Witch Doctor

Sep 2 ZDPS WD? Obviously we have some builds that are pretty outstanding at doing damage in groups, but the gear is pretty intense to finish those builds, and I was wondering in the meantime how I might go about building a zdps WD? I play with 2 Necros atm, one who is using the corpse lance build and the other who is using some terrible blood nova build so he basically doesn't count. I imagine it starts with Starmetal + slamdance?jonjw192 Sep 2
Sep 1 Witch Doctor Versions of Necro Spells? If its true, can someone point out the skills that the Witch Doctor uses that are Necro Spells? I use Skeletons, Goggle, Corpse Explosion, Siphon Blood, Bone Spikes and Skeletal Mages. Are there facsimiles for these? TYIARatso1 Sep 1
Aug 30 Gem of Effectious Toxin Does this dot get cleared with harvests? Just curious trying to get a little more dmg and hoping this could be a solution.Keelia1 Aug 30
Aug 29 Lon Barber WD in 2.6.1 patch and Meta. Will Lon Barber wd still be in the 4 man meta in patch 2.6.1 or you think it will be replaced by another class? Also anyone know if we have a mask of jeram at 100% pet dmg does that automatically goto 200% once they up the damage to equal what it was before basically? Barbarian: "Might of the Earth (6) Set Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 1200% 3000%." will leapquake barb replace LON barber WD in 4 man meta?SubzerorE3 Aug 29
Aug 28 WD Spirit Barrage after Exploit Good afternoon, After the fix of exploit, I noticed that my WD Spirit Barrage is suffering more damage than before. Nothing has changed in the char, or items, or passive, nothing. Before the exploit, I used 85 GR quietly, and relatively fast. After the fix of exploit, I won't be alive in GR85. The impression is as if some skill was missing. I've checked the char several times, and it's all right, as before. Could use some help in this matter. Thank you.Viper1 Aug 28
Aug 28 Helltooth Build, 5th choice for passive? Hi there, after taking a year or two break, I just picked up D3 again and am playing my first season. I have received the Helltooth season set, and am currently on GR27, but I can probably push up about 5 levels higher as I'm not really having any issues. To my question, I just crafted an intelligence Hellfire amulet and rolled "Gain the midnight feast passive"! It was one of the passives I was using, so I'm trying to decide what to replace it with. Given the following build, what would you pick? Thanks! Actives: *Wall of death, Communing with Spirits *Piranhas, Piranhado *Spirit Walk, Jaunt *Soul Harvest, Languish *Zombie Dogs, Leeching Beasts *Gargantuan, Humongoid Passives: *Midnight Feast (Needs replaced!!!) *Spirit Vessel *Confidence Ritual *Grave Injustice I appreciate any and all opinions :)DinduNuffin4 Aug 28
Aug 26 Zunimassa or Helltooth for Pet Build So, I have asked a number of people which is a better pet build for hardcore. I get Zunimassa from one clannie and Helltooth from two others. I'd like people's opinions on which is better in hardcore, Zunimassa or Helltooth?CaladynusOD27 Aug 26
Aug 26 Best set for solo g rift? Hello. Wondering what's good right now. What sets and how high are they going?leetfeet3 Aug 26
Aug 24 Buff SuWong Diviner & The Grin Reaper! I miss the old Mimic spam build & it would be awesome if it got a good buff. I would suggest something like this for the two items. The Grin Reaper - Chance when attacking to summon horrific Mimics that cast some of your equipped skills, you and your mimics also deal 100-150% increased damage. SuWong Diviner - Acid Cloud gains the effect of the Lob Blob Bomb rune and has its damage increased by 250-300%. I think this would be a good enough buff too bring this build back too life.I3lackDahlia3 Aug 24
Aug 23 Why do i leep dying in 4man? Hey there, Please take a look at my LoN 4man build for WD (meta build rly) and tell me why i die 5-10 times even when playing GR95. I'm currently leveling a bunch of gems to 100 to put in my gear which is the last thing i can do to make him tankier. Could a bunch of extra int really make it possible for me to facetank anything in even gr120s once i stand in the monk field?OwNzOr2 Aug 23
Aug 22 BBV With an SMK you can put down several BBV's at the same time, but do you get the full benefit from standing in any BBV area or do you have to stand in the same area as your pets?Wolfways14 Aug 22
Aug 22 Soul harvest stack/refresh like Bone armor? Hi when playing the Necro you can get up to 10 (ok 15 with amulet) stacks of Bone armor just like Soul harvest. When you are at full stacks it is possible to just refresh the stacks from one enemy. This gameplay feels much smoother than Soul harvest. Why are they acting different for the same mechanic? Are you considering adjusting soul harvest or is the logic that a demon, spider, ghost is more likely to have more bones than souls? Or would it be too powerful if it was easier to keep full stacks?shroom12 Aug 22
Aug 21 Question about Wormwood Does the proc on wormwood (Locust Swarm is cast on a nearby enemy every second.) works if used by other class (wizard)? The reason I ask is because I want to level a Wizard in season 2 and figure if I put on wormwood with gem of ease can I just run around killing everything?Gibon3 Aug 21
Aug 20 Why does my Pirahnado not work in GRs So I am literally currently in the middle for farming a GR 80 with my LoN WD, and I have noticed this for pretty much everything above torment 13, but my Pirahnado doesn't suck in any mobs... it literally does not work in GR 70+. I watch videos of other WDs doing like GR 100+ or something and their Pirahnado actually pulls in enemies. I have no idea what is happening nor why my Piranahado isn't working properly. I feel it is really hindering my ability to push the leaderboards. Edit: before I get people telling me what mobs the spell is supposed to and not supposed to work on I want to respecify, it pulls in nothing; I can throw it at a mob of white bugs or something and nothing gets cced EVER 100% of the time for the entire season up until now.ObeyGiant9 Aug 20
Aug 18 support zuni on ptr forum! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758478378Melancholy0 Aug 18
Aug 18 Need LoN WD help Hey guys, I need some help with my WD. I practice alot and play a ton. I did a grift 80 and that was before adding the 7 augments I have now. I can't go any higher. I die 1-2 hits, my damage is trash. I can't seem to get enough enemies together in a pile to do damage. My friends WD has less damage and worse gear and no augments and hes doing grift 85 pretty easily. Anyone have any tips for me? Please don't be rude. I really want to progress.Bilefloat6 Aug 18
Aug 18 LoN Spirit Barrage damage type Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am running an LoN Spirit barrage build. I currently have Voo's Juicer cubed, which gives me access to the 'Phlebotemize' and 'Spirit is Willing' rune which both do cold damage. On the skill itself I have chosen the 'Well of Souls' rune which does fire damage. Additionally, my gazing demise mojo gives me the phantasm rune as well, which also does cold damage. If I wanted to increase a damage type, should I focus on fire or cold in this case?Mythras2 Aug 18
Aug 17 Build recommendation I have severe Brain Trauma and have a hard time remembering short term. whats a build even if its another class that is easy to learn that will grift at a high level. Ive tried rathma push build for necro.Soldier3 Aug 17
Aug 17 Angry Chicken Gold Farming I decided to give a shot at making a gold farming test and what I came up with involves using the manajuma set + Wall of Death - Surrounded by death as the main damage dealers for spells. Thoughts, ideas, criticism? Let me know thanks! http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90590-gold-farming-testAvalanch076 Aug 17
Aug 17 WD PTR Changes It looks like quite a few items are getting buffed or changed. With the damage boost to MoJ and Small mans finger, Im left wondering why the lackluster Tall mans finger isn't getting updated. It would be nice to have a reason to want to use it. Currently SMF is an obvious choice over TMF and now with SMF getting a buff, TMF will be even further from peoples thoughts. I for one love the idea of a large dog doing heaps of single target damage, I really hope they decide to make this ring competitive again.Ham3 Aug 17
Aug 17 no fetish love ?? so short man finger will buff gargs even more and STILL nothing for fetish ?? except for mask of jeram ??Rydiaa9 Aug 17
Aug 16 Are the changes to SMF a buff? Question: Are the changes to the short man's finger a buff? In other words, what would the current %buff be if you reworded the current SMF power as in the 2.6.1 PTR patch notes? The new wording for SMF is: Gargantuan instead summons three smaller gargantuans that have their damage increased by 500-650%. Any idea what the old power was worth? The old phrase "each more powerful than before" doesn't tell us.Ivan4 Aug 16
Aug 16 Ok this is terrible Grift 86 I get to rift guardian with 3 and a half minutes left. After spamming spirit barrage on him for 2 and a half minutes hes down to 90% hp. After 3 and a half minutes I fail the timer and he's at 75% hp.... How in hell do people push 86+ with this build?Bilefloat5 Aug 16
Aug 16 Things I'd like to see. A new ring that buffs the single garg (without changing the size). Or just change the SMF so that the gargs are normal size (I hate tiny gargs!) Change the currently useless Gidbinn to release Bone Fetishes that run to the nearest enemy and explode: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Bone_Fetish A buff to Fetish damage via the Zunimassa set or Belt of Transcendence so that gargs are not needed to be able to do some damage. There you go Blizzard. Get to work on them please. ;) Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot. I'd also like a Zunimassa shoulder piece please.Wolfways0 Aug 16
Aug 14 IS this the right track for Zuni/Darts? Am I on the right track for a Zuni/Darts build? I want to use furnace but at level 66 i'm finding my survivability getting tough.blackjack0 Aug 14
Aug 14 Bugged? Raiment of the Jade Harvester I kept getting drops of chest and pants for this set, so I finally decided to use the cube and try to get the rest of the set. I had three chest pieces and four pants. I rolled and rolled but the cube would only give me more chest and leg pieces. So I started trying with the blood shard lady. She also only gives me the chest and legs. Are the drops for this set bugged? Anyone else having problems like this?FaithAndHope1 Aug 14
Aug 12 What to reroll on my andariels visage? Got a pretty nice visage this morning. Should I reroll the int for CHC or try to get higher cold % dmg or SB dmg? http://i.imgur.com/204mxVT.pngkilluchen6 Aug 12
Aug 12 Andariel's visage reroll advice Hello everybody, I've started gearing up a WD recently and it's going quite well... Too well even. The last piece of ancient hear i managed to craft is tje andariel's visage but i'm not sure o' what i should be rerolling. As far as i can tell it's almost a BIS item so i don't want to mess it up. Currently the helmet has 950+ int, 7% AS, 20% cold and 11% spirit barrage skill. Now i'm thinking about rerolling int to 6% crit, but i'm not sure at what total ammount of int 6% crit becomes better than 950~ int. I've looked at the leaderboards and there are some people who've rolled off their int aswel, but they all seem to have inferior stats compared to mine. What do guys?OwNzOr2 Aug 12
Aug 11 Lon Spirit Barrage Rotation? So I was watching a guy at youtube and when the rift guardian spawned he casted multiple locust swarms and haunts. Do they stack and is this a dps boost?Rew4 Aug 11
Aug 10 Ring of Emptiness Are the RNG Gods so against me that I can spend what seems like 50,000 blood shards and upgrade 100's of rare rings and not see a Ring of Emptiness anywhere? Is this ring supposed to be like, super rare? I am getting to the point where I am tempted to run a different build :(Ømicron1 Aug 10
Aug 10 Rathma Pet Build Paragons Hello all, I'm a returning player to D3 after several years of hiatus and decided to play a Necromancer considering the latest expansion for S11. So much has changed! Items in the cube now?! How are you guys structuring your paragon points for the Rathma singularity build? Thanks in advance! Sirus the VirusSirus1 Aug 10
Aug 10 Why is LoN Why is LoN the only viable build for grift 80+Bilefloat9 Aug 10
Aug 9 QoL idea for witch doctors... Now we see you (the developer's) can do it, please give gargantuan's the command skeleton ability.Red53 Aug 9
Aug 8 LoN WD Does bane of stricken gain stacks with spirit barrage? Or is it only haunt spam? Also is there anyway to see how much stricken is stacked on a enemy? Is there a limit on how high stricken can stack? Sorry for all the questions.Bilefloat1 Aug 8
Aug 8 RoE/Pet dmg interaction with Spirit Barrage Can someone explain to me how this works? I am slightly confused seeing both RoE and +pet damage for the LoN build. I know the spirit barrage is turned into a pet thus stacking pet damage is good but I was also under the impression that Blizzard didn't want RoE working with pets (like gargs) so they nerfed that interaction. Also why aren't taskers used for the pet? Thanks in advance!Ham5 Aug 8
Aug 8 any build base on fear or horrify ? any build base on fear or horrify for WD or necromancer ?kpsia5183 Aug 8
Aug 8 New LoN Spirit Barrage WD Looking For Advice I've finally gotten enough ancient pieces to make this build start working OK, and I was wondering if someone who knows the build well could take a look at my gear and let me know what I should be focusing on for my next upgrades (that will give me the biggest impact). I only have 5 ancients so far, so more ancients is definitely at the top of my list, but I'm wondering what else I should be working on in the short term. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/demaxxus-1684/hero/92098333demaxxus9 Aug 8
Aug 7 Help.... Zuni build??? I've been trying a pet army build but I can't seem to get past a lvl 57 grift in time to upgrade gems. I seem really squishy so I am now using a shield off-hand. I tried helltooth 4 pcs bonus with this build (royal ring of grandeur in cube) and it didn't work that well either. Any suggestions, advice, etc??? I can complete 60grifts but I move so slowly that I never make it in time..... or I die so much that I don't make it in time. Elites don't seem to be the problem.Porter2 Aug 7
Aug 5 creeping death im runing arachyr with quetzalcoatl+vile hive +wormwood im using creeping death passive but im starting to think thats this passive is worthless. dots stop after 1.5 screen anyway whats the use?haphlo1 Aug 5
Aug 4 Dart WD Can someone help me with my build please? I saw a guy running grift 91 with the dart build and I coppied it lol. My damage is pretty bad. In T13 it takes like 20 darts to kill trash. I can run 80+ with LoN but I always loved the dart build.Bilefloat1 Aug 4
Aug 4 Challenge Rift 6 (NA) - HELLTOOTH HARNESS Challenge Rift 6 Breakdown - (North America) Challenge Rift 6 features a Witch Doctor utilizing the full 6 item Set Bonus for Helltooth Harness; This Build is accented with a variety of Legendary Items, including: Short Man’s Finger Sacred Harvester - Soul Harvest stacks to 10 Hellfire Amulet - Passive: Zombie Handler (Extra Zombie Dog) Jeram’s Bracers - Wall of Death can be cast Three times -and several other key items, which are described in the video link below- Wall of Death is buffed by Helltooth Harness, granting a massive damage bonus for the following skills: Plague of Toads/Wall of Death/ Piranhas/ Zombie Dogs/ Gargantuan These same skills afflict enemies with NECROSIS NECROSIS is a Damage over Time (DOT) ability – dealing 1500% weapon damage per second for 10 seconds, along with a 20% damage buff. The goal in this build is to afflict enemies with Necrosis, then finish them off with additional abilities. This build uses a bunch of pets – 3 additional zombie dogs (for a total of 6) and 3 total Gargantuans – with Short Man’s Finger. Each of these Pets will afflict enemies with Necrosis with each attack. In addition to all of this - we have Piranhas with the Piranhado rune – this acts as crowd control, pulling enemies together, and throwing them in the air, as well as promoting a 15% damage bonus. Soul Harvest can stack to 10 times with Kunai’s Power: Sacred Harvester In this build, we have the Legendary Gem: Bane of the Trapped, which activates for all enemy controlling attacks – and this Witch Doctor uses a handful of these controlling abilities: Plague of Toads, Piranhas, Wall of Death, Soul Harvest So, the skill rotation is as follows: Keep Pets Summoned in front of you Maintain 10 Stacks of Soul Harvest Stack three “Wall of Death” casts on the same group of enemies Use piranhas for harder groups Finish with Toads. This video goes through all of this in much greater detail, leading into a map breakdown and then putting all of this in practice in a demonstration – reaching very high on the North American leaderboard (19th place – at the time) https://youtu.be/FyFNEBj2dg8?list=PL1ejlqbXsHaxxrYmaqDteF2Whk8ab1g9TItreboboog0 Aug 4
Aug 4 LF a WD to farm with and share class items. Hiya, I created another Gen monk for that season 11, para 500, can clear GR 65 right now. I always wanted to try the WD, and i'm up for it, just don't wanna start again with no items. That's why i'm looking for a WD that would be up to farm with my monk, so we could share class items. PM/ADD me in game : Epok#2511 EpokEpok1 Aug 4
Aug 4 HT-Garg. with COE? I have played the standard HT build, but wasn't happy with the DPS and movement speed. A primal CoE dropped for me, I changed my HT build to include the CoE and a speed belt, and the results have been good. Has anyone else used the CoE with a HT-Garg. build?Saydin2 Aug 4
Aug 4 Pet AI Is there anway that pets can be made to focus blue/yellow mobs over random white rarity mobs? Even with proper positioning its extremely frustrating to either recast on a long CD to try and get proper position or watch your gargs run around hitting random white spiders.Lif4 Aug 4
Aug 4 About to quit Since season started ive played my WD and stuck with him. I'm trying to get the LoN build to work. I'm getting overly frustrated. I have 600 mil toughness and I'm dying in 1-2 hits. I can't get past GR67. I've put so many hours into this freaking character and coppied the other LoN builds. Can someone please help? Being stuck at GR 67 is an embarassment.Bilefloat6 Aug 4
Aug 3 Zuni pet build ? Is zuni fetish build still good this season ?? with carnevil and dagger of darts ??Rydiaa3 Aug 3
Aug 3 Helltooth Harness Challenge 6 This week's Challenge Rift features a Witch Doctor wearing Helltooth Harness and the Bracers of Jeram, along with many other synergistic items. Perhaps the most synergistic challenge Rift to date. Enjoy this extremely detailed and relatively high quality tutorial, for Challenge Rift 6- https://youtu.be/FyFNEBj2dg8Itreboboog0 Aug 3
Aug 3 Where to find Shi Mizu Haori I was wondering if Shi Mizu Haori is found while farming or only available crafting. Thanks!davcho49 Aug 3
Aug 3 HT build with ROE, BOHW, Wormwood I'm trying the Helltooth build with ring of emptiness, band of hallow whispers, and wormwood (none cubed so far, still working on getting ancients of each or better gear and cube what I can), and so far I'm killing tish pretty good. I'm thinking I can get a better necklace/rings combo than the same old compass rose/travelers pledge two piece, due to the Band Of Hollow Whisper and Ring Of Emptiness buffing my dmg+275%...the ROE/BOHW/Wormwood combo works great when fighting elites as it constantly hits them with haunt and locust swarms for +275% dmg. Plus you don't lose the dmg buff when you have to run around and then have to wait for it to get back to 100%. Still have to find a decent neck as well, maybe a good Hellfire amulet, I'm thinking that's my next mission...MeezyF3 Aug 3
Aug 3 LoN WD help How does spirit barrage work with the weapon "The Barber"? Can I just stand still and hold down the button so it just countinously cast or is it something I need to just tap so it cancels the cast so the affect on the barber works?WreckinWally6 Aug 3