Witch Doctor

Jan 12, 2013 Need Advice Im sure its a long list but why does my WD gets tossed around at times in mp3/mp4? Seems like i get hit like a truck and dont do enough damage. From what i have read i am missing rit Chance and Crit Damage but it feels like im missing alot more. Any tips on improving gear or build will go a long way. Thanks in advance for the help.JJCredible2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 What is my next step of improvement I just reach 100K unbuff dps, and what is my next area of improvement? I only have 10mil at AH at this moment. Thanks!!KitBoy3 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 Unsure on where to go from here! Where should I go next? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Burgatron-1145/hero/859981 I'm looking for survivability and high mana regen/reduced bears. I am aiming to grab the following: Zuni SoS with Intel/Vita/CC/High Mana Regen/10+ reduction Zbears SOJ 25+elite/9+ reduction Zbears New amulet....now this is something I can't wrap my head around, I want high vitality to get a massive boost with my current high life % bonus, I just have no idea where to go from here, CC/CD/Int/Vita/@res(Seems I'm lacking there) Witching Hour: 8as/40+cd/100+intel/100+vita I want to keep with the 8as as I don't want too much as it can be problematic later for higher spamming of bears. Thoughts? My goals are to have: -20 mana cost to bears 80k+ Life 130k DPS + 30%+DMG To elites I'm unsure which would be more viable: Vision Quest with Widowmakers or Widowmakers with Spirtual AttunementBurgatron2 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 WD 1.0.6 Complete guide by Projax Hello everybody this is Projax and this is my updated guide for patch 1.0.6 with 3 main section MP1-3 , 4-6, 7-10. Every section allow us to use different builds, because we have alot of great passives to create realy nice synergy of our spells. I did alot of testing there and you can see Ive made alot of videos to actualy show you how I do it and how you should propably play the spec. If u are new wd you should stick with mp0-mp3 atleast until you get 100k dps unbuffed. There is also a budget wd guide (10mil budget) on my youtube channel so you can check it out if you want to reroll. MP0-MP3 This difficulty is like "the entrance" to diablo - Its mainly for new players, but at this point of time - its the most effective difficulty range for farming (xp/legendary). The reasons are clear - our most op passive skills are based on fast killing and thats why we farm low mps. In videos bellow you can see it yourself. because you kill more mobs in less time then let say in MP6 you will get better chances to get legendary. Because mf scaling is constant but hp scaling is increasing by each mp level. Build: Acid Armageddon link to the build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aRXdUV!YZT!YaZcab Complete video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RtalQlCWk Build explanation: Build is based on 1 mandatory stat - its Pick-up radius. This stat can be easily obtained just by having thing of the deep which is prety cheap. Pick-up raidus affect all our passives in the build - Grave injustice, gruesome feast and circle of life Gruesome feast - every globe we pick will give us 10% mana and increase our intelligence by 10% for 10sec (stack up 5 times) Grave injustice - every enemy that die within raidus will gives us 2% mana and life + reduce our cds by 1sec. Circle of life - every enemy that die within radius has 30% chance to sumon zombie dog Point in this build is fast kill fast move. You should be able to oneshot or two shot every white mob in the game. If u are not then go for lower mp. Then there is ability called sacrifice (pride run) which will sacrifice the dogs (deal huge amount of dmg) and refill our mana. so that is the spell that is used to gain mana back. Its also great dps output for elites. Flaming darts are strong single target spell to snipe elites or bigger mobs with more hp. Spirit walk and Horify are spells just to increase our movement speed to make farming more efficient. Soul harvest is also great output for elites + dps boost cause it increased our intelligence aswell. Here is video how it works in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDvglwd9FCI MP4-MP6 This is "middle" when you can decide to stick with acid rain spec or go and get some bears to pwn demons. Here you will learn that our best passives dies in these difficulties and you have to find something else. With extremely great gear you can play Acid armagedon on mp4 but as soon as you hit mp5+ you should swap Acid rain with Zombie bears. So i post 2 build and you can choose yourself what you would like to play and keep in mind that you can improve the builds as you like. Build 1 Build: the Acid king. link to the build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aRYdUT!aTY!YaccaZ note: this build is one of my old that prove its worth in mp4-mp5 during key farms but later it was succeded by SpiderBear build Build Explanation: This build is similar to Acid armageddon but its more focused on survival and pets to tank your enemies. Gargantuan do extreamely great dmg, but in general you will lack mana because you dont have sacrifice. But ofc you can upgrade your build and replace summon zombie dogs with sacrifice and then go for Circle of life instead of Jungle fortitude video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cadWBWLWD4s Build 2 Build: SpiderBears Link to the build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfYdjU!TcU!bcbcYa note: This build is main build for MP7-10 but works greatly in mp4-6 aswell. Its propably the most known build by players. Build Explanation: This build is based on Vision quest and Corpse spiders(widowmakers) which gives you mana regen that you need for spaming zombie bears. As you propably know Zombie bears are propably our greatest dps ability but its manacost is realy high and thats why we use VQ and Blood ritual*. Paranoia is our only CC ability which also increase our dmg output by 20% for 12second. It should be used as soon as you engage combat with elite pack. You can even use it to break fire chains. Spirit walk and Zombie dogs are our "def" abilies to actualy be able to play more offensive. Dogs tanks and spirit walk allow us to "stay in frozen" or "molten" If you have mana issues you can swap SW-jaunt rune with honored guest. video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ffJg49jT4 MP7-MP10 For this secion Ive made 2 builds. One is introduces above but if you skipped that ill post that again. The other one is made by myself and its not so know and its not that great for farming but its extremely great for long boss fights (uber bossed etc.) Build 1 Build: SpiderBears Link to the build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfYdjU!TcU!bcbcYa note: This build is main build for MP7-10 but works greatly in mp4-6 aswell. Its propably the most known build by players. Build Explanation: This build is based on Vision quest and Corpse spiders(widowmakers) which gives you mana regen that you need for spaming zombie bears. As you propably know Zombie bears are propably our greatest dps ability but its manacost is realy high and thats why we use VQ and Blood ritual*. Paranoia is our only CC ability which also increase our dmg output by 20% for 12second. It should be used as soon as you engage combat with elite pack. You can even use it to break fire chains. Spirit walk and Zombie dogs are our "def" abilies to actualy be able to play more offensive. Dogs tanks and spirit walk allow us to "stay in frozen" or "molten" If you have mana issues you can swap SW-jaunt rune with honored guest. video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ffJg49jT4 Build 2 Build: SpiritBomb Link to the build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gRXQUT!caf!acYbaZ note: this build is great for long term fights like uber bosses, no that great for farming. Build explanation: Build is based on 2 mana regen passives that will allow us to spam spirit barage to gain insane mana regen and then cast acid bomb to cleave some bosses and aoe ads. It also contains gargantuan to offtank and also to deal high amount of dmg. Horrify with armor rune is there to be able to ignore some of high dmg stuff to be able to deal more dmg - very usefull on higher mps to actualy avoid enrage timers. Big bad voodoo is great party cd that should be used carefully on place where you can stay with your party for atleast 20sec. It will dramaticly improve your party dps and can be used up to 5 times on every encounter. Spirit walk is another cd to avoid some of deadly abilies. If your ressistance are more then 750 you can swap jungle fortitude for Tribal rites video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ZSDf6cjLY GEARING: So bellow this section ill post my budget guide. But lets get started out there. Its basicaly same for all 3 "diff" sections. The main dps stat for us is intelligence , Crit chance and crit hit dmg. Optimal ration between Cchance and Cdmg is 1:10 (f.e. 40crit and 400 crit hit dmg). Once you reach that value (40cc and 400cdmg) you should aim for IAS. Allress and Lifesteal is our def stats. You have to get alteast 2% lifesteal if you want to have no problem with any pack in game. Because reflect dmg is real pain in the !@# (ofc on low mp you can avoid it throu spirit walk but for higher mp its a must have stat) About allress - you should aim for about 400allress (+-450 phys ress) to actualy be able to beat mp10. its the minimum range. If you are begginer you should aim for 600+ if you just cant avoid stuff that easily. here is budget guide AH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGa5t3HLPfQ Actual Run mp0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZT1-iTE1NQ note: ive made 10 mil budget wd and i was able to keep more then 50 mil xp/hour. THE END Thank you for reading my guide I hope it was helpful and now you know what would you like to play and how. If u have any interesting build suggestion leave me coment or write me ingame. And share this guide to the world to make the wd comunity to grow PS: If u want to support me or be in touch with new build etc just go to my youtube channel and subscribe to it Everyweek 1-2 videos.Projax11 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 witch doctor help I have recent playing a no cooldown dog build but alway end up dieding at mp 5 need advice thanksjustinkhoo1 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Free weapons... Int rolled Echoing Fury, and no socket Manajuma. Not good enough to sell, too good to melt. Free to good home. Hit us up in game.manvan2 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 witch doctor help I have recent playing a no cooldown dog build but alway end up dieding at mp 5 need advice thanksjustinkhoo3 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Need advice Hello fellow witch doctor. I came back to diablo a few weeks ago, and been having a blast with a zombie bears, gruesome feast/grave injustice build. and for that i arranged a Thing of the Deep with the following stats: +71-352 Damage +152 Int +113 max mana 10 mana regen per second +crit chance by 8.5% 20 yard pickup radius and a socket. And in the main hand i was using a crappy Devil tongue: 878 Dps +185-555 fire damage +49% damage 241 Int 49 Vit 2.20% lifesteal socket. But today i picked up a 2-handed Skorn with 1332 Dps: +Min damage 314 +Max damage 233 +42% damage +304 Int +Critical Damage 157% 95.7% chance of inflicting bleed for 5864-7725 Damage Socket So my question is, what should i use?i have around 54k dps with the thing of the deep and the devil tongue. And 75k dps with the skorn.I crit waaay much more damage with the 2 handed, but its kinda slow and has no lifesteal.should i change my build and stick with the skorn?what do you suggest? Thank you all in advance and sorry for any errors!Juom0 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 WD Looking For Some Help I've been trying to upgrade myself to be able to run the higher MP levels. However, I've seen to run into a few problems that I could use the help of this noble forum. 1. Reflect Damage - how do you deal with it? Right now RD crushes me 2. Upgrades - I'm poor as hell and everything (minus the amulet) i have is self found. What do I need to upgrade to progress to the higher levels. 3. Skills - the current set I have is nice in that I have a lot of mana regen (130) and large mana pool. Is this the best combo? I feel like i need to use Spirit vessel but can't decide on which passive to replace profile link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Momentum-1663/hero/28318782 Keep in mind i only have 6M total, but I'd still like to hear what items should be on my priority list to upgrade first so I have something to save for. ThanksMomentum3 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Witch Doctor HELP!! So iv been looking through a lot of WD guides and I cant seem to understand what I really need for equipment. I can have high Vitality and medium Intel but that gets me no where. I can try high intel and low vitality, works a little better but still I cant help but think i'm doing something wrong, here's my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Epicbatboy-1154/hero/30219778 I know I need better equipment but what kind of stats do I need for my stuffEpicbatboy7 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Not another ...... Anyone else notice they find the same crappy legendary over and over? I think I've found like 9 hellrack crossbows since 1.05 was released! If so, which Legendary plagues you?Moby19 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Need help gearing for higher MPs Hello everyone, Last couple of weeks I've started playing on my WD, I really love the class. I managed to pick up some pretty oke gear I think. Though in higher MP's (5 and up) I have trouble against reflect damage. I've thought about picking up a LS skorn but they are expensive and I would loose Zunimassi set bonus. I'm thinking I should get some loh but unsure what, maybe decent blackthorne pants? In short I would appreciate everyone's thoughts on what to do. My WD: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JuicedG-2268/hero/972780 Thanks.JuicedG2 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Getting more move speed and dps--Help please! Hey folks, recently I've been upgrading my WD (my alt). So far I've probably spent around ~15-20 mil on him and I'm liking where he's at. I like having a big pickup radius for the passives and the gold/hg pickup--it really makes farming easier, but it doesn't 'really' need to be 34, but I like it. What could I do to get an extra 12% movement speed without nerfing myself too much and without breaking the bank. I've looked into lacunis and Inna's pants, but good versions of those are just too pricy for what I'm willing to spend. And, also, in your opinion what could I do to boost my damage further without dropping too much vit/AR? Thanks in advance.Amiar1 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Share one 'skill' setup you have learned Wasn't sure how to title this thread. Witchdoctors have a lot of tricks up their sleeves, and thought we could share ideas on specs, and briefly explain how it's useful. I am not the greatest at theorycrafting, and would love to learn what others have discovered. Here is an example of what I mean: Soul Harvest (Vengeful Spirit) + Grave Injustice passive This is useful for low MP. Soul Harvest with vengeful spirit can 1 shot large groups of mobs, and with grave injustice you will constantly reset the cooldown on Soul Harvest. In some areas, you can run around from group to group 1 shotting them.Zero20 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Need wd for key runs We are doing mp10 so be geared:)Aldozer3 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Finally reached that point... Where upgrades seem totally impossible. Haha. Probably my weakest link is the lacunis, but it seems so expensive for such a small upgrade. (hopefully my profile is updated...) I just wanted to thank my fellow WD community. We have the best forum here, with some of the best discussions about gear/builds. I love the class to bits. :D It's funny. My luck for months in this game had been horrid. I have been playing the game since day 1 and up until the end of November I had 3 legend drops. I ended up resorting to spending $35 cash at the rmah to start farming.. A little more than a month ago I was struggling to break past 65k dps. Then, like 3 weeks ago I got a lucky drop, and jumped to 122k with a few upgrades (and also went from 500 ra to 700). The past few days have been extra lucky. Made about 200m in drops, which bought me the cc tal ammy and zuni ring. I'm like 100 dps away from 144k, and that's with my absolutely horrid hellfire ring on. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm gloating. I'm just surprised and proud of how far I've come! I'm thinking of selling everything else I find now through the RMAH to pay back my initial investment into the game now.I guess now I get to look forward to the lvl 80-100 grind!Windgrace27 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Next Upgrade Yeah thats right, another one of these. I've been stuck around the 150k range and I have no idea what to upgrade next maybe get some vit on my glove. idk. P.S. I'm broke as hell but whateverSeraph10831 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Upgrade Path I just hit 60 and geared up with a small budget. And I wanted to get some advice for what to shoot for as I get more money. I've been looking through the forums and haven't really seen a gear guide other than Projax's(which I followed), but his is more for getting started. Thanks for any advice or tips http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nimusho-1960/hero/6926841Nimusho1 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 gem trades hey all, looking to trade my topaz for some emerald or rubies if anyone is keen? from 300 flawless square all the way up to star's. leme know!changes0 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Butcher's Sickle is fun I was just wondering not many WDs use Butcher's Sickle. I think it's really fun with hex jinx. Turn enemies into pigs and drag them when I'm using my bears. Wats more is that fast moving monsters and gobs too. The free stun is also amazing. Would love to do a high mp run with 4wds with hex and sickle, It would be like a pig's slaughter house. Bruiser garg pounding them into meatloaf. Haha Anymore sickle doctor out there?Ipodmas7 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Is Haunt vibiable late game yet? Keen to level up a WD and love the haunt animation but am unsure if I will be able to use it effecitively late game, can anyone help? Also is an all spirit build viable inferno +? ThanksTyrant9 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Do you think we get to keep SV for PvP? I've been pondering a lot on how dueling is going to work out for us WDs. IMO, SV is the single most powerful skill we have in terms of PVP, it pretty much gives us a 2nd life. No other class has this. Now assuming that there will be certain "restrictions/balancing" even just for dueling, what do you think are the chances this passive makes it?MilkMan22 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Arreat Crater 2 and Keep Depths 2 These two zones are random and pretty much everyone includes them in their xp runs. Does anyone have any strategies to share in terms of how they run them to complete as much of the zone as possible without too much backtracking? Examples: hug left, hug right, never backtrack, etc.Dikembe2 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Diminishing returns on VQ... Who else out there is punting VQ in favor of SA? I've been using VQ for a long time, but it seems (on paper) that SA is superior for WD with large mana pool or almost any WD that takes SW/Honored Guest. My mana (with SoJ) equipped is just over 1000. SA would: - Boost mana pool to 1200 - Add 12 mps (with no requirement to 'trigger' like VQ) - Add 180 mps when I cast Spirit Walk/Honored Guest for 2 second duration vs. 150 mps without SA (this has "potential" of regaining me 60 extra mana every 13 seconds, or 4.62 mps) With VQ, we get 45*1.3 - 45 = 13.5 mps With SA (and 1k mana pool) I get 12 + 4.62 (extra mana returned by SW) = 16.62 mps Now obviously, I won't have perfect casts of SW exactly every 13 seconds, but it is also difficult to keep VQ up at all times. I think the "automatic" nature of SA regen and larger mana pool make it superior. I can't give up Spirit Vessel, so I would be left with SV, BR and SA. Widowmakers would seem somewhat less useful if it isn't triggering VQ, but (as Bear doc) I can't see anything else that would be better for those times I'm low/out of mana (If you believe otherwise, please suggest).BigRed2 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 top 15 WD by diablo progress stream 100parago stream http://www.twitch.tv/d3slone# gear: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/lone-1162/Daenerys/1951584Lone0 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Losing Radius? So I just picked up a few yellow upgrades but I keep losing Pick up Radius. Is this a problem till I hit legendary gear? Any suggestions?Idahowolfcub16 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 My 353K DPS Wiz gear to a 231K DPS WD I moved my gear over from my Wizard and bought a decent offhand. This class was fun and I haven't played it since 1.03. I hope Bliz made some improvements to the class after I left ><InvidGurab724 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 What should I work on next? My character is able to solo everything but I ws wondering for my gear what I should be going after next or improving?Acidburn2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Vile Ward Looks like every man and his dog uses this as standard for shoulder. I'm upgrading piece at a time and looking at this as my next upgrade, I picked up my current one for MF but now at para 71 don't need it. So should I go big and buy the Viles as a forever upgrade, looking at 270 Intel and 50 Vit min. Budget 100m. Or look at upgrading with good spec rare shoulders and upgrade another item?FatboyJ2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Looking to hit 100k+ DPS, what to upgrade? How much would it cost for me to hit 100k+ dps and what items should I upgrade?Atrial10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Curious about a weapon I posted this WD Ceremonial Knife in the trading forum as well but just curious if this is any good for a WD. I dont plan on playing one so looking to sell it if it is of any value to anyone .907.2 DPS 273-658 Arcane dmg +155 int +Crit dmg 91% +103 max mana +9 Regen per secmjswango577 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Acid Rain / Pets tank Build Since skywalkerfx start to build index page about WD build guide that very useful for other WD players and this is my current build for fill his index Acid Rain / Pets tank Build Build Concept This Build is design to be range class that deal big area damage to enemies from long distance and have strong pets tank support Witch Doctor. SKill Act 3 MP 1 Farming Skill Build - Firebomb / Ghost Bomb - Zombie Dogs / Burning Dogs or Life Link or Leeching Beasts - Grasp of the Dead / Desprate Grasp or Rain of Cropse or Groping Eels or Unbreakable Grasp - Spirit Walk / Jaunt - Acid Clound / Acid Rain - Gargantuan / Big Stinker or Bruiser or Restless Giant Passive : 1.Jungle Fortitude 2.Blood Ritual 3.Fierce Loyalty High MP4-10 Skill Build - Cropse Spiders / Widowmakers - Zombie Dogs / Life Link or Leeching Beasts - Haunt / Draining Spirit - Spirit Walk / Jaunt - Acid Clound / Acid Rain - Gargantuan / Big Stinker or Bruiser or Restless Giant Passive : 1.Jungle Fortitude 2.Pierce the Veil 3.Fierce Loyalty Firebomb - I use Ghost bomb to clean mob and clear debris when quick farm Cropse Spiders - In MP4+ I use Widowmakers for gain some mana and spider take less effect from reflect damage also deal more damage when surround single target and will use Leaping Spiders for PVP Zombie Dogs - Dogs can gain full life Regen from passive skill and they are very strong in this Build u can use any skill rune depend on your need. Burning Dogs for deal a little more damage and proc some Life On hit to heal u. Life Link absorb some damage make WD more tanky increase your EHP. Leeching Beast use for extra Hp recovery for both WD and dogs. Grasp of the Dead - Use to slow down enemies and deal some more damage .In party game Spirit Walk - For run out from danger situation and Life regen heal while I in spirit realm Haunt - This skill I use Draining Spirit rune to deal some more damage to single target and gain more mana recovery. In party game u can change this skill to other skill that party need like Hex or Big Bad Voodoo etc. Acid Clound - Big area damage Mob killer skill and also proc big LOH to heal u. Gatgantuan - Also can gain life Regen from passive skill u can use any skill rune depend your need. Big Stinker cover your giant with gas damage nearby enemies. Bruiser for 3 second chance to stun enemies and Restless Giant can go berserk sometime. Jungle Fortitude - Give 15% damage reduction for WD and pets Blood Ritual - Lower mana cost 15% and gain life regen 1% of your HP to WD and also your pets too if u use Fierce Loyalty Fierce Loyalty - Pets can gain your Life regen and damage taken to melee attacker Pierce the Veil - For extra DPS 20% but pay more mana cost 30% Pros of this build 1.Fast farming in low Mp and fast xp from bonus killing good for kill mass of white mob 2.Can attack from long distance keep your WD save 3.WD and pets have high survirabilty very tanky rarely to recast pets 4.Have pets tank support to keep enemies busy 5.Never buy HP potion from NPC and low repair cost because have high survirabilty 6.Nearly infinity mana in both skill set up (drop acid rain throw 3-4 spider jar then acid rain throw 3-4 I do something like this and use grasp of the dead every possible chance or haunt enemy every 4-5 second to gain 20 mana recovery all the time my mana never run out) Cons of this build 1.Killing speed slower than bears and other melee class build especially when killing elite it take 2-3 min to kill MP8 one elite pack lets say DPS limit your MP that u can play more than your EHP 2.Require Dex 500 - 1000 (20-30% dodge chance to keep life regen smooth) 3.Pets still can die quick against some elite pack like Descecrators, Arcane sentry(If pets stand on center spot) or some creep that can deadly strike example mallot lords, thrall, salvage beast etc. 4.Attack speed benefit to every skill in this build only acid clound that gain nothing from attack speed it just lets u cast spell faster no matter how much attack speed u have u cast this spell every few second anyway and don't forget that more attack speed mean u slow your mana recovery. Gearing I prefer to use legend and set item so everybody who wana try this build can search for same thing that I use in nearly same stats or go with 4 pieces basic zuni set that fine just don't put any useless stats in your gear random stats. When I gear my self every set and legend will give u some fix stats and have 1-3 random stats I only looking for useful stats in good roll number also the worst stats that I can accept are 70 strength or dex. I don't buy any item that have these stats -extra HP from globe and potion (my regen high enough and this build have many way to heal I rarely drink my potion most game not use HP potion) -pick up gold and globe area (I don't have any skill in my build that need pick up area so 20 from off hand enough) -single resistance (it waste not effective only looking all resistance) -magic find and gold find (These are just temporary need if u keep lving paragon u can take of MF and GF one by one. MF and GF have limit at 375 include 5 NV stack) -melee attacker take damage (useless there are something more useful) IN Current Spec How far I can go? Now my WD have lv84 paragon DPS 182 k, 3860 Armor, 788 all resis, HP 50.4k, 649 LOH, 2467 life regen and 807 DEX About My EHP 459411 and 622043 with DEX if I use Life Link Dogs My EHP will be 510490 and 691159 with DEX these not include reduce damage against elite 7% from ring This is high MP skill set up can farm key in mp8 solo and Uber boss MP7 solo and possible to do it with 0 HP potion to heal my self just drop twice of acid rain on any mob My Hp will full again or run away or use spirit walk this tractic work on reflect damage mob and even in Uber ghomy gas room about mana widowmakers and haunt fill my tank really quick make this build nearly infinity mana even I use pierce the veil.Exia8 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Looking for a decent spec for my current gear What the tittle says. Atm I am just doing Alkeizer runs on mp0 inferno. Was wondering what decent specs are. I don't have the life on hit to do Zombie bears.Jileti2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Gargantuan: Bruiser or Humungoid? What's more useful??? the 200% Weapon damage slam that stuns or the cleave for 130%??? how often does the cleave go off?Lorand12 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 How to deal with reflect in high MP? I currently have 185K unbuffed DPS and I literally just can't do reflect packs in higher MP levels, [8-10]. Defensive stats: 50K HP 2.5% Lifesteal 700 Life on Hit 800 All Res 1K Life/sec 3400 Armor Coming from playing a CM wizard to being a bear witch doctor, it feels like reflect is ridiculous on WD's. Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfdUXi!Uac!bcYZYZSnipin10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 What to upgrade next? Since I've been perma-banned from EU forums, I have to post here instead. What should I look for and upgrade next? I've been looking for a Mara's Kaleidoscope with 200+ int, CC and CD with 10%+ spirit barrage damage, but couldn't find any with the SB damage :( My AR is about 560 average, I think I could do with 100 more. So, could anyone point me in the right direction and suggest the next upgrades? Thanks.Menty3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Wd in need of info Please check my wd out and let me know what i need to do my dps is crap mana is !@#$ gotta counter act these with things like vision quest pierce The veil and spiritul anointment even with these its just not there i wanna keep life at 50k+ my life regen and leech life/life per % dmg delt from skorn feel like these are extremely needed in the higher mp lvls with my current gear i can do mp5 no problemo and start struggling at mp 6 deff a no go at mp 8 for me up for any ideas no problem switching skorn out maybe i just need a better emerald in wep to fix dps and a lil bit more mana regen and i would be set or maybe i need 100 mil to change every thing lmk..Main goal spam zombie bears with high dps life on hit/life leech so now all i gotta do is keep mana up and i wont dieSajjad8 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 MP On Kill Problem and Solution Hello everyone, I'm going to exposit the problem I see with monster power and a possible solution to said problem. The problem: On kill effects do not scale with monster power. I've seen a lot of threads explaining why this is a problem so I'm not going to elaborate on that, but I will explain why I think it is an unintentional effect of monster power. Other skill trigger events (on hit, on crit) and healing methods (life on hit, life steal, life regen) aren't directly affected by increasing monster power, but on kill skills trigger less over time and health globes are generated less over time. This doesn't seem intentional to me. The solution: Make a new event that will also trigger "on kill" skills and have a chance to drop health globes. I'm going to call it "monster power kill" (mpk) but I'm sure if something similar were implemented it would have a super cool name. These mpk events should occur every time a monster loses 100% of its MP0 life (having more players in the game shouldn't cause extra MPK events from a single monster though). This would have the effect of rounding up, such that at MP1 (150% MP0 life) the monster would give one "on kill" effect at 1/3 (50% MP0) life and another at 0 when it dies. This rounding up could be compensated for by making the first modulo 100% chunk of life only give a modulo 100% chance to trigger a MPK event (i.e. for a MP1 monster at 2/3 or 100% of MP0 life it has a 50% chance to trigger an event and at 0 it triggers a normal death event). This doesn't seem terribly out of place, since some bosses already drop globes at certain points in the fight and its end result would be that "on kill" effects continue to occur at a normal rate and health globes spawn at the same rate (making "+life from health globes" affects on gear not scale down at higher MP unlike other defensive affects).Kobo2 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Which MP is best for farming? For farming and NOT paragon xp leveling, which mp do you guys think is the most efficient? clearing the whole act in mp0 or is it better to do it in the higher mps? Does anyone still do act 2? VotA?solo883 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Where to go next with itemization? So last night I got extremely lucky and found a 2 socket dex manticore and sold it almost instantly for 105M. I proceeded to change from a pet/darts build to the cookie cutter gruesome feast/tribal rites build, and overhaul about 7 slots of gear. But now each piece is going to cost lots of money, and it can be risky, and stressful business trying to upgrade. I'm wondering from those with geared out wd where should I go next? Do I need more loh, more res, should I be sacking any stats for damage? I don't see myself coming into lots of money again anyime soon, unless my luck remains that good, so upgrades for under 10M would be preferred but any advice would be appreciated as it gives me something to look towards in the long run. If anyone could just take a look at my profile and give me some advice. Thank youNapalmBrain4 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Streaming WD Whimsy 350% MF Runs w Commentary EDIT: Whimsy is better than ever after 1.0.3!!!! Witch Doctor here. Going to stream a few Inferno Whimsyshire magic find runs. Feel free to ask any questions! Thanks http://www.twitch.tv/haloth No Gear Swaps All DPS/MF Gear EDIT: Whimsy is better than ever after 1.0.3!!!!Haloth72 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Farming MP10 Hello all! I just got back into D3 about 2 months ago, so all the newer builds and what not is all new to me. I'd like to be able to farm MP10 comfortably and I have a few questions. 1) What is something I can upgrade right now that will have the biggest impact on me? I have the Hellfire Ring on just for exp boost, it was a crappy roll. 2) Is LS better than LoH for me and farming high MP? 3) I assume, AS, CC, and CD are my focus? Thanks for any help and feed back!Shindel3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Need advice for gear upgrade How can I upgrade my WD? Any advice would be more than welcome. Current problem: Find a hard time survival... Have about 100mil to spendTrinityLP3 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Good SoS/Visage VS ToTD and Zuni Helm I feel stuck where i am at without having a 3 billion gold account. Or a Black AmEx. Ive been told to get a mana knife with socket. but the ones i see in the AH are all way over priced. Ive been told to drop my ToTD and Zuni Helm for SoS/ Visage My profile is the gear i have and the spells i run currently. Do i save up or is there something i can buy now in the AH to boost my char? The end goal in all of this is to run MP 6-10 in group play. I cant even hang in MP 4-5 now. Any help would be great. ThanksSherlock6 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 What is the current state of WD? Top3 builds? I ve been away a bit from the WD and never asked this and found a similar thread about this, so I ll do it now: What are the top 3 witch doctor builds (past lvl 60)? 1 important thing, the builds may not revolve around the superexpensive gear. You should be able to evolve into them with moderate or even relatively bad gear Currently I use this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acUdXh!aXe!aaaZYc with gear that has a bit of life regen (that s why jaunt is used on my spirith walk as I can heal up while I walk). Why it is solid? It has the most survivability build into it: soul harvest siphon, spirith walk, horrify with frightening Aspect shield & spirit vessel are easely the best survival skills of the WD & for dps poison dart splinters, dire bats & searing locusts have been proven many times to be some of the usefull dps spellls of the WD (splinter dart can be shot off screen, which is huge and Locust swarm dps can be combined with the aoe dps of dire bats wich is a deadly combo). It is a solid build that works good in groups too, but I m bored with it and want to see what the witch doctor kids are doing these days and I m curious to know the best general WD builds. Yes I know if you have a huge credit card you can make almost every build work, but I don't give a f*** about that Edit: Also try to explain why you use which spells and why certain combination of spells is good (like I tried to do with my build)Munin10 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 WD Farm No Pet Guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SucA7-WDyHY&feature=youtu.beTwentyMarch1 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Need weapon advice Hey fellow WD, i need help buying new weapons. I need a MH and OH that would keep my dps around what it is with my skorn for about 12mil. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. I do have a ToTD that i found farming its stats are 100-220 damage 54 dex 155 int 57 vit 109 Mana 11 mana regen 8.5 crit 12% to corpse spider damageLexias4 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 50 mill to spend Just sold a mempo for 37mill. Now i have money to spend, i just dont know on what. lil help plz.Sherlock8 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Useful item/properties for Witch Doctors Hi. I saw a rather useful pricing guide for items that Barbs use. 1 handed socketed weapons, certain stats on armor (which really can be applied to every class). I'm just unclear what to keep when it comes to Mojo, Ceremonial Knives, VooDoo masks, etc. What do you look for in an item that is class specific? I know INT is important for WD, but I've heard that some WD melee. Do you need high attack speed and DPS for a knife? Would you rather dual wield? What type of build do you have and what types of items and properties do you look for? For example, is a socketed Gidbin any good? What about rings/amulets? What stats on those are really helpful (besides the regular stuff like resist all and magic find, high INT/VIT, etc.) Does attack speed or crit dmg help a WD? What about those special bonuses that are specific for that class only (ex: Lower Zombie mana cost, etc.) Any help would be appreciated. Maybe others will start saving stuff and put up more useful items for Witch Doctors on the AH as well. If there is a thread that already goes into depth on this, please share. Thanks!Corgon1 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 Looking for WD Pals :) Well considering most of my personal friends dropped off this game quite some time ago and I have been running solo most of the time I figure I'd look for some new folks that play casually or actively and friends that use or main WD's. I have been on hiatus for quite some time (Sept-Dec) from school, and with the new patch, new builds and ubers I'm still kind of in the dark a bit with my guy, but I think I'm on the right path and keep reading forums and looking at builds to see where I need to go. Long story short, looking for pals :PBurgatron8 Jan 9, 2013