Witch Doctor

Apr 23, 2013 my genius proposal for WD pet buff in 1.09 In order to make pet skills stand out for Witch Doctor, please review my following suggestions and proposal. Nowadays we barely see Witch Doctor uses any pet skills anymore, come on Blizzard, I believe I was not the only one who chose Witch Doctor because it’s signature pet skills. Active Skills: SUMMON ZOMBIE DOGS- dogs come with passive skills that buff Witch Doctor and teammates Rabid Dogs - All mobs within 20 yards of the dogs, receive 25% weapon damage per second as poison (4 dogs -100% damage) Final Gift- Team receives 5% of energy (mana, spirit, fury ect) regeneration rate (4 dogs increase 20%) Life Link- Team receives 1% of max life regeneration per second ( 4 dogs increase 4%) Burning Dogs- Team receives 5% bonus damage as fire (4 dogs increase 20%) Leeching Beasts Team receives 1% of life steal (4 dogs increase 4%) GARGANTUAN – comes with passive skills that buff Witch Doctor and teammates Humongoid- Increases team 5% critical hit chance and 50% critical damage Restless Giant- Increases team 10% movement speed and 10% attack speed Wrathful Protector- Increase team 20% all resistance, 20% armor and 10% Max Hp Big Stinker- Enemies around Gargantuan receives 20% extra damage and 40% reduce in movement speed Bruiser- Increase team 10% all attributes Passive skills: ZOMBIE HANDLER 4 zombie dogs at one time , pets HP increase by 100%, share life regeneration of WD and also receive extra 50% bonus armor and resistance. (so 150% total) FIERCE LOYALTY All Pets passive buff skill effects increase by 50% Hoping this will come true, buff amount might cause unbalance for other class, but it can be adjusted, at least I believe this could be a great idea even pets not helping much with killing the buff does seem a bit too much, but don't forget PET CAN DIE, it requires cool down to resummon so it's NOT permanent buff, or...team only receive 50% of above buff, only the WD gets full buff THANKS FOR READING , ALL REPLIES ARE APPRECIATEDpeanutbutter9 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Witchdoctor MP10 PTR testing - Firebats is viable! My viewers and I have been doing some theorycrafting / testing on the current PTR build. With the changes to Firebats, we have concluded that Cloud of Bats is the best rune choice. Check out the results in this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxBrDVrJEj8Ptbrulz23 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Help taking the WD a bit further. Alright guys so since barb is probably going to get nerfed to the point of no more ww and wotb shenanigans and become useless in all paragon levels due to lack of fury etc. I am re-focusing myself on my favorite love/hate class.. The witch doctor. When this game first came out I loved high ias and the dart build until realizing i didn't have to avoid every little thing if I rolled a barb so that is what I did. I focused a lot on my WD's resists and got lucky with a half decent roll on a bracer and a dirt cheap cd/cc ring. I would like to use the skorn equipped but also have a few decent 1 handers/mojo's. I would like to play mp10 but find myself getting 1 shotted here and there by blazing guardians in vota, and having to avoid those little green buggers in keeps 2/3 is super annoying. I can work on vit but feel that shouldn't be the main priority when half decent resists, high dps, and lifesteal combine. Besides rolling a bit more CD on an ammy and maybe rolling some better gloves. Is there anything else some of the more experienced WD's on here may suggest? My time with this class is up there but I was never completely satisfied due to low survivability, the mana issues that plague the class, and of course the lack of synergy between skills.Superflu2 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 confusion about emerald/ruby and dps I uploaded my profile on d3up.com to see where I could gain dps. I use an emerald on my weapon but it seems that with a marquise ruby I would gain 5000 dps. i'd lost 100 crit hit dmg to gain 5000 dps...doesn't sound like a good idea imo, but I see so many people doing this with their MCK. Do you think it's a good idea?rawr12346 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Help me figure this out please i hate asking this on the wd forums but honestly i have no clue so i need some help from you guys. i found some boots that are really good but i have no clue what they are worth this is not a trading thread i am not selling these just personally looking for a rough estimate. would be much appreciated. 8% to poison 188 int 160vit 12%movement speed 7pickup radiusuHMuZe1 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Giving gold to WD to help me with glitch i'll give 2M gold to any WD that helps me get to paragon lvl 100 with the zombie dog trick. get at me!!!IAM3137 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 WTS Int/vit Witching Hour http://postimg.org/image/f8ukfdo3n/ 177 INT 131 STR 30 VIT 9% IAS CHD 47% post offer or add me ingame JustinMo#1214JustinMo1 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 WTS Pretty Good Zuni Pox http://i.imgur.com/i5PjKf9.png Notable stats: 85 int 65 ar 259 LoH 6 CC 34 CD Don't have a concrete price atm. Will sell to the highest bidder.Patwa5 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Emerald or Ruby? I have a noob WD at paragon 3 and was wondering.... I think it was Wyatt Cheng who say that Rubies are better suited for high AS/low CD builds; and skills that dont proc on crit like Hydra. Given that most WD dont want high AS because it drains mana too fast, why do I see WDs using ruby?Ryoka1 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Best Of The World Lacuni Please read this topic if you are interested: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8691259374BulKathos6 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Helm -8 Dog 199i, 88v, 44ar, 4.5cc on RMAH For a quick view of said gears pls visit d3up.com/b/530621. Wild Trial 199 Int 88 Vit 44 All resist CC 4.5% Dog -8 Sec Bid/Bo $34.95/$39.95 Just a head upB25HLG5 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Best WD build to use for a 1.5-2bil budget. I dont really have a clue on what kind, i simply know i want a WD. Any help would be awesomejoemama12 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 My WD is terribly ill... I don't know what it is exactly - either his inability to suppress fear or hold excitement – but whenever he has a monster encounter in the shady world of Sanctuary, he suffers from 'sheer bear diarrhea'. Unbridled torrents of brown filth are rushing towards unsuspecting critters, choking them and disgusting to death. This rather peculiar process seems to nauseate accompanying WDs who start vomiting sporadically all over the surroundings. Together they would rarely feel shy of their doing and prefer to call it 'a perfect strike'. Oddly enough, such a miraculous evacuation of body does not seem to appeal to other classes of heroes – during those moments the latter would instead demonstrate a pronounced suicidal behavior akin riding arcane beams, swimming in poison pools, running into walls or fighting their own shadow. I enjoy my WD!LumeN5 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 I need a game plan for 200k dps Exactly what the title says, pretty much I don't want to mis-buy and shoot myself in the foot. For example I need a new weapon but an not sure which way to go; spear? I also want to play with firebats next patch if that matters. WD is my last class to get to 200k unbuffed, mainly because I don't know the high end gearing strategy's for it as well as other classes. Is it an issue that I want to keep the frog? I love the froggie... It would also be helpful to see some solid WDs as an example; I want to hit 200k the right way (not by rigging it and putting stats in wrong places if you know what I mean) Thanks guy/girls! Would be more than happy to help you on gearing your alts in return :)Vulindlela4 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Can a WD abandon DPS? (Especially Darts) OK, abandon might be too extreme a word. Let me elaborate: As a newcomer to Diablo 3, I am most drawn to the Witch Doctor, because he/she's unlike anything I've ever seen before. I've always been drawn to support characters that are offbeat and strange. And you don't get more strange than the Witch Doctor. However, the necessity of DPS seems the be-all, end all when we look at most builds and reach higher difficulties. (Well duh, you might say.) Although I'm curious to play a WD that is pure utility, maximizing what I think makes him unique, his crowd control (summoning, ensnaring, harassing) and debuffing (via poison), allowing the team to both survive and dps more without kiting. And also throwing throwing in tons of HP because I don't want to die. :P What I'm not so hot on is spamming the same spell over and over till something is dead. But for inferno, the staple usually involves either: Splinter darts, and kiting. Which, while practical, is fricking boring - and the one thing that mostly makes me question fully investing in the WD (I really wanna like the Spiders or Toads, against all logic.) or Bigass bears. Far more visually appealing, but not without its own risks of close-quarters. Is a utility WD practical? Can I make a WD doctor into an indirect tank, focusing more on summons, survivability and crowd control? Would he be useful to his team, or more of a burden? Can summons and debuffs make a difference for severe bosses? Which abilities would make your life easier in a tense fight? Obviously this is a very co-op focused character. Or will a toad-tossing, zombie-grabbing, poison inflicting, voo-doo-dancing, hex-healing WD just be ridiculed in Hell and beyond? If the answer is...probably. Prepare for my second post: "Can a Monk go pure tank/support?" ;) So yeah. What's the potential of going in the opposite direction of a glass cannon? I'd appreciate your thoughts. :)Ashchild3 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Selling Good Manajuma Kinfe and Zuni Helm Add me Fatvirgin#1387 Knife http://imgur.com/5ut798V Vision http://imgur.com/JS7PHHbFatvirgin0 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Calling all zdog's who want to level hit me up before they nerf the zdog exp glitch. it gives a ton of exp and i've heard you can hit plevel 100 in 3 daysshankluu13 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Question about Zoo doctor build. Realistically how far would one be able to get with a zoo build? with my current gear/build I literally never even lose one dog let alone need to recast them farming inferno MP-0. Not an impressive feat I know, but it makes me curious how far one could go with a zoo build. Given the proper gear.Jileti7 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Witch Doctor Builds help! Hey guys! Yesterday I helped my brother level a Witch Doctor who is now 60! If anyone out there can tell me what builds are Farming efficient and what builds allow UBER DPS that would be really appreciated. I know absolutely NOTHING about Witch Doctors so any advice is appreciated >:] Edit: Also... I would like to know what Stats are more important as far as IAS, CC,CD.Ghost4 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 New HC WD needs help. Hey everyone, I just hit 60 a few days ago on my WD and I'm in need of some help. I'm currently leveling with a barb and we're having some troubles getting through act 3. I want to upgrade my gear as well as possibly change my spec, but I need some help. I have around 23k dps, 40k hp, 650 or so all resist with his war cry up. I looked at the guides stickied above, and I'm in between being really broke, and being broke. So I don't have a lot of cash to blow on the AH. Also, the spec I use probably needs a complete overhaul. I'm using poison darts (splinters), grasp (80% slow), spirit walk (healing journey), firebomb (roll the bones), BBV (slam dance) and hex (hedge magic). Passives are PTV, Jungle Fort, and Spirit Vessel. I'd prefer not to use zombie bears, but if they're the best option then I guess I'd take a look at it. I also don't want to be a glass cannon because I'm in HC. I'm still new to 60 so if anyone had any tips I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.savi0r231 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Suggest: add Wall of Zombies to Tribal Rite "...please put "Wall of Zombies" into the list of "Tribal Rites" cooldown reduction skills..." http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568991105 Hope they listen... Please support Comments welcomed Thanks.Luffy12 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 MP10 WD Zombie Bear Gear/Build Guide!! Hey guys I made a detailed guide on the witch doctor zombie bear build MP10, I hope you guyz like it. I will be making more wd guides soon! Let me know if you use this same build or use different skills that work better for you, I would love to hear from all of you! Thanks in advance! http://youtu.be/RaGn7CaP-aYObamaFailed7 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Is this a steal? Just sniped this WH as soon as it posted for 7m.. 64 STR 161 INT 38 COLD RES 8 IAS 226 ARMOR 47 CDAtrial4 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Starting a Witch Doctor I'm looking for some end game builds, More on the leveling after 60 not looking for much MF.And gear I should be looking to acquire?BigDaddy3 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 WTB 0dog set but.. Not sure i will like the play style. Anyone with a set willing to let my try it out on the PTR?LadyJ2 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Plague Bats: LoH or LS? Playing on PTR with 227k dps(not including 30% to Elites) with 5.7LS and HP does not seem to be coming back fast enough. So before people waste gold anyone know if it would be better to stack LoH for Plague Bats? This is from the WD guide for reference: Plague Bats Proc = 16.5%/enemy/tick (only the tick of the initial hit, not the dot)rockon873 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Witch doctor Upgrade help ! Budget of around 500 million have no idea what do i need to upgrade ? Dmg unbuff only 90k + Love the bear build but is it viable for mp8 + ? or acid cloud build would be better ? Love to seek some help from the experts WD here ! Not looking to change my totd. ( Hardly can part with the pickup radius )phoby0 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 You think WD needs a buff? Watch this Hey guys, there are constant posts in the forums as to the limitations and weaknesses of the witch doctor. Personally, I feel we are by far the most versatile class, and when setup properly can be one of the most fearsome characters in the game. We have skills to account for all situations, and most importantly we have the capability for massive burst damage. Good luck finding a DH or wiz that can out-dps a solid wd over a short time period. Anyway, I just wanted to show you how truly epic the wd really is! I'll be posting more videos over the coming weeks. If you have any special requests let me know! This is me doing a few Warrior's Rest runs on mp10 (best method for legendary and essence farming). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFrpxNNB6cQ&feature=youtu.be Edit: More Videos! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzMmoTsmOI -Festering Woods Mp10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv_xfyu3D7U - Keeps Lvl 2 mp10Trefnwyd37 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Upgrade advice plz. Just looking for some advice on what i should upgrade next....i dont have much gold atm but just looking for a goal. I'm thinking crafting gloves / bracers is my best option but looking for suggestions. thanksSpydur852 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Looking for Dart Spam build help I've been tinkering around with Dart Spam builds for a bit but can not seem to find one that kills quickly enough, I spend a lot of time keeping enemies poisoned and kiting them around. If there are any WDs who can suggest a good one to me, explain why you use the spells you use, gear and stat options, etc etc, I'd appreciate that. Battletag is: Khamai#1962 Profile is: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Khamai-1962/hero/733086 P.S. I do not want to play Bear Spam spec. Please do not bother recommending it to me. :PKhamai4 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 LF 0 Dog WDs to run mp10 KD3/KD2/AC2 I run a 200k dps CS monk (vortex) and often play with a freeze wiz. I used to have a 0 dog WD of my own but got bored of him when I hit 100; however, I really like having all those health globes available when I'm farming. I've got a couple on my list already but more is always better. Prefer 3-pc 0-dog WDs with 100k+ dps, or full 45 sec CD 4-pc 0-dog WDs running PtV. Feel free to friend me silentmike69#1275.SilentMike691 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 In which order is mana cost changes applied? Lets say you use -10 firebat cost soj, blood ritual -15% and ptv +30%. How does it add up?Josef3 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Gear suggestions for new 60 WD? So I haven't played for a loooong time but I have this 60 WD i want to play again. Figuring out what gear to get is super confusing atm. Any suggestions as far as go for 1hand vs 2hander? Any sets or specific orange/green worth picking up? I dont want to spend more than a mil. I like playing with all the dogs/garg out tanking. Thanks mucho!Losse0 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 What is the best one hand weapon for WD's? What is the best 1 hand weapon for witch doctors? Is it better to get one with mana regen if other stats are sacrificed, or get a weapon with stats other then mana regen and pick up the regen on other items? Ideally I know the highest dps with a socket, but in terms of stats what are the best for a one hand weapon for a witch doctor... or does it depend on the spec?Anagram84 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 wts nice zuni chest 182 int 257 vit 38 pois res 72 ar 422 armorsnowcone172 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Tal amulet or craft? My amulet is by no means amazing but it has been my best craft out of approx 50 tries. My question is should I continue to try my luck at crafting to bump up DPS (eHP is not a priority but welcomed lol) or should I just look into buying a CC Tals ammy for the +% damage boost? I have a budget of around 50-60 mil to spend on it. Thanks http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/d373rmined-1172/hero/24790679d373rmined3 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 WTS Vile Ward 265 Int 34V 79AR 243Arm Indest. http://i.imgur.com/lljqqO4.jpg Farmed this recently, can't find a reasonable bar for price in AH. 265 Intelligence 34 Vitality 79 All Resistance 243 Armor 257 Life per Second Indestructiblestevedusa1 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Can someone tell me how does these bats work? I have been testing the new bats on ptr, each rune is kind of different Dire Bats the big bats something explode on contact and sometime penetrate the target, why is that? Plague Bats Do these start with the base damage (no-rune) or do they start at a even lower damage before it can reach the maximum? and how long will it take? If I change target do I lose this benefit? Cloud of Bats The range for this skill seems very small. How close do I have to be to deal damage? what's the range? ThanksKirusAlufras5 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 I'm bored with monk... help with WD So I have a WD to 60. my monk is getting a little boring now and I am thinking of changing it up with my WD. In my non tempest rush gear, with my monk, I can do MP10 fairly well. I am not, I repeat NOT looking for that for my WD. I would like to do MP4-5 easily. So what stats should I shoot for and is there a guide to gear/ skill set guide to use, I have a buget of 300-400 mill in mind.... is that even doable What is BiS, or does that depend on build type? Thanks in advance Also please look at my WD. is anything good enough to keep, or should I start from scratch?jynxedmonkey3 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 WTS: 0dog Gear For Sale http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/4five-0/0dog_zps8d25fc39.jpg 1 - 250M 2 - 225M 3 - 500M 4 - Ignore, same as 3. 5 - 600M 6 - 150M Thanks for looking! Please add me OPnoob#1576 in-game to purchase. Will consider discounts if you buy more than one piece!OPnoob4 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 WTS 284 avg dmg -10 bears uhkapian Title says it all, very high average damage, nice -10 zombie charger here's the image http://i.imgur.com/Sd66z5N.pngkukabuka1 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Stuck on where to go from here As the title says, I'm not sure what to upgrade with my gear right now. I'm aiming for getting a Witching Hour and a decent Vile Ward, however I don't have much gold available to me (about 1 mil, however I'm finally getting the hang of farming and getting decent runs in) to spend on these items. So, any advice on what to upgrade from where I am at now? I'd like to spend about 2 mil or less per item if possible, however once I get more gear farming obviously gets easier/faster. Here's my WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zero-1117/hero/19458923Zero1 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Price check on my gear Hello, I would like to find out how much my gear is worth, I am thinking of selling it and getting my monk rolling again.Bloodworth2 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 PC - SOS Any value? Average Damage: 181 Int: 196 MR: 14 Bears: - 9 Crit Chance: 10 Thanks!MistStep0 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Hi WD gurus! I'm trying to gear my WD to reach ~150k dps need some help. Will be interested to go bear/bat build. Please help to recommend a build and gear to buy? I have Zuni boots n ring to transfer over from my wizard btw. I was told to stay away from attack speed, is this true? Thanks in advance!Fireblade7 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Witch Doctor gear for sell http://i.imgur.com/ybRrFkV.png looking for offersmeno6 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Looking for 3-4 WD Mp10 speed farming group I keep seeing these 4 WD or 3 WD 1 monk groups, I badly want to try this.....If you have a group and are looking for a bear doc please let me know. I can probably convert to a zdog if needed too. If some of you godly WD's out there would like to farm together, and are interested in this, let me know!!! THANKSHEHATEME20 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Enter Sandman WD MP10 1.0.8 Video (FUN!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mud-enuN7iQ&feature=youtu.be Hope you guys have fun watching the video. This is as geeky as it gets....but what the heck hahaha.Gooze4 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Witch doctor 73M exp/hour Hi witch doctors! I m here to tell you that i create a run with waht you can do 73M exp/hour. See my video and add me if you have questions, enjoy and thanks you! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpwGXjmWO8gRoipoutchou0 Apr 21, 2013