Demon Hunter

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the demon hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III demon hunter class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri2 Aug 24, 2011
May 9 DH Compendium: Builds, Tactics and Strategies Fellow DHs, I thought it would be good to not only have a current thread containing the most up to date info on the builds and strategies used by veteran Demon Hunters, but also one that will stay current. The goal of this thread is to be: a) an information resource containing the basic theories surrounding DH Sets, weapons, and skills so new players can have an idea of what works, and b) a reference for veteran players. *******************TABLE OF CONTENTS******************* 1. SET THEORY AND MECHANICS 2.4.1 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#2 1.1.0 Embodiment of the Marauder (M6) Set Mechanics 1.1.1 M6 Weapon Theory 1.1.2 M6 Skill Theory 1.2.0 Natalya’s Vengeance (N6) Set Mechanics 1.2.1 N6 Weapon Theory 1.2.2 N6 Skill Theory 1.3.0 Unhallowed Essence (UE6) Set Mechanics 1.3.1 UE Weapon Theory 1.4.0 The Shadow's Mantle (S6) Set Mechanics 2. DEMON HUNTER BUILDS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#3 2.1 Embodiment of the Marauder (updated 12 June 2018) 2.2 Natalya’s Vengeance 2.3 Unhallowed Essence (updated 5 January 2016) 2.4 The Shadow's Mantle (updated 23 February 2016) 2.5 DH Greater Rift Support Builds (added 30 January 2016) 2.6 Legacy of Nightmares (added 23 February 2016) 2.7 [2.4.1] Full list of DH Builds and Guides by Philosophios (added 29 February 2016) 2.8 Hybrid Builds 3. ARCHIVE OF TIMELESS DH KNOWLEDGE, STRATEGY, AND MECHANICS. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#4 3.1 Cluster Arrow Damage: An Empirical Analysis. by Shadow 3.2 DiEoxidE & FLIGHT’s Step Video Tutorials! by DiEoxidE and FLIGHT 3.3 How to Buff MfD Grim Reaper from 20% to 200% by VocaloidNyan 3.4 Natural Attack Speed Breakpoints? Posted by Animus716; answered by highq, RedCell, and KirusAlufras 3.5 Strafe and Rapid Fire Tick Frequency Mechanics. by Nubtro 3.6 The Dual-Wielder’s Handbook 2.2. by RedCell 3.7 [Guide] What's the Best Weapon for Me? by KirusAlufras (added 10 Mar 2015) 3.8 DH Rift Guardian Fighting Handbook [2015.5.1]. translated by GhostDragon (added 1 May 2015) 3.9 Offering Sprinter and Speed Racer to Groups by Amatzikahni 4. GENERAL D3 GAME MECHANICS AND CALCULATIONS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#5 4.1 Area Damage Explained by Amiar 4.2 Monster Progression Chart for GR v2 (>^^)> by VocaloidNyan 4.3 ROS Elemental Skill Damage Explained by Druin 4.4 2.3 DH DPS Calculator by Dawg6 (updated 30 Aug 2015) 4.5 N6 CDR Variations [Gear & Passives] by Ojen (added 3 May 2015) 4.6 The Yang of Maths (Multishot 2.3) by Psychologic (added 26 July 2015) 4.7 [Answered] Ball Lighting [et al] Breakpoints answered by Riv (added 19 August 2015) 4.8 Additive/Multiplicative DMG: DH's Perspective by TastySoup (added 6 September 2015) 4.9 DH Proc Co-Efficients for 2.3 by Marius (added 9 January 2016) 4.10 CHC Hard Cap: A DH's Perspective by TastySoup (added 30 January 2016) 4.11 Math and Strategy behind MfD: UE Perspective by RedCell (added 27 November 2016) 5. DEMON HUNTER FAQs AND OTHER USEFUL LINKS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#6 5.1 Class FAQs 5.2 Item/Set FAQs 5.3 D3 Fan Sites 5.4 Kanai's Cube ListRedCell110 May 9
20m 1st time DH Hello mah people! I'm gonna play DH for the 1st time the upcoming season and I'm gonna use the gift with Multishot build. I've played a lot of Rathma Necro, Monk WoL and Condemnadin, and a !@#$load of WW Barb. How does it compare to these builds at: 1. Speedfarm Rifts/Bounties 2. Speedfarm Gems 3. Easy to play 4. Damage potential Thank you!Herowar8 20m
1h Vanilla Diablo 3, Demon Hunter Build Greetings Travelers! I am the lucky owner of two separate Diablo 3 accounts, one with and one without Reaper of Souls. I was playing around on my non-RoS account to get some variety and leveling a Demon Hunter. Because I enjoy the challenge I'm lving exclusively on Torment 3 all the way through, currently lv 40. I like to optimize my builds, and the game feels much more exciting when getting a Legendary Multiplier actually is visible in the gameplay. Since It's been a long time since I played non-RoS I can't remember how tough the content is or even which sets drop without the expansion. Is possible to clear T13 without the expansion, only with the sets available sub-lv 61. And which sets are available at those levels? Thanks in advance! DiblegsDiblegs10 1h
3h Speed bounty build Hi folks! Quick question here: what would be the absolute fastest bounty build ? I want to farm a ton load of mats to reforge some pieces of gear that I can't get to drop as ancient. I'll dedicate like 10-15 hours or so just farming bounties and I want to clear them as fast as possible to get the most mats per hour ratio. I already have tons of souls so that's not an issue I just need the bounty mats. Any suggestions or pointers ? Many thanks!Vilebrequin25 3h
6h Koss takes GR118 Congrats on the clear.dmkt12 6h
1d Yangs Recurve So i have two semi decent ancient Yangs that have rolled, one gives me 2.1% overall increase in dam but the other has a 30%increase on the multishot bonus... What one do you think is best?? First one has the 2.1% dam, -0.1 Toughness and -.03 Recovery... over the second option which has alot more multishot damage, But does the 30% increase on multishot override the 2.1% overall increase? Thanks guys and gals 3380.3 1447-1776 lightning 1.47 APS 10% daM 921 DEX IAS 5% RCR 47% 12 max disc Multishot 169% 3299.6 1655-2751 arcane 1.50 APS 8% dam 935 dex IAS 7% RCR42% 12 max disc Multishot 199%DURKHATURBO4 1d
1d Unhollowed set multishot questions First, I'm using the last rune of multishot. Is area damage important for this build? If it is important and say I want to pick CDR + area damage on shoulder what other two properties should be chosen? Second, I had some thoughts about daily ~6 min GR runs. In this case CoE doesn't seems to be good because every non elite got instantly killed in fire phase and because you don't always start an elite group at roughly cold phase, fire phase is often wasted. So I changed to unity so that if I don't try to die I always get the bonus upgrade. Then I found I was way too tough so I changed Visage of Gunes to old classical Cindercoat. Is it a good way to go? It looks nice but it needs slightly different properties and in high level I need to readept to the standard way.MonkeyKing1 1d
3d New Legendary Quiver Idea What about a quiver that lets you equip another quiver in your Main hand and still use arrow skills. The flavor text can be something like, "Valla's time in the Amazonian dive-bar scene taught her the value of strength: these warriors would launch their arrows at their enemies with their hands; they called them "darts"."mastacre3 3d
4d Been here all along. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv9hV4TW5tQ That will be $50.Soifon0 4d
4d Area Damage N6M4 Will it benefit this build? I'm currently at 92% using old gear as I haven't really played DH. Hell, I'm just gearing up, I haven't even played this build yet. Using search, old thread shows AD is not proc by sentries. So what's the verdict now?happynikon17 4d
5d Demon Hunter MultiS Build,Disipline is work? I have a 2x primal yang recurve bow.First time i roll it wrong so it's with out +12 disipline! And i again too try drop and it sucsesfull.This time +12 disipline is ok. But i cant see any alteration on my damages or my rift grade! And i try it with out disipline on set's,(cloak/bow/bolt without disipline) it's too same damage.Sorry for crap english :)BrightHammer6 5d
5d boar vs wolf with S6 build boar vs. wolf with S6 which is bestAgapetes36 5d
5d New to Diablo 3 I've beaten the game, run the season to set completion, and now I'm trying to do the last bit of challenges. The Champion versions are Torment X though, and despite my multishot build I keep getting one-shot by EVERYYYYYTTTHHHHIIIINNNNGGGG. I wouldn't mind it as much, if not for the fact that enemies don't die as quickly and anything that has a "projectile" becomes an assassin because the projectiles are hard to see(lightning on the ground, succubus orbs, etc) when I have all turrets up(5) and the screen is one huge wave of explosions and arrows. Am I doing something wrong? How am I supposed to do a GR on torment X in 6 minutes when I can barely kill these enemies without getting blown to bits myself. I managed to push to Torment VIII but it becomes this whole RNG deal of "Am I going to spawn near enemies or will I be able to position myself so my back is always free" because anytime I get put into an open field with enemies on every side I always end up dodging into some form of projectile.KingKoopaTho9 5d
5d Gear Check Before End of Season Hey all, Just came back to this game after 5 years! This was a fun season, but my DH is struggling to get past 75 solo. What are your guys thought on my gear/build as it is now? FYI - I do have a pair of clarity bracers just not currently equipped during speed farming build. What would you guys change/re-roll?relaxedfire5 5d
6d maraudar between UE Multishot why is there such a bug difference between maraudar and UE multishots. For example my Maraudar one shots trash at tier 13 but when i switched to UE it took me 3 shoots at tier 13.WJmonego11 6d
6d Demon hunter build query I'm an old guy trying to get back into the game but need some help. I feel like I have good equipment but my damage isn't where it should be. Where am I going wrong? Is it possible to do torment 6 with different skills or paragon skill placement?Remitrom4 6d
6d Stickies?? Was cruising over at the Barb forums (used to play Barb as a main when I first started) and see they have over half a dozen build guides stickied up top. When I look at our Compendium (thanks RedCell), it's pretty out of date - example doesn't even list the N6M4 hybrid (only the ancient S2M2) and the Set Theory & Mechanics section is from back in 2.4.1 (so no mentions of all the latest buffs for things like DML/Yang/Karlei). Hell there's one link to a "GR75" UE build!!! I see a lot of "help me" type posts where people are just cookie cutting icy veins builds without understanding synergies and wondering why they can't clear GR110 so wouldn't it be a good idea to follow the barb community with all updated builds in stickies?? Without searching or following some threads, how would anyone know about Ambush being a less than ideal passive for UE when almost everyone uses it? Or some of the more creative ideas about Hexing Pants or Cord of the Sherma? I mean Sherma is never considered on those outside sites! Just a thought...PMG6 6d
6d Physical UE multishot DH Will I be able to reach GR100+ with my build? Can someone help me improve my character? Thanks.Kmach1 6d
Sep 10 Gems to use for S6 For a shadow impale DH, what gems would I want to socket in my jewelry? Thanks in advanceHellFire5 Sep 10
Sep 8 Cranking up the damage Hi guys, I was hoping if you get time you could have a quick look at DH and give some pointers on how I can amp up my damage with my current gear. I have peaked at GR100 and find that I just cant kill stuff fast enough to progress. Also, looking at other players profiles for ideas, I see my damage is typically at least 1.5M lower than pretty much everyone on the ladder using N6M4. So Im thinking maybe I have my stat priorities all wrong. Cheers and thanks heaps :-)CMH9 Sep 8
Sep 5 Can't Get Past GR75 solo Hello. I'm playing a seasonal character, and I'm trying to get the GR75 conquest, as that's the last goal I need to complete my chapter (Destroyer). I finished a GR74 with about two minutes to spare, but I just can't keep up with the time on a GR75. I'm using a multishot marauder build. (My build is on the Demon Hunter on my account) The characters name is UrMum (I was tired and couldn't think of a good name). I honestly don't care about pushing above 75, I just want to get as close as I can to finishing the season. I used to have the Cloak of the Garwulf in the cube to help boost my damage reduction via Zoey's Secret, but I died a bit too much, which was a big hit to my durability, so I went with the Spaulders of Zakara. Does anybody have any tips for me, or should I switch up my build a little bit?BigMax5 Sep 5
Sep 5 Improvement for my UE Multishot Good Day DH Player, I need some advice or opinion regarding on how to improve my current gears to reach GR85 above. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/JiuenDawei-1493/hero/97385725 You can check the link for my gears. Thank YouJiuenDawei18 Sep 5
Sep 4 M6 Multi exploit clears remain? Hi all, every time I check leaderboards, it is full of the M6 multishot clears (EU), most likely done with the potion exploit. just asking : if it would be possible to remove those clears from the leaderboards?Kardszy16 Sep 4
Sep 4 Wraps of Clarity Primal I got my first Primal and I kind of don't want to mess it up, so looking for advice on what to Enchant: Primaries 20% Lightning damage (Using Ricochet Impale [Lightning damage], so it works well) 650 Dexterity 650 Vitality Crit Chance 6% Options 516 Armor 10k Life regen 11975 life per hit None of the Primary rolls seem worthwhile. Secondary 210 Physical Reduction I'm thinking trading out this for Ranged reduction, though as an Impale DH I do spend a lot of my time in melee range. The Phy reduction is taking off *roughly* 14% damage, but having 7% resistance to all Ranged attacks seems mathematically smarter, especially since I don't hav problems with Aracne Sentry. Plus this item is just good for Demon Hunters in general for the damage reduction, so I need to keep in mind how it can be used for other builds. Tips?Deruvia12 Sep 4
Sep 4 feed back Hello so i just want to post to see what i should work on for my hardcore dh any feedback would be nice and besides the obvious as in caldesanns and my legend gem levels,having a hardtime trying to figure out if i should use essoteric+mutilation guard or 1 of the 2.. also profile isnt updated i have m6 on with coe in cube and BotP is out for essoteric.Ryusoushen0 Sep 4
Aug 31 bonus damage against elites on dh hi......just wanna know is bonus damage against elites on weapon, quiver and ring unity important for pushing higher grift? I mean is it important than critical hit chance, damage and area damage? really confused by those stats for which one should roll priority......need helpSally6 Aug 31
Aug 30 Suggestions for improvement my DH Good morning friends. How are you? I hope you are well! If you do not mind, I'd like some help ... What can I improve my DH? I stayed for almost 3 years without playing and came back last week. I had stopped at GR 23, and with some modifications, I got to GR 70 easily. I had a bit of trouble on GR 74 because time ran out a few times. I do not know if my choices of rings and amulet (and their gems) and the skill choices of the Kanai cube, as well as my abilities are the most correct for my character (and even the set, if not the best currently). If the items are correct, I'll keep trying to find the primal items with higher attributes. Sorry for the bad English, I'm Brazilian. Have a great day. Thank you.Roudholf10 Aug 30
Aug 29 Anyone else struggling to find a dawn? Just venting... hopefully someone else is feeling my pain. Probably every DB i've found this season and every bloodshard is being spent on trying to get a dawn... Gotten about 3-4 multiplies of every single hand xbow, except a dawn. Even resorted to gambling on a lvl 50 dh to try and get it. To stop myself going completely insane, is there a way to mimic the effect? Zodiac perhaps?Dtdee36 Aug 29
Aug 28 How do I find Yang's Recurve bow? Quick Update: I found a Yang's Recurve (and Natalya's Embrace) within an hour of doing some Torment 13 Rifts. This was either one big coincidence, or RNGesus answered my prayers! I also found a Primal Strongarm Bracers with max Dexterity, Max Vitality, Life per Second (will re-roll to Bonus Elemental Damage), Critical Hit Damage, and Reduced Melee Damage (secondary stat). No, I am not trolling the kind folks of the Demon Hunter forums. I have gained 600 paragon levels in Season 13, and now accumulated seven R. Gifts, just by farming Rifts and Greater Rifts. But, after all of that, I have yet to find even one Yang's Recurve bow. In order to complete two of the Conquests, I intend to put together a Multishot build. But, in order to do that, I first have to find a serviceable Yang's Recurve bow. The problem is, aside from having gone without one thus far, is that I play an Impale Demon Hunter. In other words, I would rather use my Death's Breaths forging daggers, and use my Bounty Materials to forge a better quiver. See my dilemma? Perhaps I am unlucky, or perhaps there is something wrong with the loot table. After all, I have yet to find Natalya's Embrace (Set Cloak), and have only found one Hunter's Wrath (Belt) despite having picked up over a hundred legendary belts by now. So, is anyone else noticing that some items seem harder to find than normal? Or, perhaps, does someone have any advice on the fastest way to acquire a Yang's Recurve bow, hopefully one that is not too taxing on my supply of crafting materials? Thanks.HelloKitty9 Aug 28
Aug 28 2.6.1 (updated) DH DPS Calculator 07/05/2018: Updated for 2.6.1 (to include battle.net API changes that previously broke the tool). See my latest post for details. Apparently there is a 25 page limit to forum posts, so I renamed the old post as "archived," and created this new thread. The old one can be found here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14926303061 8/26/15 Updated for some of the 2.3 changes. You can check my open issue list on github for more info. Here's a link to the calculator: https://dhcalc.dawg6.com/ I started this project a few months ago when I made my first M6 DH. Then I found the existing calculator (d3profile.com) but I had a few ideas of my own (e.g., import battle.net profile, show all the underlying calculations). I've already received a number of additional suggestions from the reddit community which I will be incorporating into the tool over time. Here's a link to the reddit thread where I keep the "to-do list" and change log up to date: https://redd.it/2jiynj Update 10/12: I'll write up a more in-depth description of how to use the calculator and put it on the site some time this week. In the mean time, here is a short how-to: 1. Select your Realm and enter your battle tag. 2. Click "Get Hero List" to retrieve the list of Demon Hunters on your account 3. Select your hero from the down and select "Import" This will load all of your items and skills. After importing, the calculator will run a simulation to determine how much damage your character does under a specific scenario (see the box labeled "Situational"). Note: the battle.net API does not provide access to paragon points (except dexterity which can be calculated), so you will have to enter them manually. If you do this after hitting "Import" simply click "Simulate" to re-run the simulation. If you do this before hitting "Import" then they are already included in the simulation. Under "Damage Log" you will see each attack your hero makes along with the calculations for each. Click the "Legend" button for an explanation of the various fields used in the calculations. Under "Stat Calculator" you can see the effect of increasing or decreasing a particular stat. Under "Compare Builds" you can store up to three builds to see the difference in damage for each. Under "DPS/Break Point Calculator" you can see where you are with respect to breakpoints (along with how much you need for the next BP or how much extra IAS you have for the current BP). Most fields have a mouse-over tooltip that explains what it means.Dawg6313 Aug 28
Aug 28 Early skelleton king crown Hello ! I am pretty new to game.. I just made a DH and I was in the act 1 , I got a random drop a legendary helm which is the Skelleton King's crown. It has one interesting stat which increaseases the gem effectivity by a certain percentage. I got it at level 5 on normal difficulty. Does it happen often or is just luck ?iPuff3 Aug 28
Aug 26 Ashara build It's a cool set. One of the coolest sets actually - IMO. Get 3 followers (every 30 seconds?). It did some short test on a znecro on T2 with Ashara You can definitly spawn 2 oculus circles without oculus on player char with ashara. Johan works - I guess Vaxos too (often adds MfD). So 3 followers with Johans or other optimized CC effects. Knockback from Windforce, 3x bleed damage for PE. CDR follower item may make sense (on enchantress for chicken? every 9 seconds chicken spell?). How do we squeeze that in? We can start with this template: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/82001-s2-m2-100-crit-fok-solo-grift-94 Build could do 90+ before LGF got double damage. We'd need to drop M2 unfortunatly. But that is just defense. But HPS was only in because of eledamage could be switched to a shield and you just run around - surving shouldn't be that hard in a group. Old monk support also used Asharas. For groups that would be at least a decent support build a lot of CC effects from followers, double Oculus support - and we still can drop the LGF bomb with 100% CHC+max AD. So still doing damage. And with stricken and decent attack speed (maybe take Hunters for stacking faster if survival is not a problem) also not to shabby at the boss. A lot of optimization on followers is possible. Not aimed for the "meta" - but 100+ in groups or publics or so? It could also work solo - we lose SoJ but get Oculus. And lose a lot of defense - but shields can make it up ... maybe.Kindergarten5 Aug 26
Aug 24 push grs, why not hi everyone, mainly making this out of boredom but i'll ask anyway. pb so far 105 pretty decent time, after a long long break, i havent bothered getting back into the rhythm of pushing so all (ten?) 108s have been big fails. gear check me! the randomly low augments are from the first round back whenever, still have ~110s to put on whatever but mostly saving for upgrades. ive never been able to play without awareness but im open to ideas. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/callmelord-1212/hero/41480596 thanks whoever looks edit, the 105 was pre primal bow, still a 12disc/200%ms but 3.3k. primal dml doesnt exist.callmelord8 Aug 24
Aug 23 Here’s my build, open to suggestions Just got my set yesterday and already doin T13, it was suggested I post screens but I have a video of my gear and skills, it’s the UE Multishot build. It shows my stats on my gear as well, please suggest. https://youtu.be/nx5lHIbsSwQ As you see I play on PS4. What should I be rolling for with kadala and Kanais? Thanks.GoosePants13 Aug 23
Aug 20 Is 8% dmg from archery passive worth it? I'm wondering what to use as my 4th M6 MS passive. Archery 8% (bows) seems like it could be good, or garbage, depending on how it falls in the order of operations (who knows!) I never see it mentioned. Thanks.Lobsterbash9 Aug 20
Aug 19 N6M4 Thorns? Thinking a bit while reading old test threads. N6M4, Bombsack, Hack cubed, chain of torment sentries, Heart of Iron cubed, Boyarsky, Topaz in weapon. Maybe use Strafe grenades and use Hellcat with the Grenade RoV/Grenade generator (depends on how the bounce effects Hack proc). I read the CoT sentries apply the Hack Proc, and should be hugely boosted by the 2 set buffs. All CHC/CHD rolls repurposed to AttSp/RCR or AD. Just theory crafting... Any thoughts?cknopp8 Aug 19
Aug 19 How high can MS M6 go without potion exploit? I had no idea that the build had an exploit built into it when I started gearing for physical M6 MS. Now that I'm learning this, I'm wondering if I'm stuck with a build that's 20GR below what was advertised.Lobsterbash8 Aug 19
Aug 18 Stuck on GR60 Good day everyone. This is my second character (first was a non-seasonal DH that I abandoned at lvl 67 to focus on Seasonal toons). I'm currently using a M6 MS build using this guide ( https://teambrg.com/diablo-3/d3-fresh-level-70-demon-hunter-guide/ ) , which has served me well with ~4.5 min GR45 clears. I've also obtained the alternate items and those listed in the Speedfarming Builds. I'm PG401 and feeling a bit lost at this point. I've saved up a UE6 set, SM6, and second M6 set (only found 4N so far) in case I need to rebuild. I also have the prominent items mentioned in the guides. I'm currently stuck at the GR50-60 level. I can clear at GR55 before the timer goes, but can't reach the GR60 mark yet. I've done public T10 bounty/rift groups and I always seem to be the one that's lagging behind on finishing my act since I don't have a good TTK as the other players. It feels like I have a slower TTK during Rifts as well. At this point, I'm wondering if I should abandon my current M6 MS build and try to build a UE6 Speedfarm build before the season ends. I'm also wondering how to know if an item is better than what I currently have. I've tried following the guide to get the perfect mix per item, but it seems like every natural drop always has multiple imperfections that rerolling a single stat won't fix. At this point, I'd just be happy if I could easily clear GR60 (80 would be a dream) and farm more efficiently. Here are my details: Desired Build: I enjoy M6, but am open to anything else (but never tried them). B.Net profile: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Weather-1986/hero/103257615 PG Points: Core - 51 Dex, 50/50 MS Offense - 50/50 CHC, 50/50 CHD Defense - 50/50 Life, 50/50 RES Utility - 50/50 AD, 50/50 LOH Stats Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/wDj2NfA.jpg Thank you for taking the time to help me improve my build. Hopefully I'll have a better idea of how to progress when S15 hits!Weather8 Aug 18
Aug 17 Is FOK the only build for a pure N6 NAT ? I am not looking for N6M4, but a strictly N6. Looking at various sites, all I see is LGF FOK based NAT. Why FOK? Is it really the only DPS for Nat? Can't Rain of Vengeance do any DPS to make it work? I am also not looking for a speed runner, but more of a GR100 runner. ThanksAstig10 Aug 17
Aug 17 Rucksack roll help Finally got a primal Rucksack from my girlfriend Kadala the other night. Was waffling on what to roll since I was looking at swapping between an M6 MS build that is now dead and my hybrid, but not sure if I'm on right track: 1k Dex 1k Vit 20% ASI 10% CHC 20% AD (I'm only at 50% on hybrid) 100% Sentry How valuable is that AD? sheet wise this drop is only a 2.5% toughness upgrade versus the one equipped here https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/PMG-1510/hero/69432797 But that one has no AD and weakish roll for RCR (38.71 total) So - Roll AD to RCR? Roll VIT to RCR? Leave it and suffer with 34.8 RCR? Use equipped? TIA and good hunting!PMG11 Aug 17
Aug 15 How to Gear a Follower: DH's Perspective How to Gear a Follower: A Demon Hunter's Perspective IMO, followers are never likely to deal decent damage and they're best utilized as support for your character. This guide will list what I think are the best items for the followers, what they do and go over their skills. With this guide you'll be able to theory craft together your own setup, that best suits your chars current needs for support, by answering a few questions based on their expertise. I'll make recommendations for how I'd gear them, depending on what gear/spec being used in examples, but I hope by the end you'll be able to make your own combinations. Table of Contents: Use your Browser's text search function (Ctrl+F) and use the "#.#" associated with the topic to navigate to sections faster. 1.0 Basics ......1.1 Basic Mechanics and FAQs 2.0 Items ......2.1 Tokens ......2.2 Amulets ......2.3 Rings ......2.4 Weapons/Shields 3.0 Follower Skills and in game battle Characteristics ......3.1 Templar ......3.2 Enchantress ......3.3 Scoundrel 4.0 How to build your follower ......4.1 Questions to help build a follower 5.0 Lets make some examples ......5.1 Unhallowed Essence - Multishot ......5.2 Unhallowed Essence - Grenades ......5.3 Shadows Mantle - Impale 6.0 Zero Crowd Control Followers ......6.1 Crowd Control Basics ......6.1.1 Hard Crowd Control ......6.1.2 Soft Crowd Control ......6.2 How Crowd Control Immunity works ......6.3 Follower Setups for Zero Crowd Control ......6.3.1 Templar ......6.3.2 Scoundrel ......6.3.3 Enchantress 7.0 Conclusion: ......7.1 ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ 1.0 Basics: 1.1 Basic Mechanics and FAQs - Even though your follower can not die because of the token, they can still be Crowd Controlled/CC Locked. It's important to stack Crowd Control Reduction, this will allow them to stay active and actually do their job - Any weapon that has: "+(858–1049)–(1028–1304) lightening Damage" on it, whether it comes naturally or you forcably rerolled it on to the weapon, will be able to proc Wyrdward. This will work with ANY weapon, just make sure it has lightening Damage - If a follower's weapon and or shield has "34.0 - 39.0% chance to inflict Bleed for XXX% weapon damage over 5 seconds." on it, applications of this bleed will also count towards Pain Enhancer, possibly enabling a few extra stacks of PE from their attacks. - Cooldown Reduction does reduce the duration of the cooldowns on follower skills, aim for max on all possible slots ** It's been recently found that CDR only works for certain skills, unknown if its intended or a bug ** - Attack speed will allow your follower to use their gears proc's more frequently, so it will be a focus as well - Followers are not Nephalm, so they do not benefit from any of the Legendary Gems that you can socket into jewelry, or set bonuses - Monsters will eventually build immunity to Crowd Control effects after being repeatedly CC'd, if your spec relies on you using a crowd control of your own, it may be best to avoid stacking it to much - A proc can't proc a proc. What this mean's is something like Thunderfury's Lightening Bolts, or Fulminator's Lightening Rods, can not trigger Wyrdward's stun. Only the follower's actual attacks like: basic attack, forceful push, charge, have proc rates and can activate an items effect - and because everyone always ignores this stat I'm gonna say it again, Crowd Control Reduction is incredibly useful, being CC locked is just as bad as dead ____________________________________________________________ 2.0 Items: ... ... ... ... ____________________________________________________________ 3.0 Follower Skills and in game battle Characteristics: 3.1 Templar ... 3.2 Enchantress ... 3.3 Scoundrel ... ____________________________________________________________ 4.0 How to build your follower: 4.1 Questions to help build a follower Now that you know the best items and what rolls to aim for, as well as a basic breakdown of the skills and what they do. It's time to decide on what we want out of our follower: ... ... ... ... ____________________________________________________________ 5.0 Lets make some examples: 5.1 Unhallowed Essence - Multishot ... now to select skills and gear according to our answer above: ... 5.2 Unhallowed Essence - Grenades ... now to select skills and gear according to our answer above: ... 5.3 Shadows Mantle - Impale ... now to select skills and gear according to our answer above: ... _________________________________________________________________ 6.0 Zero Crowd Control Followers: 6.1 Crowd Control Basics If you're looking to construct a zero crowd control follower there's a few things you should know: 6.1.1 Hard Crowd Control Definition: These are crowd control skills that will interrupt a monster from performing their actions, and these CC skills will also build an enemies CC resistance per application List: Blind Charm Confusion Fear Freeze Hex Immobilize Stun Taunt 6.1.2 Soft Crowd Control Definition: Soft crowd control effects are ones that will not increase a monsters CC resistance, but will still effect the monsters negatively. They're typically CC's relating to slowing movement or reducing a stat List: Chill Slowed Movement Speed Slowed Attack Speed Reduced Damage 6.2 Crowd Control Immunity: - When a monster is CC'ed by a hard CC skill, they gain 10% CC resitance for every second that they are CC'ed. For example: If a monster is frozen for 3 seconds by En-jan-dou, they will gain 30% CC resistance. The next hit will now have the 30% CC Resistance applied to the 3 second freeze from EJD, resulting in a 2.1 seconds freeze duration adding another 21% CC resistance. It is now up to 51% CC resistance and the next hit will freeze for 49% of 3 seconds, so 1.47 seconds. This will occur all the way up to 95%. - Monsters gain a maximum of 95% Crowd Control Resistance, meaning your skill/item's CC abilities are only applied at 5% of their usual value. So if a monster has been repeatedly frozen by EJD, to the point it reached 95% CC resistance, the next application of EJD's freeze will only be 5% of the 3 second duration, in other words it will only last 0.15 seconds. Theres more to this though: There is a minimum threshold duration that an effect must have for it to actually do anything Elites (Blue monsters) = 0.65 seconds Rares(Yellow Monsters)/Bosses = 0.85 seconds if your CC's duration has been reduced below that value, in seconds, then the monster will now be immune to it and ignore your attempted CC application. - Knockback's and pull effects are disabled once a monster reachs 65% crowd control resistance - When a monster is not being affected by a hard CC, their CC resistance will go down by 5% per second, until back to 0%. While counting down, from a max of 95%, if another application of CC is applied, it will be effected by the remaining CC resistance the monster has and its duration might increase the CC resistance ex. If the monster's CC resist is at 50% and 3 seconds later they are hit with EJD, EJD's freeze duration will be based off of 35% CC Resist, and will last for 1.95 seconds. It will also add another 19.5% CC resist, to the remaining 35%, totaling up to 54.5% CC Resistance. Wyett Chang's brief description: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3ie2cq/can_someone_give_me_an_eli5_for_crowd_control/cufmnur/?context=3&st=j5ojgccy&sh=deae87c8 6.3 Follower Setups for Zero Crowd Control: All of the followers can have a 0 crowd control setup but the templar and scoundrel are definitely the best for this. The enchantress has almost exclusively crowd control skills so she struggles with this a bit, but is still viabloe. We'll go over the followers and what they can do for us: 6.3.1 Templar ... 6.3.2 Scoundrel ... 6.3.3 Enchantress ... _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ 7.0 Conclusion: 7.1 Summary: Overall their are quite a few items and setups the followers can utilize and I find that by answering the few questions I listed above you should be able to create a follower that best suits your current setups needs. Thanks for reading, TSPTastySouP37 Aug 15
Aug 14 Sentries Damage It seems to me Sentries deal 1/5 my damage. I didn't do a lot of hard investigating, just shot a few zombies; has this been researched? I'm guessing Impale is straight up better when used on Shadow's Mantle set (I don't research or follow guides), but this should hold true regardless what skill you're using. Having to summon all 5 of them where you are, just to, at best, double your damage, is a tad disappointing. I was under the impression they fired an exact copy of my spell. Oh well. Here's the numbers I'm seeing: 1 Impale dagger from me: 700M+ Sentry: 170M Removing Karlei's Point, in case its effect only works on me and not them: M:141M S: 28M These damage ratios seem to be similar for Chakram as well.Deruvia6 Aug 14
Aug 14 UE MS - What should I be gambling for? Hello all! I'm slowing pushing the low 90s GR and I'm trying to find what my next item should be. I'm lacking %MS on helm and %AD on shoulders (regretting the Caldessan's buff - should have been a different ancient), but I'm not certain which one is more crucial. Any suggestions on which piece of my gear I should target with gambling or if there's a simpler upgrade I'm missing?Disney11 Aug 14
Aug 12 UE Grenades UE MS is mostly used for speed rifting and to a certain extent, Greater Rifts. What are the advantages of running UE nades over Multishot?HellFire3 Aug 12
Aug 12 Give me a strong DH pet build! I want to use the Marauder set with the Cloak of the Garwulf for three wolves total. Obviously with Zoey's Secret belt and an Enforcer legendary gem. I'll definitely have on the Tasker and Theo gloves as well. Some of these items will be in the Kanai's cube. I want my pets to be the best possible and I want them in large numbers. But my question is what else do I need for skills? Which way do I go to get the most out of my pets build? Obviously a Sentry build is essential but do I just use Cluser Arrows also? Can this build complete a 90 or 100 greater rift? I should let you know that I've never done anything higher than an 85 greater rift. Currently my Season 14 Whirlwind Barb is stuck at 1020 paragon and level 85 GR. I'm ready to retire him and move on to a Demon Hunter full time. Off-season I only have 845 paragon. So needless to say I'm in need of a strong build. I need help from you guys. I want to improve as a D3 player. I'm tired of soloing and not being any good. If you have a guild or group of friends and want to recruit me, I'm listening. I think a Demon Hunter would be good for me to play.DreamTeam1 Aug 12
Aug 10 Looking for suggestions for my build Only been back playing for a month. Wondering what to do to make my build better for higher GRifts/Speed farming (only cleared 75 solo so far). Cheers. Edit: Char is called Seasonfnarkl2 Aug 10
Aug 9 Possible new hybrid build for DH? Possible new hybrid build for DH? Think about this: Build Name: N6S2 Impale DH Gears: any 4 pieces of Natalya and 2 pieces of Shadow for head/shoulder/torso/glove/pants/boots; Ring#1: Natalya ring; Ring#2: campass rose; Amulet: Traveler's pledge; Belt: Chain of shadows; Weapon: Karlei's point; off-hand: holy point shot; Bracer: Strong arm/Nemesis; Cube weapon: Dawn Cube Armor: Frostburn Cube Jewelry: RoRG Skills: rain of vengeance-flying strike; vengeance-dark heart; fan of knives- bladed amor; shadow power-gloom; impale- overpenetration; (main dmg dealer) vault-rattling roll if bracer is strong arm/trail of cinder if bracer is nemesis; Build analysis: This build uses the 2pc set bonus from Shadow and 6pc set bonus from Natalya so that impale dmg buff is applied to all enemies hit rather than the first enemy hit. And comparing its dmg multipliers, I find that the total max dmg multiplier is 35(from N6)x12(from S2)x2(from Endless Walk)x3.75(karlei's point)x3(if all 3 knives from holy point shot hit the same target)x1.4(when vengeance is active)x1.2(cube frostburn)=15876 the total max dmg multiplier for N6M4 is 35(from N6)x4(from M4)x5(up to 5 sentries with bombardier's racksack hitting the same target)x3(cubed manticore)x1.2(cube frostburn)x2(endless walk)=5040 So is the new N6S2 hybrid DH a good build? Anyone ever tried it out??Fant1sy2 Aug 9
Aug 8 marauder damage deficiency I don't know if I'm in the right place but here is the issue: I have a n6-m4 DH build does ok, but I also have a 6 peice marauder, the problem is this, by the stats my marauder should be doing, like, 4+ times more damage than the n6-m4 build, when the reality is it doesn't even come close to competing, and the marauder is doing 200,000 more damage! I assume there is something I am missing, so I have come to those who should be able to explain things to me, cause I really need help (not just in the game, for the record...)Zoof3 Aug 8
Aug 8 M6 Multishot - Dead Today's patch appears to have killed it. It was fun while it lasted. Sorry to those who missed it.dmkt9 Aug 8