Wizard

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the wizard forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III wizard class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
Jun 30 RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.4.2) I created this set of tools for my own use and decided that they could be of benefit to others. The tools are designed to remove a lot of the guess work from gearing choices and give you a as accurate an estimate of your wizard's potential in various aspects as possible. What it includes: -Tool to help with calculating the eDPS of various spell combinations -Tool to calculate the APoC and LoH returns of spells and their "spam-ability" -Tool for calculating Mitigation and Sustain -Tool that calculates changes in DPS, Mit & eHP with stat changes. -Tool for calculating Cooldown Reduction and Cost Reduction -Tool for calculating the Firebird 6-piece DoT damage and infinite DoT threshold -Tool for calculating damage within a Tal Rasha 6-piece skill rotation. -Tables for all breakpoints (Yes, they still very much exist in RoS). -Reference page of stats for skills with some notes on behavior (Requires Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet software) Download location: http://www.olynick.net/d3/tools VOD of the Wizard Tools Workshop on April19, 2015: http://www.twitch.tv/vizjereiclan/c/6569262 Let me know what you think. -dolynickdolynick244 Jun 30
3h Please get rid of the Archon dominance? For a very long time now, builds that require a tight Archon setup has been the only way to really play the Wizard at higher GR levels. How long has it been now since this started? - A year and a half? - Too long, anyway. This was warned against and discussed many times; that Archon would become too dominant and Wizard players would feel they "have to" play an Archon setup in order to get anywhere. Yet you went through with it, and after all this time there still seems to be no end in sight. Playing Archon feels like playing a totally different class and I know I'm not alone in saying that the fun disappeared the moment Archon appeared. No Archon build should ever have been an "end-game build". And now it's BY FAR the ONLY way you can play this class that we love(d) and miss. Every now and then I log in to D3, all hyped, hoping they've come to their senses. - But nope; Archon dominance across the leaderboards. Every single time. /logs out I got one question: Where are the other awesome playstyles we've seen through the years?bjornh27 3h
18h 50 million gold? Any idea how can i pass this? Thanks in advance...Leontokardos13 18h
22h Help with my Lightning Archon Build Hi everyone, I'd like some advice and/or pointers for progressing my wizard in the greater rifts. I've managed to clear up to rift 83 and do feel I can probably go to 85 after an attempt or two. But I feel like I must have something wrong with my wizard or haven't been playing them correctly. Every time I look at other people's gear and equipment, their Int is usually a few thousand below where I am and they've managed to clear rift 90. Seeing that really makes me feel like I'm not effectively playing the wizard the right way for 80+ rifts. In game, I've asked a few folks to look over my gear and give me pointers and so far what I've been told is that I'm mixing two different builds by using the Aether Walker with the Zodiac ring. To me, the difference between the In-Geom and the AW are minor enough to where I don't really see it as a problem. I have considered farming for a good CoE ring to take the place of the Zodiac. But I'm confused by the skill changes. People using black hole instead of arcane torrent as that causes the loss of one of the elements for the tal rasha set bonus. could someone explain this or link me to a good site explaining rotations?Ragnarok6 22h
22h Coop Wizard and Barbarian - skills and sets Hi guys, I need help!! I started playing Diablo Reaper of the Soul on PS4 this past week, coop Wizard and Barbarian. Last time I went played was over 10 years ago, Diablo II, no wonder I'm lost! My wizard and my boyfriend's barbarian just got to level 70, and we're having a lot of difficulty adjusting and picking up the best skills. Can anyone help? I was used to playing with frozen orb + meteor on Diablo 2, but I really like desintegrate on Diablo 3 so far. Also don't know if I should be playing in my R1 with archon or black hole. Currently I gave up on my hydra and have been using both, hehe - which is probably not the best strategy. Oh one more thing skill wise, teleport doesn't really work well for PS4 coop, so I'm also looking at what to use instead. Gear wise, I've been so far prioritizing "intelligence" and "vitality" for my wizard, while my boyfriend is focusing on "strength" and "vitality". Should we keep going this way? Last thing that has been driving me insane: I haven't yet found a good wand, and have been walking with a two-handed weapon that has high damage. Weapon damage like this use to do nothing for wizards back in the day, but my wizard in Diablo 3 seems to be giving a lot more damage with this weapon... What is the recommendation here? And what stats should I be looking for in both my weapons? Whoever has the same information for the barbarian, please post it here too! Thanks guys!!LucyZi2 22h
1d Is Etched Sigil our new lazy build? I like wizard but Archon and all the clicky builds take to much thinking. I love Netflix builds, could Etched Sigil with Tals, DMO or Firebirds be our new lazy speed run builds? And how can you do speed runs with a channeling build?GOLDFARMER5 1d
1d Why DMO doesnt affect all primary skills ? It could be pretty good for electrocute with Myken's orb and Velvet CamaralTheHunter0 1d
1d can disintegrate make a come back in 2.6.1? with so many old builds coming back in 2.6.1 is there any chance for disintegrate builds? i saw firebird got a little buff but dont know if thats good enoughGehenna47 1d
1d Does anyone want to play the old CM Wiz? I was wondering if i'm the only one who feels that i want to play the old CM Wizard where perma-freeze was still available and critical mass was still usable. I wouldn't mind being stuck with the old set of skills and sets that wizards used to have. Those days were fun! Anyone feel the same way? God bless, ShellShell21 1d
1d Any useful freeze build for GR? Hi every1! I'm having hard time in higher GR so i thought maybe a freezing build will help me to complete GR... So any advice for freeze build? Thanks all!Zemheri3 1d
1d PTR Elite Sniping Archon Build First of all, the build described in this post is more in the direction of a proof-of-concept. I'm not advocating you play this in 2.6.1... and I have to say, the playstyle described below is not fun. It really tests my patience. But my goal is to make a point. I'm also reaching out to Archon/Corpse Lance players as well as Wizard veterans to critique this hypothetical build and/or playstyle. I've been watching and casually testing PTR 2.6.1. They've buffed a lot of Wizard items to try to make other builds more similar to Archon in performance. However, there has been a history of clever Wizard players who have figured out how to use Archon directly or indirectly to buff their builds via Fazulas Improbable Chain and/or The Swami. These were probably not builds contemplated by the developers (because who in their right mind would want to play some of these builds?). The earliest example I can think of is an Energy Twister+Archon where Archon was used to buff Energy Twister damage (I can't remember if this used Swami or if ETs were cast and then Archon popped). Then we saw Firebirds Archon for a couple seasons, and then we saw the more recent Tal Rasha + Vyrs + Manald Heal Archon. My goal is to try to demonstrate that all the PTR buffs, channeling, Dels/Frozen Orb, etc... can still be successfully used with Archon with the right strategy. This would imply that, as before, Archon would have the edge over non-Archon variants which would partly defeat the purpose of the 2.6.1 patch. Inspired by the horrid Corpse Lance builds, the theme of this build is to use Wizard's most powerful form as a little more than a taxi service to the nearest elite. Then I drop out of Archon and get 50+ Archon stacks on Swami for 20 seconds to kill some elites and more. This should be enough time to do some damage considering LotD is 10 seconds and those Corpse Lance players can seem to pull it off... Then I pop Archon and taxi over to the next elite, completely ignoring anything in my path. But there is a method to it! I promise. So for some prototyping freedom with legendaries, I made an LoN build that follows this theme. It can be sketchy outside of Archon, but I've managed GR96. I think I can push well past up to at least GR98 with some rift fishing. I'm not an Archon expert, so any feedback is appreciated on how to improve the build. I'm interested in how to fit this theme into Delsere (unlikely), Firebirds, Tal Rasha, or Vyrs (or a combo of these). Skills (WIP) https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#meSTQP!afbh!ZacZac Gear (WIP) Head: Leoric's Crown (Diamond, Int/Vit/CHC) Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling (Int/Vit/Armor|%Life/CDR) Neck: Eye of Etlich (Fire%|CHC|CHD) or Ess of Johan (CHC/CHD/CDR) Torso: Cindercoat (Int/Vit) Hands: Mage Fist (Int/Vit/CHC/CHD ... you can try to fit CDR) Wrists: Ashnagaar's Blood Bracers (Fire%/Int/Vit/CHC) Waist: Fazula's Improbable Chain (Int/Vit/%Life/Armor) Fingers: LoN (CDR/CHC/CHD ... I realize this is a tall order, do your best). Pants: Swamp Land Waders (Fire%/Int/Vit/Armor) Weapon: Death Wish (Int/Vit/CDR ... at least this is what I found) Offhand: Etched Sigil (Int/CHC/CDR/Meteor% ... well, if you have Vit on your Death Wish like me...) Feet: Nilfur's Boast (Int/Vit/Res|Armor/Meteor%) NOTE: I'm not sure if Meteor% is additive with The Grand Vizier orange text damage or not. If it is additive, it makes Meteor% darn near worthless. Cube (WIP) Weapon/Offhand: The Grand Vizier Armor: The Swami Jewelry: Halo of Karini So you want around 66% CDR for a smooth transition in and out of Archon. Otherwise, it gets even more difficult to survive. Legendary Gems (WIP) Taeguks Bane of the Striken Zeis Playstyle So when you first enter a rift, aside of casting Magic Weapon and Storm Armor, you immediately pop Archon. The Teleport rune and your 66% CDR will act like a makeshift Aether Walker. Now you just teleport in any direction until you notice that Archon is about to expire or when you see an elite or very large pack of high progression monsters. When you see an Elite Or Very Large Pack of High Progression Monsters When you see an elite or very large pack of high progression monsters, keep teleporting and opening doors and exploring to see if any other elites/monsters are nearby. You want to get everyone's attention. If you're using Ess of Johan, repeatedly hit the elite(s) and/or other monsters with the Archon beam to proc Ess of Johan. The Archon form may be a taxi service, but it can still be used to group monsters together tightly for your upcoming meteors and channeling. Ess of Johan is a bit frustrating to proc, but do I get it to proc one or two times while in Archon. If you're using Eye of Etlich, you can still hit the elites and hope to get some Stricken stacks in at least and build some Deflection shielding. Other than that there's not much point in hitting anything in your Archon form (but do hit the RG to help build Stricken stacks!). When Archon is about to Expire It's very important to pick where you land when Archon expires. Ideal locations to land are vacant and short dead end passages. In your herding efforts, you may need to strategically vacate a location as described for your own upcoming safety! If you land just anywhere, you open yourself up to fighting on multiple fronts. Stuff behind you, stuff to the sides of you, in front of you. The GRs seem to be fairly highly dense these days. If you're too cautious, you may be too far from the elites you need to snipe. When I first wrote this post, I had survivability issues. I've since solved this problem by changing Slow Time out with Halo of Karini+Storm Armor along with Ashnagaars Blood Bracers+Galvanizing Ward+Magic Weapon/Deflection. You will probably tank anything in the GR90s like it were nothing! For me, the Archon form has about 800 million toughness, and non-Archon form with Swami stacks (which actually don't affect toughness) has about ~200 million toughness. The latter is enough toughness to survive some hits, but you'll have to move around more with Cindercoat instead of Aquilas Cuirass. Snipe the Elites Slow Time no longer needed. Just channel Static Discharge into your Ess-of-Johan-bunched (if you're using Ess of Johan) mixture of elites and monsters. The Molten Impact will come down hard and it does one or two shot almost everything (at least in GR96 for non-elites). You should also manually cast Meteor/Molten Impact yourself to get a second one. Be sure to channel when you cast it! I've been having trouble manually casting Meteor while channeling. You might have to take your finger off channeling and mash the meteor button and continue channeling afterward. Rinse and Repeat You may or may not kill the elites before your Archon comes off cooldown. If you kill the elites, you should focus on surviving or killing some high progress trash monsters until Archon comes off cooldown after which you would continue your exploration as above. On the other hand, If you do not kill the elites before Archon comes off cooldown, you should immediately jump back into Archon again and do some more herding and try again. Keep trying to search for more monsters/elites to herd into your existing pack. Key Bindings You'll likely be casting Archon's Beam prior to Archon expiring. When that happens, you'll probably want it to smoothly transition to Arcane Torrent. I recommend putting Arcane Torrent on Right Mouse Button. You may be tempted to Meteor/Molten Impact on Left Mouse Button. But this obviously has issues. Namely, you don't want to cast this by accident when left clicking to evade! Thus, I recommend moving Archon to Left Mouse Button (which will not activate if you attack a monster with left click and conveniently does nothing more than command a move!) and Meteor/Molten Impact as one of the numeric keys. You'll have to get used to Shift+Left Click to get into Archon. No biggie... I do it with Land of the Dead on Necromancer all the time. You might also find it convenient to put Teleport on numeric key 3 since Archon puts it there too. I usually put it on numeric key 1... I had to run like 10+ normal rifts to re-train muscles! And I still press 1 sometimes... Follower I was using Templar for a while but I changed to Eirena with Sultan of the Blinding Sand sword and Ess of Johan. I use Eirena is to cast lots of CC to distract (charm) or temporarily disable large packs of monsters (blind,disorient,hex) giving me a fair chance to channel with less interruption. Added bonus, 6% ranged damage reduction! Rift Fishing It's tough to play this way in many constrained maps like tunnels/sewers or some of the Act 3 or Act 5 maps. The open maps make it much easier to herd (very large herds too!) and give you more room to evade. It's a double-edged sword though since you still want a vacant nook to hide in when Archon expires and these are not always available on more open maps. EDIT: Add legendary gems. EDIT2: Update guide for GR92 run. EDIT3: Update guide for GR96 run.nslay27 1d
1d Tal rasha set I've been hunting tal rasha set for weeks and spent lot's of blood shard at kadala but still can't get a piece of tal rasha except the source i got from day 2. I farm rift, bounties T1 - T4 from time to time but all I got was blackthorne set which is something useless for me. Anyone lucky enough to get the set mind to tell me where does it drop?Junichiro108 1d
1d MH Light/Archon - GR90+? https://www.d3planner.com/248918038 What kind of sheet damage and toughness are required to get into the 90s? I tried a 92 today and I had trouble killing larger trash quickly, even when MH procs. My sheet damage is 1.851M and toughness @ 12.7M. Not sure why d3 planner shows differentFurianXO20 1d
4d Etched Sigil Proc Mechanics (AS & ICD)? EDIT (9/19/2017): Bug report on the PTR forum was replied by Don Vu. There was a bug with Etched Sigil's ICD, though it wasn't what any of us were thinking it was. ... As such, please take the OP as below, with a grain of salt. I will update the OP after we've tested Etched Sigil after the fix. ----- EDIT (9/17/2017): Per testing of Dolynick, the ICD of etched sigil could be higher than expected (80 frames instead of our previous assumption of 60). You can read more on Doly's testing here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759186011#post-11 And the full tables of predicted proc rates based on that ICD here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759186011#post-16 Please comment or upvote the bug report linked below (PTR forum) if you want to help get etched sigil fixed. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759225937 Will leave the rest of my original post to preserve post history. ----- In regards to Etched Sigil, channeling skills are only attacking (and attempting to proc it) once every attack cycle. Arcane Torrent and Disintegrate are speed coefficient = 3 spells (ticking 3 times at 1 APS). These will only attempt to proc Etched Sigil once every 3 ticks. The implications for timing your Etched Sigil properly are worth noting. For full channeling builds, you might have to account for this gap of time (several ticks' worth in duration), and possibly optimize your Attack Speed so as to limit the amount of time wasted. EDIT: after looking at results, it looks like the 12 Frames / Tick BP is best. This BP happens to also be the easiest to gear for (with a 1.4 AS weapon, only need AS from paragon to meet it). It also happens to be the BP most builds that require this type of full-on channel behavior have been gearing towards for quite some time. Below will be an analysis of Etched Sigil, and the effects attack speed have on proccing this item in regards to channeling. NOTE: The scenario described below only applies to full channel (never stopping). It does not account for interweaving manual casts of your spender (such as Meteor) between your channel. Note that EB can be cast manually without interrupting channeling, which is one of it's strengths, but for EB you also have to account for the CDR reducing your etched sigil EB procs (which is a different calculation altogether). ----- Other Notes: Times in seconds were taken from the video clips, as such they serve only to mark the difference in time. Times are approximate. My video software was keyframing, so these are a rough estimate. After some other charting, I figured out the slight variances for the odd numbered Frame intervals. Basically, for 11, 9, and 8 frames / tick tests, there are partial ticks that are being wasted in addition to the listed number of ticks wasted. For example, on the 11 frames / tick listing, we would expect 22 frames wasted, but there are alternating partial ticks of 6 and 4 frames each. These get added in to the 22 frames, to give 28 and 26, respectively. ----- Video of Testing (tested on PTR): https://youtu.be/o4KXa0Y6dYU PTR PATCH 2.6.1 - v2.6.1.47251 I've only tested speed co = 3, since I felt those were the most relevant. I can go back and test speed co = 2 (Ray of Frost), if needed. The results below are in relation to Speed co = 3. 20 Frames / Tick | 3 Ticks / s | 0.95239 to 1 AS Time(s) Time Between Time Wasted Ticks wasted Frames Wasted 0.35 1.633 0.633 2 40 1.983 1.65 0.65 2 40 3.633 1.667 0.667 2 40 5.3 1.683 0.683 2 40 6.983 1.683 0.683 2 40 8.666 2 40 12 Frames / Tick | 5 Ticks / s | 1.53847 to 1.66666 AS Time(s) Time Between Time Wasted Ticks wasted Frames Wasted 39.733 1.45 0.45 2 24 41.183 1.35 0.35 2 24 42.533 1.4 0.4 2 24 43.933 1.4 0.4 2 24 45.333 1.417 0.417 2 24 46.75 1.4 0.4 2 24 48.15 2 24 11 Frames / Tick | 5.45455 Ticks / s | 1.66667 to 1.81818 AS Time(s) Time Between Time Wasted Ticks wasted Frames Wasted 20.35 1.416 0.416 2 28 21.766 1.467 0.467 2 26 23.233 1.483 0.483 2 28 24.716 1.467 0.467 2 26 26.183 1.483 0.483 2 28 27.666 2 26 10 Frames / Tick | 6 Ticks / s | 1.81819 to 2 AS Time(s) Time Between Time Wasted Ticks wasted Frames Wasted 39.55 1.45 0.45 3 30 41 1.5 0.5 3 30 42.5 1.5 0.5 3 30 44 1.516 0.516 3 30 45.516 1.5 0.5 3 30 47.016 1.484 0.484 3 30 48.5 3 30 9 Frames / Tick | 6.66667 Ticks / s | 2.00001 to 2.22222 AS Time(s) Time Between Time Wasted Ticks wasted Frames Wasted 20.716 1.484 0.484 3 30 22.2 1.516 0.516 3 30 23.716 1.5 0.5 3 30 25.216 1.484 0.484 3 30 26.7 1.5 0.5 3 30 28.2 1.55 0.55 3 30 29.75 3 30 8 Frames / Tick | 7.5 Ticks / s | 2.22223 to 2.5 AS Time(s) Time Between Time Wasted Ticks wasted Frames Wasted 35.4 1.45 0.45 3 27 36.85 1.45 0.45 3 24 38.3 1.483 0.483 3 27 39.783 1.467 0.467 3 24 41.25 1.466 0.466 3 27 42.716 1.467 0.467 3 24 44.183 3 27 Cratic34 4d
Sep 17 [Request Change] Myken's Ball of Hate Hello! To clarify, this is not to say there is anything wrong with the effects of the item as it is, but more to improve the use-case across all of electrocute. With Myken's Ball of Hate and Velvet Camarel there are two runes (arc lightning and lightning blast) that are completely ignored by the items. This makes these two runes far less desirable and reduces build variety. Because of this, this suggestion aims to target this. How do you do this? The effects (bouncing back to previously hit enemies) is fine. However, let's take a lesson from https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/augustines-panacea and how it handles skills with change-up runes. With that said, here's what I propose: Myken's Ball of Hate Electrocute gains an effect based on the rune: Chain Lightning chains to enemies already hit. Forked Lightning chains to enemies already hit. Lightning Blast casts 50% faster. Surge of Power chains to enemies already hit. Arc lightning casts 50% faster The hope here is that this change won't actually harm any existing builds while enabling new ones. Thank you all for your time reading this, happy slaying!YOSHI90481 Sep 17
Sep 17 Can we please have an ice set? Came up with my own for fun, but would still be really nice if we got an official ice/cold set. My idea: Touch of the Ice Witch (2 piece) Receiving fatal damage freezes you in a block of ice and heals 100% of your maximum health over 2 seconds. This effect has a 60 second cooldown. (4 piece) Ice Armor gains the Frozen Storm Rune and reduces damage taken by 50%. In addition, Frost Nova gains the effect of every rune and has a 50% reduced cooldown. (6 piece) Increases all cold damage dealt by 3000% and the duration of freeze effects by 50%. Blizzard is cast for free every second spent channeling and with every spell cast, and frozen enemies pulse Frost Nova every second.Nosferatu3 Sep 17
Sep 17 Damage Buff Amulet Idea Unsettling Rivière (Wizard Neck) ** Signature Spells increase all Damage by 35-40% for 5 Seconds, Force Spells increase the duration of the effect by 5 seconds both Stacking up to 10 Times. The number of effective stacks is decreased by 2 for Each Set Bonus you have active. { Changed from ** Signature Spells increase all Damage by 35-40% for 5 Seconds. This can Stack up to 10 Times. The number of effective stacks is decreased by 2 for Each Set Bonus you have active.} While Mostly I was thinking of this for LoN it could also be used as an alternative to F&R and Endless walk. How it works. You cast a Signature Spell you get a damage stack, casting again (Same Signature Spell or another) gives you another stack. Casting a Force Spell increases the duration of the Buff up to a maximum of 50 Seconds (5 Seconds * 10 Stacks). After Hitting the 50 Seconds (Or 10 stacks of Force Spells) the buff timer continues to count down until the buff ends and you restart the processs. This makes the buff something you have to work for while Basing it around Force and Signature Spells makes for more interesting Game play. The Amulet also would not fit in well with Archon Builds and could not work with 6/4 Multi set builds which I think is a good thing. To calculate the damage buff this formula would be used. TotalBuff = (stacks - (Number of set Bonuses * 2)) * Buff%. (The 35-40%) If TotalBuff is less than zero then TotalBuff = 0% So if your wearing this with a 6 Piece set you need to get to 7 Stacks before you get a buff. (Max buff 160%) If wearing with LoN you need 3 Stacks before you get a Buff. (Max Buff 320%) With No sets you start getting the buff on the First stack. (Max Buff 400%) If worn with a full set with F&R as well you don't receive a Bonus until you get to 9 stacks and now have a Max buff from it of 80%. So while a nice buff isn't OP and is harder to maintain.Jenny1 Sep 17
Sep 16 My LoN Build My goal was to create an LoN build that could clear a GR60. Well, I have now done that, so I thought I would share it. My profile is here: (look at Loni) https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/storytime42-1253/hero/94450162 Please keep in mind, I also had a lvl 80 Bane of Trapped, and a lvl 80 Bane of Stricken equipped as well. I'm just not willing to let them go off my other builds just to show off. :) I know I don't have video, so sorry about that. I'm also NOT claiming it can push. I feel I got lucky with a lot of arcane enemies, and open spaces to go, so in other words, RNG was on my side. But I had a ton of fun, and I thought I'd share something that is different. Thanks in advanced for not trolling.storytime429 Sep 16
Sep 16 I would like some help with my molten built? https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worldoflies-1835/hero/80198831 I am doing a molten build without those lame timed damage buffs like that belt that gives damage because you opened a chest. Also the build only uses molten and blackhole. I'm using in-geom but maybe it's not that useful for molten even if it's biggest problem is CDR. My biggest problem is damage, i can kill off GR50 elites, but have problems with regular mobs. I don't expect to do GR100 or anything, just do GR50 comfortably.Worldoflies5 Sep 16
Sep 15 LoN Electro Wiz needs love 4 amulet/pants https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CptKrnch-2154/hero/73017369 Holla - I just need suggestions for the Amulet and Pants is there any pants that increase attack speed? I'm don't have a clue what amulet would benefit this build the most I will be changing up the bracers for Krelm's Buff Bracers as knockback kills me most by stopping my attacks/manald procs I'm keeping the Lightning % for Conduit Pylon buff I am also going to drop my Electrocute buffs as its doing almost no damage - also why I need to drop Depth Diggers for something better Thanks, cheers.CptKrnch14 Sep 15
Sep 14 Ideal Build Is there a world in 2.6.1 where this build will work: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#NRlQk!!bYZcZ Last slot doesn't matter much. I'm assuming it has to be an armor skill for survivability. I'm guessing you probably need a primary skill or Conduit to keep the arcane power up, so I doubt the build would work in practice, but maybe there is a combination that does. The actual runes on Disintegrate and Black Hole don't matter too much, I only really dislike Disintegrate/Entropy (thinking in a Tals set where the element might matter.) It certainly wouldn't have to be a pushing build, but if it could do whatever the equivalent of a GR 80 today (I'm assuming that gets pushed a bit from the all the buffs in 2.6.1) that would be my dream build. I used to use that a while back before sets became dominant.GunnersDream0 Sep 14
Sep 14 Need help from wizard players! Can some1 help me pls? I need any advice from Wizard players... With my wizard i can't complete any low grift... I cant complete even lvl 45 grift... I dont know what i'm doing wrong? This is my wizard; https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zemheri-21259/hero/96507695Zemheri7 Sep 14
Sep 13 [Support] DMO Primus Twister build Hey, I found this build on the 3 person ladder a month ago in one of the high tier positions, and since I was looking for new builds to try because I was maining lite archon all the time, I wrote it out and built it out of my spare legendaries. Suffice it to say, a monk is typically better, but this build gives atk speed buffs for team members as well as the debuff for mobs for those familiar with DMO. It packs a nice 230mil toughness, but is clearly no dps. I found myself running in pubs with three necros, so when they were packing so much dps, a dps wizard was kind of "Why?," and so I ran this to bunch up the trash and expedite the GRs. I actually noticed a big difference when running with a friend playing skelemage necro. I AFK'd for a bit, and the GR went into overtime, so I hopped back on and it noticeably sped up the progress (and we finished the GR in time). Also, it's a decent build for those who find themselves getting squishy in higher GRs and want a quick break, or when there is no monk. Video (apologies for the xSplit overlay): https://youtu.be/hGB0yNOatC0 Build: https://www.d3planner.com/590979541 Give me your thoughts, and regards, FlimsterFlimster3 Sep 13
Sep 13 When to Switch Intell Paragon to Vitality This has probably been discussed, but I didn't find the answer in a search. At what paragon level do you stop dumping your points into intell and switch to vitality? A secondary question about inventory...are shields worth keeping in inventory? I don't foresee any builds where a shield will be of use. Thanks as always for any feedback.Fizban8 Sep 13
Sep 12 Jang's Envelopment needs a rethink it's such a shame that a cool skill like Black hole has such a useless item to "buff" it. So lets put up some ideas for this item. Heres mine **Enemies Damaged by Black hole take 100% extra damage from your same element attacks as the Black Hole for 6-8 seconds. Hitting an enemy effected by this has a 10% chance to reduce the cool down of Black Hole by 1 second.Jenny4 Sep 12
Sep 12 Why are there no shoulders or Gloves for us? It' amazing to me how nearly every time Wizards get a new Item it seems to be a ring! Does Blizzard think Wizards don't wear Gloves or Shoulders??? What about amulets too there are no Wizard specific Amulets. So Here's a couple of ideas (Basically I'm bored because I know we will get nothing) Pauldrons of Familiarity (Shoulders) ** Familiar Gains the Sparkflint Rune and increases your attack speed by 10%. This would make Familiar Useful once again by giving a bigger damage boost and allowing us to use some of the other Familiar Runes. I choose attack speed because it's a bonus we don't get much of as wizards and could really do with. Arcane Gauntlets (Gloves) **Each Cast of an Arcane Signature Spell increases the Damage of your next Arcane Spenders by 10% for 3 seconds and Restores 5 AP (This AP can restore above your normal limit) this can stack 10 times. This is sort of like a super Arcane dynamo and can even be used as well as the passive. The extra AP and damage we would get from it would help to encourage the Signature then Spender (kaboomy) style that Blizzard likes.Jenny5 Sep 12
Sep 12 What's a good bounty/rift clearing build? Hi all, I'm new to wizard here. Just want to build a wiz for now that runs bounties and normal rifts at a relatively fast pace. Any advice is appreciated. I'm guessing Tal/Vyrs?Wangster1 Sep 12
Sep 12 How about some more Bracers Witches Coil ** Blur Passive damage reduction is increased to 35%, Blur also increases your Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 15% each. (Max movement speed now 40%) While for defence these may not compete with Blood Bracers or Parthan Defenders (it's only an 18% buff over what Blur is anyway) I feel something like this would be great for farming builds giving Wizards some extra movement and a bit of a damage boost too. The Attack speed buff shouldn't make too much of a difference to Archon Builds as they already max this out anyway but would be handy for Other Builds especially deaths breath farming setups.Jenny0 Sep 12
Sep 10 How about a new channeling set? 2pc: Other spells can be cast without interrupting channeling 4pc: While channeling, you also channel a sleet storm that converts each critical hit damage from all skills into 0.10% damage reduction for 10 seconds 6pc: Channeling skills are increased by a factor of t * 2 where t is the duration of uninterrupted channeling in seconds So for 6pcs we have the following damage outputs 0 second X 1 damage 1 second X 2 damage 2 seconds X 4 damage 4 seconds X 8 damage 8 seconds X 16 damage 16 seconds X 32 damage 32 seconds X 64 damage 64 seconds X 128 damage . . . and so on Do you guys think this could be fun?Shell1 Sep 10
Sep 10 Need help from a pro! Can someone check out my build/gear and give me some advice? Would love to get on the leaderboards currently best solo is 82. Any advice is much appreciated.DeSantis4 Sep 10
Sep 10 Some Ideas For Wizard Hat Improvements. Magistrate Frost Hydra now periodically casts Frost Nova. Slowed or Frozen Monsters take 200% increased damage from your Cold Skills Velvet Cameral Double the number of enemies your Electrocute jumps to. Your Primary Skills Attack 50% faster. Darkmages Shade Automatically cast Diamond Skin when you fall below 35% Life. This effect may occur once every 15–20 seconds. While in Diamond Skin you are immune to Crowd Control. ARCHMAGE'S VICALYKE Mirror Image Gains the effect of every Rune. Enemies Hit by your Mirror Images take 200% increased Damage from Arcane. Storm Crow Chance on hit to summon a Lightening Elemental that does 200% weapon Damage and has 200% of your life. When the Lightening Elemental Dies it explodes for 50,000% Weapon Damage as lightening over 20 Yards. It can be targeted by your own attacks.Jenny2 Sep 10
Sep 9 Can someone help me with few questions ? Hi guys! I have couple of questions, it would be great if someone could help me with, 1) What is mirror image Crit chance ? do they inherit your Crit chance or do they have their own, or simply they can't Crit ? 2) how is area damage calculated for frozen orb ? as far as i know frozen orb does damage in 3 ways, the frost bolts, the actual orb passing through and the final explosion. 3)How is elemental exposure damage is calculated, is it multiplicative since it is a debuff ? 4) is there some kind of list for procs with CDs ? sometimes when i'm checking a certain item i will find comments stating that the proc has an ICD while for some other items it doesn't so how can i tell ?abdo1 Sep 9
Sep 8 stuck at gr 50 need advice/gear check hey every one I am a light archon with tals/vyrs and currently I am stuck at around gr 50 idk what gear or what skills I should be using/aiming for so any advice would be greatly appreciated so please if any veteran wizards out there can help me that would be greatly appreciated my wizards name is icast https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/doobie22-1527/hero/93835765doobie223 Sep 8
Sep 8 Chantodo, Manald, and Vyr 95 vid I haven't really touched wizard soloing in a long time so I decided to give 95 a try or two using some of the new Vyr changes. Just showcasing a variant of Vyrs I found fun with the new changes. Here's a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzaIRR29vs The run I succeeded on actually starts later on. https://youtu.be/XQzaIRR29vs?t=2m20s (~2mins in) It was my second attempt with this (the first one was that first 2 mins of the vid), I didn't even really know what I was doing, and I'm pretty tired right now. I think with a few more augs (some of my gear's not even ancient for Vyrs) and some luck, it could reach much higher. The first 2:00part of that vid shows you pretty much exactly what to AVOID. Those type of starts seem to be about the only weakness with this setup. Overall, it was surprisingly fun. The build is incredibly tanky. I mean you saw me just sitting there facetanking the maiden, right? She just gave the hell up and ran over and started hitting the enchantress (and unfortunately my tele was down so I was like "HEY GET BACK HERE I NEED STRICKEN STACKS"). Originally I tried a zodiac variant that I thought of, but it just didn't cut it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv-2_bi0_do&feature=youtu.be Was kind of fun, but ran out of AP way too fast between EB and SD to actually charge archon fast enough to be worth it over CoE. Here's a d3planner https://www.d3planner.com/654174691 Edit: Also in case anyone wants to closely monitor the damage numbers in that vid, try to pay attention to the damage between chantodo and manald. For some reason, I felt that chantodo and manald were interfering with each other. Not sure if I'm right, but just felt like something was up.StoleOwnCar23 Sep 8
Sep 8 Agamotto's Passage How about a new legendary amulet. Agamotto's Passage, teleporting automatically casts slowtime on your target location. Slowtime cast while teleporting undo's any monster effects for 1 second after it is cast. Would be fun to use with the new DMO don't you think? God bless, ShellShell4 Sep 8
Sep 8 Latest wizard changes (PTR) v2.6.1.46946 Full PTR notes here, changes also quoted below: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068/ Initial thoughts: LOVE the changes to Vyrs, and Frozen orb. Sad about the nerf to Firebirds. 150% per stack is only 3000%, which makes FB just good enough to be comparable with Tal Rasha. You almost might just run Tals instead.. I'm really hoping that this change is driven in an attempt to silently guide players toward testing other builds. Good fix with the archon rune not freezing. ... ... ... ...Cratic17 Sep 8
Sep 7 Lightning hydra archon GR push help? Hello. Been using this build and managed to get to 87 in 11:30. I feel this could get up to 100 or so, but I notice the weakest part for me is the downtime between archon, I get insanely squishy and have to run from mobs until its back up. I'm at 58.5 CDR. Was wondering if anyone knew what I could change/upgrade to progress further.leetfeet0 Sep 7
Sep 7 Any Advice for an Ice Wizard? Hi all. I've focused on an ice build but am struggling on GRs above 35. My build is focused on gear that gives a % bonus to cold. (60% cold damage, 44% blizzard damage, ect..) I can damage mobs well but am a bit squishy past GR35. Any advice for upping my survival? Any other advice for gear or changes to improve my damage? Thanks in advance! Stevespecillum9 Sep 7
Sep 7 Energy Twister no longer pulling I have a mage and today, randomly in the middle of rifting, energy twister stopped pulling enemies together. Doesn't matter what difficulty I play on, it completely stopped pulling anyone. Did I touch a skill?RisingOutlaw2 Sep 7
Sep 5 FB or MH Archon? I know MH is pulling higher in GR's, or least I think, but I am getting too squishy for 75+ Lot more tankiness with FB from what I hear. So what's the winner here? Is there a way to go MH and add more tank?leetfeet3 Sep 5
Sep 5 what procs BotT with MH Archon build? I'm not entirely sure, anyone?leetfeet3 Sep 5
Sep 5 Glass Cannon passive As the title says, what do you guys think about this passive it seems to me its way under budget the damage boost is just so small and as far as i know its not even multiplicative boost.abdo1 Sep 5
Sep 5 A new Mini set for wiz ? why can't we have a new set for wizards that affect some skills that didn't see much support ever since ROS came out ? I was thinking something like: (2) Frost nova can now be cast at range, deals 2000% weapon damage and its radius is increased by 100%. (3) Familiar projectiles now pierce targets and its damage is increased by 1000%, you may have up to 3 Familiars active at the same time. (4) Mirror image gain the effect of every rune, in addition while its active your damage is increased by 500% and 25% of damage taken will be redirected to the images. This would be a mini set not a stand alone set like tal, firebird...abdo0 Sep 5
Sep 5 Lightning wiz help? Getting to GR 75-80+ and I'm getting a little squishy. How can I help this?leetfeet3 Sep 5
Sep 4 New player, need some advice I played for the first two years diablo 3 came out and was doing pretty well with gear and was a reasonably high paragon level. I come back 3 years later to see so many changes, it seems overwhelming. I want to understand the game enough where I can set goals to find the right gear and create the right build and aspire to achieve it! To be honest, I have no idea what I am looking for, what stats are good, what equipment to use, what skills got nerfed, and which ones stack well. I see people doing tier 12 and my character can only solo tier 6. So if someone here would be kind enough, I have a laundry list of questions that would better help me understand the game. All of these pertain to a wizard build. My current wizard build is https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RiseRussia-1570/hero/94052578 1. What are the best stats to look for on equipment in order of importance? (when I used to play I remember crit chance was huge) 2. Are there new sets in game I should be looking for? What pieces, how many? 3. Can you point out the flaws in my gear? What is the weakest piece? What stats or gear should I be looking for to replace them? 4. Are the skills I chose outdated? What would be an optimum build? 5. If thousands of people play d3 why does it say on average when I try to join a public game that only "0"-"12" people are doing t6 adventure for example. Where are all the players? Do random public games exists? Is there any way to find parties without being in a clan or is clan pretty much the only viable option? 6. What happened to rift it forward communities? Did this get nerfed or is there a new channel? Is there a better run that replaced these? 7. What is the best way to farm for new gear?RiseRussia3 Sep 4
Sep 3 Disintegrate Vs. Ray of frost So with the new patch I broke a light of grace in the cube and started using ray of frost, since making it pierce enemies should make it a superior ability to disintegrate. However, when I actually started using it it was immediately obvious that it was doing a lot less damage than disintegrate. I checked my gear, and I did have some items on that increased disintegrates damage as well as arcane damage. I took those off and compared the 2 again and found ray of frost was still doing less. I sure would like to know why.Exaltas17 Sep 3
Sep 2 Energy armor - force armor "Force Armor - Incoming attacks that would deal more than 35% of your maximum Life are reduced to deal 35% of your maximum Life instead. The amount absorbed cannot exceed 100% of your maximum Life." How does it work exactly? Playing wizard for the first time this season, but it doesnt seems to work. I still get one shot on high GR .. over 1 mil HP and dmgover 2 mil.sh3riff9 Sep 2
Sep 2 make me a new wizard set dev team!!!!! Make me a wizard set that increases my damage the lower my base health pool is. I want to make glass cannon nuclear powered DPS wizard that can die from a goblin fart. Make it just for me so i can make my ultimate low vit build. Me love you long time. #1 wiz in blizzard cafeteria YORIYORI9 Sep 2
Sep 2 Useless Inventory List Was just wondering if there was a comprehensive list of items that will never be of any use so maintaining them in inventory is just wasting space? As seasons change some items, especially set items, thought to be useless may have value. Should a Wizard waste inventory space on shields? Are there weapons that will just never be of use? Some sources seem to have interesting attributes, but they never seem to be in the top builds. I feel like I'm a hoarder carrying ancient gear in inventory that should just be salvaged. Anyone know of a list I would love to start some serious salvaging. Thanks for any helpful input.Fizban5 Sep 2