondering a few things. Will it be possible to farm this using Multishot? (GR 100 is a push for me) or should I build into Shadow just to so public and private groups? I would not be augmenting shadow... [Edit: I am going to make a shadow set.. hehe] Which items would be best to Target by upgrading rares? I'm talking ancient of course. I already have a pretty GG ancient COE with Damage / crit / crit / socket, and 194%. And a primal Unity with Crit / Crit / elite damage / socket. So there's that. Any other items o should upgrade rares for? What items besides Hellfire are the hardest to roll well? I plan to do a lot of reforging... I'm guessing it would be Dawn? PS: my wizard can solo 121, So it should be easy to get gem ups for augments.TrvAix6 Jul 9
Jul 8 N6UE4 I may have not tried the supposed N6M4 sentry build yet, but the N6UE4 build is pretty good. Still using cluster arrow as the damage ability, it appears to have more potential toughness and less wait/sentry setup than the N6M4. - Vengence is available via Dawn 40% damage increase and 50% damage reduction - UE2 piece bonus helps get discipline and hatred faster via hatred generator. - UE4 piece bonus helps with both damage increase and damage reduction of 60%. - Free belt slot (no need for Zoey's secret). - Free sixth ability slot (I currently use smoke screen).Xort3 Jul 8
Jul 7 N6M4 Question on legendary gems So i been trying out this N6M4 build and I like it. I have not tried a greater rift past 80 yet though, as I was leveling my pet power gem. So speaking of gems, I am wondering if Bane of the Trapped and Zei's Stone of Vengeance really go together? One is supposed to keep you away from the mobs and the other near the mobs. Might there be a better option? I got my build from icy Veins, but thought I would ask here. And if anyone has any advice on my build, i am all ears.Jammur5 Jul 7
Jul 7 Why does Shadow Impale run Pain Enhancer? I searched for the answer and did not find it, so my apologies if this has been asked/explained before elsewhere, but I'm not sure why Pain Enhancer is run in this build. The bleed seems negligible, regardless of gem level; is the increased attack speed really that potent relative to something like Bane of the Powerful or Bane of the Stricken for a Shadow Impale build?Auturgist3 Jul 7
Jul 7 Going from 15% to 20% Fire Damage? LON RF Hey all, my LON Raid Fire build is doing pretty well. My plan is to run a ton of low level GRs to get augments on every item haha. But one problem I have is that my Nemesis Bracers and my Swamp Land Waders both only have 15% Fire Damage on them. How big of an impact on a solo push would it have, if I did a ton of bounties and rolled higher Fire Damage closer to 20% on both of those? Here is a Link to the character (sorry If I swapped builds since posting). https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/TrvAix-1845/hero/107861766TrvAix2 Jul 7
Jul 7 N6m4 or UE? I'm enjoying multistage and it's an amazing spd farmer. But which of the builds push better?phatzas13 Jul 7
Jul 5 Nat rapidfire in group Given the recent solo of 134 with Nat rapid fire I can see potential for a group meta. LON rapidfire is not far behind wiz Starpact solo. Nats solo has more dps than LON, yet can slot much more damage in a group by adding CoE and Wolf. Comparing roughly where LON and Nats rapid fire differ : LON damage multipliers : LON CoE HF 60fire BaitTheTrap : 98.5 * 1.5 * 1.08 * 1.43 = 255x Nat Travellers : 141 * 2 = 282x Defensively Unity+LON vs Nats 60%. LON has about 66% more toughness. Meanwhile Nat has about 10% more dps. Swap Elusive for CoE and boar for wolf in a group I can see potential I am going to test this out. Nats is also much easier to gear, especially if you have a trifecta amulet.GAK2 Jul 5
Jul 2 New DH player. Which is better? Hello. I am just getting back into diablo 3 and decided to make a seasonal hardcore demon hunter with my friends. I am currently using the basic UE multishot build. Now I usually use the UE helm for the bonus, Gunes in cube, and CoE for my cube jewelry. I've found a decent Gunes so I thought "why not use grandeur in cube jewelry slot, wear the gunes on my DH, and fill my cube armor slot with magefist for damage? Wouldn't it out-damage a cycling CoE ring?" I dont see anyone doing this. Is there a reason why? Explain it like I'm 5, because I haven't played in years haha. I saw someone post a link to their DH on a thread but I have no idea how. I can do it when I'm home from work though.ReLoaded0199 Jul 2
Jul 1 What to change on DML primal quiver? What change is going to give the best bang for the buck on this dead mans legacy? https://i.postimg.cc/hjJXfnNg/primal.png Thanks-FrostyDog2 Jul 1
Jun 30 Gloves of Worship? So yesterday I picked a strange legendary "Gloves of Worship". Now I haven't been playing that long but I feel like I have generally seen almost all of the gear I'll find as a DH in some form or another. And yet I have never seen this until just yesterday. " * Shrine effects last for 10 mins" Is this like GRift gold? GR's are only 15 minutes, having shield immunity, speed, channeling, power CONDUIT .... for almost the entire duration of a difficult GR seems like it would be extremely strong. Obviously I'd have to break 6 set bonus to wear the gloves, or wear them with a ring of grandeur, but... 10 mins? Heck you could run and pick up several shrines and have them all on for almost the entire Rift. Anyone else have or use these? Thoughts?Distortion19 Jun 30
Jun 29 Need some advice for GR pushing Hi ! I'm very much enjoying my UE Multishot DH, and currently trying to push GR solo. I've finished 99 with 2 minutes remaining, but I cant finish lvl 100 in time. My damage output is just too little, and I'm rather squishy too. I already tried swapping some gems, but to no avail. Could anyone have a look at my gear and abilities? Any advice is much appreciated :) https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Pim-2661/hero/122487446Pim5 Jun 29
Jun 29 Reroll for Ancient Yang I recently got a decent Ancient Yang, but I am confused with the possible reroll. Here is the stats: Damage 3280.2 +10% Damage +897 Dex +840 Vit RCR 48% +11 Discipline 194% Multishot I am confused whether I should reroll the 11 Discipline to 12 for maximizing the UE power, but i think the Vit can change to sth else to maximize the dmg (e.g. Atk speed or Area DMG for physical Multishot). Not sure which one will have the best dmg overall. Would somebody can advise, thanks.CaptainNoddy4 Jun 29
Jun 28 Do Rockets Proc Area Damage? Rockets Multishot - Arsenal Cluster Arrow - Maelstrom, Shooting Star Do rockets from those skills proc area damage? Do rockets from sentries after using those skills with M4 set also proc area damage?Fangskin1 Jun 28
Jun 28 How on earth you stay alive? Title says it all. When I run public with DHs they nearly have half the life I have, identical toughness and they stand still shooting enemies, while anything over T.XV just looks at me and no kidding - in that INSTANT I'm dead. It's not like I'm standing in !@#$ waiting to be dead... thunder? dead ice? dead desecrator? ohboy soooooo dead I literally need a clean room so I can back away and keep a huge distance from well everything. I can't see where's my problem. I already tried going all diamonds on my gear, but made absolutely no difference.Paradox2 Jun 28
Jun 28 Help with Shadow Mantle DH Build hello guys thank you for the valuable advice. I am trying to build shadow mantle demon hunter build and i followed icyveins.com. What i find intriguing is that how it was selected as a build without primary source generator{hatred generator}. In the build from icy veins i didn't find any item which recovers hatred and being impale to be used as toe-to-toe weapon , i don't find it ideal to tackle groups of monsters who swarm me. I'm stuck with it as this is my haedrig's gift for this season and my first finished build. i've started new, and i wish anyone could help with a solution that compensates excessive use of hatred by implale skill in demon hunter. Note: i haven't completed my build ive yet get my weapons to complete the build. thank you once again.GGGoldDragon3 Jun 28
Jun 26 Finally got a good primal On my seasonal dh i got my first good primal,my quiver,yay. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/johnisme-1688/hero/111847185johnisme12 Jun 26
Jun 26 How do you guys beat eskandiel at 110+++? Should I just reboot the game because Eskandiel has a oneshot attack were I cant see it coming? Died like 10 times on him and 20 with awareness. I had around 6-700k hp and boar companion too.Sodril12 Jun 26
Jun 25 DH Spoiled Me! This is the first season I dabbled in playing and getting a DH decked out and it ruined other classes for me. I used to enjoy playing Int classes but now they just feel slow! Got the Shadow set from season journey, farmed up a UE MS set for speed farming, and improved Impale set for GR pushing. I was vaulting all the way from mobs to stash and it made this season really fun for me. What it did do though was ruin other classes for me :( as impale was on all the time, playstyles revolving around big CDs like LoTD or Archon were not attractive anymore. Anyone have other class recs that are similar to the DH?kebbs16 Jun 25
Jun 24 Should Unholy Plates get a discipline stat? The set Unhallowed Essence set is falling behind the other DH sets and does not compete for the top GR builds. Do you think it should get buffed? Should the pants get the chance to roll discipline?CrazyDude7 Jun 24
Jun 24 Dh set shadows - Dh set sombras Dh set ice shadows for fire. Good morning Mr. I'm building DH set shadows and I just found better items with elemental fire damage. So I ask: will I be greatly harmed by not using the ice rune? Dh set sombras de gelo para fogo. Bom dia Sr. Estou construindo DH set sombras e acabei de achar itens melhores com dano elemental fogo. Então pergunto: serei muito prejudicado por deixar de usar a a runa de gelo?SamuelZanca3 Jun 24
Jun 23 RF N6 vs LON (NS) Has anyone really broken down N6 vs LON for Non-Season (or Post S17) Rapid Fire? Pros/Cons and if one is truly superior? On paper I'd expect the N6 to have some higher damage bonuses up front (especially with the EW set) but there are issues with RoV timing disrupting channeling and loss of the secondary effects of other unique items in armor slots.Saros4 Jun 23
Jun 23 Shadow's Mantle 6 Piece: DH's Perspective Shadow's Mantle 6 Piece; DH's Perspective Shadow's Mantle has always been one of my favourite specs ever since they removed Grim Sever. I've decided that I'd put together a little guide on some knowledge, and some opinions on how and why people gear up the way they do, and use certain skills over other. I hope by the end it will have answered most of your questions and help you understand the shadow mantle's set a bit more. Table of Contents: Use your Browser's text search function (Ctrl+F) and use the "#.#" associated with the topic to navigate to sections faster. 1.0 Grievous Wounds ......1.1 Explanation/Bug Report ......1.2 Blue/Community Manager Confirmation 2.0 Useful Things to Know ......2.1 Chemical Burn and S6 ......2.2 Holy Point Shot's 3 Daggers and SM6 ......2.3 Ricochet and Pierces Damage after first hit ......2.4 Karlei's Point mentions an "Impaled" enemy, what is that? ......2.5 I can't maintain my hatred in low tier content ......2.6 Shadows Mantle 6 and Strong Arms Bracers 3.0 Gear and Stats ......3.1 Helm ......3.2 Shoulders ......3.3 Gloves ......3.4 Chest ......3.5 Bracers ......3.6 Belt ......3.7 Pants ......3.8 Boots ......3.9 Amulet ......3.10 Ring 1 ......3.11 Ring 2 ......3.12 Main Hand ......3.13 Off Hand 4.0 Cold versus Lightening ......4.1 Misconceptions, Pros and Cons of both ......4.2 Stacking Pain Enhancer with cold or lightening ......4.3 I can't get a Holy Point Shot with cold or lightening damage 5.0 I was fighting a Dune Dervish/Sand Dweller and got insta-killed, what happened? ......5.1 Dune Dervish ......5.2 Sand Dweller ......5.3 Why aren't these enemy's issues for other DH specs? 6.0 Conclusion ......6.1 Summary _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ 1.0 Grievous Wounds 1.1 Explanation/Bug Report: When using Shadows Mantle 6 piece the physical skill "Grievous Wounds" is disabled and is essentially the same as selecting no rune at all. This was done by design by the developers to apparently promote diversity: ... 1.2 Blue/Community Manager Confirmation: ... _________________________________________________________________ 2.0 Useful Things to Know 2.1 Chemical Burn and S6: The 6 piece bonus does not boost the burn damage from Chemical Burn. It always deals 250% dmg per second, and lasts 2 seconds. Follow up hits do not stack, they reset the timer to 2 seconds. 2.2 Holy Point Shot's 3 Daggers and SM6 All 3 daggers from Holy Point Shot will deal 75,750% dmg to the first monster hit. All of the daggers from HPS can also hit the same target at once effectively dealing 227,250% dmg to a single enemy. 2.3 Ricochet and Pierces Damage after first hit All follow up ricochets and pierces only deal 750% dmg, their dps is negligible compared to the first hit. You should never be overly concern about the pierces and ricochets, you just need them to generate hatred with Karlei's Point 2.4 Karlei's Point mentions an "Impaled" enemy, what is that? When a monster is hit by impale, they will have a physical dagger sticking in them that lasts for ~2 seconds, this is an "Impaled" enemy. When using Karlei's point, follow up hits to a monster with a dagger in them will produce hatred 2.5 I can't maintain my hatred in low tier content Sometimes in lower content you 1 shot everything and never get a chance for Karlei's to return hatred. To run SM6 smoothly in lower tier content, switch Vengeance - Dark Heart, to Vengeance - Seethe, it will solve all of your hatred issues. If you want dark heart back, you can drop aquillas from the cube for Visage of Gunes. 2.6 Shadows Mantle 6 and Strong Arms Bracers The person wearing Strong Arms must be the one who produces the knockback. For DHs using SM6 this is often achieved by using Vault - Rattling Roll. Just to clarify followers and pets do not count as "you" and will not proc Strong Arms, so do not rely on them. But, if multiple people are wearing strong arms, and they all have a way to knockback a monster and are able to proc it on a monster, they will stack. For example: DH 1 is using Vault - Rattling Roll and has a 25% Strong Arms equipped DH 2 is using Vault - Rattling Roll and has a 29% Strong Arms equipped Monk 1 is using Cyclone Strike and has a 30% Strong Arms equipped The monk pulls Monster A, and B into him using Cyclone Strike, debuffing them by 30%. Next both DHs vault in to go kill the monsters, but DH 2 accidentally knocked Monster B out of the way and they both only hit Monster A with Rattling Roll. Monster A got hit by all 3 sources of Knockback and would now have a: = Monk SA + DH 1 SA + DH 2 SA = 30+25+29 = 84% dmg debuff Monster B only got hit by the Monk and DH 2, so they would now be at a: = Monk SA + DH 2 SA = 30 + 29 = 59% dmg debuff _________________________________________________________________ 3.1 Helm: Shadows Mantle Dext Crit Chance Impale Damage Socket w/Diamond ------------------------- Physical Resist The most important stats on this are the crit chance and impale damage, and you'll always put a diamond in the socket for this set. Things like Physical Resist on the secondary can be really useful, but shouldn't be higher priority than the primary stats listed. When at a low paragon level it may be wise to forgo Impale damage or Crit Chance in favour of Vitality. 3.2 Shoulders: Shadow Mantle Dext Cooldown Reduction Area Damage Vitality or All Resists ------------------------- Physical Resist (only if you don't get All Resists on it) The most important stat here in my opinion is obtain 8% Cooldown Reduction. After that you'll want to decide if you want area damage, I personally highly recommend it. Finally you'll want either All Resist or Vitality, both equally useful. One thing to consider, having a smaller health pool but higher resists means you take less damage per hit, and inversely means you get more use out of your Life on Hit 3.3 Gloves: Shadows Mantle Frostburns (season only, if playing cold damage) Dext Crit Chance Crit Hit Damage Vitality or Area Damage or Attack Speed or Cooldown Reduction ------------------------- Physical Resists You'll always want to have, Dext, Crit Chance and Critical Hit Damage on this item. The next stat is entirely up to you and often debated, some people like vitality for the extra toughness, another common stat is to add in Attack Speed. Others prefer Area Damage to combine with the shoulder for 90% Area Damage after paragon. Finally you can also slot Cooldown Reduction here to obtain 100% uptime with Vengeance. 3.4 Chest: Shadows Mantle Aquila Cuirass (season only) Dext Vitality All Resists or Elite Damage Reduction 3 Sockets w/Diamonds ------------------------- Life per Kill Range or Melee Damage Reduction You'll always want to have dext, vitality and Life per Kill on this item. Another extremely useful stat you'll most likely want to get is either Range or Melee Damage reduction, depending on which opposite one you get on your bracer. Next you'll want to decide if you want All Resistance or Elite Damage Reduction, one thing to consider with this choice is that you can only obtain Elite Damage Reduction on the chest piece or from using Bane of the Powerful. It's not a priority stat but can be useful. 3.5 Bracers: Strong Arms Lacuni Prowlers Nemesis Elemental Damage Dext Vitality Crit Chance ------------------------- Range or Melee Damage Reduction First you need to decide which bracers you want to use. A common choice is Strong Arms bracers, it pairs extremely well with Vault - Rattling Roll. One thing to consider though is that it doesn't help versus the Rift Guardian, because you can't knockback RGs. Another good item choice in this slot is Lacuni Prowlers for extra attack speed which will help with DPS and life regen through more life on hit. The last item is Nemesis bracers, this item can be extremely dangerous, see section 5.0. The two most important stats on the bracers is the Crit Chance and Elemental Damage. You'll want to get as much crit chance as possible but make sure that the you have the correct corresponding element on it as your impale rune; ie. Lightening Damage for Ricochet or Cold Damage for Overpenetration. Having dext and vitality on it isn't hard to pull off, finally you'll want to try and find a pair with Range or Melee Damage Reduction on it, either or will help but ideally the opposite of your chest piece. 3.6 Belt: Chain of Shadows Witching Hour (season only) Dext Vitality All Resists +% Life ------------------------- Life per Kill This item isn't to hard to obtain, strive to achieve at least dext, vitality, all resists and life per kill, the extra +% Life is just gravy. If playing seasons, you can opt to throw Chain of Shadows in the cube and equip Witching Hour, if going this route your best stats are Dext, and Vitality but your priority should be as much Crit Hit Damage as possible. 3.7 Pants: Shadows Mantle Swamp Land Waders (season only, any element you want) Dext Vitality All Resists 2 Sockets w/Diamonds ------------------------- Life per Kill Once again, not a very hard item to obtain, I'd prioritize All Resists over Life per Kill, but getting both isnt very difficult. In regards to Swamp Land Waders for season only, if you have a Witch Doctor you can obtain a pair of pants with whatever element on them and then Reroll the Intelligence to Dexterity. This can be very useful for obtaining extra Lightening Damage, but will be hard to roll very well. 3.8 Boots: Shadows Mantle Dext Vitality All Resists Impale Damage ------------------------- Physical Resists (if you cant get All Resists) you'll want you boots to have a nice mix of toughness but you absolutely must obtain Impale Damage on this slot. It has no other ways to majorly contribute to your dps, othat than impale damage, so it should be the priority. 3.9 Amulet: Travellers Pledge Elemental Damage Crit Chance Crit Hit Damage Socket w/Legendary Gem ------------------------- Life per Kill Range or Melee Damage Reduction The most important stats on this item are without a doubt the primaries, the secondaries are just a nice little touch if you get them, considering how hard this item is to roll perfectly. Ideally you'll want Elemental Damage but Dext is sufficient until you can obtain it. 3.10 Ring 1: The Compass Rose Average Damage Dext Crit Chance Crit Hit Damage Socket w/ Legendary Gem ------------------------- Life per Kill Physical Resists Easily one of the hard items to obtain proper stats with. Use one with as close to those stats as possible. When gearing at the highest level, you should strive to achieve Average Damage as the extra damage stat, it without a doubt provides the most boost out of all the obtains and really helps out the daggers damage. 3.11 Ring 2: Convention of Elements Elusive Ring Average Damage Crit Chance Crit Hit Damage Socket w/ Legendary Gem ------------------------- Life per Kill Physical Resists It doesn't matter which of these two rings you phsyically equip because you will cube the other one, the most important thing here is whether they have the correct crit mods and then after that which of the two different rings has a better legendary affix. Ideally you will want you Convention of Elements to have more than 190% dmg on it, and your Elusive Ring should hopefully have 58%+ dmg reduction on it. You'll probably bounce between the two rings being equipped and in the cube as you get upgrades. 3.12 Main Hand: Karlei's Point Extra Damage +% Increased Weapon Damage Dext Socket w/Emerald Increased Attack Speed or Vitality or Area Damage ------------------------- Life per Kill This item is extremely easy to obtain by upgrading rare daggers in the cube. When done on a Demon Hunter it can only produce 2 different daggers, Karlei's Point and Lord Greenstones Fan. So its not very difficult to obtain a good weapon, and this should be a priority. The most important stat on Karlei's point will be the legendary affix, which should be above 350+%, and hopefully ancient. In regards to the final affix, its a toss up and depends on what you need, and I'm not certain which is technically "the best", just make sure you have good extra damage and a high legendary affix. 3.13 Off Hand: Holy Point Shot Elemental Damage Dext Crit Chance Impale Damage ------------------------- Discipline This is probably the second hardest item to obtain and will also highly influence which elemental rune you select, depending on the element it rolls with. Ideally, the best would be either cold or lightening, but any of them will do. Also discipline is not necessary, but can be nice if you get it, I would never roll for it unless you already have all the primary stats and they're perfect. Impale Damage is also extremely hard to get on it, but can help a lot, it should be an end game goal. _________________________________________________________________ 4.0 Cold versus Lightening 4.1 Misconceptions, Pros and Cons of both Both the Cold rune, Overpenetration, and the lightening rune, Ricochet, have the ability to reliably return hatred and are often debated as to which is better. It's sometimes brought up that cold can deal more dmg cause of the extra monsters hit, but the advantage cold has over lightening has absolutely nothing to do with it's potential to hit more targets. Both the damage from the extra daggers that ricochet and pierce only deal 750% dmg, its worthless compared to the 75,750% dmg you deal to the first targets. Cold allows you to have much more control of the agro your daggers produce. With cold you can pull and kite mobs much more easily than ricochet, by doing things like: poking monsters way on the edge of the map that are out of the mob ball, ensuring elites continue to focus on you and follow you as you pull them through the map. The fact that you control where the pierces goes, gives you a bit more control over the enemies. Ultimately though, for a majority of the casual players, lightening is gonna be much more reliable and smooth. The niches cold has aren't game breaking enough imo to make it mandatory to push with. If you get good cold gear definitely rock it, but don't think it's necessary to obtain if you end up with lightening. 4.2 Stacking Pain Enhancer with cold or lightening Both runes have strengths and weaknesses in regards to stacking PE. Cold can hit more enemies possibly enabling more stacks, but they have to be in a dense ball, or straight line. There are instances where Lightening is better at keeping PE up by auto targeting and hitting stray monsters or tiny packs of monsters. You also have both Vengeance's piercing side guns reaching deep into the mob and FoK extends 20 yards, the same radius as PE, so it helps maintain stacks quite well. Ultimately, once you throw in Vengeance, FoK, and all the possible mob positioning scenarios, both are gonna produce roughly the same amount of stacks on average. 4.3 I can't get a Holy Point Shot with cold or lightening damage In the end, cold or lightening should be the goal, but it actually doesn't matter which element you use. If you end up getting really solid Physical or Fire dmg gear, you can still effectively push and level up with SM6. I recommend using what ever element Kadala gives you until you're able to obtain either cold or lightening and then build from there. _________________________________________________________________ 5.0 I was fighting a Dune Dervish/Sand Dweller and got insta-killed, what happened? 5.1 Dune Dervish https://www.diablowiki.net/File:Dune-dervish.jpg When Dune Dervish use their whirlwind attack (shown in picture above) it will reflect all physical projectiles back at the user at FULL strength. That means they can send that, 75,750% * All it's buffs, dagger you just tossed right back at you and your allies potentially insta-killing them. When the monster is spinning, avoid attacking them at all costs and engage them after they stop spinning. ** Also, there is a bug with Nemesis Bracers that makes shrines spawn Dune Dervish A LOT. Be extremely careful when using Nemesis, these guys can even insta-kill you in T1 ** 5.2 Sand Dweller: https://diablo.gamepedia.com/Sand_Dweller (can't find a picture with the Sand Shield up) Sand Dwellers have an ability called "Sand Shield", it's the swirling belt of sand that appears around them. It will also reflect projectiles back at you at full strength, they can be extremely dangerous to fight if you aren't paying attention, but they don't spawn nearly as often. Just like the Dervish, the only way to counteract this is to avoid fighting them when the sand shield is up. 5.3 Why aren't these enemy's issues for other DH specs? These monsters can be issues for other DH specs, but most of our meta-builds do not actually launch a "projectile". Skills like Cluster Arrow and Multishot, or the Rockets produced by either or don't actually count as physical projectile that have collision detection. You can launch these skills at a monster in the far back of the mob and it will fly through all the others ignoring them until it hits the target destination. _________________________________________________________________ 6.0 Conclusion 6.1 Summary Shadow's Mantle 6 can be an extremely powerful and fun set to play with a bit of variety......annnnnnd I'll expand this later, cause i have no idea what else to say at the moment. Please point out any errors, ask questions, or add information you feel is important. C[~]!!! CHEERS! C[~]!!! Happy hunting everyone, TSPTastySouP45 Jun 23
Jun 21 Buff Req: Chakram, Elemental Arrow, Strafe For build diversity, I suggest the following buff of legendaries. 1. Chakram 1.1. Spines of Seething Hatred: Chakram generates 3-4 Hatred and it deals 250-300% increased damage. 1.2. Sword of Ill Will: Chakram deals 5-7% increased damage for every point of Hatred the Demon Hunter currently has. 2. Elemental Arrow 2.1. Kridershot: Elemental Arrow generates 3-4 Hatred and it deals 450-550% increased damage. 3. Strafe 3.1. K'mar Tenclip: Strafe gains the Drifting Shadow rune and it deals 300-350% more damage. 3.2. Valla's Bequest: The missile of Strafe now pierce and it deals 300-350% more damage.Fangskin3 Jun 21
Jun 21 Returning DH Hi guys, just got back to playing diablo in several years. Just wondering what are currently the best builds for DH? Is it still unhallowed essence/marauder/impale? Just want to know if my current setup is still the way to go, thanks! https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Rambo-1547/hero/1399865Rambo7 Jun 21
Jun 20 RF - Bombardment Riddle Question: Can you spot an increase in Grenades going out in each vid? 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umHOjUuReeA 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6UNz_FkUnI 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8tnQJyE-mw THX!Kindergarten7 Jun 20
Jun 20 Set Balancing Was just looking at the NS leaderboards, and I was pleased to see the variety in the top 10 clears. 1. Nat RF 2. LON RF 3. Nat RF 4. Impale 5. Impale 6. UE Multishot 7. Impale 8. Impale 9. Impale 10. Impale Rank 11-72 are all impale... Looks like Marauder's could use a bump? I couldn't find anything in the top 100 clears, with the exeption of rank 73 which is N6M4 (which I thought was stronger). From those who are in the know, what do you think needs changing? EDIT: Talking about NA NS.Poconut11 Jun 20
Jun 20 [Q] Rapid Fire Tick Rate Hi all, I am NOT pro-gamer but after the RF buff and heard that "Rapid Fire" + "Sin Seekers" still can proc https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/obsidian-ring-of-the-zodiac-Unique_Ring_023_p2 I decide to open Spread Sheet to calculate the possibility of using "Fortress Ballista" to replace "Dawn" in RF build. So I have couple of questions ^^ :- 1) Does the tick rate discovered by Nubtro still unchanged? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/8569329357 2) Max predictable non-weapon IAS that I can stack? Paragon : 10% Gem (Gogok) : 15% Quiver : 20% Gloves : 7% Belt : 7% Helm () : 7% Bracers () : 7% Amulet : 7% Ring 1 : 7% Ring 2 : 7% Am I missing something? Thanks in advance :-)WCLee6 Jun 20
Jun 19 對不起!想分享剛完成的3項毅力極限 I am sorry! I don't know English but really want to share this creation. 暗黑破壞神3傳奇寶石100級全集, 宣傳廣告圖片設計終於冶煉完成。 這是第三個忍耐力極限挑戰: 第一個:狩魔獵人攻略 第二個:帶你前往所有套裝地城送所有套裝配置攻略 第三個:暗黑寶石100級全集 Diablo3 Level 100 All GEMS https://umberdp.blogspot.com/p/100_21.htmlUmber5 Jun 19
Jun 17 Unhallowed questions i've had a few problems while trying to use the ue with physical damage bonuses (the full broadside rune on multishot). Could anyone help me with what to add to my gear or what stats to re-roll? And is the full broadside rune really better than the arsenal? Won't show on my profile for whatever reason but I did switch to full broadside and rerolled my dmg into physical. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/ectagel-1955/hero/98253892 (my profile)ectagel13 Jun 17
Jun 16 2.6.5 (updated) DH DPS Calculator 05/14/2019: Updated for patch 2.6.5/Season 17 Apparently there is a 25 page limit to forum posts, so I renamed the old post as "archived," and created this new thread. The old one can be found here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14926303061 8/26/15 Updated for some of the 2.3 changes. You can check my open issue list on github for more info. Here's a link to the calculator: https://dhcalc.dawg6.com/ I started this project a few months ago when I made my first M6 DH. Then I found the existing calculator (d3profile.com) but I had a few ideas of my own (e.g., import battle.net profile, show all the underlying calculations). I've already received a number of additional suggestions from the reddit community which I will be incorporating into the tool over time. Here's a link to the reddit thread where I keep the "to-do list" and change log up to date: https://redd.it/2jiynj Update 10/12: I'll write up a more in-depth description of how to use the calculator and put it on the site some time this week. In the mean time, here is a short how-to: 1. Select your Realm and enter your battle tag. 2. Click "Get Hero List" to retrieve the list of Demon Hunters on your account 3. Select your hero from the down and select "Import" This will load all of your items and skills. After importing, the calculator will run a simulation to determine how much damage your character does under a specific scenario (see the box labeled "Situational"). Note: the battle.net API does not provide access to paragon points (except dexterity which can be calculated), so you will have to enter them manually. If you do this after hitting "Import" simply click "Simulate" to re-run the simulation. If you do this before hitting "Import" then they are already included in the simulation. Under "Damage Log" you will see each attack your hero makes along with the calculations for each. Click the "Legend" button for an explanation of the various fields used in the calculations. Under "Stat Calculator" you can see the effect of increasing or decreasing a particular stat. Under "Compare Builds" you can store up to three builds to see the difference in damage for each. Under "DPS/Break Point Calculator" you can see where you are with respect to breakpoints (along with how much you need for the next BP or how much extra IAS you have for the current BP). Most fields have a mouse-over tooltip that explains what it means.Dawg6351 Jun 16
Jun 16 Best way to get primal Karlei's Point? I've heard that getting a primal Karlei's Point dagger isn't very hard. Before I blow 9 seasons worth of crafting mats, whats the best way? Should I upgrade yellow daggers? Or should I reroll a Karlei's Point? Or just keep doing both till I get one?Primate34 Jun 16
Jun 14 Primal Holy Point Shot Recently i ran into a Primal Holy Point Shot: Primary Lightning skills deal 20% more damage +1000 Dexterity Attack Speed increased by 20% Chance to Deal 20% Area Damage on Hit Increases Hatred Regeneration by 1.50 per Second Secondary 35% Extra Gold from Monsters +12 Maximum Discipline I am gonna roll the hatred regen to CHC i suppose. Overall is this worth keeping (for solo higher Grifts, cause of the AD) or should i search for one with BOTH CHC and impale damage present.TRD10 Jun 14
Jun 13 Advice and questions So I have made it to 864 paragon points and have a full m6 marauders using polar station, vengeance, companion (wolf) multishot. I have the multishot bow with near perfect stats, and the associated quiver for multishot. I am using focus and restraint. In the cube I am using dawn for vengeance, zoes secret for defense and convection of elements. I have all ancient legendaries except for boots and restraint. I have gotten to a 93 grift and stopped, had about 8 minutes left, so I could go higher, I am thinking between 95-100 before i hit a ceiling. Question is, how high should I realistically be able to get to? Am I ahead or behind in terms of paragon points and gear compared to grift level?koreymac32885 Jun 13
Jun 13 GR110 I have noticed a huge increase in overall HP and DMG by mobs in GR110. It is significantly higher than 105. I can do around 108 with relative ease, but I seem to be getting rocked hard in GR110. I don't think my gear is terrible overall, just wondering in anyone has tips for GR110. Thanks! *Edited for player sheet link: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Malystryx-1664/hero/110893900Malystryx10 Jun 13
Jun 13 Chakram - Shuriken Cloud Change it... I feel like this skill rune was just a filler they never got rid of. Like no build...not even a T6 build is going to be useful with this Rune. It should be like Shuriken Nova or something. Make it a nova of tiny Chakrams that deal more damage on crit. OR a Chakram that explodes into a flurry of Missiles or Grenades on crit. What do you think?xSoulxFTWx8 Jun 13
Jun 12 Primal Yang's, do I need to re-roll anything? I can't believe this. I've only been playing my DH for a few days and I just cubed this weapon from upgrading a yellow bow. It's the first Primal weapon I've ever got that is used for a viable build. I think it's perfect but just want to check if I need to re-roll anything? Obviously will socket it with a gift. https://imgur.com/w7IIY01 Also, the only build it's usable for is UE right?Korakk14 Jun 12
Jun 11 What is the go to setup for UE speed runs? I'm looking to build a UE setup for speed runs and was just wondering what people's go to gear alterations are? https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/unhallowed-essence-multishot-demon-hunter-speed-farming-variation This build suggests using Boon of the Hoarder with a Gold Wrap and Avarice ring, with Warzechian bracers and some altered skills like Cold Multishot to allow you to drop Thrill of the Hunt and pick up Blood Vengeance to help speed up. Is this a good setup or is there something better?Korakk4 Jun 11
Jun 11 Justice lantern.... I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY this is a consistent drop, with dex mind you, for a DH loot pool. No demon hunter (Or monk for that matter) in their right mind is going to use this ring.Moysa7 Jun 11
Jun 10 bit of help needed Hi to everyone who is reading this. I've came back after a break from D3 and I want to start a seasonal dh. I'd need help w/ my character since i've been out for a while, so if anyone want to help me get back on track, thanks a lotectagel0 Jun 10
Jun 10 Why am I dying so much with DH Shadow Mantle? I found a few builds on various sites and while I'm overwhelmed with the amount of damage he's doing (one shotting everything), I just get tapped by anything and I die. I know I'm missing a few things like rings and kanai items that I'm still looking for but I can't imagine that these items are what is causing me insta-death. I've respecc'd paragon to core: movement to 25, dex / offense: crit, crit / def: all resist, armor / utility: res cost red, area damage Can anyone offer some suggestions? https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Elysian-1545/hero/110899586Elysian27 Jun 10
Jun 8 Current S17 Top DH Builds https://eu.diablo3.com/en/rankings/season/17/rift-dh The top DH leaderboard spots are LoN Builds with a GR 127 and GR 128. Still way behind the Wizards, but awesome achievements. https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Ghysa-2132/hero/120124418 https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/wudijo-2228/hero/120052231Varadia1 Jun 8
Jun 8 My Ideal Demon Hunter Patch (these are patch notes i have made up because i would like to see these changes for demon hunters and their items, it is a purely opinion post and should not reflect any understanding of balance or community desire) Item Changes: Uskang: (effect added) Enemies killed by lightning damage summon a ball lightning at their death location for 8-12 seconds. Etrayu: (effect added) Cold skills may be cast for free and gain 100% attack speed. The Ravens Wing: (effect changed) Companion deals 1000% more damage and has no cooldown while no rune is equipped (marauders bonus will disable this effect) Krindershot: now also increases elemental arrow damage by 400-500% Cluckeye: Attacks that do not cluck increase the damage of the next cluck by (absurd amount) Windforce: Chance to knockback is now a legendary affix. Leonine bow of the Hashir: Bolas now have a 100% chance to pull in enemies, item now increases the damage of bolas by 350-400% Odyssey's End: now also grants entangling shot every rune. Demon Machine: removed Buriza-Do Kyanon: now also increases the damage of projectiles that otherwise would not have pierced by 100% each time they pierce. Bakan Caster: (effect added) Hungering Arrow gains the effect of every rune and deals 150-200% increased damage Pus Spitter: Removed Hellrack: Root changed to a stun and now gauranteed to proc the first time an enemy is struck. (basically mawdocs sorrow, but for demon hunters) Wojahnni Assaulter: Stacks now persist for 3 seconds after you stop channeling rapid fire. Channon bolter: Now also increases spike trap damage by 400-500%. Helltrapper: Summoned spells from this item now ignore the regular cap of these spells. Valla's Bequest: Strafe damage moved from item to legendary affix, now rolls 150-200%. K'mar Tenclip: same as above. Balefire Caster: (effect added)fire skills burn enemies hit for 40-50% of the damage dealt again over 3 seconds. Calamity: now once again applies individual marks on each enemy hit. Liana's wings: now reduces the discipline cost of shadow power by 50-75% Dannetta's Hatred: Set bonus now also increases damage enemies take form vault by 100% each time they suffer damage from it, stacking indefinitely. Blackfeather: (Effect Changed) abilities that fire missiles fire twice as many missiles. missile damage is increased by 150-200% for each missile that fails to find a target. Beckon Sail: instead grants the awareness passive, and reduces the awareness cooldown by 50%. cape of the dark knight: now also drops a spike trap, and increases spike trap damage by 400-500% Fletchers Pride: Causes all hatred spenders to deal 3-5% more damage for each point of hatred you are missing. Spines of seething Hatred: now also increases chakram damage by 150-200% Sin Seekers: now instead reduces the channeling cost of rapid fire by 90% (for taeguk purposes) Holy point shot: Now also grants the grievous wounds rune. Emimei's Duffel: Now also increases bola damage significantly. the ninth cirri satchel: chance to piece increased to 40-50%. Bombadier's rucksack: Sentry damage added into legendary affix (parameter unchanged) Embodiment of the marauder: 4 set bonus: Sentry damage removed 6 set bonus: reduced to 8000% per stack, sentries are now included in the 6 set bonus. (this is intended to be an overall buff) Natalya's Vengeance: Damage reduction moved from 6 set bonus to 4 set bonus. Crashing Rain: (effect changed) Rain of vengeance gains the stampede rune and deals 400-500% more damage.TheWalrus3 Jun 8
Jun 7 How would you re-roll this Nat's Slayer? Just looking for advice on the best way to re-roll this weapon. Really new to Demon Hunter, I actually got the weapon while playing my Barb and thought I'd try it out. I'm guessing my best bet is to go for a N6M4 spec? https://imgur.com/tjNAs1zKorakk9 Jun 7
Jun 7 How improve my mutishot to do higher rifts? Hi, I'm new to this game, and this is my second season. This season i made a multishot demon hunter, it's the first time I play a demon hunter, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I try to do high GR's, but I can't solo 100+ rifts. In map chat, people say my damage is good, total damage is 2 916 660, but I can't kill the mobs fast enough. What must I improve or can I do to kill them faster? Build https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/GertV-2340/hero/120156230 ThanksGertV5 Jun 7
Jun 4 Any use for a cold hellfire? i crafted a hellfire ammy with dex, 94 cd, 20 cold and a socket with awareness passive. is there any reason to keep this hellfire ammy cold% or should i just roll the cold to CC and make it less specialized. thanks!k1llface2 Jun 4
Jun 4 Buff strafe damage Playing with a strafe build is a lot of fun but it will never be strong enough to play high rifts with it, so please blizzard buff the strafe damage thru an item. ThanksSenju13 Jun 4
Jun 3 Primal Karlei Reroll Advice I just reforged a primal Karlei :D (One of the most useful primal item i have ever got) However, the stats are not really perfect. +1000 Dex +1000 Vit Reduce Resources Cost 10% Should I reforge the RRC to +10% dmg or +7%AS? I am not sure which one has better output overallCaptainNoddy2 Jun 3
Jun 3 From the Shadows Build I found a Primal Aquila Cuirass and figured out a build to use it with. It's a Shadow build that uses the Vengeance Rune "From the Shadows". That's the rune that freezes enemies. It almost locks down Guardians and is generally helpful keeping elites from running away. Works decent in groups. It's helpful, but not overpowered. You need to swap out CoE and use the RRoG ring. Then use Elusive and EW. Then equip either Aquila Cuirass or Gunes helm and cube the other. Use "From the Shadows" rune for Vengeance. The rest is standard shadow gear and skills. You still get Vengeance - Dark Heart from the Gunes helm, so you are just as tough as a normal build. You just lose the damage from CoE. I topped out at 105 with 2,700,000 damage, so not sure how it matches up with CoE standard build. It's probably about the same as CoE since "From the Shadows" lets you isolate frozen elites and hammer them.Shuksan6 Jun 3