Monk

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the monk forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III monk class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
11h Monk dps group builds? Are there any out there that will legit help the group in 95-105? I´m not looking to be the most efficient but I was wondering if there is one since the regular solo WoL doesn´t seem to work as it´s too squishy. I´m only asking this in the very frequent scenario that I join pubs to do 100´s and there´s already a support monk. I want a build that will be able to help the group, can even be another support build if its effective like something focusing on damage buffs. I didn´t play much monk on the seasons he was a rgk, but I suppose it can still work? I remember tryiing it and, like the swk wol now, dying a lot even with sup monk around. I play frequently with a wizard and we join pubs when we get bored of playing just us two, so being an rgk would fit right in. If anyone can point me to any build that can fare weill in 100´s besides full defensive support/heal and not die 8 times per rift with a support monk healing, plz do.Tubs0 11h
1d Zmonk Advice Hi everyone, I'm new to monk this season and just completed my zmonk build. I'd like you guys to take a peek at my build to see where/what I can reroll or farm for upgrades to make my support more effective. Also, what is the preferred CDR? I'm currently sitting at 69.xx% CDR. Do I need more or is this adequate? Thanks.Wangster11 1d
1d Fastest Solo Grift Run Times Hey, has anyone tried doing super fast solo grift runs with WoL monk? I was able to do gr80 solo in 1:34, and gr85 solo in 1:50 so far. I'm p2733 and my monk has 4.23mil sheet dps. My Profile: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/OV3RL0RD-1135/hero/68564561 Skills Used: https://us.diablo3.com/en/calculator/monk#ejYSdh!fXiZ!ZbcYab GR85 in 1:50: https://imgur.com/a/ZnhfTbm I think p4000-p5000+ should be able to do gr90 solo in under 2mins.OV3RL0RD2 1d
3d Build critique pls Inna WoL - am I doing this right? I have not played monk in a long while. Sorry I am not the best at building, and usually make some very obvious mistakes and rely on the community to let me know where/how I am effing up... so thanks in advance! I know my gear isn't the best, still working on it, but I do not think I am missing any pieces for the build at this point I have Incense Torch cubed and Kyo as MH - does the dmg stack? The third cube slot is RoRG not sure why it is empty in my profile link. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Kauboy-1122/hero/101682995Kauboy10 3d
4d End-game SWK stats and soft caps Is there a soft cap to any of the secondary rolls where one begins beating out the other? I've come across some items that sim way differently than I would expect. I'm particularly astounded at how well AD seems to perform in sims and here's one example: SWK gloves: 996dex 10chc 15%AD 8%CDR There are many ways to reroll these and they're pretty much the reason I made this post. After simming CDR->CHD, 15AD->20AD, 15AD->CHD and DEX->CHD, the 15-20AD reroll comes out way, way ahead of the others in high density (hundreds of millions) and marginally loses (a couple million) on bosses and low density. Even after adding 7000-10000dex via paragon, the AD roll still wins. To me at first glance I would think "Quad this, you can't get more chd from paragon" but no matter how much extra dex I put in, AD always wins (is 1000dex really >50chd?) Is there a point where AD begins losing because of the lost top-end potential or is it going to pretty much always be king because of the way SWK plays? Is there such a thing as too much CDR? considering how well AD seems to do, is GG jewellery CHC/AD/CHD or CHC/AD/CDR or CHC/AD/damage range or CHC/CHD/damage range or CHC/CHD/CDR.... P.S. CoE or Obsidian? P.P.S. 10%dmg bad compared to almost every other stat you'd want on a weapon?Amato1 4d
6d Primal Kyoshiro blade reroll Hi, As the title reads, I got lucky and found a primal Kyoshiro Blade on my seasonal monk. I already used a ramaldini on it and it has Dex, Vit, Area Damage and +15 max spirit. Looking at the leaderboards, it seems that rerolling Vit to Life per Hit seems the way to go. Thoughts?LSOJJ15 6d
Jul 13 New zmonk help Hi guys, this is my first season back after a few years. I managed to round up this zmonk build. Please take a look, I'm wondering what piece is most in urgent need of a upgrade or reroll. What grift level do you guys think I should be in? Some stats in town: 69% cdr - I can just barely refresh inner sanc on time 1.13m HP 2k resists 81m toughness with spirit guards 72k healing globe Thanks for taking a look!Arc0 Jul 13
Jul 12 Monk issue Can someone look at my monk and help me figure out what I can do to survive more please? I'm trying to do solo 100. I get to the rift guardian with like 1-2 mins to spare and pretty much every rift guardian just 1 shots me over and over and over. Like I can't even cast a WOL before dying.Bilefloat7 Jul 12
Jul 12 LoN Tempest Rush Howdy folks! I've been trying to change some things up with this season with regards to what I use compared to what is popular in the meta just to keep things fresh. One of these ways is coming up with a LoN Tempest Rush build. I realize the relative weakness of LoN now compared to the absurdity in strength of the set bonuses but, as I mentioned before, I want to make things interesting and I love using off-meta stuff. With that prefaced explanation, I ask for the most constructive criticism as possible in order to get this functional and as close to optimized as possible without actually playing it since I do not yet have the requisite gear. I don't normally post here when creating my own builds, but I have had some difficulty acquiring adequate pieces this season to tinker with the LoN build on my own (RNG is RNG). For this reason, I need some outside input from folks who may be more familiar with monks than I and help to discover ways eeking out the most from abilities, gear, and passives. Build: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/99701-season-14-lon-tempest-rush Explanation Behind Specific Abilities and Gear: I am creating this build intentionally without using the popular flurry rune I have been seeing around for other TR builds. The entire start and stop feel to make use of the rune doesn't feel very fluid to me when I picture a melee channeling build in my mind. This said, the best alternative I surmised would be competitive was northern breeze. So, I tailored the build around the use of this rune and holy damage. Also, the build is designed for GR solo pushes, not speed or group runs. I’m sure I could put something together for that, but there is not as much challenge in T13 rifts. I utilize cyclone strike as a way to clump mobs together and get the most bang for buck out of the area damage I want to stack as a part of the build. I use the wall of wind rune as an additional activator for Cesar’s Memento outside of blinding flash. The fear I have with cyclone strike usage is losing the Aquila Cuirass buff. I could use the eye of the storm rune to offset this, but I preferred the additional activator. Instead, I have Lefebvre’s Soliloquy in the cube to cover when AC is lost. If the wall of wind rune is redundant when paired with blinding flash. If the AC buff loss is not an issue, Cesar’s Memento can be cubed in lieu of wearing Strongarm Bracers, but I do not imagine that being the case. I also toyed with the idea of getting rid of AC entirely if I use Lefebvre’s Soliloquy and instead use Shi Mizu’s Haori. It's difficult to make a determination on just how durable the build will be without the pieces (which is part of the reason I was hoping for outside input =)). This portion of the build loadout is still fluid, so I am very open if someone has suggestions to go in a different direction from cyclone strike entirely. I have seen Crudest Boots being very popular with many of the current TR builds, but I am unsure how necessary they will be with the combination of northern breeze rune and slower attack speed of Balance. Also, I get very agitated with freeze/immobilizing effects when playing WW barb (closest equivalency I had with TR monk). I thought the Ice Climbers were an overall better selection than Crudest Boots. Speaking of Balance, I know TR is lacking in damage due to one less multiplier than WoL or LTK. Even though it is additive, I thought having the increased TR damage naturally found on the two-hander would help when paired with the Furnace effect cubed. This is possible when compared to the Sunwuko version because you no longer need Vengeful Wind for the sweeping wind DR found on the set bonus. Admittedly, I am not the best when min/maxing the numbers, so if someone can help me figure out if using a two-hander (i.e. Balance) vs two one-handers, I would be very appreciative. If the one-handers end up being better, I'm sure I could go with something similar to what is used for other builds and Balance cubed (maybe Azurewrath and Sunkeeper?) The momentum passive is flexible. Again, when it comes to the exacting nature of optimization, I lack the know-how; I mostly go off of feel in the rifts. However, I thought momentum may provide more overall damage than seize the initiative if pushing GRs. I also feel lack of damage will hold back this build than survivability, which is why I went with damage over near death experience and resolve. This may not be the correct line of thinking and it would be easy enough to change, but I thought it was still worth mentioning. Any help and/or suggestions with what I listed above (or anything I missed with potential problem points) would be greatly appreciated. Happy rifting everyone and thanks for your time!Averic2 Jul 12
Jul 12 Dam #diffs my details says an attack dam increase is 147% but all gear equipped looks like it should be over 600% or whatever, anyone know why the diff?JohnnyRocket1 Jul 12
Jul 12 Back after 3 or 5 years? Hey everyone, just bought RoS and finished the campaign last night after being gone for at least 3 years. Damn, long time. I play a monk, obviously, and could use some guidance on end-game. Got up to level 70, and now the fun begins. Do I just do bounties and then do Rifts as I get the tokens? Is playing at hard level still suggested? I used a 2-hander (Skorn) while I was playing before for farming. Should I swap out to dual wielding? How much is enough gold? I've got about 40mil from back in the day. i've done a few bounties, should I move up to rifts when possible? Is crafting rares worth it, or just save up/target for legendaries? Thanks! (list format doesn't seem to be working, sorry)frozndevl17 Jul 12
Jul 9 Set Dungeon Hi all, Can someone advise on how to complete the set dungeon? One of the requirements is to unleash my mystics on 10 mobs. How can I do it? I tried switching to rare (yellow) weapons to not overkill everything but i'm still killing everything. Anyone have a particular way of completing this so that the secondary objective doesn't interfere with the primary and vice versa?Wangster3 Jul 9
Jul 9 Gearing My Monk Up More? Afternoon you all, I wanted to see if you all think that running bounties from this point on is the best way for me to continue to gear our my WOL Monk. I have a 2nd piece of gear for each item to re-roll. I am talking about my character Knom. Thanks!Isoquant1 Jul 9
Jul 4 Cap or bug on WoL buffs? After putting WoL buff on boots (14%) and helmet 143%, not even counting the Kyro's blade and Pinto's, I see the Details list under Offense shows that I am only getting 150% buff when it should be more. It makes me wonder is this a cap or a bug?VykinG7 Jul 4
Jul 1 Unity vs Seize the Initiative I have noticed most ppl use seize the initiative on the wave of light monk. Unity adds 500k to my dps Seize the Initiative gives me IAS for 4 seconds while this does not matter on most game play, when it comes to GR at high lvl, it seems Unity is a better choice am I missing something? i'm new to wave of light OGCaptCaveMan15 Jul 1
Jul 1 WoL stat priority and values Hi there masters of WoL! I made a similar thread in the Crusader section, asking for a list of stats a Codemnsader should prioritize, so I am curious about the same with WoL :) So what are the priority stats and what are the ideal values one should strive for ?Herowar5 Jul 1
Jul 1 Fullbringer's Monk EP Build T13 (No-Gen) https://www.diablofans.com/builds/99514-fullbringers-monk-ep-build-t13-no-generatorFullbringer2 Jul 1
Jul 1 WOL Solo Build Variant GR100+ https://www.diablofans.com/builds/99451-fullbringers-wol-variant-gr100Fullbringer3 Jul 1
Jun 29 Quick WoL question... Trying to gear a monk for WoL, and I've probably gone at least 10k blood shards without that Tzo helmet. Can I move on to weapons and complete the gear and start doing T13's and just get the helmet eventually as it comes? OR is the helmet and absolute necessity? I've heard it's a pretty squishy build I guess I'm just wondering HOW squishy. Thanks!Cira13 Jun 29
Jun 26 Uliana: CW or WoHF Hi, was just looking for a reason why every build says to use WoHF with assimilation rather than CW with Tsunami. wouldnt you be able to infect more people with EP with CW? I know its slower than WoHF but the AOE 3rd auto is nice to have.HebeKykeBerg2 Jun 26
Jun 26 Sweeping wind adds over 30mil toughness Me and a friend are trying to figure out why sweeping wind puts my toughness to 75mil but his stays around 40mil. We have almost identical gear and skills. I have tested solo with enchantress and in groups sitting alone in town. Check my profile and let me know if this could just be a bug. Thanks.Squall4 Jun 26
Jun 25 Panther's Claw Transmog. I'm farming Eternal Woods for the last 3 days to get the panther's claw transmog and nothing, the freakin' chest refuses to spawn. I never had problems with this chest before, already got the transmog in 3 seasons and it was like, 5 or 6 tries to find the chest but this time is really annoying, already spent at least 15 hours in the last 3 days. What gives with this chest, did they decresed the spawn rate of this chest that it's nearly impossible to find it or what ?!?EdinMG0 Jun 25
Jun 24 Why Gogok? Hello guys, thank you for the help you have given me regarding the Support Monk. I have a new question that my friends could not answer: Why zMonk is using Gogok instead of esoteric? Okay, Gogok gives you 15% attack speed and additional CDR, that's fine, but at what cost? Even with esoteric I can keep sanc cooldown perfectly without using cyclone, and epiphany all the time with some cyclone uses. Although gogok gives you 15% attack speed, the passive "Seize The Initiative" gives you twice as much, so what's the real point of using gogok? Why are they using it instead of Esoteric? Thx for the help, sry my english.ENIAC9 Jun 24
Jun 24 Monk Loot Share g'rifts looking to run grifts with monks to lootshareDeathSeeker0 Jun 24
Jun 20 Inna WoL Build Question Hi All I am using this build: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/91080-2-6-innas-wol-t13-very-fast-speed-farm-90-sec but I am wondering why they have Kyshrio's Blade cubed instead of Incense Torch? am I missing something?Kauboy1 Jun 20
Jun 20 comparaison between sets hi, I was reseting my monks for more s13 flavour build, and so I switched a raiement 1000 stroms for a sunwuko. still i feel my stats were better with raiment, so how better is supposed to be sunwuko vs 1000 storms. is it better to have a decent 1000 storms or to switch at a sunwuko no matter what. and inna is it very poor or what? I saw the list of Rhykker(salut l'ami !) that's why I'm asking.Lidrach21 Jun 20
Jun 20 Need wave of light monk help I have quite a few questions pertaining to gear choices with wave of light monks, as well as the stats on said gear. These questions go in no particular order but theyre things ive come across and arent quite clear on. 1. Fire or lightning? This branches into a seperate question. If in fire, should you use cindercoat, or innas chest along with the belt and legs (and rorg) for the 4 set? The 4 set of innas gives all 4 mantras which i believe with the unity passive stacks up to 25% increased damage on yourself. This would be more beneficial than a __ fire damage increase off cindercoat, yet theres still the reduction in resource cost for fire based skills on the cindercoat. 2. What weapons? It seems like the best choice ive seen so far is the daibo that reduces wave of light cost. Since I dont have that yet, and im running fire cause thats what my gear allows, im using a burning axe as well as a devastaor. This allows 2 gemmed weps as well as a 40% increase in fire damage between the 2. WOuld this superior fire damage and crit damage boost outweigh the reduction in cost of the diabo? Are there other weps out there that are better? This could also apply to lightning builds. Theres the won kim lau and thunderfury which would boost lightning damage significantly as well as allow 2 of the crit damage gems. 3. Speaking of reduction in cost, would attack speed or cost reduction be better on gloves? I got an ancient sunwukos paws with 1000 dex, 5 ias, 49% CD, and 8.5% cc. I also have non ancient sunwukos paws with 684 dex, 35% CD, 8.5% cc, and 8% cdr. Essentially its higher dex and ias, or lower dex and cdr. IS the cdr important enough to pick the lower ones in this case? 4.Is going for a socket on the amulet worth it? Ive never been able to figure out whats good on an amulet for each char. Do you want a socket, ias, cd, cc, physical/elemental boost, cdr, etc. you can only have 3 options really since your main stat counts as 1 of the 4, so picking which other 3 is really confusing to me a lot of the time. 5. Stats on the helm? Obviously you want your main stat, a socket, and crit chance. This leaves the possibility for either vitality, wave of light damage boost, or i think % life. Seems like the damage boost of wave is the best but im not sure if that would leave you too squishy. 6. If you want to look at my monk and give me any feedback, Im more than welcome to criticism. Things that I know i need include a sunwuko amulet, tzo kirins gaze helm, a soj, a better rog, and that 2h that reduces wave of light cost. Thank you to anyone who can help me out with any of these questionsDerek1223114 Jun 20
Jun 19 Vengeful Wind reroll advice Found this Vengeful Wind yesterday, and totally not sure what to roll. [URL=http://imgbox.com/ZAqByM1s][IMG]https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/3f/b8/ZAqByM1s_t.jpg[/IMG][/URL] - Damage - CDR --> Area DMG - LOH --> Area DMG Hopefully you guys can give me some advice!Protax2 Jun 19
Jun 18 Can my Inna Monk do more damage? I'm bucking the trend of the 1000 people using the exact same Sunwuko build to get on the leader board. I've been building up my Inna's set literally for years since I'm a semi-casual solo-only player. I'm trying to finish GR93 but I can't do enough damage to complete it in less than 18-20 minutes. My monk is a tank, I don't even need Desert Shroud to stay alive any more so I'm using Inner Fire at the moment. I've used Insight as well, but my spirit gen is at a good level without it. I'm trying to figure out whether there's anything I could change to boost damage - if not, then it's just me not doing something right. Helpful hints appreciated! If I could make it to 94/95 that would be sweet, not expecting Inna to take me much higher. Hoping Blizzard equalizes monk sets in the next patch. More Primals would be nice as well...my Templar had more Primal items than I did until last weekend. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Skellor-1994/hero/28536215Skellor20 Jun 18
Jun 15 set dungeons Is it just me or Monk set dungeons are quite hard? Any tips on them?Lidrach5 Jun 15
Jun 14 New monker Hello, i am new to monk and looking forward to s14 to be as a zdps but i was curious what build is the best for solo pushing. I been told about sunwuko with wave of light but also raiment with shenlongsJamesixchain2 Jun 14
Jun 12 Legendaries that arent Blizz, Please remove Erleng Shen, Bezaor Stone, and See No Evil from the game, what other class has a class specific item type that has 3 different legendaries that do nothing.. You were pretty good about gettin the Fist Weapons to all have some utility even if there's still Logan's claw and Jawbreaker + fleshrake have very minimal use. Thanks for your time! DarthDarth19 Jun 12
Jun 6 Ideal Shenlong stats I am trying to consolidate my items and have a stack of Shenlongs. I remember the ideal stats changing a while back, and there are no current guides that I can find. Can someone please recommend the ideal stats for these weapons? Thanks.Dante003 Jun 6
Jun 3 Where to purchase a spirit stone? I can not find a vendor that has this item. Trying to finish an achievement.bigp3rm39 Jun 3
May 28 What's wrong with my build? Hello, I'm fairly new to D3, only bought the game at the end of last year and played a couple of characters through the storyline but nothing much beyond that until I started a monk for season 13. Now, seeing that it's about to end, I was wondering if someone more experienced could have a look at my character and tell me where I've gone wrong? I thought that things were going reasonably well with the set items that came with the season, until I got past the "Slayer" chapter. After finishing that, I tried moving up to Torment 8 and I had my @ss completely handed to me. I can hold my own reasonably well in Torment 7 but in 8, the first bunch of spiderlings that I ran into just shredded me. It didn't feel like I wouldn't be doing any damage but my health simply disappeared before I could land more than a hit or two. Any insights please?Pja4 May 28
May 26 MONK DMG NERF OR BUG? Has anyone else noticed this nerf or bug that has happened to Monks using Wave of Light build? Before when I was about Paragon level 900+ I dealt about 2000+ billion in damage but after I leveled up my gems and my Paragon levels and got better gear my damage decreased from 2000+ billion to about 900-1000 billion. I'm utterly confused to why this is and would love an answer does anybody know?DarkAeon881 May 26
May 24 R6 DS Spam more damage than R6/Shen's Gen? Since we have the revised Flesh Rake and Crystal Fist is a Dashing Strike spam focused build more damage and thus viable for high GRs? Also, would Rabid Strike be triggered by Dashing Strike with Epiphany active giving 2x strikes per Dash?BossDogg6 May 24
May 22 The #1 Monk in Europe has 2300+ hours in S13 That Monk is faster than light. He has almost 5 times the playtime that would be possible if you played nonstop since the season started. If you do care about cheaters, that would be a good place to start....Nightbird37 May 22
May 21 Monk + intelligence? What happends to a monk if you increase the intelligence? i saw online http://www.diablowiki.net/Attributes#Strength it says that it +0.1 all attribute resistance is this true?Javs4 May 21
May 20 Can i get a link for bell builds Thanks Id like to make a bell buidKlowN1 May 20
May 20 Kyoshiro's Soul - Where does this item drop? I was trying to look up this item, I can't find any site that shows drop rate, locations, etc...Can this item be crafted?BrownBeefMan13 May 20
May 20 Having fun with this double bell monk build Thought that I would share a fun build I was trying. I'm not someone who tries to climb the LB, so was trying to play around with different build and found something which I think is really fun. Build is in my profile https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/GuanYu-6239/hero/98580245 Basic idea is to get perma ephiphany and get double bells from Rabid Strike. Perma ephiphany basically also means excellent mobility as we will be teleporting everywhere, so this build feel quite fast for speed GRs.GuanYu5 May 20
May 18 Monks on skipping and fishing in GRs I have now cleared a GR91 which is higher than the in the past a GR87 on my WD. I know that I don't know as much as I need to know to be able to go even higher than GR91. That is why I am turning to may fellow monk players that have way more experience playng a monk than I do. I will first start off by again stating that I have a lot of confidence in my fellow monk players. Next I will show you my seasonal monk before I begin my questions as they are based on my seasonal monk, please keep that in mind when answering my questions. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/ShadowAegis-1537/hero/46104623 Now I know you will notice that my gear and build is for speed key farming. Now on to the differences. For pushing I use the following. Swap In-Geom for Rabid Strike. Swap Averice Ban (Boon of the Hoarder) for Unity (Stricken) Swap Gold Wrap for The Witching hour. Skills are the following Switch Blinding Flash Faith in the Light for Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation. Switch LTK Sweeping Armada for LTK Vulture Claw Kick. Switch Mantra of Conviction Annilation to Mantra of Salvation Agility. Switch Dashing Strike Way of the Fallen Star to Dashing Strike Blinding Speed. Switch the passive Momentum to Near Death Experience. 1. Have I reached the full potential of the build considering the gear, paragon and skill selection? 2. Does this mean that in order to go higher I will need to fish for clears? 3. Are groups that you must skip different for each class and each build? Yes I know that some like Juggernaught are universal. 4. Could I go even higher with better gear and better paragon? I am asking these questions so in time I would be able to learn by playing when I have taken a build as far as I can possibly go so I could move on and either play another class or take a bit of a break from playing this game.ShadowAegis2 May 18
May 16 Need help to pass GR75 I'm currently trying to do Seasonal Conquest to pass GR 75 but I can't seems to pass it. Here is my monk character profile https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/zigma-6493/hero/99370478 Is damage of 1.164.750 enough to pass GR 75? It takes sometime for my character to take down elites and my character life bar drain so fast when attacked & die a lot, and end up behind the GR time. Can anyone give me some suggestion if there anyway I can improve my character with skills or item stats to pass GR 75? thanks zigmazigma2 May 16
May 13 Wave of Light Damage Calculation? Anyone using wave of light? I m using wave of light (blinding light) it give 479% of holy damage on first hit. But i m only getting crit of 1.5m to 1.9m damage. Where as i tested on Breath of heaven (circle of scorn) it give 505% of holy damage on hit But i m getting crit of 5m to 6.9m damage Even my cyclone strike (implosion) is having crit 2m to 3.5m for just 261% of holy damage. The damage different is too big for the skill description. Anyone facing this issue? Please kindly advise on this.Vieri8 May 13
May 10 Uliana's Stratagem Rework Ideas -Fist of Az'Turasq Increases ALL exploding palm damage by 100%, 500% explosion damage makes it way too niche. (slightly increased drop rate would be nice too) -Exploding Palm - Impending Doom No longer causes the target to bleed, it slowly chills the air around the target, increasing cold damage you deal to the target by 5% each second, stacking up to 9 times. *(Optional) Dealing cold damage to the target adds one stack.* Explosion damage is doubled against frozen targets. Stacks reset upon detonation and upon reapplication. (9 stacks = 45%, 2770*2=5540, 5540*2=11,080. This would make up for the lost damage from attack speed and preserve the original play style when running the new Flow of Eternity. -Exploding Palm - Shocking Grasp Each tick strikes an additional enemy within 15 yards (maybe just a chance to strike an additional enemy, but has a proc coefficient) -Seven Sided Strike - Incinerate (change name) after casting SSS, gain 7%, For each time you struck an enemy during SSS, gain an additional .7% attack speed Ideally 15% at 7 and 35% at 28. Duration of the buff, if you can guess, is 7 seconds :P -Lion's Claw SSS now scales with attack speed (2 attacks per second = 14 strikes, 3 = 21). Each strike grants 77 physical resistance for 7 seconds (scales with harmony) -Flow of Eternity SSS Gains the effect of the Fulminating Onslaught rune and deals its total damage with each strike (Lion's Claw would increase overall damage output and thusly each strike as well) Damage type changes to highest percentage bonus damage (Cold, Phys, etc). -Uliana's Stratagem (2 set) Each strike of SSS Applies Exploding Palm (Bring back area damage here) (4 set) Reduces the base cooldown of SSS to 7 seconds (Flow of Eternity brings Sustained attack to 5.6), After SSS gain 60% damage reduction for 7 seconds (5 set) Each strike of SSS increases the damage of SSS and EP by 77% for 7 seconds stacks infinitely, but resets with each cast. Attack speed now grants CDR -Madstone SSS Detonates Exploding Palm (Move area damage nerf here, if it was nerfed, never know these days) Make Uliana's a 5 pc or turn madstone into amulet, ring, or belt buckle, but its sensless to think That Uliana would use a set helm over the madstone, absolutely preposterous. I vote belt and get rid of binding of the lostIEternity9 May 10
May 10 Upgrade for my WoL Monk ';..;' Hey, need some gear advice for my One Punch monk. Here's my profile: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/OV3RL0RD-1135/hero/98924898 Obviously T13 isn't a issue, but which item(s) should upgrade for solo GR push? (I've done GR107 solo so far) Should I try to get new ammy with Fire/CC/CD? or try to get new helm with LPH instead of LPSS or new shoulders/gloves/CoE/Kyoshiro's blade with area dmg? or just get higher level main gems and grind paragon? Thanks in advance. :)OV3RL0RD11 May 10
May 5 My First GR90 Clear I am happy to finally clear a GR90. Yes I know that there are lot of players that have already done much more than that. I done it on my seasonal monk using a LTK Sunwuko build. I have no doubt that there are others that could take the same build and gear and push even higher. How much higher that I am not sure of. But to offer a best guess I would dare say around a GR95-GR100. I say that because of my confidence in my fellow players. I do believe that I can go still higher and will keep trying to go even higher. I also know that I need better gear with better augments. But I am happy with what i have already achieved because I did it entirely solo. Below is a link to my monk so you can look at my build and gear. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/ShadowAegis-1537/hero/46104623 I have learned a lot and know that I need to learn more about what it takes to clear even higher GRs than GR90 and I will learn what is needed. Next season I will do it with a DH using the strongest build for the set that I choose, which will probably be UE6. Along with gathering pieces for an alternate build that I think could be used with the same set. It might even be able to clear somewhere around mid to high tiered GR. Before I cleared the GR90 I cleared a GR87 on my WD that I will leave a link below. I am just happy to do what I have done and know that I will push even higher and be ablel to achieve it. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/ShadowAegis-1537/hero/70776378ShadowAegis1 May 5
May 4 Best way to use K's Blade It says on Kyoshiro's blade that when the initial impact hits 3 or fewer enemies, the damage increases even more. Now, I've been taking that to mean that this also applies if the bell hits NO enemies (0 is fewer than 3) but lately I've been coming to think that maybe you have to hit at least one enemy? It seems I'm more successful if I hit enemies with the bell than if I routinely try to drop it in a position where it hits none, but where the projectiles can still hit. Any takes on this?Allerdyne2 May 4