Witch Doctor

Jan 25, 2013 high vital open so zuni vision 290 int 158 vital 10% life 138 max mana open socket 158vital, +27% life on a set item (with gem) taking offers can add me eva#1608Eva0 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 I have turned into a freeze wd. After seeing blackjack profile and added him, i decide to make me a freeze wd for the fun of it. And its quite fun actually as i k do mp8 currently freezing all the mobs and elites and get my key. Now i just have to further upgrade myself for more dps.Evolutionese21 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 Change Witch Doctor mana/cooldown on kill I posted this on the PTR feedback. If you feel the mana on kill is an issue like I do please post there and see if we can get something fixed in 1.0.7 if at all possible. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709232317Shockwave3 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 Need some MP10 WD's advice. Hi guys. Trying to get to the point where I can solo MP10 effectively. My currently situation is: I farm MP7/8 for keys, and MP8,9,10 for ubers. I'm at 200k DPS, 50k Health, 4100 Armor and about 630 Resists. My current setup is: Bears, Widowmakers (mana), Horrify (swap out for Hex versus Ubers), Soul Harvest, Spirit Walk, Gargantuan Passives: BR/VQ/SV Using a 2h with only 6 PUR, 5.7% LS. I've been looking for the following gear for the past couple of weeks, but haven't found anything in my price range: Zuni Boots w/ AR (60+) , Int (175+), and Armor Vile Ward w/ 205+ Int, 75+ Vit and Life % 10+ Thanks in advance guys.Uniden321 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 poll for effective high mp wd's, mp8+ please read thread through before making a statement as i dont want an arguement thread if possible. i only want to gather info to give our brothers a fighting chance!!!!! if bothered or annoyed or want to address an issue not dicussed by this thread please contact me on my account and leave the rest of our brethren out of an arguement(my contact info below). we are going to try to keep this totaly constructive. i will address any issues that you deem important and inform all with concerned statements. So to figured, on average what do high mp wd's use for gear and what priority stats are for them. i'd like to take a poll to give me and others an idea of what gear, passives, skills, or anything else that may be a factor in surviving and executing high mp runs would be a good guide to what works. this is a thread for PvE. i understand a wd cant just be judged on it's affectiveness on high mp's or PvP but the data would be too random to take both into account. if i can get someone to do a poll on low mp farming/exp/etc i will update averages on both. if you have the time and can effectively do mp8+(solo preferably), i and i'm sure others would love to see the results of this poll. if you wish to participate just answer the following and the wd community can potentialy benifit from the results. thanks ahead of time!!!!! #1- build? ie(zero dog, bears, acid cloud, proctor, crowd control, thorns, etc (if different or a combo just add them together with a short description) #2- 1 hand or 2 hand #3- full zuni set or not (specify which was used if not full set) #4- weapon type(spear, axe, sword, etc)+ attack speed #5- other set ie(not zuni) + list bonus #6- attack speed total #7- crit chance total #8- crit damage total #9- mana regen total #10- vitality total #11- armor total #12- all resist(lowest and highest) #13- life steal(ls) or life on hit(loh) and amount #14- passives(abbreviate if you want) #15- skills(abbreviate if you want) #16- dps i will display results as often as i can and in as much detail as possible and hopefully we can get some constructive info from the efforts of all the brothers in our community. if you participated thank you very much and our wd community thanks you. if you disagree with this poll for a reason or another please let me know online so we keep this constructive for everyone and not an argument thread. hardcopy#1738 or Optimusirish@gmail.com. i will post results once daily and hopefully we come out strong and proud from the odd man out in 1.0 to total beast in 1.7 and on into the future. P.S. i've got 100,000,000 to give out as a prize to one of those that have helped out with the wd community. at the end of feb 2013, we will give this prize to the person that has benifited our community the most by way of a vote. please do not vote on this thread, it will be announced. be proud wd's, since 1.0, wd for lifeHardCopy11 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 Skorn, Zombie bear WD. Unsure what to upgrade As the title says I've been running Acid cloud / zombie bears on mp0/1 and I'm loving it after spin to win on my barb that got boring. However I'm not quiet sure which item slot to upgrade next for my biggest boost in dmg / survivabilty if I wanted to up the MP. Any help from some more experienced WD's would be greatly appreciated. I'm only using the Str lacunis cause I had them from my barb, and wanted the run speed since I had enough dps to 1 shot things on mp0 already, and they still had some vit. I only have about 18M on hand, but saving up isn't an issueCriptos11 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 my dh for your WD (anyone interested?) DH is in my profile, nice mix of dps and survivability. just looking to try out the only class i havent played yet. ill be on all night if anyone cares to add me and discuss!doughb1zzle11 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Looking for all the top WD players for duels Test some specs, do some duels, dance a little. add me on PTR.MannerCookie2 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Grin Reaper sells for 350 mil Though I can't provide proof, I've been watching the Grin Reaper market for a little bit... usually flipping some of the cheaper items and get a mil or so gold. But what intrigued me the most were the ludicrous prices of GR's with socket/crit. A 3% crit with socket GR had a bid of 350mil a few days ago. WOW. I never watched it end, but I am assuming no one else bid on it.Wootytooty10 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Need Advice on what to buy. Please take a look at my WD and let me know what the first item I should buy? I am a casual player (maybe 3-4 hrs. a WEEK) and only have 1.2 Million gold. My goal is to farm MP0 solo for now so I don't need the most godly gear, average gear is FINE. I just need advice on what to be looking for in terms of attributes. I plan on just collecting gold slowly and buying a single average piece of equipment until I am able to self sufficiently farm MP0. Then I will consider hunting for godly gear, until then my motto is slow and steady wins the race... Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!WickedWali1 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 100 MIL budget looking for upgrades ^^^^^^^^ If anyone has time when they see this post can you let me know what I should procure from the AH?Xennon3511 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Help with upgrades/item strategy http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/philososloth-1810/hero/30008390 I have been playing only for about a month, and the most gold I've ever had at once was about 3mil. Basically I've just been going for pure damage, mana, and mana regen, in hopes that I can kill things before they kill me. Is this the best approach? And which pieces/stats do you think I should upgrade next? Thanks!philososloth1 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Stat values for 0dog How do you value dps stats for 0dog? crit vs ias vs int. i have a hard time knowing which is best. would you ever take 1 ias for 1 crit % even though crit always gives more sheet dps.Scherzo4 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 What effect does IAS have on haunt? Just curious, does it have any effect? What about spirit barrage-Manitou?Kefka2 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 String of Ears is Amazing for PVP 20% reduction in melee damage is really OP if you already have high Armor + all res + vit. Add Jungle fortitude and its GG. I sent a 200K barb and a 200k Monk back the to the RMAH last night.Pillz0 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 retired wd need advice for paragon lvling As title above, im hype on the upcoming pvp stuff and decide to level my wd to paragon 100. currently at 64. this is link to my char: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sodox-1550/hero/9135274 basically i do mp1-2 with bear+firebomb build on alkaizer route. currently using manajuma set/zuni with hellfire and signet. i do about 60m xp in 1 hour. just wondering if i should find a decent ToTd and use cain set+acid rain on mp0 is better for paragon xp?sodox6 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Inexperienced WD looking for some guidance I'm currently farming for keys and I'm unsure as to what to do with my money. What are some of the most urgent upgrades I need to get? My budget's limited to a few millions at the moment and I can't seem to find any significant improvement within that range. Keep in mind I'll be replacing my terrible rare ring with whatever Hellfire I roll.Baern5 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Help me tweak/upgrade my WD Avoid my atrocious barbarian, i know he is way out of it, and please help me upgrade my WD. I can easily 1 shot all of MP0 with acid rain, and my build is a typical one. I like it so i dont think that it needs twinking. I was thinking either my weapon, ring, or shoulders. I cant afford witching hour right now, i already know thats the only belt for me. I like the THING OF THE DEEP because of the farming ability with the +20 Radius. What should i focus on upgrading next??limp69er7 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Fast Leveling Spec - NM? I just started act 1 NM and can't seem to pick a spec with good synergy to level fast. I typicality do not play casting classes so any advice would be great. Stat priority, specs, and rotations would be a great help. Thank you!RandomGuyX6 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Can You Exploit Last Breath? Is it possible to swap to a Last Breath just to cast MC and then swap back to your normal weapon and retain the cooldown reduction? I've never had a last breath so I haven't tested it, but that could be pretty handy, especially with a macro (not that I condone such things).MikeHoncho3 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Fire Witch Doctor, REVISTED Hi guys I am currently looking at re-building my fire witch doctor as I am trying to play at higher MP levels and bears are getting me to close for comfort. My main and hopefully only damage spell would be dire bats. I am confident I can get it to spam-able with minor changes in gear and passives(IE mana reduc and mana regen). I am wondering what people think would go well with this build? Fire tal-Rasha ammy? I have zuni boots but they are poison and would possibly ditch zuni all together for this build. Thoughts? Comments?Rattleshirt15 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 So I took out the "#1 barb" Now his barb posse is mad http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708812118?page=3#53 Go fuel his rage and support us witch drs! His anger pleases me! Lets put these pve barbs in their place an let them know pvp is our spot!Tigz4 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Need some tweaking So, I have seen WD's with similar or slightly better gear pulling higher dps and soloing higher MP levels than I can. I am also just coming back from a couple months break. I think I may have missed a few nerfs/buffs somewhere. How am i sitting and how can I improve?FourZeroFour2 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 you say YOLO I say YOLT so for those noob barbs and monks in pvp that dont know how to manage their cd's and resources and leave the game every round to reset every thing... just give em a taste of their own medicine and make sure you leave the game to reset your spirit vessel every time it procs You only live twice !@#$%ChuckNorris17 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 question! an important one at that! anyone know if a cold soj..the slow from the cold part procs off of spiders?Tigz4 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 ZD/Sacrifice and Fetish Army/Passive Synergy While I was playing around with Sacrifice, Zombie Dogs, and Circle of Life I noticed that regardless what kind of dogs I used or if I soley used Circle of Life the result was the same. Sacrifice has the potential from some really cool synergy that it never takes advantage of especially since you have to use another skill or passive to even use it. What if Sacrifice's explosion was altered by the type of Zombie Dog being Sacrificed. Example below Sacrifice + Zombie Dogs Rabid Dogs - leave behind a poison cloud Final Gift - expand explosion radius Life Link - leave behind aura that provides reduction in damage Burning Dogs - ignites enemies in blast radius for DOT Leeching Beasts - heal allies/pets in blast radius This could lead to some interesting use of Zombie Dog + Sacrifice combos and synergize the skills together in a unique way that no other class does. Sidenote: Also I think it would be cool if I could blow up my Fetish Sychophants... Speaking of which, I've noticed and read that the lack of synergy between Fetish Sychophants and Fetish Army is counterproductive currently. When I cast my Fetish Army I watch as all my Fetish Sychophants fall dead to the ground. Add in a very short duration and a very long cooldown and Fetish Army is already not as appealing as other skills. This got me to thinking if maybe there was a way to really accentuate how these skills work together. Example below First lets work on the duration. 20 seconds for a 90/120 sec cooldown is a lot of downtime between casts. My first proposal is, when Army Fetish is cast the base duration of 20 sec is increase by 1 or 2 seconds for every Fetish Sychophant sacrificed, giving us a small bonus for using both abilitys. My second proposal, similarly to the one above is that based on your ruin for Fetish Army your Fetish Sychophants will behave slightly different. Fetish Sychophants + Fetish Army Fetish Ambush - increase Fetish Sychophants damage to 25% Devoted Following - increase Fetish Army duration by 2 or 3 seconds for each Fetish Sychopant sacrificed Legion of Daggers - increase summoning chance to 6% Tiki Torchers - 1% chance to summon Tiki Torcher Head Hunters - 1% chance to summon Head Hunter This would really justify the use of this build and give us some really cool synergy between skills/passives What do you think?Muertdogg0 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Life Per second Questions/Mechanics I have a question I seem to not be able to find data on. What is the life per second bonus a witch doctor gets? I seem to have a bonus of roughly 1/2, well a tad less per point I put into vitality. If I add 100 vitality I gain somewhere in the 40's to life per second regeneration on my diablo character screen details. So when I look at my details I have 1180 life per second and I only have equiped a vile ward worth 252. When I watch the regeneration numbers I see an average of 590 and 708 regenerating back. The 590 is 1/2 the value shown on my details screen, etc. What I am confused on is: Whats the buff the witch doctor gets from + to vitality in "Life Per Second" and how does it apply in actual numbers. I am only gaining on average 1/2 the value per second shown on my details screen so the detail screen is somewhat misleading? Note if I add more Life per second gears its shows gains of 1/2 of what my detail screen is showing so I was just curious what the benefit of vitality does?Gotcha2 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 Where to go next So after leveling my WD, I decided to stick with him as my primary class. I went all in and sold my WW Barb Gear, DH Gear, and bought some decent stuff. My AR I think is pretty nice, but Im still under 40k health, and only at 108k dps. Should I just go with a primary goal of updating the dps on my weapon or are there some other pieces I should look to get?TBomb993 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 100 M budget for high DPS Hey, Im looking for some high DPS gear peices, I would love to run a bears build if theres a way I can have alot of mana regen + DPS, is Acid Cloud more efficient then Bears for DPS? I have 100 Million gold budget (I can go slightly over). If any1 can gimme a quick gear set that would allow me to do over 60-70k DPS unbuffed (if thats possible) and tell me if I should go Acid Cloud or Bears. Thx guys.SmOkeDOut16 Jan 24, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Mass confusion + grave injustice Is an amazing combo! Since switch out acid cloud/big bad voodoo for mass confusion ive been dying a LOT less. The 60 second cool down on mss confusion blows, but with grave injustice you will have it available often, for every elite pack. I melt most of them down before effects wear off usually. Underrated skillOjSimpson7 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Help with my Gear PLS! Can someone pls help me with my gear? I'm at my wits end trying to figure out how to get more DPS out of the character. Link to my Character http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bartness-1430/hero/26997202Bartness5 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 New WD, how to deal with RD? I just finished leveling my WD and buying some pretty basic gear for her. I did a few alkaizer runs on MP0 and it went pretty smooth, I'm liking this acid rain build. I did have one big problem, though: elites with RD would just eat my lunch. After looking at some guides to this build nothing was ever mentioned about life on hit or life steal, but I really can't do much after I use spirit walk. Are you supposed to have some life on hit/life steal for this build? I'm not looking to do anything more than run MP0/MP1 but I currently just have to skip RD packs.bigtexasdan4 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Need help gearing my witch doctor Started playing this game again like 5 days ago and could use some help upgrading my gear even more... I have a 22million budget right now http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlphaOmega-1331/hero/35709 I am open to build criticism aswell. Thanks in advanceAlphaOmega10 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 New Wd, build suggestions? I just hit 60 on my witch doctor, and for a long period of time now, I've been looking up builds for them. It seems that acid rain and zombie bears appear to be the most used offensive skills, (bears being more for ubers while rain is more for farming.) But then I see things like sacrifice, with summon zombie dogs or maybe the passive that summons zombie dogs, or gargantuan, etc, etc, etc. Is it that witch doctors are very versatile and you can customize it how you will, or is there a method to the madness? My question comes down to what skills to use with what passives and why? you don't have to explain it out, you could just say look at my build and I could probably figure it out, but if you would like to explain, please feel free. Thank you for the help :)S1zzlefizzle0 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Anyone else think Pets need a buff? I think pets should have some part of our LOH or lifesteal that we have for themselves at the very least. I can kill MP5 Azmo with some kiting and help from pets but the second those pools come up azmo murders them.Santaeid0 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 I Hate the Monster Affix - Extra Health Gimme a break! On MP8 that affix just sucks rocks. Now that I have RD licked with a proc doctor build, it seems like every other elite group has extra health now. Blah! If I have to fight monsters with MP10 health then I should get something for it. Leave RD alone and nerf extra health! Who's with me?skywalkerfx6 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 My WD sucks pls help! What should i get to have more dps or anything helpful for that matter? I can't play any MP higher than 4, it's kinda sad. What upgrade and build do you recommend?Lightster10 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Zombie Handler "You can have 4 Zombie Dogs summoned at one time. The health of your Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan you and your pets is increased by 20%."Anodyne3 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Undeath + Rest in Pieces is Bugged Hey so i've been running an Undeath + Circle of Life + Sacrifice build and it works really well for rapid farming on low-MP. So I got a weapon upgrade (it's a Sever) and it has the "Rest in Pieces" attribute. I immediately noticed that the "Rest in Pieces" affix completely breaks the Undeath rune. Rest in Pieces causes your killing blows to appear as 600k+ crits, instead of whatever damage they were supposed to be. It seems like this affix completely prevents the Undeath rune, which normally causes your Zombie Chargers to resurrect and keep charging (massively increasing its efficacy against weak monsters).Palliation7 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 What's the best I could do right now? So, first off, here's my gear --> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TCowboy-1762/hero/129509 I have been farming mp1 using the alkaizer method until now. My question is: I am on the right path? What should I be doing with my actual gear? What should I be aiming for? Should I do higher MPs? My final objective is to be able to gear myself for 0dogs, for that I need money, and for money I need farming (I guess). Ignore the build, it can be modified. I guess the weapon could be sold to get a 1handed+mojo. Help me please. I would appreciate it so much.TCowboy3 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 i drop the best pvp wd ring ever!! i just drop that soj: 5% holy dmg 107 max mana 30% to elite 9% to haunt dmg dont know what to do with it since i got bored in 15 min dueling...Hmongster0 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Which better 0 dog, Manajuma or Echoing Fury? Title says it all, I'm almost to where I need to be for my 0 dog spec but not sure which 1h I'd be better off with. I'm comparing these two weapons (roughly) Manajuma with 995.6 dps, 186 int, 68% CD, 2.8% LS, and socket. (1.4 attack/sec) Echoing Fury with 1023.5 DPS, 165 int, 2.9% LS, socket, +.22 attacks/sec (1.42 attack/sec) A lot of the manajuma is poision damage while the echoing fury is all black damage. no idea which one will be better off and would really like some help before I spend this kind of gold. When I remove my current weapon the manajuma shows +41,644.8 dmg +.2% prot, the EF shows +40,181.4 dmg, +.2% prot. Not sure if these are valid indicators of how much dmg I will do once in the spec. TY! EDIT: BTW, an EF that costs a lot less, with more base dps and no CD/socket indicates +50k dmg, obviously a somewhat invalid comparison since I can't socket the gear on the AH.SilentMike6911 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Average Damage VS Crit chance which is better? average damage or crit chance in my ring/amulet?Kalokuh6 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 TOP TIER WD WELCOMING CHALLENGERS http://www.twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1302 ALL CHALLENGERS WELCOME >> SPECIAL REFEREE >> ZUNI BARBTheZuniBarb1 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 LS and LOH in PVP For WD's So i was looking to buy a few items for pvp and i thought to myself, is LS and LOH even important for WD's in PVP? I see no reason for it because if you kill the other people and still survive you can regenerate life / use ghost walk( certain rune) / go to town healer. Can anyone tell me if i am missing something?Mèšší1 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Helping a kinda new WD http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Blissed-1934/hero/30521778 Can anyone tell me what i need to get a higher dps. I just got it to lvl 60 but i dont know what to get. It would also be nice if you can give me items but dont need to of course but would be nice. All the help would be nice TY :DBlissed4 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Best way to get more mana? Ok I played a WD to 60 and now I really haven't tinkered around with this much. But what is the best way to regen mana or how much is needed to never run out?AxeLord6 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 place DPS on the back burner for a moment Ive read many threads about DPS on zombie bear builds but havent read anything about how to increase your survivalability. right now I cant afford the witching hour or a tals ammy but while im looking.... what kind of stats are best for an in your face zombie bear WD? I have plenty of dps and as usual im a glass cannon. if i stop spamming bears and life stops flowing in im a dead min. even with spirit walk. check my gear out. im looking to maintain my current DPS or grow it. but more important id like to not be a 3-5 Hit KO now that my DPS is so high. what stats can i adjust and what not. p.s. and when i say i have plenty of dps (78k+ buffed. critting over 570k) i know im not even over 100k dps. but im only soloing Mp5 right now. and doing ok. id like to move up to Mp6 or 7(but 7 is a stretch with my budget)Avitos17 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Help me upgrade my WD. I have 66 mill to spend on my WD. I am attached to my boots, my SOJ, my strongarms, and my Vile Wards. Everything else I am willing to upgarde (may sell Tal Rasha for an Ammy with CHC on it since mine is only at 27%) and I want the Zuni set for the bonus (a zuni with CHC is out fo my budget too much T_T). I want to be able to fight in MP5-6 with relative ease and plan to play with my brothers who are geared quite well. (hope to be able to do MP10 with that budget but I doubt it since I read that Panzer build) If you have items or can give me some advice let me know.Santaeid5 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 I tried. But Well of Souls doesn't cut it. I've tried using Well of Souls as a bears replacement, but it just won't work. It takes several times longer to kill stuff. Have most of you guys also resigned yourself to the fact that in order to play high MP, you must use bears or zero dog?ThreeWishes8 Jan 22, 2013