Demon Hunter

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the demon hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III demon hunter class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri2 Aug 24, 2011
4d DH Compendium: Builds, Tactics and Strategies Fellow DHs, I thought it would be good to not only have a current thread containing the most up to date info on the builds and strategies used by veteran Demon Hunters, but also one that will stay current. The goal of this thread is to be: a) an information resource containing the basic theories surrounding DH Sets, weapons, and skills so new players can have an idea of what works, and b) a reference for veteran players. *******************TABLE OF CONTENTS******************* 1. SET THEORY AND MECHANICS 2.4.1 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#2 1.1.0 Embodiment of the Marauder (M6) Set Mechanics 1.1.1 M6 Weapon Theory 1.1.2 M6 Skill Theory 1.2.0 Natalya’s Vengeance (N6) Set Mechanics 1.2.1 N6 Weapon Theory 1.2.2 N6 Skill Theory 1.3.0 Unhallowed Essence (UE6) Set Mechanics 1.3.1 UE Weapon Theory 1.4.0 The Shadow's Mantle (S6) Set Mechanics 2. DEMON HUNTER BUILDS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#3 2.1 Embodiment of the Marauder (updated 20 March 2016) 2.2 Natalya’s Vengeance 2.3 Unhallowed Essence (updated 5 January 2016) 2.4 The Shadow's Mantle (updated 23 February 2016) 2.5 DH Greater Rift Support Builds (added 30 January 2016) 2.6 Legacy of Nightmares (added 23 February 2016) 2.7 [2.4.1] Full list of DH Builds and Guides by Philosophios (added 29 February 2016) 2.8 Hybrid Builds 3. ARCHIVE OF TIMELESS DH KNOWLEDGE, STRATEGY, AND MECHANICS. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#4 3.1 Cluster Arrow Damage: An Empirical Analysis. by Shadow 3.2 DiEoxidE & FLIGHT’s Step Video Tutorials! by DiEoxidE and FLIGHT 3.3 How to Buff MfD Grim Reaper from 20% to 200% by VocaloidNyan 3.4 Natural Attack Speed Breakpoints? Posted by Animus716; answered by highq, RedCell, and KirusAlufras 3.5 Strafe and Rapid Fire Tick Frequency Mechanics. by Nubtro 3.6 The Dual-Wielder’s Handbook 2.2. by RedCell 3.7 [Guide] What's the Best Weapon for Me? by KirusAlufras (added 10 Mar 2015) 3.8 DH Rift Guardian Fighting Handbook [2015.5.1]. translated by GhostDragon (added 1 May 2015) 3.9 Offering Sprinter and Speed Racer to Groups by Amatzikahni 4. GENERAL D3 GAME MECHANICS AND CALCULATIONS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#5 4.1 Area Damage Explained by Amiar 4.2 Monster Progression Chart for GR v2 (>^^)> by VocaloidNyan 4.3 ROS Elemental Skill Damage Explained by Druin 4.4 2.3 DH DPS Calculator by Dawg6 (updated 30 Aug 2015) 4.5 N6 CDR Variations [Gear & Passives] by Ojen (added 3 May 2015) 4.6 The Yang of Maths (Multishot 2.3) by Psychologic (added 26 July 2015) 4.7 [Answered] Ball Lighting [et al] Breakpoints answered by Riv (added 19 August 2015) 4.8 Additive/Multiplicative DMG: DH's Perspective by TastySoup (added 6 September 2015) 4.9 DH Proc Co-Efficients for 2.3 by Marius (added 9 January 2016) 4.10 CHC Hard Cap: A DH's Perspective by TastySoup (added 30 January 2016) 5. DEMON HUNTER FAQs AND OTHER USEFUL LINKS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16353805385#6 5.1 Class FAQs 5.2 Item/Set FAQs 5.3 D3 Fan Sites 5.4 Kanai's Cube ListRedCell104 4d
30m Rhykkers latest build advice Watched Rhykker's latest talk With my current build, and watching Rhykker talk about the Diablo 3 2.6.1 Demon Hunter Build: Multishot Unhallowed Essence GR 112+ (Guide, Season 12 PTR) I need some advice http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/profile/DrWho345-6124/ He mentiones the Travellers Pledge/Compass Rose Endless Walk combo and the Focus and Restraint Combo I do like to try and be a glass cannon from time to time Which one is best? Or Which one would potentially give me the most DPS?DrWho3458 30m
55m How to improve my UE Multishot gear? I just started my first seasonal character after a long break from D3. I seem to be stuck in terms of my DPS and I'm not sure what's the best thing to focus on at this point. I've been doing GR 60 for paragon levels and legendaries. Should I start thinking about reforging stuff for ancient gear? Where should I be spending my blood shards? Thanks in advance.ElBurro93 55m
10h M6 bonus I'm missing something from ptr patch notes.... 3000% per active sentry seems way stronger than other set bonuses, it's 15000% with five sentries. In comparison Natalia is just 3500%, ok it works also on procs... but this doesn't seems to compensate the huge difference. How do those bonuses works ?Nicodemus1 10h
14h Manticore 2.6.1 Manticore 2.6.1 I am a bit confused about this: From patch notes: No longer rolls Legendary-strength bonus to Multishot damage as an inherent affix. Can still roll 10-15% as a random affix. But it wasnt Cluster Arrow Damage ? Multishot bonus is Dead Man's LegacyScofield6 14h
14h Star of Azkaranth Is the star of azkaranth possible for a DH? I'm at para 850 this season and haven't seen it yet. Same for Xephirian Amulet. Ess of Johan and Eye of etletch drop on pretty much every rift, but do I have to roll a different character type to have a chance at fire immunity?kayakpat4 14h
19h Number 1 europe dh : stop insulting players Enough is enough. It's now maybe the third era a player is number one in the dh european rankings with a forbidden build nobody else can use. There's no worse way all legit players of this game could be insulted. Basis of competition in this game is that u can try the build any player plays if u find the right pieces. Everybody knows this guy's build is forbidden in the game and nobody else in the world can play it. Now, it's time to end this bad joke. I'd also like to read blizzard's explanation about that. Maybe u didn't notice the guy ? He's just been number 1 for months so why don't u directly call us all morons ? There's absolutely no way anybody could justify this intolerable situation. There are, I think, two ways of dealing with that, one intelligent, and one less intelligent in my opinion. - The most intelligent thing to do would be to let all players play this build. My purpose is not to destroy a guy's gameplay or kill his gaming pleasure. But there cannot be, in a ranked game, one guy playing his own rules and the rest of the whole world watching that without any chance of competing with him ! - If this intelligent and easy solution is too highly intellectual for blizzard's executives brains, then kick the guy out of the ranking table and make this exploit impossible.Pilorghal45 19h
1d Discipline problem Hi Guys and Blizzard, After the last time the server was down for maintenance, I noticed that my discipline on My "Shadow set" Demon Hunter is acting strange and is always staying close to 0, despite that I constantly use Impale and vault should be free of discipline cost for a couple of seconds after you use Impale. Yes but NO! I observed closely during GR's when there is a lot of density of monsters and despite that I use impale my discipline is decreasing when i vault! This is causing me problems when using Shadow Power to mitigate damage when I push! Please check this out and see from where this problem might be coming. Before I did not have such an issue and my discipline was always above middle line.Rejev7 1d
1d 2.6.1 UE SoJ vs CoE math? Hey all, can someone help me with the math please? I know before 2.6.1 the CoE was better, but can't find the math to prove it and am wondering if that still stands since each point of discipline is now worth 100% dmg instead of 40% for UE. Assuming perfect rolls on all gear, 40% FR dmg on amy and bracers, no source of +elite dmg other than bane of the stricken (no idea if this is add. or multi.). CoE 200% / 4 = 50% dmg increase +50% crit dmg +6% crit chance vs SoJ 20% FR /140 = 14.4% 30% eli = 30% 10 disc = ?? I'm thinking the 2 extra stats on CoE and being able to time when to use cd's still make it better, but I dislike the CoE window playstyle so if they're anywhere close I'd rather go SOJ. Thanks in advance!zaknafien5 1d
1d Just in, last patch for 2.6.1 Karlei's 300-375% M6: 3000% per sentry N6: 3500% https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068/patch-261-ptr-patch-notes-10-12-2017TinyCat3 1d
2d 2.6.1 Natalya6 CDR and AD recommendation Hello dear experts, your advise in this forum is so precious so i will abuse. I am preparing the gear for the next patch 2.6.1 N6 build. This is the gear (don't look at skills) https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Scofield-21164/hero/97761236 Now my question is : Which are the recommended CDR and AD for this build? In fact i have found two very pretty Hand crossbow. I would like to avoid to roll CDR on them (especially on the main hand dawn which is the damage and prefer to roll AD on offhand). With 3 CDR on shoulders, gloves and ring i reach a total of 47% CDR. With shoulders and gloves only, 42%. If 42% is enough i will have the possibility to roll Area damage on both ring which potentially give me a total of 170-178 AD. And lets say I would opt for a grenade build. If 42% cdr will be enough I will maintain 10%dmg on offhand and reroll vitality fo AD? I mean in case of grenades both weapons damage are important or??? sry very confused. Which is the way? Thank you and sorry for the poor english..Scofield4 2d
3d Question (Bane of the Stricken and DML) Stricken-Each attack you make increases the damage from your attacks. DML-Multishot hits enemy's twice. So my question is does Multishot double the damage from the Stricken % with every attack?UnReal3 3d
3d Windforce? Is there any Windforce build? YouTube seems unhelpful.StonePro5 3d
3d Make Dawn Baseline? It's just that I have yet to see a DH build that doesn't use Dawn, and that's honestly silly. I actually don't remember ever seeing any other good game having anything quite this strong, save for maybe this one pay-to-win Chinese mobile game. Thoughts? Edit: I know that making Dawn baseline might be make Demon Hunters OP, even though we're not exactly top dog at the moment, but I just wanted to hear a bit of thought from the community, as well as Blizzard themselves. Will Dawn stay this way, and if it will be changed, when? On a personal level, I don't mind Dawn that much, since having that slot locked just means one less thing to have to think about, but from a balancing perspective, this really isn't cool.Epilogue45 3d
3d Crashing Rain needs buff The recent massive buff to Nat's 6p bonus was definitely a step in the right direction. However I think we also need to buff the iconic Nat's belt, Crashing Rain (maybe change it into a dmg multiplier instead of flat % dmg). This would encourage Nat's builds that do not rely on Hellcat Waistguard/grenades, which are already used by certain UE and M6 builds. It would also make Natalya FoK a more accessible option, as currently on PTR that build is heavily dependent on crit RNG.Ronin0014 3d
3d Ferret Companion - Speed Boost +10%? I am sorry to inquire about this, but I honestly don't know how it works because I can't see the speed increase on the sheet, nor is it noticeable when activating the skill manually. I compared it to the other runes and also noticed that there was no speed change from one rune to the next. Maybe I'm imagining things? Is there a hard limit to your speed increase xx%? If so, maybe that would explain it.MetalCabal5 3d
3d Back after a year or so Need some help, so much has been updated, so many new cool things to know about. About my HC toon Trinity I'm not the most effective player, I stopped to read what's in the updates long time back, I wish to find the new stuff along the way instead, cool and fun for a while :) ... And now I have close to no clew what to do about the build when it comes to surviving. So a few tips and tricks would be awesome. Thanx in advance!Slipandslide1 3d
4d Just in: Massive Buff to Shadow! Don posted this about 30 minutes ago. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. ... https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759335731#post8RedCell51 4d
5d Ue set buffing all hatred spenders? Now that Crusaders akkhan can go condem or other builds, why can't ue set buff more hatred spenders? Run a rapid fire build or elemental arrow. I know you can go with Marauder, but there is no buff to the items supporting rapid fire or elemental arrow, making them viable. And the only generator working with Ue is grenades cause of the belt. Would be sweet if we could go other builds as well. Rapid fire, elemental arrow, chakram.. Just like they told us when they made the game, that there is a million ways you can setup your character to play. Now that they are trying to balance out classes (without considering op necro still), I would love to play around other builds than the mandatory ones. Ofc, I know you can, but they are just not viable if you wanna speed through stuff or pushSavagelight4 5d
5d UE Grenades - PC vs Console So once again S6 Impale is dominating the Xbox GR leaderboard, but on PC the top players are using UE Grenades. I'm working toward the UE Grenades build right now. I had a fully decked out version of it in non-season...couldn't get much better gear. Everything had 99 augments. I couldn't reliably beat anything higher than GR90. I cleared GR91 a couple of times. Is monster density the reason that UE Grenades does so much better on PC?Rebel725423 5d
5d If Vengeance wouldn't be so OP/mandatory... ...what would take its place in the UE builds? I was just wondering what skills and items would replace Vengeance, Dawn and Visage of Gunes if Vengeance would be so powerful that it is basically mandatory. Most of the cooldown reduction affixes on items could be replaced as well. Thoughts?clueso6 5d
5d Which Travler’s Pledge? (link deleted) Playing UE Grenades on Xbox One. Making my final season push. TP #1 Not ancient +18% fire skill damage +95% crit damage +10% crit chance +151 physical resistance - 7% damage from melee attacks TP #2 Ancient +19% fire skill damage +54% crit damage +10% crit chance +178 arcane resistance +236 experience per kill I’m done farming for the the best TP. So for my final GR push it’s going to be one of these. Equipping the ancient one is a 131k DPS drop on sheet damage. A 90 rank augment is the best I could do for it, but would that be enough to close the gap? The ancient does have 1% more on Fire Skill damage which I know doesn’t get factored into the sheet damage. So is it pretty much a wash or is there a clear better choice here? Feedback is much appreciated.Rebel72547 5d
5d Demon Hunter Vengence Visual Update PLZ Hey, i would love to see a new visual for vengeance, as most of the DH builds rely on this and its default look is the natalyas set this seems outdated compared to others, you may say well what about archon well archon is a new form not a buff like vengeance is i would like an updated effect a few ideas are as follows; 1. To glow red like it does but with the gear you have as a tmog or equipped when active instead of the default natalyas appearance 2. Create a new aura around the player (similar to COE ring) when active 3. Ground aura that bursts energy or an aura of some sort when active Anyone else have ideas? discuss...PyroskE14 5d
5d Rift Farming on UE Multishot T10 vs T13 What is everyone's thoughts on which rift torment level they find most efficient to farm on UE Multishot to gain DBs, legendaries, and grabbing any additional mats when time permits? In Pub T10s: Even with the 2.5x monster health increase from 4-players, I can 1-shot nearly everything. I feel that takes the fun out of lower paragon players (200-500ish) who may actually want to kill something and also may come off as rude. I'm hesitant to not join T10s often for that reason. However, on the plus side of T10s, it is nice that other players probably will get use out of all the lengendaries I drop that I would otherwise salvage and I've helped complete quite a few of the T10 in <5m conquests. I have the option to easily run with these equips to help clear rifts very fast: Krelms Buff Bracers in the cube (+25% movement speed if no damage taken), Nemesis Bracers (elite spawns - no need for DMG reduction bracers and DPS Lacuni Prowler bracers), Tactical Evasion passive for run speed after vault. In Pub T13s: With the 2.5x monster health increase from 4-players, my UE Multishot time-to-kill seems to slow down immensely and I'm forced to run with all of my DPS gear otherwise everything seems to die so much more slowly (much more dependent on having other players help with DPS) and combined with no speed bonuses, DBs and legs are prob much less than a fast T10 would give. Then, when 1 or more ppl are off speed elite-hunting, that seems to really make my MS pointless (i.e. I get surrounded and lose ranged DPS bonuses, low-survivability, and low-mobility to keep up and maintain damage) I would try T11 or T12 but they almost always show they're empty. What do others find optimal for rift farming on UE Multishot for DBs, Legs, and mats? Should I just stick with T10s and re-visit T13s after the patch or next season?Nyrix4 5d
6d UE MS isn't much fun so far My primary build is the shadow impale. Basically I'm just sitting around waiting for the patch. Someone suggested that I try the UE MS build for speed farming. This gave me something new to do (very appreciative for that). I've got all the gear, even a couple ancients. I've probably played a couple hours so far and I'm comfortable at about GR65. The problem I'm having is it doesn't seem like a very fun build to play. AFAIK, the proper way to play this build is to move slowly and steadily, burning down everything that's on the other side of the screen and off-screen. So far, I can't complete much fast, but I assume that will improve once I get better gear and (most importantly) get more skilled at the play style. Am I the only one that feels this way? It just seems a little tedious with no excitement, as opposed to the vaulting here and there of the shadow impale build. If I get more competent at this build, will it get more interesting?kayakpat13 6d
6d RNG is really screwing with me now... I got up over para 800 this season without seeing a single primal. Then this morning, I finally got one. And one that I can actually use - Dead Man's Legacy. Woohoo! And then three rifts later, ANOTHER PRIMAL!!! Again, something I can use. Another Dead Man's Legacy. I think I'm going back to bed now.kayakpat7 6d
Oct 9 Impale build question I can do a GR 65 but I can barely make a dent in 70, looking for some advice on what I need to improve. Can't figure it out. Thanks! https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Blkadr-1321/hero/89693022Blkadr16 Oct 9
Oct 9 Homing Missiles Not so... Homing? So I just want to start off by saying that I love the UE multishot build, and I can't wait for the buffs in the upcoming patch. Multishot has been one of my favourite abilities since my D2 days. That being said, the homing missiles from Multishot: Arsenal can cause me a little grief. The missiles make up a large part of the builds damage, and yet it seems when there are only 1-3 enemies nearby a lot of the missiles will just fire off at nothing. Is this intended in order to tone down single target damage from Multishot: Arsenal?Trevor2 Oct 9
Oct 7 Multishot Area Damage Question Well, with the defensive buff to wraps of clarity, I guess these guys really want us to push GR's with Multishot. I like UE Multishot anyway. Since I'm a big time fan of UE Grenades and I will have to shift to UE MS after these buffs, I have spent a lot of time to fine tune my area damage equipment. Would you give me some technical information about how effective area damage is in MS build. Thanks..Bohemienne4 Oct 7
Oct 7 help looking 4 set best set for using a bow or crossbow plz help outNovaScott1 Oct 7
Oct 6 Impale DH any luck on RGK from PTR notes? does Impale DH have any luck beating the necro as RGK after PTR notes buffing impale build shadow mantle set to 50,000%?SubzerorE6 Oct 6
Oct 6 Patch 2.6.1 will Impale DH beat Necro in Meta Patch 2.6.1 will Impale DH beat Necro in 4 man Meta?SubzerorE20 Oct 6
Oct 6 WTF happened to UE MS DMG output This past Friday was solo clearing 68 reliably and 69 with a couple of deaths. Today I can't clear 65 without a death??? WTH did you do Blizzard? Seasonal 677 PG. UE6 build Ancient Yangs, DML rank 63 BoT, rank 60 BoS, rank 63 Zei's, Reapers Emeralds all the way through. Why would you stealth nerf mid season like this?Rodrick12 Oct 6
Oct 4 movement speed dh Simple question... why all builds suggest to cap movement speed paragon insted of dext.... talking abouth gr im stuck on 91 and dont know what to do more to go up de ladderantwane2 Oct 4
Oct 4 Equipment upgrade opinion I have a lot of equipment that needs to be upgraded but I end up splitting my resources trying to do to many at once and never accomplishing anything. So I'm looking for some input/insight, what slot should i be more focused on and get that upgraded as soon as possible. I have gotten some set pieces from blood shards, box, grifts, and bounties but they had terrible rolls on them and were trashed.Growingcow3 Oct 4
Oct 3 Chakram is forgotten! Everybody is talking about Multishot & Impale, but no one cares about Chakram, Chakram should be one of the strongest BD of DH! Here are some advice of it: The Shadow's Grasp: (6) set: Impale and Chakram deals an additional 40,000% weapon damage to the first enemy hit. Sword of ill Will: Chakram deals 4.0%~5.0% increased damage for every point of hatred you have. Spines of seething Hatred: Chakram now generates 4 hatred, and fires extra 1~2 chakrams. Guys, how do you think about these changes?HuDan8 Oct 3
Oct 3 Multishot gear chexk https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mishrunner-1647/hero/94600051 Just completed GR65 with no time to spare, and I'm working on pushing for 70-80 with this build before I roll another character. Any suggestions as to what I need to be focusing on upgrading?MishRunner3 Oct 3
Oct 3 Should I stay in TX6-8? Should I consider farming in TX10 and GRifts of 35-40 or should I stay on TX6-8 and Grifts of 29-33?Growingcow3 Oct 3
Oct 3 Good starting Nats build for S12? Based on prior season patterns I believe Natalyas will be the starting chapters set for DH in season 12. Of the 4 DH sets is the set I have the least experience with and the set I dislike the most. Is there a quick farming build I could get setup quick at the start of season 12 that is fairly safe to just farm say T10 and hopefully get lucky in getting gear for one of the other sets quickly? I know Nats can be strong, but just seems to really fall behind the other sets. But as I sad I am pretty noob when it comes to that set so I may just be viewing it wrong. Not sure if it matters but I play HC. Obviously survivability is important and not really sure how tanky Nats is. I know in season 10 I put together a quick basic build for the set to run a GR 55 for the 6 sets GR 55 conquest. Don't remember the build exactly but I know it took me like 10-11 mins to run GR 55 lol. But like I said I have almost 0 playtime on the set and put the build together quick so I am sure that was a large part of the problem.Dukus7 Oct 3
Oct 2 Stuck with SH6 Impale on GR 80 Hey all. Need some advice to get this build pushing further than GR80. I have the typical build and skill setup. DPS 1.136MM, 46CHC, 456CHD. Complete S6, Eternal Walk ammy/ring, nemis (because it was far superior to my ancient defender), and BK for the last ring slot. Dawn, elusive, VG in cube. Esoteric, BOT, and BOP gems all level 61 currently. Paragon 812. Toughness and defense are not an issue since I generally do not die often unless I get a nasty pack or a strong one hit kill. No augments at this point since the new patch is coming out soon. I'm not sure if I'll have to replace all the parts to get the new set bonuses so I've been hesitant to augment them and waste the gems on items im going to scrap. Any thoughts on where I can squeak out some more DPS? Is there a better ring to use than BK? Also, I'm not sold on BOP gem. Is there a better one for my purposes? ThanksTheElderQ5 Oct 2
Oct 2 PTR patch notes 2018-09-28 Karlei down to 300% from 500% boo! Wraps of Clarity up to 40-50% yayGAK6 Oct 2
Oct 2 A reflection on Dawn We all know that demon hunter for any viable build is bound to have a 100% vengence uptime. That mean Dawn in the cube or in hand, a diamond on the head and 3 cd reduction items. Vengence can't be avoided as it's a straight 40% buff on all damages plus the extra attacks and the full cc immunity (plus either a huge hatred generation / defense boost). Is it a good design that DH is forced to use this to compete ? I don't really like the fact that DH is forced into one specific item and one specific ability to shine. I know it's hard to imagine DH without the huge buffs granted by vengence but I wonder if just removing Dawn would allow to propose powerful diverse solutions for DH to shine instead of counting on this specific ability that made itself unavoidable. Do you think it's ok to have that vengence requirement and it's part of class identity ? Or do you think Dawn is restricting the class by forcing vengence on it ?Zergor13 Oct 2
Oct 2 2.6 (updated) DH DPS Calculator 8/17/2017: Updated for 2.6. See my latest post for details. Apparently there is a 25 page limit to forum posts, so I renamed the old post as "archived," and created this new thread. The old one can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14926303061 8/26/15 Updated for some of the 2.3 changes. You can check my open issue list on github for more info. Here's a link to the calculator: http://dhcalc.dawg6.com/ I started this project a few months ago when I made my first M6 DH. Then I found the existing calculator (d3profile.com) but I had a few ideas of my own (e.g., import battle.net profile, show all the underlying calculations). I've already received a number of additional suggestions from the reddit community which I will be incorporating into the tool over time. Here's a link to the reddit thread where I keep the "to-do list" and change log up to date: http://redd.it/2jiynj Github issue list: https://github.com/dawg6/dhcalc/issues Update 10/12: I'll write up a more in-depth description of how to use the calculator and put it on the site some time this week. In the mean time, here is a short how-to: 1. Select your Realm and enter your battle tag. 2. Click "Get Hero List" to retrieve the list of Demon Hunters on your account 3. Select your hero from the down and select "Import" This will load all of your items and skills. After importing, the calculator will run a simulation to determine how much damage your character does under a specific scenario (see the box labeled "Situational"). Note: the battle.net API does not provide access to paragon points (except dexterity which can be calculated), so you will have to enter them manually. If you do this after hitting "Import" simply click "Simulate" to re-run the simulation. If you do this before hitting "Import" then they are already included in the simulation. Under "Damage Log" you will see each attack your hero makes along with the calculations for each. Click the "Legend" button for an explanation of the various fields used in the calculations. Under "Stat Calculator" you can see the effect of increasing or decreasing a particular stat. Under "Compare Builds" you can store up to three builds to see the difference in damage for each. Under "DPS/Break Point Calculator" you can see where you are with respect to breakpoints (along with how much you need for the next BP or how much extra IAS you have for the current BP). Most fields have a mouse-over tooltip that explains what it means.Dawg6241 Oct 2
Oct 1 Tips and gear advice UE Nades Hi guys i need your advice on my gear. Thanks in advance.Hasumagic3 Oct 1
Sep 30 Marauder 4 Piece, Area Damage. I remember some time ago, like 2.3 or something Area damage was changed so that pets can proc area damage, does anyone know/have proof on whether or not this affects sentries firing your spenders with Marauders?NotGeorge3 Sep 30
Sep 29 UE Multishot For Pushing What variants are you all running on ptr? Legendary Gems? Gems in armor? Cubed items? Just wondering what is working for people. Currently i'm using: Botp, Zei's, Stricken Diamond in helm emerelds in everything else Dawn, Gunes, COEArcane1 Sep 29
Sep 28 where to farm better drops My stuff isn't that great but it's doable at this point. I need to find better version of what I am wearing. I keep getting blackthorn or the shadow grasp sets (like multiple pieces of the same gear). And any version of my main weapon so far has sucked. Any particular TX level that i should be at that would yield a better % for legendary/set drops when I solo play? When I play with my buddies (at torment 5) my drops are hideous or non-existent.Growingcow3 Sep 28
Sep 28 Which Hellfire Amulet is better? (UE MS) Hello, I've been slowly trying to improve my Hellfire amulet and have recently come across two that I'm having a hard time judging which Hellfire will give me better DPS on an UE MS build. First Case: https://www.d3planner.com/848594505 Pros: * Cull of the Weak Passive (+20% Against Slowed) * Lets me use an extra 'DPS' oriented passive - Steady Aim (+20% If Nobody within 10 Yards) * +15% Fire Damage Cons: * No Dexterity Second Case: https://www.d3planner.com/685835117 Pros: * +940 Dexterity (Is this actually a pro? Is my Dex at a level where adding 940 is beneficial over its diminishing return?) Cons: * Blood Vengeance Passive (It gives me more starting reserves of Hatred and a larger pool to dump, but with more DPS, I might not even need that larger pool to begin with, I'm thinking...) * No +% Fire Damage * With the Blood Vengeance Passive on the Hellfire, I run Cull of the Week passive so I basically lose out on 1 extra DPS oriented passive (i.e. Steady Aim) The 'Effective DPS' on D3Planner shows 23.2M (First Case) vs 20.7M (Second Case), is this a viable way to compare the overall effect of these various combinations?Nyrix11 Sep 28
Sep 28 Tips for my Granadier u6 Video of me playing in a gr80, without fish https://youtu.be/JN0_MqgyP8I Profile https://us.battle.net/d3/pt/profile/Hardy-1317/hero/92248022 --- I just need start put augments and upgrade my gems? or need a change my play style?Hardy10 Sep 28