Witch Doctor

Mar 10, 2013 Hungry bats is NOT doing 350% Weapon Damage! Title basically explains itself. Blizzard...do you have any play testers at all? Hungry Bats (rune for Firebats) supposedly does 350% weapon damage per bat.... and they do less consistently and noticeably less damage than zombie bears at 236% WD and seems to be hitting at around more like 180% per bat. This has been a noticed problem on other forums I've read since back in June. Apparently this bug hasn't been fixed for months and months, ironically even as the skill received a buff in damage during a recent patch. Lylirra, any blue....I hope if you read this, you'll perhaps bring it up and fix it because I would love to use our highest weapon damage % skill (aside from Pile On).Shadicar12 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Catching up Pretty much just returned since what seems like taking a break about a month after release, hoping to gain some advice while skimming through the stickies. Switched between bears and a fetish build back then, trying out other builds currently but its hard to ditch the lil buggers :| If possible since if my friends ever return to this game, it'll be for 'pvp'. Any advice for witch doctors against Demon hunters or barbarians?GrumpyWookie0 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Do Puzzle Ring work on Pets ? i know you can proc affix with your dogs(flaming) and bruiser(big Stinker). but what i wan to know is, can we proc the goblin more often with our pets out. when we have the ring equipped. i know is a big hit to our stats, but it might be worth it if we see the goblin more often. any insight in this would be appreciated.Gabrieo2 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Upgrade advice and PC- zero dog build WD My gear http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/pippenwu-1590/PippenWu/12686149 Which piece should I upgrade first? 1) Helm: I am considering upgrading the helm to CC version. 2) Bracer, I have bought 80intel 9IAS 5%CC Lacuni as a replacement. Current bracer is for mp10 uber kill. Any other advice on gear upgrade? Also you are most welcome to price check this WD :) Thanks.PippenWu1 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Looking for tips Hey guys, Posting here to find out what my next upgrade should be... Having a hard time figuring out where to go next anyway. I have about ~700mil gold to spend. Thanks!act0fmyown0 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 How's My WD? I'm new to Witch Doc's just got mine to 60 and geared him. how does he look?ImBinky2 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 GG Intel gear sale! quitting! MUST SEE >>> http://i.imgur.com/QiHyHjl.jpg <<< 1. c/o 50m - buyout 150m 2. c/o n/a - buyout 40m 3. c/o 75m - buyout 110m 4. c/o n/a - buyout 200m 5. c/o n/a - buyout 500m 6. c/o 25m - buyout 70mWasenob5 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 New to WD, what are the nice build to play? Hi I'm new to the WD class. Having rush by my mates for fast leveling to 60 and know nuts about any skill of WD. So I read and found some famous skills in the forum, and anyhow set the skill as per what i use now. Spent about 30Mil to get the current gears + some lucky picks/crafts previously. Can any WD Pros guide me on the skill? What is the best for main attack skill? and my 3x pets seem die very fast, and it take some time to recast again. Thanks in advance. Cheers!KentLau2 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 I want to play a wd, quick question Hey guys, I am bored playing my barbarian and want to make a WD as they look really unique and fun. My question is, how much gold would it currently take to buy gear for a good WD? Like how much to have good resistances, hp and 100k dps unbuffed? How much for 200k dps unbuffed? Are they the most expensive class to gear? I would like to handle MP 8 + Also, besides a few obvious items, can you pretty much swap gear between a Wizard and WD? Thanks guys.Avenger1 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 HELP! I need more critical hit %..what to do? I have limited gold but need more crit hit chance... what should I get? Zunimassas vision doesnt have any, so i'll get that. Same with Zunimassas pox.sonicassault3 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 GG ZUNI POX cheap on AH On AH right now ending in 3 hours 27-49 Average Dmg 85 Int 4 cc 33 cd 67 all res Open Socket CO is only 115m. Place your bids on this baby!TamTH1 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Zunimassa's Pox WTS This is the best item ive found, unfortunately, but i need help accuratley pricing it! http://i.imgur.com/U0y3Tvo.jpg Thanks!CokoThunderr13 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 PVP mana problems, need some help!! Have good enough EHP, just need to focus on my mana. Im thinking if I replace my shield with a mojo(finally), that might do the trick. Any help?DoooM2 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Trading a nice String of Skulls Current bid of 100 million on auction house. Figure if anyone was in the market here is a chance to grab a nice piece zuni mojo. If the CC was higher this thing would be beastly, but still a great alt for some players running into mana problems with their bears. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/riddler14/dsfsdf_zps0bda01be.pngBurgatron4 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 SoJ help? +5% Poison Damage +112 Max Mana +29% Dmg vs. Elites +5% Crit Chance with Acid Cloud I have one with these stats and was wondering if it's good or worth anything or if anyone even uses them really. Using acid rain build. Sorry I'm new to WD. Thanks guys.TheBoss1 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 I love my new WD :) Hi WD community. I am fairly new here kindly check my gear and tell me where and what i can improve on. :) btw i am a d3 returnee 3 months hiatus hehehe (soo pls be gentle). btw with the build Im using i can easily farm till mp6 and kinda struggle on higher mps(7-10) even with my 700+ LOH and 3% LS and can cast zombie bears nonstop (no mana issues). Thanks :)aljorocks21 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Not sure where to go from here I'm currently farming act3 on MP 0. I would like to extend this into further and higher MP numbers but I'm not sure what a good mark is to aim for in regards to stats, build, and ease of farming. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm not too keen on my current build except I would like to continue a Bear-based approach of some sort. I've spent less than a combined 1 mill on my current gear, and now I'm sitting around 7-8 mill and feel it's time to start spending it on upgrades. What would be the best way to spend this gold, what stats are achievable with this, and what MP would this allow me to comfortably farm? Are there benchmarks for each MP level?Multicide1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Reaching 100k Unbuffed Greetings fellow WD's. I've been playing for a while and got stuck, i would really like to know which upgrades to buy to bump up my DPS up to 100K in the cheapest possible way. I would really appreciate any advice from you, guys.Hamslice3 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Starting cost for 0 dog? looking to acquire a baseline 0 dog set, what am i looking at for cost and what pieces should i be looking for?DooZ1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Manitou for low MP farming Just wanted to pop in and report on an experiment I tried last night. I have enough mana generation gear, combined with my slow AS weapon (always a good idea for those having problems with mana), that I don't really need a primary attack (toads, firebomb, etc.). So, I tried sticking Spirit Barrage - Manitou as my left-click attack, and keep it always on. I find it's great for speed A3 runs as it not only nails stragglers, but opens debris. Also, I don't have any LOH gear, but it does proc that, too. I don't really need that slot for primary damage, as ZB and Acid Rain take care of elites and mobs, respectively, but I was zipping through A3 much more quickly with Manitou instead of my previous skill (Dire Bats). Anyone else tried this, or has a better suggestion for what to do with that left click spot? Not a huge dog fan.UncleTouchy1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 0dog gear for sale See profile - Visage - 191 int, 3.5% crit, 9 sec dogs Homunculus - 26-58 dmg, 20 sec dogs SOJ - 6% fire dmg, 5 sec dogs Let me know if interested. ThanksDamokles1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Mana help, Please. For passives I have Grave Injustice and Blood Ritual to help with mana. I use Bad Medicine to mitigate damage. I have 1002 mana and refill 75 per second with the help of zuni set. Basically I would like to incorporate Acid Rain and Zombie Bears as my main and secondary. This is not a problem on mp2 but I'm wanting to go higher. With my current gear I have a 6.1% chance to stun and I really would like to keep Acid Rain because it is awesome when an entire mob gets stunned. An option would be to change spirit walk to Honored Guest and that does help a bit, but then I lose the ability to heal myself. I currently have 473 LoH and am about to purchase a ring that offers more (maybe a Unity or Litany). I have a mana knife with 2.7 life steal but I didn't like how little it helped with actually healing me so I no longer use it. As we all know, Acid Rain is great with LoH so if I can keep the rain flowing, I should not have survivability issues. I could also swap out Bears for Well of Souls and that would lessen the cost of each cast, but also reduce my potential damage. If I go this route then many seem to be fond of Rush of Essence, in which case I'd need to swap out a passive. In the past I would do Rain of Toads as primary with Bears as secondary but as I'm trying to move at a quicker pace at higher MP levels I feel I need a good ranged attack. I would greatly appreciate any insight from fellow WDs. I've been playing since about a week after release but I still don't have the level of understanding that some of you possess.Quantrill5 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Gear Advice Please i farmed 50m to upgrade my witch doctor but cannot find an item that good enough to worth buying. as you can see in my profile i am lacking some dps but all advices are very welcome Thank you eu armory http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Diseased-2699/hero/2493274Diseased5 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Thing of the Deep best Mojo? I know there are some others that are better, trust me I've tried them. but I always end up coming back to this one because of the 20yrd pickup radius. Idk why I like that stat so much but it just makes playing sooooo much easier. "Can you dig it suckas"KraftDinner2 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 What should i upgrade next? Besides gems what should be my first upgrade?TyTy4 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 zunimassa set bonus. would anyone else rather have the "grants 10 mana per kill" set bonus, be changed to 110 or so max mana?videogame8 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 220k DPS and looking for advice on upgrades I have a bear/widowmaker build and am focused on farming MP5++ (mostly MP7 + ) and the whole "speed farming with acid cloud and high movement speed on low MPs" doesn't really appeal to me. i totally understand it's way more efficient; for me it's just not as fun. i want to know what you guys think in terms of gear... should i keep crafting bracers and amulets like as i have been doing and attempt to upgrade those, or is there something else that obviously sticks out as gear that is holding me back? i want to maintain ~65k life and probably raise my dps. i have about 300mil to spend, possibly more if a few things ever sell on the AH. any and all help, criticism, and ideas will be welcome. thanks!Ark7 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Critique my cloud of bats fun wd build Hi guys this is the first time i post a wd build suggestion on the forums so let me know what you'll think and hope to hear some suggestion to improve it. Summary: this build is mainly for fun with people dying to use Cloud of bats. I tested it on mp7 a3 with the current gear on my profile. Have an average kill rate and some deaths, but it feels fun to break the monotony of paragon grinding once in a while. The build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bcUYPZ!Vce!YcacYa Justifications: Cloud of Bats for obvious reason - when charged to 334% damage it actually hurts trash mobs and provide enough life steal with my 2.8. Only issue is that this spell is melee range, and the actual area of damage appears to be slightly smaller than the visual effects. Medusa spider: use for slowing down mobs that run like the blood clan mage and succubus. Also helps if you can't tank in melee range with a bunch of mobs. Jaunt: for obvious reason. This build is not mana intensive, and a fully charged CoB will allow you to steal more life than healing journey in 2 seconds. Leeching Beast: helps to tank some mobs, and give a bit of life leech too. Fetish: helps to tank some mobs when facing elite packs and also deal minor dps. TBH i don't really know which rune work best for this build. Tried it with fetish ambush when i'm in the middle of the elite pack and trash, but the skill didn't seems to do much. Unbreakable grasp: i feel that it synergise best with CoB. Slowed mobs ensure that you won't be tanking many at one time. Does dps too. I tried this build with groping eels, but the slow just isn't enough on inferno, and similarly for death is life, not much health globes dropping and not enough slow. Fetish sycophants: after clearing bridge of korsik i have around 10 fetish following me. Since this build uses all physical spells and fetish seems good for a little additional dps and help with tanking trash mobs. Besides it's fun to see a wd with 3 dogs and a bunch of fetish following him around. Blood ritual: reduce mana cost for CoB, my mana tank is always full even when channeling CoB against elties. Additional life regen is always good, since you'll be taking a lot of damage being in melee range Spirit vessel: since i tested this build on mp7 i used this spell to prevent death. With ultra tank gear or lower mp, i think This spell can easliy be swap for something else like pierce the veil. Recommended Items: Visage of Giyua with firebats mana reduction at least 10, Stone of Jordan firebats mana reduction 10. Zunimassa set. My resist all range from 760-810, armour 4.3k, and 42k hp, 2.9 life steal. Able to tank mp7 mobs well if you don't aggro the whole screen or stand in a bunch of enrage blood clan mauler/demonic tremor etc. Not sure if attack speed is critical in this build, i probably should have tested it, but don't have much gold to do so. With 1.64 attack speed, i did not run low on mana at all, so you can probably stack more ias and it won't be a problem. 1h vs 2h: you need a 1h because the helm is a visage, and that leave chest, boots, ring and mojo for a 4 piece zuni set. Play style: Run into a pack of mobs cast Unbreakable Grasp and start channeling CoB. Throw 2-4 medusa spiders at running stragglers, chase them and channel CoB again. For elite packs, run into them with caution, summon the fetish, cast unbreakable grasp and channel CoB. Be cautious as you can't tank well (without the 30% damage reduction that melee class have), so kite the elites and try not to die. Throw Medusa spiders from range if the elite affixes are too challenging, normally only one of them would make it up to you, so you can CoB that solo elite. Notable challenging elites and affixes: Plague: since 1.07 i simply can't stand in them, but CoB is a melee range spell so this affix is just bad. Back out of the plague and throw Medusa spiders. Electrified: channeling CoB at melee range with 3 electric affix just drop my hp in a pop. While the damage won't kill you, it is better to back away and CoB solo elites or throw Medusa spiders. Elite demonic tremors/golgor: they are massive, tanky and deals lots of damage. Unlike zombie bears, CoB just doesn't give me enough life steal to stand and tank them. Blood clan maulers: when a bunch of them enrage and punch me it's just instant death, so throw the spiders and kill them little by little. Fallen Maniac: no way i can't kill those with CoB before the detonation. Either run away or throw spiders from far. Followers: Recommended: scoundrel with buriza will freeze mobs in place for you to channel CoB. Do not use windforce because the knock back is just irritating. Templar is interesting because he'll automatically charge in and tank for you unlike the scoundrel. Often ignored skill for him is intervene and intimidation. With cold damage and intimidation, the Templar helps you to almost always can run from dangerous situation. Enchantress: the aoe damage spell, Armour, and attack speed is good, but i feel scoundrel and Templar will be a better choice for tanking, and not dying is the most important part of this build. Hope to hear some community feed back on this build, how to improve it and all!Prawnzs0 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 What should I upgrade next? Besides my gems, what should I upgrade next? I only have 7milDobby1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Causal needs advice So, I'm poor. BUT, I recently sold a vile ward for 40 mil, and am, by my standards, feeling quite flush. So! Instead of dicking around on the auction house, trying to figure out which part of my gear is in the greatest need of an immediate upgrade, I turn to you, random people of D3. If you were in my position, bearing in mind (get it, bearing?) that I'm pretty poor and have no interest in spending my hard earned dolla's on the RMAH, what sorts of immediate upgrades would you suggest? I'm thinking witching hour, and an upgrade on the !@#$ ring I'm rocking. Help me out (please and thank you :D)!POLiUM1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Homunculus price will finally drop! With the new proposed legend item drops, Homunculus will now also drop in Inferno and will roll ilevel 63 stats. I can expect the current level 58 ones to drop in value by a ton.fathom8 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 UNid Visage of Giyua x3 bin 1m each Yannister#1320Yannister1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 most fun WD build? looking through the build guide and there's plenty out there. just curious if anyone has one they think is the most fun to play - not necessarily maxing dps or speed. thanks!dingleingus7 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Suggestions for Set Bonus Changes? I just wanted to discuss my thoughts on the 4 set bonus for Witch Doctors, and offer my own suggestions on how to improve this. 10 mana per kill? While this helps for farming packs of white mobs, it offers no help when fighting tougher elites and/or uber bosses. Adding in the fact that Witch Doctors are the only class that I know of, aside from tempest monks, where additional attack speed does not benefit resource regeneration. Whirlwind barbs using Battle Rage with into the fray will get more ticks on their run like the wind tornados, giving them increased fury generation. Critical mass wizards with wicked winds will also get more ticks, and thus more chances for criticals to work with critical mass. I only have a level 9 DH, so I'm not sure when it comes to them, correct me if I'm wrong. Here are several suggested changes I have for the 4 set bonus: 1) Mana regen is increased by X%. This would require you to gear for mana regen. Available on offhand, helm, and ceremonial knives. 2) Mana leech. X% of damage is converted to mana. 3) Mana on hit. For each monster hit by your spells, x% of the mana cost is returned, up to a maximum of y%. 4) Remove mana regen from gear. Make mana regen x% of your max mana. Make the 4 set bonus be: X% of your intellect increases your mana pool, and would thus also increase mana regen. Any thoughts, feedback? I have always felt like the mana resource needs some tweaking, maybe the set bonus is not the answer.Popesickle3 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 WD equipment questions....Mempo of Twilight? So I found this Mempo of Twilight helmet a little while ago: 171 intelligence 76 Resist All 8% IAS 10% life 4.5% CC socket Is there a build that is viable with this? I've been browsing these forums a fair bit latley since I've stopped playing my barbarian for now and it appears like my attack speed is already too high...I think that might be OK for now since I'm farming MP0-2 for paragon leveling, but at higher levels mana might burn out too fast. What do you guys think about selling it? Or should I keep the helm for now? It seems like I could upgrade my doctor for barb quite a bit if I sold it....it's just hard to let it go lol. ThanksDIABLO33 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Witch Doctor Gear Suggestions for 1.08 A couple of thoughts for Witch Doctor gear improvements Don't roll witch doctor stats on items we don't use -- like bows. Don't roll other characters' stats on items we do use -- like Witching Hour belts with barbarian skills. Allow StrongArm Bracers to roll up to 6% crit. Allow Inna's Temperance (pants) to roll int with all res or armor which it cannot do. Allow Blackthorne's Jousting Mail (pants) to roll all res with armor. Allow Rare Mojos to roll with high damage 100-400 or more. Allow Rare Two Hand weapons to roll stats that can compete with the Skorn. And/Or allow them to roll with skill modifiers Other thoughts? Add them and let's get up a list of things we want changed.skywalkerfx2 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Looking to stream. Can someone help me, downloaded all the software. When i start stream it will not go because it is saying the URL isnt matching. I am using flash media live encoder.. You can add me in game or skype. Thank you, also I came here cause I am a fellow WDChronus0 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 WD Zuni Chest I'm new to WD but I want to get the correct pieces the first time around. When looking at most top WD their Zuni Marrow looks like: 180 int 250 vit 75 AR +300 Armor I bought a 175 int 255 vit 80 AR 8% life Is this good endgame chest? Or should I too be looking for an extra armor version?Azakiah14 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 WTB Zuni Chest Looking for a zuni chest with 160+ intGumby1 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 PvP Uhkapian Serpent? +122-428 Damage +188 Int +142 Vit +12% Life +9.0% ChC +6% Damage vs. Elites +12% Spirit Barrage http://imgur.com/IZ5a9e5 What do you think?Stinsonator0 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Coming back after a long hiatus, gear suggest Hey guys, coming back to play after a long time. I know the economy is a lot different. What's should I upgrade to get viable for the game right now? I have about 45m total still from before. Thanks guys.gnomicide0 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Bug with Witch doctor's Crit damage Simple, I got a new Witch doctor..lvl 60 with no item.. that add critical damage in inferno difficulity and I got 400 000 to 800 000 crit damage with '' poison dart '' rune splinters. But it seen but be genaral.. with all my spell. I am capable of a 2 200 000 crit damage with Soul Harvest '' vengefull spirit'' rune with exactly 50% damage crit and a 31 000 damage... it is Impossible.. even with my barb with 440% crit damage and a 130 000 damage I cant do that... I got some screen shot of those SUPER crit... I dont know how to link it... what can we do with that?Tonnix4 Mar 9, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 looking for some 0dog wd to game with hey guys looking for some other wds like myself too game with. bull!@#$ about wd's well talk really lol. and generally better myself as a wd add me ingame twirl#1388. thanksTwirl14 Mar 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 Gruesome Feast timer should be refreshed upon grabbing a health globe :o ^ I wouldn't mind a duration increase, but it's already really strong :)DoomBringer0 Mar 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 Change wd for mp10 petition Dear Blizzard. Plz, at least think about making wd stronkegr so wd can work on mp10ipope8 Mar 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 Zunni verus Mana This question may be too basic but here goes. I don't buy items for cash and i don't buy gold so i have to do it the old fashioned way: find stuff, sell stuff and then buy more stuff. My P22 WD hc is stuck at 52K dps and i would like to kick it up a bit. I am using average Zuni hat and source. Should I look for a better Zuni hat and source or should I switch up to a good Manajuma knife and source? If anyone has time to check my profile I would appreciate any advice that does not involve buying 40 million gold plus items. ThanksSoulwieser8 Mar 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 Gearing Stall - Need Advice! Hello all - Chief question: what is my worst equipped item? What should be my upgrade order? I had been planning on getting all/mostly orange Legendaries on my WD before starting to pick up the set pieces - mainly because without the set bonus, if I just bought a single set item, I'd lose a fair amount of cohesion to my current build for an uncertain amount of time before I could get the second one. Either way, I'm at 6M gold and not having any luck in my runs for the moment. Should I just keep saving for a much bigger upgrade, or does anyone see something ripe for the upgrading with the resources I have now? I run a speedy darts/splash acid build. I know I don't have much life, but it's working for me at the moment and my primary concern is just more damage. Then secondarily, start adding Life on Hit... Thank you so much for your time, anyone that sees this and gives it a thought or two.Rookfire22 Mar 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 Help on Witch Doc dps. Hey there witch docs 1st time posting on your forum. I run a witch doc as my 2nd hero (monk is main). I am completely confused with the crit damage on zombie bears it makes no sense to me. My witch doc can get up to around 130-140k dps with grave injustice with only 250% crit damage. so i would be expecting maybe 320-350k crit damage max. But when i get running with the bears i see upwards on 450k crits sometimes close to 500k and this just doesnt make sense. Not that im complaining on the unexplained high damage, just want some insight into what i am missing hereBFT8433 Mar 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 Emerald vs Ruby? whats better for your wep? im looking into getting the new gem but with such a price tag on it, id like to be sure i have the best choice! thanks for any advice!Demmu14 Mar 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 Witchdoctor Build Overhaul Hello Diablo 3 community, I am a Witch Doctor and have been since launch. I have all classes in the game at level 60 and into Inferno but have beaten Inferno act 4 with my witch doctor. Having thoroughly played this game I have had many disappointments but the one I want to talk about in particular is with the current skills and passives of the witch doctor class. Rather than rant about feeling under powered, I have prepared a detailed list of ideas for concept innovation that I believe that if nothing else, WILL bring new value to playing the witch doctor class. Intro: Concept of the Witch Doctor – A guerilla tactic specialist (Master of indirect damage/ conflict warfare aka a hindrance) As mentioned several times by the Development Team, The Witch Doctor was supposed to be a Bizarre and eccentric class carrying him/her in an unconventional manner, I would say that aesthetically they have done a bang on job, in terms of efficiency and effectiveness though; I find they still struggle here and many agree. The fact is there are just far too many restrictions that plague this class, from over the top cool downs to gluttonous manna costs and underwhelming abilities and trade-offs. Because of how blatantly underwhelming many of the moves and passives are for the Witch Doctor, players are shoe horned into using moves like poison dart (Splinter shot), as the primary method of doing damage and using spirit walk as a dedicated panic button. In all honesty within both the passives and skills there are a few that are redundant I believe that unless re-worked from the ground up should just be replaced, but I would like to share what I have come up with. So let’s take a look… Passives: The Idea behind a passive is to help flesh out, or guide a play style path. From my experience, the best role I would explain a passive should play is to provide a practical and RELEVANT reward for playing a certain way, or supplement a chosen preference. 1 .) Bad Medicine – Reduce damage from poisoned targets by 20% This move is horribly redundant due to the fact that Jungle fortitude exists already and is superior in every way even after patch 1.05 witch nerfs Jungle fortitude down to 15% from its 20% perch. This move is inferior because it only provides a marginal increase in damage reduction over fortitude but at the cost of funneling your damage type. If anything, why not eliminate bad medicine and combine it with Jungle fortitude to free a passive slot that can actually ADD more diversity to the class. If they do not want to keep them separate than the benefit for using Bad Medicine should be buffed considerably…outside of damage reduction. 2 .) Gruesome feast – Increase manna and intelligence by 10% per health globe stacking up to 5 times during the duration. This passive makes my eyes bleed with how much of a waste of time this is. With no PvP viability what so ever and pathetic boosts, why would you ever use this? If you want intelligence, get better gear or use soul harvest. And using soul harvest would most likely be a bad idea in a pvp any ways. Closing While I could talk about some of the other passives, I do not think they are anywhere near as fundamentally flawed or redundant as the previously mentioned 2. When moves start changing or bring reworked then the other passives can have their usefulness re-evaluated. Moves: Of course the bread and butter of the class or any class for that matter. Rather than review existing moves, I will go straight into talking about the changes I would like to see to flesh out the class. As a class Blizzard specifically stated that the Witch Doctor has 3 Sub-Styles; Pets, Spiritual and Physical. As I look around the only spirit move I ever see used consistently is…spirit Walk. Zombie dogs are useless piles of sin, gargantuan remains the only viable summon and physical moves are split between poison and fire damage primarily and there is no synergy with fire what so ever, even though the only internal support for poison within the class is Bad medicine… 1 .) Spirit Walk This is the witch doctors only escape move, not only does It have a manna cost but it has a 15 second cool down? It can even be disrupted by an enemy prematurely? If you compare this move to say the Demon Hunters smoke screen, this is a joke in every aspect unless, Blizzard does not intend for this class to be very mobile which is ok but even then, all the runes for this move are forgettable…at best, as they do next to nothing. My Idea is over hauling the move to something like this (Spirit State) -Instead of turning invulnerable for 2-3 seconds you turn in to an ethereal form, either for 10-30 seconds or it costs manna to maintain the form. -While in Spirit State, You receive a large damage reduction from physical and non-elemental damage between 35% to 65% and gain a tremendous boost to all spirit based moves like haunt and spirit barrage (that so desperately need it), possibly adding additional effects to spirit moves as well while in this state -Also, the passive “Rush Essence” could be eliminated and re-integrated into this mode allowing a player in spirit state to regain manna over 10 sends of casting spirit move potentially allowing a player to indefinitely maintain this state if it is maintained through a manna cost. (If the move is not going to have maintenance cost then it should have much higher damage reduction from the physical/non-elemental sources of damage.) *This would single headedly revitalize the spirit variant of the witch doctor acting as a platform for them *For the different runes 2 main ideas come to mind -A spirit state for the Physical realm which would have similar damage reduction and benefits/costs but, greatly enhance the potency of the physical realm moves, mainly the primary skills as well providing bonuses to Poison, Fire and Physical damage. 2 .) Zombie Dogs –summons 3 dogs that deal 9% weapon damage. -First, the demon hunter has a skill called companion and for each rune they have a different creature, instead of the same thing with a different color scheme. I am not going to complain about the skill but I do have a new perspective for the skill that would definitely do a lot more for the class than the current skill and runes does. I am not asking them to increase damage on the skill because we have more than enough ways to boost overall damage and given how low zombie dog damage is, it is clear that this skill was or IS not intended to kill anything in the higher difficulties. -I will talk more about this later on but, for now I will say that we should eliminate the entire Big Bad Voodoo skill and replace it with something else. What then? How about combine Big Bad Voodoo with zombie dogs! Instead of underwhelming traits like “50% of the damage dealt by Zombie dogs is split between you and the dogs” or “Deal 9% weapon damage as poison over 3 seconds to all enemies near the dogs.” How about take the Big Bad Voodoo rune slam dance (for 20 seconds gain 30% damage boost) and integrate it into a zombie dog rune to the effect of this : *Summon 3 Zombie dogs, each dog has an aura that buffs all nearby allies damage by 10% stacking up to a max of say 40% (all the other Big Bad Voodoo runes can be integrated similarly) -This would a great buff for the skill as it not only encourages the use of this skill but it gives players SIGNIFIGANTLY more build diversity. It encourages them to have the max number of zombie dogs present at any given time and in a PvP situation it gives the opponent a reason to kill them as your dogs would be providing an annoying benefit to FURTTHER your build as opposed to being a paper wall between you and the enemy. -Another example for the New Zombie dog rune could be rain dance. * Summon 3 Zombie dogs, each dog grants 10-15 manna per second. -This would allow for more gluttonous builds but, still will not break them due the vulnerability of the Zombie dogs. -For what it’s worth one particular aura I would like to see on Zombie dogs would be an aura the boosts movement speed of allies say by 3-5% per dog, possibly even combined with the slam dance version of Zombie dogs. *****Combination of Summoning version of Spirit state and Zombie dogs. ***** -As I mentioned earlier with my spirit state proposition, what would be awesome to further increase the potency of this buffed version of Zombie Dogs would be something like this *In Spirit State (summoning rune) Zombie dogs become Zombie Bears attached to a Witch doctor by either fire chains or poison chains (to prevent them from running too far due to their increased power) And deal 236% weapon damage (like the actual skill (which is fair because zombie bears as pets would attack slower than a player could cast the spell)) As bears, they would also having staying power more or less equivalent to the gargantuan further increasing the annoyance factor of their runes in a PvP setting. It would also be a nice aesthetic progression to display the boost in power. 3 .) Haunt – Sends out a spirit to haunt the target over a 12 second period -I already like the concept of this…and locust (bad dum…tsh!) but, I do not like how most of the runes are really not relevant to the witch doctor. The beauty of the skill is that it clings to the opponent for 12 seconds; I see this as an excellent opportunity set up and expand on a guerilla style of play and annoy or harass opponents. Here is how. -There should be a rune that stuns enemies for 0.5 to 1 second every 3 seconds; the purpose of this is not to lock down an opponent, but to disrupt them. It will reduce the effectiveness of many channeling skills and impair the fluidity of the opponent’s movements in pve and pvp. This is an excellent example of a harassment tool -The next new addition I would really like to see for haunt is an ability that siphons intelligence from an opponent per second up to a certain point then, adding it to the Witch Doctor, thus reducing the enemy’s resistance and possibly even damage. By design this should be followed up with either an additional effect or another move, say spirit barrage to inflict damage based on the intelligence difference between the two players. * This adds some amazing interactive and guerilla tactics to the mix. Players would have a strong incentive to use at least the 3 core spirit moves Spirit Walk (Spirit State), Haunt and Spirit Barrage. -Spirit state gives you a plethora of bonus to damage and survivability, haunt becomes a threat to have on you as it can either impact your response time (stun variant) or set up powerful damage windows with spirit barrage based on the difference in stats. Dealing bonus damage based on the difference in intelligence is further supported by the pvp use of soul harvest, keeping the move relevant. 4 .) Big Bad Voodoo -Long story short, none of these benefits are worth having a 120 second cool down. The wizards Archon has a 120 second cool down, why should a move that gives me a 50% chance to make zombie dogs have a 120 second cool down? I would redesign the whole skill to fit a more “voodoo centric guerilla style of play where the purpose of Voodoo is to set up restrictions on your opponent rather than buffing the witch doctor. Here are some examples: *like the move storm chaser for the wizard class, all the voodoo moves allow you to gain charges on hits up to max 3. From there you can cast your Voodoo spells -Voodoo doll: by using all your charges you create grotesque doll/scarecrow for 5 seconds that when attacked by either player inflicts 50% damage to all opponents within a large aoe on the map. *this gives a great way to amplify damage against groups because you can potentially hit the enemy and the doll with the same aoe attack; it also pressures your opponent away from the area in a pvp setting. They won’t even try to attack you because their own attack may hit the doll which would damage them. -Curse: fire an aoe projectile that on hit will reduce the Life of the Witch Doctor to 25% afflicting the opponent with a severe version of Haunt that deals 30% of opponents max life every 3 seconds for 9 seconds *I really like this move because unlike any other move currently, this move forces enemies to come to you. Your health is reduced drastically before your opponent starts to feel the pain giving them a health advantage against you but unless they can constantly heal or kill you before the 9th second, they are in worse shape than you. An amazing pressure scenario would be to use this while under spirit state, making your defenses significantly higher and booting your move potency while your opponents struggles to take that last 25% from you. -Dead Zone: Create a large aoe around the Witchdoctor that moves with him for 8 seconds and all enemies within the aoe cannot regain life or regenerate resources *This is a very guerilla like tactic and proves that you do not need to do crazy point click damage to be effective. This could single handedly give you the opening you need to finish off a wounded opponent or someone who aggressively relies on life steal or life on hit. Conclusion These are the main changes I would like to see implemented in the class, for reasons already listed above. I would like to hear feedback from as much people as possible on the hopes that anything I mentioned here is implemented in one way or another.Nemean17 Mar 8, 2013