Witch Doctor

Nov 30, 2012 Top dps wd's no Loh or ls??! I'm am very confused as to how all the top witch doctors with 300-400k dps are surviving with not life on hit or life steal?, I do above 200k and could use some more resistances but i dont understand how i could survive on that alone even with 100k dps more with no life on hit or life steal any thoughts on how there doing it?midgetron14 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Most wanted: another skill on par with bear that's my biggest wish. having used bear since 1.03, i'm getting tired of the animation.Nerzaa4 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Can someone tell me the value of this mojo ? Rare Mojo -106-392 damage -177 Stenght -169 Intelligence -107 Vitality -8% life -291 life/sec -Crit chance 10% Thx in advanceAlfragon2 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 0s cooldown zombie dog or mana knife Hi, I have a decent budget to upgrade my WD after some good drops. Recently sold my 940 damage mana knife with socket. Considering whether to go for 980-1000 damage mana knife with socket or opt for the 0s zombie dog build. Any advice?dtqs3 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Higher weapon damage or more intellect Every spell description states its damage is based on the damage of my weapon. Does this mean I should use the highest-weapon-damage, two-handed weapon I can find? Which weapon would do more for my Plague of Toads and other damage spells: a higher-weapon-damage, lower-intellect weapon a lower-weapon-damage, higher-intellect weapon?Meltdown0 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 WD Newbie Needs Opinons From Experts Hi All, Im new to this class and I just managed to finish inferno today. I would just like to ask the opinion of the pros on how I can better my WD. My head still hurts from several hours that it took me to gear. I would just like to go the easier route and ask you guys instead. I know that my gloves and ring should be changed as I only bought the gloves for several hundred K and got the ring from my stash. Maybe you can tell me what stats I should be looking for. Also, I haven't tried playing iin MPs other than 0 and 1. WIll my current build be okay or are there other builds that work well in high MPs? Your opinios will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Cheers!SaffronRoux1 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 critique my wd mp7+ build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lameboi-1117/hero/28927193 thank you.lameboi2 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 [MONSTER] Infinite Mana NO VQ [Coming] Just put together a pretty fun infinite mana spam build. Going to do a writeup soon. Currently Streaming/Perfecting the build: http://www.own3d.tv/Monster12/live/390036 let me know what you guys thinkSoundb1 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Zero Dog, anyone not using "For the Master" I was wondering if, with lifesteal, and EHFG, you can tank while using the Provoke the Pack rune instead. Does everyone use FtM?SimplMasheen5 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 WD LOH/LS ?'S Does Zombie Dogs/Gaganution trigger LoH or LS? Do the runes Burning dogs or Big Stinker damage trigger LoHRainking7 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 anyone finished inferno in hardcore with wd? any tips? my char atm http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aw3s0m0-1140/hero/28801499 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRYTUP!aWe!bZcYacaw3s0m01 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Please rate my WD And please suggest to refine my buildJai1 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Help a newbie WD So I've been reading the forums and learning about great builds and what gear to buy, etc etc. First of all, there are mostly really nice, helpful people here. I pretty much only know one build - circle of life/sacrifice - fueling bears. looking into 0 dogs but seems a bit pricey. ANYWAY, my main problem is honestly trying to figure out all this WD lingo. What are ALL the abbreviations for WD? Please send me a list as I'm confused. I know a lot of the talk is in context so yea, I have to figure it out sometime but it would be nice to know the base abbreviations. Like what is OOM? To me AR= all resist, CC = critical chance, CD = critical damage. but not here. I just learned CD = cool down. Are we that lazy in typing? I guess I am too. WTF OMG Please give me a list! THKS!BrusKi3 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 need help on defensive stats- where to upgrad (ran out of room in the title... where to "upgrade" :-P ) I've ran into a decent size sum of gold... 75 mil - and want to spread it evenly across my gear. My focus will be to "exchange" some of my current items with roughly the same DPS stats, but swap those useless stats into more "defensive" stats. My defensive set-up looks like: HP: 53k Armor: 3900 Lowest Resist: 722 Dodge: 12.7% Not sure if dodge matters... but added it there anyway. Things to note, I usually run with Soul Harvest/GF (to add even more all resist) and the horrify armor rune (but not always... perhaps it should become a staple skill in my set-up). At first glance, it seems I need to focus more on armor. And have already begun looking up zuni pieces with armor (or other items). I think I am fine at my resist and could lose some HP if it comes to it (which will probably occur if I exchange my zuni helm for either a CC or mana regen one). Like most WD's (or its just me) I get whomped mostly by reflect mobs... and the 2.9% LS doesn't seem to do much against MP6-7+. I like using a bear build btw. Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!Wootytooty4 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 WTS Manajumas Carving knife socketed 910 DPS 258-519 poison damage 46% damage 197 int crit damage 90% 2.9% damage converted to life socketed with 100% crit gemscuba342 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Any clue what these are worth? http://i.imgur.com/G33CR.png cant even find similar ones in AH :( max AR..Shurgosa6 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Semi-perma mass confuse with 0 CD dogs has anyone tried pairing up a Last Breath with the -15 sec to Mass Confuse with a 0 cd zombie dog build? You're already going to be using Tribal Rites. Just take the rune that reduces the cooldown of mass confuse by 15 seconds, and that should get the cooldown to around 15 seconds. Seems like this could be really powerful at higher monster power levels. Or you could take the rune for 20% damage, although that would roughly half your uptime.Zoltar6 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Stuck on next upgrade I am working with a 10 million budget and want to boost my damage while maintaining most of my durability.Krayloon1 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Manajuma's carving knife - life steal I'm getting ready to drop some serious dough on a better weapon. Is the life steal on Manajuma's really good? I've not had life steal before, only life on hit. Will 2.9% really contribute to my survivability with about 100K dps? Thanks for any recommendations on weapons.ThreeWishes7 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Gear advice? Hello fellow WDs Just wondering if I can get some gear advice? I recently got my DPS to over 100K, but I feel like I sacrificed too much All resist and vitality. Anyway, it's my first time posting, so apologies if I'm being very vague on what I'm looking for. (I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for, lol.) I'm also using Zombie Bears. Quite awesome at dealing damage, but it's getting a little boring. Any other damage dealing builds besides Bears, 0 dogs, and acid cloud?Monikerdude4 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Summoning Pets with/without buffs Hi, Anyone know if your pets benefit from a buff at the time of their summoning? For ex. If I have 5 Soul Harvest stacks and 5 Gruesome Feast stacks when I summon my Garg, will the Garg be better? If so, will he be perma-buffed until he dies, or will the buffs wear off? Thanks!hirondelle2 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Pets over MP5 They die almost instantly in Moltan and Desecration affixes. My resists are pretty high. What level of AR and Armor do I need to keep my freaking pets alive? Or are they doomed to whatever MP you can do that drops globes fast enough based on your dps?Zork12 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Help with gearing Hey everyone, just getting back into playing my Witch Doctor. I thoroughly enjoy it, but since I haven't played it in months, my DPS is quite low compared to most hear. I've looked at a lot of profiles and most people seem to have relatively all the same gear. I was curious if I could get some suggetsions as to where you would suggest me going first as I start to rebuild and regear this character.Phildunphy3 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Buying marrow give me your price on zunimassa's marrow Attributes wanted: vit,int,3 sockets, 50+ARak9407284 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Ugh, I'm *stuck* with a build that works! Having built 0 sac dogs build awhile ago and being successful in up to MP 9 uber runs, I've since gotten bored of it and trying other builds. While I'm having moderate success with some others, I keep switching back to 0 dogs because it's just so darn reliable in terms of survivability. Am I being ungrateful? lolbadmojo1018 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 i finely bought the knife of my dreams it cost me 129 i saved up for 12 days of long grulling farming butcher sic droped sold for 180 got 150 with tax 11k more damige woot woot now save up for a better pox ring grrr.Kyle20 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 please pc this amulet 9-18 dmg 130 intel 125vit crit dmg 88 crit chance 10HkNcY0 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Where to go from here? I love the WD. I converted most of my gear over from my wizard after returning to the game after 1.5 came live. I am able to farm MP7 keys fairly easily. It's been expensive gold wise to upgrade just small parts at a time after selling off most of my wizard gear. My profile doesn't show the true damage that my current gear reflects, so I cut and pasted screen shots of my gear and stats/details. They are here: http://www.malgor.org/images/wd_nov_2012_gear.jpg My build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afdUYT!YTe!accacc My problem is that I now am down to 100m gold and not sure what to do. Also RD packs really tear me up. With only 3% damage converted to life if I'm getting a lot of critical hits (with 54% CC and 447% CD) it just tears me up. So basically I have to wait until SW is available and do my damage while I cannot take any. So if anyone has advice as to what I should be doing as far as upgrades, and what I should be doing differently play wise or build wise to survive better on RD packs I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance, KaeanKaean0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Assuming all cc works for pvp http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#giXUQe!eaf!ZZaabY Abuse objects on the map and LOS Well of Soul crits them down until they fix it. Kite with Haunt if needed, slam dance when set up a kill, or for team to blow up a target. Fear as needed either after sprinting in and fear bomb the team, or if some pesky melee is on you jinx/fear/haunt kite/spirit walk depending on their cd's and what you have up.Anagram86 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Wandering aimlessly in the dark .... Hi guys, I really am lost and need some help. I can farm inferno M4/M5 fairly comfortably, but anything beyond that gets difficult in a hurry. Forget about the Ubers, at this point I am totally ineffective. I realize I need more DPS, but more importantly some lifesteal or LOH. If necessary, do I sacrifice health and or All resists to improve this? Which gear needs to be replaced or upgraded. Pretty limited budget, I have about 4 mil to work with. Flame away if you have to, but some constructive input would be appreciated as well. Thx in advance....mikec4 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Upgrades/Change in Builds/Questions If anyone wants to look at my items and look at skills to let me know what I should change. With how much damage I do I feel like I should be playing on mp7 but I find myself playing on MP4 What are thoughts on Pierce the Veil? Are Zombie Dogs necessary to keep monsters away from me? If not should I replace them with Grasp of the dead? Zombie Bears or Acid Cloud? If I pick Acid cloud should it be Lob Blob Bomb or Acid Rain? I'm intrigued by the zombie dog/sacrifice build what items would I have to change and how much would it cost? I currently have 10 MM burning a hole in my pocket what should i spend it on? Or should I save for something better? When I use vision quest I use my main attack once then spam bears until my mana is gone. Then I use my my attack again until my mana is full. Is there a more efficient way to do this?OverlordEvan0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 mp10 azmo down! im pretty stoked, actually somewhat new to the entire WD thing.. sold off my DH's DML and fully geared this doc and regeared my DH with the 500mil i made off it slash a few nice drops. playing WD at high mp's has been quite fun! decided to try mp10 azmo today after the elite packs weren't too difficult with a bit of kiting, and what a suprise! azmo was quite easy. included some shots of the build/kill, hope you guys enjoy them. if i decided to do mp10 on the WD again (which isn't that big of a deal tbh, but obviously i'd prefer mp5-8 for key farming because it's much quicker) i would get rid of BBV and the garg for 2 other more useful skills, probably the AOE fear and maybe spirit barrage or zombie dogs w/ life leech. garg was kinda useless, dogs prob would be too though on mp10. ill have to play around more and give more feedback. lameboi#1117, as usual the profile isn't updated correctly. i went for much more mana regen / survivability than my profile suggests, have over 100 mana/sec now, gave up some crit on my helm and my tal rasha's chest (resold at a ridiculous profit :D) to go back to 4 piece zunis w/ mana gen on helm which was much cheaper than crit. http://i.imgur.com/T1o0R.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Jg1pp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/WTWe1.jpg - build i used for mp10, once again, i'd definitely get rid of BBV and the garg for 2 more useful skills. could probably go back to jaunt as mana regen wasn't as much of an issue with the regearing of my WD towards that weakness with the class. edit- so after checking everything out again, i dropped garg/bbv for horrify/FA (100% armor) and hex/jinx, which i'm sure would be better in groups anyway. let me know what you think! the 100% armor would be great so we'll see how that goes when i have more time to play, and i've already ran hex/jinx which is quite nice as CC + extra dmg, especially vs horde / minion champ packs.lameboi0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 4s Zombie Dog SoJ WTS http://i45.tinypic.com/ops503.png 35m or best offer Max#1963Max1 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 how much is the 0 cooldown dog gear budget Anyone help thxjustinkhoo16 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Do anyone stack DEX? After change some gears (Boot and chest armor) .My dex are nearly to 600 and it work great in dodge thing.21% of dodge chance is very useful compare to the old gear which full of str and armor. Check in www.d3rawr.com in term of my ehp.1 dex gain 217 ehp while str and armor is 97 ehp. 1 all resist gain 639 ehp but more expensive than 3 dex in WD gear. Hope that next patch Blizz will make dodge avoid reflect damage like before.Pingpong16 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 What is a good set of Witch Doctor gear? I have recently acquired around 450 million gold from selling a ring at the AH. Now that I have all this gold, what sort of gear should I buy to make my witch doctor better? I have a pet survival build right now with gear to match, but I feel like with this much gold I could go in a completely different direction. Does anyone have any suggestions?sharkhunter7 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Rate my WD Help me improve my WD. (items & Skills)dimatos4 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 WD help plz :D Hi, i just lvld my third char to 60, a WD got him to around 50k dps. But im struggling against MP2 elites, my ww has around the same dps and roflstopms mp2. Can anyone suggest anything? maybe a build change? I know i could upgrade a bunch of my items, but i dont have gold right now. Any help will be much appreciated.MrRafarius17 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Zunimassas set question How many WD's use the full Zuni set? An how much would you guys think i should spend on each piece if its worth it? Looking to start a WD, and was interested to get your guys take on it.Goombastomp7 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Wandering aimlessly in the dark .... Hi guys, I really am lost and need some help. I can farm inferno M4/M5 fairly comfortably, but anything beyond that gets difficult in a hurry. Forget about the Ubers, at this point I am totally ineffective. I realize I need more DPS, but more importantly some lifesteal or LOH. If necessary, do I sacrifice health and or All resists to improve this? Which gear needs to be replaced or upgraded. Pretty limited budget, I have about 4 mil to work with. Flame away if you have to, but some constructive input would be appreciated as well. Thx in advance....mikec1 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 I tested 1 handed and 2 handed, plz read So for testing purpose I bought a top of the line manajuma's carving knife for 450 million gold, 1014 dps 95% crit hit damage 2.90% life steal. At first I thought it was alright, hitting super fast, but I was running out of mana much faster than when I use my skorn. Also when it came to leeching my life back, i was at 90k hp, it felt like I wasn't leeching AT all even with my really high damage. Now I met the first reflect elites, usually I just use fightening aspect the horrify rune and i can spam bears and leech some life using my skorn, but using the manajuma my life was going down slowly then again I would go spirit walk and leech my 90k life back in like 2 hits using my lovely skorn, with manajuma it wasnt the case. I would go spirit walk and watch my life SLOWLY go back up. So what I noticed is you hit faster with weaker attacks and leech less. Can you guys tell me why do you like that weapon and 1 handed in general over a top of the line skorn like im using? Please give me some arguments, this is mostly a follow up to a thread that was made yesterday talking about 1 handed vs 2 handed, you guys can't say I was negative and didin't try the 1 handed , i spent 450 million for testing purpose. Also I noticed a few people on my friend list liked 1 handed more BUT , they never tried a good skorn with life steal, you will see the diffrence when your lfie is low and you just leech it back up in 2-3 hits. Thank you for reading I know that was a lot of text, don't mind the mistakes aswell as english is not my main language.eviLal3x17 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Acid Cloud - Working as Intended? when elite packs wallers wall you in, is the Acid Cloud designed to be blocked? It seems kind of silly that a spell like that can be blocked by a 5 feet wall.Bubbes7 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Next upgrade/Advice? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arekus2012-1613/hero/715555 Just picked up my WD recently and have been having a blast with him, but I feel like I'm really starting to lag out on MP progression. I can effectively farm on MP3-4, but after that I feel like I'm just having too much trouble with both speed and survivability. Any build advice or gearing suggestions?Arekus20121 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Grave Injustice or Spiritual Attunement? 20% Mana and 1% per sec regen ... or 2% per kill? I have 20 p/u radius so I get it on every kill... but starting to think Attunement might be a better option.Toology12 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Sometimes less crit is better i believe no one has ever talked about this. i switched from my old tal rasha to a crit tal rasha a week ago. i noticed i was dying more often than i used to while fighting reflects. it was weird, but still ok, since i don't die much anyways, so i just ignored it. a couple of days ago i decided to switch my soundrel to templar just for fun. i noticed i am back to where i was before the ammy switch and rarely die killing myself with reflects. what i realized is that you will more likely to kill yourself when you have too much dps vs defensive stats even if you have a high ls; and there is breaking point for the balance of dps vs defence, for me, it's the extra 4% cc. crit isn't always king, it needs to be balanced with defensive stats, i.e. armor, ar and vit.Nerzaa10 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 0 dog cooldown gear I'm thinking of selling my barb and either waiting a month (take a break from the bad drops) or maybe try out this 0 dog build if I can afford it. How much are a 6 sec SOJ or Mara? Is there any trick to looking them up on the AH?Windgrace5 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 got budget, need advice on upgrade direction VQ or 0dog? got 150m in budget, wonder which direction should I go? My friend gave me a 6%poison 8cd zombiedog 24%elite SOJ so should if 0dog, should I gave up zuni's ? need some advicegameglz4 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Need some help! Hey, I recently came back with the addition of paragon and UBRS. I plan to play for a while. I was hoping for some general builds/advice. I found a firebats build on Noxxic but i'm not sure how this will stand up to the test of act 3. This post is sort of scatter brained but i'm basically looking for advice on builds/stat priority(i think int>CC=CD>AS for dmg) And also, what items are you guys running for farming act 3? Which of my pieces stands to be replaced. I sold all my barb gear before i quit so i have about 43mil to work with. Thanks a lot! I'll be checking this for the next few hours!Madget0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Speedy mp 1-2 farming build This is the build that i use to farm mp 1-2 for exp/mf etc. Just thought i would share what i use and why i use it in case anyone likes how its done. Zombie Charger - Zombie Bears Sacrifice - Pride (mana regen rune) Spirit Barrage - Manitou (1667% dmg over 20S) Haunt - Stalker (increased run speed) Spirit Walk - Jaunt (increased spirit walk time) Soul Harvest - Vengeful Spirit Passive Skills Gruesome Feast (killing so fast its also easy to keep up) Circle of Life (chance to spawn dog on kill) Grave Injustice I really like this build because it allows you to maintain your mana pool, and stay quick as your moving through mobs. Essentially Bears is your only attack. I pop manitou so i can have the added dps, but it also targets doors/crates/obstacles, and can sometimes clear them for me before i get to them, increasing the speed of my run. You can cycle between haunt and spirit walk pretty easily for added run speed, and its pretty easy to keep one of them up regularly with the lowered CD from kills. With the rate at which you kill mobs you will almost always have your 3 dogs from circle of life passive, and they can be sacrificed for either life or mana or 15% added dps for 30 sec. They provide a nice shield when you dont need the sacrifice, or a burst of dps when needed. For those who have trouble with reflect dmg, you can opt for the life sacrifice, which heals well, and if you have issues with mana.....choose the mana rune, and just sacrifice more often. For those with lower dps, having haunt will work as an extra out incase you get cornered. I simply use it for speed. On a side note, a lot of ppl overlook manitou but i find that as a spell i dont need to cast but once every 20s, the extra dps, esp on single target is quite nice. mine crits for 50-100k and the cast rate for it is fairly quick.Lewtaint0 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 I want 4CD come back,Please give it to us! fk bz!caonima。我是大壞蛋9 Nov 29, 2012